PDA

View Full Version : What Annoys You about the New D+P series

WaterMaster315
25th September 2007, 10:59 PM
What annoys me the most is the way the charachters talk to slowly, almost as if they expect the audiance to be retarded

RufflesthePidgey
26th September 2007, 3:12 AM
Pokemon contests are still a part of the show.

the new rival. He's boring. Gary, and even Harley did the whole rival thing a lot better. Granted, I like the way he represents the "real" pokemon trainers. If it's not the writers taking a shot at the hardcore community, I find it a nice little easter egg, for lack of a better term.

Anaya
26th September 2007, 3:13 AM
There isn't really anything that annoys me. I've gotten used to the voices, so nothing.

CyberCubed
26th September 2007, 2:22 PM
Pokemon contests are still a part of the show.

So you're another one of those crying Misty fans?

Erus Black Mage
26th September 2007, 2:25 PM
People are still *****ing about D/P?

Wow.

CyberCubed
26th September 2007, 2:26 PM
People are still *****ing about D/P?

Wow.

Are the people on this forum ever done complaining about anything?

PDL
26th September 2007, 2:46 PM

It isn't just this forum, the entire internet is full of nerdlings complaining about of something or another.

Anyway, I'm actually rather pleased with most of the anime now-a-days, except for perhaps their inhouse dubbing scores (an example could be the pachirisu chase scene, it would have fit an epic battle, but not a light-hearted chase scene...), The intro could be better, but I pay no interest to it anymore, and perhaps Ash's new voice actress could improve a little more.

But aside from that, that's it.

Kariba
26th September 2007, 2:55 PM

Are you?

The new voices are terrible, the acting is subpar. The writing is unfortunate. The visuals are stunning. It all doesn't fit when a professionally animated show sounds like a fandub and then aired for all to see.

~-Overheat-~
26th September 2007, 3:19 PM
I only hate the new motto, the new voices and the fillers

But im used to DP and people should stop complaining about this actually

I loled to see people are still crying for Misty lol

The Power of Pika
26th September 2007, 3:32 PM
Nothing annoys me. The voices sound great to me, the cartoon is picking up a bit and I'm loving every minute of what I manage to see online.

I'm sitting back and enjoying it. That's the main point.:)

I really don't like analysing the cartoon. I did it once and never again. I almost quit watching during Pokemon 8th season due to analysing.

Biechae
26th September 2007, 4:03 PM
Its too repetitive...

Dattebayo
26th September 2007, 4:05 PM
What annoys me is Buneary's voice. It's starting to get annoying.

Darkstorm16
26th September 2007, 5:18 PM
A lot of things about the Dp series bother me, but here are some

The theme song is really annoying. (The worst one ever.)
The fact that Misty isn't on the show anymore. Grrr.
Ash losing to a gym leader and having to rebattle them.
Brock always getting pulled away from a girl he "loves."
Team Rocket's new motto.

This is just some.

The theme song was always annoying to me, get over it Misty might never come back :(
let's see the ash thing has happened at every season, atleast it shows he's not the classic hero where he's perfect
the brock thing has happened since the Johto saga I think
Team Rocket's motto did need a change -_-' quite frankly I got tired of it.
oh yeah and btw........ITS A CARTOON SHOW get over it. Face it, there is no way to please you people so the writers just go with what has worked in the past.

Griff4815
26th September 2007, 5:25 PM
Team Rocket should be gone, IMO.

Rex Kamex
26th September 2007, 10:05 PM
Are you?

The new voices are terrible, the acting is subpar. The writing is unfortunate. The visuals are stunning. It all doesn't fit when a professionally animated show sounds like a fandub and then aired for all to see.

Pokemon isn't really professionally animated. It's a kid show, for one thing.

Kariba
26th September 2007, 10:24 PM
Pokemon isn't really professionally animated. It's a kid show, for one thing.

So that must mean that kids animate it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Redeevee
26th September 2007, 10:27 PM
what annoys me? that its pretty much the same season again

Shiny pokemon lover
26th September 2007, 10:58 PM
It it some things that annoys me
- Team Galaxy has not made any big apperance yet ( just a small one )
- It looks like the shiny pokemon is gone

Poke'T<3
27th September 2007, 3:34 AM
It isn't just this forum, the entire internet is full of nerdlings complaining about of something or another.

Anyway, I'm actually rather pleased with most of the anime now-a-days, except for perhaps their inhouse dubbing scores (an example could be the pachirisu chase scene, it would have fit an epic battle, but not a light-hearted chase scene...), The intro could be better, but I pay no interest to it anymore, and perhaps Ash's new voice actress could improve a little more.

But aside from that, that's it.

anybody that writes in any forum on the internet about pokemon, digimon, naruto, avatar, etc... is a nerdling and yes that includes everyone here just to clear that up
and you guys are basically complaining about people complaining.. but back to the topic i dont like it to much but i think the voices sound much better but i like jessie and james voices much better the previous seasons and the graphics are so cool they should have done these kind of graphics a while back it would have made everything ten times better and dawn gets on my nerves but everybody probably knows that by now, we have gone through two seasons without misty but she and may will probably be showing up eventually

Rex Kamex
27th September 2007, 3:40 AM
"Nerdling"?

If, by "professionally animated", you mean "professionally created, produced, and directed", then it's not meant to be created to be very sophisticated or anything, since it's a kids show that advertises video games.

If you literally mean animated... it's not really that professionally animated, is it? (Besides not really moving that much, having CGI attacks and whatnot- not for every attack, but many of them).

CyberCubed
27th September 2007, 3:44 AM
Are you?

No, which is why I rarely do. Except in obvious cases, like Brock being stale.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th September 2007, 3:49 AM

I don't think Cybercubed was talking about the dub. All those are just dub opinions, as the original has the same voices and writing.

No one specified if this meant the dub or the show in general.

Nah, I mean, a professional paid group does it...

But there is no arguement that the show doesn't have stunning visuals. Where the hell are people getting this from? Sure, some episodes look better, but it's a show on a weekly budget...ergo, no stunning visuals.

Prio
27th September 2007, 3:51 AM
So you're another one of those crying Misty fans?

Misty has nothing to do with disliking contests.

CyberCubed
27th September 2007, 3:55 AM
Misty has nothing to do with disliking contests.

Sure it does. If Misty were doing those Contest, you bet those people would "magically" like them.

They're just bitter that Contests became so popular that they stuck with the series for 5+ years and two female characters, while Misty has been basically abandoned aside from some reunion cameos.

Prio
27th September 2007, 4:02 AM
Sure it does. If Misty were doing those Contest, you bet those people would "magically" like them.

They're just bitter that Contests became so popular that they stuck with the series for 5+ years and two female characters, while Misty has been basically abandoned aside from some reunion cameos.

I dislike the contests because they aren't battles and made the show more repetitive, I would've equally not liked them if Misty were doing them.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th September 2007, 4:08 AM
Um...but...they DO battle in Contest. In fact, besides a time limit, it's basically battling for most of it.

Is it that hard a concept?

zeno48
27th September 2007, 5:34 AM
1.May not being mentioned
2.treating Dawn like the first coordinator
3.Ash battle style and loses
4.Brock but not as much
5.A lot of fillers

Kariba
27th September 2007, 5:52 AM
I don't think Cybercubed was talking about the dub. All those are just dub opinions, as the original has the same voices and writing.

No one specified if this meant the dub or the show in general.

I specified it for myself within my post.

