PDA

View Full Version : Sandshrew's Locker! (515)

Serebii
28th September 2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/515.jpgMira, Abra & The Water's Bottom!

On their way to Hearthome City, Ash & Co. meet Mira who offers to give them a shortcut using her Abra's Teleport. However, when they fail to arrive at Hearthome, Mira asks Ash & Co. for a favour, to help find a pendant that was lost at the bottom of sea. Reluctantly, Ash & Co. agree and go underwater. However, the pendant is found out to be a Pokémon's Pokéball, and is in some ruins protected by a Gyarados. Will Ash & Co. get the Pokéball and get to Hearthome in the end?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/515.shtml)

Discuss

Dogasu
28th September 2007, 3:32 PM
Copy and paste:

Same deal as the last episode.

Also...would you guys like me to continue with these detailed synopsis? Am I putting in too much detail? Not enough? Or do you just want to know about any major developments and not worry about the particulars??

-The episode starts with recap footage.

= Together plays =

-The gang is playing in a lake by Yosuba City. Takeshi looks at a map and sees that Yosuga City is nearby.
-Meanwhile, behind a bush, Miru looks on. She thinks to herself how useful Potchama and Buoysel will be...

=Title Screen=

-Miru comes out from hiding and introduces herself. She tells the gang that she overheard them before and knows of a shortcut to Yosuga City.
-Miru them brings out her Cayce. Hikari scans it with her Pokemon Zukan.
-Then, Miru tells the gang that her Cayce can teleport them to Yosuga City. So, everyone grabs onto Cayce and lets it take them with it.
-The Rocket-Dan, meanwhile, saw the gang teleport away and decide to capture Cayce. They figure they can use it to teleport to safety whenever they blast off...
-When our heroes rematerialize, they find themselves on top of a dam! Miru apologizes and says that Cayce must have made a mistake. Hikari asks Cayce to try again, but Miru stops it and tells the gang that she has a request. She says her grandma's pendant fell into the lake and asks the trainers to help her out. At this point, Hikari accuses Miru of teleporting them to the dam on purpose.
-Miru then reveals that her Cayce can't teleport underwater.
-Our heroes finally decide to help Miru out. Once they agree, Miru asks Hikari to bring her Potchama and Buoysel out to help.
-Takeshi wonders how they'll be able to search a lake as big as this. Miru replies by giving everyone breathers that they can use while underwater. Everyone gets into their bathing suits and dive underwater.
-Once there, the gang is surprised to see an entire city underneath the water! As they swim over the ruins, Miru guides them to a large school on the other side of town.
-Once at the school, a Gyarados appears from the interior and begins attacking! Hikari orders her pokemon to attack, but they are quickly overpowered by Gyarados' Hyper Beam. Then, Gyarados makes a whirlpool with its tail, ejecting everyone from the water.
-Once everyone gets their bearings on land, Takeshi deduces that Miru knew the Gyarados was there all along. Miru confesses and also announces that the story about her grandmother's pendant was a lie. She then tells our heroes that when she was younger, she used to go to the school that now lies underwater. Miru, along with two of her friends, had a pokemon in a Monster Ball that they all shared. After the city sank underwater (the reason for this is not explained), Miru says she contacted her friends to see if they had the Monster Ball. They said that they didn't, so Miru guesses that the Monster Ball is located in a hiding place the three of them had inside the school. Miru says that she tried to get the Monster Ball herself, but since Cayce can't battle underwater, it's no use.
-Hikari asks what's inside the Monster Ball. Miru tells her that it's a Sand. Since the pokemon's a ground-type, she's worried that it's in danger being underwater.
-And with that, everyone agrees to rescue Sand from its underwater resting place. Takeshi then announces that he has a plan...
-Above, the Rocket-Dan watch as our heroes dive back into the water. The trio wonders what's down there...Nyasu believes there's a sunken pirate ship filled with treasure. Musashi tells her teammates to stay focused and to remember that their target is Cayce.

