PDA

View Full Version : A-Maze-ing Race! (514)

Serebii
14th September 2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/514.jpgMaze Shuffle! Everybody Hustle!

On their way to Hearthome City, Ash & Co. find a contest in which the winner can earn a new Pokétch Application. Dawn, eager to get a new one insists that they all take part. The task? Get through a Maze on time. However, Team Rocket get in the way intent on stealing some Pokémon. Will Ash & Co. get through the maze safely/

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/514.shtml)

Discuss

Dogasu
14th September 2007, 3:05 PM
Wow Serebii, that episode description is way off...

Here's the synopsis I posted in the Speculation Thread:

-The episode starts with Hikari running ahead of Satoshi and Takeshi to get the newest Poketch model. However, at this time, no one knows what the new model is.
-The gang arrives at the Pokemon Center, but they're told they're at the wrong one! The Pokemon Center they need to go to is on the other side of the mountain!
-As Joi tells them where the Pokemon Center is, Takeshi starts to flirt with Joi. Gureggru appears and uses Poison Jab, but Takeshi actually dodges it! The scene ends with Satoshi and Hikari carrying Takeshi off while Gureggru just sort of stands there.
-The gang starts running along a mountainous path when they're approached by Musashi-tachi in disguise. The three tell them that they're the 100th visitor (or something like that) to the area, so they invite them into a detour that will get them to the Pokemon Center faster. Kojirou also gives a map to Hikari to use.
-Before letting Hikari and the others continue into the cave, however, Musashi-tachi ask everyone to release their pokemon so they can all take a big group picture. Unknown to our heroes, the Rocket trio has a net hanging above them, waiting to be dropped.
-Suddenly, the cave starts to rumble, and a group of Golone and Golonya roll past our heroes! After the dust clears, our heroes are nowhere to be found! Kojirou wonders what they'll do now, but Musashi says that they'll be easier to catch now that they're separated.
-Next, we see Hikari walking through the cave by herself, holding Kojirou's map. As she looks around, scared, she sees a pair of glowing eyes that look a lot like Gureggru's...
-Elsewhere, Satoshi is seen with a number of tunnels in front of him. The trainer stops for a minute before choosing the one on the left. The tunnel leads outside, where he sees a giant labyrinth. On top of one of the stone walls is Satoshi's rival, Shinji! The trainer from Tobari City is busy trying to capture an Onidrill, but when Satoshi calls out to him to ask if he's seen the others, the pokemon escapes! An angry Shinji tells Satoshi that he doesn't have time for him and walks off. As Satoshi is left standing there, he has a humorous vision of Hikari having Iwaku use a Wrap attack on her. The trainer decides to continue through the maze so he can reunite with his friends.
-As Satoshi continues through the maze, Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu wait for him, disguised as boulders. The Rocket trio position themselves on a cross-shaped path in a way that forces Satoshi to go forward. Once Satoshi passes by, Kojirou moves so that the next person who comes by is forced to turn left. Pikachu arrives at the intersection and turns left, separating itself from Satoshi even more than it already was.
-Musashi and Kojirou, undetected by Pikachu, are about to chase after the mouse pokemon when the herd of Golone and Goronya roll past. After they go by, an Iwaku charges through and hits the trio, causing the Rocket-Dan to be sent blasting off.
-Back at the exit to the cave, Hikari and Gureggru emerge. Hikari spots Shinji, who's still trying to capture Onidrill. She asks him if he's seen Satoshi and Takeshi but gets yelled at for distracting him. Hikari takes a path into the labyrinth and Shinji resumes his capture. However, at that moment, Takeshi, along with Mukubird, Aipom, and Naetle, all appear and ask him if he's seen his friend! An upset Shinji wonders why everyone keeps interrupting him...
-After Shinji storms off, Takeshi asks Mukubird to fly over the labyrinth to see if it can spot his friends.
-Elsewhere, Pikachu comes across Mimirol and Pipinku, who are arguing amongst themselves. After breaking up the fight, Pikachu carries Pipinku on its back and grabs ahold of Mimirol's hand to get it to come with them. However, when it does this, Mimirol starts to blush.
-Meanwhile, Hikari and Gureggru press on through the maze. Suddenly, the Iwaku that attacked the Rocket-Dan comes rampaging straight for Hikari! Gureggru, thinking quickly, uses its Poison Jab to create a crack in the wall and then pushes Hikari into it at the last second. Iwaku pases them by as Hikari, dazed by what just happened, thanks Gureggru for saving her.
-We then see a scene with Pikachu, Mimirol, and Pipinku, all getting along.
-Next, we see Satoshi arrive at a dead end. He swears, however, that he'll reunite with his friends if it's the last thing he does!

