PDA

View Full Version : Mass Hip-po-sis! (512)

Serebii
24th August 2007, 12:14 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/512.jpgSave The Stray Hippopotas!

Travelling to the next town, Ash & Co. spot a Hippopotas about to fall. Worried, they quickly intervene and rescue the Hippopotas. However, a TV crew was scouting the Hippopotas for a documentary. To make things worse, Team Rocket want the Hippopotas. Can Ash protect the Hippopotas?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/512.shtml)

Discuss

-Starly-
24th August 2007, 12:40 AM
This episode was awesome. Hipopoyawn using Yawn on everyone was cute. The TR motto was one of the funnier ones. Anyone know where the BGM that played when they were getting sand came from?

uber gon
24th August 2007, 12:49 AM
I kinda wanted to see the hippo's evo. Meh, I'll wait later.

cassius335
24th August 2007, 1:56 AM
I dunno. 3 or 4 Team Rocket attacks in one episode kinda screams "The writers didn't know what else to do".

Endoplasmic Reticulum
24th August 2007, 2:01 AM
Did ash capture the hippopotas?

Reign G
24th August 2007, 2:04 AM
Apparently not, from whaty I heardf on the last page of the Specultion Thread. Good, that means even longer until his next capture. I like watching people complain. :D

P13
24th August 2007, 3:02 AM
I kind of guessed he wouldn't catch the Hip Hop Potatoes once I heard its voice. It didn't even sound like they were trying.

But at least Ash had an excuse... He was asleep :p

S.Suikun
24th August 2007, 5:51 AM
This was a cute filler, if nothing else. It wasn't a truly original take on the traditional format like last week's or even a big character-based episode, but dang, if Hippopotroast wasn't frickin' adorable. There were some humorous moments that made the episode still worthwhile, namely Hippopalooza Yawning everyone and the motto with Jessie sleeping. I didn't recognize the vocal that played during the sand scene, either, so either it's something that hasn't been used in forever that's just not jumping out at me, or it's something new. Whatever it was, I liked it.

Regarding Ash's lack of capture, I honestly don't care either way. Sure, the thing is obnoxiously cute, so much so that I want to punch it, but I don't see it as a truly interesting battler judging from what little it did attack-wise in this episode (Yawning and excreting sand). And hey, like Teh Roxxorz said, it's damn funny watching the fanbase explode like this.

pokemonster2191
24th August 2007, 6:30 AM
i was expecting the capture throughout the entire episode and now that its over im glad it didnt happen. hippopotas was cute but it definitely did not belong on ash's team. it was hardly a battler. especially liked the motto.

Mythic Mist
24th August 2007, 6:54 AM
Looks like Musashi is up to date on the Hippopotas meme. Funny stuff. And yeah, this episode was incredibly adorable. Especially for my particular interests...<_<

HoennMaster
24th August 2007, 9:07 AM
What an adorable pokémon (did I say that?). I was hoping that Brock would get it.

cassius335
24th August 2007, 11:14 AM
I didn't recognize the vocal that played during the sand scene, either, so either it's something that hasn't been used in forever that's just not jumping out at me, or it's something new. Whatever it was, I liked it.

I'm sure I recognised it from somewhere, but can't place it right now. Lol at Brock trying to use it as a Theme Music Power Up (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.ThemeMusicPowerUp), only for Croagunk to put a stop to both (of course)

Geodude
24th August 2007, 11:54 AM
Nobody mentioned the running gag with Team Rocket where Jessie kept mispronouncing Hippopotas' name and James and Meowth kept correcting her, that was funny.

pikasaur
24th August 2007, 12:06 PM
when i was viewing the pics for the episode....i seriously thought hed catch the hippo

the hippo would go back to its family ash would leave, then the hippo would look all sad and run after ash and co....then he'd capture it

Crimsonmon
24th August 2007, 12:46 PM
This episode was awesome. Hipopoyawn using Yawn on everyone was cute. The TR motto was one of the funnier ones. Anyone know where the BGM that played when they were getting sand came from?

It was the first AG ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6W0p7ukazo

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th August 2007, 1:41 PM
Nobody mentioned the running gag with Team Rocket where Jessie kept mispronouncing Hippopotas' name and James and Meowth kept correcting her, that was funny.

It's canon now. Awesome.

MechaBulba
24th August 2007, 2:53 PM
WHAT NO CAPTURE!

Ash went through all of that only to not capture the thing! OMG what the hell! It may have been small and young but still a Ground type like that would rock in battle with its very diffrent moveset!

