PDA

View Full Version : The voice actors: where are they now?

Metal Bird
20th August 2007, 12:36 AM
It's been nearly a year since Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Rachel Lillis, and the whole voice cast left prior to 4-Kids Productions not renewing their contracts because of the merger between The WB and UPN.

Does anyone know where the old voice cast is now and what they are doing these days?

MidnightScott
20th August 2007, 12:40 AM
4Kids didn't terminate their contract, Pokemon USA is the ones who hired new voice actors :c

~Scott;229;

Cenzo
20th August 2007, 1:00 AM
They're all doing 4kids work still.

AceTrainerNick
20th August 2007, 4:45 AM
We'll probably hear them sometime in the future.

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th August 2007, 4:46 AM
Watch OP (for a bit),Yugioh GX, Viva Pinata, or basically the Foxbox.

Mythic Mist
20th August 2007, 7:03 AM
I hope they still have some work..they need to expand BEYOND 4kids more...

Cobalt_Latios
20th August 2007, 7:07 AM
I don't about everyone else, but apparently Rachel Lillis got herself the lead in a short it seems:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0510418/
the link above 'Lucario and the Mystery of Mew'

Aside from her, I don't know. Although, if Yugioh GX is actually making new episodes then I guess Eric Stuart would be there. If not well...

That's all I seem to know.

~C_L~

ShinyManafi
20th August 2007, 7:19 AM
I don't about everyone else, but apparently Rachel Lillis got herself the lead in a short it seems:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0510418/
the link above 'Lucario and the Mystery of Mew'

Aside from her, I don't know. Although, if Yugioh GX is actually making new episodes then I guess Eric Stuart would be there. If not well...

That's all I seem to know.

~C_L~

I think Stuart does two characters in YGO GX..I've heard him in there somewhere.

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th August 2007, 2:26 PM
Eric Stuart is hired to do like every minor role of a henchmen or badguy in GX, along with Misawa.

Gravy
20th August 2007, 2:44 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh GX must be a pretty loud and melodramtic show I take it?

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th August 2007, 2:46 PM
It's pretty much become a huge joke with villains of the week becoming jokes off people such as Ben Stein. And naturally Eric Stuart "graces" us with his perfect British Accent for Misawa, and flawless accents he performs.

That being said, it's "so bad it's good" thing going on.

Sir Devious
21st August 2007, 1:52 AM
I didn't know Rachel did Misty AND Jessie AND some Pokemon... o_O Torchic, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Beautifly, Horsea... holy crap!

Cobalt_Latios
21st August 2007, 6:31 AM
I didn't know Rachel did Misty AND Jessie AND some Pokemon... o_O Torchic, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Beautifly, Horsea... holy crap!
Tis' one of the greatest things about voice acting: the ability to make your voice seemingly recognizable, yet to be able to vary it to do different sounds. The things you learn when you have a dad that is trying to become a voice actor.

Also, that website has a lot of neat little treats you can enjoy checking out. Although, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl aren't in there yet.

It also happens to have video game voice actors.

~C_L~

Weezing110
22nd August 2007, 5:10 AM
out of all the vocies I'm going to miss Veronica Taylor the most! Its really hard to get used to Ash's new vocie. I have no know clue what she's going to do now, but I wonder what she will do........

Metal Bird
22nd August 2007, 5:24 AM
out of all the vocies I'm going to miss Veronica Taylor the most! Its really hard to get used to Ash's new vocie. I have no know clue what she's going to do now, but I wonder what she will do........
I miss her too. I even think she did a better job playing Ash and Ash's voice sounded alot better.

One of my favorite quotes from Mrs. Taylor back when she was playing Ash:

"You'll feel 100% soon Pikachu, and even better... when we win."

That scene comes from episode 59, "Volcanic Panic" (season 1), the part when he gives Pikachu a bubble bath.

It's so cute too, I even liked that nazely voice that she had when she was playing Ash.

Reign G
22nd August 2007, 9:25 AM
Yeah...Still doing 4Kids work, probably. YGOGX in Season 2 when Pokemon started BF in America, right? Maddie played Sartorious.

Hmm...Wait, Eric plays Bastion? Dude...I didn't recognise his voice for once...I'm losing my touch.

Charlord
22nd August 2007, 1:24 PM

me too, that voice matched ash's character better than the new one, although i kinda like the new voice, not as much as the old one, i guess their trying to make ash seem older

~-Overheat-~
25th August 2007, 2:57 PM
I dont know WHY THE HECK did pokemon usa hired new voice actors????:(

Leona
26th August 2007, 3:32 AM
Man get over it, the new voice actors aren't that bad -__-

Reign G
27th August 2007, 10:11 AM
But to answer your question, the 4Kids actors had a contract with 4Kids, and couldn't work for anyone else. At least, I think that was the problem...

Ashy Boy
27th August 2007, 10:38 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh GX must be a pretty loud and melodramtic show I take it?

You got that right. The third season is getting a bit lame and the voice actors aren't doing a good job. I wished they hadn't walked out on the Pokemon anime.