PDA

View Full Version : A live action pokemon movie/ show

shayne182
23rd August 2007, 12:27 AM
Wouldn't it be great if they made a live action show. They could use like real songs for the opening themes. I was thinking Mia by avenged seven fold for the opening. That first part... My fighting rages on and on, to challenge me you must be strong! It just so fits there. Andfor a movie, imagine robin williams as prof. Oak! l.o.l. A good Lead character could be Haley Joel Osment. Any more ideas?;258;

None wants to hear you say it sucks, this thread is for people that want to talk about what they would do to make it a better movie for all. So don't post how itwould never work, because that's not true. We have the technology, and the capability. What I am saying is ASSUME we have the perfect writer/ director, what would you want them to put into the movie?

CharizardMaster
23rd August 2007, 12:31 AM
No, I can garentee it would ruin the franchise. Anime and games are not meant to become live action movies.

Sigh!
23rd August 2007, 12:38 AM
if cartoons aren't meant for live movies then ben ten is ruined

Supergamer229
23rd August 2007, 12:43 AM
intersting...yea ive thot bout that
how wud they do the pokemon comp animation?

Midnight Umbreon
23rd August 2007, 12:48 AM
NO.
Just no. Maybe if they did three dimensional animation but NEVER live-action. I can just image some retard with spiky hair walking around going, "HI, I'm Ash, a Pogaymon twainer."
XshudderX

OverlordPhoros
23rd August 2007, 12:51 AM
God no! Don't you remember the horror that was 'Pokemon Live!' (Was that what it was called right? You know that really nasty stage show they did) and how badly they changed the plot on it? *shivers* Besides animation rarely converts to live action well. Plus how would they get away with doing an attack like Thunderbolt? Some cheesy electric sound effect with a flash?

Rave
23rd August 2007, 1:55 AM
Asking for Pokemon to be made into a live action show is like asking to be dipped in oil and set on fire.

Anaya
23rd August 2007, 2:13 AM
It would definetly be ruined. End of story.

Geostomp
23rd August 2007, 3:24 AM
It just wouldn't transfer well.

The characters have such stylized looks that a live actor would look like they fell into a thrift store and wear wigs or plastic heads to match the hairstyles.

The biggest problem would be the pokemon themselves. They'd not only have to make each one completely CGI, but most attacks would have to be made too. It'd get so bad that they might as well make the whole thing complete CGI rather than about ten actors in front of a green screen.

A fully CG movie might work, but a live-action pokemon movie would be almost as bad as a live action DBZ movie.

Captain Brain
23rd August 2007, 5:34 AM
It could like Sailor Moon's live action only Pokemon. That is not a good idea because it woulds alienate the consumer because he/she grew up with the anime. It is to late start something like that even if it was a good idea. ;025;

thunderblade12
23rd August 2007, 10:01 AM
no, theyd get some stuck up skater looking kid that probably picks on kids for liking pokemon to play ash, hed be obnoxious and youd want to jump through the screen and punch him

Xashlei
23rd August 2007, 12:18 PM
How would they make the Pokemon?? Plus the actors might not even look closely as good as the originals.

Cassiel
23rd August 2007, 12:37 PM
I wonder what will a Magikarp be in that film. :P

superjolteon
23rd August 2007, 12:44 PM
This idea would be pretty terrible. CharizardMaster is right. "Anime and games are not meant to become live action movies". Apart from "Transformers" right?! But i think thats realistically possible as they're robots and strange random creatures such as pokemon don't really go hand in hand. There will be just too much 3D pokemon models and besides the whole thing would likely be VERY cheesy.

Prio
24th August 2007, 2:01 AM
It will happen eventually.

octoboy
24th August 2007, 2:12 AM
A pokemon television series would not work. The pokemon would take too long to animate to create a good running series.

However, a movie would be interesting to see. Though I would not like to see anything based on the pokemon anime. Ash would look very bizarre, and Jessie and James would look downright alien. I think I would prefer a pokemon enter the human world type movie. The transformers movie wasn't based on the anime (at least I don't think so), so it could work with pokemon.

God no! Don't you remember the horror that was 'Pokemon Live!' (Was that what it was called right? You know that really nasty stage show they did) and how badly they changed the plot on it?

Well, it obviously would suck as a stage show. I would guess the pokemon would have to be played by people in pokemon costumes, and the attacks would be rather cheap special effects. A movie, however, could have pokemon and attacks rendered in computer animation, which would be much more realistic. However, there is the problem of making them look too colosseum-y. Making pokemon fit a live action show would be hard. They couldn't fit in, were they to retain their anime style. However, after cruising around deviantart for a while, I do think they may be able to pull it off, as there are many people who have drawn realistic pokemon brilliantly.

Reign G
24th August 2007, 2:46 AM
Ya know, there actually WAS a stage show. And it sucked. Majorly.

No. A live-action movie does not usually work for animated shows. It worked wonders for Transformers, and I'm sure Ben 10 will be awesome, too. But Pokémon is not the kind of show that's good as live action.

shayne182
24th August 2007, 3:46 AM
I don't think so... It's when people don't put enough effort into them they become garbage. Look at battle Royale, or Deathe note. These are seriously good. Also, your all comparing it to old stuff. I'm talking about someone seriously redoing the show with a more adult view of it. Like the original manga. Don't stive to make the characters look exactly like their t.v. counter parts. Instead make new characters. With their own personalities. And why couldn't pokemon be like transformers in that sense? Look at Final Fantasy. We have the capability. I'll go you one better, look at the new smash bros. brawl pkmn trainer's pokemon. The fact is live action anime's are crap because people don't put enough effort into them. Pokemon' is a big enough franchise that they could provide the funds needed to make a seriously good movie. I was think a trilogy. The first four badges, the second four badges, and the league championships.

Geostomp
24th August 2007, 5:06 AM
I don't think so... It's when people don't put enough effort into them they become garbage. Look at battle Royale, or Deathe note. These are seriously good. Also, your all comparing it to old stuff. I'm talking about someone seriously redoing the show with a more adult view of it. Like the original manga. Don't stive to make the characters look exactly like their t.v. counter parts. Instead make new characters. With their own personalities. And why couldn't pokemon be like transformers in that sense? Look at Final Fantasy. We have the capability. I'll go you one better, look at the new smash bros. brawl pkmn trainer's pokemon. The fact is live action anime's are crap because people don't put enough effort into them. Pokemon' is a big enough franchise that they could provide the funds needed to make a seriously good movie. I was think a trilogy. The first four badges, the second four badges, and the league championships.

To make a movie, they'd need a plot to start on. To do so, they could take either the Badge winning plot from the games (but, that'd far too long for a two hour flick), they could base it off the show or a manga (that'd also take too long and have elements that don't transfer well), or they could just make up something like X Legend is taking over the world (only works because the regular movies already have something established).

Even if they decided to make things "more adult" where could they go? Most older people will be turned away by the name and younger children would be turned off by changes in or lack of their favorite characters. It worked for Transformers because they could make up whatever they felt like and had existed long enough to have a very wide fanbase along multiple age groups.

