PDA

View Full Version : ^~Elite Spriters Club [2.0]~^

Scyther23
26th August 2007, 9:11 PM
Welcome to the Elite Spriters Club [2.0]

My name is Scyther23, and I'm the owner of the new club. The original Elite Spriters Club was closed because the original owner had to quit due to school.

Obviously, this club is basically the same as the first one. I have, however made a few new changes. These include things like more in-depth contests, a wider rank-range, and a generally more organized thread.

If you were an active member of the Elite Spriters Club, you may apply here and receive a rank-bonus according to how active you were on the original thread.

Current Discussion Topic: What's your biggest pet peeve when spriting?

NOTE: All applications must be sent to me via PM.
~Application~
Were you a member of the original Elite Spriters Club?
How long have you been Spriting?
What kinds of spriting can you do? [DO NOT include examples of your work here]
Do you run or work for a spriteshop?

Examples [the more the better, please provide at least five good quality ones]:

~Rules~
1. Must be a spriter to join.
2. Must stay active-post and participate in whatever contests you can, post new sprites you have made, feedback, etc. [If you are going on vacation or have another reason to go inactive, just PM me or one of the co-owners the reason]
3. Do not insult others sprites. Constructive criticism is okay, as long as they have something to learn from your words.
4. ABSOLUTELY NO SPRITE STEALING! If someone else makes a sprite that you like, and you want to include it in your signature or something, you must have express permission from them.
5. Be nice to everyone.
6. Do not start a sprite-off or something like that, unless it is an official club contest created by myself or another leader. You may give ideas for contests, however.

~General Guidelines~
-While you're here, have fun! Participate in contests, make sprites, or whatever. Just make sure you stay inside the rules.

-Don't be afraid to post your sprites to ask for help or ideas. Everyone is here to help, we all want to be the best spriters we can be!

-Give things your best shot. If you decide to participate in a contest, and you think "Gee I really suck at this kind of sprite", it doesn't hurt to try. Who knows? You could really strike gold!

-Don't be a sore loser. If you lose a contest, don't start pointing out why you should have won and stuff. It will just annoy others.

-Don't be a lame winner. If you win a contest, don't rub it in the face of others. Instead tell them that they really put in a good effort [if they did] or whatever applies. If you rub it in people's face, it will make people dislike you.

~Memberlist~

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/ESCSTAFF.png
+ Scyther23 [Owner, creator of ESC 2.0]
+ May>Misty [Co-Owner]
+ Elyvorg [Co-Owner]
+ Lion_Animagus [Club Banner Artist]
+ Spriteright3 [Past owner, club moderator]

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/RayquoxiesESCRank4.png

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/RegiflameESCRank.png

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/BlarioESCRank.png

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/PikadudeESCRank.png

+ krazymudkipkid
+ ZK9115
+ Master Alex
+ uzumakikunai

Members at Risk:

Banned Members:

ESC NEWS

+ 8.27.07 ~ ESC 2.0 Established by Scyther23

Current Contest
Create-the-Ranks!
Description: Basically, you're just creating eye-catching rank pictures and names to replace the pitiful ones now. Design 3-5 user ranks, and an E.S.C Staff one. They shouldn't be too big, but have to be well visible. They must have something to do with spriting, going from lower to higher. They should be attractive, eye-catching, and impressive.

REWARD: Winner get's their Ranks/Rank Pictures used as ranks, and of course, credit.

~RULES~
Must say the name of the rank in each seperate Rank picture.
Must contain 3-5 user ranks, and an E.S.C Staff rank.
Must make your own sprites, none from others.
Should be original, different from those of other clubs.
Be creative. Don't just put a bunch of stars in a row and call it a rank.

Contest Entry Cut-Off: September 20th, 2007
Judged on: September 21st, 2007 (or whenever everyone gets their entries submitted)

Judges: Scyther23

~Entries~

Past Contests

So, have fun!

May>Misty
27th August 2007, 6:17 AM
Hey, Clay, what's up? I see you got to make the 2.0 thread, that's pretty cool. How 'bout when we get 5 members, we'll have our first contest?

ZK9115
27th August 2007, 8:36 AM
Thanks Scyther23 for joining me. I hope that I will support you in this thread and other members too, ^_^.

elyvorg
27th August 2007, 5:59 PM
I've had my application approved by Scyther, so I'm now in the new club. As for your offer, I don't mind being co-owner at all. The only reason I was reluctant in the last club was because I didn't want full-on ownership, which would have way too many responsibilites and constant random PMs. However, co-owner is fine =D

So, now that there's five of us, does that mean we should have a contest?

