PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition (022)

Serebii
10th September 2007, 10:10 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S22.jpgPokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition

A Young Boy goes to bed one night and wakes up in the Pokémon world as a Piplup. Being awoken by a Chimchar, he quickly befriends his new PokéFriend. Taking them to the nearby Guild led by Wigglytuff, Piplup decides to join Chimchar on an Expedition. Joined by the guilds Sunflora, they end up under attack from Team RazorWind and then by a Gabite. Can they finish their mission?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/022.shtml)

Discuss

Ze Skarmory
10th September 2007, 10:17 AM
I bet this is gonna be like the last Mystery Dungeon episode, just with diffrent charcters.

Sheik
10th September 2007, 12:27 PM
I really loved the first mystery dungeon episode i've only seen a few pictures of this new episode and it looks pretty good so far I'm glad Gabite will be in this one it's one of my favorite poke'mon.

Jonouchi
10th September 2007, 12:38 PM
Glad Team RazorWind got a good amount of screentime. Shame the main villain Team (Team PoisonRose) didn't even get a mention. But whatever.

Zangoose>>>>>Skuntank, in my book.

I await the dub. =)

ijea4444
10th September 2007, 12:50 PM
The first one was ok but again DUB no matter who dubs it isn't a ything near the orginal. *sighs* if only i knew japenese... ill have to wait the dub or for the subbed version.

ChaosMage
10th September 2007, 4:20 PM
Interesting pics. Gabite seems pretty cool, as does that hint at a possible sequel... I might post more later. I haven't really taken enough notice of MD2 to judge much.

uber gon
10th September 2007, 10:14 PM
;444; using ATTRACT=:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

mystkmastkal
10th September 2007, 11:39 PM
is grovyle a bad person in the game or what?

uber gon
11th September 2007, 4:58 AM
is grovyle a bad person in the game or what?

Apparently it's a "wanted" pokémon in the animé, so maybe it is in the games.

Mileyangel
11th September 2007, 6:19 AM
This is basically the first mystery dungeon episode, but I loved that, and I love Gabite(ultra-cool)

Lucario At Service
11th September 2007, 8:19 AM
Was Piplup really able to see the future whenever it touched Chimchar because thats what i thought when i saw the pics & one more thing can anyone tell me what was the thing Gabite gave them after it got defeated & what did Shinx wanted from them.

Gaiash
11th September 2007, 5:43 PM
Good lord its the same episode. Everyone is a copy of another character from the previous MD special.

Pochamma is Squirtle right down the the bubble attack
Chimchar and.... Sunflora (Why Sunflora?) are Charmander and Chikorita
The new team meanies trio are the old trio
The two electric lions (whos name escape me) are Pichu and Pikachu (They replaced the icon?)
The Kecleon are, well the Kecleon
Shall I go on?

Jonouchi
11th September 2007, 10:04 PM
Chimchar and.... Bellsprout (Why Bellsprout?) are Charmander and Chikorita

It's Sunflora. Seriously, how can you get the two mixed up? 0_0

Grovyle is Alakazam

No proof that he is. You haven't even played the game to come to that conclusion.

The new team meanies trio are the old trio

Again, no proof that they're related. Set-up might be the same, but who's to say they aren't in the games?

At least this special was a little more developed than the last one.

uber gon
11th September 2007, 11:15 PM
I still think Gabite using ATTRACT was seriously LOL.

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th September 2007, 1:15 AM
Grovyle is a phantom thief, Alakazam was a renown hero.

-Starly-
13th September 2007, 12:14 AM
The website now has it. (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon/freemov200709/)

While there were some definite similarities with this and the first PMD special, it was still an enjoyable special. Some points I liked include TALKING BIDOOF (goes off to GameFAQs), Gabite using Attract (lol), and PochaBOI seeing into the future. I was pretty disappointed at the fact they didn't show what happened to Grovyle after he took the Time Gear, and what will happen after the special (because come on, they probably won't be making a series).

Juputoru
13th September 2007, 4:08 AM
It seems like they left this at a cliffhanger, so I hope there's another part to this particular MD series. Probably not going to happen, but I want to see Grovyle dammit!

At least Gabite's interesting enough to be good for now.

Sparkleo
13th September 2007, 6:23 AM
I wanna know about that Wigglytuff. Was that hyper voice she just did? I could see why Bidoof and the other had that 'WTF' moment. OK, maybe not...

Also, Cutie Shinx!