Pokemon just isn't the kind of thing that transfers to live action well.

Cobalt_Latios
24th August 2007, 7:24 AM
Ya know, there actually WAS a stage show. And it sucked. Majorly.
Heard of it, and didn't think too much of it. However, in Pokemon Heroes, the first song you hear at the end of it is actually the "you and me and Pokemon" from the musical.

What few of you are going to believe is that a live action version is possible, just a few 'tweaks' would have to be made. CG could be used for the Pokemon themselves. Although, read on IGN that some companies are considering making live action versions of some cartoon shows. Check it up, and be shocked at what you may discover.

~C_L~

thunderblade12
24th August 2007, 7:42 AM
i would seriously hope that this never happens, they would aiim it at children and make it all disneyish and preachy.

if they made it pg 13 it would be okay i guess...they can make the monsters 3D and have a major villin like mewtwo

Charlord
24th August 2007, 10:14 PM
worst idea ever! end of story.

morefirepokemon
24th August 2007, 10:18 PM
even with the cgi advances weve got a live action movie would destroy the entire pokemon world, its anime and needs to stay that way

octoboy
24th August 2007, 10:18 PM
i would seriously hope that this never happens, they would aiim it at children and make it all disneyish and preachy.

if they made it pg 13 it would be okay i guess...they can make the monsters 3D and have a major villin like mewtwo

I agree to that. If it retained the cheezy "this is wrong, we must stop this" anime theme, it would suck. I would prefer them to just use the pokemon, and not bring the anime characters into it (unless it's like a very small reference.

Leona
24th August 2007, 10:20 PM
action one would be cool, even a real life pokemon movie lol (big imagination) :O

thunderblade12
25th August 2007, 8:00 AM
they were speaking of a live action dragonballz movie by fox a few years back, it never happend and neither will this.

actuallyt dragonball would have more of a chance..even naruto would

Satoshi
25th August 2007, 8:42 AM
lol Pokemon tokusatsu. :p

It'd be amusing if they turned it into a JDrama.

Sir Devious
26th August 2007, 7:29 AM
Oh dear lord. No, just... NO!

Pokemon is cool and all but... Jesus are you KIDDING me?!

Cackles
26th August 2007, 7:43 AM
It wouldn't make sense to have 10+ animated movies and then suddenly a live-action one. Besides, live-action movies are only good if they have talking animals or animals that are main characters. And I mean Pokemon isn't really the same thing.

Shikamaru
26th August 2007, 7:46 AM
NO.
Just no. Maybe if they did three dimensional animation but NEVER live-action. I can just image some retard with spiky hair walking around going, "HI, I'm Ash, a Pogaymon twainer."
XshudderX

Pokemon Live was a flop already. God don't relive it. X_X

But a pokemon Live action would make the series unplayable. Most people thought the anime was kiddish and lame enough but that is seriously walking on the thinnest ice possible. o.o

Alzatia
26th August 2007, 10:10 AM
I think its possible for a live action movie to be done...only if its done by people willing to put alot of work into it and stay as true to the original concept yet make it as realistic as possible like what Transformers did. And when ppl say live action pokemon movie they all just come to the idea its gonna the anime made into a movie. -_-' Seriously thatd be stupid basing it on the Pokemon Anime. If they do make one they and want to use one of the canon encarnations of the Pokemon Universe then Id say go with Pokemon Special as part of the source material not entirely the anime. Another thing ppl think will make a live action movie is how with the pokemon tranceed from the games/manga/anime into realistic looking creatures? Well Ive seen ALOT of realistic looking pokemon art out there that looks very belivable and awesome so I don't see that as a problem. =/ Like said,in order for this to work you just need the right people. We don't want Godzilla 98 Pt.2 do we? >_>

TeddiUrsa
26th August 2007, 4:25 PM
Wouldn't it be great if they made a live action show.

No, it wouldn´t.

THE END

Seriously, it would be the most cheesy and laughable movie ever.
What´s next? "Super Mario Brothers - The SECOND movie"?

shayne182
27th August 2007, 3:21 AM
Well think about it. Transformers worked so well because of the old school fans who still loved it. Btw... That's us. And the new kids who like it because it's cool. Think about it. we have the same elements here. If not the game wouldn't be making sequals. Oh and I think it should be covered in a trilogy. The first four badges... the second four badges... and the lead character becoming the league champ. Then the ending should end with his son starting out on his journey. So the entire thing comes full circle like it does in the games. The old pave the future for the young.

shayne182
27th August 2007, 3:25 AM
they were speaking of a live action dragonballz movie by fox a few years back, it never happend and neither will this.

actuallyt dragonball would have more of a chance..even naruto would

They Already made it a live action movie. They didn't have nearly the movie making ability they have now and so it sucked. But lets face it. Making a man have computerized hair would be wack. But Monsters are way easier to wrap your mind around.

Dattebayo
27th August 2007, 3:35 AM
A live action Pokemon show is a great idea. It might increased the franchise's popularity just like the other movies based on video games.

SBaby
27th August 2007, 9:10 AM
Alright. Since there are so many 'no' comments and most of them basically are saying the same thing, I only picked a few to respond to. This'll be in the order they're listed in the topic.

No, I can garentee it would ruin the franchise. Anime and games are not meant to become live action movies.

Maybe, but maybe not. I could see Tokusatsu (the company that makes the Sentai series') making a live action Pokemon series and making it work. Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon worked as a live-action series, and they changed several of the elements around to make it work better (like the senshi all having black hair when they're not transformed). I don't know if Toku made that one or not, but whatever, it worked.

NO.
XshudderX

It could probably be a mix of 3-D with live-action animatronics (again, PGSM comes to mind). The characters likely wouldn't have spiky hair at all, even if they were using the same characters from the Anime. I just couldn't see live-action spiky-haired kids running around all over town.

God no! Don't you remember the horror that was 'Pokemon Live!' (Was that what it was called right? You know that really nasty stage show they did) and how badly they changed the plot on it? *shivers* Besides animation rarely converts to live action well. Plus how would they get away with doing an attack like Thunderbolt? Some cheesy electric sound effect with a flash?

Pokemon Live has nothing to do with this. But if Toku or one of those Ban Dai companies made the show, the attacks would work. Granted, it'd look different than you're probably used to, but it can still be done. If they made a live-action Pokemon series, I could foresee lots of sparks being involved in the battles.

Overall, I'm sure most of you know what I'm getting at by now. If Pokemon were to have a live-action spin off (because there's no WAY it would mirror the series), it would likely be something similar to a Sentai-style show, but without characters transforming (outside of Pokemon Evolutions). There would be CG for the major animations (Pokemon walking around and things like that), but animatronics for the minor animations (head movements and all).

Story-wise, who knows? But we'd probably still have the same concept, but in an alternate universe version (like PGSM). Of course, if Toku makes it, we'd probably also end up getting a real villain aside from Team Rocket that's actually a THREAT. So that might be a nice thing.

