PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Ash and Brock should retire?

Metal Bird
20th September 2007, 5:28 AM
Well, what can I say, it's been 10 years since the TV series started. Ash and Brock are getting old (and so is Misty). Ash keeps failing in the bigger matches (like the Indigo Leage and the Silver Confrence) and Brock still hasn't had a girlfriend. I think it's about time the two should retire. What do you think?

CyberCubed
20th September 2007, 5:31 AM
I'd like Ash to stay until the writers wrap up his story. Whether it be this region or the next region, I'd like the character to have a decent conclusion.

As for Brock, he should have been given the Misty treatment a long time ago. I've ranted about this before so I won't bother again, but Brock has basically been nothing more than a laughing stock for the last couple of years now.

LugiaGirl
20th September 2007, 5:31 AM
i think they should because they have been on the show too long, let some other pokemon trainer have the spotlight

zeno48
20th September 2007, 5:46 AM
i think they should because they have been on the show too long, let some other pokemon trainer have the spotlight

What is the point of that if everything will be the same. I would rather stick with Ash then having someone new to fill his shoes. I don't want another 10 years for character development. Yugioh anyone?

Anaya
20th September 2007, 5:47 AM
Yeah why not? They are what keep the show going. Along with teh Pikachuuu!!!11

F0xH0und7
20th September 2007, 7:05 AM
im not sure if thats a good idea. i mean, once they're gone, everyone will want them back. if anything, ash should be kicked off though, but im not voting on that.

Power of Fire
20th September 2007, 10:27 AM
oh so now its turning into real life now is it???????

IT"S A FRIGGIN CARTONN GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rapidashlover82
20th September 2007, 11:07 AM
I think they should stay they are awesome.

Mr. Yoshi
20th September 2007, 11:19 AM
...i think ash should go. brock is okay. but ash should go because we all know what would happen... "pikacu use thunderbolt/ iron tail" or whatever. we should have someone new. but pokemon chronicles was kinda bad... and team rocket should go too! >.<

Rapidashlover82
20th September 2007, 11:22 AM
Yea they should bring Team Galactic in and replace Team Rocket with Team Galactic.

Wobuffet fan
20th September 2007, 11:46 PM
Yea they should bring Team Galactic in and replace Team Rocket with Team Galactic.

How can you even think that.:(

Just kidding. But back on topic, I think Brock should go. All he does is stand there getting his ear pulled and says"GO ASH!"

Lil Brother
21st September 2007, 12:43 AM
I don't see Ash leaving... and don't see the point of it either.

I love Brock too, but if sometime in the future he has to leave for a great new character or characters, I wouldn't complain too much (as long as he gets a great farwell). Booting him for a boring character would suck, although the writers have been great at making enjoyable, individual main characters personality-wise and I don't think they'll ever be a character that literally everyone hates.

Corzola
21st September 2007, 1:01 AM
In the TV series Ash can´t leave. He is the main character of the show. We are to follow him to the end whenever that is. The regular Pokemon series is about him, however when it ends we may have a spinoff but thats not the same thing as the main character leaves. The propper question is, shall Pokemon end and/or shall they create a spin off series focusing on new characters?

Brock on the other hand is totally up to the fans and the creators because he is replacable. He is a supporting character (at the best). But I thought he was taken back just for te very reason fans liked him better than Tracy. So if thats the case why should he leave?

A spin off setting 10 years in the future might be an idea, showing everyone what happend to Ash (as the end in Pirates of...3). But even then I think the spin off will be like the "Joey" spinoff after "Friends", it wont do as well as the regular series.

IMO its better to reach the end of Pokemon following Ash journey than start from scratch with a new character.

Kametsou
21st September 2007, 2:45 AM
If Ash and/or Brock retired, I'd stop watching Pokémon. Taking out either of those characters would absolutely ruin the originality of the series. No question about that one.

CyberCubed
21st September 2007, 3:03 AM
How does removing Brock take away the originality of the anime? The guy is completely pointless in 95% of the episodes he's in.

zeno48
21st September 2007, 3:04 AM
How does removing Brock take away the originality of the anime? The guy is completely pointless in 95% of the episodes he's in.

Why because you say so?

PDL
21st September 2007, 4:08 AM
What would be the point to replacing the current characters? They'd only end up with replacements that do the exact same thing that Ash and Brock are currently doing. Only without the fan appeal of the former since they're entirely new but offer nothing new.

The show would just take a big fat nosedive and jump the shark.

Shadow Lucario
21st September 2007, 4:11 AM
I don't think either of them should leave. The show is about Ash and if Brock left what would they do for food? Or do you people think the character that should replace Brock should be just as good a cook? That would be real original

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st September 2007, 4:11 AM
If Ash and/or Brock retired, I'd stop watching Pokémon. Taking out either of those characters would absolutely ruin the originality of the series. No question about that one.
I don't get how replacing characters would make the show less "original", but I don't want them too.

Why? Because the replacements would probably be the same. All you guys wanting Brendan (he was so awesome in 10 seconds! I think he'll be just like THE manga character!), Lucas (oh, he'll be awesome I JUST KNOW IT!), or those people who think Jimmy (who was pretty much a differently packaged Ash) should realize this.

I The show is about Ash and if Brock left what would they do for food?
Um...this isn't a problem. They survived in the Orange Islands.

zeno48
21st September 2007, 4:15 AM
What would be the point to replacing the current characters? They'd only end up with replacements that do the exact same thing that Ash and Brock are currently doing. Only without the fan appeal of the former since they're entirely new but offer nothing new.

The show would just take a big fat nosedive and jump the shark.

That is what I said pretty much but people keep insisting that they want to move on to new characters.

PDL
21st September 2007, 4:17 AM
Um...this isn't a problem. They survived in the Orange Islands.

Just barely actually, although half of it involved not walking as much since they rode around on Lapras most of the time.

CyberCubed
21st September 2007, 4:51 AM
That is what I said pretty much but people keep insisting that they want to move on to new characters.

Why not? Every new girl introduced into the anime becomes a widly popular character, so why aren't the writers replacing Brock?

One "failure" with Tracey doesn't mean they can't do better next time.

blackrose
21st September 2007, 4:55 AM
no way if they did it would be so boring and ash would have never become a pokemon master, they make the show what it is.

zeno48
21st September 2007, 5:05 AM
Why not? Every new girl introduced into the anime becomes a widly popular character, so why aren't the writers replacing Brock?

One "failure" with Tracey doesn't mean they can't do better next time.

I would totally accept if Brock left hands down but I don't want Ash replaced because then pokemon will flop and ratings will die. Brock has over stayed his welcome I do agree on that but I would actually prefer seeing him than a new character the wrtiers introduce. I guess I am afraid of another Tracey happening but I don't know. For now Brock overall has proved to me that I can ignore him and move on. His pokemon actually make me like him more in a peculiar way lol.

CyberCubed
21st September 2007, 5:09 AM
Brock has over stayed his welcome I do agree on that but I would actually prefer seeing him than any other new character. I would actually hate another tracey incident but Brock overall has proved to me that I can ignore him and move on.

The problem is, you don't know what the new character is.

Its the same thing with Paul. Before D/P started I was excited to see Gary return and maybe be Ash's rival again, but since Paul was introduced I realized that was a much better idea.

