PDA

View Full Version : Real fish in Anime

buneary dude
13th September 2007, 12:43 PM
Buneary dude here! Just thought I'd ask people a question. In the older Pokemon episodes when Ash and friends got sunkin in a ship, Ash looked out the window and there were real fish! And just a Pokemon episode yesterday when Misty's a mermaid. Pikachu and Togepi were looking in an aquarium and there were real fish again! Please tell me what is the deal with real fish in the show.

Pokemon__
13th September 2007, 12:47 PM
When they made those episodes they had some real animals, like when they first showed Ash's Pidgeotto it was eating a worm, or a mongoose beating up Jessie's Ekans in Maiden's Peak. As the show developed, the writers didn't want real life animals, so they don't appear now.

Okay? :D

buneary dude
13th September 2007, 12:57 PM
Oh I get it! They're probably not doing that now because they are more Pokemon. Well yah I just don't think it would make since if real animals that were in "The Pokemon World". Well thanks I get it now.

Venusaur Master
13th September 2007, 5:59 PM
back then the writers just didnt know how to setup the series on wether to have a mixture of real creatures and pokemon. eg: fish

Red
14th September 2007, 6:52 AM
It's weird.. I know, but it's before the series really kicked off.

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th September 2007, 10:21 AM
Meowth still mentions "fried chicken" every now and then.

kewlmyc
14th September 2007, 12:36 PM
Meowth still mentions "fried chicken" every now and then.

Mmm... Fried Torchic.

silverdragonlaura
15th September 2007, 3:34 AM
wait.... if real animals don't exist in pokemon then...!

OMG!!!!
what are they eating?!?!

cryotem
15th September 2007, 4:00 AM
well heres an answer to everyones questions.
You see, pokemon and real animals live in harmony. Its just that pokemon apper more than real animals. That or the writers didnt think this pokemon stuff through.

Tbone2356
15th September 2007, 5:12 AM
wait.... if real animals don't exist in pokemon then...!

OMG!!!!
what are they eating?!?!

Rice Balls, but if they're lucky, Ash and Co. can get a sub sandwhich from 4kids!

Dark Arceus
15th September 2007, 8:28 AM
I wonder what the pokemon food Brock is always making contains?

~-Overheat-~
15th September 2007, 1:09 PM
WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!

*sighs*

HommeDor
17th September 2007, 12:10 AM
ooooh... shellder soup with pidgey bits.... mmm i think i am pokéterian

Tbone2356
17th September 2007, 1:58 AM
Lol at these foods ^^

But seriously I think everyone on Pokemon is a vegetarian. I've only seen them eat noodles, ramen, rice balls, some sort of chowder that Brock makes and soup.

Maybe the fishes in Cerulean Gym's water tanks are 5th Gen Pokes!? Lol.

silverdragonlaura
17th September 2007, 2:09 AM
Lol at these foods ^^

But seriously I think everyone on Pokemon is a vegetarian. I've only seen them eat noodles, ramen, rice balls, some sort of chowder that Brock makes and soup.

Maybe the fishes in Cerulean Gym's water tanks are 5th Gen Pokes!? Lol.

I all i had to eat was rice balls and ramen i'd eat my own pokemon. (just kidding, i would never do that.)

;260; who would eat this cute lil' thing?

MayisCool
17th September 2007, 8:21 AM
Did you forget the episodes were they talk about eating pokemon?

Corzola
17th September 2007, 12:49 PM
Farfetch or what that bird Pokemons name was, didn´t they say that species was almost exctint? So some people must eat Pokemon. However I am not sure if those things from the earlier seasons still are canon.

Power of Fire
17th September 2007, 12:56 PM
k,kanto
f,fried
c,combusken...........

maybe because its an aquarium??

silverdragonlaura
19th September 2007, 5:03 AM
Did you forget the episodes were they talk about eating pokemon?

WHAT?! They actually talked about eating pokemon! which episode?

^^Yoshinichi^^
19th September 2007, 7:32 AM

In the S.S. Anne two-parter,they got so hungry on that raft they wanted to eat Team Rockets Magikarp!

