PDA

View Full Version : A Bubbly Dilemma (MD)

JunXD
20th August 2007, 3:17 AM
Hey everyone,

So, I picked up the game today and, surprisingly, got really into it.

My partner, Squirtle, is trying to learn Water Gun, but seeing as how Bubble has a nearly infinite range, I was having doubts about him learning it, so...

Are there progressively stronger moves in MD as there are in the regular games? ie- Bubble < Water Gun < Bubblebeam < etc.?

Thanks in advanced~

Shine
20th August 2007, 6:31 AM
The moves in MD are different to the games, and personally I've found the power of moves to be more or less the same as each other, although that's just personal experience. Even if the power was different, I'd still go with Bubble since a ranged attack can always come in handy ^^

Mr. Marill
20th August 2007, 10:03 AM
yeah, what he said. I also found Bullet Seed which is useless in normal games extremely good, as with Doubleslap and Fury Attack.

Garmmon
20th August 2007, 10:29 AM
Yup. Got sucked into the Pokemon world after playing PMD too. ^^
I'd say Bubble, because it can benefit you more as it is a ranged attack (straight line, 10 tiles), and can also cut corners like Water Gun. Both are water attacks too, and you don't need too many of them. However, Water Gun has slightly higher base power (Bubble's base attack is 4 while Water Gun's is 5) and PP.

So it's mostly your choice, but I'd say Bubble. ^^

And, as an answer to your question, most moves I know of are still progressively stronger.
Bubble has a range of straight 10 tiles, cuts corners, has base attack 4, has base accuracy 88 and PP 15.
Water Gun has a range of 1 tile, cuts corners, has base attack 5, base accuracy 88 and PP 17.
Bubblebeam has a range of straight 10 tiles, cuts corners, has base attack 6, base accuracy 100 and PP 19.

JunXD
20th August 2007, 4:32 PM
Wow, thank you so much, Shine, Mr. Marill, and Garmmon! That was the kind of answer I was looking for that I couldn't find in the FAQs~

Except for the TMs, I guess it's a guess-and-check experience since you can relearn old moves. But still, it's early on and I didn't really want to spend that much just to see how much stronger / more useful certain attacks were.

I wonder if there are any other interesting moves that are different from the regular pokémon games?