But there is no arguement that the show doesn't have stunning visuals. Where the hell are people getting this from? Sure, some episodes look better, but it's a show on a weekly budget...ergo, no stunning visuals.

I've only viewed the show sporadically lately but I think it looked good, but sometimes too polished. I miss the rougher styles of yore.

Darkstorm16
27th September 2007, 4:32 PM
One thing about the fillers though, people aren't aware that without fillers the series can go faster like the Hoenn saga or Kanto but to be honest what would they have to delay the series for another year for if there was a generation 5??? Nothing, to be honest fillers are nice. Contests are cool because finally we don't get to see the same thing over and over, travel to a town battle a gym, now atleast we have 2 people with different goals still.

Rave
27th September 2007, 5:29 PM
People complaining about the series.

I think thats about it.

Kamex
27th September 2007, 9:18 PM
(Quotes from the closed repeat-thread)

Gary's role in the anime was mostly done. How could Paul steal something (who is honestly a better rival than Gary ever was), that was never there in the first place?
I'm not sure what you mean about Gary. They tried to give him a special role as Ash's rival in Sinnoh, correct? But he's no where to be seen, and Paul shows up. I'd agree that he is a fresh new character and I welcome his successful portrayal as a rival, but I can't say he's a better one than Gary was. Being meaner doesn't necessarily mean better.

And stealing Brock's Chimchar? LMAO, after how horribly handled Mudkip was, why would you want to see Brock with another starter? It was pathetic how he handled the last one he had. Its a joke.
Well, I'd rather Paul have it, actually. I was mostly just making a joke, really, so I agree.

lol, you haven't changed at all. You'd think after 5 seasons you'd finally get over it. Is it just me, or do you like repetitive and creatively dead characters (admittedly Brock should have left ages ago as well) over fresh characters that actually bring new life to the show?
When I say I wanted Contests to end after Advanced Generation, I'm not really referring to the characters that come with them. It's more like the actual Contests themselves - both the fact that I thought it was a side-quest solely for Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and because Contests used to bore me. I admit they are a special new twist, with all the concentration on what attacks look like and everything, but meh. For some reason I was never that into them, and it was a rather unpleasant surprise to hear they'd become a regular in the anime... but as I already said, I'm getting on the brighter side of them. Especially with the "spicing up" I said they were having in Sinnoh.

Its sad how people want to show to revert back to the repetitive mess it once was.
Repetetive mess it once was? Are you talking about Kanto? That's ridiculous, the show's basically repeating over and over again NOW. All the old episodes were classic, each with a good story...

...but I won't go off topic about it now. o_o;

CyberCubed
27th September 2007, 9:57 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about Gary. They tried to give him a special role as Ash's rival in Sinnoh, correct? But he's no where to be seen, and Paul shows up. I'd agree that he is a fresh new character and I welcome his successful portrayal as a rival, but I can't say he's a better one than Gary was. Being meaner doesn't necessarily mean better.

I say Paul is a better rival than Gary because he shows up a hell of a lot more often. Not to mention battles Ash a hell of a lot.

If you remember, Gary didn't even have his first battle with Ash until the last episode of the Orange Islands! And then in Johto, they never had a battle until the league. So in the 5 seasons that Ash/Gary had a rivalry....they battled twice. :/

WTF. Also, Gary never said he was going to be Ash's rival in Sinnoh. Gary is not collecting badges anymore, he never said he was going to do that again.

As for Contests, there was always something different happening in each one they made. New character development, battles, Pokemon, appeals, and they're not done to death like Ash's Gyms are. And of course, it is nice to see the female characters in more battle-centric roles, its what really killed Misty for me when all she ever did was hold that boring egg.

Repetetive mess it once was? Are you talking about Kanto? That's ridiculous, the show's basically repeating over and over again NOW. All the old episodes were classic, each with a good story...

...but I won't go off topic about it now. o_o;

I was talking about the bulk of Johto.

Ampris
28th September 2007, 12:42 AM
Hikari and Ash do nothing for me (that is, I personally dislike them due to individual taste and/or opinion), and have underwhelming actors on top of that. Plus Ash's pokemon are boring. The only one that I have any interest in is Naetle, but that's only for it's species. (And after seeing his first episode, it seems that he's basically Bulbasaur, which isn't cool. But Hikari's pokemon are alright.)

It's taken almost fifty episodes for Kricketune to appear. That's just wrong.

Brock still doesn't get to do anything.

Nando has a stupid accent and isn't a short, chipper, curly headed Mexican.

The theme song sucks.

But overall, I really do like the series. The episodes themselves are entertaining, so I can overlook the petty things.

RedJirachi
28th September 2007, 9:59 AM
The Galactic absense

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th September 2007, 10:29 AM
J doesn't cut it for me. I want the Galactics! One shot of Saturn isn't enough. The Rockets, the Aquas, and the Magmas were all introduced in their region's SECOND episodes.

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th September 2007, 12:21 PM
I don't see how having character be from the games would instantly make them better then the Anime's own character honestly. If they give us a great J story, then the disclusion of a group probably won't be that upset.

the Aquas, and the Magmas were all introduced in their region's SECOND episodes.
Yeah...but they ended up with a rather sucky climax.

~Mist~
28th September 2007, 4:48 PM
The theme song and the new dub voices. *bangs head on desk*

And a few other things here and there. ._.;

Kamex
28th September 2007, 9:17 PM
I say Paul is a better rival than Gary because he shows up a hell of a lot more often. Not to mention battles Ash a hell of a lot.
Well... okay. I'll give you that. >_>

If you remember, Gary didn't even have his first battle with Ash until the last episode of the Orange Islands! And then in Johto, they never had a battle until the league. So in the 5 seasons that Ash/Gary had a rivalry....they battled twice. :/
I agree, that was unfortunate and a bad decision on part of the writers, but I was mainly talking about general likability and character.

Also, Gary never said he was going to be Ash's rival in Sinnoh. Gary is not collecting badges anymore, he never said he was going to do that again.
Are you sure? Well I guess I need to watch that episode again... but he DID say he was going to Sinnoh, right? O_o;

As for Contests, there was always something different happening in each one they made. New character development, battles, Pokemon, appeals, and they're not done to death like Ash's Gyms are. And of course, it is nice to see the female characters in more battle-centric roles, its what really killed Misty for me when all she ever did was hold that boring egg.
What I mainly wanted (and initially expected) was for a new kind of Pokemon battling to surface with the 4th generation, just like Contests came for the 3rd. Of course, looking back at it now, I did seem to be expecting an unreasonable (and perhaps impossible) amount of creativity and endless ideas.

F0xH0und7
29th September 2007, 6:00 AM
A lot of things about the Dp series bother me, but here are some

The theme song is really annoying. (The worst one ever.)
The fact that Misty isn't on the show anymore. Grrr.
Ash losing to a gym leader and having to rebattle them.
Brock always getting pulled away from a girl he "loves."
Team Rocket's new motto.

This is just some.

i like team rockets new motto

i agree with the song though, worst one ever, although i memorize it
i dont like how pikachu has to finish off team rocket
i dont like dawn, may was better

DarkLatios
29th September 2007, 9:02 AM
Loads of things...

The writers still think electric affects ground.

absence of Team Gaictic.

*** still losing to Onixes.

The new actors.

Thats all I can think of.

Also, I noticed something.
In the Japanise version, Pochama sounds masculine and Mimirol feminine. In the dub its the other way round.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2007, 2:42 PM
The writers still think electric affects ground.
I don't recall that happening in recent memory...

