PDA

View Full Version : Will Ash get a fire-type pokemon in Sinnoh?

charizard92
18th September 2007, 9:50 PM
wat do u think his fire pokemon is going to be in this region?

Typo
18th September 2007, 9:54 PM
Flame Plate Arceus.

charizard92
18th September 2007, 11:23 PM
that would be kool but i thin khes gettn a chimchar

bobjr
18th September 2007, 11:27 PM
I bet he's getting another charizard just to f*** with us.

Leon
18th September 2007, 11:27 PM
Ash doesn't need a fire type this region. He could have another type which knows a fire move e.g a Gible.

Although if he DOES get one, it's more likely to be one from a previous Gen, because there are so few new fire types, and they are mostly not the type of pokemon Ash has ever been givel. Mind oyu, ANYTHING could happen.

XXXO.

phyzexxx
19th September 2007, 7:32 AM
Ash doesn't need a fire type this region. He could have another type which knows a fire move e.g a Gible.XXXO.

I aggre with you. I don´t think that Ash needs a fire pokemon. He could get another like a dragon or a dark.

Reign G
19th September 2007, 9:08 AM
Ash doesn't need a fire or a water type this time, it'd give him chances to go with new ones like Gible or Riolu or something (Not that I'd want him to have those two, but it would open the possibility).

If a fire type is mandatory, I say bring back Cyndaquil, and have it hopefully be his main powerhouse. With Paul having a

Torterra

Ash's Turtwig has a very low chance to evolve. Plus, with all the referances to Johto in the DP games, bringing back a Johto Pokemon would be a good choice. So, let's go with Cybdaquil if he must have Fire, shall we?

Blastoise-
19th September 2007, 10:01 AM
Kanto - charizard Johto - Feraligatr Hoenn - sceptile
see the pattern? one starter of each type fully evolved, and all from different regions, so I think hes getting totodile back instead of cyndaquil.

And, why bring back cyndaquil when he already has a 110% stronger fire pokemon that he can call for whenever he needs it..

RYKUU
19th September 2007, 10:04 AM
fprget ash with a fire pokemon i reckon it is fine the way it is try with a type he hasnt have.

Power of Fire
19th September 2007, 10:46 AM
seriously, he does need a fire type and theres so many other questions like corphish should evolve ETC..

Dark Arceus
19th September 2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe give him another Johto fire type like slugma?

squirtlemaster
19th September 2007, 6:33 PM
i think they should give him another ignorant fire pokemon just like charizard probably
Ponyta

!!-:D@rRyL:-!!
19th September 2007, 7:22 PM
I think that Paul's Chimchar will become Ash fire pokemon. I think that we will have the same story as charmander's Paul might find a better fire pokemon and abandons Chimchar then Ash finds it and cathches it. then in the future he will be a infernape while paul has a torterra

Manaphyman
19th September 2007, 7:27 PM
Everybody wants that... Maybe he'll get Cyndaquil back or something.

charizard92
21st September 2007, 3:04 AM
im jus askn this cause evry region ash gets a new fire pokemon but i think it will be jus like charmander in the first region and lke somone said before me or cyndiquil will come bak and maybe evolve into typhloshin

Shadow Lucario
21st September 2007, 4:04 AM
He didn't have a fire type in Hoenn. So I don't think he's going to get one cause he doesn't need one.

Sir Devious
21st September 2007, 7:01 AM
Well I doubt Turtwig is going to evolve. Hmm.

I don't know if he is getting a fire type.

I'd bet on Riolu and I think Paul will abandon Chimchar and Ash will get it and it will evolve to rival Paul and proove him wrong, changing the way he thinks about Pokemon, then Ash gives him the Infernape. =]

Inferno
21st September 2007, 7:06 AM
i would say his fire pokemon will be either flame plated arceus or dialga and palkai if they know flamethrower or fireblast.

Addydo
21st September 2007, 7:35 AM
He didn't have a fire type in Hoenn. So I don't think he's going to get one cause he doesn't need one.

Um, yes he did! It was Torkoal!

Poke'T<3
22nd September 2007, 12:56 AM
Well I doubt Turtwig is going to evolve. Hmm.

I don't know if he is getting a fire type.

I'd bet on Riolu and I think Paul will abandon Chimchar and Ash will get it and it will evolve to rival Paul and proove him wrong, changing the way he thinks about Pokemon, then Ash gives him the Infernape. =]

he will get a fire type if not the anime has changed i think you are SO right on the paul abandons it and it goes with ash and then it proves him wrong in the league and ash wins then it goes with paul and we get one of those flashback moments with ash and infernape and by the way ash got torkoal in case you forgot... but if ash gets a timid riolu but it is so strong i will be so freaking happy!!!! Ash riolu and pikachu ULTIMATE TEAM!!! i bet he will get the egg if dawn, brock, or paul gets it i will be SO SAD you have NO IDEA!

