PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it's 4kids's fault that Pokemon movies don't come in theaters anymore

SpongeBoblover
15th August 2007, 11:03 PM
I mean in Japan Pokemon movies are still playing in theaters & there giving out Darkrai (I wish I went to Japan:() do you think it's 4kids fault that they made the movies a little bit stupid Like Mewtwo being evil & not leting the people why he had such anger & hate & saying the world would turn to Ash(making people confuse about either the dust or the hero Ash Kethuem)?

morefirepokemon
15th August 2007, 11:06 PM
yes, they could get them into theaters

SpongeBoblover
15th August 2007, 11:11 PM
O yeah not to mention that they cut out the story about Latias & Latios in the 5th movie.

thunderblade12
15th August 2007, 11:37 PM
no, the naruto movie and fullmetal alchemist movie were only in select theaters, none of the inuyasha or dragonballz movies were in theaters at all.

its all about money. the first movie made plenty, movies 2 and 3 didnt make much in theaters. just like yugioh and digimons movies, they made barely anything

CyberCubed
15th August 2007, 11:53 PM
No, the fad died around the time of the 3rd movie which is why the 4th and 5th movies were only released to limited theaters.

Those movies did so poorly that they decided to release them only to DVD from then on.

~-Overheat-~
16th August 2007, 12:15 PM
Four Kidz make good anime 'For Kidz'. Get it.

Juputoru
16th August 2007, 2:45 PM
Wasn't it Miramax that decided on the limited releases of the 4th and 5th movies? I forget....

Either way, Pokemon apparently wasn't bringing in enough money in the (American)box office to merit releasing the later movies in theaters. So I suppose the real fault lies with little kids who weren't good enough at convincing their parents to take them to Pokemon movies. :p

Dattebayo
16th August 2007, 7:16 PM
Of course it's 4kids's fault. They change the storyline to almost every Pokemon movies instead of keeping the origional plot.

pokemaster95
16th August 2007, 7:35 PM
The 1 and 2 where there money movies 3 is where Yu-GI-oh became popular but 4kids is the worst dubbing company.

Rex Kamex
16th August 2007, 7:35 PM
I agree with Cyber.

Of course it's 4kids's fault. They change the storyline to almost every Pokemon movies instead of keeping the origional plot.

Didn't they only do that to two of the eight movies that they dubbed? (The first one and the fifth one?)

Also, I don't get how changing the storyline would affect the movies' positions in the theater.

Alakazam
16th August 2007, 7:38 PM
It is Four Kids fault. The are just dumb. The show has gone all downhill since them.

Dattebayo
16th August 2007, 8:03 PM
Didn't they only do that to two of the eight movies that they dubbed? (The first one and the fifth one?)

Then what was the origional plot to the fifth movie? I only saw the 4kids dubbed version.

Drkecho
16th August 2007, 8:10 PM
4Kids saved something that would be an epic fail in the box office. First time I will actually, say this 4Kids actually did something right this time

PaulFan1517
16th August 2007, 8:21 PM
I don't think it was their fault. It was a very good idea to stop having the pokemon movies in theaters because you could tell it was slowly going in the wrong direction. In my opinion of all the post movies after the third one I think the lucario and the mystery of mew should have been the only pokemon movie to be in theaters.

Everyone don't jump down my throat it is just my opinion.

HarleyScarow
16th August 2007, 8:23 PM
Wow, I thought those movies were popular.

I don't think it's just Pokemon. Anime-styled movies don't come that often, anymore.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th August 2007, 8:25 PM
Yeah, Traditional Animated films have seen a sharp decline in America. It was for the best.

PaulFan1517
16th August 2007, 8:27 PM
Yeah, Traditional Animated films have seen a sharp decline in America. It was for the best.

Yeah that is so true It seems to me that anime shows were destined to just have popularity on the tv .

Rex Kamex
16th August 2007, 9:23 PM
Then what was the origional plot to the fifth movie? I only saw the 4kids dubbed version.

This (http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/movies_specials/mov05.html) comparison should help. Mainly some of the Dialogue Edit sections.

Surreal
17th August 2007, 9:59 AM
Get your facts right.

Gravy
17th August 2007, 12:25 PM
Everything is 4Kids fault. The fact that computer games get released late in europe? 4Kids fault. The fact that the garbage men always miss at least one bag on their routine pickup? Again, it's 4Kids fault. If I ever grow obese from devouring tons of chcolate on a daily basis? Probably 4Kids fault.

It was? :/

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th August 2007, 4:47 PM
I don't mean them declining was for the best, but that 4kids probably saved money by going the DVD route instead of them bombing at the box-office.

blazeback
19th August 2007, 7:50 PM
i think it was 4kids fault, but maybe movies like Lucario and the mystery of mew would have done good,because likr 1/2 the people ages 3-16 havea pokemon game and like anaime

Drkecho
19th August 2007, 8:53 PM
Everything is 4Kids fault. The fact that computer games get released late in europe? 4Kids fault. The fact that the garbage men always miss at least one bag on their routine pickup? Again, it's 4Kids fault. If I ever grow obese from devouring tons of chcolate on a daily basis? Probably 4Kids fault.You forgot that the War in Iraq? Totally 4Kids fault. Remember the dinosaurs? The meteor's name was 4Kids