Sammi
30th September 2007, 4:28 PM
The theme song for the dub and Dawn's voice kinda scare me, but I watch the sub nowadays and I enjoy it much more. I'm annoyed by Brock still being here, but...

pokemaster 13
30th September 2007, 4:43 PM
People complaining about the series.

I think thats about it.
i second this.

Lopunny
1st October 2007, 7:57 PM
Now I admit that I like the anime if only for knowing how to pronounce the names of the pokemon but of course I dont mind watching it for SOME entertainment value also but of course there are things I hate also.

* The fact its basically the last season all over again: Stupid ignorant girl starting out on her journey to become a pokemon co-ordinator and ends up arguing with Ash along the way, only difference is (in Dawns case), is that Dawn gets dressed up for contests.

* The New Chick: Well this is more along the lines of hating ALL females that come into the show, once again we are stuck with a chick who is going to argue with Ash as much as May and Misty did. Couldnt we have, just once, a female who WONT argue with Ash? I know, friends argue but last series I just didnt watch it, Saw may acting like a spoilt brat again and decided to leave it.

Cant we just, for once, have a female who will argue with Ash but not every other episode? It really does put a person off watching the anime.

* The fact its another wannabe co-ordinator: Couldnt we have had a pokemon ranger wannabe or something? I know that might of had to give the story writers work to do in actually writing out new scripts but last time I checked, that was their job.

* The voice actors: Now it just sounds like they picked the voice actors and had them try and sound like the old lot, why didnt they just make them do all new voices for them?

* Team Rockets motto: I admit this new one sounds a little more 'evil' concidering their bad guys but god it totally and utterly sucks! I think they either should of stuck with the last one or droped the whole motto completely. Now that I think about it, the latter seems a whole lot better, it is old and boring and seriously doesnt need to be said at all, why not just do me (and others im sure) the favor of just getting rid of it for good?

* Paul: Now, I admit, he IS a better rival then gary was but still he annoys te hell out of me with his arrogance and the way he treats pokemon. I know it will sound corny, forgive me, but he needs to respect his pokemon and treat them as friends if not he needs to get rid of his arrogance, one has to go because both annoy me...

Granted even if one DID go he would still annoy me but not nearly as much as he does now.

I think thats it for me, I cant really think of anything else that annoys me with this series.

Leona
1st October 2007, 9:59 PM
well the fact this it's the same old everyday routine ._.

Oh wow BIG NEWS team rocket is gonna steal some pokemon...

srsly how annoying ;x

Zabi
1st October 2007, 10:09 PM
I don't recall that happening in recent memory...

I think he is talking about Roark Vs Ash/Paul.

The show is getting old fast, like Leona said. Do something new, nowadays.

PixieMaster
1st October 2007, 10:12 PM
Team Galactic only had a small appearance! I hope that they will be a main part in the storyline soon.
The intro song?Its ok. I prefer the 1st season theme though.
Ashs voice? Not crazy about it.
Team Rocket? The mottos better than some others Ive seen.
Dawn? Shes funny, but not as funny as Ash was when he started out.
Ash? I wish he was still funny.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st October 2007, 10:12 PM
I don't remember Pikachu or Elekid using electric attacks against Onix or Geodude.

Now, Static affected Onix IRC but I think it can in the games as well.

Dax
2nd October 2007, 1:58 AM
Pikachu used Thunderbolt on Onix after Pikachu destroyed the Stealth Rock with the rocks. it affected Onix but it didn't defeat it.

Poke'T<3
2nd October 2007, 2:48 AM
well u know what i acctually think this is the best team rocket motto yet the most creative when i saw them in the first episode and they were like we have a new motton i was like crap but i really enjoy hearing it now

Satoshi Tajiri
3rd October 2007, 6:17 AM
What annoys me the most is the way the charachters talk to slowly, almost as if they expect the audiance to be retarded

Most of the audience IS retarded.

Leona
3rd October 2007, 8:47 AM
hmm maybe Team Galactic will appear from the Lake Valor scene when they pass it D:

RYKUU
3rd October 2007, 10:32 AM
i reckon some of the evos are the most dissapointing.

dj_latios
3rd October 2007, 11:16 AM
Brock should leave....he has annoyed me since.....GOD KNOWS WHEN

CyberCubed
3rd October 2007, 2:02 PM
Most of the audience IS retarded.

If most of this thread is an indication, yep. But we knew that for a long time anyway, Pokemon fans will complain about anything.

Pachirisu
3rd October 2007, 2:11 PM
Brock should leave....he has annoyed me since.....GOD KNOWS WHEN

No without Brock I wouldnt watch the show.

Kariba
4th October 2007, 3:57 AM
If most of this thread is an indication, yep. But we knew that for a long time anyway, Pokemon fans will complain about anything.

Fans will complain. That's fandom. Especially with this weak production of a show that is way past its prime.

CyberCubed
4th October 2007, 4:31 AM
Fans will complain. That's fandom. Especially with this weak production of a show that is way past its prime.

You're full of it, the dub script is done by the same guy as the one who did it for 4kids iirc.

I've been watching Battle Frontier or D/P eps back to back with Kanto and Hoenn eps and have absolutely no problem transisting between the voices, especially since about half of them sound very close to the originals.

starry421
4th October 2007, 4:31 AM
What bothers me is the new voices, that's all I like Dawn's though.

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th October 2007, 7:56 AM
You're full of it, the dub script is done by the same guy as the one who did it for 4kids iirc.

He said "weak production", nothing about it being strictly in the dub.

Legendary Raikou
4th October 2007, 8:20 AM
I can't really put it into words but it went downhill for me :[

l3g1t
4th October 2007, 9:06 AM
Meh.

The show is just uninspired. It's not really this season specifically-- But mostly everything just feels drawn out. ( which it is... New games, new seasons until the end of the franchise )

The show just isn't doing the game any credit. It's really why I stopped watching it.

It's just a money cashout... Ash and company doing the same sh1t we have seen for the last 10 years.

How many years can you honestly expect people to watch Ash go to a new zone, catch the same generic style of team, battle some Gym Leaders and then battle in a tournament? Wow originality... Oh and don't forget the 50 some odd filler episodes where Team Rocket steals a pokemon and then Ash and Co have to battle them.

They should have scrapped Ash after the Orange League tbh. Start over new each season with a new lead character. It would have given things a better perspective. I know all the fanboys and girls would cry but I don't care. The show is BORING! But that's what I got to say about that..

Oh.. At Staravia's voice. /kill self

~Spacial_Rendation~
4th October 2007, 9:48 AM
Nothing Really. Nothing at all

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th October 2007, 11:59 AM
He said "weak production", nothing about it being strictly in the dub.

He's made it obvious he's complaining about the dub though.

Kariba
4th October 2007, 4:18 PM

Now now, there will none of that rudeness. Thanks.

I'm not sure whose post you're replying to--I didn't say anything about the writing there. But it isn't very good, no. Reading through the archives, i've sorted out that the guy who wrote the scripts did indeed write them at 4Kids, but according to Maddie, his scripts weren't the best and they needed a lot of editing.

I've been watching Battle Frontier or D/P eps back to back with Kanto and Hoenn eps and have absolutely no problem transisting between the voices, especially since about half of them sound very close to the originals.

Well, that's your opinion. Fine, dandy, etc. I find that people worry too much about this cast sounding close to the original voices, instead of the quality of the acting, which isn't good, either.

As far as, well, 'transiting' is what I think you meant, the raw Japanese episodes have been pretty interesting to watch. Watching them, and then watching the original cast, doesn't feel like a jarring move. Watching the raw, and then the new dub, only highlights the "fandub" aspects of the new show even more.