Gaiash
13th September 2007, 9:39 AM
It's Sunflora. Seriously, how can you get the two mixed up? 0_0.
I don't know, I got their names mixed up probably because its not a Pokemon I'm used to mentioning. Either way, why Sunflora of all Pokemon?

No proof that he is. You haven't even played the game to come to that conclusion.
I'm refering to the episode not the game. It seemed like Grovyle was shown in a similar way to Alakazam as the celebrity. That is what I ment. However after seeing Korobooshi Kojiro's post I can see I made a mistake there.

Again, no proof that they're related. Set-up might be the same, but who's to say they aren't in the games?
I'm not refering to the games, I'm refering to the episodes and the episodes alone. The set up being the same is what I was saying.

The games will probably be different but this special is basicly the same as the last one in the sense of plot.

The Big Al
14th September 2007, 11:32 AM
This was a lot like the original only better. Sunflora was a riot. I especially loved her "GABAITO-SAMAAA!" when she was hit with attract. Any Futago Hime fans watching knows where that came from.

Despite Team Razor Wind being a lot like the Meanies they at least had a reason (trying to get into the guild) instead of just being...well meanies.

Gabite wins this episode (despite not having the male notch in his fins. Cheap-a** animators.). He's a whole lot better than Skarmory if not for anything other than his vicious Meromero attack. He was certainly more of a character than "I don' like it".

And of course the twin Kecleon had to return. I hope in the dub they're given the same voices as they had in the original.

And other thing was Piplup's visions of the future when he touched Chimchar. This is begging for a sequel (if not an entire OVA) and I hope they make one.

EmbersBackUpSinger
23rd October 2007, 11:30 PM
I Hope it becomes a series. unlike the first one.

Tyrannotaur
27th April 2008, 5:42 AM
Anyone know where I can watch this? I totally forgot it was on last week.

PM me if necessary.

thanks

Weavile_Striker
7th May 2008, 5:35 AM
Anyone know where I can watch this? I totally forgot it was on last week.

PM me if necessary.

thanks

Having the same problem here. Spaced out that it was airing.

A PM to a link of a working video would be greatly appreciated.

PokemonHero
20th June 2008, 7:33 PM
I don't think a dub of the episode ever did air. I saw nothing anywhere that said a dub did air...

I did see some of the original (with subtitiles). I thought that this was a great special. The characters were awesome and the art style made it feel like the game. I love the fact they included a few of the pieces from the games, modified for real instruments. I really hope that a dub of this comes out, sooner rather than later.

KingRaichu
8th July 2008, 1:09 AM
the terrible bit is they put grovyle in, and yet, like the first PMD episode don't continue the story. They gave u a taste of the uber PMD2 storyline, which would own as an anime, then just dropped it...a bit pathetic.

DanChimchar
10th July 2008, 2:25 AM
I still can't belive the dub is not out yet of the anime it looks so good.

Venusaur Master
27th July 2008, 10:54 AM
the dub just aired in the uk on itv 4 without any warning the tv guide said it was a dp episode, but it was the mystery dungeon 2 special just missed the start of it, it was pretty good

CharizardBlastoise
27th July 2008, 10:58 AM
Same, Here I Came Downstairs And Turned The T.V On And Jigglypuff Was Just Shouting "YOOMTAH!"

Venusaur Master
27th July 2008, 11:04 AM
its a pity i missed grovyle i wonder how they got it before the us

Asrialys
29th July 2008, 5:56 PM
lol Aired the wrong episode? :P

Seviper009
31st July 2008, 1:53 PM
Was it me or did Maddie Blaustein voice Chatot in the dub?? I thought that she was it who voiced him.

PokemonHero
31st July 2008, 1:58 PM
What the...the UK actually got the dub special before the U.S.? That's a bit messed up. But that at least proves there is an English dub of the special. Which means that if someone was able to get a recording of it...

*Runs off*

Deoxys911
17th August 2008, 11:08 PM
(News theme plays.)

This episode has been released in the US now, as a DVD-exclusive. The DVD is packed with the previously released Dialga and Palkia DS lite, as well as a matching carrying case with the same picture of D. and P. on it. I'm not sure when it was released, or where all it is available, but I saw it at a Floridian K-Mart and Wal-Mart today. That is all. D911, signing off. Good night everybody.

(Reality show comes on.)

PokemonHero
25th August 2008, 12:48 PM
^Hey, I annouced that a while ago.

We interrupt Deoxys911's news interruption with an interruption of our own. This Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special will air as part of the Pokemon marathon, Labor Day at 7:30 pm. We now return you to Deoxys911's news interruption.

