PDA

View Full Version : Ash & Dawn! Head For New Adventure! (516)

Serebii
28th September 2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/516.jpgAsh & Dawn! Head For New Adventure!

One year on from the beginning of their Sinnoh Journey, Ash & Dawn provide recaps on the main points of their journey so far including their Pokémon, Gym & Contest battles and the interesting characters they have met thus far

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/516.shtml)

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th September 2007, 12:35 PM
They talk about the Pokemon a bit, and according to Dogasu Aipom is plainly said to be a girl, if you were still doubting May's line in the original version about that.

Also, Greggle is said to come out when it hears the voice of a lovely girl. :P

Rapidashlover82
28th September 2007, 12:42 PM
Serebii the link doesn't work for me how come?

Missingno. Master
28th September 2007, 12:51 PM
Serebii the link doesn't work for me how come?

Because there isn't an episode guide yet. the link's there so Serebii doesn't have to add it when the episode guide is added.

Rapidashlover82
28th September 2007, 12:52 PM
Because there isn't an episode guide yet. the link's there so Serebii doesn't have to add it when the episode guide is added.

Ok thankyou for telling me.

Dogasu
28th September 2007, 3:30 PM
Copy and paste!

It looks like the clip show episode is a regular episode. It gets a title screen, eyecatch, Orchid-Hakase lecture, and everything else a regular episode gets.

=Title Screen: "Satoshi to Hikari! Aratatana na Bouken ni Mukatte!" =

-The clip show is narrated by Satoshi & Hikari (the Houen clip show was narrated by the show's narrator)
-Unlike the previous clip show, the music in this episode is actually edited properly. You can really tell that more effort went into this episode than in the previous one.
-They recap Satoshi's and Hikari's meeting.
-Next, they go through Satoshi's, Hikari's, and Takeshi's pokemon. Hikari calls Aipom "Pokemon Kontesuto ga daisuki onna na ko" ("A girl who likes Pokemon Contests"), and Satoshi describes Takeshi's Gureggru as a pokemon who always appears whenever he hears a beautiful woman's voice.
-Next, they show clips from the Kurogane City Gym Battle.
-Next, we see clips of the Hakutai City Gym Battle.

=eyecatch=

-Next, we see clips of Satoshi's rival, Shinji.
-Then, we see clips of Hikari's rival, Nozomi.
-After that, clips of Hikari's first Contest, the Kotobuki Convention, are shown.
-Then, we see the Sono'o Convention.
-To Be Continued screen

Orchid-Hakse Big Pokemon Encyclopedia: Dodaitoise (it smacks Orchid-Hakase with the tree on its back)

Ashy Boy
28th September 2007, 7:39 PM
Nice recap ep, although it probably won't be aired in the US, just like the Hoenn one.

Dogasu
29th September 2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe. The show's under new management now, so we may see a dub of this episode after all.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2007, 2:41 PM
It'd be nice for the sole fact the viewers can learn Aipom's a girl since that was omitted in Aipomp and Circumstances.

So Dogasu, how was the music in this? I remember you saying the AG Recap episode really mixed the music badly.

cassius335
29th September 2007, 4:13 PM
and according to Dogasu Aipom is plainly said to be a girl, if you were still doubting May's line in the original version about that.

Oh good! I can't believe there were still people doubting that.

Neko Godot
29th September 2007, 4:14 PM
Also, Greggle is said to come out when it hears the voice of a lovely girl. :P
That explains everything. Greggle is a big pervert and always stops Brock from hitting on girls so that he can get some alone time with them.

Marquis19
29th September 2007, 4:55 PM
I Cant wait for it but wait is this an episode that wont be shown until ash goes to the league or is it gonna be shown early just wondering.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st October 2007, 11:00 PM
I watched this, and I must say it seemed better then the AG one.

They did a nice of of mixing it up, including the musical score, but I was surprised TR didn't get any focus really.

Dawn_Piplup
18th October 2007, 5:13 AM
In the upcoming episode 55, Dawn & Ash might trade their Pokemon Aipom & Buizel, which means that Dawn will get a female monkey who loves contests on her team! ;) So cute :3

Dawn_Piplup
18th October 2007, 5:20 AM
:) I <3 that clip m0re than the Hoenn one.

Dawn_Piplup
18th October 2007, 5:23 AM
Nice recap ep, although it probably won't be aired in the US, just like the Hoenn one.

I hope not! I want it 2 get aired!

buneary dude
14th January 2008, 2:46 AM
Why isn't this episode being aired?

Pokegirl16
13th February 2008, 2:00 AM
Well I heard a name wasn't released for the episode

MidnightTheMightyena
13th February 2008, 2:06 AM
^ No it was only released in Japan, it was never released in the US. ;262;

CyberCubed
13th February 2008, 7:01 PM
Its just a clipshow showing Ash/Dawn's old Gym battles/Contests, there is no new animation in this.