This show needs NEW characters, not the same old ones that have been here since 10 years. The fact that half the cast right now is exactly the same as it was in Season 1 is pretty sad. I understand keeping Ash and TR but a newer character could immediately provide freshness to the series that Brock lacks.

zeno48
21st September 2007, 5:21 AM
The problem is, you don't know what the new character is.

Its the same thing with Paul. Before D/P started I was excited to see Gary return and maybe be Ash's rival again, but since Paul was introduced I realized that was a much better idea.

This show needs NEW characters, not the same old ones that have been here since 10 years. The fact that half the cast right now is exactly the same as it was in Season 1 is pretty sad. I understand keeping Ash and TR but a newer character could immediately provide freshness to the series that Brock lacks.

Then why didn't they replace him when they had the chance?
Why do they still keep him despite being the same person he was on season 1? The writers had the chance to replace him at the end of the battle frontier but they chose to keep him despite all of the people here who complain that he is old, he is the same, etc. Point is I think it's safe to assume that the writers simply are not interested in replacing Brock and they would rather keep him then let him go. I don't know why but It's obvious that if they had a chance to get rid of him it was in the battle frontier but they didn't.

Robert1984
21st September 2007, 5:30 AM
I say the animators should bring back Misty its been a long time since she was in for a full season the last one was Johto and thats it apart from her odd guest appearances in episodes during Hoenn and Battle Frontier so its about time to bring her back

It would be good to have the original team back together but give them a whole updated look

zeno48
21st September 2007, 5:33 AM
I say the animators should bring back Misty its been a long time since she was in for a full season the last one was Johto and thats it apart from her odd guest appearances in episodes during Hoenn and Battle Frontier so its about time to bring her back

It would be good to have the original team back together but give them a whole updated look

Do you want to watch pokemon fall? Why would they bring back Misty? For cameos yes but in the cast no. Misty is fine where she is at and pokemon is just find without her the same can happen to Brock but sadly he will stay with us until the end of pokemon.

CyberCubed
21st September 2007, 5:50 AM

Definitely not. The original trio completely bombed together in Johto, there's a reason why the writers completely abandoned that group and refuse to go back to it.

I find it laughable that anyone would want the show to regress into that trainwreck. The show needs to get rid of the characters that have been here too long, not bring the old ones back.

Corzola
21st September 2007, 7:48 AM
Oh, Garys return in he series as a "once in 25 ep" character was much welcome. Paul or no Paul, Gary is still one of the greatest characters, who besides Ash has made the best character development.

As I said, the question are, do we want a spin off. Like ending Pokemon the original series with Ash winning/losing some grand tournament, go home and say what he will become as an adult and then end the series.

My suggest would be not so much as a different team as a team with different goals. I could see Brock go, keeping Ash (as I said, he can´t leave) and introduce a male/female character who not is a beginner trainer but aroudn Ash age and they travel trough a region with only team battle gyms, then the show coudl focus on their journey.

However I would have no bigger problem keeping the team as it is, Dawn seems like a good character and Brock is still here, as long as he is we must accept him. Remember that the fans once wanted him back.

lucario36
21st September 2007, 8:32 AM
I think brock should be replaced..its kinda sexist that the girl alwayz has to go and the guys stay...x_x (plus brock IZ pointless...u know it so just admit it)

Rex Kamex
21st September 2007, 8:17 PM
Well, what can I say, it's been 10 years since the TV series started. Ash and Brock are getting old (and so is Misty). Ash keeps failing in the bigger matches (like the Indigo Leage and the Silver Confrence) and Brock still hasn't had a girlfriend. I think it's about time the two should retire. What do you think?

What would be great about them showing Ash's journey for at least 10 (real life, not in the show) years and then ending it with Ash giving up on his journey? Also, the characters haven't really aged, and Brock's not having a girlfriend shouldn't be a reason for him to retire.

Mercutio
21st September 2007, 10:52 PM
Er, by retire you mean get actual jobs right? Because 65 is the retiring age. and Ash is like 20.

RYKUU
21st September 2007, 10:57 PM
i reckon they are fine the way they are.

Extremespeed
21st September 2007, 11:03 PM
I'am waiting for ashs first kiss.

Jirachi Chick :)
21st September 2007, 11:15 PM
Ash has become so predictable. Almost all of the battles end with a cliqued Thunderbolt. He keeps losing a gym the first time, doing a minimal amount of training, using the same exact Pokemon, and miracuously winning. Brock is just plain pointless. From what I've seen in D/P his role is to cheer for Ash and Dawn and have a Croagunk. Specifically, a Croagunk that never does ANYTHING, because Brock never battles. These two need to go. Brock barely had a purpose in the first place, outside being a bit of a navigator in Season 1, and his even more useless now. Ash is just plain getting repetitive.

Poke'T<3
22nd September 2007, 12:13 AM
Ash and pikachu make the whole show i for one loved brock in the begining he was a great big bro to ash but it is old now its just o shes pretty then he is gone I LOVE ASH!!! he needs to tie with cynthia and drag paul through the dust then he will go to kanto and challenge the original E4 and win i think they should throw dawn out in the next episode she has been pointless and she acts like she knows ash so well she was all why doesnt he think before he acts blahh blahh i hate her the last trace of pokemon should be in a movie with ash and he will be in the spotlight NOT DAWN and then there will be a future scene with ash and misty married brock and joy with chansey and happiny next door ash's son/daughter walking off with his own pichu which will be pikachu and bunearys (who will have left Dawn for pikachu) offspring it was good to get all of that out

Virtual Chatot
22nd September 2007, 12:28 AM
Brock is just a funny character to see hit the ground after looking at girls...xD

Getting rid of Ash...Wtf? What kind of a question is that?

Poke'T<3
22nd September 2007, 12:50 AM
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ASH IS THE BEST! if anyone should get booted off the show it should be dawn by a longshot she is soooo annoying i just cant stand her character they are making her overshine ash and she acts like she knows him so well like in the drifloon in the wind she is all like ash should think before he does something well its not like she is all smart and wise she just started and brock should get together with a joy and chansey with him any happiny the last trace of pokemon should be a long movie and come down to ash with misty pikachu and buneary (because it left dawn to leave with pikachu and ash) they should have a house in cerulean next to the gym and ash should have a school to teach future champions because he will have tied with cynthia and beat paul but beat the original elite 4 and lance then go back and sweep through all of the Elite 4 in the regions and they should be waving by to ash and misty's son/daughter and pichu which should be offspring of pikachu and buneary and is leaving with brock and joys daughter who live next door

Mrmagius
22nd September 2007, 12:51 AM
Here's what I think should happen:

1) Brock should be kicked off the show he sucks, mainly because he has no personality at all except he likes rock pokemon and thinks nurse joy/officer jenny is fit.

2) Misty should be brought back somehow for example they could just randomly meet her lke you meet the mother figure in the DS game at hearthome contest hall, that way it would be the first time ever that there would be two female characters.

3) team rocket should actually manage to steal one of ash's pokemon for once, that way they wouldn't be completely useless in the storyline.

Although, I don't want them to leave because I think Jessie is a good strong female character which is what pokemon needs really none of that 'dumb-blonde' crap like they had with may.

4) Pikachu should evolve since it would add a whole new dimension to the show.

5) Ash should build up a team and stick with them instead of changing it every five minutes.

6) Butterfree should come back into the show.

7) when misty comes back into it she should have her togetic back and then evolve it later on in the sinnoh saga.

8) Lapras should come back.