The battles would have very Sentai-like effects, including CG attacks, special effects, and lots of sparks and explosions. And spiky hair for the characters is just out of the question. It would simply look weird on a live-action cast, especially if they use a town or city full of people. But I'm telling you, it can work, and I have a funny feeling that they might end up doing something like this.

The first time I ever saw a topic speculating about what a live-action Pokemon series would be like, I laughed my rear off at the idea. I just thought there was no way it would ever work. And I completely shot it down. I kept that opinion for a long time, until I saw PGSM. Then my whole perspective changed when I said to myself, 'You know, if they pulled this kind of thing off, maybe they could do it with Pokemon.'. And it's a big 'maybe', but the possibility is still there. After all, nobody thought PGSM would be successful, and it ended up being 49 episodes of success, spawning a special, a movie and even a live concert. So do I think it can be done? Well, yeah. It can. But it has to be done right.

Gigaguy373
27th August 2007, 9:34 AM
instead of live action it should be done the same way as final fantasy 7 advent children was done then it would be close enough to live action but still have that anime aspect

shayne182
27th August 2007, 2:02 PM

I think the bad guy should be a human antagonist. And as for the more mature take... nintendo has already begun that kind of transformation. In the original mewtwo returns, Mewtwo actually contemplates god. And his own existance. And in the anime' there are several episodes deleted for american sensoreship. Poke'mon already gives us big topic issues. For instance Racism. The clones versus the originals. Even in the games. I mean honestly, who DIDN'T want to punch the team galaxy leader in the throat after all the Magikarp he killed for his own selfish goal. It's there. They game already connects with it's audience on an emotional level. All you have to do is get a director to do it on the big screen. Which, ladies and gentlemen, is a lot less sensored, if at all.

I'm not saying Have cussing and gore, I just want a good story, like the games. Remeber cubones mother being killed? Pokemon isn't as childish as some of you would like it to be. I think a GOOD live action movie would fill old fan's pallets, and bring new fans to the table.;464;

Ridley-X4
27th August 2007, 7:01 PM
The anime is already more than enough marketing for the games.

Satoshi
27th August 2007, 11:58 PM
I could see Tokusatsu (the company that makes the Sentai series')
TOEI makes the Super Sentai series. Tokusatsu is just a genre of live action.

SudovVoOdO
28th August 2007, 12:08 AM
If they have some very good technology, but I doubt that it'll be any good. U can also ask the question: "A live action DBZ movie"

charizard is a g
28th August 2007, 12:43 AM
i think is a great idea i would pay alot to watch a live action pokemon movie and how can yall say you are pokemon fans if you don't want a live action movie

Alzatia
28th August 2007, 10:20 PM
Well think about it. Transformers worked so well because of the old school fans who still loved it. Btw... That's us. And the new kids who like it because it's cool. Think about it. we have the same elements here. If not the game wouldn't be making sequals. Oh and I think it should be covered in a trilogy. The first four badges... the second four badges... and the lead character becoming the league champ. Then the ending should end with his son starting out on his journey. So the entire thing comes full circle like it does in the games. The old pave the future for the young.

Making a movie based on someone's actual journey would be pretty boring if you ask me....Ash doesn't go around collecting Badges in the movies,and you don't see the best plots of Special basing solely on the whole collecting the badges thing either. =/ I'd say bring out some threatning situation in wich the protagonist(s) and their pokemon are caught in...another thing that would be great if they did was to develop the indivual pokemon's personalities...thats the only thing that dissapointed me about transformers...they didn't dig much into the bots personalities. =(

A live action Pokemon show is a great idea. It might increased the franchise's popularity just like the other movies based on video games.

Making a movie is acceptable...but a show? The budgets into making Tv shows ain't the same as movies,the pokemon would look so bad it'd look pathetic. o_O And Pokemon gone sentai-ish would be weird....sentai's graphics arent that good (not that sentai/power rangers is bad,Ive enjoyed a few series myself) but I dont think it'd fit well with pokemon. <.<

i think is a great idea i would pay alot to watch a live action pokemon movie and how can yall say you are pokemon fans if you don't want a live action movie

Because we don't want our loved franchise butchered on the big screen? Again...Godzilla 98. -_-' That movie was cool but the monster lacked the spirit that makes Gojira deserve the title of King of Monsters. >_> And it was made by guys who knew sh!t of the original concept. >_<

jirachi_obsessor
30th August 2007, 1:21 PM
Well imagine it done by the people who made Eragon, with those graphics. Could you imagine Salamence or Charizard flying in the sky and then drop down breathing fire? That would be awesome! BTW, I think Brad Pitt might make a good Lt. Serge!

GreatLiver
30th August 2007, 4:47 PM
It would really be bad, anything that's a cartoon made into live action is crap for the most part. Even something like 3d animation would suck. The whole Digimon X ruined the series for me for a good few months.

~-Overheat-~
30th August 2007, 5:03 PM
It would maybe be cool but....just...no

It would ruin everything and how the HELL would they make some random guy look like Ash...It might be interesting but it might just turn out to be a COMPLETE failure.........

OverlordPhoros
30th August 2007, 5:12 PM
i think is a great idea i would pay alot to watch a live action pokemon movie and how can yall say you are pokemon fans if you don't want a live action movieCos we know if they tried it again they'd still get it horribly wrong... Besides theres enough movie remakes being churned out you can go see in the coming year if you really want to see something that's been done before.

AshfanGirl20
30th August 2007, 8:00 PM
Live action, heck no. Pokemon just isn't a show that should be made into live action, it just wouldn't work.

shayne182
31st August 2007, 4:29 AM
Why? Why wouldn't it work? For god's sake you idiots.... you keep comparing it to other crap. This thread is about if they made it, how would it be. It isn't freaking smoke and mirrors, this can be done! Stop saying how it would be crap. Of course it COULD be crap. But if you could make it YOUR WAY. What would you add. And Duh! You would need more than JUST the badges. But I would have it focus on other things to. LIKE THE FREAKIN' GAMES! GOD ALMIGHTY. WHAT MAKES SOMEONE BE SUCH A FREAKIN" DUECH BAG! THIS SITE IS FULL OF NAESAYERS. I didn't ask how you think it would suck. I don't care. The fact is it could be made. WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO MAKE IT BETTER... JESUS! I don't care if this offends.Kick me off! I'm done trying to defend this from idiots. If you don't like this idea, don't post. Go make a live action pokemon bashing thread instead.

charizard is a g
31st August 2007, 5:29 AM
shane you are spaming your own thread but you are all idiots though a live action movie would be awsome so yall are WACK!!!!!!!!

