PDA

View Full Version : Any way to access the chat from a phone?

MondoTR
30th August 2007, 6:22 PM
My phone says I have Java but the chat doesn't show up for me. I go to the page and the box for it is empty. I would d/l mirc or xchat but can't on here. Any suggestions on making the java chat work?

And if the regular chat doesn't work, do you guys still use AIM as an alternative when the chat's down? If so, what's the room or do we make a new one each time?

Mello
31st August 2007, 8:46 AM
I'm not sure about the phone one, but the chat is hardly ever down. All Serebii.net stuff goes on on Dejatoons. I doubt they use AIM.

MondoTR
31st August 2007, 10:47 AM
AIM has been used before when the chat went down.

Ryuusei
31st August 2007, 12:48 PM
Well, don't think so. It hasn't gone down (at least since I joined the chat) so yeah.

Anyway, I think there's a way to access the chat but I'm not sure on how to do it. *sucks at phones* Hope you do manage to get it working though, wouldn't mind having a chat with you on SPP Chat. Sorry I couldn't be of much help~

And if you do manage to get it to work, don't bother er... Visiting SPP-WiFi till you get a computer or something, cause it is a horror.

MondoTR
31st August 2007, 2:01 PM
I'm not saying it has gone down recently or will go down. I just know that sometimes the chat regulars would have an AIM chat. And I was seeing if any of them still do.

Ryuusei
31st August 2007, 2:13 PM
Ah~ Sorry for misunderstanding you there.

I'm not quite sure on that as I'm still quite new to Chat (and the fact that I don't use AIM doesn't help). So yeah. Maybe try and see if you can find the forum members from chat you recognize/talk to and ask (Think you probably did that already though, X_X)?

Erik Destler
3rd September 2007, 3:11 PM
Well, most of the regulars that you may be thinking about don't go there any more. It's all a bunch of new people. :[

Anyways, I'm not too sure if it's working, but you could always try IRC@work or whatever. I used that when I was on my Wii, so I'm sure it could work on a phone.

http://ircatwork.com/

:D

MondoTR
4th September 2007, 4:38 PM
Is the other chan still there?

Anyways, I tried it and I think it partially worked. I could see what I wrote but that's it. Oh well. I appreciate the try, Erik. ^_^