=eyecatch=

-Underwater, the gang runs into Gyarados again. Hikari orders Buoysel to use Aqua Jet (?). It doesn't really phase Gyarados, so Potchama is ordered to use Bubble Beam. Gyarados replies by swatting it away with its tail. Buoysel then attacks with a powerful tail attack, sending Gyarados crashing to the ocean floor. Gyarados gathers itself up and chases the gang to the surface, where Satoshi and Pikachu are waiting. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on the water-type pokemon, causing it to faint and sink to the ocean floor. Everyone cheers and congratulates Takeshi for thinking up of such a good plan.
-Our heroes go underwater again. As Miru leads them through the hallway of the school, the Rocket-Dan, riding a Samehadaa underwater jet ski thing, burst onto the scene.
-The Rocket trio starts their attack by launching a Kibahna missile that causes an explosion. As debris falls, they launch a Koiking missile that expands into a net. The net is headed for Cayce, so Miru swims in front of it to shield the pokemon. Unfortunately, the net ends up catching both Miru *and* Cayce.
-The Rocket-Dan chooses this moment to make the escape. As they head for the surface, Hikari orders her Potchama and Buoysel to follow them. The Rocket-Dan notice their persuers, so they fire a Teppouo missile that hit the Coordinator's pokemon, knocking them out. As Hikari tends to her pokemon, the Rocket-Dan escape.
-Above ground, the Rocket-Dan congratulate themselves for capturing Cayce. Miru, being the sly girl that she is, asks if Musashi and Kojirou are in the Rocket-Dan. The duo is surprised that she knows who they are and quickly become flattered when Miru starts talking about how cool they are. She asks them how she can enter the Rocket-Dan, and Kojirou replies by saying that she needs to go to a training school. As Nyasu starts to tell her that they could put in a good word for her with their boss, Sakaki, Miru orders Cayce to use Teleport. The pokemon obeys, and the two disappear to safety.
-Elsewhere, Satoshi-tachi have returned to the shore, wondering what to do next. Suddenly, Miru and Cayce reappear behind them. The trainer wastes no time in asking everyone to go back into the water.
-Inside the school, Miru finds the locker that has her Monster Ball.
-Above water, Miru releases Sand from its Monster Ball. The pokemon doesn't recognize Miru at first, but when it does, it happily hugs its old trainer. Meanwhile, Hikari scans the ground-type pokemon with her Pokemon Zukan.
-At that time, a net belonging to the Rocket-Dan catches Sand! After the trio perform their motto (which has some really cool images of each member overlooking the planet Earth), Miru orders Cayce to use Teleport. However, the attack doesn't work! The villains reveal that their net cancels out Psychic attacks.
-Satoshi calls out Naetle and orders it to use Razor Leaf. As the battle starts, the Jouto remix of "Mezase Pokemon Master" plays in the background.
-Naetl's Razor Leaf cuts the net, freeing Cayce. The Rockets respond by calling out Dokucale and Sabonea (who, of course, hugs Kojirou). Dokucale uses Poison Sting while Sabonea uses Pin Missile. Naetle dodges and uses Razor Leaf again. As the two-on-one battle continues, Miru's Sand steps up and offers to battle. Dokucale prepares a Tackle attack and Sabonea uses Needle Arm, so our heroes respond with Naetle's Tackle and Sand's Scratch. Then, Miru orders Sand to use Sandstorm. The attack knocks Dokucale and Sabonea into their trainers. Pikachu ends the battle by using Thunderbolt. As the Rocket-Dan are sent blasting off again, Kojirou suggests they have Cayce teleport them to safety. Musashi then yells at Kojirou, reminding him that they didn't actually *succeed* in catching the psychic type.
-The episode ends with Miru and Cayce teleporting the gang to the outskirts of Yosuga City. She then bids our heroes farewell.

Orchid-Hakase's Big Pokemon Encyclopedia: Beequeen

~Shining-Metagross~
28th September 2007, 8:23 PM
Is it just me or did anyone find it weird that the Sandshrew managed to survive that long without food, water or air?

Or that the city Miru once lived in is now completely underwater without any explination?
Or am I the only one puzzled?
X

Rocket Girl
28th September 2007, 9:34 PM
As the Rocket-Dan are sent blasting off again, Kojirou suggests they have Cayce teleport them to safety. Musashi then yells at Kojirou, reminding him that they didn't actually *succeed* in catching the psychic type.

It looked to me like Musashi and Kojiro were saying they have Cayce to teleport them to safety, and Nyasu was reminding them they didn't have it.

Is it just me or did anyone find it weird that the Sandshrew managed to survive that long without food, water or air?