He's made it obvious he's complaining about the dub though.

Well, sure, in other posts. I was making a general observation, though, about the production of the show. The show, dub or otherwise, has become pretty stale for me. What makes the raw version often interesting is the interstitial things that get left out of the English version, like original songs and endings and commercials and those English lessons they used to have with different characters.

Poke'T<3
5th October 2007, 10:11 PM
You know what annoys me the most is people complaining about how people are complaining... Who cares? If you care about people complaining you need a life especially if you care about people using appropriate grammar and using periods on a freaking pokemon forum.. Its PATHETIC. Let people complain and get out what they want to say you can agree or disagree and not be a total B***** about it. Just say what you think and dont be all oh shut up! or your full of it! GET OVER IT its NONE of your buisness

PDL
5th October 2007, 10:34 PM
You know what annoys me the most is people complaining about how people are complaining... Who cares? If you care about people complaining you need a life especially if you care about people using appropriate grammar and using periods on a freaking pokemon forum.. Its PATHETIC. Let people complain and get out what they want to say you can agree or disagree and not be a total B***** about it. Just say what you think and dont be all oh shut up! or your full of it! GET OVER IT its NONE of your buisness

I love meta-humour sometimes.

Gravy
5th October 2007, 10:46 PM
The most annoying thing about the DP series happens to be the amount of people who decide to conjure up stupid complaints about it.

And then Gravy ran into a Goomba and lost a life.

chorusco
6th October 2007, 9:50 AM
Team Rockets Moto And The Starting

Gxjesse98
18th October 2007, 9:24 PM
I Hate Dawn Shes Such A W***re.
Also I Hate The New Voices.
Ash Sounds Like A F***up
Brock Sounds Like A Tore Old Man.
Well Atleast Mays Not There.
I Only Liked Her For Her ;munchlax;
Max Was A Big Know It All.
Overall I Hate D/P.

-Gxjesse

Gxjesse98
Ash Sounds Like A F***up
Overall I Hate D/P.

-Gxjesse

Gxjesse98
Ash Sounds Like A F***up
Overall I Hate D/P.

-Gxjesse

Gxjesse98
18th October 2007, 9:25 PM
Ash Sounds Like A F***up
Overall I Hate D/P.

-Gxjesse

Stage On
19th October 2007, 10:11 AM
The new dub sucks not only becuse NOBODY sounds right anymore but the new cast just just do it as a job and don't have fun with it like the old cast did.

I swear the old cast add libed a lot of the time. Some of the lines they would say would be absoultely hillarious, enough to turn what would normally be a boring filler episode into something intresting and watchable.

Sigh now the lines that where doggy are all gone :( It's the sort of stuff that would fly right over a kids head but an adult would. Sure it wasn't intentional but that made it even better.

uber gon
19th October 2007, 10:39 PM
Seriously underpowering Ash.

Rex Kamex
19th October 2007, 10:43 PM

...Because...

To get back on topic. I don't like the DP series mainly because it causes people to fight over unimportant things when there is war, homeless people, people dying, diseases, and other important things that we should be caring more about.

The whole series does that. Also, in the Pokemon world, battles are important things. (Also also, it's a kids show. Do they all need to have war and people dying in them?)

It really depends on what people are complaining about. (Although I personally don't flame or anything.)

But your post sounds like the type of thing that you're complaining about.

The show is just uninspired. It's not really this season specifically-- But mostly everything just feels drawn out. ( which it is... New games, new seasons until the end of the franchise )

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but the games are the same way.

It's just a money cashout... Ash and company doing the same sh1t we have seen for the last 10 years.

Same thing with the games. As the GameTrailers reviewer said about D/P, "This is the same game that we've been playing for nine years now."

[/QUOTE]How many years can you honestly expect people to watch Ash go to a new zone, catch the same generic style of team, battle some Gym Leaders and then battle in a tournament? Wow originality... Oh and don't forget the 50 some odd filler episodes where Team Rocket steals a pokemon and then Ash and Co have to battle them.[/QUOTE]

Same with the games, though. We still have ten-year-old Trainers who get eight badges and all of that stuff. The characters you can play as are new, but... that's not that refreshing since the characters you play have less personality than Ash, who... has more of a personality.

They should have scrapped Ash after the Orange League tbh. Start over new each season with a new lead character. It would have given things a better perspective. I know all the fanboys and girls would cry but I don't care. The show is BORING! But that's what I got to say about that..

Hopefully the new lead characters would be interesting too. Because if not, the series would be in the same problem that it's in now.

Oh.. At Staravia's voice. /kill self

I agree here. I like Mukubird's better.

Whew123
19th October 2007, 10:46 PM
When you go into battle with the headphones on, the pokemon only shout on one side. it sorta stinks how you're sopposed to hear sounds with both ears

Whew123
19th October 2007, 10:48 PM
*because you're sopposed to hear sounds with both ears

martianman40
20th October 2007, 6:14 AM
The contests should have been discontinued (in the show, but should have been kept in the games.) and Ash has yet another fire starter.

CyberCubed
20th October 2007, 6:54 AM
The contests should have been discontinued (in the show, but should have been kept in the games.) and Ash has yet another fire starter.

Why should they have discontinued them?

HoennMaster
20th October 2007, 1:21 PM
Seriously. I am not the only one who agrees with this, but Contests were one of the best additions to the show. They allowed May and Dawn to have major roles in the shows without them rotting away like poor Misty did. Not to mention in narrows down on the fillers.

ShinyCharyZard
20th October 2007, 2:34 PM
what annoys me? they still haven't given jessie a d/p poke....they could at least replace dustox, after all, it never gets used.

and another thing that annoys me....they still arent showing in england....i wish they would hurry up. we're stuck with Master Quest, Advanced and Battle Frontier re-runs....grrr

Tyran
20th October 2007, 3:11 PM
This annoys me:
i havent seen a single episode of the D/P journey >.<

Toa Nuju6
20th October 2007, 6:10 PM
the new voices (including the battle frontier)

May Ketchum
20th October 2007, 6:14 PM
Pointless fillers. Like today's cos-play episode and Sugar the Raichu episode. Totally pointless IMO

Jorah
21st October 2007, 12:30 AM
Pointless fillers. Like today's cos-play episode and Sugar the Raichu episode. Totally pointless IMO

Haha that counts the whole of the Pokemon series then, not just D/P. I'm just annoyed that they've had obviously recycled episodes (Turtwig's capture, Dawn/May and Ash double battle, Parasect/Mothim evolve thing)

and another thing that annoys me....they still arent showing in england....i wish they would hurry up. we're stuck with Master Quest, Advanced and Battle Frontier re-runs....grrr

Well, its not that bad...I haven't seen some Battle Frontier episodes at least 10 times! Blasphemy XD I don't think they even show Advanced/Challenge. I know they've repeated Advanced Battle a few hundred times though. Yeah, Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier are like imprinted in my brain forever

Wow, people are still compaining over the VAs o.O

Lil Brother
21st October 2007, 12:41 AM
Pointless fillers. Like today's cos-play episode and Sugar the Raichu episode. Totally pointless IMOBrock getting an egg, an original premise, funny moments, and all of the characters being involved = pointless? ;P

Agreed with you on the Sugar episode, though! Which is really one of the very few fillers of DP (which there are little of anyway) which I would consider bad or meh quality.

