PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think the main girls have a rivalry?

octoboy
21st August 2007, 6:11 AM
I've been reading the thread questioning whether May would appear in Sinnoh, and I noticed there were a lot of speculations about her fighting against Dawn. When I drew attention to this, McCarto guy said that people thought Misty and May would fight in The Princess and the Togepi.

Why do people think they hate each other? They don't seem to have any reason to. There are lots of Misty vs. May and sometimes vs. Dawn debates, but they themselves have shown no hate for each other. It's their fan[boy]s who fight about them a lot, so why do people think they'd fight each other?

Mandi.
21st August 2007, 6:14 AM
I think it's because for some reason the fans think they all have a thing for Ash (????) So they all think the girls are going to fight with each other.

Which is pretty funny. Cause Misty and May had no problem with each other. I don't think May and Dawn will have a problem with each other nor Misty and Dawn either.

octoboy
21st August 2007, 6:22 AM
^ actually, that's likely a big thing. McCartoguy said that people thought they would fight over Ash. Again, this is based on their fandom. It's pokeshippers and advanceshippers who fight, not the characters themselves.

Cassiel
21st August 2007, 6:23 AM
They had no problem with each other, what's wrong with May and Misty, lol ._. (I effing agree with mandikitty!). Dawn hasn't meet any girls, but I think she'll meet one.

EDIT: Yea, all of because fandoms.. Just like octoboy said.

Cobalt_Latios
21st August 2007, 6:35 AM
Fandom... apparently it can sometimes be worse than the writers. Although, without writers there can't really be any show, and without a show, there cannot be a fandom. Funny how that can work out.

~C_L~

Gold10
21st August 2007, 7:42 AM
Since Misty's first encounter with May and no problems had occured, Dawn and Misty will certainly not fight I think neither with May, will Dawn fight with. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the best of friends

Reign G
21st August 2007, 7:50 AM
They don't mean fight like arguing, they mean fight likea Pokemon Battle. For fun, not out of hate.

Captain Brain
21st August 2007, 8:52 AM
It would not surprise if May and Dawn do face-off in a contest battle, but remain friends throughout the show. Misty and May/Dawn don't compete in the same type of matches so there really isn't much of an incentive for them to be in a match with each other; however, only time will tell. ;025;

Rave
21st August 2007, 8:59 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if people always will think that the main girls will always rival each other.

Mostly because some silly fans always speculate that Ash is their love interest, and because they are coordinators.

But thats pretty much what my local friends always say when they watch any new episodes of Pokemon.

Hunter_RuLe
21st August 2007, 9:09 AM
I've been reading the thread questioning whether May would appear in Sinnoh, and I noticed there were a lot of speculations about her fighting against Dawn. When I drew attention to this, McCarto guy said that people thought Misty and May would fight in The Princess and the Togepi.
Ever though they might mean fight like in a pokemon battle? They are both young coordinaters who might have fun in a battle together, just for fun or in an actual competition.

And argeeing with Mandikitty on actual fighting, characters don't fight but their biased fandoms, not only because of shipping though, the good old, 'which is the better/funnier/more developed character?' between characters like May and Misty will most likely go on forever.

altoeevees
21st August 2007, 9:10 AM
It's not the actuall girls the writers make, but the fans

thunderblade12
21st August 2007, 9:15 AM
i think may and dawn will simply because theyre both coordinators..they are rivals after all..all coordinaators are rivals to all other coordinators just as ash is every other trainers rival.

Geostomp
21st August 2007, 2:41 PM
It's probably because fans tend to be conditioned to like one character and dislike another for no real reason.

Since each girl has their own fan groups that appear to hate each other, they believe that the girls must hate each other and fight over superiority.

pipersgirl™
21st August 2007, 2:42 PM
Cuz they need the girls to be much more than just girls.

Shiny pokemon lover
22nd August 2007, 10:52 PM
I do not think they hate each other. I think they would become good friends if they travelled together in one group. But I know that never will happen.

Charlord
24th August 2007, 10:16 PM
1. misty and may have met on many occasions and have never fought and r kinda friends and even joked about ash's personality and the way he acts 2. only misty has a thing for ash

octoboy
24th August 2007, 10:19 PM
I did not say I thought that. I was asking why others thought that. I've pretty much been getting answers as if I claimed they hated each other.

Charlord
24th August 2007, 10:21 PM
I did not say I thought that. I was asking why others thought that. I've pretty much been getting answers as if I claimed they hated each other.

i know i was just stating my point to those who do think this way, sorry

Mello
26th August 2007, 3:39 AM
I think it's because for some reason the fans think they all have a thing for Ash (????) So they all think the girls are going to fight with each other.

Which is pretty funny. Cause Misty and May had no problem with each other. I don't think May and Dawn will have a problem with each other nor Misty and Dawn either.

Perhaps. But (I'm not trying to get shippy here) May never showed any affection for Ash, like, she blushed whenever Drew walked off, but didn't do anything to Ash. Also, May already has rivals in Drew and Harley while Dawn has one in Zoey. I actually think they'll get along well. They're both into the same things (Shopping, Cute Pokemon, Contests etc.). I can picture them as instant girlfriends (not in that way -.-'').

Mandi.
26th August 2007, 5:25 AM
Perhaps. But (I'm not trying to get shippy here) May never showed any affection for Ash, like, she blushed whenever Drew walked off, but didn't do anything to Ash. Also, May already has rivals in Drew and Harley while Dawn has one in Zoey. I actually think they'll get along well. They're both into the same things (Shopping, Cute Pokemon, Contests etc.). I can picture them as instant girlfriends (not in that way -.-'').