Considering how long Masukippa was stuck in its monster ball...no.

Or that the city Miru once lived in is now completely underwater without any explination?
Or am I the only one puzzled?
X

Yeah, you'd think they'd at least ask how a whole city is now completely underwater. O_o

uber gon
28th September 2007, 9:39 PM
Darnn, and I was hoping Sandshrew was using CRUCH CLAW.

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th September 2007, 9:51 PM
I believe when the Dam was built (by the Bidoof Army, naturally!), the residents were probably evicted from the city as it would cause it to flood.

Atleast that's what another guy on another forum said happened near where he lived.

Neko Godot
28th September 2007, 11:02 PM
OMG Mira-chan is SOOOOOO pretty!

This made my day. =P

Dogasu
29th September 2007, 2:06 AM
It looked to me like Musashi and Kojiro were saying they have Cayce to teleport them to safety, and Nyasu was reminding them they didn't have it.

Well, I did that synopsis after a live broadcast, so I couldn't exactly go back and double check everything :P

RageKaiser
29th September 2007, 5:05 AM
Okay, I LOVED Mira's voice and...I did not like Abra's..>_>

It was an okay episode to me, I did enjoy seeing Mira, and it was nice to see Abra...even if it did have a creepy voice. Dawn needs a new bathing suit btw.

uber gon
29th September 2007, 8:47 AM
I was actually expecting Mira's Abra to evolve.

ChaosMage
29th September 2007, 11:45 AM
Well, Gyarados... surely a Wailord is just as scary? Why must they just relay all the Kanto cliches?

pokemonster2191
29th September 2007, 5:09 PM
wait at the end credits, has there always been a mcdonalds logo? Did they just start sponsering or something or have i not noticed it? I wonder if well be gatting any mcdonalds pokemon diamond and pearl toys like they had at BK. <3<3<3

Crimsonmon
30th September 2007, 1:49 PM
Well, Gyarados... surely a Wailord is just as scary? Why must they just relay all the Kanto cliches?

Because a great big fat whale couldn't move through a school's corridors?

pokemonster2191
30th September 2007, 3:49 PM
Because a great big fat whale couldn't move through a school's corridors?

not to mention whales live in salt water not freshwater. (though this is pokemon so i dont think thatd be much of a problem)

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th September 2007, 8:41 PM
We need a school of Carvahna, those things barely appear...then again, neither does Sharpedo either.

Except we got that cool Sharpedo-Carvahna gun from the Grovyle x Exploud episode.

Geodude
1st October 2007, 5:10 AM
Sandshrew's claw attack was actually Slash (kirisaku), not Scratch (hikkaku).

uber gon
1st October 2007, 5:07 PM
Sandshrew's claw attack was actually Slash (kirisaku), not Scratch (hikkaku).

SWEEEEEEET. But why the f'in glow effect?

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st October 2007, 11:04 PM
This episode was okay...it's not like Mira gave them much to work with (she was basically a random girl lost in a cave with no real explanation or goals).

But...hey, what da ya know? The people she had to trick to help her are a group of kids who helped a MAN WHO RANDOMLY POPPED OUT OF THE FRIGGIN SEA! and even helped a girl trick her Grandmother!

So, Mira really only needed to ask. :)

Anyway, the highlights of this episode were probably the Gyrados battle and that cool, yet not from AG, Sharpedo Motor Boat.

And that BGM at the end sounded cool. Glad to see Hearthrome looks like it does in the game with those taller, victorian style buildings.

But...why did Sand go "Koucho!" over and over? Why! WHY!

Dax
2nd October 2007, 2:00 AM
(she was basically a random girl lost in a cave with no real explanation or goals).

Same role she has in the games.

uber gon
2nd October 2007, 2:14 AM
This episode was okay...it's not like Mira gave them much to work with (she was basically a random girl lost in a cave with no real explanation or goals).

But...hey, what da ya know? The people she had to trick to help her are a group of kids who helped a MAN WHO RANDOMLY POPPED OUT OF THE FRIGGIN SEA! and even helped a girl trick her Grandmother!

So, Mira really only needed to ask. :)

Anyway, the highlights of this episode were probably the Gyrados battle and that cool, yet not from AG, Sharpedo Motor Boat.