Oh well. Maybe next time................ So Ash capturing the Dinosaur in the next Ep then anyone?

Crimsonmon
24th August 2007, 3:26 PM
Ash went through all of that only to not capture the thing! OMG what the hell!

Yeah. Leaving it there to die would have been much more in character for him.

Treecko Girl
24th August 2007, 3:40 PM
when i was viewing the pics for the episode....i seriously thought hed catch the hippo

the hippo would go back to its family ash would leave, then the hippo would look all sad and run after ash and co....then he'd capture it

I know how you feel, I really thought he'd capture the cutie...

cassius335
24th August 2007, 7:55 PM
It was the first AG ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6W0p7ukazo

*nod* Soko ni Sora ga Aru Kara. Knew I had it, but couldn't place the name.

133tSneasel
24th August 2007, 8:58 PM
There was a shiny Hippopotas at the end, one had different color eyes.
I wasn't really impressed with the episode, but, I'm surprise Brock didn't get it

S.Suikun
24th August 2007, 9:07 PM
There was a shiny Hippopotas at the end, one had different color eyes.
Wasn't a shiny. Remember, the Hippopotas family has color differences depending on gender.

Geodude
25th August 2007, 1:12 AM
Lot of humor in the episode, don't see how you couldn't enjoy it, Sneasel.

The Sinnoh Now team scene with the reporter having to carry the boom mike that she always gets hit with while the fat guy that handles it is asleep and carried by the other guy was funny.

Dax
25th August 2007, 1:52 AM
There were a lot of funny things. I love how they always find something different to do with Croagunk. A lot of creativity.

The boom thing, Pikachu as Turtwig, Jessie sleeping in the motto, Croagunk... it was great.

I was actually surprised by Hippo's voice. I thought it was going to be deeper and strong but I loved it. It was an adorable voice.

X-Wing
25th August 2007, 4:10 AM
I watched the episode pics and I can't believe no one mentionned this before.

Ash has a spine and neck made with steel. Is he the next Superman ? Is Brock a chiropractor ? Does Ash know a good Professionnal cyclist's doctor ?

How can Ash support a 2 1/2 feet, 109 lbs pokemon (based on the site's 'dex) on his head ??? Heck, we're not talking caterpie but a friggin sand-filled hippo O_o

BTW, I know Ash has survived numerous flamethrowers and thunderbolts and others but, isn't this too much ?

On a more serious note, were there any explanations for this in the episode ? Also, what was the sand attack used in TR's balloon or was it its ability ?

Prominence
25th August 2007, 10:36 AM
I watched the episode pics and I can't believe no one mentionned this before.

Ash has a spine and neck made with steel. Is he the next Superman ? Is Brock a chiropractor ? Does Ash know a good Professionnal cyclist's doctor ?

How can Ash support a 2 1/2 feet, 109 lbs pokemon (based on the site's 'dex) on his head ??? Heck, we're not talking caterpie but a friggin sand-filled hippo O_o

BTW, I know Ash has survived numerous flamethrowers and thunderbolts and others but, isn't this too much ?

On a more serious note, were there any explanations for this in the episode ? Also, what was the sand attack used in TR's balloon or was it its ability ?

It was Yawn.

So Ash didn't catch a Hippopotas?

Edit: Oh, in the balloon. Yeah, maybe he whipped up a Sandstorm.

Sushi
25th August 2007, 10:51 AM
Well, when Dawn asked him if he's gonna be alright, he just replied, "It's a little heavy, but that's okay."

Also, what was the sand attack used in TR's balloon or was it its ability ?
That dusty-looking move was Sand Attack, and then it switched off to Sand Tomb.

I don't know why in the world I can remember such things right off the bat, but I immediately noticed that the Hippo had the same voice as the Lotad in the Poffin episode. It was pretty suitable though. I had a laugh-squeal-attack when it waggled its tail, that was so cute x)

This is the first time in years that I rewatched a Team Rocket motto more than three times; it was just that funny. Just the way Jessie looked was hilarious.
I was also quite amused by Ash and Dawn earlier when they hid from Team Rocket, but completely forgot about the sleeping Brock and just left him lying on the road XD

I thought that Soko ni Sora ga arukara was a tiny bit misplaced (but that might be because my mind's so stuck on sunset scenes when I hear the song), and in the second half, the sudden scene switches made the whole thing look a tad jumpy, but those are the only nitpicks I have.