9) Ashes next flying type should be a drifloon.

Corzola
22nd September 2007, 1:24 AM
Its no sense left in this discussion, no one can actually analyse the characters place in the series, instead eveyrone just "OMG I hate him/her/them" or just say that everyone should stay. What about thinking for a bit and not just start bashing everything/everyone?

Poke'T<3
22nd September 2007, 1:41 AM
i did think and i think the writers were stupid to have buizel beat ash and pikachu who have more experience then buizel not to mention the huge advantage, ash has been working on becoming pokemon master for a LONG time and then they turn around and have the begining trainer dawn and piplup who have a million times less EXP. points be able to beat it that is MESSED UP!

zeno48
22nd September 2007, 1:45 AM
i did think and i think the writers were stupid to have buizel beat ash and pikachu who have more experience then buizel not to mention the huge advantage, ash has been working on becoming pokemon master for a LONG time and then they turn around and have the begining trainer dawn and piplup who have a million times less EXP. points be able to beat it that is MESSED UP!

You are so right it's not even funny. I am actually concerned about how the writers are handeling types and advantages. I really am dissapointed how ash is being treated and how levels are so unbalanced in the anime. Pikachu beating a regice and losing to buizel? or how about that tie with elekid? the writers have to show me how much Ash has improved and they treat him like a rookie? after traveling so long he still acts like a rookie? wtf?

the total best!
22nd September 2007, 4:11 AM
Well to them ten years is only like........ what one? Well Ash said stuff in a few years like its been a year since I had pikachu, I remember him saying that. Making him 11. in other episodes he said things like that, and it totals for him to be 13.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum. If you fo the link, youll see things that said.....HE NEVER AGED. Kinda wierd.

the total best!
22nd September 2007, 4:12 AM
Well to them ten years is only like........ what one? Well Ash said stuff in a few years like its been a year since I had pikachu, I remember him saying that. Making him 11. in other episodes he said things like that, and it totals for him to be at least 12 or so.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Ketchum. If you fo the link, youll see things that said.....HE NEVER AGED. Kinda wierd.

lucario36
23rd September 2007, 1:34 PM
we should have like a serebii thing where ALL the members of serebii send emails to the animators of the anime and DEMAND that they need to improve....OR WE'LL STOP WATCHING!

(can we even do that??) XD

Raccario
23rd September 2007, 1:36 PM
I dont like Brock, he is annoying and should leave. Ash should stay though, all Brock does is follow him.

iraqmaster
23rd September 2007, 3:02 PM
I think it's not the fact they should get rid of Ash and Brock but that they need to change their Characters.

Ash, I don't have a problem with, but he needs to stop using his Pikachu too often. I understand it's his first Pokemon, but what about the other Pokemon? no wonder his Pokemon teams are underdeveloped. And he also needs to stop destroying girls' bikes. its getting old.

Brock: seriously, this guy needs to get laid once. Every single girl he comes across, he gets all Horny and lovey dovey. I can understand women being beautiful, but not to go Gaa-Gaa like he does.

Chelc
23rd September 2007, 3:42 PM
Ash - No. I don't want him to leave until his story-line is resolved properly. If the writers did wrap up his story sometime soon (and it wasn't crappy), I wouldn't mind him leaving, but now? Nope. <3 Ash anyways, so I don't want him to leave just yet. ;P

Brock - Haha, I barely notice he exists anymore. The guy is great, but yanno, even if they did replace him, I could STILL see him randomly coming back, because that's how he is. I'm not even sad when he leaves anymore. Imo, he should leave (because his character is like...already dead or has been dying since the beginning of BF, and they need to save him lol), but not if they're going to replace him with the same type of character.

G_S2k
23rd September 2007, 4:48 PM
Ash - No. I don't want him to leave until his story-line is resolved properly. If the writers did wrap up his story sometime soon (and it wasn't crappy), I wouldn't mind him leaving, but now? Nope. <3 Ash anyways, so I don't want him to leave just yet. ;P

Brock - Haha, I barely notice he exists anymore. The guy is great, but yanno, even if they did replace him, I could STILL see him randomly coming back, because that's how he is. I'm not even sad when he leaves anymore. Imo, he should leave (because his character is like...already dead or has been dying since the beginning of BF, and they need to save him lol), but not if they're going to replace him with the same type of character.

I agree with Chelc - however, I really do want Brock to go simply because he is now a pointless character that should have been phased out after johto.

zeno48
23rd September 2007, 5:41 PM
I agree with Chelc - however, I really do want Brock to go simply because he is now a pointless character that should have been phased out after johto.

As much I hate to admit it I actually do enjoy seeing Brock more. I don't know how the whole group would be without him but I really feal he is being treated a lot better in d/p then AG. His pokemon are really cool and I wouldn't really want to change that.

Rex Kamex
24th September 2007, 12:10 AM
Er, by retire you mean get actual jobs right? Because 65 is the retiring age. and Ash is like 20.

20?! Ten years have passed in real life, not in the show.

2) Misty should be brought back somehow for example they could just randomly meet her lke you meet the mother figure in the DS game at hearthome contest hall, that way it would be the first time ever that there would be two female characters.

As much as I'd want there to be two girls in the group, I wouldn't want Misty to rejoin. It's been 200+ episodes since she's been in the group, and she'd need to have a great use in the group rather than just be a sidekick. (Plus, I'd want there to be two guys in the group as well, including Ash, but that's another story.)

3) team rocket should actually manage to steal one of ash's pokemon for once, that way they wouldn't be completely useless in the storyline.

I wouldn't mind this, but ultimately, they can't just get away with it.

Although, I don't want them to leave because I think Jessie is a good strong female character which is what pokemon needs really none of that 'dumb-blonde' crap like they had with may.

May was clueless in the beginning (not even 100% clueless), but overtime she got smart enough to travel alone. And not just by the end of Battle Frontier, I think she could have traveled alone earlier. Not that I would've wanted that. (And she wasn't even a blonde. Okay, I didn't really have to say that.)

Unless they brought in another Pikachu, that would destroy the ratings. In fact, another Pikachu might not work.

5) Ash should build up a team and stick with them instead of changing it every five minutes.

He only changes the team every region, not every few episodes.

What about it's mate?

7) when misty comes back into it she should have her togetic back and then evolve it later on in the sinnoh saga.

Togetic would have to leave the Mirage Kingdom and then find a way to evolve. (I don't think Togetic would've left Misty in the first place if it could just leave the Mirage Kingdom on it.)

I'd personally rather just see him get a new Pokemon, but that's just me.

CyberCubed
24th September 2007, 5:05 AM
MJC cartoguy, don't even bother. Its laughable that in a thread talking about Ash/Brock leaving that Misty fanatics come in crying about how she should come back into the series. Considering the same guy wants Butterfree back, pay him no mind.

The original trio completely bombed together in Johto and its hilarious how people don't realize the reason they got rid of Misty was so they don't repeat that failure. Looking back now, its such a god awful trainwreck and its sad that people want a repeat of that mess.

Corzola
24th September 2007, 9:20 AM
Even if Mistys importance fell in the end every new girl will be compared to her. Then one character don´t make the series, Master Quest was IMO a good season, just because Misty and Brock had little to do (and Brock still has very little to do) that dosen´t mean that the last season with them as regulares failed as a series/season.

And then it really is a difference between some of Ash first Pokemon who left early on, and the human characters who was in the series for years.