And that BGM at the end sounded cool. Glad to see Hearthrome looks like it does in the game with those taller, victorian style buildings.

But...why did Sand go "Koucho!" over and over? Why! WHY!

Well when you're stuck at the bottom of the lake in a disturbingly enclosed space, you're bound to mentally snap.

Crimsonmon
2nd October 2007, 2:39 PM
Same role she has in the games.

That's what he was talking about.

uber gon
2nd October 2007, 8:17 PM
That's what he was talking about.

I thought it'd be cool if her Abra evolved, though.

S.Suikun
5th October 2007, 11:55 PM
Having finally seen this episode in all of its swimsuit glory, I can safely say that May's swimsuit >>> Dawn's swimsuit. Dawn's just...wasn't very "exciting". I get more panty shots with her normal clothes, for crying out loud.

...What's that? Wait, you mean there was an actual episode outside the fan service? THERE'S AN ACTUAL WORLD OUTSIDE 10-YEAR-OLDS (and even younger in Mira's case) IN SWIMSUITS!? Coulda fooled me.

This felt like a slightly weaker version of that Johto episode with Mantine and the Silver Wing. Nothing amazing, but at least we got to hear Mezase Pokemon Master again.

Infernape33
7th October 2007, 5:48 AM
I can't wait for it to come out in English.

uber gon
8th October 2007, 2:20 AM
Having finally seen this episode in all of its swimsuit glory, I can safely say that May's swimsuit >>> Dawn's swimsuit. Dawn's just...wasn't very "exciting". I get more panty shots with her normal clothes, for crying out loud.

...What's that? Wait, you mean there was an actual episode outside the fan service? THERE'S AN ACTUAL WORLD OUTSIDE 10-YEAR-OLDS (and even younger in Mira's case) IN SWIMSUITS!? Coulda fooled me.

This felt like a slightly weaker version of that Johto episode with Mantine and the Silver Wing. Nothing amazing, but at least we got to hear Mezase Pokemon Master again.

Wait, people fantasize about Pokémon girls in swimsuits...

Dattebayo
9th October 2007, 5:07 AM
Dawn needs a new bathing suit btw.

I agree. Dawn doesn't look good in that swimsuit, which makes the other outfits she wore in the past much more superior.

uber gon
9th October 2007, 5:15 AM
I agree. Dawn doesn't look good in that swimsuit, which makes the other outfits she wore in the past much more superior.

Dawn could get a swimsuit change in the future. I mean, Misty went through two, May went through three, so maybe Dawn will go through four.

Somorio
22nd October 2007, 12:33 AM
To be honest she needs a change in her coordinating outfit as well, I never really liked it.

and if only she would stop wearing that ski cap...
she would look 2x more intresting without it, yes the ski cap is just that bad.

but maybe she'll look better in the future hopefully.

WaterDragon trainer
26th January 2008, 4:36 PM
This episode was good. I found Mira’s hairstyle was somewhat annoying (1 side much longer than the other). It was pretty funny when Mira to trick TR into being a fan of theirs. “Team Rocket Training School”. Hilarious.

dman_dustin
26th January 2008, 5:43 PM
I don't know why people had problems with the dub title, the episode was after all about sandshrew.

And see I sat here thinking it was random title, but it actually made sense, makes me wonder if the people who hated the dub title actually watched the episode

cassius335
26th January 2008, 7:53 PM
I don't know why people had problems with the dub title, the episode was after all about sandshrew.

And see I sat here thinking it was random title, but it actually made sense, makes me wonder if the people who hated the dub title actually watched the episode

Things is, we're not supposed to know about Sandshrew until about halfway through the ep. As such, the title spoils a plot point. Same with "Dawn's Early Night"... it pretty much screams "Dawn's gonna lose!" before the episode has even begun, ruining the surprise.

dman_dustin
29th January 2008, 7:17 AM
Things is, we're not supposed to know about Sandshrew until about halfway through the ep. As such, the title spoils a plot point. Same with "Dawn's Early Night"... it pretty much screams "Dawn's gonna lose!" before the episode has even begun, ruining the surprise.

There are a lot of titles like that, I just don't see how this is any different, I mean in fact the surprise is intact, because it makes you wonder why the episode was called "Sandshrew's Locker" just looking at the title doesn't give away anything, unless you spoiled yourself, by looking at the japanese episode long before the dub was aired.

lightdash
29th January 2008, 7:29 AM
dman_dustin is right.