HoennMaster
26th August 2008, 7:06 PM
What days did this air in other countries?

HoennMaster
26th August 2008, 7:07 PM
What days did this air in other countries?

Cobalt_Latios
1st September 2008, 12:18 AM
Having the same problem here. Spaced out that it was airing.

A PM to a link of a working video would be greatly appreciated.
If you'd like, I could dl the episode, throw it on youtube and give you the link via PM.

I don't think a dub of the episode ever did air. I saw nothing anywhere that said a dub did air...
I remember reading in my Nintendo Power magazine about this, but it seems like it never happened.

I did see some of the original (with subtitiles). I thought that this was a great special. The characters were awesome and the art style made it feel like the game. I love the fact they included a few of the pieces from the games, modified for real instruments. I really hope that a dub of this comes out, sooner rather than later.
I enjoyed it too. Shame I could barely read the damn subtitles.

Also, in case anyone wants to know (I'm not sure if this is everywhere, or just in NA), you can purchase a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl special edition Nintendo DS that has Dialga and Palkia on it (engraved in gold and silver), has a case for it AND it comes with the PMD: Eot/D DVD. Yep, at first I thought it was just the game, but then I reread it and it turned out to be the special. For a nice $139 CAD.

Of course, I'd love to hear it in English.

~C_L~

PokemonHero
1st September 2008, 12:37 AM
I enjoyed it too. Shame I could barely read the damn subtitles.

Yeah, the subtitles were kinda tough to read, but for me, it was fine. I was really more interesting in listening to it in Japanese (as I really have never seen an episode in Japanese before).

Of course, I'd love to hear it in English.

Well, they are finally airing the dub here in the U.S. tomorrow at 7:30 pm. However, I could provide you with some links (that hopefully still work) to it. You may find that you recognize a number of the voices. Drop me a PM if you want the links.

As the dub of this special finally airs tomorrow, I will hold back on my comments about it until it officially airs here in the U.S. Perhaps I will have a different perspective on it after watching it on TV.

Presents
1st September 2008, 2:37 AM
Lol, this is just like the DS game, only on TV. I liked the screens, i'm pretty sure it'll be a good show, can't wait to see it.

If this is REALLY gonna be like the DS game, then I pretty much know half of the stuff thats gonna be in it.... still, it will be fun to watch.

Cobalt_Latios
1st September 2008, 6:29 PM
Well, I'll be honest here; I did dl the episode to view. Yes, it is the english dub. No, I'm not linking you the link to get it. And no, you won't be getting a youtube link either. That's where PMs come in handy ;).

Anyhow, I must say that at first I was a bit surprised to hear who was voicing who, but even more surprised of who they were. Otherwise, it follows the game pretty closely and it was just entertaining to see this re-enactement.

However, once the credits came around, I took note of them. You will shocked to know who's in this special. Here they are (in order that the credits showed it at):

- Billy Beach (a.k.a. Jimmy Zoppi) : voiced Corphish (I think)
- Maddie Blaustein : voiced Chatot.
- Dan Green : voiced Grovyle
- Bella Hudson : not sure here.
- Chad Kessler : ...
- Rachael Lillis : Male Shinx
- Sarah Natochenny : (guessing) voiced Sunflora... maybe not.
- Bill Rogers : probably one of the members of team Razor Wind. Not sure either.
- Marc Thompson : ...
- Tom Warland : ...

But, that's what I got. But, otherwise, yeah decent special shame they won't be continuing it (granted, the game came out in April... and the Jap version came out even earlier... so I doubt it).

Oh well, again PMs go a long way.

p.s. Wigglytuff sounds like Dawn's mother, Johanna... I sware to god it's her!

~C_L~

Cobalt_Latios
1st September 2008, 6:55 PM
Well, I'll be honest here; I did dl the episode to view. Yes, it is the english dub. No, I'm not linking you the link to get it. And no, you won't be getting a youtube link either. That's where PMs come in handy ;).

Anyhow, I must say that at first I was a bit surprised to hear who was voicing who, but even more surprised of who they were. Otherwise, it follows the game pretty closely and it was just entertaining to see this re-enactement.

