PDA

View Full Version : I don't watch "Pokemon" anymore!

Metal Bird
16th September 2007, 9:54 AM
I watched some of the newer episodes, but it just isn't as good as the older ones. Who else doesn't watch Pokemon anymore?

Power of Fire
16th September 2007, 10:15 AM
so, its still pokemon, its just dubbed by PUSA and new voice actors and dialogue

LugiaGirl
16th September 2007, 10:16 AM
pokemon is pokemon, people are still going to watch it

Rikku
16th September 2007, 10:21 AM
pokemon is 4eva!

LugiaGirl
16th September 2007, 10:23 AM
pokemon is 4eva!

yea! pokemon is awsome!

The Power of Pika
16th September 2007, 10:38 AM
I love Pokemon and I still watch it.:)

Though I don't get it. If you don't watch the Pokemon cartoon why are you on the Pokemon anime boards still?:confused:

MassivePanda
16th September 2007, 2:38 PM
So... if you don't like the anime, stop posting in the anime boards.

I still watch the Pokemon anime.. though I don't know what compels me to though.

Drkecho
16th September 2007, 4:09 PM
So... if you don't like the anime, stop posting in the anime boards.Too much people have said this, let me tell it to you in the nicest way

YOU DON'T HAVE TO WATCH/LIKE POKEMON TO BE HERE

Kaim_Fabuyashi
16th September 2007, 4:13 PM
Too much people have said this, let me tell it to you in the nicest way

Panda said stop posting in the ANIME boards, not nothing else, I have to agree with him/her, dont make usless threads it is spam.

~Kaim

Dax
16th September 2007, 4:16 PM
*pretend to care*

*pretend to care*

I have a suggestion: stop watching it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
16th September 2007, 5:06 PM
Yeah, but...um...Metal Bird's an idiot.

S.Suikun
16th September 2007, 6:00 PM
Yeah...ummm...Metal Bird, we kinda get the point judging from the other ten bazillion posts you've made regarding the exact same thing. You hate anything post-Johto. You hate modern television in general. We. Get. The. Point. Mukubird knows as to why you needed yet another topic to express this.

And if anybody wants some good laughs, actually follow the link in his sig.

Kariba
16th September 2007, 6:03 PM
I watched some of the newer episodes, but it just isn't as good as the older ones. Who else doesn't watch Pokemon anymore?

I stopped watching it a while ago. I agree it's not very good anymore. And it should be okay to have an opinion about the new dub. Change is not always good.

Dax
16th September 2007, 7:48 PM
And if anybody wants some good laughs, actually follow the link in his sig.

I did, it's hilarious not because it tells the truth...

Who puts a link in his/her sig leading to a thread where people are insulting him and embarrassing him/her?

CyberCubed
16th September 2007, 7:54 PM
This is about the 5th or 6th time Metal Bird made a topic like this. I thought we all agreed to ignore him from now on?

Let him cry over Misty all he wants.

Poke'T<3
16th September 2007, 8:29 PM
I do think the earlier episodes are a bit more realistic and fun to watch because it was about ash becasue i mean he is the MAIN character not dawn but i just cant turn away because i love the new battling graphics and i love when they show buneary and pikachu together

waterfall
16th September 2007, 11:50 PM
I only watch it to see the pokemon. The storyline and characters are lame. Some episodes are interesting, like the ones with Hunter J in it.

Metal Bird
16th September 2007, 11:56 PM
You guys are so mean!

Archimedes
16th September 2007, 11:59 PM
"Remember when Pokemon was good?"
"Pokemon was never good."

That's your problem there kid.

GrizzlyB
17th September 2007, 12:00 AM
Metal Bird, I think you're kinda asking for it from every angle...

BCVM22
17th September 2007, 12:03 AM
You guys are so mean!

Truth and the Internet are cruel mistresses.

EXPERT DAN200
17th September 2007, 12:36 AM
neither do i the anime is trash compared to the games.

Dax
17th September 2007, 1:55 AM
You guys are so mean!

I'm no trying to be mean but it's your fault. You just repeat and repeat and repeat yourself. We know you don't like pokemons and we don't have to agree with you. It's annoying that everything that you post is bashing how the show is nowadays. Let the people that like it enjoy it.