There's no way a person can be "spoiled" by a title unless the person has watched the episode before somehow, thus knows what is coming up in which they are "spoiled" already.

pi-pikachu1_1
29th January 2008, 7:40 AM
this was a good ep. for a filler. im so glad they kept the background music from movie 9. im picky bout music. was cool eppy overall...

lol if i were mira, i woulda teleported them all the way back to twinleaf town then leave them there haha

sleepysnorlax
30th January 2008, 6:38 AM
anyone know why this episode hasnt appeared on the internet. the episode after it dawns early night has but this one hasnt. although it doesnt sound that good.
and i too hate it when things happen in pokemon that arent explained. like when ash finished the indigo league professor oaks gives him a pokedex for all the johto pokemon. wdf did they come from. he could of said oh by the way there a couple more regions full of different pokemon, have fun. noooo he says hes the new pokedex now schedaddle

lightdash
31st January 2008, 8:27 AM
well i have been looking for this episode everywhere and have not been able to find it tho I saw the second on I thought that the episode wasnt aired but from what I have seen here it was so can someone tell me where can I find this episode PLZ a PM or a replay would be good thanx

Against the rules kthxbai.

Yonowaru in Chaos
31st January 2008, 8:39 AM
it just aired today in australia (i dont think its the first time tho but its the first time i saw it)

i thought that abra or sandshrew was going to evolve. and i've been asking the same question as well, 'why always gyarados?', i mean it was cool how it appeared for the first time in kanto with james kicking magikarp off the boat, but now its just old.

and i've just realized that the mismagius episode was cut short, leaving the team rocket waking up bit out but it might just be here where its happening, but i saw the episode pictures showing jessie in a movie with wobbuffet but it never appeared.

Durden
31st January 2008, 12:01 PM
anyone know why this episode hasnt appeared on the internet. the episode after it dawns early night has but this one hasnt. although it doesnt sound that good.

Well I just downloaded it from a torrent so..but i can't provide links due to rules.

The episode was quite enjoyable, fun to see some underwater battleing. also, LOL at TR in this episode, haha.

AceTrainerTim
31st January 2008, 12:13 PM
it just aired today in australia (i dont think its the first time tho but its the first time i saw it)

i thought that abra or sandshrew was going to evolve. and i've been asking the same question as well, 'why always gyarados?', i mean it was cool how it appeared for the first time in kanto with james kicking magikarp off the boat, but now its just old.

Yes On Toasted Tv, If Not Oh Well :P
I Know Gyarados Big Deal. I
Want To See Sharpedo, Huntail Or And Big Bad Walrein.

I Wish You Could Dive In Pokemon D/P To Get To The Water City :P

dman_dustin
31st January 2008, 12:20 PM
I've been asking the same question as well, 'why always gyarados?', i mean it was cool how it appeared for the first time in kanto with james kicking magikarp off the boat, but now its just old.

Gyrados is to water as Beedrill is to forest.

Gyrados is possibly the most dangerous water type in existence it's just like beedrill, it may be easy to beat but if you aren't prepared to battle, it is best to run, no other water types have been shown to be as dangerous.

AceTrainerTim
31st January 2008, 12:23 PM

Gyrados is possibly the most dangerous water type in existence it's just like beedrill, it may be easy to beat but if you aren't prepared to battle, it is best to run, no other water types have been shown to be as dangerous.

I Guess... Ash And Co. Running From Beautifly Isn't Right.

blob
31st January 2008, 12:28 PM
It feels like this ep aired 3 Months ago in Japan...

lightdash
1st February 2008, 9:02 AM
The dub version was not bad. Unlike most people, I found the episode was fun to watch. Actually, I enjoyed the dub verion more than the original version...

Rebeccag
2nd February 2008, 4:12 PM
this was an ok episode i enjoyed seeing sandshrew again and i found mira funny "Theres a team rocket training school!" lol. I also liked her lying to Ash Brock and Dawn but she came through in the end. But i enjoyed the contest epi probably better than that one though

Cobalt_Latios
3rd February 2008, 12:41 AM
It feels like this ep aired 3 Months ago in Japan...
Probably because it did. At least, I think so.