However, once the credits came around, I took note of them. You will shocked to know who's in this special. Here they are (in order that the credits showed it at):

- Billy Beach (a.k.a. Jimmy Zoppi) : voiced Corphish (I think)
- Maddie Blaustein : voiced Chatot.
- Dan Green : voiced Grovyle
- Bella Hudson : not sure here.
- Chad Kessler : ...
- Rachael Lillis : Male Shinx
- Sarah Natochenny : (guessing) voiced Sunflora... maybe not.
- Bill Rogers : probably one of the members of team Razor Wind. Not sure either.
- Marc Thompson : ...
- Tom Warland : ...

But, that's what I got. But, otherwise, yeah decent special shame they won't be continuing it (granted, the game came out in April... and the Jap version came out even earlier... so I doubt it).

Oh well, again PMs go a long way.

p.s. Wigglytuff sounds like Dawn's mother, Johanna... I sware to god it's her!

~C_L~

thunderblade12
2nd September 2008, 12:53 AM
More 4kids VAs

PokemonHero
2nd September 2008, 1:01 AM
Man, this is so different from watching it on YouTube (You may only get those links by PM'ing me or searching yourself). So now with the U.S. premiere, I will make my comments.

All I can say is that I love this special and would in no way object to a series being made of this. Grovyle is just as awesome here as he is in the game. Pretty much all the characters sounded just like I expected them to (except for Wigglytuff, sounded like a male Johanna). I am very much happy that they kept all the background music for this episode, especially since they were all based off tracks from the game.

Definitely a great special. I may post a little more later on the dub, but I'm being kicked off the computer.

PokemonHero
2nd September 2008, 1:13 AM
Man, this is so different from watching it on YouTube (You may only get those links by PM'ing me or searching yourself). So now with the U.S. premiere, I will make my comments.

All I can say is that I love this special and would in no way object to a series being made of this. Grovyle is just as awesome here as he is in the game. Pretty much all the characters sounded just like I expected them to (except for Wigglytuff, sounded like a male Johanna). I am very much happy that they kept all the background music for this episode, especially since they were all based off tracks from the game.

Definitely a great special. I may post a little more later on the dub, but I'm being kicked off the computer.

Dattebayo
2nd September 2008, 2:01 AM
Well I got to say, this is much better than the first Mystery Dungeon episode. The voices are really decent/good especially Gabite's dubbed voice. I guess I was right about the fact that Grovyle is voiced by Dan Green(A.k.a. Yami Yugi).

AstralEon
2nd September 2008, 3:35 AM
This was a great explorer episode. Much better then the first one. I recognized some voices in the episode. I feel like they should make this into a series. They already have how the story line should go.

Not much to say, only that it was great. Wish they make more of it...

7.5/10

Marcos_PokemonTrainer
2nd September 2008, 4:15 AM
Why say To Be Continued? Is there going to be another Dungeon Special?

Katharina27
2nd September 2008, 5:40 AM
The adventure continues... Just as soon as you go out and pay 40 bucks for the game! ^_^ Yeah, I'm already guilty of that. The game's pretty good but I almost liked the story line better in the previous game. Well, who am I kidding. I liked em both. The point is that we will not get another episode for this series.

Bunearyno.1fan
2nd September 2008, 5:57 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/S22.jpgPokémon Mystery Dungeon - Time & Darkness Expedition

A Young Boy goes to bed one night and wakes up in the Pokémon world as a Piplup. Being awoken by a Chimchar, he quickly befriends his new PokéFriend. Taking them to the nearby Guild led by Wigglytuff, Piplup decides to join Chimchar on an Expedition. Joined by the guilds Sunflora, they end up under attack from Team RazorWind and then by a Gabite. Can they finish their mission?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/specials/022.shtml)

Discuss
Did u see that last night @ 7:00 and 7:30pm?

Brumrha
2nd September 2008, 2:45 PM
I own both PMD games, but I've never managed to watch both of these specials until yesterday; matter of fact, there was so much on TV that I wasn't able to get on the forums yesterday.

So there's no Team Skull? That's great; they're a bunch of SOBs IMO. Also, the one part when Gabite used Attract on Sunflora is the one thing I never saw coming.

Anyway, now that it's out for the US, shouldn't there be a WiFi WM for PMD 2 containing Labyrinth Cave?

Off Topic: Rank up; score!

Faerie
2nd September 2008, 6:04 PM
It was cute, but there were very few other redeeming features to this episode. I was disappointed.

I have never played either of the games, so I'm not one to judge, but I can tell that they did the same thing as the last one and only showed the very first mission of the game. I know it's only a half-hour special, but they could have at least showed snippets of the game. This time they bared a little of the plot, but not enough for it to be interesting, or even for it to seem relevant.