Say it once and then save it for yourself. We don't need reminders. Otherwise I guess you like when people are mean to you and insult you since every time you say Pokemon is bad now! people start insulting you.

morefirepokemon
17th September 2007, 1:57 AM
i dont watch the anime anymore, its gotten old the jokes the people everything

zeno48
17th September 2007, 1:59 AM

Here is a suggestion, don't watch it if you don't like it! Why don't you like it and why isn't it as good as the older ones?

Dax
17th September 2007, 2:14 AM
Here is a suggestion, don't watch it if you don't like it! Why don't you like it and why isn't it as good as the older ones?

Don't give him reasons to bash Pokemon. It will end up bad.

He's going to bash Pokemon and then people are going to insult him. It's better for the forums and for him.

~-Overheat-~
17th September 2007, 11:54 AM
Too much people have said this, let me tell it to you in the nicest way

So you're saying you can hate pokemon and still be in serebii.net which is a pokemon site???

I still watch the Pokemon anime.........

Legendary Raikou
17th September 2007, 2:43 PM
Of course I still watch it, but yea I hate to say this but it really did start falling downhill sorta with DP :[

Garmmon
17th September 2007, 2:48 PM
So you're saying you can hate pokemon and still be in serebii.net which is a pokemon site???

Yea, it's possible, who knows...Maybe some people just come to spam and bash Pokemon or summat. :P

I don't watch Pokemon now, but my brother does. Pokemon games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime IMO.

Rex Kamex
17th September 2007, 10:06 PM
neither do i the anime is trash compared to the games.

Pokemon games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anime IMO.

For the record, the games are just as repetitive as the show.

zeno48
17th September 2007, 10:49 PM
Of course I still watch it, but yea I hate to say this but it really did start falling downhill sorta with DP :[

Can you explain how it started falling downhill? Can you give a few reasons?

Prio
17th September 2007, 10:53 PM
This is about the 5th or 6th time Metal Bird made a topic like this. I thought we all agreed to ignore him from now on?

Let him cry over Misty all he wants.

It has little to do with Misty and a lot to do with realizing it's the same ****ing thing over and over.

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2007, 10:54 PM
If you look through Metal Bird's posts, you can tell it's more of possibly him getting dropped as a baby.

You missed the time he said Veronica Taylor should host the Late Show.

Not that he's wrong really, because I can see why people wouldn't like the Anime, but he seems to hate anything new just because its new and offering lame reasons.

Kariba
18th September 2007, 2:46 AM
Not that he's wrong really, because I can see why people wouldn't like the Anime, but he seems to hate anything new just because its new and offering lame reasons.

I'm not sure who's been animating the show over the last couple of years, or who decided on the style change, but the show really looks beautiful. I do miss the jauntier styles from earlier seasons but the animation has looked really awesome in the later ones.

But the English adaptation doesn't fit the show anymore after they changed the cast and crew. It's hard for me to say exactly why, because I've tried to adjust. I don't like the acting or writing, and I thought I'd just get used to it all anyway. It never did happen. I never thought the changes would be so off-putting. I try to watch but I never make it too far, so that's my take on it.

I thought I was tired of watching older episodes, but now that's all I watch of the show in English. I've got DVD's and youtube for that. I just watched 'Hook, Line and Sinker' the other day and I was enjoying it so much, and then i thought, "Hey, give the new show a chance again." I tried, and it's just, not "my" show anymore.

Thank goodness for online Japanese episodes. Even better if they're subtitled.

iraqmaster
18th September 2007, 4:31 PM
I'm not sure who's been animating the show over the last couple of years, or who decided on the style change, but the show really looks beautiful. I do miss the jauntier styles from earlier seasons but the animation has looked really awesome in the later ones.

But the English adaptation doesn't fit the show anymore after they changed the cast and crew. It's hard for me to say exactly why, because I've tried to adjust. I don't like the acting or writing, and I thought I'd just get used to it all anyway. It never did happen. I never thought the changes would be so off-putting. I try to watch but I never make it too far, so that's my take on it.

I thought I was tired of watching older episodes, but now that's all I watch of the show in English. I've got DVD's and youtube for that. I just watched 'Hook, Line and Sinker' the other day and I was enjoying it so much, and then i thought, "Hey, give the new show a chance again." I tried, and it's just, not "my" show anymore.

Thank goodness for online Japanese episodes. Even better if they're subtitled.

I agree with you.

See, way back when Pokemon was still in it's Infacy in the USA, i absolutely loved Pokemon. I had a few cards, I had Pokemon Blue, I had coloring books, I even bought a VHS tape. As you can see, I watched Pokemon every day see what I had missed.