Anyways, I gotta say that this episode wasn't half bad. I mean, when was Sandshrew's last appearance? Heck if I know, but it has been a while. Also, the music from this one was mostly from PRatTotS, which suits it because the vast majority of this episode took place underwater.

Now, what made me go: WTF? was when Team Rocket steals Abra for not peticular reason. I mean, honestly, have they fallen so far that they feel they need to catch a random Pokémon as such because it just "happens to be there?". Other than that, this was pretty interesting.

Gyarados was a bit of a stretch, then again, Sharpedo would have gotten the Jaws award and then the rating would have wend up a notch (note: parental rating). Gyarados using Hyper Beam is a little old, I would have preferred Giga Impact, but even that's getting a bit overused.

Overall though, I thought that Mira was a peticularly good liar, up until Brock saw right through her. Then of course her lying was put to good use against Team Rocket. It's a bit strange that she was using Abra as opposed to Kadabra, and that this did not take place in a cave. Oh, well, I guess you can't have everything.

Well, this filler wasn't half bad, and rather enjoyed it.

~C_L~

Kataphrut
5th February 2008, 8:50 AM
A pretty funny episode. Mainly because of the 'I am your biggest fan line'. 'Cos we all know that

1. Team Rocket are too pathetic to have a fan.

2. AH AM TEAM ROCKET'S BIGGEST FAN! W00T W00T

Sorry. Just went mad for a second.

grovile
5th February 2008, 9:15 AM
YAY Gyarados he is cool.

Genome
24th February 2008, 5:20 PM
Characters like Mira remind me of how little sense pokemon has when it comes to hair (May,

Gardenia, Tucker). Still they're very creative with its use, and the costumes.

This reminds me of the Discovery Channel special of the Three Gorges Dam, an old wrecked and mostly flooded city and nearby the new city. A school underwater was pretty ridiculous, since common articles like bookbags and shoes didnt hesistate to linger around the place, who would forget such things?

Brock almost had a Brave the Wave moment yelling to the girl. Even though the lies told didn't warrant the strong reaction. It's really no wonder he was no softie dealing with his family and the gym back in Pewter.

Very little use of the enviroment, and frankly very cheap under water action(even just the swimming, crank up the jet and let Buizel take someone for a ride!). Gyrados destroying some classrooms, even the team hiding under desks would have made many kid's weekends. I did like the Sharpedo boat, and the carvana missle, remoraid torpedoes, margikarp net.

Fairly average Gyrados battle, the best were its defence techniques and the final blow to take it down. Was there really no creature scarier than a Gyrados? Buizel's sonic boom reminded me of how Stadium's Aeroblast had that energy meteor look. Yeah, that was something to remember.

Mira distracting as a fan of Team Rocket was very odd. When she could teleport the whole time -_- I expect to see her as a Galaxy junior recruit in the near future, with a Sandshrew, dyed hair, and an effective counter to anti-psychic nets.

4/10 Far too much material just laying waste there. Music and sharpedos were the pinnacle.

bhrettzerda053
4th April 2008, 7:00 AM
I don't know Mira yet, but I also know that her Sandshrew's Pokeball is still inside the ruins.

uber gon
9th April 2008, 8:46 PM

Well there was that enlarged Tentacruel, but I doubt the writers would do that again.

You know Gyrados would be less repetitive if it was shiny.

aquajet16
2nd May 2008, 3:41 AM
I like that episode seeing Dawn in a bikini owns, yeah.
Oh and about the episode, it was nice that Mira was cool and Gyrados was fine.

yeah, the episode was still great

Tri hawk
3rd May 2008, 3:57 PM
I actually found this episode pretty boring. The only thing that saved it was the fact they reached Hearthome city. 5/10 Meh.

CabbyFish
4th May 2008, 1:12 AM
I must say when I first watched the episode, it didn't feel like I was watching a TAJ dubbed episode at all. It was done so well, it was almost as if 4Kids did this one. To bad it was the only one that season.

I'm pretty sure Mira's Abra sounds just like Sabrina's Abra, and Sandshrew sounds just like AJ's Sandshrew.