Archimedes
25th September 2007, 12:25 AM
If by retire you mean die horribly then yes. Ash, Brock, Misty, May, Whatever other characters they've ever traveled with. They're all shitty characters. Just go the Digimon route and replace em' with a fresh cast, one with actual ****ing personalities.

Lady_Venus
25th September 2007, 12:31 AM
No, it would be weird without Ash. And Brock is pretty much the comic relief of the show...besides Team Rocket, but they can get kind of annoying.

buneary dude
25th September 2007, 12:33 AM
If that did happen, ratings would hit low. But I wouldn't want then to leave. I mean if Ash left, it wouldn't be...Pokemon!

~Spacial_Rendation~
25th September 2007, 12:50 AM
I dont think ethier should leave. Brock because the only reason me and my dad (yes my dad) watch it is because Brock is in it. HE IS SO FUNNY!!! Getting rejected by every girl he trys to impress and losing him would result in a major letdown on pokemon( thats why the Orange Island saga wasen't as good.) and Ash because he is the main charecter and many kids who watch the anime will get confused and wonder "Why was Ash replaced" Because there only used to Ash. The one who SHOULD retire is... ;025; Yes PIKACHU!!
He's boring use thunderbolt/volt takle all the time The only reason he's there is to look cute and to be an innocent bystander and to kill team rocket LET HIM DIE VIOLENTLY!!!! Ash get Totodile or another one of Your pokemon to be your henceman instead PIKACHU IS BORING!!!!!!!

Alkaide
25th September 2007, 2:03 AM
Why would they get rid of the main character ? ! ? ! ?

But seriously, Ash's the main character. Brock is some what main, but he's cool...... and now that Max is gone he has a purpous again. So, no, he shouldn't leave. o.O

Sir Devious
25th September 2007, 5:59 AM
The anime is about Ash. It's not about anyone else but Ash. Without Ash, there is no Pokemon. =/ That's the way it is. Him and Pikachu are going to be here till the very end.

phyzexxx
25th September 2007, 6:26 AM
No, they shouldn´t retire, they are good I like them, and really I don´t see pokemon without Satoshi.

Rave
25th September 2007, 6:32 AM
If by retire you mean die horribly then yes. Ash, Brock, Misty, May, Whatever other characters they've ever traveled with. They're all shitty characters. Just go the Digimon route and replace em' with a fresh cast, one with actual ****ing personalities.

I think I'll drink to that.

~-Overheat-~
26th September 2007, 5:07 PM
I loled at this thread...ofcourse NO...Ash is the hero and they need Brock for the cooking, breeding, love scenes etc. Ash and Brock will never go, only the girls will change from region to region

#Gecko#
26th September 2007, 11:54 PM
That's why Digimon is so popular today, huh. I bet if Digimon stayed with the characters of the first season, this forum would be Digimon Anime Discussion.
Anyway, I think Brock should leave, at least for a little break like in Orange Islands.

Metal Bird
27th September 2007, 4:38 AM
That's why Digimon is so popular today, huh. I bet if Digimon stayed with the characters of the first season, this forum would be Digimon Anime Discussion.
Anyway, I think Brock should leave, at least for a little break like in Orange Islands.
Digimon isn't that popular anymore. That was back durring what I would call "The Pokemon-Digimon War". In America, it started back in 1999 and I think it lasted until 2003 (prior to Pokemon Advanced). I also think Pokemon won the war.

But still, I think Jimmy and Marina would make great replacements.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th September 2007, 4:39 AM
But still, I think Jimmy and Marina would make great replacements.

They were basically the same damn thing.

Digimon isn't that popular anymore. That was back durring what I would call "The Pokemon-Digimon War". In America, it started back in 1999 and I think it lasted until 2003 (prior to Pokemon Advanced). I also think Pokemon won the war.

There was no war, just fans who couldn't like both like I could, or just accept others had different opinions.

But yeah, Pokemon is more popular...probably because of the impact of the games, but I'm sure the Anime did better though in ratings then Digimon did, atleast. Doesn't mean it was a better show, but plainly it caught on easier.

Archimedes
27th September 2007, 6:59 AM

Shitty argument is ****ing shitty. Ash and all of his little friends are stale, one dimensional characters. They have no goddamn personality of their own and there hasn't been a bit of character development since the first five minutes of the series. Either kill em off and replace em or start ****ing developing them.

~Spacial_Rendation~
27th September 2007, 9:38 AM
That's why Digimon is so popular today.

DIGIMON IS FOR GAYLORDS (are you being sarcastic) it is so lame. I always thought that Digimon was someone else's answer for Pokemon. Just like Bugs Bunny was W.B's answer for Mickey Mouse!(But Bugs Bunny is WAY better)

Garmmon
27th September 2007, 10:22 AM
Either scrap em', or give them some life. Ash's personality didn't seem to have grown much from when the anime first started years ago. Maybe he's grown a little, but meh. But one could say I'm seeing them in an unfair sort of way because I don't like Ash.

I mean, I don't think Ash has much of a personality besides a little hot-headedness sometimes. (Dunno about D/P, never bothered to watch Pokemon after Advanced Gen) But if I ask every single cousin I have who watches Pokemon, I bet they can't give me Ash or Brock's personality, aside 'loves battling' or 'loves cooking/girls' or something.

DIGIMON IS FOR GAYLORDS (are you being sarcastic) it is so lame. I always thought that Digimon was someone else's answer for Pokemon.

I am a Gaylord? o_O
Have you actually watched Digimon before?
Have you even realised how much suprerior the anime is compared to Pokemon? (Pokemon might be good for a bit of laughs or such, but that's about it.) Digimon and Pokemon are completely different things. Get over it.

pokemaster 13
27th September 2007, 11:19 PM
Either scrap em', or give them some life. Ash's personality didn't seem to have grown much from when the anime first started years ago. Maybe he's grown a little, but meh. But one could say I'm seeing them in an unfair sort of way because I don't like Ash.

I mean, I don't think Ash has much of a personality besides a little hot-headedness sometimes. (Dunno about D/P, never bothered to watch Pokemon after Advanced Gen) But if I ask every single cousin I have who watches Pokemon, I bet they can't give me Ash or Brock's personality, aside 'loves battling' or 'loves cooking/girls' or something.

I am a Gaylord? o_O
Have you even realised how much suprerior the anime is compared to Pokemon? (Pokemon might be good for a bit of laughs or such, but that's about it.) Digimon and Pokemon are completely different things. Get over it.

i like that series too.
meh,bet he didn't.
people have opinions,but I'll take your word for it
true,true.

ash is the main characters for the series,so he'll be there till it dies(franchise and all).brocks only there for some laughs(and to give dawn advise and stuff) I can't see him leaving either.the writers are doing what they think is best(keeping some of the characters in for each region)I guess they saw the lose of digimon and the risk it would take for the viewers(no offense,i like that show too)what i mean"the lose of digimon"(wasn't there a litte going between the two)is that each season,they replaced the old cast with new ones with new digimon aswell.

ShadowDragon16
27th September 2007, 11:51 PM
I think they replaced brock in Orange Islands because to see how popular Brock was, appearently the fans wanted brock back so the writers brought him back. Getting rid of Ash is like getting rid of the whole series. Look at Yu-gi-oh, Yugioh Gx never lived up to the original, the new heros are never as good as the original ones, I bet most people prefer Yugi then Jaden. (I personally hate him) The same for Ash, replacing Ash will destroy the shows rating and the show will take a dive into nothingness.