The latest three episodes are some of the few that actually made me laugh instead of just smiling or chuckling lightly. I'm even inclined to say that if this keeps up, I don't care when they'll arrive in Hearthome and rather pick an endless line of fillers with amusing plots ;D

Leona
25th August 2007, 12:25 PM
awww Hipopotas was so cute in this ep xD especially when it opened it's mouth.

133tSneasel
25th August 2007, 11:32 PM
Wasn't a shiny. Remember, the Hippopotas family has color differences depending on gender.

Duh!, I forgot....I think that Hippopotas used Amnesia on me. LOL

133tSneasel
25th August 2007, 11:33 PM
Lot of humor in the episode, don't see how you couldn't enjoy it, Sneasel.

The Sinnoh Now team scene with the reporter having to carry the boom mike that she always gets hit with while the fat guy that handles it is asleep and carried by the other guy was funny.

Sorry, I'm all about the battles. LOL, the interesting strategies they use. But that was funny with the boom mike

uber gon
26th August 2007, 7:59 AM
I was hoping to see the evo.

Juputoru
26th August 2007, 2:37 PM
Cute little ep. Thankfully, it seems that there aren't too many people still complaining about people not catching Hippopotas.

-Seeing TR's balloon have a patch on it after they got blasted off for the...second, I think it was...time was a nice touch.
-Soko ni Sora Ga Aru Kana seemed out of place somehow. I guess it seems more like it should be at the end of the ep along with a sunset and a show of friendship.
-Speaking of the scene they did play that song in, I'm sure it makes more sense if you can understand what everyone's saying but for now I can't see why Hippopotas needed all that special treatment because it fell in a river. My best guess is that a bunch of its sand washed out or something.
-Why is there a desert in the middle of a foresty/rocky place...oh, forget it. I should've stopped trying to make sense of the anime randomly inserting landmarks like that a long time ago.

Alfonso
26th August 2007, 4:02 PM
I would have been inclined to censored Hippopotas' name in any guides I did if Ash captured it, for it be one ugly Pokemon. :< Looks too cartoony for my Pokemon liking standards.

Also, Ash could do with something stronger right now. Something that doesn't evolve, perhaps. I dunno, I just think his team stinks at the moment and I hate it compared to his Advanced team who had quite a few powerhouses.

Need to watch this episode myself, but from what I can tell... they didn't play some sort of sad or dramatic song for Hippopotas when it fell in the river did they? o_o

ShadowDragon16
26th August 2007, 10:56 PM
I would have been inclined to censored Hippopotas' name in any guides I did if Ash captured it, for it be one ugly Pokemon. :< Looks too cartoony for my Pokemon liking standards.

Also, Ash could do with something stronger right now. Something that doesn't evolve, perhaps. I dunno, I just think his team stinks at the moment and I hate it compared to his Advanced team who had quite a few powerhouses.

Need to watch this episode myself, but from what I can tell... they didn't play some sort of sad or dramatic song for Hippopotas when it fell in the river did they? o_o

No, they only played the song after they got it out of the water and while Ash and co were digging up sand for Hippopotas to restore itself, they played it, Ash seemed very worried and attached to it. At the end i though i was going to cry.

Agreed, Ash's team currently Sucks and its boring.

Silent Conversation
28th August 2007, 4:44 PM
I really wanted Ash to capture the Hipopotas. I mean, Dawn has enough pokemon already and Hipopotas just isn't for Brock, but I wanted to see somebody catch Hipopotas. Too bad Ash didn't capture it.

Alfonso
30th August 2007, 4:19 AM
It just wasn't meant to be, just like Numel.

...this Hippopotas thing is gonna go on forever isn't it? :<

Almighty Zard
30th August 2007, 6:00 AM
It just wasn't meant to be, just like Numel.

...this Hippopotas thing is gonna go on forever isn't it? :<

Unfortunitly it seems to, and will continue to be the case.

WaterDragon trainer
5th January 2008, 6:45 PM
This episode was good. It was cool to see a Hippopotas. The Boss Fantasy was pretty funny, partly because James told it since Meowth was out. It was pretty funny when Croagunk dragged Brock to the hiding spot. It was pretty funny when Jessie fell asleep during their motto as well as Ash, Dawn, and Brock using part of Team Rocket’s old motto.

Dax
5th January 2008, 9:11 PM
Hippopotas was absolutely adorable. I loved that they didn't change the voice but that was expected.