Master Alex
27th August 2007, 6:16 PM
Yeaphy! I'm in! ^_^

Scyther23
27th August 2007, 7:09 PM
I've added a Discussion topic, please respond to it. I'm thinking of an idea for a contest, and when I've come up with one I'll post it.

Also, the ranks and rank pictures are under construction right now, so bear with me XD

Current Discussion Topic: What's your favorite type of sprite to make, and why?

I like making fuses the most. I really enjoy seeing how different pokemon fit together in different ways... and trying to make them work.

Master Alex
27th August 2007, 7:10 PM
Me too! Love to see what comes out from this, that and those! ^_^ See my Sign-Spoilers to know what am I up.

elyvorg
27th August 2007, 7:42 PM
Scratches. I like having the freedom of making whatever I want and doing it in my own style, not having to somewhat keep to the style of the base sprite. The only thing I dislike is that I often have to make my own colours, which is boring and IMO I suck at it.

I agree that mixes can produce fun results but I don't enjoy making them as much as I find it annoying to scratch on parts without a clear space to do it in - putting them straight on the sprite tends to look messy until it's completely done.

Master Alex
27th August 2007, 7:47 PM
I'm not very good at scratching... but I edit lots of parts when I mix and fuse.

Scyther23
27th August 2007, 8:07 PM
A few things:

1.) Master Alex, less 1 liner posts. It's not bad, but I've noticed 1 or 2 and just giving a warning. Also, please answer the discussion question (just edit the post above this one)

2.) The Ranks are almost done. Please tell me what you honestly think about them. Are they cool? Creative? Dumb? Poorly done? Tell me what you think.

3.) I've decided on the first contest! It will be a 'Create-Your-Own-Sprite-Type' contest. It doesn't have to be huge, but it has to be original. There is room for two more judges (I'm the first) so if you want to judge, tell me quickly.

Lion_animagus
27th August 2007, 9:42 PM
I enjoy doing super heroes and fusions, cause super heroes are just fun looking and make me laugh, and then fusions because I'm best at them and just the creativity of mixing is great

3.) I've decided on the first contest! It will be a 'Create-Your-Own-Sprite-Type' contest.
do you mean like created a way of new spriting? or like a new pokemon type? or something completely different from these?

krazymudkipkid
27th August 2007, 11:20 PM
Could I redo the rank things? They look pitiful when resized.

My favorite would have to be splices.

Scyther23
28th August 2007, 12:06 AM
krazymudkipkid ~ Sure, I know the resizing looks terrible, but otherwise it would have been too big 0.0 If you can make them better go ahead, and pm me with them first.

elyvorg
28th August 2007, 11:39 AM
I agree, the ranks look horrible resized. You should keep them normal sized and just allow parts of them to go off the edges. Also, and this is purely C&C, the Archie recolour on the staff one is badly done, it needs more work to make the shades look right. The May recolour is fine. One thing though - aren't the mixes by other people from the last ESC? I remember Blario at least. If so, I think they should be credited.

However, I do like the idea of the ranks moving up towards more legendary-ish mixes.

By the way, what powers do co-owners have?

Master Alex
28th August 2007, 12:16 PM
Can I give my idea for a new sprinting type? I already have one.

Scyther23
28th August 2007, 7:41 PM
elyvorg ~ Yes, I know they're terrible, first person to redo them better will get theirs put up. No, I made all the sprites (including Blario). Blario was my entry for the fuse contest in the original ESC, I made him meself.
But you gotta admit, even though they're still crappy-looking, they're much better than the original ESC ranks--a line of low-quality stars.
Co-Owners can accept members, ban members, make new rules, change the discussion topic (which I'll edit into the first post when I see it), create new contests (which, once again, will be edited into the first post when I see it).

Master Alex ~ Please pay attention to the changed on the first post. You're leaving too many spam one-liners, I said above that the contest was on. Be sure to only post one idea, you're only allowed one contest entry. If you continue to post 1-liner spam posts, I'm gonna have to ban you.

krazymudkipkid
29th August 2007, 12:44 AM
I'm waiting for Photobucket to load.

I'll add the template then.

ZK9115
31st August 2007, 12:38 PM
Scyther23, this is my newly made sprites:

http://i11.*******.com/5xdhfdx.png
http://i14.*******.com/30964jk.png

This trainer card is made by me:
http://i16.*******.com/4r2f415.png

Scyther23
1st September 2007, 8:22 AM
ZK, your sprites are nice, but the iPod one is a little off... idk.