Unfortunately,it's body was rock hard. Scales and all.

lucario36
19th September 2007, 8:24 AM
if there are no animals in the pokemon world...why is pikachu described in the pokedex as the 'mouse pokemon' ? or Pidgey as tiny 'bird' ? or ekans as 'snake' ? and TONZ MORE!
I think there ARE animals in the pokemon world...they're just not shown to make you focus more on the pokemon....i think.. :S

Power of Fire
19th September 2007, 8:39 AM
^ Nice Point.....

lucario36
19th September 2007, 8:41 AM
Thanx :) i thought so too!
Plus i remember watching an ep where they ate fish!..they were shown on a plate with those X _ X eyes....that made me laugh....So im SURE there ARE animals in the pokemon world... ;)

itsme
19th September 2007, 8:47 AM
Proof of animals: Firered Raichu's dex says that even a slight contact with Raichu can cause a Indian Elephant faint.

lucario36
19th September 2007, 9:12 AM
isnt that gastly's pokedex entry?? oh well...its only MORE PROOF! ;)

silverdragonlaura
20th September 2007, 4:21 AM
In the S.S. Anne two-parter,they got so hungry on that raft they wanted to eat Team Rockets Magikarp!

oh yeah... i remember that now...
but i wonder if the pokemon eat each other?
(well there was this one time where pidgeotto tried to eat caterpie...)

SpoinkDude
21st September 2007, 11:41 PM
if there are no animals in the pokemon world...why is pikachu described in the pokedex as the 'mouse pokemon' ? or Pidgey as tiny 'bird' ? or ekans as 'snake' ? and TONZ MORE!

Well, the reason for this could be that Pokemon might be more advance versians of the animals, mice, snakes and tiny birds could all be old, less powerful, extinct creatures in the Pokemon world, if you think about it, Pokemon is set in the future, notice how they dont use cars to prevent global warming!?

Blackjack Gabbiani
21st September 2007, 11:59 PM
notice how they dont use cars to prevent global warming!?

There's been tons of cars before. JJ&M have used them, Gary and his cheerleaders drove around in one, there's a fleet of them going to the Hale mansion at the end of movie 3, Ash accidently caused a traffic jam in one of the Seafoam episodes...I could go on.

Incarnati0n
22nd September 2007, 12:09 AM
i know this is the animé department, but i tought it would be a cool fact that there's a manga with a dog in it.

chamo-chan
22nd September 2007, 12:56 AM
I think there ARE animals in the pokemon world...they're just not shown to make you focus more on the pokemon....i think.. :S

I agree with that point.

Ledundead
29th September 2007, 3:32 AM
Maybe there are no animals in Japan? What if they import them from China and stuff? All of the pokemon in the world live in Japan. What if POKEMON IS BASED ON THE REAL JAPAN, BUT THEY KEPT POKEMON A SECRET!!!!11!!!!ELEVEN!!!!1
J/K, but I believe Pokemon in Japan out adapted normal creatures, and normal creatures migrated out to China and Hawaii. Darwin would be so proud.

Kim62
29th September 2007, 3:57 AM
I think the world is in harmony with people, pokemon animals and plants
people eat the animals and plants
animals eat other animals and plants
pokemon eat other pokemon and plants
and plants use photosythasis unless they are like venus fly traps or something in which they eat bugs (but not bug pokemon)

Of course this would be true but now in days the people who make the show, game ect... Are trying to make it so that the public thinks there are no animals in the world and that the people their eat pokemon. (Ex: In Cavalave Libray there is a book about people eating pokemon and such)
But it is some what late for making the public think that since there have been to many incidences with animals and food made of animals such as fish, ham and other foods.

For a final note:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/coolcatkim22/animalsinpokemon.png

F0xH0und7
29th September 2007, 5:52 AM
just this morning was the episode ash battled misty in the cerulean gym and in the aquarium were real live fish! i couldnt keep my eyes off them and asked the same question! XD

here's my question though: how can they classify pokemon as birds or fish or mice or whatever if it is a pokemon world? how does anyone know what these things are?

edit: beaten by tbone... B(

thunderblade12
29th September 2007, 6:07 AM
pokemon prey on other pokemon

they never actually showed a pokemon killing another but they did come pretty close a few times

1. charizard almost died when he battled the other charizard in the charcific valley, clone charizard and poliwrath

2. caterpie/metapod/butterfree: almost got eaten by pidgeoto, almost got split in two by pinser(did get split in two in ashs imagination) and got impaled by beedrill

only one of these 6 examples involves a pokemon eating another but thats enough to help us assume that pokemon eat other pokemon

chamo-chan
29th September 2007, 4:06 PM
I think the world is in harmony with people, pokemon animals and plants
people eat the animals and plants
animals eat other animals and plants
pokemon eat other pokemon and plants
and plants use photosythasis unless they are like venus fly traps or something in which they eat bugs (but not bug pokemon)

Of course this would be true but now in days the people who make the show, game ect... Are trying to make it so that the public thinks there are no animals in the world and that the people their eat pokemon. (Ex: In Cavalave Libray there is a book about people eating pokemon and such)
But it is some what late for making the public think that since there have been to many incidences with animals and food made of animals such as fish, ham and other foods.

