PDA

View Full Version : Noo!!! What Happened!?!?!?!?!?

Pjtush
27th August 2007, 12:43 AM
SOMETHING REALLY BAD JUST HAPPENED!
I SPENT LIKE 45 MINUTES GOING THROUGH THE SILVER TRENCH DUNGEON AND LUGIA DIDNT JOIN THE TEAM!!
what the heck happened?

PsychedelicJellyfish
27th August 2007, 12:59 AM
If you have more than two small Pokémon on the team, it won't join. If you have a large Legendary on the team it won't join. These are both due to size limits. Or the team leader may not have KO'd it, or you KO'd it with an item or reflected move.

Only reasons I can think of why it wouldn't join.

LugiaGirl
27th August 2007, 1:01 AM
it was either size limits or it just didn't want to join, that happend to me did you have the friend ribbon thing?

Pjtush
27th August 2007, 1:37 AM
my team waas swampert and latios
is that bad?
should i go with salalmance and feraligater?
plz reply!

mewfanforlife
27th August 2007, 4:49 AM
Yes Latios is size 2. 2+1=3 and + Lugia's 4=7. 7 is greater than 6 so you couldn't recruit it.

Shine
27th August 2007, 7:06 AM
Salamence is also size two. You need either two size one pokemon or one size 2 pokemon at the Maximum. Don't forget leader has to land the final blow.

Pjtush
27th August 2007, 1:35 PM
Salamence is also size two. You need either two size one pokemon or one size 2 pokemon at the Maximum. Don't forget leader has to land the final blow.

what if i send swampert back on the 98th floor?
plus
red the i died and need help thread
i need desperate help!

Shine
28th August 2007, 6:12 AM
Yeah, you could do that. I always start out with my team of three and let Starmie go back on floor 98.

nesgirl119
21st September 2007, 7:23 PM
Remember there is always a 0.1% chance that you won't recruit Lugia....and maybe it just happened to land on that unlucky chance.

Jonouchi
21st September 2007, 9:12 PM
Perhaps you went on your first shot. If so, that'll always happen. He can't be recruited on the first shot.

Otherwise, I guess what everyone else said.

Garmmon
22nd September 2007, 2:22 PM
No, Lugia can be recruited on the first trip into Silver Trench.

Remember there is always a 0.1% chance that you won't recruit Lugia....and maybe it just happened to land on that unlucky chance.

That would be impossible. Lugia's recruitment rate is 99.9%...considering that you have to be at least Lv 30-40 to beat Lugia, you would already get a level bonus for recruitment rate which brings recruitment rate up to 100%.

It's the size. Just remember to send your extra buddies back. I sent my Articuno back on B98F on my previous game.

tinypearl32
4th October 2007, 7:12 PM
Like the others said, your party was too big to recruit Lugia, but even if you do everything right (Party size, leader striking the last blow, leader's level, Friend Bow held item) he still might not join your team. I just killed Mewtwo, and he didn't offer to join, so I get to do Western Cave all over again; at least we learn from our first go-throughs of the dungeon and know what to expect!

pikachu_king
4th October 2007, 7:15 PM
mewtwo can't be befriended on the first try, lugia can. there is a difference tinypearl32.

the only reason lugia wouldn't join is:

A. Size
B. finishing move was not your leader.

weavile/perap eater
5th October 2007, 1:12 AM
or
c. if your super unlucky and you dont recruit him