The only real flaw I can tihnk of off the top of my head is thanks to Cartoon Network. That being, of course, the crazy fast schedule the show's had. Yeah, we're on the one-ep-a-week schedule now, but we still already have 33 episodes in only later October. Crazy. XD

Sadies
21st October 2007, 12:44 AM
It annoys me how there are so many usless fillers. Some of them I like but most are annoying.

HoennMaster
22nd October 2007, 1:10 PM
How is an episode where someone gets an egg pointless? Not to mention D/P has not had that many fillers, and whent here are filler they aren't bad except Cooking up a Sweet Story.

Lord of Music
22nd October 2007, 3:15 PM
3rd Place: Too much like the Hoenn Gen.
2nd Place: Dawn's skirt is too short for a 10 year old
1st Place: The sucky voices

~Mesprit~
22nd October 2007, 4:18 PM
Almost everything is annoying.

- Dawn is a dull girl who wants to be a master. I'm really sick of girls like her. Look only, what would happen if she was shy? Wouldn't be more original than a next, hyper trainer? Dawn is really nothing new in the show.

- Interesting facts from the game have been removed from the show: Mars's job in the Windworks Valey, Jupiter's job in the city where Gardenia is and more stuff related with Team Galactic.

- Ash is traveling with flying, grass, fire, electric type pokemon again. When will I see him with dark or dragon? Will this even happen? I expect not but it would be so cool!

- Nothing new. Still this same plot. Ash must get 8 badges, Dawn must get 5 or more robbons, Brock is looking for a girlfriend, Team Rocket want to steal Pikachu.

- I know, the show is for young kids but I would feel really happy if it was *little* more mature. Now it's on the same level with Hamtaro.

The writers should try harder.

Satoshi Tajiri
24th October 2007, 9:36 AM

- Dawn is a dull girl who wants to be a master. I'm really sick of girls like her. Look only, what would happen if she was shy? Wouldn't be more original than a next, hyper trainer? Dawn is really nothing new in the show.

Oh, yes, This is new...

- Interesting facts from the game have been removed from the show: Mars's job in the Windworks Valey, Jupiter's job in the city where Gardenia is and more stuff related with Team Galactic.

That isn't intresting or important and it won't improve the show.
- Ash is traveling with flying, grass, fire, electric type pokemon again. When will I see him with dark or dragon? Will this even happen? I expect not but it would be so cool!

And a Dragon or Dark type will improve the show GREATLY, won't it?

- Nothing new. Still this same plot. Ash must get 8 badges, Dawn must get 5 or more robbons, Brock is looking for a girlfriend, Team Rocket want to steal Pikachu.

Robbons, lol. And the show is for kids.
- I know, the show is for young kids but I would feel really happy if it was *little* more mature. Now it's on the same level with Hamtaro.

Yes, and as we ALL know, the show will improve greatly if it is DARKER or more MATURE.

Comments in bold.

Pachirisu
24th October 2007, 9:41 AM

Okay first off, none of those things you suggested would improve the show. Its much better than Hamtaro. And I like this season. Heck in the fifth generation they might introduce something new. Like how they did contests but maybe something else. And have the new character do that.

~Mesprit~
24th October 2007, 9:54 AM
You disagree with my post, probably you are one of those who think that pokemon is the greatest show ever. You must know that I said my opinion about the new season and you are wrong. Mars's and Jupiter's job would be very interesting and I'm not one who would love to see them in the show. Also, Dawn - like I said - is nothing new. She is a next, hyper, cute trainer. I would like to see a shy trainer or something what would be little different. I'm tired of all hyper, great, boring people.

BTW, stop bugging me with "robbons". You won't be smarter if you make a fun of wrong written word. I was typing fast so I made a mistake.

Pachirisu
24th October 2007, 9:57 AM
You disagree with my post, probably you are one of those who think that pokemon is the greatest show ever. You must know that I said my opinion about the new season and you are wrong. Mars's and Jupiter's job would be very interesting and I'm not one who would love to see them in the show. Also, Dawn - like I said - is nothing new. She is a next, hyper, cute trainer. I would like to see a shy trainer or something what would be little different. I'm tired of all hyper, great, boring people.

BTW, stop bugging me with "robbons". You won't be smarter if you make a fun of wrong written word. I was typing fast so I made a mistake.

Well that is true about Dawn. I for one would like to see A more shy trainer instead of Dawn who acts like she never stops drinking Mountain Dew -_-

CyberCubed
24th October 2007, 8:13 PM
The only reason Dawn is another coordinator is because GameFreak didn't create anything new for the games.

The writers can't be blamed because otherwise she would have nothing to do so she was forced to do Contests.

I agree its slightly annoying to simply see Dawn repeat exactly what we watched May do for four years, but her Contests are still enjoyable and she has awesome Pokemon. The only thing that bugs me is her rivals are somewhat dull compared to May's.

OverlordPhoros
24th October 2007, 8:42 PM
Aside from the dub? The show still lacks a main character that has a fiery temper. The good guys are so... calm in comparison to the start of the show.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
24th October 2007, 9:18 PM
Well, I'm over the voice actors, but one thing that really annoy's me is Team Rocket's new motto. It's okay, but I like the old mottow better. Also, James has les spokemon than Jesse. And about this time in AG, Ash had 4 badges. In this season, he only has 2. There have been too many filler episodes, there haven't been enough contests, and Brock hasn't really done enough.Yes he won an egg and hatched it, but that's it really. Ash seems a little dense to me so far in DP, and there haven't been enough evolutions, just muku.Bird's evolution. DP is okay, but it could be so much better...

Snorlax Max
27th October 2007, 1:06 PM
the only thing that annoys me is team rocket's motto. its so stupid

Smokey12
27th October 2007, 1:45 PM
not much is bothering me this season. in my opinion its been unpredictable and the character development of paul has been amazing. pretty much flawless for me. oh actually, one thing which could bother me is if ash trades aipom for buizel. i DONT want it to happen, but there it is again, unpredictability. he doesnt need a water type this season, maybe if he catches riolu (which i hope) it can learn water pulse or something.

mangod/pikachu
28th October 2007, 6:00 AM
hmmm
I think the only things that I hate are Team Rocket's motto and the horrible opening theme.

"Past the stars, in your ear" That's just retarded.

Also, couldn't they have dubbed an English version of Together. I'd rather listen to that than some wannabe rock band that sounds like their from the 80s try to do the opening.

Treecko Girl
29th October 2007, 9:55 PM
Probably the most annoying thing about it is Dawn. I just haven't warmed to her as quickly as I warmed up to May.
Another thing that annoys me is the fact that she caught Buizel, instead of Ash.
Oh!! There's also that annoying theme song and Team Rocket's damn motto.
I like everything else, though.

Anime-Ash
30th October 2007, 12:41 AM
There really isn't anything that annoys about Pokemon DP. To be honest, PUSA is doing a great job on the dub of DP. Both BF and DP were amazing. I dont get why people are hating on the opening theme. Honestly I hink its good. If you really think about there are some companies that don't even use up their time to make an opening theme, and they just leave the show without any music, so Pokemon DP is actually lucky to have a good opening. And the voices are great. They perfected Dawn and Paul's voices, and Ash's and Brock's voices improved a lot. The brought back some music from 4kids like the music that plays whenever the pokedex is used. And they also brought back or re-dubbed they Pokemon before sinnoh in their old 4kids voices, or close to them. And cause we have never heard sinnoh pokemon dub voices, there dub voices actually match the Pokemon. The only thing I woulde say is for them to bring back Trainer's Choice, or who's that poemon, and on the 3rd and last commercial to use a piece of the song on it like what 4kids did. Like in Pokemon AB on the last commercial it would be like "I'm Unbeatable, Pokemon!" But so, far I am really impressed with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl even though on YTV in Canada, we are only on Gymbaliar because they only show one episode a week.