I really liked how the Team Rocket Training School was refrenced by James.

darklord18
26th August 2008, 2:23 PM
This was one of my favorite episode next two the mismagus and Lucario episodes. Mira is one of my top 5 favorite characters and tricking Ash and friends and Team Rocket was funny but where and how can she get all the underwater breathing gear and how could you find a pokeball with pokemon in it? Anyway it was great episode and I hop we see Mira again.

wobbanut
27th August 2008, 4:09 AM
Not a great episode, but I have to say the most memorable part is when the twerps and Mira dive down and see the entire town underwater. That was one haunting image. I can see why they didn't do anything more than show it in the dub, but it made it kind of spooky that people were once living there and now it'll be unliveable for years, if ever again.

Ronnie7
19th September 2008, 12:29 PM
Buizel was in it, so i'm happy.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 2:44 AM
Hmmm Mira they said it like M-ira I always say Mi-ra
Anyways Abra should be Kabrabra which got me abit mad
Her missing Pokeball I was hoping for Kabrbra or something a new Sinnoh Pokemon oh well

darklord18
13th October 2008, 4:16 AM
Her missing Pokeball I was hoping for Kabrbra or something a new Sinnoh Pokemon oh well

I though it would've been a Eevee but never did I though it would be a Sandshrew.
Is just me or dose Mira's Pigtails change size from time to time? sometime it the same size as the one in her art work then other time it different size, Anyone else notices this?

HoennMaster
13th October 2008, 8:22 AM
Hmmm Mira they said it like M-ira I always say Mi-ra

That is the only way to pronounce it.

DanChimchar
13th October 2008, 4:09 PM
I though it would've been a Eevee but never did I though it would be a Sandshrew.
Is just me or dose Mira's Pigtails change size from time to time? sometime it the same size as the one in her art work then other time it different size, Anyone else notices this?
Yeah I noticed that about he ponytails as well.
A Eevee I would have rather liked to see like a Gible or something like that even a Bronzor lol

darklord18
14th October 2008, 3:26 AM
Yeah I noticed that about he ponytails as well.
A Eevee I would have rather liked to see like a Gible or something like that even a Bronzor lol

When I first saw this I was thinking the people who did is episode were bad because there were some error that were real easy to pick out .

1 her Pigtails/ponytails or whatever you call then size kept changing.
2 during the scen where Mira talking to the Ash and the group and send out abra, her stocking are gone.
3 when Mira and Abra were caught in the net, while they were being pull away she and abra didn't have the breather thing on while it show as team rocket were leaving they had them on.
4 during the chase, Buizel's spots that are on it back disappear. (Credits goes to Bulbapedia as I didn't see it.)
and did anyone else notice that when sandshrew use sandstorm it hit a ground type when it shouldn't.

And I wonder why they made a dam and did anyone see the stuff in locker where the pokeball was. it look like someone forgot to pick them up before they left? and was any different in the Japaneses version to English version. (Dialogue wise.) (hope is isn't breaking the rules.)

Rommath
11th February 2009, 7:19 PM
This episode was a little strange, but okay. Mira's appearance was a bit awkward, I'm just noticing a lot of the mistakes the animators made. Like with the ponytails. Still, likeable enough.

darklord18
11th February 2009, 11:40 PM
/\ But you got to like the way she trick Team rocket with I'm your biggest fan line long an though to teleport away.

Rommath
12th February 2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, that was funny. Team Rocket sure are easy to dupe. Feel sorry for the Sandshrew though, if it had been there as long as Mira said it had been. The Gyrados was rather vicious, then again, they generally are. The Carvahna rocket launcher thing of TR's was cool.

Rank Up time!

darklord18
12th February 2009, 12:59 AM
/\ I think it was left there for a week - month, because most of the tree still had leafs on them.
But how in the world can a Gyarados fit in that school building let alone be in a dam?

The only sad thing was the all the mistake, it remind me of early Kanto. But them again they never really had someone like Mira before.