Jessie in the dub was not funny, the misspelling of the name was not as good as the original. It was cheesy instead of funny.

One thing that I liked was the motto, flawless motto.

Caseydia
6th January 2008, 3:23 AM
This episode was somewhat boring and cute. Too bad Ash didn't capture the cute little love nut pokemon.

Caseydia
6th January 2008, 3:25 AM
This episode was somewhat boring and cute. Too bad Ash didn't capture the cute little love nut pokemon.

Jonouchi
6th January 2008, 5:16 AM
Unfortunitly it seems to, and will continue to be the case.

This theory kicked the bucket, it seems. >_>

XD

In any case, Hippopotas was rather cute, to say the least. I didn't want him to end up like Torkoal, but I didn't want him to go, either. Can't win 'em all, I guess. =/

Corzola
6th January 2008, 11:45 AM
A very funny ep, and quite cute at some moments. And again I loved just how the characters talked, i.e. when Ash and Dawn forgot Brock on the road or moments like that. Maybe a little to many TR apperences but on the other hand, all of them were funny. James saying Jessie and Mewouths parts and stuff like that.

7,5/10 p.

Geodude
6th January 2008, 4:55 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the first Boss fantasy ever that Meowth had no part in.

neptune_84
6th January 2008, 5:39 PM
well i think that they should have had ash catch hippotas because it had such a charcter and would have mixed well with the pokemon he currently has. i believe they didnt have him catch it because there is pipe work for turtwig to eveolve and when he reachegrotle he will be a ground type aswell as grass, and 1 thing ash has never done is have 2 pokemon of the same type on his team at the same time.

HoennMaster
6th January 2008, 6:05 PM
This was surprisingly better when you actually see in. I still think the Hippo would have been a good addition to the team, especially as Brock's.

CabbyFish
6th January 2008, 9:55 PM

I believe you're right. This was the first boss fantasy without Meowth in it.

Hoppopotas sounds like it could've been dubbed, but I'm guessing it wasn't.

Something tells me Jessie never book studies.

After seeing them for several times now, it makes me wonder where James got those cards from. You want to know everything? Get a Dextette like our heroes do.

S.Suikun
6th January 2008, 10:06 PM
and 1 thing ash has never done is have 2 pokemon of the same type on his team at the same time.
He had Chikorita and Bulbasaur on the same team for about two years...

Winged_Psychic
7th January 2008, 11:18 AM

Speaking about that, were those two Giovanni was playing golf with the rocket executives from the G/S/C games or are they just random rocket members? Just something I noticed.

P13
7th January 2008, 11:47 AM
Its too bad Jessie never refered to Hippopotas by my nickname for it: Hip Hop Potatoes

Dattebayo
7th January 2008, 9:14 PM
Ash and co. really made weird mad expressions at Team Rocket when retrieving Hippopotas from them. Now I don't know who they are anymore.

Corzola
7th January 2008, 10:11 PM
Well D/P really are different. I re- watched the ep just now and enjoyed every minute of it. The trios use of the TR motto was fun. And did you notice that Wobba and Mr Mime Jr was abscent from the ep, that was a bit unusual.

Genome
8th January 2008, 3:15 AM
The work going into D/P has suddenly jumped, and refused to come down. Aside from the Leagues, a string of good episodes this long is unheard of. A basic filler plot like this was taken to the next level with the TV crew, good use a yawn bubble gag, and many fun subtleties in the dialouge. I think it all started with Cheryl showing up, or maybe Buizel. But the average of these episodes is unparalleled to the previous low standard as Cooking up a Great Story, or a basic Hoenn/Johto filler.

Still thought Buizel submerging the dry-ground type was pretty funny. And James a lead role in today's scheme? Jessie/Meowth falling asleep made that flawless. Ronda smacking Jack, too many delightful segments to detail, I'll leave it at..

I re- watched the ep just now and enjoyed every minute of it.
..well said.

7/10 I found it very amusing.

The pre-evolution of one of my favorite pokemon almost tipped the scale in the episode for me. But not for a lack of potential. Hippowdon firing its sand canons for a force of taking a rock to the face, creating its own landscape, and sinking into ground for defense would have all been an interesting fighting style to see for Ash. No doubt that would take a heavy toll on the animation team.

For a thunder-striken minute the little sand terrestial was facing the three trainers with a plump face, Dawn throwing in some words, and Ash ready to reach out his hand and offer it a pokeball. To think that if the TV crew never showed up... Oh well, that's the end of this tale.