-----Commercial Break-----

-Satoshi continues to press forward. He comes across Potchama, Buoysel, Usokki, and Pachirisu. Potchama and Buoysel are arguing, Usokki is nervously stamping its feet, and Pachirisu starts to tear up. Satoshi runs up to the pokemon to stop the fighting, but an emotional Pachirisu accidentally shocks everyone!
-Suddenly, the Iwaku from before makes its way toward Satoshi! The young trainer orders Potchama to use Bubble attack while he orders Buoysel to use Water Gun. After defeating the rock snake pokemon, the two water-type pokemon high-five each other.
-Above, Mukubird continues to search for its comrades. Hikari spots the bird pokemon from the ground and starts to chase after it. The pokemon returns to Takeshi's side to report that it couldn't find anyone.
-Takeshi presses onward. Before long, he comes across a pyramid-shaped stone structure, at the top of which is a tree and green grass. Under the tree are Pikachu, Mimirol and Pipinku! Takeshi's pokemon gives Pikachu some flowers, and the electric pokemon responds by smiling awkwardly.
-Takeshi waves to the pokemon to make his presence known. At that time, Hikari and Gureggru arrive and reunite with Takeshi as well! Hikari wonders where Satoshi is, and Takeshi responds by asking Mukubird to search for its trainer again.
-Suddenly, the Rocket-Dan's pink mecha hand shoots through the air and grabs Mukubird! After performing their motto, the Rocket-Dan place Satoshi's pokemon into a cage. They then attempt to capture Pikachu with their mechanical hand, but the pokemon escapes. So, instead of pursuing it, the Rocket-Dan simply retreat with Satoshi's Mukubird.
-Hikari and the others chase after the Rocket-Dan's Nyasu balloon. As they run, Hikari calls out for Satoshi. The young trainer hears his traveling companion and yells out to her. Before long, our heroes discover that Satoshi is on the opposite side of a huge wall that they are unable to get around.
-Satoshi is about to turn back to try another path, but the Rocket-Dan use their pink mechanical fists to pummel the walls around him, creating a bunch of rubble that traps Satoshi at the dead end.
-Satoshi responds by ordering Potchama to use Bubble Beam, Buoysel to use Sonic Boom, Usokki to use Mimic, and Pachirisu to use some electric attack on the Rocket-Dan. However, Pachirisu's attack goes awry and electrocutes Satoshi-tachi, allowing the Rocket-Dan to escape.
-Once the Nyasu balloon is out of sight, Takeshi yells at Satoshi (from the other side of the wall) to have his pokemon attack the same spot that they're going to attack in an attempt to break the wall. Takeshi then picks up a rock and hits the wall with it...Satoshi listens to the sound the rock makes and knows exactly where to hit the wall.
-Now that both sides know what part of the wall to hit, they order their pokemon to attack. Takeshi asks Aipom to use Swift and Naetle to use Razor Leaf. Satoshi asks Mimirol to use Ice Beam, Potchama to use Bubble, Buoysel to use Water Gun, and Pachirisu...to sit this one out. Hikari asks Gureggru to use Poison Jab.
-As the pokemon attack, Pipinku walks by with a rock about twice its size and throws it at the wall. Our heroes admire Pipinku for trying to contribute to the team.
-After a long while, the attacks break through the wall, enabling everyone to reunite. Just as this happens, the Rocket-Dan reappear and start to descend toward our heroes. But wait! Pikachu, who had been missing during the big melee attack, reveals itself on top of the giant pyramid! The electric pokemon, taking advantage of its altitude, jumps up to the Rocket-Dan's balloon and uses Iron Tail to free Mukubird from its cage. It lands on the bird pokemon who then swoops in on the Nyasu balloon so Pikachu can get close enough to Thunderbolt them. The Rocket-Dan are sent flying into the sky.
-Later that day, Hikari arrives at the correct Pokemon Center. There, she gets a new Poketch application; Coin Toss! As Hikari admires her new update, Takeshi starts to hit on Joi. Gureggru steps in with a Poison Jab and, unlike last time, succeeds in stunning its trainer!
-As our heroes continue on their journey to Yosuga Town, they come across a fork in the road. Satoshi asks Hikari to use her new Coin Toss application to decide which way to go. Hikari announces that if it comes up heads, they'll go left; if it comes up tails, they'll go right. As the Coin Toss tells our heroes to go right, Takeshi wonders if trusting the Poketch for something like this is a good idea...

Orchid-Hakase Big Encyclopedia: Mitsuhoney

And this was posted in the speculation thread:

I think they gave Dawn that Coin Toss application because there is a mention of coin toss in the ending theme (Dawn song), i don't know japanese so i don't know the wordings & meaning of it exactly but there is a mention of coin toss in that song & Dawn is shown tossing a coin (if i remember correct when DP was released many people thought that coin to a frisbee).