Anime-Ash
30th October 2007, 12:41 AM
There really isn't anything that annoys about Pokemon DP. To be honest, PUSA is doing a great job on the dub of DP. Both BF and DP were amazing. I dont get why people are hating on the opening theme. Honestly I hink its good. If you really think about there are some companies that don't even use up their time to make an opening theme, and they just leave the show without any music, so Pokemon DP is actually lucky to have a good opening. And the voices are great. They perfected Dawn and Paul's voices, and Ash's and Brock's voices improved a lot. The brought back some music from 4kids like the music that plays whenever the pokedex is used. And they also brought back or re-dubbed they Pokemon before sinnoh in their old 4kids voices, or close to them. And cause we have never heard sinnoh pokemon dub voices, there dub voices actually match the Pokemon. The only thing I woulde say is for them to bring back Trainer's Choice, or who's that poemon, and on the 3rd and last commercial to use a piece of the song on it like what 4kids did. Like in Pokemon AB on the last commercial it would be like "I'm Unbeatable, Pokemon!" But so, far I am really impressed with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl even though on YTV in Canada, we are only on Gymbaliar because they only show one episode a week.

MidnightTheMightyena
30th October 2007, 1:02 AM
The voices stilll bother me, go ahead and laugh. ;262; XD

uber gon
30th October 2007, 5:08 AM
The voices stilll bother me, go ahead and laugh. ;262; XD

Meh, Ash is the only one that sounds weird IMO.

Pikasaur
30th October 2007, 5:10 AM

agree'd

they need to go back to the kanto motto

uber gon
30th October 2007, 5:12 AM
agree'd

they need to go back to the kanto motto

Frankly, both were annoying.

CharizardMaster
30th October 2007, 5:48 AM
Nothing really. Best season so far of pokemon IMO.

Mileyangel
30th October 2007, 6:06 AM
I'm not overly annoyed, mostly because I hardly watch the anime(but that dosen't mean I don't do other pokemon related things!), but some things do annoy me.

1. Ash's voice- Damn, I'm still getting used to his retarded new voice. It sounds like after 10 seasons of pokemon, he's FINALLY going through puberty. My older brother sounded almost the exactly like Ash's voice when he went through puberty. I like the old voice actor better. The other voices are okay.

2. Team Rocket- Please, someone kill them or export them to Korea so I won't have to see their half-assed attemps to steal Pikachu or Meowth's gay fantasies about Giovanni.

3. The Plot- the plot is the same every season. I'm not talking about a HUGE plot twist, but something different would be a nice change of pace.

4. The Pokemon- The gang seriously needs some uber pokemon.

5. "Friendship is Power"- I don't know about you, but this statment is really starting to get gay. When I play my pokemon games, I cuss at the screen when my pokemon screw up. Also, do you realize how gay it is to say,"Pokemon are your friends, and together you can do ANYTHING!!"?

zeno48
30th October 2007, 7:19 AM

I agree with you their. There new motto irritates me and makes my ears bleed. Seriously it sucks.

Frankly, both were annoying.
No, the old motto wasen't bad. I could stand listening to that at least.

GrizzlyB
30th October 2007, 7:25 AM
I can honestly say that there is nothing legitimate to complain about in Diamond and Pearl. It is shaping up to be the best season yet, I think.

zeno48
30th October 2007, 8:07 AM
I'm not crying.
Your whinning and complaining.

Sure, Misty was a good character on the show
A big was! and johto killed whatever was left of her.

I have a life.
LMAOF

I'm not constantly thinking about Pokemon 24/7, just when I come on this site which is rarely, and when someone mentions it. So whatever. *rolls eyes*
Sure but the way you are acting seems to me like you are thinking about it, but mostly Misty. Pokemon obssesion is bad for you.

This thread is for the sole purpose of complaining about the show. Some people have just came up on the spot with what is annoying about it, they aren't constantly thinking about it. They have no power on the plot of the show. People will always have something to complain about. However, instead of complaining we should find something better to do. Write your own stories in a notebook and try publishing it when you are older, or try getting a job working for Nintendo, and be a writer yourself
Yeah it's that easy lol.

Two more things are that is annoying is Jessie's Seviper and Dustox; she needs a Skuntank and a Mismagius, and the fact that there are many new water pokemon in this region, and Misty can't be there to enjoy it when she should be. (May needs to come back with Misty, Richie, Duplica, etc. jk She doesn't need to.)
Get over it. The world is not going to end because Misty is not in it.

uber gon
30th October 2007, 7:15 PM
No Glalie. I mean come on, that pokémon could've stayed with Ash for one more seaon.

That, and no direct references to May.

SpongeBoblover
6th November 2007, 2:23 PM
I CAN'T BEALEVE YOU PEOPLE HATE THE D/P ANIME

Pros about Dp:
Dawn :D
New Pokemon

Cons about D/P(Here what annoys me about the new season):
Some fillers
The dub opening song(The japanese ver was sooo much better)
The beganing of the episodes (You know what I'm talking about?)
May is not here :(

Rex Kamex
7th November 2007, 3:33 AM
The only reason Dawn is another coordinator is because GameFreak didn't create anything new for the games.

The writers can't be blamed because otherwise she would have nothing to do so she was forced to do Contests.

The writers didn't have to get rid of the coordinator they already had in the show, 3rd generation character or not. Regardless, Dawn still could've had something to do with some of the legendary Pokemon of the region. (Maybe some kind of young researcher or something more interesting.)

I CAN'T BEALEVE YOU PEOPLE HATE THE D/P ANIME

Just because people complain about it doesn't mean they necessarilly hate it.

zeno48
7th November 2007, 3:46 AM
i think for now it's fine but the writers continue being repetative and their are too many fillers like johto and not enough screen time for Dawn's or Brock's pokemon.

npdargy312
7th November 2007, 11:11 PM
How long it takes to get to everygym and how they already have like the max pokemon each before even a 4th of the DP saga is through...

Griff4815
8th November 2007, 1:32 AM
The predictability.

AND GOD SOMEONE ACTUALLY KILL TEAM ROCKET. It's actually beyond the point of being funnily annoying, now its just "I hope they blow up for good this time".

I'm finished my two line rant.

Game Freak
8th November 2007, 1:34 AM
the new voice cast i dont like at all... veronica taylor FTW!

Yoshi-kun
8th November 2007, 8:14 AM
The intro sucks seriously.

Team Rockets motto both the English and Japanese (were they on drugs?)

KartWheelyGirl
8th November 2007, 5:51 PM
Your whinning and complaining.
I'm not whining. Anyway, this thread is FOR complaining, silly.

A big was! and Johto killed whatever was left of her.
I know they did.

LMAOF I DO have a life and a wonderful boyfriend. (You will probably type that you think it's hard to believe, but it's true!)I'm getting a my license soon and a car for graduation before next year as well. I also do theater after school. (I'm in a play as the lead role. I leave school at 1pm and go back at 2:30 for rehearsals.) I also play basketball and I'm really good at it. (Made 5 shots in a row and then the 6th one it hit the rim.)