Corzola
27th September 2007, 11:58 PM
A good thing would be to let Brock go, with a send off similar to that of Misty when she left, a real emotional episode. Therafter introduce a new male character in Ash age and really work hard to get him to fit in the show and get the fans of the Pokemon show to like him.

The main problem is, would the majority of the fans (not the diehard fans, those would dislike Brocks send off, not caring who replaced him) take the new character to their heart or would they demand Brocks return? Misty left and her fans saw her go with sadness and her uh...non fans was glad to see her go. Either way, she left. What about doing the same thing with Brock.

But talking about get rid of Ash is wrong, as I pointed out, Ash leaves when Pokemon the original series end. If they ever create a spin off he will not be there but that is a spin off. Everybode have to accept that Ash won´t leave in the orginal Pokemon series.

This stupid non constructive bashing is ridicoules. If you don´t like the show, don´t watch. If you like the show in general but dislike some characters or happenings discus that in a constructive way.

Deoxys911
28th September 2007, 12:10 AM
I think Ash should leave. He's just so annoying and childish! But Brock should stay. He is one of the coolest, maturist, and least childlike characters on the show(Not counting the adult characters.).

~Spacial_Rendation~
28th September 2007, 12:31 AM
I am a Gaylord? o_O

Yes in-fact. Boring as hell. But the newer series of digimon i kind of like atually where the people atually turn into digimon themselves.
And they have Friggen personalities to. Unlike the first siries who had no damn personalitys and besides these are other peoples opinions not everyone hase to like digimon.
ANd I thought this was a forum for pokemon not digimon.The thing that is really annoying in digimon is evey digimon ends in.. MON. at least with pokemon they got creative with the names.

Garmmon
28th September 2007, 9:28 AM
Now that I think of it, no matter how much I want Ash to leave, he can't. I agree with ShadowDragon16; Ash has been around for the entire series, the whole series probably revolves partially around Ash and friends. No Ash is just...wrong, somehow, mostly to the fans of Pokemon who've watched it for so long. Even if he's an annoying brat 99% of the time. (no offense to Ash fans) Even I'm used to Ash myself...he seems an identifying figure for Pokemon.

While there is barely any chance of Ash leaving, Brock still has possibilities of leaving, but I don't really see him too...bad.

@Will_o_Wisp: Pokemon names aren't that creative too. (No, they're not bad, just...yeah) e.g. Hitokage (Charmander's Japanese name) is Japanese for salamander. So, that's like calling Charmander 'Salamander'. Not that creative. X3

~Spacial_Rendation~
28th September 2007, 11:41 AM
Lets just stop the debate on Pokemon and Digimon. They both have there ups and downs(kind of agree on the Ash is a Brat Thing).They are almost simalar in some ways.And you have a point there some names arent that creative.

Poke'T<3
30th September 2007, 5:12 AM
how is ash a brat? he was only a brat for a while when he was all overconfident in the begining but he is over that now... why are people getting so worked up over it? you are like cussing and stuff it is a cartoon meant for enjoyment if you didnt enjoy it you would be here.... but anyways no the final thing is Ash will be here forever (THANK GOD) brock should get married to a nurse joy they basically set him up by giving him a happiny... ash will live happily with misty somewhere with pikachu (hopefully buneary to) then cute little bunearys and pikachus will be running all over the house the end

zeno48
1st October 2007, 4:54 AM
I think I'll drink to that.

Care to share some Rave and Aegisx why would they suddenly replace the original character if the new ones will end up doing the exact same thing as Ash. If it went the digimon route Pokemon would lose ratings badly but It's thanks to the original characters that Pokemon is still recognized and continues to milk nintendo a lot of mulah but It's mostly the games that do that not the anime and Pokemon sales like 100 times better than digimon games.

Fred
1st October 2007, 5:00 AM
Well... no I dont becouse of a few things. one to them time goes by realy slow so its only been like 1, 2 years to them. 2 as long as theres still people watching there still gona be there... and last but not least...there not real its a Tv show...

(the only reason I can realy see for brock leaving is to go be a good pokemon breeder..

BugLoverCody
1st October 2007, 5:33 PM
Well, I am not an Ash fan, but since he is the main hero, it's hard to get rid of him. With a few changes in personality and Pokemon in hand he should be ok.

Brock shall go though. I mean, come on, the same "humour" with him and girls and someone punching him or pinching his ear, it's getting old. Plus, he has a family to take care of, and a Gym.

Mercutio
1st October 2007, 7:40 PM
I like Brock but he's pointless. He needs to go back and train his team, get stronger. I mean, he could end up wth a Steelix, Golem, Crobat, Swampert, Forretress, Ludicolo, of course Toxicroak. He's got potential to kick ***. Or he could follow his dream as a breeder. Either way, he needs a break.

Edited for poor spelling.

Corzola
1st October 2007, 8:48 PM
Yeah, as I said, I can see Brock go. The thing however may be, when he evetually returns would the fans like him and his new team or would they/we been used to a new character so much that we don´t like to see Brock return? Maybe they should keep him out until the end then and just show him and Tracy (and Misty & May?) as Ash old friends when he (for the last time) returns to Pallet Town.

~Spacial_Rendation~
2nd October 2007, 8:28 AM

1) Brock should be kicked off the show he sucks, mainly because he has no personality at all except he likes rock pokemon and thinks nurse joy/officer jenny is fit.

9) Ashes next flying type should be a drifloon.

1. has a good chance of happening

2.Agree

3.Yes. But a Crappy pokemon that they regert stealing.

4.TOTALLY>.< RAICHU PWNS!!!! and when he evolves he should learn Zap cannon make it a bit more interesting.

5.True.. True..

6. I Read for a pokemon website (can't remember name) That In the Jap episode the pokedex said that butterfreeies DIE when They breed. So not a very likly cahnce of happening

7.Most likly of happening

8 & 9. That a good Idea.

NorwayChamp
2nd October 2007, 11:03 AM

HELL NO!!! wait untill 4 seasons or something when ash is done, and brock have to stick with him!

Corzola
2nd October 2007, 2:15 PM
Butterfrees dont die when they breeding. Apperently a false rumor.

Pikachu is trademarked in so many ways outside the show that he can´t evolve. It would be like changing the Disney logo and replace Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. Pikachu sitting on Ash shoulder is so iconic as them (in Disney).

And Ash Pikachu in question don´t need to evolve, its like in the games when you press B, your Pokemon have the same powers as if it where evolved but remains in the stage you want it to be. Rachiu would bring nothing to the show.

CyberCubed
2nd October 2007, 7:34 PM
Um, why are people mentioning Misty in this thread? The topic is about Ash or Brock leaving, Misty is already gone so there's no point bringing her into this.

Why do people honestly believe the original trio is meant to be important? As it stands right now, they don't even make up a majority of the anime anymore, and as D/P continues to go on, it'll make up even less of it.

The writers will never dare to reunite the original trio again after that Johto saga, its because of that failure that they completely abandoned them altogether and tried to re-boot the show in a new direction.

Leona
2nd October 2007, 8:50 PM
That's true CyberCubed, however alot of people want Misty back, and guys, if you do i suggest you make a thread about it rather than talk about it here ;\

~Spacial_Rendation~
3rd October 2007, 6:26 AM
I thought the Johto series was the best one.