Gold10
31st August 2007, 6:12 AM
never will there be live action pokemon show or movie, if they do, pokemon officially became gay...im sorry...live action never works well on anime unless ur transformers

jirachi_obsessor
31st August 2007, 1:37 PM
the show wouldn't have to revolve around Ash first of all, and second if it worked well with transformers what makes you think it wouldn't work with Pokemon. You all WANT it to suck so you keep stating it will without giving reasons, not that it matters, because we need to get back on topic. I was thinking maybe in the Water Gym Misty should be retired and her son take over, or something like that.

shayne182
31st August 2007, 1:54 PM
never will there be live action pokemon show or movie, if they do, pokemon officially became gay...im sorry...live action never works well on anime unless ur transformers

WHY? Your are the type of people I was addressing. Are you saying it wouldn't work because of the technology? What, is Transformers magical. Where is your reasoning? You state it wouldn't work. Nothing more. Are you an idiot? Yes they can make the movie. yes it could work. And yes, though you'd like to think otherwise, it could be good. NOONE HAS POSTED A VALUABLE REASON AS TO WHY IT WOULD SUCK. Stop writing ignorant statments with no reasoning behind it. It's nopt smoke and Mirrors people this CAN be done. WE are saying if they did it, again (for all the morons out there), what would you have done. Don't post statments about your oppinion, because the fact of the matter is it could be done.

octoboy
1st September 2007, 4:34 AM
Making a movie based on someone's actual journey would be pretty boring if you ask me....Ash doesn't go around collecting Badges in the movies,and you don't see the best plots of Special basing solely on the whole collecting the badges thing either. =/ I'd say bring out some threatning situation in wich the protagonist(s) and their pokemon are caught in...another thing that would be great if they did was to develop the indivual pokemon's personalities...thats the only thing that dissapointed me about transformers...they didn't dig much into the bots personalities. =(
Agreed. No making a movie just based on badges. But I must say... I don't like the trend the anime-based movies have gotten into. It always focuses on a legendary, who is always having some problems caused by some greedy person and Ash always saves the day and plays mr. chosen one. I really hope that isn't what the anime movies always are. What I'd like to see is a pokemon-come-to-our-world scenario. The pokemon could wreak havoc over all the world. I just want to see elekid get stuck in an outlet and cause a blackout XD

Developing personalities... Well, as much as I would like to see the show centre around the pokemon, instead of the humans (seriously, I think they should change the name of the show to "pokemon trainers" as that's what it seems the show is truly about), I would think the only way to do that is to use characters we've already seen, which would mean using anime characters, which as I've stated before, would not really work out.

Making a movie is acceptable...but a show? The budgets into making TV shows ain't the same as movies,the pokemon would look so bad it'd look pathetic. o_O And Pokemon gone sentai-ish would be weird....sentai's graphics arent that good (not that sentai/power rangers is bad,Ive enjoyed a few series myself) but I dont think it'd fit well with pokemon. <.< Also agreed. Pokemon would be way too hard to render to make a continuing series. Name one running television series which has hundreds of realistic CGI characters, then I'll change my mind.

And Shayne, you're only making yourself look bad by freaking out.

shayne182
1st September 2007, 7:07 AM
Agreed. No making a movie just based on badges. But I must say... I don't like the trend the anime-based movies have gotten into. It always focuses on a legendary, who is always having some problems caused by some greedy person and Ash always saves the day and plays mr. chosen one. I really hope that isn't what the anime movies always are. What I'd like to see is a pokemon-come-to-our-world scenario. The pokemon could wreak havoc over all the world. I just want to see elekid get stuck in an outlet and cause a blackout XD

Developing personalities... Well, as much as I would like to see the show centre around the pokemon, instead of the humans (seriously, I think they should change the name of the show to "pokemon trainers" as that's what it seems the show is truly about), I would think the only way to do that is to use characters we've already seen, which would mean using anime characters, which as I've stated before, would not really work out.

Also agreed. Pokemon would be way too hard to render to make a continuing series. Name one running television series which has hundreds of realistic CGI characters, then I'll change my mind.

And Shayne, you're only making yourself look bad by freaking out.

This is a well thought out reply. Finally. Btw, the only reason I freaked is because of all the bashing. And guess what, read the posts above, people agree with me. You just played yourself. I'm sorry dude it had to be said. Bring up an intellegent arguement.

Back to topic... I think The first movie should set up the next two like the lord of the rings. Maybe the main character is given the silver wing. And sets it up to where he eventually gets lugia.

octoboy
1st September 2007, 7:38 AM
You just played yourself. I'm sorry dude it had to be said. Bring up an intellegent arguement.

Are you talking to me? I don't know what you meant by that.

I do agree that people should keep a more open mind about this kind of thing (and especially compare it to good movies with computer animated mythical beasts instead of pokemon stage preformances which set themselves up for disaster). I for one would love to see a live action pokemon. Just as long as it's not too much like the anime movies (none of this dumb legendary-on-rampage-must-stop-it jazz) and has good animation.

But you still shouldn't yell at people (and you definitely shouldn't start swearing) because all you'll do is embarass yourself.

Alzatia
1st September 2007, 6:11 PM
People saying a live action pokemon movie would be retarted are just ignorant..Star Wars,Jurassic Park and Transformers have open the doors to a live action Pokemon movie to be possible. =/ Believe me..it CAN work out,like I said before you just need the write people,people that aren't going to stray to far away from the source material and stay as true as possible to the original concept yet make it realistic. The way I see it the best source material that can be used are the Special Manga and Ono Manga,and a few concepts from the anime. Special is more believable then the anime and stays as true as possible to the games. Ono's Manga tries to be more realistic and introduces us to a more technologically advanced Pokemon Wolrd wich is pretty logical considering all the high tech pokemon gear used in-game,plus he made his pokemon look realistic. As to the plot...Iono bring out one of the evil organizations and start causing trouble,protagonist(s) get(s) involved somehow ect. or w/e. I'll say it again...this is possible..but you need the right ppl..and Ive mentioned this a million times but the reason Godzilla 98 flunk was because the stupid guys in charge weren't to fond of the original concept and care more for quantity then quality. =/

jirachi_obsessor
1st September 2007, 7:40 PM
I'm sick of the bashingnto,oShayne is right, you need to either bring up an intelligent arguement or get on topic. Preferably the second of the two. Also, not that I condne it, but sometimes cussing gets ppls attention better than anything else. Which is obvious true since octoboy acctually brought up an intelingent, thorough reason instead of just this will suck. ;385;

charizardpal
2nd September 2007, 8:13 AM
Live action movies almost always suck, especially ones based on shonen kids series. Good thing Kids WB wasn't stupid enough to make a live-action pokemon show. (*remembers power rangers*)

Leona
2nd September 2007, 12:08 PM
lol guns in Pokemon.

charizard is a g
9th September 2007, 10:43 PM
i still think that this is a good idea and the main character should get a ho-oh not a lugia ho-oh could anialate lugia

Charaligatr
9th September 2007, 11:05 PM
I've dreamt of somthing like that in a nightmare.

Most stuff that was animated then went to live action sucked. Street fighter, Mortal kombat, Super Mario the list goes on.

Whilst some stuff can be good, pokemon would not. Because it would look stupid to have a live character talking to a cgi pikachu. Or even worse, a small child dressed in a costume.

In short, pokemon should stay off the live action. Or many new nightmares will happen

octoboy
10th September 2007, 4:21 PM
Whilst some stuff can be good, pokemon would not. Because it would look stupid to have a live character talking to a cgi pikachu. Or even worse, a small child dressed in a costume.

