PDA

View Full Version : forums and chats

impres44870
29th September 2007, 2:00 AM
how can i automatically log on as impres44870 when i go onto chat? does it have something to do with the forums?

Kirby
29th September 2007, 2:08 AM
Wrong section.

You need to download an IRC client, I use mIRC, you can download it here:

www.mirc.com

When you download it, open it, fill out the information it asks, click okay, and then type /server irc.dejatoons.net

and then /j spp

And no, joining under your chosen name has nothing to do with the forums.

Erik Destler
29th September 2007, 4:27 AM
Actually, it does. On a few other forums, the java applett is embedded into the forums, and it will automatically log you on your nick, but just not identify you.

But what Kirby said is true, you would need to use mIRC to automatically come on as your name. It's not that hard to use, and plus there's a tutorial thread here too, in case you need help :]

Keitaro-kun
29th September 2007, 4:33 AM
Why /j every time?~

I just have SPP and WiFi on my favorites with join on connect, alot easier

[In before Blatsman ruins the topic and makes it get closed]

Kirby
29th September 2007, 7:45 AM
Actually, it does. On a few other forums, the java applett is embedded into the forums, and it will automatically log you on your nick, but just not identify you.

But what Kirby said is true, you would need to use mIRC to automatically come on as your name. It's not that hard to use, and plus there's a tutorial thread here too, in case you need help :]

When I said it has nothing to do with the forums, I meant these ones in particular :/

@Keitaro-kun, you'll be happy to know that if Blatsman spams in one more topic and I catch it, he gets banned :)