PDA

View Full Version : How to register nicknames - make it more clear.

liquid
5th September 2007, 9:01 AM
The instructions on how to register your nick aren't very specific. For instance I made the mistake of thinking that where it say "email password" you are actually meant to input those things, which I was then automatically banned for writing my email address.

Worse still, I don't know if what I wrote became visible to the rest of Serebii, so I have had to change my password for everything, as it could of been compromised.

So yeah two things, make it more clear please, and can a mod or someone with knowledge of this system tell me, if the system banned me for sending my email address, does that mean it never sent the message?

Thanks.

Kirby
5th September 2007, 9:42 AM
The instructions on how to register your nick aren't very specific. For instance I made the mistake of thinking that where it say "email password" you are actually meant to input those things, which I was then automatically banned for writing my email address.

Worse still, I don't know if what I wrote became visible to the rest of Serebii, so I have had to change my password for everything, as it could of been compromised.

So yeah two things, make it more clear please, and can a mod or someone with knowledge of this system tell me, if the system banned me for sending my email address, does that mean it never sent the message?

Thanks.

If the system banned you, that means that it never sent the message, and you never got your nickname registered.

When you register a nickname, and if you do it right, even if you type it in the same chatroom window, no one will see it but yourself.

When you log on next, type this.

/ns register email password

Do not put anything before the / No spaces, letters, or anything.

For example, if I wanted to register my nickname, Kirby, under my email, which is ffff@hotmail.com (no that is a fake email), and have the password be muffins, I'd type this.

/ns register ffff@hotmail.com muffins

Yea.

liquid
5th September 2007, 4:50 PM
If the system banned you, that means that it never sent the message, and you never got your nickname registered.

When you register a nickname, and if you do it right, even if you type it in the same chatroom window, no one will see it but yourself.

When you log on next, type this.

/ns register email password

Do not put anything before the / No spaces, letters, or anything.

For example, if I wanted to register my nickname, Kirby, under my email, which is ffff@hotmail.com (no that is a fake email), and have the password be muffins, I'd type this.

/ns register ffff@hotmail.com muffins

Yea.

Thank you very much, you've put my mind at rest and explained what I did wrong. I appreciate it. :)

MondoTR
5th September 2007, 7:58 PM
Just a note but if you're ever not on the chat for awhile (a month IIRC), your nick automatically unregisters itself. You can easily get it back by reregistering it if that ever happens.

Kirby
7th September 2007, 7:37 AM
Thank you very much, you've put my mind at rest and explained what I did wrong. I appreciate it. :)

You are most certainly welcome =) I'm glad you understood it XD I suck at explaining things :]

And Mondo, thanks for mentioning that :D I completely forgot haha.

And before I forget, I should mention this. If you register your nickname, and get disconnected, and log back on and find your nickname still in use, you can manually kick it off the server by typing this;

/ns ghost nickname password

And you can also do the same if someone else is on your nickname, too. You can kick them off with that command =)