Pachirisu
3rd October 2007, 11:49 AM
I thought the Johto series was the best one.

To me, it was the worst one.

CyberCubed
3rd October 2007, 2:01 PM
The only good Johto season was Master Quest, the first two represent two of the weakest seasons in the entire anime.

The problem with it is both Misty and Gary were handled poorly, and in the end, its no surprise why Johto turned out to be the last saga for both of them as major characters. Not to mention the amount of repetitive fillers, Johto was the first saga where fillers REALLY started to be hated.

There are some good individual episodes in Johto, but as a whole, meh. It becomes pretty obvious why the writers changed the show so much after that saga.

Corzola
3rd October 2007, 7:48 PM
Jotho was actually pretty good IMO. However a bit to long, instead of 3 seasons they could have kept it in a 2 season span. I think Misty and Gary was handled well (at least in the Master Quest part of the series). The problem with a three season saga is that they as you say have to many fillers. But Advance in Hoen was good but a bit to long. I liked that BF was fast. Good characters, good story and a bit more intresting than OI.

But as someone in another thread said, 4 characters may be a bit to many, Brock and Max had to share screen time that was originaly meant for 1 character. But now they are 3 again and Brock might get more important again. Maybe thats the reason why they keep him, because now they can give him plots.

pokemaster 13
3rd October 2007, 10:55 PM
Jotho was actually pretty good IMO. However a bit to long, instead of 3 seasons they could have kept it in a 2 season span. I think Misty and Gary was handled well (at least in the Master Quest part of the series). The problem with a three season saga is that they as you say have to many fillers. But Advance in Hoen was good but a bit to long. I liked that BF was fast. Good characters, good story and a bit more intresting than OI.

But as someone in another thread said, 4 characters may be a bit to many, Brock and Max had to share screen time that was originaly meant for 1 character. But now they are 3 again and Brock might get more important again. Maybe thats the reason why they keep him, because now they can give him plots.true.he's there to help dawn out whenever she has a question about pokemon,plus there are some episodes so far bringing the breeder back into brock.

CyberCubed
4th October 2007, 4:37 AM

Johto went on for 157 episodes in total, and only about 60 of those episodes are worth watching, the rest was terrible fillers or bad episodes.

Between the zero character development, the lack of focus on Ash's Johto team (only Bayleef got treated well), Misty and Gary's lack of attention, and the amount of dreaded fillers, its mostly a trainwreck.

I don't know why people still defend it when even the writers themselves acknowledged the show was in a rut which is why they changed the entire way the show is done after that saga.

Corzola
4th October 2007, 7:51 AM
That’s nothing to defend, some like it and some don’t. It’s subjective and you can’t say as a fact that so and so many episodes where good/bad as it was some kind of fact. You thought it lacked character development and I don’t so why argue about that. Subject opionons shall not be confused with fact. And subject opnions can never be fact.

CyberCubed
4th October 2007, 8:14 PM
That’s nothing to defend, some like it and some don’t. It’s subjective and you can’t say as a fact that so and so many episodes where good/bad as it was some kind of fact. You thought it lacked character development and I don’t so why argue about that. Subject opionons shall not be confused with fact. And subject opnions can never be fact.

You can't argue character development because its either there or it isn't. There's no other way to look at how the writers handle things. The only character who got character development in Johto was Gary, and he didn't even appear that much.

Ash was largly the same as he was in Kanto, he just battled a little better. Looking at Ash in AG or D/P, THEN you can see a clear difference between how he used to be. Ash is no longer that "idiot newbie" that he used to be in the early seasons, and that change happened when AG started and his battles and Pokemon started getting much more impressive and more powerful.

Brock is and always will be exactly the same. He's the only main character (aside from Tracey, maybe), who hasn't gotten any character development his entire time on the show.

Misty was mostly the same as she was in Orange, except even more calmed down, which is why she wasn't all that interesting aside from the few fillers given to her.

Hell, you can honestly chop off the Johto saga entirely and the only thing you'd miss in terms of character development is Ash/Gary's rivalry during the league and of course GCYL when Misty leaves. Aside from those moments, everyone was stagnant.

TwilightFacade
4th October 2007, 9:43 PM
Brock shouldn't have come back after Orange Islands. Out of every character, he's received the least character development and is just a pitiful excuse for a main character. (His Pokemon are great though)

Ash...well he's a bit stale. It's just after 10 seasons, you'd think he'd be a really strong trainer. Unfortunately, the writers reset his power after every region, so he's still not getting stronger. Still, he should stay until he reaches his goal.

Super-Staff
4th October 2007, 9:57 PM
Still, he should stay until he reaches his goal.

If he ever does.

The reason he never wins any leagues and always gets his teams reset is so the show can run longer. Because, apparently, if he keeps losing, that means he'll just automatically try again and go to the NEXT new region corresponding to whatever game is out. :/

I think the only way he will win is if they plan to end the anime series for good. And even then, we're not guaranteed that either. I mean, some anime just get cancelled abruptly and don't get any resolution. Look at Inuyasha for example.

Swords Dance
4th October 2007, 10:12 PM
Ash and Brock till I die! Lol.

Prof.Rocket
4th October 2007, 10:24 PM
Well, the show was made around Ash, so it wouldn't make sense to git rid of him. And at times it may seem creepy some young teen/pre-teen girl running around with two guys in their early to mid 20s being chased by two weirdos and a talking Pokemon just to please a boss who doesn't like them, but really it's so much more than that! Haha! But seriously folks, the show was made around Ash, he can't be ditched or the show becomes pointless. And Brock....he just fits!

Prof.Rocket
4th October 2007, 11:04 PM
OMG! ROFLMAO! The way you explained the show is hysterical!: (I bolded the part that I thought was funny.)

Ash really should stay. If the "creators" were willing to give Brock more things to do, then he can stay as well I guess. ;136;

Haha, thanks! It just came out as I was typing. Gave no thought to it at all haha maybe that's why it's funny.
And I agree, Brock should get a bit more to do haha.

Chaos Emperor
6th October 2007, 2:35 AM
Brock should, but Ash shouldn't.

They should give Brock another break. I think if he didn't appear in Johto, but then returned in Hoenn, BF, or Sinnoh, he'd be a better character. The fact that he returns time and time again makes him dull. If there's a gen 5 series, he should be absent from it, and replaced with someone else. I think if he was absent for more than just the OI saga, people wouldn't hate him as much.

Ash obviously won't leave. They coould've replaced him after the Orange Islands, Johto, or the Battle Frontier, but they didn't. Since Ash has something to do, he doesn't get dull like other characters, even though it's the same thing each saga (collect 8 badges, enter the leauge, place in the top 8, or enter some thing that doesn't relate to an official league, win, and get beat by Gary).

chorusco
6th October 2007, 9:49 AM
Maybe Brock
Im Fed Up Of Him

vhanix
6th October 2007, 1:48 PM
Ash started the show and so is Brock and still they are still pursuing in order to reach their goals, Misty finally decided what she wants and now trains herself to become a better water trainer in her own gym.

Blaziryu
6th October 2007, 8:13 PM
Yes, both Ash & Brock should retire. Ash is a poor excuse of a Pokemon trainer & Brock is just a desperate virgin. They should find a new line of work.