The translation of the lyrics during that particular part is "When I get lost, I toss a coin."

Though I suppose now, it would be more accurate to translate the line as "When I get lost, I use Coin Toss (to decide)."

Dax
14th September 2007, 11:18 PM
The people that wanted Ash to get Buizel should be happy now... he used Buizel for something.

Jonessodaco.Chris
14th September 2007, 11:24 PM
lol so i dont excactly get it... cause all i get is pictures and your ^^^ synopsis is wayyy to long to read lol can somebody just some up what went down and whats the deal with this coin thing

Ash6K
14th September 2007, 11:31 PM
^ Basically, Ash and co. get split up with each other's pokemon due to TR's schemes. Dawn's w/ Croagunk, Ash w/ Pachirisu, Buizel, Piplup, and Sudowoodo, Brock w/ all of Ash's pokemon except Pikachu, and Pikachu w/ Buneary and Happiny later on. Paul appears in this as comedy relief as well.

I liked this episode! It's quite funny with Croagunk actually missing hitting Brock in the beginning and its interactions w/ Dawn. The Onix wrapping Dawn up with her saying "Daijobu" was hilarious as well. And of course, I can't forget Paul. Just trying to catch Fearow w/ everyone interupting him...awesome!

And Dawn gets to use the coin toss so I thought that was a cool way to decide where to go like it said in the ending.

Dax
14th September 2007, 11:37 PM
The coin is nothing important.

The gang gets separated in a maze or a labyrinth. Dawn finds Croagunk.

Brock asks Staravia to look for the missing ones. Dawn spots Staravia. Dawn follows Staravia.

Ash finds Piplup, Buizel, Sudowoodo and Pachirisu. Buizel is fighthing with Piplup and Pachi gets emotional and shocks everyone.

Pikachu finds Buneary and Happiny. Buneary and Happiny are arguing. Pikachu separates them and grabs Buneary's hand making her blush.

There's a running gag with Paul trying to capture a Fearow and Dawn and Ash interrupting him.

Team Rocket captures Staravia. Ash uses Piplup, Buizel and Sudowoodo to get the bird.

And some more stuff to get the team reunited. Still it's a great episode to watch especially since it's fun to watch all of the pokemons interact with each other. All of the pokemons showed personality and they were funny. It was like a Pikachu in Charge! episode. Everything was about fun and comedy and pokemons' personality.

I was kinda surprised that the pokemons that did the least were Aipom and Turtwig... maybe because they were with Brock.

Hope the summary helped you Jonessodaco.Chris . ^_^

uber gon
15th September 2007, 1:51 AM
Maybe Paul is getting ready for the 3rd gym.

.Vaati.
15th September 2007, 2:19 AM
This was a great episode! The past few episodes have been good too.

The Fearow part with Shinji was funny. xD

I was nice to see more of Happiny. I would've liked to see more Sudowoodo though.

When I saw Pikachu ride Staravia I thought it was going to be something "thunder armor-esque". >_>;

Dax
15th September 2007, 2:43 AM
Maybe Paul is getting ready for the 3rd gym.

Well, Fearow will be great for the 3rd gym if it is the Maylene one. But then again, look at Azumarril in the first gym.

Anyway, Emo Pachi made me melt and Buneary was just the cutest thing I have seen in this episode.

Still it's weird to see Happiny with Super Strength.^_^

Sparkleo
15th September 2007, 4:17 AM
~As always, Pikachu and Buneary make the cutest couple.
~Happiny is surprisingly strong for a baby pokemon.
~Dawn and Crogunk FTW!
~Poor Paul. I almost feel sorry for him being constantly interrupted/distracted. Almost...
~Pikachu looked really awesome standing on that hill and waiting to attack TR. I'm not sure why, but that's one's opinion... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/P-Bodi/147d7629.jpg

Dogasu
15th September 2007, 9:17 AM
lol so i dont excactly get it... cause all i get is pictures and your ^^^ synopsis is wayyy to long to read lol can somebody just some up what went down and whats the deal with this coin thing

So I take it reading's not one of your hobbies, then? Because that synopsis I posted is far from being "long."

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th September 2007, 1:27 PM
Watching this episode, I realized how "real" the team feels in episodes like these.

I mean, the 3 humans and Pokemon feel so close this season, like one big dysufunctional family.

Geodude
15th September 2007, 4:16 PM
Indeed, these rare situations where the gang's Pokemon obey other main characters instead of their trainers are always neat. I think the last time we saw that was Ash using Lombre to battle just before it evolved.

