PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like the anime?

UltimateNagash
29th August 2007, 6:36 PM
Why do you like the anime? And please don't use the excuse "because it's Pokemon", or something like that. I would like a well thought out reason behind your views, because I've watched a maximum of three episodes in my life, and found them to be:
a) Very repetitive. The same thing happens every other episode. (or so). And they have the whole Team Rocket thing. I don't find that funny, it's just pathetic.
b) There's no real link between the stories, no real threat at all, and so makes the villains of the episode just, well, rubbish.
c) They constantly cheat...
d) The stories aren't that good, and are overtly simple. So what if it's a 'kids show', they could at least add him some more complicated 'multi-episode' stories...
e) Nobody ever keeps the same Pokemon. Why is that? Only Pikachu is kept between all the series, and that is one of the worst Pokemon ever. Never liked Electric Types really, and I thought it was quite a bad design anyway...
f) I could say more, but hey, I'm tired :D Let the discussions begin...

Venusaur Master
29th August 2007, 6:49 PM
I like the anime because of the different concept than the games, the way the battles are held without stats involved, the way they use a whole feild to battle, the colision of attacks,the way the pokemon use every part of there being to battle well, the personalities of the characters and pokemon

Gravy
29th August 2007, 8:28 PM
I like the animé because it's a lighthearted show based on a selection of interesting creatures featured in video-game that I find enjoyable. Though if you want it shorter and sweeter, 'I watch it for the Pokémon' will suffice.
And while the plotlines may sometimes come off as repetative, that's not what you should be focusing on to be able to enjoy the programe. It's the simple things that happen in between, ie. the things the characters say or do, that salvage the show from the scrap-heap and give it enough charm to be worth tuning into each week.

I’m afraid that's pretty much it. No deep, meaningful paragraphs or shocking revelations from Gravy today.

Poke'T<3
29th August 2007, 8:36 PM
It depends what episodes did u watch u should watch some of the gym battle or contest episodes and episodes where ash catches a pkmn... the main reason for me is its cool how u can see how pokemon are with their trainers for real and the battles dont just depend on stats or anything they use the battlefield and it depends on the trainers smarts they can dodge and its more realistic u only watching three but i enjoy all of them but i am not to into the diamond and pearl episodes as the plots from the earlier ones but the battles look so much cooler now than before

Dattebayo
29th August 2007, 9:47 PM
I like the anime because all starter and evolved Pokemon appear in the wild, and the cute ten year old girls.

Captain Brain
30th August 2007, 3:54 AM
I watch pokemon because it is something I can watch knowing full well there isn't going to be much if any objectionable material. The episodes are great espically when compared to other long-lasting series and I know that new episodes are around the corner. Another reason I enjoy it is for the battles and the once in a while episode that just blows you away. ;025;

DyoRoNeX
30th August 2007, 5:35 AM
Because it's Pokemon.

Well, I actually wouldn't know how to explain it well. It's just that ever since I was little, I've always liked it, and I guess it just has a nostalgia factor on me. I also like just seeing the Pokemon interact and such.

ShinyManafi
30th August 2007, 5:54 AM
Even though sometimes it does get repetive, I mainly watch it because I've been watching it for such a long time. Some of the episodes I do enjoy however, it's not like every episode is boring to me.

Encyclopika
30th August 2007, 6:03 AM
I find something good in every episode I watch. Yes, sometimes I find it repetitive, but what can I expect from a show that's been running so long? Nowadays, I find some things the characters say funny (even titles get funny, e.g: "The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!" and, a favorite, "Getting the Pre-Contest Titters!" XDD) It's also something that's been a part of my life for more than half of it, so I can't really let it go. :(
And I know you have the right to voice your opinions, but I really must say that for such a long series, 3 random episodes isn't gonna tell you much about the show. =\ I could go on disproving the statements you made, but in the end, it really doesn't matter.

~-Overheat-~
30th August 2007, 6:35 AM
Its interesting, Its.....just......Pokemon...dunno how to explain it...its fun.....

UltimateNagash
30th August 2007, 12:35 PM
And I know you have the right to voice your opinions, but I really must say that for such a long series, 3 random episodes isn't gonna tell you much about the show. =\ I could go on disproving the statements you made, but in the end, it really doesn't matter.
3 full episodes... I've watched countless five minute clips... And I mean actually flicking through, oh lets see if its got better. Few minutes later, nope it hasn't... It's gotten worse, again...

And I saw the episode with Roxane (mostly), the Brock gym battle, and most bits of episodes throughout every series... The only bit I found enjoyable in the entire thing was the donut in the first series.
And when I say repetitive, I mean on an episodically basis, not every 20 episodes or something...

But hey, my opinion, your opinion... I'm really just wondering why people actually watch it...

Alkaide
30th August 2007, 7:08 PM
Nostalgia [man, I've been using that word a lot in the past few minutes]. Just watching it makes me feel, I don't know..... I can't describe it, but it reminds me of when I was little and everyone loved Pokémon.

Cobalt_Latios
31st August 2007, 4:55 AM
Let me put it this way, unless you've played the games, there isn't much you will understand from it. In simplest terms: It's a game based show that has survived the test of time by being off of something that has a huge interest in the minds/hearts of kids/pre-teens/and some teens.

Why do I like it? Let's see:

- It's fun to see what Pokémon they'll show and see how exactly they use it in the show.
- The battle mechanics differ so much from the games, yet it's cool to see them in action in ways the we wish we could do in the games.
- The comedy(however dumb and sometimes pointless it may be) has been the lure that has kept me watching it for so long.
- The use of specific game items/locations and such and references to ingame themes/things/events are always fun to hope that the main characters pay mention too(now more often than ever).
- A rare show that provides meaningful themes such as: -friendship, -determination, -trust, -teamwork, and -following ones dreams are rather useful elements to the kids these days.
- Team Rocket breaking the fourth walls at the most opportune times, espescially when it actually is accurate(like the quote in the 3rd episode of D/P, said by Meowth to Dawn: "We've been after Pikachu since you've been alive." The show is ten years old and Dawn is ten years old. A funny reference to that fact).

It's one of those shows that makes us somewhat hate it for screwing things up on what's based on, but love it for doing such funny things with it anyway. For the simple folk.

~C_L~

Crystal Clair
31st August 2007, 5:07 AM
Pokemon's actually gotten better as of late. It's a bit less repetitive. We were surprised a few times recently.

But really, I watch Pokemon because it's a comfort anime, like a comfort food or a comfort book. You can always relax with it and it comforts you to know it wont get bloody or violent like many other anime.
And it's fun to look at everything as innuendo. Pokemopolis sure had loads of fun with this show.

And I love the animation style soooo much. It's not like most anime, yet it's very different from cartoon style.