I will admit that they didn't water it down as much in this episode as they did in the previous one. The first two MD games were much more serious than the main franchise, but the episode was basically geared towards five-year-olds. Assuming that Time and Darkness are the same, this one made more sense. Plus the English voice actors didn't sound like they all had a cold this time.

What really bugged me that this was pretty much structured in the exact same way as the episode: Pokemon A meets Pokemon B on beach. Pokemon B says he used to be a human and is not believed. Pokemon A takes Pokemon B with him and they join a team. Pokemon C is concerned about their sibling and the AB team go into a dungeon to help Pokemon C's sibling. On the way they meet Team DEF, who has been beaten up by Pokemon G. Team AB goes and battled Pokemon G, wins, and saves the sibling.

That is what happened in BOTH of the episodes. Come on, guys, you can be a little more original. You don't have to let the games constrain you that much.

I'll just summarize this: it was painfully obvious that this was just a marketing ploy to make you buy the games. Try harder next time.

EDIT: OK, I have to give them credit for the Totoro reference in the opening theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHz3AtQ3HKs). That was nice.

MarshtompMan
2nd September 2008, 6:33 PM
I was stunned speechless when I heard Grovyle's voice.
It just didn't seem right.
And I didn't imagine Chatot's voice like that, but it was okay.
I thought Wigglytuff was a boy, but I guess I was wrong.

It should be a series though.

kasmeargy
2nd September 2008, 6:41 PM
I have never played either of the games, so I'm not one to judge, but I can tell that they did the same thing as the last one and only showed the very first mission of the game.

Actually, the Shinx mission is a wi-fi/password mission. It's not found in the game during the storyline.

Anyway I'd have to say, they did a pretty good job on the voices. The only one I didn't like was Wigglytuff, but I kind of knew he'd have a bad voice.

Meowth-Fan
2nd September 2008, 10:04 PM
I liked the Mystery Dungeon episode. I wish they would make a show off of it.
My favorite part was when Gabite used Attract on Sunflora.
I thought it was weird that Wigglytuff sounded like a girl. Isn't it a boy? :p
8/10.

ShinyCharyZard
2nd September 2008, 10:51 PM
meh, i saw it ages ago....I got the DVD free when i bought the game (I live in England, bought it at Woolworths)

It wasn't as good as the first one...It was very disappointing...

Battra
3rd September 2008, 2:49 PM
Meh it was the same as the first one just upgrade all the characters to D & P Pokemon, but that said it was enjoyable watching.

wobbanut
7th September 2008, 2:12 AM
I didn't like this special any better than the first one. Honestly, I like the normal episodes because they're good for all ages, not these Mystery Dungeon episodes that make me feel like I'm watching a Nick Jr. show.

That being said, this episode was better than "Team Go-Getters", but it still grates on my nerves. The only one I really liked in the whole special was the corphish. :D That guy who does Professor Nanba has a great voice, I'll give him that.

NewBrock
10th September 2008, 10:16 AM

~C_L~

Nope. Not Team Razor Wind. I'm kinda glad that no one was able to guess who I was. It makes me feel more like a vocal chameleon. The unfortunate side effect is that no one knows that I've done what I've done.

:)

jony97
9th October 2008, 4:54 PM
goylae is good

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 2:19 AM
persona;ty I didn't some voiced I hated Chatots voice it sounded way way to nerdy I was hopeing for a parrot voice

Torpoleon
14th October 2008, 9:09 PM
Yay!Another PMD movie!lol,sunflora.But how could they beat a Gabite?

HoennMaster
15th October 2008, 7:01 AM
Bigger doesn't mean better, haven't people figured that out after 10 years?

Shiny qwilfish of doom
15th October 2008, 10:02 PM
Yay!Another PMD movie!lol,sunflora.But how could they beat a Gabite?

just skill,i guess

GDE
27th October 2008, 7:20 AM
I wish they made a PMD animated series, instead of just 2 specials :(

sweet_piplup123
31st October 2008, 11:16 AM
I know, I love PMD specials :D
Gabite's Attract was freaking classic :D

Endoplasmic Reticulum
23rd November 2008, 2:38 AM
Is it just me, or did gabite sound like Dr. Eggman from sonic X.

TurtwigFan1
10th December 2008, 7:05 PM
I love the PMD specials, they should make it into a series. Attract was hilarious, Sunflora cracked me up so much!

gtab x3
27th January 2009, 8:47 PM
This was a great episode, got the dvd with the pokemon ds, and my little sister, always begs me to watch it. this never gets old. wish they would actually update or add on to these episodes.