~Happiny is surprisingly strong for a baby pokemon.[/url]
We knew that already, but it's nice to see that it hasn't been forgotten. It was so cute how it helped the others.

Gaiash
15th September 2007, 5:28 PM
Everyone who wanted Ash to catch Buizel must have made alittle smile seeing Ash command it in battle.

Dax
15th September 2007, 5:36 PM
I do agree this is the first time it feels that all the pokemons and the humans are a big family. A weird, awkward, sexy family.^_^

S.Suikun
15th September 2007, 6:54 PM
This bullet-style review is brought to you by MukuJESUS - the supernatural force you turn to on your deathbed.

- Hikari: "Hurry! I've got to get to the nearest Pokemon Center before my period starts!"
- Game Elitists: "WTF? Poison Jab has 100% accuracy! Stupid writers!"
- Random Kanto rock Pokemon we've seen a bazillion times before are so much more exciting than Nosepass and Probopass, eh, guys?
- Brock uses the power of Christ (i.e. Mukubird) to seek out the other disciples.
- Sudowoodo: "I like, gotta pee, like, reeeeeally badly, like, totally, dudes!"
- Mukubird brings Brock to the Tree of Knowledge, from which a naked Pikachu and the other naked Pokes are eating its forbidden flower fruit.
- Team Rocket has captured Jesus, and now they're going to crucify him!
- The Passion of the Mukubird - produced by Kotobuki TV.
- Haha YES, they're using my favorite Movie 9 track (the one where Ash is carrying the crystal)
- Pikachu saves Jesus from temptation, who returns to lead his disciples.
- One has to wonder if the Coin Toss application will ever actually be used again.

Sorry guys, I'm in the midst of studying for a religion test, so I have that stuff on the brain right now. All-in-all a decent "for fun" filler, but nothing quite as entertaining as "Pikachu's in Charge". As stated, it was nice to see the Pokemon interact with the cast members who weren't their own trainers for once.

Crystal Clair
15th September 2007, 8:47 PM
CopyPaste from Bulbagarden reply

This was definitely worth the trouble getting this episode.

This episode was awesome without Shinji. With Shinji, it just got better. It rocked with the two game songs at the end of the ep, with the Route 210, 215, 211, 214, 222, 223 song playing almost completely and with the route Route 206,207,208 playing. I love to hear game music played in real instruments.

I also loved
MukuBird
Greggle
Hikari
Ash
Shinji getting annoyed (I can really relate to him there)
and the interesting animation
This must be one of those easier to sub episodes because I understood almost half of what they said in this episode.
9.5/10

I also totally dig the 3d they use to animate Mitsuhoney in Oak's lecture. It was 3d yet celshaded which I dont find too often
Maybe I'll get that episode too.

Jonessodaco.Chris
15th September 2007, 9:44 PM
So I take it reading's not one of your hobbies, then? Because that synopsis I posted is far from being "long."

lol yah i hate reading... lol but thanks to all those who posted... yah i was just curious if paul actually caught the fearow but i guess not

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2007, 1:46 AM
Ah, I saw how Sudowoodo mimiced Ash.

Now I get what it was doing in the Pikachu's In Charge Episode.

MechaBulba
16th September 2007, 4:07 PM
After only looking at the epsiode pictures this looks Like a Good and fun episode! I normally always like the episodes heavy on the main teams pokemon. And this series has been great for it, aswell as the main pokemon interacting with each other!

A few Points:
-Why would Paul want a Fearow when he has a perfectly gd Mukurow that we know his going to be keepiong around?
- The Pokemon pairing was well done. With Ash getting a mixed bag and Dawn with the frog (I 4get its english name)
- Its gd it was not too heavy on standard rock types. AGAIN!
- Will the coin toss be used in an upcoming capture maybe?
- Did Ash show any concern at Mukubird being takern or exspress any joy when he got it back?

Dax
16th September 2007, 4:14 PM
-Why would Paul want a Fearow when he has a perfectly gd Mukurow that we know his going to be keepiong around?

Remember that Paul is all about power. I don't think he cares if he has another bird with him.

- Did Ash show any concern at Mukubird being takern or exspress any joy when he got it back?

Of course, without him Ash is nothing.

Darkness Angel
17th September 2007, 1:05 AM
Liked everytime Paul tried to catch the fearow someone kept intrupting him from doing so.

uber gon
20th September 2007, 4:09 AM
Liked everytime Paul tried to catch the fearow someone kept intrupting him from doing so.

Meh, he could've said something to them.

WaterDragon trainer
19th January 2008, 8:11 PM
This episode was good. It was funny when Dawn ran off with Brock before Croagunk could Poison Jab him and Meowth getting squashed by Graveler and Golem as well as everyone nagging Paul where they all are. It was cool when Happiny hurled a huge boulder at the wall.

