PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Venasaur is leveling really wacky! (MD)

FerreTrip
16th September 2007, 5:58 AM
Can someone please tell me why Grassnow, my Bulba-/Ivy-/Venasaur partner, is only getting a +1 to HP each time he levels up? I mean, sure, the fact I evolved him might have something to do with it, but it shouldn't! Where's all my Sp. Attack ups?! What is going on? Can someone PLEASE tell me?

Pikachu1391
16th September 2007, 6:53 AM
All of my strongest pokemon in Mystery Dungeon only gain 1 HP point and 1 Special Attack point each time they level up. I think they stop gaining points in all stats once they reach level 60 (approximately).

Shine
16th September 2007, 7:52 AM
It's just the gains he gets when he levels up. It's different for each pokemon, including the evolved forms. Generally you'll gain the most stats at the start but at the end you won't be gaining very much.

Garmmon
16th September 2007, 11:09 AM
It's quite normal actually. My Aggron rarely gets +HP when he levels, so I feed him Life Seeds and such...
Ok, anyways. Since it was a Bulba, it probably gained much stats when it was Bulba, especially in the earlier levels. However, this shouldn't be too bothersome, because the game has Gummis and stat boosting drinks to make up for it.

Crypt Lord
20th September 2007, 3:44 AM
Kazoid the Psyduck Gains stats like crazy when he levels up.

And he's level 50 something.

blob
20th September 2007, 10:40 AM
Shine is right. All Pokemon level up differently.

About the whole Evo thing... evolved Pokemon DO gain more stats, but only when they're about level 90 or so (You'll see that is only gains 1 point each level up, but that won't last).
So a level 90 bulbasaur might only get 1 point in Attack and Special attack , but Venusaur gains 3! So when your Venusaur grows to level 80, it'll gain more points.

Edit: And Psyduck... it stops leveling up well at level 50, so... you're at it's peak.

Edit: Ok... so Pokemon DO stop leveling up after a while... but evos tend to level up towards the end of their cycle.

Oh... and Evos seem to need less EXP points to level up to 100.

Scource: Gamefaqs.

master16
20th September 2007, 10:47 AM
what blob said exactly

FerreTrip
22nd September 2007, 1:06 AM
Hrmmm...thank you all. This problem's been a pesky one for me. Now I know it's normal, so...yeah.
Oh, and kudos to blob's sig. XD