PokemonTrainerAsh
8th January 2008, 9:11 AM
For that moment hippopotas is using yawn, I though that it wanted to sleep. Well... Or maybe it need someone else to sleep with.

uber gon
9th January 2008, 9:35 AM
Speaking about that, were those two Giovanni was playing golf with the rocket executives from the G/S/C games or are they just random rocket members? Just something I noticed.

Random members.

Rebeccag
12th January 2008, 8:47 PM
I proably didnt enjoy this as much as the other 2 before it but i thought it was a good episode, I liked the idea of sinnoh now coming back again and i also liked the iddeo of james taking a more lead role in team rocket

CabbyFish
12th January 2008, 11:20 PM
You know, I just realized we never figure out what happened to Rhonda and the rest of the crew. After the second commercial break, they are absent for the rest of the episode. Wierd, huh?

RageKaiser
14th January 2008, 5:08 AM
I thought the episode itself was okay, it was kinda cute...But my major problem was with the dub music, I cannot stand PUSA's work. I absolutely hate it. The music can be okay once and a while, but what really ruins it is all the little "blunder" sounds that they add in it and stuff, it annoys me to no end.

pokefan18
15th January 2008, 10:10 PM
Hippopotas is so cool to have on a team

Ashy Boy
18th January 2008, 8:27 PM
The episode was good, but what was comical and silly about it was that Jessie couldn't bother to say Hippopotas at all.

Andelc
24th February 2008, 12:51 PM
I just watched this online yesterday and
thought it was a cool episode
Ash really should have caught hippotopas:(
because he saved it and all the bonding they had togther
;449;(I like hippopotas now after that episode)

wobbanut
27th August 2008, 2:48 AM
This was a pretty funny episode. I liked Jessie falling asleep during the motto and James having to do her lines like a puppet. LOL I also liked the recurring gag of Jessie coming up with all sorts of variations on "hippopotas". At least we get to see the little hippopotas again the following season.

Oh yes, and I like the twerps doing a mini-motto, that was funny. I don't know if Dawn did the "prepare for trouble" line as a motto, though, because really she only heard that line once before they changed to the current motto. Brock chiming in with the next line, and James's reaction, though, were great. :D

DanChimchar
6th October 2008, 10:29 PM
OMG James talking over for Jessie OMG SO FUNNY!
I though ash was gonna catch it but watever
But still everyone falling asleep and someone has to carry them made me laugh the whole episode

Torpoleon
6th October 2008, 10:51 PM
lol, Ronda gets hit.Also that Hippopatas was cool.Jessie get the name right)

DanChimchar
6th October 2008, 11:07 PM
Oh Yeah that was a aweome part
Hippoapuppy! LMAO
THAT WAS THE BEST
Hi po hippy

trixie08
8th October 2008, 4:46 AM
Loved this episode.

First of all, the Hippopotas looked so "awwwwww"-worthy.

Jessie mispronouncing his name everytime made my day.

"I want a Happypuppy!"

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 11:35 AM
another wildlife protecting episode, i enjoyed it full time:P

Blue Snover
22nd April 2009, 10:26 AM
Another great episode.

I was disappointed that no-one caught it though.

I would have been a good edition to their teams.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 3:19 PM
Nice episode, i really tought someone would get it

Void
27th April 2009, 3:29 PM
Nice episode, i really tought someone would get it

Yeah, I thought that Ash might get it.

S.Suikun
1st July 2009, 12:56 AM
There's cute. Then there's obnoxiously cute. Then there's wanna-blow-my-bleeping-brains-out-with-a-gun-that-shoots-rainbows cute. Hippopotas is that last one. Note that even when I try to spell its name correctly, I can't do it. Blah. And for the love of buttered toast, people, Hippopopopo is not a "stalker" Pokemon like Jigglypuff. It returns once. Same with Spoink. I assume that Plusle/Minun kid back in Hoenn is also a "stalker" according to this logic, correct? Anyways, combined with the return of Yuuka, this makes for a charming episode that is ultimately let down by how doggone repetitive it is. And Yuuka mysteriously vanishes from the episode halfway through, with is disappointingly odd.

I love Team Rocket, but this is their worst episode in all of Sinnoh. I'm fine with a single attempt per episode to make a heist, but FOUR? It basically turns an otherwise cute episode into a tedious game of "keep-away". This would be more acceptable were it for comic relief, but it's not. Speaking of comic relief, fortunately this episode has enough of it to keep me barely entertained, such as the return of motto-mockery. That said, Pokemon riding Satoshi's head stopped being amusing before even Naetle did it. If Pokemon sold on cuteness alone - and it does in many cases - this episode would succeed. But some of us prefer a little more depth, or at least as much as we can expect from a series such as this.