But the battle against team rocket went to fast and I would've like it if she use Abra instead of sandshrew.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:54 PM
i saw this episode not too long ago, mira's ponytails changed size sometimes that must have been a mistake:P

S.Suikun
6th July 2009, 6:53 AM
Momi was a dry character that got a pretty decent arc. Mira, on the other hand, is a pretty fun character that gets a terrible episode. Since the whole dark cave thing was never shown, I suppose the writers felt they had to shoehorn Mira into some sort of episode, no matter how pointless, and this was not only pointless, but it was pointless in a very dull way. Mira herself is easily this episode's bright point, whose quirky personality emits a little charm into it. But the entire plot here is just boring, not to mention it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You'd think there would be an underwater search-and-rescue team trying to retrieve valuables - and in Sandshrew's case - freaking lives. And who the hell would build a giant dam above a town, anyways (which would likely have destroyed the buildings altogether in rushing water)?

Maybe I'm thinking way too deeply into this. Regardless, there's no escaping how boring this episode is otherwise. Gyarados really had ought to be replaced by something like Qwilfish at this point, just to spice things up. Like Ursaring and Steelix, would it really kill the writers to have a non-****ish Gyarados? Regardless, the underwater battles were all poorly-scripted, as was the TR interference. One interesting thing to note here iks the use of Abra instead of Kadabra, which combined with both Kadabra's TCG absence and its long-term anime absence, raises peculiar suspicions of that whole Uri Geller scenario. Or maybe I'm just continuing to make stuff up since I'd rather not talk about this actual episode. Here's hoping Mai gets some better treatment. In the meantime, fortunately this is the last bad episode for a while.

D+

Littlemyuu
8th July 2009, 11:04 PM
Nice episode, kinda funny how the size of Mira's Ponytail keep changing ^-^;

milenadrg
12th August 2009, 2:39 PM
Episode was awesome. I liked that underwater town and Gyarados...
The only annoying thing I found in it are TR as usual...

Lorde
8th December 2009, 4:36 PM
This episode just wasn't what I would have liked. I thought Mira would have gotten a bigger episode like Cheryl got. Mira got an odd debut episode and the story was sort of iffy in my opinion. I liked the adventure aspect of this episode with Sandshrew stuck in a PokeBall under the lake, but the rest was sort of bland and unnecessary. At least Mira looked cute. 3/10.

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 1:53 PM
Sandshrew was strong, although he did not fight so long time.

And i loved how Mira helped them to get the next town.

KGB13
6th March 2010, 6:00 PM
This episode was OK, could have been better.

Vipsoccermaster
6th March 2010, 9:28 PM
This episode was good, exploring a wrecked ship to find Sandshrew. Good thing Sandshrew was still alive and well. And Mira was kind of cute.

Vipsoccermaster
6th March 2010, 9:29 PM
This episode was good, exploring a wrecked ship to find Sandshrew. Good thing Sandshrew was still alive and well. And Mira was kind of cute.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 10:06 AM
It was an alright episode, I did like how Mira tricked TR into believing she actually wanted to join their team and then teleported away, only if more people like Mira would trick them and escape/rescue their own Pokemon without Ash and co having to do it (Or blasting them off in mid motto like Paul did).

I felt sorry for Sandshrew, it was down in there for a while and could not escape. I guess Pokemon that aren't ordered to released are doomed to stay in them (Like Gastly and Haunter in OI with the haunted ship). Gyarados was pretty fierce but it wouldn't be a Gyarados if it wasn't.

I do think that it was a bit stupid for the dam to be over it, and if they had the same to evacuate shouldn't they have the time to save many things. Makes me wonder if some people died down there (But we wouldn't know since it's an anime)

saar
8th July 2010, 11:50 AM
That underwater episode - I really liked it.
And haha, Buizel has beaten a Gyarados ! That was amazing.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 2:16 PM
Nice plan against Gyarados! Brock's full of good plans like that

hever
6th March 2011, 12:58 AM
The underwater is definitely awesome. :x

G50
27th April 2011, 12:53 PM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Abra and Sandshrew for the 1st time in awhile. It was cool to see the gang go underwater in this episode. It was funny when Mira kept on tricking the gang and TR throughout the episode. She kept tricking them, and teleporting away after. It was cool to see the town as it looked underwater. It was interesting how she said she would teleport them to their destination, and then teleported them elsewhere.

10/100

Lorde
27th November 2014, 11:06 PM
I thought it was messed up that Mira's hometown had been flooded, but seeing that underwater setting here as well as the dam was refreshing at the very least. I screamed when that wild Gyarados appeared and drove Ash and friends and Mira away from the lake; why are Gyarados always villains? Meowth's Sharpedo cruiser was funny though.