PDA

View Full Version : Has Serviper gotten bigger?

Power of Fire
22nd September 2007, 1:22 AM
is it me or is it the fact that seviper just got bigger

i'm talking jessie's seviper here.......

Anaya
22nd September 2007, 1:23 AM
It would make sense if it got bigger because it obviously has gotten older.

cryotem
22nd September 2007, 1:24 AM
Yep, I've noticed when watching that driftloon episode(or was it the episode before?)
Its about twice the size as Jessie! Its a sign that Team Rocket DO raise their pokemon well.

Samurai Cerberus
22nd September 2007, 1:57 AM
It's as big as Snorlax

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd September 2007, 4:00 AM
Nah, it's just the animators.

I remember one scene in like, DP 12, it was ginormous.

Raccario
23rd September 2007, 1:43 PM
a noticed that, how big will it be in 2 more years! I think it is cool that the producers added that factor

Gravy
23rd September 2007, 2:07 PM
I'd say it was a case of inconsistancy on the animators part, but there's also the fact that Seviper usually has it's body folded accordian style. And almost everytime I've seen someone comment on Seviper appearing larger than normal, it's when it's straightened it's body out a little more than usual, ie. when Jessie hugged it in the Kengo/Prinplup contest. So I'll go with that theory.

Typo
24th September 2007, 8:38 PM
Well, snakes have to shed their skin, to make room for the larger skin that is coming. Seviper is based off of a snake, so those rules should apply to him.

Alkaide
25th September 2007, 2:05 AM
Yeah, I have noticed that, but only recently.

CharizardAngel
25th September 2007, 2:28 AM
I think it got bigger, too.

LugiaGirl
25th September 2007, 2:30 AM
yeah, it does seem like its getting bigger

Shadow Lucario
25th September 2007, 2:32 AM
I noticed it but didn't really pay attention to it

Sir Devious
25th September 2007, 5:51 AM
I noticed in the Drifloon episode, and I rather like it's new size. I hope it stays like that. <3

~-Overheat-~
26th September 2007, 5:05 PM
It was HUMUNGOUS in the drifloon episode

-Link Removed-

Mod Note: Don't post links to illegal downloads or video streams

moonlit-shadow
26th September 2007, 11:04 PM
Well, sevipers in diamond and pearl are almost 9 ft. So I'm not suprised that it has gained height since I use to hear that Jessie's seviper wasn't to scale.

buneary dude
27th September 2007, 10:29 PM
Well if you mean longer than yes. Seviper is about the only that ages on the show. I know because I have a pet snake. And they grow right before your eyes!

ParaChomp
27th September 2007, 10:38 PM
it's grown (they've still gotta take phisics into hand)

why can't they do that in the games (make the sprite(s) smaller for lower leveled pokemon)?

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th September 2007, 10:48 PM
Seviper is not aging or whatever crap you guys are thinking.

It's obviously the inconsitency, and the fact sometimes it's wrapped up, of the animation that's been like this since Day 1.

Ampris
28th September 2007, 12:28 AM
I never even noticed. But when every character changes size on a fairly regular basis, you tend not to. At least I do.

Now Cacnea, on the other hand, that thing has gotten FAT. Seriously. And it's not just a once in a while kinda thing, either. Cacnea has been consistently HUGE in every single episode since the beginning of D/P.

Y'know, out of the ones that it actually appears in. And that I happened to see. (Which isn't exactly *every* episode, but still.)

lucario36
28th September 2007, 11:16 AM
aipom has also gotten smaller :S ?? explaination: animators SUCK! :)

Dattebayo
28th September 2007, 3:59 PM
The reason why Serviper is bigger is because the animaters giving the rights sizes of each pokemon from the games.

Jerre
28th September 2007, 4:23 PM
Yeah, i noticed that too since Hoenn. This has happened too with Ekans and Arbok. Once they are bigger than Jessy and James. Then they are smaller and getting a size around Meowth's size. It goes bigger, then smaller. Some other Pokémon have different sizes. Looks like the animators have forgot their linials. :p

martianman40
29th September 2007, 11:41 AM
Never noticed, but I'll watch out for it next time!