One thing that's been on my mind a lot lately is that this club is so... boring. You guys don't have to be so orderly and proper and all, I mean be free, have a little fun! I posted a new discussion topic a while ago, no one has even touched it, and the contest was put up almost a week ago, but there's no entries. Not even any mention about it! Are you guys bored with it or something? I mean, remember, this club is just to improve as a spriter and have fun. So far i dont think anyone is really having any fun.

For example, ZK, in your post you were all 'Scyther23, this is my newly made sprites.' It's great that you're all proper and stuff, but just because i'm the owner of the club doesn't mean that everyone should only be showing stuff to me. Something more like 'hey guys, i made these sprites the other day ago, waddya think?' and then other people would just post what they think about it and whatever they wanted.

I understand that some people have school starting and can't get on and stuff, but that's definitely not the problem. Remember that this club is completely free for suggestions and whatever you want, post your sprites, new sprite ideas. If it has to do with sprites, and it's not against sppf rules, POST IT! Well, not that literally, but you know what I mean!

I made a new contest, a more basic easier starting one. PLEASE PARTICIPATE! If this club doesn't get more exciting soon, I'm deleting it, and wherever it goes from there then good luck to it. I don't want that to happen, if we get more active and more participation in here than this could be a very succesful club. But right now it's not going that way.

Basically, this is what i'm saying. Please participate. Please post any sprite you want to, no matter what. Please talk. Please have fun.

Normally I would say "Just make sure you don't spam", but to be honest, I'd rather have spam than this right now. Don't start spamming, but we'll deal with spam if it comes, which I hope the problem does, because that will mean we're more active, and at least having fun!

Please, post, no matter what it is your thinking.

~Scyther

elyvorg
1st September 2007, 2:41 PM
There's a new topic? *looks* I see. It'd probably have been noticed more if you put it in a new post; not everyone wants to keep looking at the first post to see if it's been edited.

So... my pet peeve when spriting? Probably when I create a custom colour while black or white is still my selected colour on the default palette for Paint. The black/white gets replaced on the palette with my new colour and next time I want to use black/white I need to re-create it using the Edit Colours option. That and when I have anything other than white selected as the background colour and I try to move something with the Move Tool. Anyone who regularly uses Paint should know how annoying that is.

New contest too? Hmm, I might enter something if I get bored and have an urge to do several mixes/trainers.

So, if we have a sprite, we post it?
*has a sprite; posts it*
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/elyvorg/Evyris.png
Grooooovyyyyyle <3333

SpriteRight3
2nd September 2007, 5:24 AM
Scyther23, if the club does get 'boring' please don't be as drastic as to delete the thread! I mean, it's totally your call, but you shouldnt do that... I'm back because of a little thing I like to call...BUTT-FAIRY. A mix of Butterfree and Clefairy that I made in my spare time. http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb182/SpriteRight3/Buttfairy.png That is my little friend Buttfairy, and she has a crush on you. OOO and i know the eyes are screwed but they were pretty hard, those eyes. BYE

Scyther23
2nd September 2007, 6:08 AM
Scyther23, if the club does get 'boring' please don't be as drastic as to delete the thread! I mean, it's totally your call, but you shouldnt do that... I'm back because of a little thing I like to call...BUTT-FAIRY. A mix of Butterfree and Clefairy that I made in my spare time. http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb182/SpriteRight3/Buttfairy.png That is my little friend Buttfairy, and she has a crush on you. OOO and i know the eyes are screwed but they were pretty hard, those eyes. BYE

It's... creative. But the wings are a little lobsided, and the shading's off. Anyways, I added you to the club under staff.

Elyvorg, i know what you're talking about when you try to move something and the background that you tried moving has whatever colour you had right-selected.

Here's my sprite, Jigglychu!
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/Jigglychu.png

Aww, idnit cute? Sammi (you know, the really really really good bannermaker) said it was the best sprite she'd ever seen made by me. And my sprites aren't the greatest, but they're good enough. Yes elyvorg is much better than me, I'm just here to manage the club.

And IMO, elyvorg is the best spriter on SPPf so far. No I'm not joking- they own. Yeah. Nice job, elyvorg.

NOTE: PLEASE EVERYONE PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST!!!!! Our ranks look terrible right now, mainly because I did them all in about 30 minutes, scratched all of the backgrounds, and resized them. WE NEED NEW RANKS! Check on the first post for the contest.

elyvorg
2nd September 2007, 10:03 PM
Buttfairy is amusingly freakish, but I agree that the wings are lopsided, you should have flipped them. And Jigglychu (oddly enough, I think there's a forum member here with that name) is simple but effective - with one problem; you didn't recolour the outlines. That's a must, you currently have a yellow Jigglypuff with a pink outline which just looks bad.