Bolt the Cat
21st February 2008, 3:36 AM
Well, I'm kind of glad this isn't being released. It's just one big recap of stuff that's happened already. Do you have any idea how boring that is? It makes Shakespeare looking interesting!

RageKaiser
21st February 2008, 4:09 AM
Well, I'm kind of glad this isn't being released. It's just one big recap of stuff that's happened already. Do you have any idea how boring that is? It makes Shakespeare looking interesting!

Hey, It's called a clip show, and clip shows can be entertaining to some people. Also grow up and learn that Shakespeare's work is VERY interesting and he is one of the greatest writers of all time.

Bolt the Cat
21st February 2008, 11:05 PM
Hey, It's called a clip show, and clip shows can be entertaining to some people. Also grow up and learn that Shakespeare's work is VERY interesting and he is one of the greatest writers of all time.

And I assume by some you mean one in one billion? Anyone who thinks that stuff is interesting deserves to be swallowed whole by Kyogre. And Shakespeare puts me to sleep in 5 seconds. Who in their right mind declared him the greatest writer of all time?

RageKaiser
22nd February 2008, 12:49 AM
And I assume by some you mean one in one billion?
Alot more than you think.

Anyone who thinks that stuff is interesting deserves to be swallowed whole by Kyogre.
Why? Just because you said so?

And Shakespeare puts me to sleep in 5 seconds. Who in their right mind declared him the greatest writer of all time?

Shakespeare puts you to sleep in 5 seconds because you're probably very simple minded. And I also said that he was ONE of the greatest writers. If he wasn't, why else would they make you study his work in school?

Bolt the Cat
22nd February 2008, 3:50 AM
Shakespeare puts you to sleep in 5 seconds because you're probably very simple minded.

I'm simple-minded? You're the simple minded one for obsessing over it.

If he wasn't, why else would they make you study his work in school?

Because they hate us all! I go to a rich private school and none of the English teachers seem to really care about their jobs! And why? Because English is pointless (outside of reading and writing. Those are pretty important). No one cares about any of it!

RageKaiser
22nd February 2008, 4:01 AM
I'm simple-minded? You're the simple minded one for obsessing over it.

Sorry to uh, burst your bubble hun, but I'm not obsessing.

Because they hate us all! I go to a rich private school and none of the English teachers seem to really care about their jobs! And why? Because English is pointless (outside of reading and writing. Those are pretty important). No one cares about any of it!

Should it be that if you go to a private school that your teachers care more?
And English isn't pointless, it's the language that both you and I speak.

Anyway, Back on topic too bad they didn't dub it, I would've liked to see it.

Walcott
22nd February 2008, 4:08 AM
I have mixed feelings on this being show in the U.S. It is just a look back on all the crap thats happened so far and the stuff that no one would care about. But then again, it shows every major event that happened. So yeah, this would've been fine to show, but were not missing anything from it.

Bolt the Cat
22nd February 2008, 3:42 PM
Should it be that if you go to a private school that your teachers care more?And English isn't pointless, it's the language that both you and I speak.

Yes. At higher quality schools, the teachers must actually care so the students can learn better. And I'm not talking about the language itself, I'm talking about the study of the language. All the freakin' books and plays and poems they make you read are boring and pointless.

Anyway, Back on topic too bad they didn't dub it, I would've liked to see it.

It was unnecessary and boring. Enough said.

Does anyone know why it didn't air?

bhrettzerda053
4th April 2008, 7:03 AM
This is a clipshow episode, so just like the Heated Battles episode, it won't probably have a dub title of it's own. Maybe 4Kids don't have any importances of airing clipshow episodes.

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 1:08 PM
i don't recall watching this one, i have the feeling i might have missed this one i need to catch up.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:48 PM
mmm, good clip episode, too bad it didn't dubb into the english version.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 3:33 AM
A recap of recent events in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Personally, I didn't think it was half-bad :/

Maybe it's because Sinnoh is one of my favorite sagas, but I think a recap was just what we needed to energize us for the rest of the journey.

Looking back, Sinnoh's beginning wasn't too bad at all. At least it was entertaining. 5/10

JohnLee
19th January 2010, 8:53 PM
A recap of recent events in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Personally, I didn't think it was half-bad :/

Maybe it's because Sinnoh is one of my favorite sagas, but I think a recap was just what we needed to energize us for the rest of the journey.

Looking back, Sinnoh's beginning wasn't too bad at all. At least it was entertaining. 5/10

I'm kinda glad they don't dub these kind of episodes. I'm not sure if I would like it, especially if it means we're just that much further behind Japan.

KGB13
6th March 2010, 5:42 PM
I kinda like clip shows, I wish they would dub them. oh well...

Sayho1234
25th September 2010, 9:16 AM
I wish that this episode were dubbed :(.

G50
27th April 2011, 1:00 PM
This episode was ok... I don't mind seeing a recap of what the gang has done throughout the season so far. It was great to have Aipom officially be revealed as a girl. This was much better than the Hoenn version.

50/100