Sure but the way you are acting seems to me like you are thinking about it, but mostly Misty. Pokemon obssesion is bad for you. You don't know how I'm acting because you are reading this on a computer instead of hearing what I'm saying on a phone. I'm not always thinking about it. I'm not obsessed with Pokemon. I don't even have Pokemon dolls, Pokemon decorations, Pokemon Clothing, Pokemon Posters, or Pokemon Cards. I don't even have a lot of the Pokemon games, or even really watch the show. (Stopped before I went to Middle School.) Anyway, I liked having a character on the show that looked like me. I don't mind Ash traveling around with a new trainer at all.

Yeah it's that easy lol. I wasn't saying that it's easy.

Get over it. The world is not going to end because Misty is not in it. Get over what? I don't care. Don't talk to me ever again.

As for on topic. People should really stop complaining about the show. If you don't like it, try watching something else. If you think the show is "the greatest thing ever", then watch it.

To everyone: If you don't want someone to ridicule or bother you for your opinions, you probably shouldn't post. (Like I did.)

warnerbroman
8th November 2007, 7:43 PM
from a staravia was born
'pikachu we gotta save the pigeot"

that sounded like dora the explora

and staravia's voice!!!!

Michii
8th November 2007, 10:45 PM
The simplicity of the talking. It's starting to sound like little kid shows.

Example [random]:

-Ash's Pikachu is loosing to a Psyduck- "Pikcahu no!"

Brock- "Ash electric. is. strong. against. water!"

Ash- "Oh yea!. Pikachu! Use Thundershock!"

-Psyduck faints-

That's just an example, but I hope I got my point across. They say things really slow, and simple.

warnerbroman
8th November 2007, 11:15 PM
The simplicity of the talking. It's starting to sound like little kid shows.

Example [random]:

-Ash's Pikachu is loosing to a Psyduck- "Pikcahu no!"

Brock- "Ash electric. is. strong. against. water!"

Ash- "Oh yea!. Pikachu! Use Thundershock!"

-Psyduck faints-

That's just an example, but I hope I got my point across. They say things really slow, and simple.
basically what i said but smarter

zeno48
9th November 2007, 5:24 AM
I'm not whining. Anyway, this thread is FOR complaining, silly.
Fair enough but it seems to me that all you do is complain but it's fine.

I know they did.
You seem shocked!

I DO have a life and a wonderful boyfriend. (You will probably type that you think it's hard to believe, but it's true!)I'm getting a my license soon and a car for graduation before next year as well. I also do theater after school. (I'm in a play as the lead role. I leave school at 1pm and go back at 2:30 for rehearsals.) I also play basketball and I'm really good at it. (Made 5 shots in a row and then the 6th one it hit the rim.)

And I care why? You seem to have an interesting life but I say it's all lies because anyone can make stuff up to cover up the truth behind their real life. Do I care? no but thanks for telling me a lot about you sweaty.

You don't know how I'm acting because you are reading this on a computer instead of hearing what I'm saying on a phone. I'm not always thinking about it. I'm not obsessed with Pokemon. I don't even have Pokemon dolls, Pokemon decorations, Pokemon Clothing, Pokemon Posters, or Pokemon Cards. I don't even have a lot of the Pokemon games, or even really watch the show. (Stopped before I went to Middle School.) Anyway, I liked having a character on the show that looked like me. I don't mind Ash traveling around with a new trainer at all.

So you are upset that Ash is traveling with Dawn? I knew it! Misty lives in you lol.
On a phone? lmaof, I don't have to hear you out but it's funny the way you put things. Your basically admitting to me what you have. Things work in weird ways huh?

I wasn't saying that it's easy.

and you didn't say it was either.

Get over what? I don't care. Don't talk to me ever again.lol no.
here is your quote
this thread is FOR complaining, silly.
hurts doesn't it.

As for on topic. People should really stop complaining about the show. If you don't like it, try watching something else. If you think the show is "the greatest thing ever", then watch it.

To everyone: If you don't want someone to ridicule or bother you for your opinions, you probably shouldn't post. (Like I did.)
lol speak for yourself. Everyone complains even you about Misty.

Geostomp
9th November 2007, 6:32 PM
I personally consider D/P to be one of, if not the, best seasons yet. I cannot get why people are whining about nothing now especially considering how poor Hoenn was.

I guess you just can't please some people.

CyberCubed
9th November 2007, 6:54 PM
I personally consider D/P to be one of, if not the, best seasons yet. I cannot get why people are whining about nothing now especially considering how poor Hoenn was.

I guess you just can't please some people.

The D/P series is only a slightly more continuity-based version of Hoenn.

While I agree its an overall better season, calling Hoenn "poor" is laughable by any stretch of the imagination. Saying "you can't please some people" but then pretending Hoenn was a bad season is ridiculous. I've read your previous rants, you general have some of the saddest opinions I've ever heard on season that gave us virtually everything we wanted. So really, Geostomp, who the hell do you think you're fooling?

Neo Namco
9th November 2007, 8:10 PM
.Repetative themes
.Another girl who competes in contests, taking away from the actual point of the show(Ash's gym story)
.New voice actors
.The show has done little to no changes STILL
.Misty is not there
.It's boring!

Geostomp
9th November 2007, 9:19 PM
The D/P series is only a slightly more continuity-based version of Hoenn.

While I agree its an overall better season, calling Hoenn "poor" is laughable by any stretch of the imagination. Saying "you can't please some people" but then pretending Hoenn was a bad season is ridiculous. I've read your previous rants, you general have some of the saddest opinions I've ever heard on season that gave us virtually everything we wanted. So really, Geostomp, who the hell do you think you're fooling?

If you wanted a useless load following the group, Contests full of endless Frisbees, and Gym battles that would include the infamous "Thunder Armor" then yeah, Hoenn was the season for you.

Hoenn, as I see it, wasn't the worst thing ever, it did have a good deal of ambition, but it just couldn't follow through with it at all.
Frankly, the existence of Max at all was enough to sink it.

I'm sorry my opinions are so "sad" to you, I mean your opinions are flawless naturally, but Hoenn just wasn't for me at all.

Neo Namco
9th November 2007, 9:30 PM
If you wanted a useless load following the group, Contests full of endless Frisbees, and Gym battles that would include the infamous "Thunder Armor" then yeah, Hoenn was the season for you.

Hoenn, as I see it, wasn't the worst thing ever, it did have a good deal of ambition, but it just couldn't follow through with it at all.

I'm sorry my opinions are so "sad" to you, I mean your opinions are flawless naturally, but Hoenn just wasn't for me at all.

I agree with you, Geostomp. Hoenn was a bore. It's first season or two was ok.

CyberCubed
9th November 2007, 9:38 PM

Nonsense, just because some gamefaqs users ****** you off doesn't mean the rest of us here think the same thing.

Everything you said right there is a load of nonsense. The frisbee appeals were used in a grand total of about two Contests, (and I fail to see why that's a problem when a BEGINNING coordinator is obviously going to start off with something simple), the "Thunder Amor" was no more a cop-out than Pikachu beating Pryce's Piloswine with Thunderolt, or the cheap way the Kanto badges were won, and even though it was cheap, it was ONE Gym battle out of the other 7, and all the others were fantastic. We've only seen two Sinnoh Gym battles so far, we have no idea if one further down the road will be cheap.

Max was no more useless than Brock is in 90% of the eps he's in. And even if you didn't like him, Max was easily ignorable because he didn't do that much to begin with. At best he could be entertaining (such as his interactions with Ash), and at worst he was an annoyance, and the rest of the time he was ignorable either way. The way I see it, he didn't distract Ash (or May) from doing what they're meant to do, nor did he detract that much of the show because he was here.