For a final note:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/coolcatkim22/animalsinpokemon.png

That is a good way of putting it, I'm good in Biology, so this sounds alot like the food chain and ecosystem.
I Also read that legend in the Canalave Library, it said something about people eating pokemon.

Treecko Girl
29th September 2007, 5:03 PM
I remember in one episode when Ash was complaining of a sore stomach, he said something like, "...I had five hamburgers!!"
Perhaps they do eat Pokémon.
Y'know, Tauros and Miltank=cows.
I mean, people milk Miltank in the animé, so there's nothing stopping people from eating them.

chamo-chan
29th September 2007, 5:55 PM
You're right, if they can drink Miltank Milk, they could probably eat them too.

Flama the foxangel
29th September 2007, 6:37 PM
The pokemon are the animals in Pokemon. In the first season they just had 150, so they didn't have many aquatic pokemons and they added normal fish because they thought that people would think that they are other kind of Pokemons that don't appear in the Pokedex.

And the people there eat pokemon when they eat meat. They eat Farfechds, Spoinks, Tauros, Grumpigs, Torchicks, Magikarps, Goldeens and any other pokemon that tastes delicious <3
The pokemons eat berries.

Asarath365
29th September 2007, 8:43 PM
I'd love to some kfc (kentuckey fried blasiken)

Asarath365
29th September 2007, 8:43 PM
I'd love to eat some kfc (kentuckey fried blasiken)

Ledundead
30th September 2007, 6:09 AM
Kanto Fried Combusken.

Jamie_Trainer
3rd October 2007, 6:05 AM
They also spoke of how Farfetch'd are a delacacy and its very delicious.
EP "So near yet so Farfetch'd"

Ledundead
4th October 2007, 1:30 AM
Either way, we may never know/

thunderblade12
4th October 2007, 1:37 AM
bad fanfic: may kills and eats her combusken and gains its powers

arcanestrawberry
10th October 2007, 7:49 PM
...no wonder starters are rare.

RagTag
11th October 2007, 6:33 AM
you guys are making me hungry All of a sudden I feel like having KFC (Kentucky Fried Combusken) also did anyone notice thay james and meowth tried to eat magikarp before?

Anaya
11th October 2007, 6:36 AM
It doesn't really matter does it? The animaters decided to put fish, so heck, they put fish.

Turak
11th October 2007, 6:42 AM
Well, as proof that pokemon eat pokemon (more or less) one of the old Ekans cards talks about Ekans eating pidgy eggs. Hold on a minute. That was before johto. Pokemon egg omelets became illigal when Ash and co went to Johto so the writters actually had eggs to work with. Speaking of egg omelets, James wanted to make a meal out of Togepi's egg before it hatched.

Ledundead
11th October 2007, 11:43 PM
Quite. It looks like animals and pokemon both exist.

TheLegendObsesser
12th October 2007, 4:47 AM
If I were on the pokemon world, I would be vegitarian XP

Bad movie/episode idea involving animals: Raikou fights an earth tiger
^eep.

Maybe Earth spaceship flies the meat to the pokemon world XD

Ledundead
14th October 2007, 2:11 AM
Pkmn world is Japan. They import american food.

Shadow Lucario
14th October 2007, 7:01 AM
Pokemon eat other Pokemon. In Pideotto's Red and Blue version Pokedex it says that they eat Magikarp. I think it was Red and Blue but I know it said that somewhere

Cobalt_Latios
14th October 2007, 7:49 AM

Yup that one and the one when Ash catches Krabby. I remember his fear of Prof. Oak possibly preparing it as Tofu that he had to check in with him to make sure it hadn't become "seafood"(not sure if it was before or after the Magikarp episode). But yes, back in the good ol' days when they though certain Pokémon were edible.

It actually makes me wonder if the burgers they're eating is also just specially prepared tofu. Then again, the Anime has never been consistent with anything. The real fish is just something they did to "fill in the blanks" back when the animation was just getting started.

The whole, "what is they're food made of" also falls under this category: "when do the main characters go to the washroom?"

Stuff you really shouldn't think to hard into.

~C_L~

silverdragonlaura
20th October 2007, 1:57 AM
That is a good way of putting it, I'm good in Biology, so this sounds alot like the food chain and ecosystem.
I Also read that legend in the Canalave Library, it said something about people eating pokemon.

Oh yeah! in the Canalave Library in the Video game they do mention that the pokemon almost went extinct or something because they were hunted down for food.