PDA

View Full Version : Ash *could* be the very best.

PKMN Trainer Omega
29th September 2007, 12:52 AM
Ash isn't the best pokemon trainer ever. Actually I think he's the worst. First off if I were to have my Pikachu as long as he did, it would've probably been about a lvl 100 by now. It would've also had really good stats, and IV's.

Before you say he's gained tons of badges. He hasn't really gained one from battling. He's actually only gained them from helping people out.

One thing I don't get is in Oreburgh city, when Ash was battling Rock or whatever his name was. He got owned, when his pikachu could've easily have taken em all out.

And I think he could've been the best by now, probably better than Cynthia. If he would've kept all his pokemon from Season 1.

Rapidashlover82
29th September 2007, 12:55 AM
Ash isn't the best pokemon trainer ever. Actually I think he's the worst. First off if I were to have my Pikachu as long as he did, it would've probably been about a lvl 100 by now. It would've also had really good stats, and IV's.

Before you say he's gained tons of badges. He hasn't really gained one from battling. He's actually only gained them from helping people out.

One thing I don't get is in Oreburgh city, when Ash was battling Rock or whatever his name was. He got owned, when his pikachu could've easily have taken em all out.

And I think he could've been the best by now, probably better than Cynthia. If he would've kept all his pokemon from Season 1.

If they did that then the anime would be boring because Ash would win every match and it wouldn't be exciting.

jorsian
29th September 2007, 1:03 AM
Also, why does he always have pickacu? I understand that it's his starter but it's like almost his weakest type of pokemon not counting levels and i agree pikachu should be able to own a gym that's only the first one on the game you can beat it with a level 10.

Flama the foxangel
29th September 2007, 1:09 AM
Yes many people say that, but the producers want to keep alive the series forever so they must not let Ash complete his quest :p

Corzola
29th September 2007, 2:07 AM
Many errors in in the first post, he have won the most badges from battling gym leaders. In the first season he recived them due to luck and that he helped people out but that ended when the first season ended. Pikachu is strong, probobly/maybe a bit too strong but not level 100. Imagine how strong a Pokemon must be to at level 100. But because we can´t applicate the games level rules at the show that is a meaningless discussion.

Ash has a great record:
* Top 16 IL
* Completed OI
* Top 8 in both Jotho and Hoen
* Completed BF AND could take position as Frontier Brain

Put that record against almost any other character in the show and you see that Ash has a great record. And he is still young.

Ash has been critized (in the show) for only using some of his Pokemon but again, that was from the first seasons. And the point that he should stay with his Kanto Pokemons don´t fit either, because he travels on to meet new friends and Pokemons, not sticknig with his first 10 or so.

Ash is not nearly the best trainer ever but he is a great trainer, with flaws (which he often nowdays understand by himslef after a failed battle, and not as in the earlier years have someone point them out to him) but he works to overcome them.

So many of this posts about characters are based on peoples personal thoughts about the characters, not based on an objective analyses. You can dislike an ice hockey team or baseball team or an soccer team so much you want/like but as long as they win tournaments and have the best players you have to accept that they simply have great skills. The same goes for Ash, Paul, Misty, Dawn, Gary or any character in Pokemon or any character in any fictious universe.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2007, 3:42 AM
I hate how Ash gets all his badges from pity while I have to work my *** off for them by rigorously spending a good afternoon raising my Pokemon from the comfort of my couch!

Goddamn you Ash! Goddamn you!

Shadow Lucario
29th September 2007, 3:51 AM
Ash has to work to get his badges also. The only badges he really didn't work for that I can remember are the Boulder Badge, Casecade Badge, and Rainbow Badge

Anaya
29th September 2007, 3:53 AM
The reason that he isn't the best by now is because they want to keep the show going. If he was the best, then the show would have no point.

mystkmastkal
29th September 2007, 3:58 AM
^^ seriously

in the indigo league he got off so easy...he only had a couple good fights

lt.surge
blaine
i think koga

Flamingirl22
29th September 2007, 6:00 AM
the games are completely different to the anime, there arent any levels, stats or anything like that in the show

Laser Shuckle
29th September 2007, 6:07 AM
just another pokemon fan, questioning something made for little kids. >_>

High Commander Solomon
29th September 2007, 6:53 AM
He's making a massive mistake letting Dawn hang around. Not that she's screwing him up through any fault of her own, mind you, but the contests are taking him out of his way during time he could be handling his own training. Hell, it would seem he's barely interested in being a spectator at them. Say what you will about it balancing the storyarcs and other meta-reasons, but in-story it's a mistake.

Corzola
29th September 2007, 10:52 AM
As much as I like Dawn (which is a lot) I can actually agree on that in some ways (not "massive misstake" but maybe a "partial setback"). Maybe he would be better of traveling with a fellow trainer whos goal is to enter the region league tournament. Then they could train battle together and things like that. That is actually something I would like to see for the next (if it ever comes a new region) region.