C-

water450
11th August 2009, 2:05 AM
I really wish ash would have caught it!!!! it would have been such a cool pokemon to have.

Ash-kid
11th August 2009, 3:39 PM
Great episode, when Ash and Co. return the Hipopotas to it's home. and when ash beat Cecnea with Turtwig

Lorde
17th January 2010, 10:06 PM
I was actually impressed. It was a cute episode, even in the dubbed version I was laughing and almost crying when they let Hippopotas go ;_;

Team Rocket's attempts to kidnap Hippopotas were getting on my nerves. This could've been a great episode but their antics ruined some of that.

Too bad Ash didn't capture it. He needed a Ground type. 7/10

KGB13
7th March 2010, 11:30 AM
This episode was pretty funny. Jesse messing up the name and the Rhonda gag were hilarious. Good episode.

Willow's Tara
6th June 2010, 10:29 AM
Wasn't a bad episode, although I am not really a big fan of Hippopotas.

It was funny when it kept using Yawn on everyone though, and Ash should have caught it but oh well,

I gotta wonder would Giovanni actually want quite a few of the Pokemon like this one, I don't think TR is even aware why he wants them lol.

When James was imitating Jessie that was funny (Although he has done it before but not in that voice).
Interesting with the small motto bit Ash and co did (Although I would have liked them to see them do the entire thing. I think Max and Tracy are the only main cast who haven't done the motto, I think May did it once)

saar
8th July 2010, 9:53 AM
Ash should have caught that Hippopotas, they could have been a good team...
Helping a baby pokemon is always nice.:)

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 1:45 PM
Hippopotas using yawn was funny first meowth then Ash fell asleep and Brock had to carry him

G50
27th April 2011, 11:17 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see a Hippopotas for the 1st time, it's so cute! It was cool to see that it could use Yawn and was using it to put people to sleep. It was funny when it used Yawn on Ash forcing Brock to carry him. It was cool to see Ash save Hippopotas from both the cliff and the River after falling in. It was interesting to see it explained how the water made Hippopotas very sick and had to be dried off and be given a lot of sand. It was so funny when Jessie couldn't say its name and the names she came up with were priceless. It was amusing when the gang ran to hide from TR and left Brock asleep on the the road.

70/100

BurningSociety12345543210
27th May 2011, 10:43 PM
Please tell me Jessie didn't call that thing a "Hyper pootus".

Because I think that's what she called it. -__-

TabiPianist
1st July 2011, 10:34 PM
I love hippopatas!!!!! Sp kawaiiii!!!!! Its yawn attac was funny. I also think its funny how jessi cant pronounce hippopatas's name!!!! XD

Bulba the Great!
3rd July 2012, 7:58 AM
I really expected this to be a dud of an episode.

Boy was I wrong! Brock being the first victim to Yawn, with Croagunk saving him, was hilarious. Jessie sleeping during the motto and James using her as a puppet is by far and large the most entertaining that motto will ever be. The throwback and recognition of the original motto was fun.

Brock;s Nurse Joy speech was slightly more charged this week. Almost inappropriate. Watch yourself, Brocko.

VERY good episode. Worth a rewatch.

PokemontrainerY
25th September 2013, 12:57 PM
I enjoyed watching this episode, it had many good and funny moments. I liked how determined Ash was to save that Hippopotas, it's nice when he was carrying it on his head.
It's funny when Brock got hit by Hippopotas's Yawn and Croagunk dragged him, was hilarious. After Team Rocket tries to steal Hippopotas and Ash's Aipom blasts them off, Hippopotas's Next Victim was Dawn, who falls asleep the same way Brock did. Team Rocket attacks Ash and Co. again, but Hippopotas used Yawn again......this time on Jessie! Jessie sleeping during the motto and James using her as a puppet to do the motto was by really funny!
I liked the scene where Brocks was hitting on Nurse Joy and Croagunk hit him with Poison Jab, the expression on Brock's face was hilarious!
I'm glad the Hippopotas reunited with his family, but it using Yawn on Ash and Pikachu was the last thing I wanted. Ash and Pikachu are the only ones who didn't fall asleep during the whole episode....until at the end, so it kinda annoyed me. Other than that, it was an enjoyable episode.