Now when Pokemon Gold & Silver came out, I was very excited, because that meant new Pokemon to discover and Worlds to visit.

I guess i stopped being a Hardcore Pokemon fan midway through the middle of Johto, like the most of you. It seemed to me that it had lost its touch by then. I still might watch Pokemon every now and then, but with the new voices, same recycled plot, it will never be able to appeal to me ever again the way it did almost 8-9 years ago.

NightwolfAA2k5
18th September 2007, 5:28 PM
The storyline and characters are lame.

Quoted for truth.

Swampert-the-Berserk
18th September 2007, 9:25 PM
I don't like the new episodes. But about the first three seasons were good. now, i think it's overdone. But i like the games and the cards.

shread-claw trillion
18th September 2007, 9:35 PM
i liked the classic entei film the films seem alot better to me

noobiess
18th September 2007, 9:37 PM
anime pokemon sucks!! it's always the same!!

Gliding Girl
18th September 2007, 9:41 PM
i do like the pokemon animie (abit) but it sorta went down hill after kanto.come on inflatable boobs tentacruels and tentacools taking over the planet nothing can beat that also when a ghost turns into stuff to own the pokemon!

shread-claw trillion
18th September 2007, 9:51 PM
anime pokemon sucks!! it's always the same!!

i admit some of the episodes were but the films have mostly got decent storylines

GentleArtillery
18th September 2007, 9:54 PM
The animé introduced me to the Pokémon franchise, but when I got older I stopped watching the show because it's simply bad IMO.

buneary dude
18th September 2007, 9:56 PM
I still watch Pokemon just because my little cousins live with me and love it when I watch it with them.

Swampert-the-Berserk
18th September 2007, 9:57 PM
i liked the classic entei film the films seem alot better to me
Yes, the movies seem a lot better. I was watching the first movie a few days ago, and it wasn't half bad.

EXPERT DAN200
19th September 2007, 7:14 PM
the anime is horrible peice of trash but you have to admit the animation is stunining to look at.(pokemon doesnt deserve this good animation)

Leona
19th September 2007, 8:19 PM
I hate it when your friends say it's childish, but fact is it doesnt really matter what they think

plxtreme
19th September 2007, 8:51 PM
I do watch it... in Japanese version.

Much better than the english dub version.

Anaya
21st September 2007, 5:17 AM
Yeah I still watch it. It isn't too bad.

Rex Kamex
21st September 2007, 7:14 PM
I hate it when your friends say it's childish, but fact is it doesnt really matter what they think

But... it's a kids show.

Michii
22nd September 2007, 3:56 PM
I don't watch it anymore. I started not watching it because I was busy, but now I'm just too lazy to find out what time it's on.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd September 2007, 3:58 PM
the anime is horrible peice of trash but you have to admit the animation is stunining to look at.

I'm honestly worried about this fandom as of late.

Kariba
22nd September 2007, 4:04 PM
I'm honestly worried about this fandom as of late.

Why? The anime isn't very good anymore. Is it bad to think so?

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd September 2007, 4:04 PM
No, look at the end of his post...

CharizardAngel
22nd September 2007, 6:44 PM
I don't think D/P is as good as Kanto, but I still watch it sometimes.

Raccario
23rd September 2007, 1:41 PM
i still and always will be.....a POKEMON LOVER! I love the show

EXPERT DAN200
23rd September 2007, 2:33 PM
What? im not a fan of the anime

chamo-chan
23rd September 2007, 2:59 PM
I used to like the anime, but up until the middle of the Jhoto saga in the anime, it got boring. I still watch the anime once in a while though.

RandomCharizard
24th September 2007, 12:11 AM
I dont watch pokemon anymore. It has no real plot. Its stupid and doesn't make sense at all. Its boring. I could go on.

But I wont.

CyberCubed
24th September 2007, 5:06 AM
Why? The anime isn't very good anymore. Is it bad to think so?

And why is that? The kind of episodes we've been getting for the last couple of years is the stuff we BEGGED to happen back in Season 1.

Prio
24th September 2007, 5:42 AM
And why is that? The kind of episodes we've been getting for the last couple of years is the stuff we BEGGED to happen back in Season 1.

You are delusional, nothing has gotten better. Cloning Ash's gym quest(the contests)just made it more repetitive and boring.

CyberCubed
24th September 2007, 5:48 AM
You are delusional, nothing has gotten better. Cloning Ash's gym quest(the contests)just made it more repetitive and boring.