Asrialys
16th September 2009, 5:34 PM
Does anyone have this special on DVD? If so, is there a region encoding on it?

Vernikova
10th October 2009, 12:05 AM
I hated Sunflora so much. It was really annoying throughtout the special. Personally, I like Dawn's Piplup better than this one.

pokedexfiller
10th October 2009, 3:10 PM
i liked it, but i wish they would have continued with go-getters instead

TicoPokemonMaster
10th October 2009, 5:16 PM
Can someone explain to me the thing about Piplup and Grovyle being from the future. Was Grovyle a human as well? Because he said a few things that made it seem like he was. First he said that he and Piplup had study the unown text in the future, and He also said that when he first arrived in the planet he enjoyed the sunset. I haven't played the game so I don't really know what is going on there.

Battra
10th October 2009, 8:22 PM
Once again we take a trip in to the world of the Pokemon Rescue Teams, this time with a Chimchar, Piplup, & Sunflora. Nice seeing Maddie Blaustein and Rachael Lillis return to lend their vocal talents. It was a good episode, I like how they purposely design them so you want to play the game to find out more about the story.

Lorde
6th January 2010, 8:32 AM
It was very good. Much closer to the actual games than the first PMD special at least.

Liked that Piplup, Chimchar, and Sunflora teamed up to aid Shinx's sister. Gabite being voiced by Billy Beach was expected. He voices every other character nowadays.

I liked that Meowth's 4Kids VA returned to voice Chatot. Her last Pokemon dubbing job...R.I.P Maddie. 9/10

Ash-kid
6th January 2010, 8:52 AM
Great episode, i loved to see how Chimchar and Piplup handle well vs the Gabite.

And i liked to see the Sunflora.

8/10

CliveKoopa
31st October 2010, 8:02 PM
Both this and Go-Getters are quite good. These Mystery Dungeon spin-offs could have been great if they were actual series. It's also quite interesting how the pokemon have human-like personalities and unlike the actual pokemon world, you do get bad pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon world.

Piplup-Luv
24th November 2010, 10:59 PM
I loved this episode greatly. Especialy the part with Gabite using attract.

However, there were a few things that I didn't like about it:

1. Grovyle's voice actor wasn't the best choice. He sounded kinda annoying and weird.

2. Why is Grovyle amazed when time stops? Doesn't he already know that it will before he came to the past?

3. I don't think bringing Sunflora into the mission was a good idea at all

4. Chatot says the guild gets the reward when in the game they only get most of the money you get and not items.

But dispite these facts I loved the episode a lot^^

Painkiller2001
3rd December 2010, 1:03 AM
This was the first PMD special I've ever seen. It was quite a treat to witness Pokemon in a way I've never witnessed before.

It's like Pokemon meets Digimon, without the kids in either of them.

It's been a while since i last saw it so I can't give a too detailed description of what I thought, so...

I will say one part I liked that I remember:
Gabite in this special is one cool character!

G50
1st March 2011, 6:53 PM
I liked this special episode. The best of the 3 Mystery Dungeon episodes to me. I like how it follows the storyline of the Games as well. Sunflora was very funny in this episode, and Wigglytuff is always fun to watch and listen to with her actions. It was cool to see Gabite in this episode, he was very strong. It was cool to see Gabite using Attract on Sunflora. It was great to see the 2 Kecleon as well.

80/100

hawkmbl
7th May 2011, 1:53 PM
I really liked this episode. I actually thought when this finally aired on CN it would cover up to the ice cave section in the games. I was wrong though, seeing how it only was based on the beginning. I found it funny that Gabite used attract on Sunflora. It was like she was blind the whole time she was possessed. Good thing they made a sequel to this (but WHY couldn't they start where they left off instead of a plot hole)

Kutie Pie
9th January 2012, 10:13 PM
Oh gosh, just watched it last night because I have Explorers of Darkness...

I almost couldn't take it seriously. The moment Grovyle spoke in Dan Green's voice, I tried my hardest not to laugh. It's so awkward seeing the other Pokémon speak even when we're so used to Meowth and the occasional other. I actually hadn't realized the old cast did the voices until I heard Maddie as Chatot. I'm a bit disappointed Wigglytuff had a female voice, but at least it was deep, even if it was still obvious.

The moment Gabite did his Attract on Sunflora, I pretty much died. It's just so... awkwardly funny to be taken seriously.

Still, I did find myself liking it. I wish I knew where to watch the other episode, though.