Just one thing got me curious. Why was Paul randomly in the maze? I can only assume that he planned on catching the Fearow.

MidnightTheMightyena
19th January 2008, 10:38 PM
I thought it was funny how Paul kept being interupted. I could tell he was PO'd by the time Brock asked him if he had seen Ash. ;262;

RageKaiser
19th January 2008, 10:44 PM
I set my alarm for the episode, But I missed it anyways x_x

Seeing the japanese version, I thought it was a little interesting..

But uh, If I may ask, How much of a music problem did the dub have?

MidnightTheMightyena
19th January 2008, 10:54 PM

I had questions about the music myself. It sounded.... old Oo It was from other shows as far as I know.

Dax
19th January 2008, 11:21 PM

There was one scene with a low quality horrendous music...

It was like they took the music from the actual games and like pasted it in the episode. Really bad.

I have to say that I love Pachi. When it got emo because the pokemon were fighting I thought it was absolutely cute.

Corzola
20th January 2008, 12:40 AM
I loved the ep. Lots of funny things, the quarrel between Dawns Pokemon which ended in a Discharge and Ash "now that you got that out of your system maybe we can be civilzated" or something. The beginning with the failed Posion Jab was great etc. Paul beeing interupted time after time...

Anyway as a sidenote, I can see Paul with a Fearow, that Pokemon suits him very well.

8,5/10 points

Rebeccag
20th January 2008, 1:53 AM
lol when Brock asked Paul if he knew where ash was and paul just looked at him like i cant be bothered with you. I also liked the pikachu/ bunery/ happiny moment that was funny
When ash went ill save you dawn and brock and thats when i worry i found that funny. This was a funny episode in my opinion and also when the onix started appearing as well
Aww starvavia got caught by team rocket

09Murphym
20th January 2008, 7:47 AM
My favorite moment

Ash imagines Dawn getting hurt.

Dawn: "No need to Worry!"
Ash: "That's when I worry the most!"

Genome
20th January 2008, 6:34 PM
Meowth keeps getting some of the best lines in the D/p episodes..

"Poifecto!"

"Quick! Time to save face!"
*covers up*

*Golems and Gravelers*
"What is this? Rush hour?!"

I thought this episode was really amazing(no pun). Alot of comedy around the bend, good amounts of music kept too. Some stunning filler animation with the Onix, Ash even ignored his fears and played pokemon master with his first D/P water type. Some great reactions and attack amounts and not just an onix's face exploding to hide the effects. Another episode with pokemon and all characters getting their needed attention was well done. The irony of it all was one of the best ways to end it too.

Paul was out of nowhere but he sure knows how to do a cameo right.

Brock called the walls 'surprisingly thin' but even if he layed down across that wall would've still been thicker. A wall 6 feet thick really needed such excessive pounding. Sudowoodo could've mimic his first water attack, but he pulled the Mime Jr. card instead. Pretty sweet.

Staravia suggesting using itself like all useless birds was new. Brock must have forgotten he had it by its side, is it really that lifeless?

I also noticed Dawn flipping Paul off as he was tied up with Fearow with a quote along these lines:

Dawn: "Pardon me for living!"

Could this be implying something to the hardcore pokemon trainers?

9/10 Alot of varied and entertaining scenes in this. Compelling episode.

There was one scene with a low quality horrendous music...

It was like they took the music from the actual games and like pasted it in the episode. Really bad.
A 10 second piece of music ruined an entire scene for you?

I could understand if it went for nearly a minute, but a hijinx that quick was simply rather random and interesting to come up. I thought pokemon were gonna dance and take it old fashioned in the ring for a moment there.

Cobalt_Latios
21st January 2008, 2:06 AM
Well, time for me to say my thoughts on this episode. I gotta say, it was particularly entertaining. The fact that the maze is this episode was nothing more than a short-cut, proposed by Team Rocket no less made it rather funny.

The fact that Dawn is doing all of this to get her Poketch Application wasn't the best use of 20 minutes. Not only that, but the fact that it was a simple "coin flip" Application made me wonder if the Poketch was another "GS ball" type plot device. Simply because this isn't an Application I can see her using all that often, I mean were dealing with a coin flipping Application. However, like all kid shows, she uses it to decide which path they should take; which usually isn't the best method to use . Another Application would have somewhat worth the whole episode. The "map marker" Application could definitely see more uses than this one. Heck, the "counter", "pedometer", or something other than the coin flipper would have been much more useful.

With the Pokémon center, at first right before Brock gets Poison Jabbed, I had thought that he evaded it. Wasn't till I saw Dawn running for the exit that I realized what had really happened.