I think its time to cut the crap. Just about everyone who has watched the anime consistently considers the new episodes to be filled with great stuff (you can read the reviews for each episode over at the episode discussion threads), and each episode that airs in Japan is almost always well-received.

You can just compare the 30 or so D/P episodes aired so far and compare them to old Kanto, and its either just as good or even a little better in some respects.

I find it hilarious that you can claim those jokes of a Gym battles we used to have in Kanto, how none of the groups Pokemon had any personality, how Gary barely appeared, and how little Misty did compares to all the stuff we have with the current rivals and females.

The newer episodes have always been considered better than the old ones by mostly everyone, can you explain away the positive reviews in the ep discussion threads?

Prio
24th September 2007, 5:59 AM
I think its time to cut the crap. Just about everyone who has watched the anime consistently considers the new episodes to be filled with great stuff (you can read the reviews for each episode over at the episode discussion threads), and each episode that airs in Japan is almost always well-received.

You can just compare the 30 or so D/P episodes aired so far and compare them to old Kanto, and its either just as good or even a little better in some respects.

I find it hilarious that you can claim those jokes of a Gym battles we used to have in Kanto, how none of the groups Pokemon had any personality, how Gary barely appeared, and how little Misty did compares to all the stuff we have with the current rivals and females.

The newer episodes have always been considered better than the old ones by mostly everyone, can you explain away the positive reviews in the ep discussion threads?

Yes read reviews by fanboys that's ****ing genius. Do you know why the newer episodes are considered better? There is virtually no character development, card board cut out personalities, recycle the plot every episode, and another main character just made it more cluster ****ed. Your only evidence that it is better is that the bias fan base considers it good.

Also, you're confusing Kanto with Johto.

CyberCubed
24th September 2007, 6:02 AM
Yes read reviews by fanboys that's ****ing genius. Do you know why the newer episodes are considered better? There is virtually no character development, card board cut out personalities, recycle the plot every episode, and another main character just made it more cluster ****ed. Your only evidence that it is better is that the bias fan base considers it good.

That's not remotely true. There are plenty of new episodes that also get bad reviews. There's a balance and not everything new is blindly praised.

And generally, something will *have* a fanbase because its good. If the Pokemon anime was disliked, there is no way in hell it would have lasted 10 seasons. Why do you think its still on the air after all this time?

Also, you're confusing Kanto with Johto.

Misty and Brock's Pokemon had no personality in either Kanto or Johto, Psyduck was about the only exception.

And Ash's Gym battles in Kanto were almos tnon-existant because he never won his badges back then, they would always just hand him the badge because he helped them.

parukia49
24th September 2007, 8:06 AM
I don't really watch pokemon much. It's not that i don't like it, im in australia and they just keep repeating the bf episodes over and over again so america/japan can get "ahead" of us. I do not know when sinnoh episodes will come. Anyway, if pokemon was also on at a more suitable time eg maybe 4:00pm or so id like that. Also, im sick of ash losing all the time and not catching many pokemon.

Prio
24th September 2007, 8:37 AM
That's not remotely true. There are plenty of new episodes that also get bad reviews. There's a balance and not everything new is blindly praised.

And generally, something will *have* a fanbase because its good. If the Pokemon anime was disliked, there is no way in hell it would have lasted 10 seasons. Why do you think its still on the air after all this time?

Because it liked doesn't mean it's good, and it lasted this long for the same reason MTV and The Disney Chanel has.

EXPERT DAN200
25th September 2007, 12:31 AM

The anime was alot better during kanto where a few of the gags were accually funny(and the pokerap was pwnage)and most of the episodes are reviewed by teenage boys who are in love with 10 year old fictional annime girls.

Dax
25th September 2007, 12:44 AM
The anime was alot better during kanto where a few of the gags were accually funny(and the pokerap was pwnage)

The Pokeraps and the funny gags doesn't make an anime good.

D/P has tons of things that Kanto lacked.

-A competent rival with attitude. Let's face it, Paul is a better rival. he actually appears and acts like a rival.

-Better villains. D/P has Hunter J and they showed Team Galactic. Giovanni wasn't showed so much and it didn't do as much and Team Rocket will never be at the level of Hunter J

-Better episode arcs. I know that at the beginning D/P started off boring but it's been offering better things than D/P after episode 6. The plots of Dialga and Palkia and the gym battles are way better. Ash actually wins fair and square with his ability.