The only thing Hoenn really failed to deliver with was the climax of the Team Magma/Aqua plot, but otherwise Ash made excellent strides as a trainer and his Pokemon team was one of the best he ever had. The Gym battles in Hoenn were better than the bulk of the Gym battles before it, and the Brains were even better than that.

Nova_Delta
9th November 2007, 9:42 PM
I never really saw much of the Hoenn season because i basically stopped watching Pokemon altogether around the the midpoint of Johto. I decided to finally get back into Pokemon and i bought Diamond on DS. It was pretty good and it got me back into the series and i decided to watch Diamond and Pearl anime online....**** was awesome and reminded me of the good ol days of Kanto. Now i've been watching every ep since maybe 30. I'm already a big fan of Hikari.....for naughty reasons of course cause i may be borderline pedo. @_@;

CharizardAngel
10th November 2007, 8:26 PM
I don't like:
-comuter animated parts
-loss of a lot of non-game related things, like in Kanto there were a lot of festivals like kid's day and stuff
- theme song
- Ash doesn't even really mention trying to be a pokemon master, and he isn't really that enthusiastic

zeno48
11th November 2007, 5:05 AM
Ash doesn't even really mention trying to be a pokemon master, and he isn't really that enthusiastic
Sadly, this is all for money and Ash does not mention it anymore because this is how things are set up and are going to be until the end of Pokemon. I don't know where things are going but I hope the writers have something In mind to end the series or have Ash do something differently that he has never done before to keep all of us entertained. IMO a new cast but without Brock because he's the same.

Anime-Ash
11th November 2007, 9:14 PM
That what sucks about Pokeon having such a lrage, enourmous, big fan crowd. Because so much people love Pokemon, there is so much critism, that everyone wants the show to be perfect. You guyz know a show cannot be perfect, and these people who create the show are doing the best they can. So you guyz should stop critizing and just enjoy the show for what it is. You guyz are lucky Pokemon hasn't ended yet, and I never want Pokemon to end.Pokemon, in my opinion, is the best show on television, and if you don't like don't watch it. So stop critizing, and just the love, and watch the show Pokemon

Anime-Ash
11th November 2007, 9:38 PM
That what sucks about Pokeon having such a lrage, enourmous, big fan crowd. Because so much people love Pokemon, there is so much critism, that everyone wants the show to be perfect. You guyz know a show cannot be perfect, and these people who create the show are doing the best they can. So you guyz should stop critizing and just enjoy the show for what it is. You guyz are lucky Pokemon hasn't ended yet, and I never want Pokemon to end.Pokemon, in my opinion, is the best show on television, and if you don't like don't watch it. So stop critizing, and just the love, and watch the show Pokemon

Rex Kamex
13th November 2007, 12:39 AM
That what sucks about Pokeon having such a lrage, enourmous, big fan crowd. Because so much people love Pokemon, there is so much critism, that everyone wants the show to be perfect. You guyz know a show cannot be perfect, and these people who create the show are doing the best they can.

Nobody's expecting the show to be perfect.

So you guyz should stop critizing and just enjoy the show for what it is. You guyz are lucky Pokemon hasn't ended yet, and I never want Pokemon to end.Pokemon, in my opinion, is the best show on television, and if you don't like don't watch it. So stop critizing, and just the love, and watch the show Pokemon

If you think Pokemon's the best show ever, it's fine. But people do have the right to criticize the show. (Downright bashing isn't okay, though.) Criticizing a show doesn't automatically mean a person dislikes the show.

Although some people criticizing the show do want Pokemon to end. (I want it to end eventually, and not in ten or so years either. The games too. But I still like the series.)

zeno48
13th November 2007, 6:48 AM
Paul not being in d/p enough and team rocket taking up way too much screen time. Not enough screen time for all the pokemon as well.

markomega
13th November 2007, 6:49 AM
Ash says 'lets go!!' to his pokemon in like every episode..

uber gon
13th November 2007, 7:06 AM
Keeping the Japanese songs out of moments where they were best suited.

abarai
13th November 2007, 7:56 AM
team rocket...... really annoying, should really get rid of them.

XxVascoxX
15th November 2007, 12:38 PM
ash losing to weak gym leaders and winning against the strongest ...
the strange (???even bizzare )love between croakgunk and brock
and the old punk junkie looks of team galactic also annoy me...

Rex Kamex
15th November 2007, 10:33 PM
ash losing to weak gym leaders and winning against the strongest ...

Ash has only faced two gym leaders in D/P.

and the old punk junkie looks of team galactic also annoy me...

They only got that from the games.

uber gon
16th November 2007, 12:18 AM
Making Team Rocket (the organization) seem less threatening than they are in the games.

Ralts Master
16th November 2007, 3:33 AM
That they seem to be neglecting the villain team again. You'd think the colossal failure of the Aqua/Magma storyline would have taught them something...

RageKaiser
16th November 2007, 3:36 AM
The only thing that could possibly annoy me is the dub's music.
I have no problems with anything else.

markomega
16th November 2007, 3:44 AM
The voices are annoying..

chamo-chan
16th November 2007, 4:05 AM
.................Not using japan theme song.................

uber gon
16th November 2007, 4:30 AM
That they seem to be neglecting the villain team again. You'd think the colossal failure of the Aqua/Magma storyline would have taught them something...

Meh, maybe the writers are afraid that ANY episode with Team Galactic would be a banned episode.

Dr. MECha
16th November 2007, 5:15 AM

That what's annoy me the most. Sure we got Hunter J and yet all she do is to capture pokemon for profit like Team Rocket. The Galactic Gang are more serious on world/universal domination, and they'll do anything to achieve that goal.

uber gon
16th November 2007, 10:53 AM
That what's annoy me the most. Sure we got Hunter J and yet all she do is to capture pokemon for profit like Team Rocket. The Galactic Gang are more serious on world/universal domination, and they'll do anything to achieve that goal.

Maybe the writers are afraid that people will think of terrorists when they see Team Galactic.

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th November 2007, 11:30 AM
Aqua/Magma are way more terrorists than Galactic.

Rex Kamex
17th November 2007, 12:05 AM
I guess I haven't mentioned any of my own complains in the thread. Or I forgot if I did. Well, without counting the coordinator thing...

One thing I don't like is that we've have "Together" for over a year's worth of episodes, and only different versions of "By Your Side". I know we've had other openings that were longer than this, but I don't really think "Together" and "By Your Side" are worth 50+ episodes.

uber gon
17th November 2007, 12:17 AM
Aqua/Magma are way more terrorists than Galactic.

Yeah, but Galactic seems more sinister in comparison.

Celestial_Aura
17th November 2007, 7:20 AM
its team rocket its always team rocket

Aquarelle
17th November 2007, 8:49 AM
-The voice actors, everyone's voice sounds so annoying. >__<

-How slow and dumbed-down everything is.

-Team Rocket's still in the show. Kill them or something already!

~Aquarelle

XxVascoxX
17th November 2007, 9:18 AM
.... Sure we got Hunter J and yet all she do is to capture pokemon for profit like Team Rocket....
what i also hate in pokemon diamond and pearl is that there is not enough screentime for the hunter j ...and the stupid police force of jenny(how can police force be so stupid and weak ...)..hunter j bring a little spice in the story and that cool ...with powerful pokemon like salamence and drapion..

Hamstar
18th November 2007, 6:56 AM
NUMEROUS THINGS.

The writing is cheesey at times, the voices arent that good (except maybe dawns...I actually like her voice), and team rockey have been turned into complete idiots ;~;