The whole maze thing was pretty neat, seeing as how everybody got split up attempting to find the exit. Although, you'd think Dawn would have remembered her map reading skills aren't exactly "useable", though I doubt Brock or Ash would have had any more luck with, regardless that it was fake.

Team Rocket seemed intelligent in this ep, due to them having "back-up" plans, which they never seem to have. Honestly, for the photoshoot, I was sort of expecting the classic pitfall trap to be employed. Of course, if that was the case, the main part of the episode would have likely not have occurred.

Now, the maze itself had some very funny parts to it. The part with Paul as a cameo was particularly funny, mostly because after Ash had talked to him, I guessed that later on, both Dawn and Brock would eventually do the exact same thing. And what made it funnier, was the Paul got more and more irritated by the time Brock came 'round. Initially, with Ash, I was half expecting him to mutter "pathetic" after Ash left, but I think that at this point he really couldn't care less about him. That and he was relatively preoccupied.

What urks me the most, is that when Onix was charging for Dawn, Croagunk used Brick Break to create a Fissure in the wall just 'big' enough for Dawn to 'squeeze' into (if you haven't already guessed, I'm emphasizing that she's very skinny.). So, if Croagunk was able to do that with 1 Brick Break, why did it take everyone to break through that one wall? Chances are, it was one of those time fillers, where they have to fill in a couple extra minutes to actually break through.

What also gets at me, is that of all the Pokémon Team Rocket had the chance to steal, they went for Staravia first. So, in this case, catching Pikachu is there biggest plan, yet anything else is also fair game. Well, then this means that 11 years proves that catching anything is an accomplishment. While I'm here, I know this would never happen, but for once, I would like Ash and co. to realize that it is Team Rocket without TR removing their disguises. I mean, even in disguises that don't change much, its as if they hardly recognize them. Just once. Even if Ash and co. are forced to get their memory wiped afterwards to prevent them from knowing this in the future.

I think Paul was fed up by the second time, Brock just appeared at the wrong time.

edit: well, I may as well add some stuff here. My sister hogged the computer and I was forced to post this using the Wii's Internet Browser. Needless to say, there are things that are about to be cleaned up and modified.

~C_L~

Dax
21st January 2008, 2:15 AM
A 10 second piece of music ruined an entire scene for you?

I could understand if it went for nearly a minute, but a hijinx that quick was simply rather random and interesting to come up. I thought pokemon were gonna dance and take it old fashioned in the ring for a moment there.

He asked about the music and I answered that there was bad music. I never said I didn't enjoy the scene just that the music was really bad. It was a critic about the music, not about the scene.

Maybe you need to read the posts better instead of putting words on other people's mouth.;)

lightdash
21st January 2008, 7:44 AM
It was good. No, actually it was great. Almost all of the translations were exactly what the Japanese version had so I'm happy about that. Music was ok, even though there were a bunch of edits. And then the rest, purely good comical scenes everywhere. Overall, they did better than I thought they would have done.

lightdash
21st January 2008, 7:48 AM
EDIT: x_x I hate post lag.

Kataphrut
21st January 2008, 8:37 AM
This was a pretty funny episode. Plenty of humour, from Team Rocket, Dawn & Croagunk, the Pokemon and, of course Pauls hilarious little cameos.

chamo-chan
21st January 2008, 8:40 AM
I liked this episode, especially how Paul tried to catch the Fearow and everyone keeps interrupting him. That was the best part.

RageKaiser
22nd January 2008, 12:53 AM
Well, I just caught the episode.

It was quite a good dub episode, the music didn't bother me (seems as if a majority or maybe a little less was kept), and the lines seemed decent.

When Advance Adventure started played I nearly freaked, but then I remembered that 4kids kept that song all the time. Lol.

Anyone else notice that after Pachirisu had Discharged the whole group, Team Rocket had PLENTY of time to get away, but chose to stick around?

and just for the record, Were the signs in the PC at the end blank in the japanese version too?

mew..
22nd January 2008, 12:55 AM
yeh, paul got real annoyed cause every time he found fearow..."hey paul have u seen ash/dawn/brock?" then after they finished the fearow had gone away

CabbyFish
22nd January 2008, 3:53 AM
Paul never really got to catch that Fearow.

What's with all the Graveler and Golem rolling around randomly? I know they were trying to get away from Onix, but...

Wait, Croagunk's able to Brick Break a wall to save Dawn, but it can't do the same when the group was trying to reunite? I think I'm missing something.

Cobalt_Latios
22nd January 2008, 4:11 AM
Paul never really got to catch that Fearow.

What's with all the Graveler and Golem rolling around randomly? I know they were trying to get away from Onix, but...

