PDA

View Full Version : Slakoth/Slaking's Truant ability

uber gon
19th August 2007, 6:15 AM
Do you think we'll EVER see this ability in the animé?

Bliksem
19th August 2007, 7:03 AM
See: Snorlax.

dman_dustin
19th August 2007, 7:15 AM
See: Snorlax.

Snorlax doesn't have the truant ability

And most of the Pokemon's abilities rarely get showcased, like 3 times, Ash' Sceptile, May's Blaziken, and Ash's Pikachu

Pro Gamer
19th August 2007, 7:18 AM
No I do not think so.

uber gon
19th August 2007, 7:34 AM
No I do not think so.

At least there'd be more accuracy.

thunderblade12
19th August 2007, 7:48 AM

And most of the Pokemon's abilities rarely get showcased, like 3 times, Ash' Sceptile, May's Blaziken, and Ash's Pikachu

i remember a lot more than that just from the english version, not to mention all the ones that were lost in 4kids retardation of the script. PUSA seems to be retaining more game elements

uber gon
19th August 2007, 7:49 AM
i remember a lot more than that just from the english version, not to mention all the ones that were lost in 4kids retardation of the script. PUSA seems to be retaining more game elements

Which might mean we'll get to see truant soon.

dman_dustin
19th August 2007, 7:55 AM

oh right there was Cranidos

So far of what I remember so far there has only been

Overgrow
Blaze
Static
Mold Breaker

feel free to add to the list

thunderblade12
19th August 2007, 8:05 AM
Which might mean we'll get to see truant soon.

doubt it, we would have in normans episode. none of the new pokemon have truant either. the writers do like to add random hoeen pokemon to filler episodes though, so you might get lucky

FireFalcon
19th August 2007, 8:36 AM
oh right there was Cranidos

So far of what I remember so far there has only been

Overgrow
Blaze
Static
Mold Breaker

feel free to add to the list

Vital spirit was showcased in the banana garden episode

Bliksem
19th August 2007, 8:49 AM

It was advanced sarcasm. Snorlax is lazy. Truant is laziness. I was being facetious.

Sigh!
19th August 2007, 11:02 PM
in the Sharpedo island episode they showed its rough skin ability

Dreamcoat
19th August 2007, 11:05 PM
Whismur in the Trick House episode.

Amaranth
20th August 2007, 12:24 AM
Wrong Section, Dude.

Why Must You Post Weird Thread's?

=~_~=

Alfonso
20th August 2007, 4:15 AM
Wrong section, not really anything to do with spoilers

-moved-

Mythic Mist
20th August 2007, 7:02 AM
Onix and Sudowoodo's Rock Head were both showcased in D/P.

Venusaur Master
20th August 2007, 10:56 PM
it dosn't seem likely to happen due to it not even happening in hoenn gym battle 5 which was a slakoth evolution episode

uber gon
21st August 2007, 1:03 AM
Wrong section, not really anything to do with spoilers

-moved-

Well if a character shows up in the animé with a Slakoth or Slaking, the truant ability might be showcased. It'd be funny to see too.

pipersgirl™
21st August 2007, 1:27 AM
This ability sucks, so they will leave it out.

Charlord
21st August 2007, 1:46 AM
overgrow was shown too

Geostomp
21st August 2007, 5:14 AM
The Traunt "ability" only applies in terms of turns taken. The anime doesn't do turns so the only way it could ever appear is if the pokemon was fairly poorly trained and too lazy to move unless it had to.

Norman's team was highly disciplined and, therefore, ready to fight at all times.

ijea4444
21st August 2007, 5:18 AM
id want to see shroomish/breloom effect spore. but have they even showcased oison. cuz if they haven't don't even think about poison heal

uber gon
21st August 2007, 5:01 PM
The Traunt "ability" only applies in terms of turns taken. The anime doesn't do turns so the only way it could ever appear is if the pokemon was fairly poorly trained and too lazy to move unless it had to.

Norman's team was highly disciplined and, therefore, ready to fight at all times.

It would've been cool though.

Well, there was that Slakoth in that banana episode that didn't have the truant ability.

Kazuki Mirai
22nd August 2007, 10:28 AM
They kind of made a reference to Hariyama's Thick Fat ability in that episode with Ash vs. Tyson in the Hoenn League? That counts?

Metagross
22nd August 2007, 12:40 PM
The anime is different from the games, the Thick Fat ability was mentioned in one of the episodes, truant is an better ability than Slow Start.

Missingno. Master
22nd August 2007, 1:24 PM
In Showdown at Linoone, they talked about Linoone's Pickup ability.

ijea4444; Yes, Pokemon have been poisoned in the anime. I remember Jessie had Seviper use Poison Tail on a Sharpedo, which later on is revealed to have poisoned it.

Als, in the Togetic episodes, the guy with the 2 Ninjasks and a Shedinja? His Shedinja wasn't affected by any attacks thrown at it until Misty's Gyarados used Flamethrower. Wonderguard ability, anyone?

And to your right, we have a reference to the Forecast ability, as Castform in that episode with the weather institute did change form based on weather.

uber gon
22nd August 2007, 4:56 PM
In Showdown at Linoone, they talked about Linoone's Pickup ability.

ijea4444; Yes, Pokemon have been poisoned in the anime. I remember Jessie had Seviper use Poison Tail on a Sharpedo, which later on is revealed to have poisoned it.

Als, in the Togetic episodes, the guy with the 2 Ninjasks and a Shedinja? His Shedinja wasn't affected by any attacks thrown at it until Misty's Gyarados used Flamethrower. Wonderguard ability, anyone?

And to your right, we have a reference to the Forecast ability, as Castform in that episode with the weather institute did change form based on weather.

Now if only Truant was showcased.