PDA

View Full Version : Will Pokemon Japanese dvds work on are dvd players?

SpongeBoblover
16th September 2007, 6:10 AM
I'm thinking of getting Pokemon japanese movies on DVD but will they work on are dvd players?

Pokeyug91
16th September 2007, 7:11 AM
It only works on region 2 players. Region 1 is for the U.S.A. and Canada. Region 2 is for the U.K. and Japan. The DVD's will work on any computer though. But, only with VLC player. It is free to download.

SpongeBoblover
17th September 2007, 12:16 AM
Okay on computers, I have an Xbox and it has both English & Japanese language will it play on Xbox systems?

BCVM22
17th September 2007, 12:19 AM
Okay on computers, I have an Xbox and it has both English & Japanese language will it play on Xbox systems?

Xbox units, to the best of my knowledge, will only play DVDs from the unit's region of origin.

OverlordPhoros
17th September 2007, 12:21 AM
Usually you can find multi-region DVD players on the cheap in stores or Amazon in this day and age. Think I've seen some recently for about $55-70ish. Not too expensive now.

Dogasu
17th September 2007, 2:49 AM
Can your computer play DVD's?

SpongeBoblover
17th September 2007, 4:08 AM
Can your computer play DVD's?

Uhh yeah my laptop & computer can play DVDs I have windows & at school Mac

HoennMaster
17th September 2007, 4:30 AM
As long as we are on the subject. How much in U.S. Dollars would cost to order DVDs from Japan including shipping? Also, do they even accept our money?

BCVM22
17th September 2007, 7:02 AM
As long as we are on the subject. How much in U.S. Dollars would cost to order DVDs from Japan including shipping? Also, do they even accept our money?

In the interest of amusing myself, I shall provide the correct answers in regular text, followed by the sarcastic responses I wanted to provide because these are some really weak questions in italics.

You can find any number of retailers online that will ship imported products, and prices vary based on any number of factors. Google around and you should find a few.
Hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. And that's just shipping alone. Hope you've got a paper route.

Most import retailers willing to ship to the United States will accept payment in dollars, yes.
No, because Japan uses the wiggy moon currency. One of our dollars is like 3 cents over there, so no, they don't accept our money. Our money is no good there.

Chris
17th September 2007, 7:07 AM
SOME DVD players have codes that you can input with a remote to access multiple regions. Though they can be complicated. The PlayStation 2 Action Replay MAX has a setting that allows you to change the region settings on the system for DVDs (MOVIES ONLY).

Though computers are a sure fire way of being able to play them as long as you have a program like VLC Player.

By the way, the word is OUR, not are.

SpongeBoblover
17th September 2007, 2:03 PM
SOME DVD players have codes that you can input with a remote to access multiple regions. Though they can be complicated. The PlayStation 2 Action Replay MAX has a setting that allows you to change the region settings on the system for DVDs (MOVIES ONLY).

Though computers are a sure fire way of being able to play them as long as you have a program like VLC Player.

By the way, the word is OUR, not are.

Hey I have Action replay for Playstation 2

Dattebayo
17th September 2007, 3:57 PM
I'm not sure that our DVD players can play japanese movies. Just wait for the Region 1 version that both English and Japanese dialogue and original uncut animation.

Chris
17th September 2007, 4:01 PM
Hey I have Action replay for Playstation 2
Has to be an Action Replay MAX. Not an ordinary AR. Should have a DVD Region-X setting on the disc or whatever the hell it's called.

Dogasu
17th September 2007, 4:03 PM
I'm not sure that our DVD players can play japanese movies. Just wait for the Region 1 version that both English and Japanese dialogue and original uncut animation.

Of Pokemon?

Yeaaaaaah right.

SpongeBoblover
17th September 2007, 9:14 PM
Has to be an Action Replay MAX. Not an ordinary AR. Should have a DVD Region-X setting on the disc or whatever the hell it's called.

I was saying I have AR MAX not a normal AR for PS2.

Dogasu
19th September 2007, 1:27 PM
So basically, your options at this point are:

a) Use the Action Replay MAX to play the movies on your PS2, or
b) Use a program like VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) to watch the DVD's on your laptop.

Do either of those sound feasible?