PDA

View Full Version : About only 491 Pokémon... (MD2)

blob
18th September 2007, 10:42 PM
I'm annoyed that not all the Pokémon are in this game, and even more annoyed about there probably not bringing to Shaymin and Arceus in MD2 in the US and EU/AU release. (About a years+ time).
PMD always seemed like a series that would keep all Pokémon up-to-date. I think there should atleast be data on the two Pokémon unavalable for Wondermail codes later on.

Ho-oh Master
19th September 2007, 12:59 AM
Shaymin and Arceus havn't come out anywhere yet ;/ Stupid noobs hacked for them.

Shaymin iirc comes out in 09 and Arceus 2010.

Waffles
19th September 2007, 1:11 AM
And now I'm not buying this game. No Shaymin = FAIL FAIL FAIL

blob
19th September 2007, 8:49 AM
Shaymin comes out in 09? I thought that Arceus was coming out in 08, not 10.

But what i mean is, when the game comes out here in the UK, the Shaymin/Arceus movie would already be translated... so, I'm just wanting someone to comform if there is data for both of them in MD2 anyway.

master16
20th September 2007, 9:51 AM
weird i thoht shaymin is going to be released in japan in 08 and arces too i meen thay cant just hide them from the public for too long hwo agreees with me?

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th September 2007, 11:27 AM
PMD always seemed like a series that would keep all Pokémon up-to-date

They do. Arceus and Shaymin aren't suppose to even be known if it weren't for hackers.

Serebii
20th September 2007, 2:33 PM
Shaymin comes out in 09? I thought that Arceus was coming out in 08, not 10.

But what i mean is, when the game comes out here in the UK, the Shaymin/Arceus movie would already be translated... so, I'm just wanting someone to comform if there is data for both of them in MD2 anyway.
No their data isnt in the game. The end

blob
21st September 2007, 1:43 AM
*Implodes*... Damn.It.To.Hell.

If they're not in PMD 2, then why the hell is there data for them in Diamond and Pearl?! DP came out BEFORE PMD 2... so...
This must be the first ever game (other than Ranger) where you can level-up Pokémon in, that doesn't have all of the Pokémon data in previous games.

Commander Blitzkrieg
21st September 2007, 2:02 AM
Idjit. Shaymin and Arceus weren't supposed to be known in the first place, hackers just couldn't be patient. Also, I think there will be events that will grant access to them later on. But once again, we will see much of the hackity-hack-hackers.

Topaz Archer
21st September 2007, 5:32 AM
I want to blame this on the hackers really. =X

Nintendo won't release them because they're too impatient.

So they learn to be patient, yeah?

But, ugh, I wanted to see what Arceus had to say.
"ZOMG STHU IMMA KEE YO!"

evandeck
21st September 2007, 11:38 AM
maybe there will be an nintendo event for MD2

Serebii
21st September 2007, 1:25 PM
maybe there will be an nintendo event for MD2
Even if there werent, they cant just add data like that into the games

*Implodes*... Damn.It.To.Hell.

If they're not in PMD 2, then why the hell is there data for them in Diamond and Pearl?! DP came out BEFORE PMD 2... so...
This must be the first ever game (other than Ranger) where you can level-up Pokémon in, that doesn't have all of the Pokémon data in previous games.
Because they are a part of DP, they have been planned event wise and they intend to use it. Deoxys wasnt revealed until 2 years after R/S's release, its not uncommon and Deoxys was not present in Pinball RS. This is not unheard of. Dungeon isnt one of the main games so it has no obligation to have them. Unlike DP. As DP is to be compatible with future 4th gen games such as a third version and a possible GS remake should it ever actually arrive, even if they were to be revealed in the future, which they will be, they need to be placed in the games for full battle & trade compatibility

Puffy_Pokemon
22nd September 2007, 10:11 AM
While I share the disapointment of the lack of Shaymin in PMD2, Shaymin and Arceaus aren't even suposed to be known about yet (like everyone else said so far...) so just acept we won't be able to recruit the pokemon god or the little green hedgehog.

mewfanforlife
22nd September 2007, 2:22 PM
My friend and I had been talking about how cool it would be to use Arceus in this game. I wish it had been added.

ninjascyther
22nd September 2007, 2:52 PM
Just a note for those who collected 'em all in MD1.