Wait, Croagunk's able to Brick Break a wall to save Dawn, but it can't do the same when the group was trying to reunite? I think I'm missing something.
My thoughts exactly. Unless it was one of those moments where people can exert unknown strenght in the most desperate of situations, I guess the same could be said for Pokémon. That or Croagunk must have gotten really lucky.

~C_L~

Ashy Boy
22nd January 2008, 3:13 PM
I understand that Paul was really annoyed getting interupted but what did he say to Ash & Co, even though he seemingly said nothing to Ash himself.

Genome
22nd January 2008, 4:31 PM
He asked about the music and I answered that there was bad music. I never said I didn't enjoy the scene just that the music was really bad. It was a critic about the music, not about the scene.

Maybe you need to read the posts better instead of putting words on other people's mouth.;)
To be fair: You took a simple question as a derogatory comment, even though I never stated anything on your behalf. The reason why I saw into that comment was since you called a 10-sec piece of music out of the minutes it took to break the wall, its own scene.

I really had no idea, nor was I going to assume, that you divided scenes by the seconds of music track that are randomly scattered and changing about. And unless you were being specific, you shouldn't have expected any more.

jolteonjak
22nd January 2008, 5:44 PM
This was such a cute episode...one of the better "split up group" plots they've done. You can tell they really wanted to put Dawn with Croagunk for awhile.

uber gon
22nd January 2008, 7:02 PM
I loved the ep. Lots of funny things, the quarrel between Dawns Pokemon which ended in a Discharge and Ash "now that you got that out of your system maybe we can be civilzated" or something. The beginning with the failed Posion Jab was great etc. Paul beeing interupted time after time...

Anyway as a sidenote, I can see Paul with a Fearow, that Pokemon suits him very well.

8,5/10 points

LOL, maybe Paul will get a Fearow by the Sinnoh league.

Dax
22nd January 2008, 9:59 PM
To be fair: You took a simple question as a derogatory comment, even though I never stated anything on your behalf. The reason why I saw into that comment was since you called a 10-sec piece of music out of the minutes it took to break the wall, its own scene.

I really had no idea, nor was I going to assume, that you divided scenes by the seconds of music track that are randomly scattered and changing about. And unless you were being specific, you shouldn't have expected any more.

Why are you making such a big deal of a simple piece of freaking music?

I said the music was bad and there was nothing else to it. There's nothing that needs analysis or thought process in this. I didn't like that piece of music and when I heard it the first time I definitely thought it was bad. I didn't affect my enjoyment of the episode and it didn't affect my moments of laughs in it.

LexSuicune
29th February 2008, 8:39 PM
I wonder if Paul managed to catch his Fearrow...

wobbanut
27th August 2008, 4:06 AM
Not the greatest episode, but it was fun watching the twerps and their pokemon get separated and try to get back together. I especially enjoyed watching Happiny help bust down the wall. LOL

My favorite part, though, had to be the part when Ash imagines Dawn getting squeezed by an onix and saying "No need to worry", then Ash says that's when he worries the most. :D

DanChimchar
6th October 2008, 10:32 PM
I loved this episode its my fav.
Why because it was funny. Also they "Twerps" got to use the others pokemon. You have to love this episode. My fav in the whole DP series

HoennMaster
7th October 2008, 9:19 AM
What do you mean "got to use their other pokémon", they can do that anytime they want.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 2:29 AM
Yeah but it was still nice to see them use them with out there other trainer there when I saw ash comand Buziel I was hmm somethings fishy
Got to love Swoodowood help ash cheer and Pachirsu shocked everyone very cute

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 12:34 PM
it was funny to see how paul was interrupted everytime again,iloved watching this episode:P

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 5:02 PM
Love this episode, it was really funny if you ask me ^_^

milenadrg
1st July 2009, 2:18 PM
I liked this episode. It was really interesting seing Ash commanding Dawn's and Brock's Pokemon. Paul part and Ash and Dawn saying "No need to worry" at the same time was funny. It was cool Dawn got that "Coin Toss" on her Poketch...

S.Suikun
5th July 2009, 1:32 AM
Ah yes, the annual/biannual "gang-gets-split-up" episode, which is less amusing than some past ones, but stands out a bit thanks to how we don't normally get to see one trainer commanding another's Pokemon. I had been long sick of Onix and its family by this point, so I wasn't thrilled to see another, and it also had not been long since the previous Pokemon-centered episode, DP039, so its novelty didn't have much punch. There are a few comical moments in this episode, coupled with some truly excellent animation and music, but I can't help but feel they could have been used for a better episode on the whole.

