PDA

View Full Version : When to evolve

Blair
8th September 2007, 7:10 AM
When is the best time to evolve my Charmander and Squirtle on PMD? They are both on level 31.

LUK3
8th September 2007, 7:14 AM
You can evolve any time after defeating rayquaza, evolving wont effect your stats in this game but the gummi feature makes up for that.

Garmmon
8th September 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolving in PMD will do very little to your stats as far as I know, unlike main games where there is a larger increase in stats. If you evolve them, there are certain exclusive moves (like Blast Burn and Wing Attack for Charmander, and hydro Cannon for Blastoise) that can be learned, and an extra type (in Charmander's case). However, they level up and learn moves slower, and getting an extra type may mean more weaknesses.

So actually, there is no real reason to evolve in PMD other than for collecting. So, evolving or staying as your current form can both work out. (most people choose to evolve though.)

(Hey! I had a Charmander and Squirtle too! ^^)

Shine
10th September 2007, 2:36 AM
There isn't much difference, but Blastoise gets better stat gains than squirtle and same with Charizard/charmander, so evolving ASAP will give you the best stats in the end.

Godzilla231
12th September 2007, 6:18 AM
I tell you when.Now.

LUK3
12th September 2007, 6:29 AM
I tell you when.Now.

It really doesn't matter when you do if at all
Apart from special moves and types obtained that way
Which sometimes aren't such a great thing
It really is a matter of opinion.