Sableye King
22nd September 2007, 1:06 AM
Um, yes he did! It was Torkoal!

I think he mixed up Hoenn with his main Battle Frontier team. But I like the Cyndaquil idea, however unlikely it may be. I think the Chimchar vs Zangoose episode will clear up this question.

sippy_juice
26th September 2007, 2:33 AM
Who says Ash is going to get a new fire type? Considering the complete lack of Sinnoh fire types, it seems much more likely that he'll either bring back an old one if he needs it, or just go without. Just because it happened in previous seasons, doesn't mean it will happen now.

~-Overheat-~
26th September 2007, 3:31 PM
Call me crazy, but i think there is a chance that the Chimchar VS>Zangoose episode could be Ash's chimchar

Paul has Torterra
Ash has Turtwig

So whats wrong if Paul has a Chimchar and Ash also has one

Or they both might get all the starters

Paul might get the final evos with Ash having the basic ones

The basics will win and Ash will show Paul that evolving is not the difference( well, it isnt on pokemon crater)

[Spoiler Tags added by Dogasu]

CyberCubed
26th September 2007, 8:15 PM
There will be none.

Shiny pokemon lover
26th September 2007, 11:09 PM
I guess ash will get either Chimchar or Magmortar, because I do not think that he will have other old pokemon than Pikachu. Aipom does not count. I am sure it will evolve.

#Gecko#
27th September 2007, 12:03 AM
I guess Chimchar if Paul adbandoes it, Magmortar, or get Charizard for help.

charizard92
27th September 2007, 1:04 AM
well im pretty sure that he will have a fire pokemon but he might get pauls chimchar cause it looses again and paul is through dealing with it loosing or a new chimchar or magmortar but i rele dont see ash having a magmortar

CyberCubed
27th September 2007, 4:03 AM
He.won't.get.Chimchar.

charizard92
28th September 2007, 3:09 AM
he mite cause paul mite abandon his and ash catches it

Raccario
28th September 2007, 3:29 AM
I think if he does, it will either be a Magmortar or other gen, pokemon, cuz he will not likely get an Chimchar-Infernape, and it is extremely unlikely he will get heatran, but i dont think he will get either.

Sir Devious
28th September 2007, 4:06 AM
Maybe get a Magmorter to rival Pauls Elekid that will be an Electivire by the time Ash gets it. I just don't understand

why the hell they gave him a Torterra..? What does that leave Ash? Paul has two starters with him, one an evolved from of Ash's and the other to easily beat it. I want Paul to leave Chimchar and Ash to get it, but then what about Magmorter... well I guess Dawn got two waters... lol. idk. Im confuzzled.

Typo
28th September 2007, 4:13 AM
I guess ash will get either Chimchar or Magmortar, because I do not think that he will have other old pokemon than Pikachu. Aipom does not count. I am sure it will evolve.

Have you really seen Ampipom? It.Is.Ugly.

I think it will get a chimchar. Unless it gets a Jhoto fire type. I want them to bring back Cyndiquil.

Cobalt_Latios
28th September 2007, 4:42 AM
Personally, Ash doesn't need any fire types. I'm sure most people who played through DP their first time didn't have a fire type on their team, but they made due anyways. I'm certain that at some point, Ash will acquire another Poke that will fill in a much needed position on his team. We just don't know yet.

If it is at all possible, I don't see why Aipom couldn't learn Fire Punch. I mean, it knows Focus Punch, so why not Fire Punch?... Well, after having done some research, he can't learn it. Period. So that eliminates that possibility. One of the few options that exists that doesn't conflict much with anything, is the possibility of Ash getting a Stunky, that evolves into Skuntank and learns Flamethrower. That's about it.

At least, to keep myself from treading on thin ice anyways.

(and in case you're wondering why I bolded "few", it's because I'm aware that there are other ideas, but there aren't many.)

~C_L~

Zan-chan
28th September 2007, 5:04 AM
I doubt he'll get a Chimchar. If Diamond and Pearl is anything like the previous parts of the series, Ash will have a variety of Pokemon, meaning no two Pokemon in his party will be too similar. And in case you haven't yet noticed, Ash already has a primate-like Pokemon on his team: Aipom. 'Nuff said. I personally believe that the Magmortar theory--while also sort of different than the usual "mold" the series seems to have--is actually more likely.

wolftzan
28th September 2007, 10:46 AM
Do you remember how in the Hoenn Saga, a few Sinnoh pokemon were introduced:Bonsly, Munchlax, Weavile...? What if Ash catches a pokemon from the next region? I mean in the Hoenn Saga, May got a Munchlax and Brock got a Bonsly. Besides I don't see Ash catching a fire tipe from this region.

neptune_84
30th September 2007, 10:39 PM
I cant for defo, but where we saw gary had a electrive ash could end up catchin a magmar or magby and it evolvin to magmortar by the time he hits the league.