I agree with those things.

The three girls would all get along fine. I could see them all going out shopping and everything. 8D I can't see them hating each other or fighting.

martianman40
26th August 2007, 6:45 AM
Misty will probably clash with dawn, but may will be fine.

Sir Devious
26th August 2007, 7:07 AM
Misty and May seem to get along very well in the Anime. I dont think anyone will Rival Dawn, well not May or Misty. If they do appear in Sinnoh for this or that reason im sure May would give her advice and Misty would just treat her like a little sister. There IS the chance Dawn would get all fired up and want to battle with someone who got far in the Grand Festival, twice, maybe three times when we see her, and want to battle. But I dont know. They might just hang out, and that is if May even makes an appearance. So far she hasnt been mentioned once. =/

Cackles
26th August 2007, 7:09 AM
I could see them competing in a contest, but not like having a brawl.

Alfonso
26th August 2007, 7:12 AM
If May appears she will not argue with Dawn, end of.

She will be pleasent, as is her character. May isn't Jessie, neither is Dawn and I can't imagine either of them having a go at the other for no reason.

Not even Ash. Neither of them seem to actually like him in the sense of being attracted to him. :/

Sir Devious
26th August 2007, 7:20 AM
If May appears she will not argue with Dawn, end of.

She will be pleasent, as is her character. May isn't Jessie, neither is Dawn and I can't imagine either of them having a go at the other for no reason.

Not even Ash. Neither of them seem to actually like him in the sense of being attracted to him. :/

I thought of May and Ash a little bit but he's fer sure Mistys.

I could see Dawn being like, "Oh my gosh you are May! You did so well in the Grande Festivals you entered... you just HAVE to have a battle with me!" She is always doing things like that, remember when she went on the "catching spree" at the begining of the season? She caught nothing because she tried to catch everything.

Alfonso
26th August 2007, 7:25 AM
I thought of May and Ash a little bit but he's fer sure Mistys.

I could see Dawn being like, "Oh my gosh you are May! You did so well in the Grande Festivals you entered... you just HAVE to have a battle with me!" She is always doing things like that, remember when she went on the "catching spree" at the begining of the season? She caught nothing because she tried to catch everything.

I wouldn't say he was Misty's for sure at all, but it's best to keep Shipping Opinions in the Shipping forum so I'll keep quiet. :x

People have illusions as to what characters are like. If anyone would argue with another for 'imposing' on their 'man', it would be Jessie.

Sir Devious
26th August 2007, 7:37 AM
I wouldn't say he was Misty's for sure at all, but it's best to keep Shipping Opinions in the Shipping forum so I'll keep quiet. :x

People have illusions as to what characters are like. If anyone would argue with another for 'imposing' on their 'man', it would be Jessie.

Misty wouldnt argue if he got close to May and she was there or something. She would be sad, lower her head, leave and go cry. I can see it all. Who would even try to "impose" on James? Ahh. X[

Alfonso
26th August 2007, 4:55 PM
Misty wouldnt argue if he got close to May and she was there or something. She would be sad, lower her head, leave and go cry. I can see it all. Who would even try to "impose" on James? Ahh. X[

Well, I'm an old-timer Rocketshipper, but there has been instances within the anime itself that Jessie hasn't bothered to get angry when someone has got more than friendly with James. That Rose girl, and even Jessie tried to push him with Temaku, but that was for the same reasons as Jessibelle, for money. I mean someone Jessie has set her sights on, usually for one episode only, that's either good looking or very rich. She was quite catty towards Misty over Doctor Proctor, if I recall.

AnimeDutchess
27th August 2007, 3:41 AM
A lot of people who think that most likely support a certain Ash ship, and will cheer for their girl to win in a physical/verbal/Pokemon fight. personally, i think they'd all be really great friends. ^^

CyberCubed
27th August 2007, 6:45 AM
Misty and May were pretty indifferent to each other for the most part, they never really had a talk with one another or anything of the sort in any of the eps they were both in. You could tell they'd be friends if they had more time to get to know each other, but either way neither had much interaction with each other.

The writers probably didn't care enough to make an emphasis on the Misty/May friendship because they knew that they wouldn't be having Misty show up that much so it didn't matter.

Corzola
27th August 2007, 7:07 AM
Well, in the Mirage special May and Misty seems first to be half-friends and then real friends. I am still a bit confused about Mays line [to Misty]: "See I can be useful" or something. It seems like she [May] wants to prove to Misty that she is able to do things, but on the other hand, I cant see Misty not beliving in May. And the Mirage is as far as I know set after Mistys stint in the seasons.

To the main question, I really dont think any of the girls would fight seriuosly/on bad terms with each other. But Dawn would sure learn a lot from batteling May in a Contest (Dawn thought Zoey was a great coordinator - she had 1 Ribbon, May have likes 10 or something gaining more and more as time goes by).

Ridley-X4
27th August 2007, 7:10 PM
To make yuri ships. There's nothing better than that.

Miniduffa
27th August 2007, 8:38 PM
they are not polls about whether they hate eachother, they are polls on which one are the best.

Leona
27th August 2007, 8:43 PM
Obviously to show which one is the best. duh

mrdurp4
27th August 2007, 9:51 PM
because there stuck on their periods soo there allways ****** off

Kenpachi
27th August 2007, 11:59 PM
Cause its fun, and what other men are in their lives anyways?
*Imagines a 3-Way game of chicken.*
May: *Moans loud* Ooww you can't hit me in my chest.
Misty: why not your as flat as Mas
Dawn: Ash is mine *Slaps Misty's butt*
Heh heh I'm crazy.