PDA

View Full Version : Battle Frontier with more of its game elements

uber gon
14th September 2007, 5:33 AM
If the Battle Frontier had more of its game elements, how would you have reacted?

CyberCubed
14th September 2007, 5:40 AM
Depends mostly on the battles.

I would have really liked to see Ash and co. go through Lucy's Battle Tube thing, its a real shame that didn't happen.

Anonymous Trainer
14th September 2007, 5:44 AM
I kind of wanted to see Ash use rentals against Noland, however it's already been showcased way back in first season. The game rules for the Battle Palace would have been interesting.

Drkecho
14th September 2007, 5:54 AM
Its a shame. They took something that could've been a good idea. But instead they treated them as if they were a normal gym. But I guess some of them were better off the way they were shown. I mean can you imagine how boring it would've been waiting for the tournament at the Battle Dome. Hmm, was really looking forward to seeing a adventure in the Battle Pyramid. Sadly I was let down.

uber gon
14th September 2007, 6:04 AM
Its a shame. They took something that could've been a good idea. But instead they treated them as if they were a normal gym. But I guess some of them were better off the way they were shown. I mean can you imagine how boring it would've been waiting for the tournament at the Battle Dome. Hmm, was really looking forward to seeing a adventure in the Battle Pyramid. Sadly I was let down.

Yeah, the Battle Pyramid could've been a chance for Ash to use 6 pokémon instead of 4.

Kamex
14th September 2007, 7:02 PM
Having all the gyms be the way they were in the games would have been nice.

But I guess some of them were better off the way they were shown. I mean can you imagine how boring it would've been waiting for the tournament at the Battle Dome.
Actually, if they did it right, it could've been okay. They could have had some interesting character dominate the tournament every day or something, and then Ash comes in they can show him win a battle, and a couple other people win a battle, but then kinda skip through the rest until Ash's final confrontation with the dominating-character, which is where he puts him in his place and wins a symbol.

Anyway, besides having the battles similar to the games, I would've enjoyed the season more if it was actually in a large place called Battle Park (it seemed to be an amusement park-based place, which was nice). It would've been cool to see them have their adventures in this one interesting place the whole season. I mean, putting them in Kanto without meeting any old characters or places was completely pointless IMO.

uber gon
14th September 2007, 7:05 PM
Having all the gyms be the way they were in the games would have been nice.

Actually, if they did it right, it could've been okay. They could have had some interesting character dominate the tournament every day or something, and then Ash comes in they can show him win a battle, and a couple other people win a battle, but then kinda skip through the rest until Ash's final confrontation with the dominating-character, which is where he puts him in his place and wins a symbol.

Anyway, besides having the battles similar to the games, I would've enjoyed the season more if it was actually in a large place called Battle Park (it seemed to be an amusement park-based place, which was nice). It would've been cool to see them have their adventures in this one interesting place the whole season. I mean, putting them in Kanto without meeting any old characters or places was completely pointless IMO.

Yeah, it was pretty pointless, huh.

CyberCubed
14th September 2007, 10:37 PM
Well they did visit Mt. Moon and Pewter Gym, at least.

And the Grand Festival technically took place at the Indigo Plateau.

Drkecho
14th September 2007, 11:53 PM
Actually, if they did it right, it could've been okay. They could have had some interesting character dominate the tournament every day or something, and then Ash comes in they can show him win a battle, and a couple other people win a battle, but then kinda skip through the rest until Ash's final confrontation with the dominating-character, which is where he puts him in his place and wins a symbol.I'd probably go wrong somewhere in the plot. Plus you'd always know that at the end it will be Tucker hes facing off with

Anyway, besides having the battles similar to the games, I would've enjoyed the season more if it was actually in a large place called Battle Park (it seemed to be an amusement park-based place, which was nice). It would've been cool to see them have their adventures in this one interesting place the whole season. I mean, putting them in Kanto without meeting any old characters or places was completely pointless IMO.That would've shortened the season by a lot. The Battle Park isn't that big. And instead of having useless filler episodes we would have Frontier Brain after Frontier Brain. It'd be good at first but it will just tire out

uber gon
15th September 2007, 12:07 AM
Well they did visit Mt. Moon and Pewter Gym, at least.

And the Grand Festival technically took place at the Indigo Plateau.

Yeah, but some returning characters would've been nice.

Drkecho
15th September 2007, 2:14 AM
Yeah, but some returning characters would've been nice.We did have Misty show up for a little while...

~-Overheat-~
15th September 2007, 12:40 PM
I would have liked the Battle Park....

martianman40
16th September 2007, 5:28 AM
They try and make it more realistic so that you can relate to them. However ash's abilities stayed the same, making him exceedingly pathetic.

Thought I might point that out.

uber gon
16th September 2007, 6:33 AM
We did have Misty show up for a little while...

I was referring to the old filler characters. Misty and Tracy (particularly Tracy) are main characters, so they're gonna be shown more anyway.

ShinyManafi
16th September 2007, 7:42 AM
I myself was hoping that for the Battle Palace instead of just battling, they let the pokemon battle themselves.

ChaosMage
16th September 2007, 5:18 PM
They could have added contests to the Battle Park very easily, expanded the roles of the Brains, given Ash a rival, put a Team Rocket plot in, and add other attractions to the park- all enough to make a bloody good saga!

Sir Devious
17th September 2007, 3:08 AM
They should have had more old characters. It really didn't even seem like old school Kanto. =/

uber gon
17th September 2007, 6:25 PM
I myself was hoping that for the Battle Palace instead of just battling, they let the pokemon battle themselves.

Yeah, that would've been so cool.