Sir Devious
1st October 2007, 2:30 AM
I think Ash should get a Stunky and teach it Flamethrower.

I think Jessie is getting Stunky.
Ash needs Magmorter.

chamo-chan
1st October 2007, 2:46 AM
Where is Ash going to get a magmorter annyway?

Almighty Zard
1st October 2007, 5:34 AM
I seriously doubt he'll get a fire type this time unless it is Chimchar, Magmortar doesn't logically work at all on Ash, and quite frankley after the shaft Torkoal got they'd be better off just letting Charizard handle things when he ABSOLUTELY needs a fire type.

Satoshi Tajiri
1st October 2007, 8:34 AM
I hope that he gets NO fire-type in sinnoh. It was cliched and boring

dj_latios
1st October 2007, 10:39 AM
He will...he always does.

jolteonjak
1st October 2007, 3:00 PM
I'll say no. I'm hoping Aipom pulls Fire Punch out of its...tail. Either that or if the planets do align and he gets Riolu let it have Blaze Kick.

I like the idea of Cyndaquil coming back. Its my personal favorite starter, and my second favorite starter (for Ash) to Treecko.

Jesk
4th October 2007, 10:23 AM
I think Ash should Get Chimchar

neptune_84
4th October 2007, 9:30 PM
why are people so against fire types? Also why can no one see him eventually gettin a magmortar? I mean he could catch a magby or magmar and it not evolve until the very end of the sinnoh saga.

charizard92
4th October 2007, 9:35 PM
either that or he just catches one while there goin through some mountain with him in it and it doesnt have to be Mt coront because the anime ppl put a lot of htings in there that arnt in the game

Arceus Master
5th October 2007, 2:11 AM
I doubt it since there airn't any fire pokemon in Sinnoh except for Chimchar's line and Magby's line.

Infernape33
7th October 2007, 7:20 AM
He probally won't get a fire type.

LugiaGirl
7th October 2007, 7:26 AM
who knows, he might, he might not

!!-Eevee-!!
7th October 2007, 9:22 AM
I realy want he get a Fire Pokémon, but i always thought Ash gettin Chimchar.. maybe Paul release Chimchar and Ash catch him!

~Eevee

chorusco
7th October 2007, 10:17 AM
Well With The Lack Of Fire Types In Sinnoh I Would Probably Say No

Shadow Warrior
7th October 2007, 10:18 AM
Nah, Ash would probably be happy with his grass types

Tommy West
7th October 2007, 2:39 PM
Is he getting chimchar?

Pachirisu
7th October 2007, 2:55 PM
Yes Ash is getting Chimchar. It has been confirmed already. However we do not know if it will go back to Paul.

[Spoiler Tag added by Dogasu]

buneary dude
7th October 2007, 4:11 PM
I doubt Ash will get a Sinnoh fire type Pokemon. There are only five new fire types. And one is legendary. But maybe Ash would catch a Ponyta...

neptune_84
9th October 2007, 12:24 AM
I doubt Ash will get a Sinnoh fire type Pokemon. There are only five new fire types. And one is legendary. But maybe Ash would catch a Ponyta...

if anyone was gonna catch a ponyta it would probably be dawn, and personally i think it would suit her quite well. I only just noticed paul has an elekid so this could also add to my theory that if ash gets a fire type it will be magby and then his magby will be pauls elekids kinda rival and the 2 will evolve at simular time to each other in the show.

charizard92
9th October 2007, 12:30 AM
well i dont think hes getting a magby because

char-cario
9th October 2007, 12:43 AM
Ash will get a fire pokemon, but if you want to know what it is, then check the anime spoilers.

Treecko Girl
10th October 2007, 7:09 PM
*SPOILER*

He'll get Paul's Chimchar.

4de_92
11th October 2007, 2:35 AM
chimchar because paul will release him and ash cacth

Biechae
11th October 2007, 2:41 AM
he'll never get one

phyzexxx
11th October 2007, 7:03 AM
Yes he´ll get one. Be patient and wait.

Rufos
20th October 2007, 4:28 PM
He have alredygot :)

chorusco
21st October 2007, 10:47 AM
Well Now He Has Just Got One
Pauls Old Chimchar

vhanix
21st October 2007, 1:56 PM
He already had, Paul's chimchar... That's better the Sinnoh starters are complete on Ash and Co.

sji71492
22nd October 2007, 2:54 AM
Ash will get Paul's chimchar oviously

GrizzlyB
22nd October 2007, 7:19 AM
Don't there need to be more spoiler tags around here?

On topic, though, the question has been pretty much resolved.

Almighty Zard
22nd October 2007, 7:39 AM
yeah, so this thread no longer has a reason to exist

Torterra-417
22nd October 2007, 7:49 AM
Paul let his Chimchar go, so Ash caught it.

Dogasu
22nd October 2007, 12:27 PM
Infraction time!!!!!