The number of pokemon to collect to completely catch em all in MD2 would be 523 or 524 (depending on celebi or lack thereof).

The first 491 + 2 more burmys + 2 more wormadams + other shellos + other gastrodon + 27 other unowns = 524. (If no celebi = 523).

The lack of arceus and shaymin really sucks, as the cool thing about MD was that you could catch all without going to an event or anything.
Without them it sort of seems incomplete :(. ;123;

blastion156
24th September 2007, 4:31 AM
the first game had ever pokemon up to that point(i still have yet to get mew)... without an event... but the second is missing two pokemons data completely!?!? that just doesnt work for me... i will still get it and try and get all the other pokemon in the game but i really wish that they were in the game because the fact that you could get ANY pokemon if you tried hard enough was one of the best points in mystery dungeon one. i guess we all just have to deal with it. =(

Garmmon
24th September 2007, 7:19 AM
MD 1 had all the Pokemon thus far because they were all already 'officially' released (meaning most people would already know about Mew, Celebi and Deoxys and some other event Pokemon). Now, Shaymin and Arceus aren't 'officially' released to the public yet, and since this game came out about this time when they weren't 'released', they wouldn't have them in the game because they weren't released.

The reason why D/P has the data for Shaymin and Arceus is so that when both of them are released, they can be transferred into the game.

Although I agree, no Shaymin sucks.

Mechanos7
25th September 2007, 6:27 PM
Like everyone on this post said Shaymin and ;493;(Forgot how to spell his name>_<)souldnt of been known for yew years,I agree i loved it when i lreaned about Deoxys.Now hackers ruined the fun.
On-topic: Im happy just to have Palkia and Garchomp/Darkrai in PMD2.

Kein
25th September 2007, 10:40 PM
Because they are a part of DP, they have been planned event wise and they intend to use it. Deoxys wasnt revealed until 2 years after R/S's release, its not uncommon and Deoxys was not present in Pinball RS. This is not unheard of. Dungeon isnt one of the main games so it has no obligation to have them. Unlike DP. As DP is to be compatible with future 4th gen games such as a third version and a possible GS remake should it ever actually arrive, even if they were to be revealed in the future, which they will be, they need to be placed in the games for full battle & trade compatibility
While your explanation is entirely valid, it is not a full one. Shaymin and Arceus are not completely analogous to Deoxys due to having in-game events in Diamond and Pearl, whereas Deoxys' event was first introduced in FireRed and LeafGreen.

One could say that Deoxys and and the 180 non-Hoenn Dex Pokémon (that are not Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Aerodactyl) were excluded from Pinball Ruby/Sapphire because those same Pokémon merely had data in Ruby and Sapphire, which is not saying much in terms of actual availability (at that point in time). It was really as if the developers had made room for Pinball FireRed/LeafGreen later on (although realistically speaking, it is doubtful that even crossed their minds). Moreover, the Japanese e-Cards only served to raise the existing chances of encountering elusive Pokémon, so that even without events all the Pokémon in the game were perfectly obtainable.

In contrast, Mystery Dungeon 2 does employ events (in the form of special passwords) for accessing all Pokémon therein, yet this has not been used to account for Shaymin and Arceus at a later point. This fact does not at all reflect the Pokémon's availability in Diamond and Pearl, since in potential they are equivalent to Darkrai; it strictly has to do with their official status in terms of being acknowledged (in which regard they are different from Darkrai). More to the point, Diamond and Pearl were designed with a prospective longevity that will allow them to remain "mainstream" even when Arceus is finally unveiled; Mystery Dungeon 2 has clearly been relegated to having a considerably shorter lifetime (being released a year later and not even featuring Shaymin).