BirdStaraptor
7th October 2007, 6:46 AM
No way . Ash is my hero and if he retires I will stop watching the show .

only Brock and pikacho should retire.

boorego
8th October 2007, 3:11 AM
Well I think Brock should retire or take a break unless the show gives him something intresting to do, like fill up a pokedex with data like in the games.

I would want Ash to retire (seriously that guy sucks) but I don't think he can considering the show revoulves around ash and his journey to become a pokemaster.

But what I think the best thing to be would be to ditch this series and make an entirely new pokemon series that has a more competent trainer and is more darker.

zeno48
8th October 2007, 11:16 PM
No way . Ash is my hero and if he retires I will stop watching the show .

only Brock and pikacho should retire.

No, It wouldn't be the same without Pikachu and Brock can fall off a cliff for all I care.

pokemaster 13
9th October 2007, 12:28 AM
Well I think Brock should retire or take a break unless the show gives him something intresting to do, like fill up a pokedex with data like in the games.

I would want Ash to retire (seriously that guy sucks) but I don't think he can considering the show revoulves around ash and his journey to become a pokemaster.

But what I think the best thing to be would be to ditch this series and make an entirely new pokemon series that has a more competent trainer and is more darker.
explain the how making it darker will make it better?

squirtwig16
9th October 2007, 1:49 AM
Personally, I think..... ASH SHOULD GO!!! I have come to like him a bit more compared to Paul. But his new voice sucks out loud. Every episode it's always "Pikachu use Thundebolt, Volt Tackle , Iron Tail , or somthin'. Honestly, is it that hard to throw a freakin' BALL!!! Brock's my favorite. Although he could battle a little more. Dawn, I dont mind her.

zeno48
9th October 2007, 5:09 AM
Personally, I think..... ASH SHOULD GO!!! I have come to like him a bit more compared to Paul. But his new voice sucks out loud. Every episode it's always "Pikachu use Thundebolt, Volt Tackle , Iron Tail , or somthin'. Honestly, is it that hard to throw a freakin' BALL!!! Brock's my favorite. Although he could battle a little more. Dawn, I dont mind her.

The problem with Ash leaving is that ratings will fall drastically.

iraqmaster
4th November 2007, 3:07 PM
If not retire, then change the way they do things.

Come on, I'm tired of seeing Ash go to every single region, doing the exact same thing. Fight gym leaders, collect badges, and fight in league. Is this going to be the norm for the next 8+ regions we come across?

And come on, Brock needs to get laid. Seeing him go gaga across every woman he sees is getting kind of old.

Rex Kamex
5th November 2007, 10:10 PM
we should have like a serebii thing where ALL the members of serebii send emails to the animators of the anime and DEMAND that they need to improve....OR WE'LL STOP WATCHING!

(can we even do that??) XD

We can do that... but it won't work. The thousands of other fans will make sure of it.

Kabuto
5th November 2007, 10:18 PM
Well the thing is, Ash and Brock have no reason to leave.

Ash: Main protagonist, the buildup would be for naught if he left.

Brock: Replacing a side character for another side character wont make anything different, unless Brock was replaced by someone who actually did something, making Ash's spotlight decrease even moreso. This is why the female is always leaving. She is replaced by another who has a star role, and gains alot of popularity (which new female characters generally do).

markomega
5th November 2007, 10:31 PM
I think Brock should beat it, hes annoying. I liked it better when they'd see pokemon and knew nothing about it or its moves. But Brock seems to know every new pokemon and new move....No me gusta. Ash is annoying to IMO but he's also the main character so he says.

Michii
5th November 2007, 10:38 PM
Naw, let them stay. They've been with me since I started watching the anime at five. It would be weird seeing the series without them on. But I've got to admit; Brock is getting dull..

neo_senku
7th November 2007, 8:29 PM
i dont want either of them to go but i think they need to show brock doing something with his goals of becoming a pkmn breeder, its not shown that much and i think the writiers sorta ruined what could have been a cooler character.

ParaChomp
8th November 2007, 3:28 AM
both should go

a new story, a new start, a new plot

if not, at least brock should leave

zeno48
9th November 2007, 4:53 AM
both should go

a new story, a new start, a new plot

if not, at least brock should leave

What's the point of staring a new story with different characters if they are going to do the same thing as the old ones? I agree though that Brock should have gotten the boot in battle frontier and we should have started with a new cast instead of keeping Brock. Ash and pikachu are the symbol and those 2 and the games is what keeps Pokemon alive.

Ethan
9th November 2007, 4:58 AM
No. That would ruin it. Cartoon characters aren't supposed to age, that's part of what makes them so great.

zeno48
9th November 2007, 5:02 AM
No. That would ruin it. Cartoon characters aren't supposed to age, that's part of what makes them so great.

That's a matter of opinion but the thing is that Ash is now in his 4th region and he still looks the same. He doesn't look any different other then the new clothes and more precise drawings they sketch out but other than that he should look a lot older or at least noticeable to tell his age. Sadly he still looks like he is 10.

King Charizard
9th November 2007, 5:10 AM
Ash will stay until you die!!!

CyberCubed
9th November 2007, 7:02 PM

Well, the passage of time is messed up now since Ash travels with new 10 year olds

Nova_Delta
9th November 2007, 10:04 PM
Hell naw! I grew up watching Ash, Misty and Brock kick *** all through the Kanto and Johto regions! I don't want them replaced for some new copies that probably aren't even as cool as them. I bet the newbie trainer would have the same personality as Ash, only he'd probably have a new D/P starter Pokemon be the equivlent of Pikachu and Brock would probably be replaced by another Sanji-ripoff....hell Brock already IS a Sanji rip-off.

CyberCubed
9th November 2007, 10:08 PM
Hell naw! I grew up watching Ash, Misty and Brock kick *** all through the Kanto and Johto regions! I don't want them replaced for some new copies that probably aren't even as cool as them. I bet the newbie trainer would have the same personality as Ash, only he'd probably have a new D/P starter Pokemon be the equivlent of Pikachu and Brock would probably be replaced by another Sanji-ripoff....hell Brock already IS a Sanji rip-off.

Are you kidding? Misty lost a good chunk of her personality in Johto and Brock is just as useless now.

They got rid of Misty to replace her with more important female characters, why not get rid of Brock and replace him with a newer sidekick?

Nova_Delta
9th November 2007, 10:17 PM
Because the newer Brock replacement probably wouldn't be that much better than him. Was Hakura/May that much better than Misty? I really wouldn't know since i missed out on Hoenn. All i know is Misty was awesome(when i was a kid)she might've been useless but at the time i didn't think so. Maybe from a teenagers perspective now i'd find her useless but i haven't seen any old eps in forever. Maybe the newer females are much more appealing and more useful than Misty, but still little kids wouldn't care....i didn't. They still might prefer Misty more than Hakura or Hikari.

Nova_Delta
9th November 2007, 10:37 PM
Because the newer Brock replacement probably wouldn't be that much better than him. Was Hakura/May that much better than Misty? I really wouldn't know since i missed out on Hoenn. All i know is Misty was awesome(when i was a kid)she might've been useless but at the time i didn't think so. Maybe from a teenagers perspective now i'd find her useless but i haven't seen any old eps in forever. Maybe the newer females are much more appealing and more useful than Misty, but still little kids wouldn't care....i didn't. They still might prefer Misty more than Hakura or Hikari.

sorry188
9th November 2007, 11:53 PM
Both Ash and Brock need to stay. If they were to retire the show would never be the same again. The show would be full of strangers and no one familiar with developed personalities. Also, if Ash aged he would no longer relate with the audience the show was originally made for.

jj the pokeman
9th November 2007, 11:53 PM
i would like to respond with this...
HELL NO!

ok sorry for breaking the rules but why would you want them to retire?!
there has been a few seasons without Brock but if you take away Ash, then you mine-as-well take away Pikachu who is the backbone of pokemon!