I highly doubt any straight thinking movie writer would have a character simply as a guy in a costume. Maybe a puppet (and movies have had some pretty realistic puppets), but no having a kid in a pikachu suit.

Of course Mario wouldn't work for live action, because the characters are way too cartoony to be made into good live action characters. And no stunt double could do the things Mario does.

Charaligatr
10th September 2007, 5:15 PM
You obviosuly never seen Super Mario Bros the movie. I envy you. If I could go back in time and stop myself watching it I would.

And of course no serious writer would employ a small child to be dressed as a yellow rodent. Then again a serious writer probably wouldn't do a live action pokemon film.

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, I just think that IMO it would seem too cheesy and forced. Its really hard to take a game or cartoon that kids love and turn it into live action.

Transformers worked but look at Street Fighter. I love the games but the extremly naff film ruined the memory of it. I just wouldn't like to see Pokemon go the same way and become a laughing stock.

Of course, if it does ever get made, and it is well done and they manage to make it look convincing, then I will gladly eat humble pie. But until then, I stand by my opinion.

Gentleman Skeleton
10th September 2007, 6:25 PM
Shhhhhhhh! Don't give Hollywood any ideas! The last thing I want to see in the next 5 years is a live action Pokemon movie!

Prio
10th September 2007, 6:32 PM
i still think that this is a good idea and the main character should get a ho-oh not a lugia ho-oh could anialate lugia

Emphases on could.

charizard is a g
10th September 2007, 11:17 PM
ho-oh is way better than lugia but staying on topic so i don't get reported why are people comparing it to other things that didn't work it all depends on the technology how far was tech when strret fight er and mario came out

jirachi_obsessor
11th September 2007, 10:56 PM
he kind of has a point, if street fighter and mario had better tech., maybe it wouldn't have sucked!

charizard is a g
11th September 2007, 11:01 PM
thank you jirachi

RedJirachi
11th September 2007, 11:14 PM
I believe there was one...Pokemon Live.Other than that,there should be no Live Anime stuff!

jirachi_obsessor
11th September 2007, 11:14 PM
welcome "fireball" lol inside joke

charizard is a g
11th September 2007, 11:23 PM
not funny and jirachi i am reporting you this has nothing to do with this tread pokemon live was not a live action movie

Blaziryu
12th September 2007, 4:44 AM
No, they should create a live-action anything of Pokemon. It would be really weird.

octoboy
12th September 2007, 4:28 PM
Another generalization which bugs me is the fact that people think it has to be based on the anime. I could see how that wouldn't work. However, a live action movie which centers around pokemon, but doesn't feature the anime characters might work. Sure, some monsters may be tough to adapt to the big screen, but it wouldn't be that bad. We've seen tons of movies with computer animated mythical beasts, why are these so offputting?

And also, don't think of pokemon live. It was a cheap stageshow, which the movie would not be.

jirachi_obsessor
12th September 2007, 10:34 PM
exactly, right on octoboy

KojiroJames2006
13th September 2007, 5:44 PM
I have done "fantasy casting" games with a live-action movie. But this would be in about twenty years from now.

PixieMaster
15th September 2007, 1:45 AM
It just wouldnt be right.Not at all. Perhapes computer animated...no still not right.
Its purpose was to be an anime/cartoon. And it`ll be done for if it turns like that.

charizard is a g
15th September 2007, 2:10 AM
do you have any proff that it would be done for and do not compare it to other things and we will only know if it is good if it is tried

octoboy
15th September 2007, 3:29 AM
I think he's assuming a live action series would replace the anime. I believe a live action series wouldn't work. It would take too much work to produce the episodes, causing the rating to be extremely slow. Either that or it would be really cheap and bad.

A movie wouldn't have the problem of productions being shown soon after the other, so it could be good, as most movies take a couple years or so to be made.

charizard is a g
15th September 2007, 3:33 AM
i love how you are like one of five people who support this thread the maker got mad and left because noone beside me and jirachi_obsessor liked it and that is likely of what he is thinking

octoboy
15th September 2007, 4:01 AM
Well, I haven't seen Pokemon Live, so maybe those who have are a little scarred by the experience?

I would agree that a live action movie based on the anime would be a little awkward.

cryotem
15th September 2007, 4:05 AM
they can pull off this live action pokemon movie/show with using cheap special effects. I doubt that this will be PERFORMED live. Probably ganna be recorded. Ide be off my computer chair if I heard about a real live action movie/show.

octoboy
15th September 2007, 4:10 AM
In horror or delight?

I do believe a live preformance wouldn't work at all. It would have to be really cheap in effects.

Which is why a live performance got people off the idea of live action pokemon completely.

charizard is a g
15th September 2007, 4:19 AM
hopefully in delight cause a live action movie would be awsome

Rex Kamex
15th September 2007, 5:00 AM
I just know that people here would criticize the live action actors for Misty, May, and Dawn, for not being "pretty enough"...

charizard is a g
15th September 2007, 5:05 AM
well as long as misty is the prettiest it will all be ok

Tbone2356
15th September 2007, 5:07 AM
It could be a good idea if they made a Real Life Pokemon movie. It'd only be good if they handled it well, like this:
-Following Transformers, it'd have to be released when the sereis is basically caput and people can only really remember the theme song.
-It would need brand NEW characters or all the characters from the game.
-It shouldn't be aimed towards little kiddies, It should be a PG-13 movie, with comedy, romance, action and adventure.
-Team rocket (not the trio) or some other evil organization should have guns and stuff and instead of "taking over the world" they should be more like terrorists.
-Pokemon should be CGI, but graphically spectaculare in a way that you can't really tell if they are real or not. (By the time the Pokemon Fad ends, their will probably be enough technology to make life-like models).
-Comedy, sex jokes, parodies.. All that crap that makes movies funny.

All of those things would make for a great Pokemon Movie.

But a live-action TV show, I couldn't see working. First of all.. If Japan released it, it would be kind of hard and stupid too dub. And even if American made it alone, it'd still be stupid. Cause it would have to be aimed towards kids, because I doubt any adult would want to watch it. It would take WAY too long to release new episodes, due to the difficulty of having 'good' CGI models. AND We don't need any more Pokemon series!

charizard is a g
15th September 2007, 5:20 AM
we aren't talking about a tv series this is about a movie

Rex Kamex
15th September 2007, 5:28 AM
we aren't talking about a tv series this is about a movie

The title thread says movie or tv show.

charizard is a g
15th September 2007, 5:40 AM
well i know the guy who made the forum so he messed up he only wants a movie so sorry my fault

jirachi_obsessor
15th September 2007, 6:27 AM
BTW, charizard is right, shayne182 left b/c he was sick of everyone

octoboy
15th September 2007, 5:15 PM
It could be a good idea if they made a Real Life Pokemon movie. It'd only be good if they handled it well, like this:
-Following Transformers, it'd have to be released when the sereis is basically caput and people can only really remember the theme song. Well, that would make it quite a while away. The anime doesn't seem ready to back down for a long time. People, if you want to see the movies, get out your time machines now.