-Better pokemons. The pokemons of the team lacked of personality. In this one everyone is different and actually have a different way of entertaining.

-Better characters. Just look at Hunter J, Dawn and Paul...

I find Kanto good and I absolutely enjoy watching it but not as much as D/P.

And get your facts straight. Go and read before saying things that doesn't make sense. Go and read the reviews and see how you are wrong.

Kariba
25th September 2007, 2:48 AM
I find that the anime isn't as good as it used to be, despite the "balance of reviews" and fanbase. The anime's production values are high, but there isn't much substance to support the glitter.

Earlier seasons were simpler and I guess homey-er (sp?) and more genuine (can't think of better words at the moment). The first two seasons were excellent. Then it got repetitive and boring, with the show feeling diluted and drawn out (pardon the pun). There were high points in the seasons that kept my interest, and the original adaptation and actors were like old friends to me.

Guess you don't know what you've got until it's gone. The episodes now have all the ingredients from former seasons that I recognize as key points of charm and character and sight gags and other stylings, but the show's lost all heart for me. The new cast and writers are partially to blame, the rest is the overall feeling of the show--a very pretty shell with little going on inside.

I do like how the new members of the ensemble are slightly older kids, with a bit of attitude, but they're not all that likeable to me. They take themselves too seriously, and I don't see much more personality in their pokemon than the ones that Misty and Brock had, for example.

Speaking of them, Misty wasn't given a lot to do in the grand scheme of things, but she was a gold-hearted spitfire. Brock was the surrogate mom. I loved that. Yes, I hated Togepi.

I feel like Taj tries to be something it isn't, and has hired people who try to be something they aren't. That's just the feeling I get from all of this mishmash that's gone on. I get the same feeling from the guy who just took on class presidency at my school. He's really charming, but something about him is insincere and annoying and makes me put in my iPod at school assembly and tune him out. :)

The show reflects that, too. It just makes me tired. Maybe my tastes have changed over time. But I still like watching the older stuff, not just for nostalgia's sake but because it was when the show had heart, soul and it just "clicked" for me. The new stuff only makes me want to tune it out. And as I've said, I don't watch it anymore.

Such a long post to say "I don't agree". :)

Korobooshi Kojiro
25th September 2007, 3:44 AM
Well, not everyone is talking about the dub nesscairly. The raw still has the same writers and VAs, and I still enjoy it. It still has that soul to me, and I probably watch the newer episodes more then the old ones.

I do like how the new members of the ensemble are slightly older kids, with a bit of attitude, but they're not all that likeable to me. They take themselves too seriously, and I don't see much more personality in their pokemon than the ones that Misty and Brock had, for example.
The current cast is the same age about as the Kanto cast. What are you talking about? Taking themselves seriously? The writers seem to take the characters less seriously now. :)

And well, if you compare Croagunk and Piplup to say...Zubat, Geodude, or Goldeen...well...yeah.

Sir Devious
25th September 2007, 6:07 AM
Every season of Pokemon had it's own unique-ness and I love them all for it. I do like Johto the best in the Anime but that's just me. I do enjoy the other seasons aswell.

Puffy_Pokemon
25th September 2007, 3:51 PM
I don't watch the anime anymore, but only because they don't show it where I live. But whenever I get a chance to, I watch it because the episodes are getting better and if CN is showing old episodes, I can watch the episodes I've seen so long ago....

DomeFossil
25th September 2007, 4:05 PM
Look, it's simple. If you wanna watch the anime, watch it. If you don't, don't. Don't freaking "rally" people, Metalbird.

lucario36
26th September 2007, 1:31 PM
umm...why hasn't this thread been closed..its like stuffed with flaming ... :S
I still watch pokemon...i dislike the voice actors though...

Power of Fire
26th September 2007, 1:56 PM
seriously the dudes gone stop posting in this thread

Crystal Clair
26th September 2007, 9:18 PM

I agree with you, Cybercubed. And it's not the first time
It's kinda scary.

I dont like Kanto much. It's nice for the nostalgia but the gym battles sucked.

Plus, Kanto is like the reason so many old Pokemon fans complain about the anime. They're always crapping about how Ash releases his Pokemon, how he gets badges given to him and how he's such an idiot, when most of that was only in season 1.

And the new digital animation is nice and smooth.

If you dont like the new dub, then switch over to the raw. Dont understand it? Go onto Serebii and ask any Japanese knower. I did it when I barely knew Japanese and I figured out what was happening.