But maybe he has learn so much about basic training (get up in the morning and start working with your Pokemon, don´t sleep until lunch) to get the propper traing done even if he travels with a co- ordninator. If he had done the same thing during his junior years that would have compromised his traing more I think. Then he neeeded Brock and Misty to push him in some ways.

Remember that we only sees parts of his/their journey, I think seeing them train is one of the things that is kept off screen. Even with Dawn (and May) around he does work hard on regular basic traing. Heck, one of Pikachus new moves comes from Dawn/Piplup. :D

He did take his greatest victory while traveling with a Co- ordinator (I am refereing to his two victories against Anabel and Brandon when he traveld with May). The question is more widely, is Ash good enough to win a tournament, not if he is a great trainer or not.

Gravy
29th September 2007, 11:25 AM
I agree with PKMN Trainer Omega (Great username btw, and no doubt true! Probably not a troll either, which is kewl!); If Ash doesn't get his act together and wander around the same patch of grass for hours on end in order to max out his Muku. BIRD's attack stats, he's never going to beat anyone in the metagame (the only real reason anyone should be into pokémon), and he'll end up in the gutter for the rest of his life, surviving by drinking puddle water and licking the last remaining clumps of dry toothpaste from discarded Aquafresh tubes.
Infact, I'm surprised he isn't there already, considering it's painfully obvious that said Muku.BIRD has pitiful IVs and an even worse moveset. Two flying type moves? Unevolved? Piss-poor stats? That isn't going to win him any ****ing online battles. You aren't going to gain any respect from your fan-base if you don't read some freaking online-guides and shape up.

I also agree that he should bring his old pokémon back. I mean, sure Charizard has a 4x weakness to rock and a set of moves that would make baby Jesus laugh himself to death, but who the hell cares? Charizard is a dragon and thus, god-damn awesome!

Corzola
29th September 2007, 11:48 AM
His old Pokemon will return (in fact, they do so every now and then) when the series is about to end. I think that if Pokemon ends with some sort of super tournament or BF like thing at least 1/3 of his combined Pokemon team will be of his first 12 Pokemons. But for now, whats the point of bring them all back, he is touring a new region to find new Pokemon, not to only use those he already have.

No one can explain that objectiv, why he should take his old Pokemon on his new journey. Its all about what the person in question like, which Pokemons he/she likes.

Mark1006
29th September 2007, 11:58 AM
Ash's Pikachu should of beat that Paul fellow easily!Yet it was a draw?
He must really suck :|

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th September 2007, 2:33 PM
Paul is on the same level of Ash, so his Elekid could easily be just like Pikachu.

S.Suikun
29th September 2007, 9:00 PM
Mukubird have mercy on this fanbase. Seriously, if some of these people had it their way, the DP arc would have gone as follows:

DP01: Pokeradar Part One! Chain the Shiny Mukkuru!
DP02: Pokeradar Part Two! Still Walking Around the Same Patch of Grass!
DP03: Pokeradar Part Three! Destroy the Chain-Breaking Bippa!
DP04: Decisive Match! Battle Vs. Wild Bippas for HP EV Points!
DP05: Rival Confrontation! Vs. Hacked Legend Team!
DP06: Pokemon Egg! Go Back and Forth on Bicycle for 53800 Steps!
DP07: Hikari Strips! Fanbase Orgasms! The Daijoubu Center is Very Busy!
DP08: Kurogane Gym! One-Hit-KO-Fest from Excessive EV Training!

High Commander Solomon
30th September 2007, 2:17 AM
...I want to watch that series. Now. The hacked legend team would be so awesome to see animated.

PDL
30th September 2007, 2:33 AM
...I want to watch that series. Now. The hacked legend team would be so awesome to see animated.

I wouldn't. It has no Pokéhipping.

I WANT MISTY BACK IN THE SHOW DAMMIT.

High Commander Solomon
30th September 2007, 4:19 AM
It mentions eggs and bicycles. Clearly this is a meta-hint full of squee.