-It would need brand NEW characters or all the characters from the game. I don't know about everyone from the game, but all new characters would be a good thing. Ya know in case they want to be original and don't want to have original characters to follow.

-It shouldn't be aimed towards little kiddies, It should be a PG-13 movie, with comedy, romance, action and adventure. Agreed. A live action pokemon movie should definitely not be for little kids. Though I've heard that the American version is aimed towards even younger audiences than the Japanese, maybe it's just same age, different culture (those Americans and their overprotectiveness!)

-Team rocket (not the trio) or some other evil organization should have guns and stuff and instead of "taking over the world" they should be more like terrorists. Noooo!!! No guns in pokemon! No way! It was always meant to be without obscene violence, so no guns. Plus, what's the reason for owning a pokemon if you can just pierce someone's skull with a bullet?

-Pokemon should be CGI, but graphically spectaculare in a way that you can't really tell if they are real or not. (By the time the Pokemon Fad ends, their will probably be enough technology to make life-like models). also agreed. Although some pokemon can be done as puppets or robots. I can imagine a togepi done like twentysix from Dinotopia.

-Comedy, sex jokes, parodies.. All that crap that makes movies funny. Well yeah, but no sex in pokemon. It's not about that. You know why Ash has never liked a girl? Maybe very mild, but no boosting the rating above PG. [/QUOTE]

Now one thing I thought of... Should the anime characters be centered on in this live action movie, then how old would they be? May is supposedly ten years old, but sure doesn't look it. Most actors are older than their characters, but how old would they be portrayed? And would Jessie and James be played as teens or adults?

SailorPika
15th September 2007, 5:32 PM
Didn't they already have "Poke'mon Sunday"? That was a live-action Poke'mon show in Japan that was hosted by people dressed in Poke'mon costumes :lol:.

MinunTheFighter34
15th September 2007, 5:35 PM
It will happen eventually.

It always does.

~-Overheat-~
15th September 2007, 5:38 PM
-Following Transformers, it'd have to be released when the sereis is basically caput and people can only really remember the theme song.
-It would need brand NEW characters or all the characters from the game.
-It shouldn't be aimed towards little kiddies, It should be a PG-13 movie, with comedy, romance, action and adventure.
-Team rocket (not the trio) or some other evil organization should have guns and stuff and instead of "taking over the world" they should be more like terrorists.
-Pokemon should be CGI, but graphically spectaculare in a way that you can't really tell if they are real or not. (By the time the Pokemon Fad ends, their will probably be enough technology to make life-like models).

All of those things would make for a great Pokemon Movie.

But a live-action TV show, I couldn't see working. First of all.. If Japan released it, it would be kind of hard and stupid too dub. And even if American made it alone, it'd still be stupid. Cause it would have to be aimed towards kids, because I doubt any adult would want to watch it. It would take WAY too long to release new episodes, due to the difficulty of having 'good' CGI models. AND We don't need any more Pokemon series!

That'll be cool, but there's gonna more kiddy fans than above 13 fans.....

octoboy
16th September 2007, 4:33 AM
^ well yes, yet here we are.

Though I do agree that making it very mature would be a bad thing. Younger fans of pokemon would want to see the movies, so no making them R rated.

I also wonder if pokemon would put off older viewers. It has a very childish reputation, especially in America with all the cencoring, so wracking up the dough may be difficult. Did the transformers movie draw the same crowd as the original television show did?

Tbone2356
16th September 2007, 4:48 AM
Though I do agree that making it very mature would be a bad thing. Younger fans of pokemon would want to see the movies, so no making them R rated.

Actually, if the movie was made AFTER the Pokemon fad is long over.. What little kiddy is going to be a die-hard fan? Cause after Pokemon ends, most little kids growing up wont be exposed to it anymore, thus they will not be fans. BUT for the people who grew up with it/were fans since the series started, will be at a mature enough age to see a PG-13 Pokemon movie and actually prefer too see one over a G-rated movie.

Say Pokemon ends tommorow and 10 years from now they release a live action Pokemon movie. The new generation of kids wont have a clue what pokemon is since they werent exposed to it, while all the other fans will be old enough to want something like this.

*Also, I never said to make it R rated and I only wanted it to be PG-13 so they can implement a few mature themes.

charizard is a g
16th September 2007, 4:14 PM
i would like it to be a little mature but kids still need to be able to watch it because parents will want their kids to see what they watched when they were kids like all parents do

octoboy
17th September 2007, 2:03 AM
*Also, I never said to make it R rated and I only wanted it to be PG-13 so they can implement a few mature themes.

Can you explain some of these "mature themes" you want implemented? I hope you don't mean more mature violence, because the creator of pokemon said that he specifically did not want pokemon to be that.

So no guns (why use pokemon if you've got an instant killing machine?). I don't know what you've got in mind, but I'd certainly like to hear it.

Neko Godot
17th September 2007, 2:19 AM
They should make a live action Pokemon movie where Misty, May, and Dawn struggle with their true feeling for each other.

Tbone2356
17th September 2007, 2:38 AM
Can you explain some of these "mature themes" you want implemented? I hope you don't mean more mature violence, because the creator of pokemon said that he specifically did not want pokemon to be that.

I basically mean comdeic stuff and maybe a little romance. Things along the lines of "Epic Movie" and "Transformers". But that's just my opinion.

And in terms of violence.. Just implement some Hunter J equipment and some Early Team Rocket gear and that will be enough. When and If I said violence I didn't mean anything like "The Terminator" or "Shoot 'em Up". Lol.

jirachi_obsessor
17th September 2007, 10:49 PM
I’ve got a couple of things to say.
-
They already have sexual innuendo in pokemon.
EXAMPLES James quote: It didn't seem right to take it from behind.
Professor Oak quote: We have to get May's pokeballs into the right hands.
I don't know about you but those sound very sexual to me.
- Also, it should have humor kinda like Shrek. He gets hit in the nuts by donkey, and the little kids laugh. We laugh because Shrek says, "No, you got them," when Donkey asks, "Did I miss?
- Guns, NO WAY that would be a stupid idea as octoboy pointed out.
- Violence might should be hiked up a little more. In the original Pokemon Manga, Pokemon were KILLED them didn't FAINT like they do in the series, at least they only faint in the English Version, and they acctually had to ring them back to life.

octoboy
18th September 2007, 3:55 AM
EXAMPLES James quote: It didn't seem right to take it from behind.
Professor Oak quote: We have to get May's pokeballs into the right hands.

That's only "sexual" because pokemon's fandom is too full of perverts.