Next off, I truly have no idea what the hell the point of including Shinji here was, especially since we never did see that Fearow, contrary to what I predicted in my first post in this thread. Sure, "more Shinji is good" according to fangirls, but I prefer to see him in more vital roles (like we would a few episodes after this). In addition, I am equally confused as to why Team Rocket would choose to randomly capture Muku.BIRD here aside from the obvious explanation of providing me with fuel for jokes that are less funny in retrospect. It's not like the thing hadn't been around for over 30 episodes being harmless...wait, yes it had. I think this is a better episode than the steamboat one, but still throughly average on the whole.

C

Torpoleon
13th September 2009, 4:09 PM
This was a very cool episode. If I was Paul, I would have gotten annoyed at Ash, Dawn and Brock. Since when did Brock have to ask Paul where Ash and Dawn where? Brock had Ash's Staravia. Wasn't it weird how Pachirsu was not in this episode? Maybe they forgot about it. It would have been cool if Pachirsu was in this episode.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
22nd September 2009, 2:47 PM
This was a very cool episode. If I was Paul, I would have gotten annoyed at Ash, Dawn and Brock.
He did get really annoyed with them. I, like many of you, also wonder if he ever managed to catch that Fearow.
When they entered that maze and Ash noticed that Dawn and Brock were missing, I love that mental image he has of Dawn; she is being strangled by a Steelix and saying "no need to worry." She never does see the magnitude of any crisis, does she?

Lorde
10th November 2009, 4:54 AM
Oh a fun little filler with a fun title.

I was surprised by how fun this one was, and seeing Paul getting annoyed as people interrupted his capture of Fearow was even more entertaining.

7/10 or C.

Willow's Tara
13th November 2009, 5:11 AM
I like these kind of epsiodes when they are split up and when they use thier friend's Pokemon, because it is interesting to see how they use them.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 4:48 PM
Paul was actualy trying to capture a Fearow for his next gym battle.

And i loved to see all those Graveler. and Onix too.

7/10

KGB13
6th February 2010, 4:58 PM
I thought it was so funny how Ash & Co. kept annoying Paul while he was trying to catch a Fearow, I laughed out loud. For some reason I also liked the part when they were trying to break down the wall, maybe it's because I always like when all the pokemon use their attacks at once, IDK. But overall good episode.

JohnLee
10th February 2010, 12:35 AM
I thought it was so funny how Ash & Co. kept annoying Paul while he was trying to catch a Fearow, I laughed out loud. For some reason I also liked the part when they were trying to break down the wall, maybe it's because I always like when all the pokemon use their attacks at once, IDK. But overall good episode.

I always feel like a big nerd when I laugh out loud during a pokemon episode! Haha.

I always love these episodes where the whole gang gets split up, and it's a race to find each other.

saar
8th July 2010, 11:59 AM
The groups of Dawn-Croagunk, Pikachu-Happiny-Buneary was very very funny. Pikachu with two female pokemon...
They all worked together with the wall-rock there. Good job guys!

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:12 PM
Paul sure got angry... The Fearow he was after got away

hever
6th March 2011, 12:51 AM
Pretty funny, in way for me, episode.

RocketTwurpSLR
20th March 2011, 10:43 PM

yh i think i have a big theory why paul was in this episode and coin toss

ill cut a big theory short:
ash and paul are both two sides of a coin and their is a even chance they would wina battle so by saying they are the coin, you need someone to toss the coin and none can do this better then dawn...

i think thats the reason for this episode (part of the seris), i mean why would they waste an episode on getting a app before 5pm, and paul being randomly in the episode

anyways the bit i liked the most is when dawn asked paul where they were
i love ikarishipping!!

G50
27th April 2011, 12:35 PM
This episode was ok... It had to be a pain when Ash and Dawn entered the Pokemon Center and found out they entered the wrong one for getting the new Pokeetch application. They end up trapped and seperated in a maze after falling for another 1 of TR's tricks. Interesting how the gang kept calling out to Paul, and distracting him from catching a Fearow.

12/100

*futachimaru*
15th January 2012, 6:39 PM
happiny vs buneary made me lol

zhixun
30th May 2014, 9:32 PM
This filler looks awesome to me and I always like the group playing in some competition. Also the group try to unite together and break through the artificial wall is nice. Finally I would like to add that Takeshi's Gureggru have some actual development in this episode rather than stabbing Takeshi is great in my opinion.

Lorde
26th November 2014, 1:05 AM
I loved how Team Rocket's first scheme here was stopped by those rolling Graveler and Golem and seeing TR disguise themselves as boulders and then panic when an Onix was passing through made me giggle. I also loved how Pikachu carried Happiny on his back and held Buneary's paw; it was adorable. Glad that Dawn got her Coin Toss Poketch app as well.