As for me being the best spriter on SPPf? Nah, in my personal opinion the best spriters here are aocom and absol attacker. Both of them go to c_spriting where there are a lot of highly skilled spriters so yeah (I was invited there once but couldn't be bothered to join).

Scyther23
2nd September 2007, 11:05 PM
The outline I used for Jigglychu was the same as Pikachu's--yes, I did recolour the outline, in fact. But I agree it looks kind of lame... so I made this colour and replaced the maroon in the outline with it, does it look any better? http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/Jigglychu2.png

Oh, and I made one of those Cel-shaped things. I think they are dumb and too easy, but what the heck, I'll post it anyways. It's supposed to look like the graphics from games like Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker. All you do on this is add a black outline: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z77/ClaysRequests/Cel-Cacnea.png

Pretty lame, eh?

Btw, elyvorg, are you gonna participate in the contest? Please do. Please? We need everyone to.

SpriteRight3
3rd September 2007, 2:13 PM
I didnt mean for buttfairy to be entered in the contest, but i will actually try and spend some time on one that i will enter. BYE

EDIT: sweet! i didnt know i was a moderator until i looked at front page just now. Aewsome. BYE

fuzyfuz
3rd September 2007, 5:21 PM
Can i join the cllub. I haven't joined any yet and i like to sprite so this was my first choice

krazymudkipkid
3rd September 2007, 5:37 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/krazymudkipkid/elitespritersranks.png

My rank banners if you want them. All the sprites on there are mine, and there's the template if you want to make your own.

Scyther23
3rd September 2007, 9:03 PM
Spriteright, of course the original maker of the ESC gets moderator status on 2.0. =D

fuzyfuz, if you had read the first post, you would know why you are currently being declined. Read it again and follow the instructions, I will give you another chance.

krazymudkipkid, is that an entry for the contest? Because the current contest right now is to design new rankings.... if so, I suggest you read the guidelines and whatnot. If not, they won't be used until the contest is over....

Btw, anyone who enters the contest gets an automatic rank advance... that's how desperate I am for people to enter.

SpriteRight3
9th September 2007, 6:53 PM
Wow six days without a reply, that's a shame. But, when is the contest over? Will I have time to enter an entry?

krazymudkipkid
12th September 2007, 3:39 AM
Yes, it's for the contest.

As for the Arceus guy, you need to PM Scyther.

Lion_animagus
15th September 2007, 4:07 AM
wow, sorry I haven't been on in awhile but shcool and play rehersal have got me busy ^^ who knew 7th grade would be so tough. but any way here is a scratch I did in about 45 minutes - 1 hour http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w248/lion_animagus95/meerkatmon.png it still needs a name and is a ghost/ground type. yes I know it is small and yes the bottom is based off of buizel (but not C/Ped) any suggestions on it or a name?

Scyther23
17th September 2007, 2:06 AM
I'm closing this. I'm into school now, and stuff. I've got a lot going on.

Lion, you're an actor? Sweet. Me too. I've been acting since I was 6, I've been in 13 plays/musicals, 11 of them I have been a main/principal role, and 3 movies. Yeah.

Anyways, with Tap (Dancing, yes I'm a tap dancer), Rehersal (West Side Story), Tennis, Golf, and keeping up at my social life, I'm pretty busy. Whoever makes version 3 can be the new owner.

Anyways, go ahead and close this.

SpriteRight3
18th September 2007, 3:35 AM
Hey clayton, you tap dance?

Lion_animagus
18th September 2007, 9:40 PM
yeah I'm an actor ^^ I've done theater since I was 4 (christmas carol) I'm usually in the chorus though, my bro and sis are usually princibles. but this time I got the part I wanted (wickersham brother) and I'm going to be a rabbi in fiddler on the roof xD.

oh and I also edited the meerkatmon (what I call it, still looking for a name) but aI'm on a different comp right now and can't get to the pic so I'll edit this post later.

Chelc
19th September 2007, 1:42 AM
Scyther23: I know you're busy, but you could have at least taken the time to PM one of us Club Mods to close this. =/ It's alright, though - I found out because someone created a new club already. I'm not angry or anything, I'm just saying, we would not have known about your request to have this closed if that new club had not been created. Though it's good that you acknowledge the fact you don't have time and stuff, so yeah. Thanks for letting everyone know rather than having everyone wonder where you are. :p

Anyways, closed upon owner's request.

//closed
Join the new club here (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=276252).