Yeah, some mildly wrong jokes would be fine, but I don't think pokemon should die. Pokemon weren't meant to die. Just read any interviews with Satoshi Tajiri.

jirachi_obsessor
18th September 2007, 4:03 AM
maybe, i guess im one of those ppl lol

lucario36
28th September 2007, 8:34 AM
The script writers will probably aim it at kids and make it all cheesey like
"oh, Ash, pikachu seems ill"
"OMG, you're right dawn..pikachu are you ok"??
"PIG. A. PEE"
"its ALL team rockets fault...they're so mean and evil"
(ash's mum steps in from no where) ASH, watch your mouth..you shouldnt say bad things about people like that..but you should always remember to change your underpants" :)
"mum you're embarrassing me"...(yeah right!...he does a good job of embarrassin himself :S)
and it will probably end with some pokemon being your best friends crap :/
so NO! ;)

KartWheelyGirl
29th September 2007, 1:55 AM
If Nintendo were to have a live action Pokemon movie:
1. The costumes would have to look realistic like in the Spider-man movies or DareDevil.
2. They should NOT look fake like the costumes in the Scooby Doo movies.
3. Kenny Ortega should be director of it. (The guy who directed HSM movies and Cheetah Girls 2)

charizard is a g
29th September 2007, 8:42 PM
ok not to be mean but the hsm director beoing the firector is a stuoid idea and the director should be the one from transformers

octoboy
29th September 2007, 8:53 PM
If Nintendo were to have a live action Pokemon movie:
1. The costumes would have to look realistic like in the Spider-man movies or DareDevil.
2. They should NOT look fake like the costumes in the Scooby Doo movies.
3. Kenny Ortega should be director of it. (The guy who directed HSM movies and Cheetah Girls 2)

Cheetah girls? Are you joking? Come on! That's the furthest kind of thing we want. Pokemon is the opposite of girly, so if it was made like Cheetah Girls of all things, it would never be taken seriously.

charizard is a g
19th October 2007, 12:59 AM
ok this forum is kind of dead now so i am doing this to get people to hopefully see it and to state that i think that it shoulod be like a trilogoy or a 6ogy that would make it really cool

Shadow Lucario
19th October 2007, 4:39 AM
If it didn't look all cheesy and you could tell that their hair is fake then I'll consider it

charizard is a g
19th October 2007, 4:42 AM
we have all the stuff to make there hair look real or another concept their hair could actually be real there is no way it could look fake then

Ridley-X4
19th October 2007, 11:46 PM
"Epic Movie"

OH YOU JUST DID NOT GO THERE. Srsly, that movie sucked.

Pokemon is a kid's game. Kid's game gets you kid's anime. It's nothing more. It was dubbed by FAILkids. And we all know about the "shadow realm". Pokemon is about a boy trying to become friends with an electric mouse. Ash beats TR every time. It's all HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY with gumdrop smiles and rainbows and sprinkles.

Megatron turns into a gun. TF is about a war. Characters acutally DIE. Ash in the first movie was resurrected from a statue by GIRLY TEARS (read: plot armor). The universe is at stake in TF. Pokemon has nothing. Just a medicore run of the mill, generic bad guy organization that's nothing more than Pikachu's punching bag. They never win. And when it seems like they're winning, they lose again.

How deep can you get with Pokemon? It's just about friendship. Nobody wants to watch a LA movie about friendship and electric mice. They want wars, fights! Guys also love cars, and robots only made it better, which is why TFs is better than Pokemon as a LA movie.

Thank you all for proving once again that Pokemon fandom is the bane of all fandoms.

EDIT: And even if they made up some deep plot, it still would tank. See: FF: Advent Children.

charizard is a g
20th October 2007, 4:29 PM
this movie would not be like the anime movies at all
and it would be a while before the movie came out and kids who liked pokemon would be interested to go see it and if they have children they would bring them to it and then pokemon would come back in style and the movie would have sexual induendo like it always has

jirachi_obsessor
20th October 2007, 6:03 PM
i don't wanna hear that! FF Advent Children rocked! (At least if you have it in Japaneese) not that it matters, you have NO since of what a good movie is!

DarkLegend
21st October 2007, 8:36 AM
Pokemon should only be made into a live action movie if the show itself gains a darker tone. I could very well see a live action Mewtwo Strikes Back that is actually about a war between a gun wielding Team Rocket and a mad as hell Mewtwo with Ash and his friends stuck in between....

EDIT:

I just had a thought, if the movie was actually made, then what would the pokemon look like. They will use CGI but will they do what they did with the Hulk in the Ang Lee movie and make them look pseudo-real or will they go all the way and give us very realistic but scary looking pokemon.... I can imagine scyther.... a 6 foot tall mantis with razors for arms staring at you through the darkness while making weird clicking sounds..........

Mooseman5775
21st October 2007, 3:02 PM
It could be good, if they don't use anime characters or plots. Also, how many pokemon would be in it? Of course pikachu would be in it somehow, but I can just hear people complaining "Aww, Crawdaunt and Dunsparce weren't in it." Unless they sneaked in every pokemon, even if just cameos. Only a few pokemon would get starring roles and/or personality

-Summer-
21st October 2007, 3:34 PM
It would be pretty good

-Summer-
21st October 2007, 3:34 PM
Im aure it would attract alot of fans

charizard is a g
21st October 2007, 4:21 PM
you could have put that all in one post and yes it would be good and attract a lot af fans
and noone would complain if a pokemon wasn't in it and it will have all new characters through the whole movie

Ridley-X4
21st October 2007, 5:05 PM
LOL @ Michael Bay as the director.

And sex jokes =/= Funny. They're only funny to immarture kids.

Cobalt_Latios
22nd October 2007, 12:43 AM
ok not to be mean but the hsm director beoing the firector is a stuoid idea and the director should be the one from transformers
Why am I unable to see Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg direct a live action movie based upon a kid's rpg game for the Nintendo handheld consoles that has now been turned into a show? Unless that statement was too difficult to comprehend, I think you see why.
The only reason they made Transformers was because they thought Michael Bay could do a great job in directing it. Obviously, they were right.

i don't wanna hear that! FF Advent Children rocked! (At least if you have it in Japaneese) not that it matters, you have NO since of what a good movie is!
I remember my friend having brought it to my birthday party and we watch some of it. Gotta say, not bad. Seeing as how one of the fight scenes looks near impossible to do in live-action(aka "anime physics"), then if a CG pokemon movie was made and looked decent enough, I'd go see it.

It could be good, if they don't use anime characters or plots.
In that case, just copy the show, there's not really a plot there anyways. Heck, just make it like a filler ep and it'd be fine. Then again, most if not all movies have at the very least some kind of plot.

octoboy
22nd October 2007, 4:17 PM
It could be good, if they don't use anime characters or plots. Also, how many pokemon would be in it? Of course pikachu would be in it somehow, but I can just hear people complaining "Aww, Crawdaunt and Dunsparce weren't in it." Unless they sneaked in every pokemon, even if just cameos. Only a few pokemon would get starring roles and/or personality

Now that I think of that, I think that may be a problem. Just one pokemon would probably be a world of work to create, so how can every pokemon be in it, especially without making the movie painfully long? I mean it would be a problem to just find a way to fit over four hundred monsters in one movie plot, but creating them? I mean either some will either have to be of sucky quality (in worst-case-scenario, colosseum style CGI effects) or not be around at all. Either that, or the movie would have to take forever and ten years to make.

