PDA

View Full Version : TR Radio Dramas Discussion

MondoTR
12th September 2007, 2:32 AM
I made this thread because every ep has a thread but the dramas get no love. And even though I've only heard "A White Tomorrow", this is for both dramas because they both need love. And Madame Boss and Miyamoto are cool too. ;P

I could get a synopsis from another site for these but Joe probably won't allow it. He won't even allow one on SPP. :( However, if anyone wants a summary, I can at least do AWT. I own the CD and I understand enough Japanese to at least get the gist of what's happening.

Kamex
12th September 2007, 7:53 PM
I never understood why those weren't dubbed and debuted in America in some way. Even though they weren't an integral part of the Pokemon anime as far as I understand them, I do still feel like I'm missing an interesting part of Team Rocket's history.

BTW, I have a couple questions. First, what exactly is a tv/radio drama, is it completely different than an episode of a television program? And also, what were the two dramas? I guess one was the one about Team Rocket, and the other one...?

ImJessieTR
13th September 2007, 6:13 AM
Well, as I understand it, it was mainly like a prequel to the first movie and such...

MondoTR
13th September 2007, 9:40 AM
First, what exactly is a tv/radio drama, is it completely different than an episode of a television program?
Basically it's an episode with audio only. Though the CDs are accompanied by booklets with pics and such. Too bad mine didn't have it. :(

And also, what were the two dramas? I guess one was the one about Team Rocket, and the other one...?
Both were about Team Rocket.

"A White Tomorrow" is about what happens to J, J, and M when they land after blasting off. Mondo delivers them food and a new balloon and helps them get prepared to go back after Pikachu. I'll go more in depth once I listen to it again.

I don't remember the name of the other one but it's about Madame Boss and Miyamoto. Madame Boss is Giovanni's mom and the previous TR boss. Miyamoto is Jessie's mom and a high ranking TR member. They complain about their kids at one point (I think Gio's a teen and Jessie's a little after kindergarten, IIRC). They listen to a recording that proves Mew is in some mountain range (I think). Miyamoto is sent on a mission to capture it. She never returned. I think I remember hearing someone saying that somewhere in the CD it says it was set about twenty years before the anime. I've never listened to that one so if someone can add a better summary and/or confirm what I've said it'd be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Alzatia
15th September 2007, 6:12 AM
I also have the CD drama..thou since my japanese is terrible I can't make out most of what they are saying. xD But yes I think it is set 20 years before the beggining of the anime. And back then TR was more of a business kind of thing or something instead of the criminal org. we know it as now. o.o And if scans of the booklet is needed I can get 'em up tommorow. o.o

martianman40
16th September 2007, 5:35 AM
I've heard both CD dramas. too bad I don't understand a word they say.

Dogasu
16th September 2007, 6:09 AM
I never understood why those weren't dubbed and debuted in America in some way.

Can you imagine ten-year old American kids sitting down to listen to an audio-only story?

Me neither.

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th September 2007, 6:43 AM
I would have. Heck, I grew up on some (to this day, I still hear Winnie the Pooh being read by Carol Channing).

They could easily dub them and package them with something else.

Dogasu
16th September 2007, 7:22 AM
You also grew up in the early 1980's. You didn't have Playstation and the Internet competing for your attention the way kids do these days.

Blackjack Gabbiani
17th September 2007, 7:39 AM
I had 8-Bit Nintendo and Intellivision, though. Not to mention I was a voracious reader, so I had a lot of books to distract me.

ImJessieTR
17th September 2007, 2:17 PM
This (http://www.trsrockin.com/white2mrw_1.html) might help for White Tomorrow. TR Rose used to have scripts for all of them, I thought, but I guess not...

MondoTR
17th September 2007, 3:06 PM
Heh, I've read that before. I was thinking of linking to it but Joe doesn't like advertising.

I guess I don't need to do a synopsis anymore. Ironic since I finally had the time to do it today.

BTW, those audio stories with a stuffed animal reading to you are still being made. A girl I baby-sit has one.

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2007, 8:11 PM
Yeah, but I don't think a radio "drama", would be popular in Pokemon's niche.