When I think of pokemon, i first think of Pikachu, then Ash and Brock and everyone

NO WAY should Ash and Brock leave!!!!!!!

CyberCubed
10th November 2007, 5:06 AM
Both Ash and Brock need to stay. If they were to retire the show would never be the same again. The show would be full of strangers and no one familiar with developed personalities. Also, if Ash aged he would no longer relate with the audience the show was originally made for.

Again, what a load of BS. Just because the writers failed with Tracey doesn't mean they can't make a better sidekick.

They've brought in two new female characters that have become just as wildly popular as Misty, and who have had some of the best character development in the series. If they can get rid of Misty and have May and Dawn become just as popular as she is, surely they can do the same for Brock.

zeno48
10th November 2007, 5:45 AM
Again, what a load of BS. Just because the writers failed with Tracey doesn't mean they can't make a better sidekick.

They've brought in two new female characters that have become just as wildly popular as Misty, and who have had some of the best character development in the series. If they can get rid of Misty and have May and Dawn become just as popular as she is, surely they can do the same for Brock.

Cyber by now you should know that Brock is staying until the end of pokemon. He is not leaving and if the writers wanted him gone they would have done so a long time ago. Point is no matter how much you whine or complain about Brock he is here and he is not leaving as much as I hate to admit it.

Nova_Delta
10th November 2007, 9:49 AM
I actually don't mind Brocks antics and patheic attempts in trying to get nookie, its a nice little funny bit. I'm sure you guys are sick of it after seeing Brock run around like a horny desperate idiot for 500+ episodes.....lucky for me i haven't seen that many episodes of Pokemon so its yet to bug me like the way it bugs you guys. i was enjoyed Brock because he would breed his Pokemon and cook up different receipts and come up with new ways to treat your Pokemon kind. Granted Ash could do these things himself but he's too busy battling.

Metal Bird
11th November 2007, 7:34 AM
Maybe Misty (and even Team Rocket) should retire too. It's sad to see not just the TV series, but also the entire franchise go downhill.

eonmaster_457
11th November 2007, 9:40 AM
Brock should. He might get killed from a poison jab everyday.

Ampris
11th November 2007, 3:08 PM
I say give Ash the boot and make Brock the star of a spin-off series about the wacky mis-adventures of the Pewter City gym- co starring his family, of course. It wouldn't bother me at all if one of the girls or some random new guy replaced Ash, but if you're gonna get rid of Brock, at least exploit the fact that his family life would make one seriously amusing TV show.

char-cario
11th November 2007, 8:39 PM
Ash's journey has to end at some point, and right now, there's several clues that Ash could finally go all the way this time, instead of finishing Top 16/8/4.

eonmaster_457
12th November 2007, 1:55 PM
Ash obviously, needs to stop and form a family when older, but I think that Brock should retire/stop being a flirt.

CyberCubed
12th November 2007, 7:46 PM
Maybe Misty (and even Team Rocket) should retire too. It's sad to see not just the TV series, but also the entire franchise go downhill.

And this is why the D/P games are on track to nearly surpass the records of RBY?

Have you even SEEN the sales figures for the games?

zeno48
13th November 2007, 6:05 AM
And this is why the D/P games are on track to nearly surpass the records of RBY?

Have you even SEEN the sales figures for the games?

Didn't they already surpass ruby and sapphire? Anyways My opinion still stands. Ditch Brock and create a new cast next gen or Bring someone old back but not Brock again. He should leave and let Ash starve for once.

Senbonzakura
18th November 2007, 6:42 AM
i think just brock and maybe max could come back with ralts to fill in for him

Hamstar
18th November 2007, 7:00 AM
I think Brock should really go...

He left a LOT.....but he ALWAYS COMES BACK.

If you ask me, Brock should leave, Misty should return, Dawn can stay and then another wise male character can come and join them....

So it will be like the hoenn region....with 4 people traveling at once

KartWheelyGirl
18th November 2007, 9:11 AM
I think Ash should stay. However, his outfits are all too similar. He should wear shorts or something in the next region. (If there will be one.) When he was given a new voice actor, it seemed more like he was older and going through puberty. His voice got deeper and more mature. He should stay on the show.

As for Brock, I think he should be given something better to do if the writers are going to keep him on the show. Let the viewers see his Pokemon more than just his Croagunk. It seems like the only time we see his other Pokemon is when he lets them out to eat. I would like to see him use his pokemon in battles against some trainers. Breeder verses breeder battle. That would be nice. Does anyone else agree?

Sumomoko-chan
18th November 2007, 6:17 PM
Ash is fine as he is for now, and Brock could probably stay for just a bit longer... And by that I mean, make him go home for good directly after D/P (or D/P's filler arc, whichever ends the D/P series) ends, and get someone else (hopefully at least both decent and different, and, well... Capable of letting the group survive, lol) to replace him. If Dawn's a keeper (which is hopefully (and likely; the contest arc's screentime is really improving!) the case), someone's going to have to leave at the end of the D/P arc. Just look at how much the producers have been enjoying shuffling the cast since the end of Johto!

SuperDude
18th November 2007, 6:28 PM
Nah neither of them should go, i like both Brock and Ash (but i do miss Ash's old voice, it was starting to get cool :(). I really don;t think Brock should go cos we'll just end up with another Tracey, they really should give Brock something to do though as he does just stand there and look cool.

As for Ash he can't leave, he just can't, there'd be no point, and if they did get rid of him there'd just be a new kid who sounds like ash when he was in the kanto league (whiny and noisy) and no doubt he'd have a pikachu aswell seeing as how its the mascot.

so i voted no for both

Sumomoko-chan
18th November 2007, 6:43 PM
I really don;t think Brock should go cos we'll just end up with another Tracey

Wow, that's amazing! O_O You can see into the future?! [/much sarcasm]

They've probably learned their lesson by now, lol. If we get a Brock replacement, we should (hopefully) get something that's better than Tracey was. We (probably) won't have to worry about the replacement not fitting the role of "comic relief who doesn't do anything important except cook and be a cheerleader for Ash" as well as Brock did.

XxVascoxX
20th November 2007, 10:26 AM
Can't see ash and brock leaving coz they are both now the two main character of the anime and if they left this will kill the show...for ash i watch pokmon only to see him win battle get new badges and capture /evolve new pokes.....if ash would go off you can be certain i'll stop watching

Pachirisu
20th November 2007, 11:50 AM
Okay Ash wont leave the show. Brock, im not sure about him but Ash is the main character. They wont write him off.

Ultradude131
20th November 2007, 7:00 PM
I want ash stay but not Brock,Misty should come back and then the BOY character from the next game should join Ash(like how there was May and Dawn).

Metal Bird
21st November 2007, 12:52 AM
I think Ash should stay. However, his outfits are all too similar. He should wear shorts or something in the next region. (If there will be one.)
I agree on the first one. They should of made him look more like Jimmy from The Legend of Thunder. Jimmy even sort of reminds me of Ash anyways.