Offtopic: I haven't posted in a while because I was worried about posting in an old revived topic... I've heard you could be banned for that, so I was just being cautious.

charizard is a g
23rd October 2007, 4:17 AM
i think that that is a rumor of how you can get banned and this forum was never dead
and all movies take a while to make so it is no problem

octoboy
24th October 2007, 2:33 AM
But what I mean is that movies with just a few CGI characters take years to make, imagine how long a movie with over 400 CGI characters would take? Either someone (or hundred) is going to be left out, or we won't be alive to see it.

charizard is a g
24th October 2007, 3:58 AM
not every pokemon is going to be in it that would be useless and to time consuming and most likely it would be more than one movie so that all pokemon were seen eventually
and we will be around to see it if it happens

octoboy
24th October 2007, 5:05 PM
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I meant probably not every pokemon could be in it.

charizard is a g
24th October 2007, 10:38 PM
ok i mis understood you my fault but if there was more than one movie then every pokemon would be in atleast one movie

fishyfool
24th October 2007, 10:56 PM
A CGI movie would be great, but take an age to make.

If it was a Claymation, like Wallace and Gromit, it would take several years.

A CGI comedy, such as the misfortunes of Ash and co while the cuts were made could be funny.

Ash: I Choose You, Scepti...*clonk*

TR: D00D! j00 dropped yer ball. Lol.

On second thoughts, maybe not. Still an idea.

They could make a series designed for us who are more mature, with pokemon and humans tearing each other apart. Sure, the censors will complain, but they emo.

octoboy
25th October 2007, 3:07 AM
^ Dude, pokemon's creator wouldn't like that. Pokemon was not meant to be viciously gory.

I guess I shouldn't keep saying that, as nobody ever drops the idea.

charizard is a g
30th October 2007, 11:00 PM
i don't like the idea either i think that people should drop it also but most people don't read the posts on the other pages so they think that they are making a new idea or they are just stupid also i had an idea about the movie it would be cool if the new trainer got to the eilite four and then beat them then faced a really strong stranger and it happened to be ash and the pokemon that ash had is his original team but all evolved except pikachu the team would be pikachu, charizard, blastios, venesaur, kinglar, and ash finds his butterfree and that is his last pokemon

octoboy
31st October 2007, 3:45 PM
Hmmm... I dunno about that idea... That would mean that the writers would have to change the anime to match that. Though I do sort of like the encounter with Ash idea, I don't like the fact that you made everyone evolve. Then the writers would have to add all these things to the anime to match the movie.

I don't think just a battle will cut it. The movie needs a much bigger plot. I don't want any of this "oh noez, da legendary pokemon is mad and blastin' stuf with its 00berness, whatl wee doooooooooooo!" I think I prefer the pokemon come to our world idea. Pokemon could somehow get into the real world, and wreak havoc therin. The problem with a trainer would be that the audience wouldn't have enough time to get to know the trainer and team, unless the characters were taken from the anime, which, as I said before, wouldn't really work. So I think pokemon training shouldn't really be a big thing.

charizard is a g
31st October 2007, 10:31 PM
this isn't supposed to go with the anime it is going to happen after pokemon has been cancelled and then it will have a whole new main character and all new pokemon from all the seasons of the pokemon and then there will be an stronger elite four and stuff and ash will be the champion with all his pokes evolved to get their ultimate potential exept for pikachu like i said earlier also noone will know it is ash until he puts on his hat to show that he is ash and his pikachu will also be a sign i don't know who would win yet though if the main character won then that would go with the movie but if ash lost people will get upset about it on the other hand if the main character lost then the people might say that it went with all that is known about pokemon that the main character always win in the end

octoboy
1st November 2007, 1:58 AM
Yeah, what I mean is that you put a list of what his team would end up as. Then the anime would have to change to be consistent with that, by evolving everybody. I actually believe the pokemon will stay the same for their whole lives, and suggesting they end up fully evolved is just wishful thinking.

I'd say don't have anything from the anime at all. No characters should make an appearance, as not to hinder the plot.

And if it was long after pokemon was over, then that means that either it'll come when I'm really old, or that pokemon will end really soon, both of which would suck.

I also said that introducing a new trainer would be a problem because the audience wouldn't have time to get to know the pokemon. We knew Ash right from the start (or at least the audience got a chance to, some people came in late). We got to see all his pokemon from the minute they were captured. So unless half the movie showed the trainer starting out, and catching, and raising a team, then have the real plot come in later.

And I also said that just an ordinary pokemon journey would be boring for a movie. There needs to be a more exciting plot than just a kid collecting badges. That's why I like the pokemon come to our world idea. It isn't too boring, and it isn't as unoriginal as the rampaging legendary/bad guy being mean to legendary thing.

jirachi_obsessor
3rd November 2007, 12:24 AM
it would be a trilogy, 3 movies for the first 8 badges

charizard is a g
3rd November 2007, 12:30 AM
i think that ther should be more than one movie lets say three or four and the new trainer would start from scratch getting his first pokemon ( a female snorunt ) from a mysterious trainer or something suspensful and then his ending team would be froslass. magmortor rhyperior, electivire, gallade, and honchcrow. in the end it would come doen to uber pikachu and froslass

jirachi_obsessor
3rd November 2007, 12:35 AM
just cause that's the team you like... it shouldn't be a regular starter that's for sure. Maybe his grandfather could be Ash or something. Then it would make sense for him to get some random pokemon instead of a starter

jirachi_obsessor
3rd November 2007, 12:39 AM
he should have pokemon that people wouldn't expect like... Magnezone, Medicham, Ditto, Vaporeon, Jinx, Ariados, etc.

charizard is a g
21st June 2008, 4:05 PM
alright so if i get banned then o well. i am pretty certain that there are new people here so i want to know their opinions on this topic. and i know it has been 7 months since this was talked in so ya. why would it be unexpected pokemon. and i liked my team idea. and if you wanted unexpected then froslass works and so does honchcrow. i guess you could throw in a hitmonchan that is completely random. but you do need atleast one excpected pokemon. like rhyperior

Cryptozoologist
21st June 2008, 6:14 PM
I do not like the idea of Pikachu in live action.

Or Ash, Brock and Dawn. *shudders*

charizard is a g
22nd June 2008, 3:40 AM
there will probably only be ash in live action and that is in the last movie.

Comis Patronus
22nd June 2008, 3:43 AM
if cartoons aren't meant for live movies then ben ten is ruined
As if that show wasn't bad enough anyway-my brother watches it and it's horrible.

A live action Pokemon movie? That almost made me laugh since it'd be a complete failure because it'd be all about the special effects and less creative story lines like most of the Pokemon movies anyway.

Cryptozoologist
22nd June 2008, 3:57 AM
there will probably only be ash in live action and that is in the last movie.

So you're saying that Ash will randomly be in live action while everything else will be a cartoon?

That's actually a good idea. :rolleyes:

Chelc
22nd June 2008, 6:32 AM
lol wtf @ major bumpage.

Closed.