Poke'T<3
30th September 2007, 4:59 AM
i agree with everything corzola says (cept for the dawn) bring back May! but anyways they are just trying to keep it going there really is no stats or anything on the anime there is just experience and its more realistic they can dodge and use surrounding areas to battle unlike the game where you take the hits... but i think pikachu is reallly strong he could have beat buizel and prinplup if they had kept the match going probably i mean that guy dawn knew didnt really start that long ago... and paul is the same as ash so his elekid is probably pikachus same level it must be a pretty good pokemon considering how paul always seems so interested in pikachu if yall remember...

charizard92
30th September 2007, 7:57 AM
yea ashs pikachu should be able to KO any pokemon trainer he sees right now but like usually the makers reset the series and reset pikachu and everybody who is saying that ash should have beat pauls butt remeber that your really not a new trainor starting out if you have the final evo of turtwig and weavile in your party. and if you read the bio on him it says hes gone the all the same regions so they should have tied because basicly they are evely matched. but dawn is annoying because she is helping hold ash back from being better because he has to be in the contest place watching her lose. and the only reason that ash isnt barley alive i nthe woods living offf of toothpaste and pond water is because brock can whip out his pots and pans out of thin air and cook so ash should be thankful that the writers gave him a magician to cook for him

Almighty Zard
30th September 2007, 8:17 AM
The only nitpick I have is the fact he's regressed after winning the Battle Frontier. Now i know he's not ever supposed to be invincible, but throwing him onto a losing streak at the beginning to the region following something bigger than a gym circuit, and having both of the first two gym leaders pwn him is a little bit overkill in my book, sure Ash got them back, but even though the wins are reasonable they are also deus ex in the long run.

I also agree that he should bring his old pokémon back. I mean, sure Charizard has a 4x weakness to rock and a set of moves that would make baby Jesus laugh himself to death, but who the hell cares? Charizard is a dragon and thus, god-damn awesome!

I wouldn't be joking about that Gravy, his current four pokemon aren't very impressive at the moment, nor have the writers after 50 episodes made any effort to give them new moves or evos (sans one that didn't change anything since the bird still sucks), and one of them's future is now practically screwed over due to a rather poor decision on the writers part as well.

Heck unless his last two captures are rapid developing, strong, die hard fighters who only care about battle(and not doing some retarded dance which is not going to win gym battles or beat Paul and Cynthia) , I don't see Ash beating Paul in a "Fair fight" (considering pauls stature, other than Pikachu there ain't no way any non evo guys can fight in that match, since otherwise it will be branded as cheap and lame)without calling the reserves in, and Charizard very well might be one of them.

Dax
2nd October 2007, 1:49 AM
Heck unless his last two captures are rapid developing, strong, die hard fighters who only care about battle(and not doing some retarded dance which is not going to win gym battles or beat Paul and Cynthia) , I don't see Ash beating Paul in a "Fair fight" (considering pauls stature, other than Pikachu there ain't no way any non evo guys can fight in that match, since otherwise it will be branded as cheap and lame)without calling the reserves in, and Charizard very well might be one of them.

What's so wrong about the pokemon dancing? Just because a pokemon likes to dance doesn't mean it can't fight.

Did you ever wondered about the time Ash has to develop all of his pokemons into amazing battlers. Just because they are weak doesn't mean they are unable to build strength. With 6 gyms left this pokemons can turn out to be killers especially since we have some potential evolutions and we have a lot of time for development, battles and evolutions.

Poke'T<3
2nd October 2007, 2:54 AM
yeah Dax is right, not to mention this season seems to be surpassing johto in length perhaps

Corzola
2nd October 2007, 2:09 PM
Pikachu and Aipom is great fighters, and Turtwig seems to be one. Staravia is the one I have most fear about, I hope it turns out to ne like Talilow and not just pop TR:s ballon every now and then.

But talk about a crisis only a "few" eps in is not right. Two open places can easily be filled with great Pokemon in the ranks of Bayleaf (one of his best Pokemons in some ways) and a fair fighter (in ranks of Torkoal).

uber gon
2nd October 2007, 8:16 PM
The only nitpick I have is the fact he's regressed after winning the Battle Frontier. Now i know he's not ever supposed to be invincible, but throwing him onto a losing streak at the beginning to the region following something bigger than a gym circuit, and having both of the first two gym leaders pwn him is a little bit overkill in my book, sure Ash got them back, but even though the wins are reasonable they are also deus ex in the long run.

I wouldn't be joking about that Gravy, his current four pokemon aren't very impressive at the moment, nor have the writers after 50 episodes made any effort to give them new moves or evos (sans one that didn't change anything since the bird still sucks), and one of them's future is now practically screwed over due to a rather poor decision on the writers part as well.

Just because Paul has a Torterra doesn't mean Ash won't get one too.

Leona
2nd October 2007, 8:52 PM
at this rate, Ash is still confused as a little boy himself, so no ;x

NekoRobin
3rd October 2007, 8:02 AM
Um in the kanto series, there was a catchprase.."GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!" but yeah, think bout it.
He only catched like um..some pokemons + 30 tauroses?

Leona
3rd October 2007, 8:42 AM
yeah and the episode when he caught them got banned here which was pretty dumb ;x

dj_latios
3rd October 2007, 11:21 AM
Ash could have been the best if he had his season 1 pokemon.....but the series has to move on.

dj_latios
3rd October 2007, 11:21 AM
Ash could have been the best if he had his season 1 pokemon.....but the series has to move on.