PDA

View Full Version : what is with ash

fosterfossil
30th September 2007, 3:26 AM
what is with ash he constantly has the opportunity to catch pokemon but he doesn't how is he gonna be a pokemon master if he won't catch pokemon that he gets the chance to

Pikawho?
30th September 2007, 3:29 AM
It's called "Ash is the main character in one of the worst animes of all time." XD To be honest, my friend and I used to ask ourselves that all the time. But you've got to think of it this way: If he caught the pokemon(I'm sure you are refering to the legendary ones) he would kick everyone's butt. And that would be boring. If they made it lose then you'd think that Ash sucks. So basically, they give Ash crappy pokemon and he goes far with them. XD

Samurai Cerberus
30th September 2007, 3:35 AM
Ash catches Pokémon that the show's writers think that though viewers will respond to. Also that guy have a point if he catches a legendary Pokmon he will jump the sharpedo. (Agian)

fosterfossil
30th September 2007, 3:44 AM
i wasn't refering to legendaries and there r a ton of poken that ash could have that would be better than aipom

Samurai Cerberus
30th September 2007, 3:45 AM
I agreed but she's popular with the fans. At least she is around here. I would much rather are seen as catch a dark type Pokmon like Absol or maybe even Ralts.

fosterfossil
30th September 2007, 3:51 AM
i was kinda hoping he would catch a dark type or maybe gible

Samurai Cerberus
30th September 2007, 3:56 AM
agreed Gible would make a great Pokémon for ash. Or how about Lucario?

fosterfossil
30th September 2007, 3:58 AM
yeah lucario would be good too i was also thinking bronzor

Samurai Cerberus
30th September 2007, 3:59 AM
I don't really like that one but it could work

fosterfossil
30th September 2007, 4:03 AM
yeah actually in one of the recent episodes he was carrying around a hippopotas like he was befriending it but he relaesed it and never caught it

manaphyfantasia
30th September 2007, 4:04 AM
i agree. lucario is more "ash". ash has a determined attitude, so he really just needs a determined pokemon. like pikachu. if ash says "ha! we can beat the whole elite four three times in a row! right, pikachu?" "pika!" he would say, agreeing.

Phosphate
30th September 2007, 4:10 AM
The reason Ash has poor Pokemon is because the show is to inspire hope for the weak. Ash might be an idiot of a character, but it drags the show on.

fosterfossil
30th September 2007, 4:18 AM
if they really want him to be an underdog they would given him pokemon the exeggutor and ratata and pokemon like that

Poke'T<3
30th September 2007, 5:04 AM
i am like praying ash gets riolu that would be the most perfect pokemon for him and it would really put ash's battling and stuff back on track riolu will probably be like treecko was in the hoenn region and grovyle in the battle frontier if dawn, brock, nozomi, kenny, or paul get the riolu i will seriously have to PULL my hair out! acctually i really like kenny alot so i wouldnt mind if he got one...

Samurai Cerberus
30th September 2007, 7:44 PM
Ash is dumb. He can't see that Misty is the one for him.

NekoRobin
30th September 2007, 7:51 PM
Indeed, I thought bout it too.
500 or more episodes but only like 40 pokemon..I'm not sure if he cares bout being the master. I mean he wants to but he sucks.

ijea4444
30th September 2007, 8:39 PM
personality... most of all his johto pokemon had no persenality imagine if he got like 30 more in sinnoh... only like 3 of those 30 would have personality. The writers want to give ash and alll their characters to have pokemon that they think we could connect to, to publisize( aipom in bf so in sinnoh ash gets ampipom), and also give " 500 or more episodes"^^^
so that at least some of them get more personality. Charizard, and sceptile got a lot more personality than all the other pokes. Pople would remember charizard from all the leagues, and articuno, people remember sceptile from that twig in its mouth, bf ,etc. what is cyndaquil remembered by? totodile? noctowl? torkoal? 30 tauros?, etc

~Sirnight~
30th September 2007, 9:06 PM
personality... most of all his johto pokemon had no persenality imagine if he got like 30 more in sinnoh... only like 3 of those 30 would have personality. The writers want to give ash and alll their characters to have pokemon that they think we could connect to, to publisize( aipom in bf so in sinnoh ash gets ampipom), and also give " 500 or more episodes"^^^
so that at least some of them get more personality. Charizard, and sceptile got a lot more personality than all the other pokes. Pople would remember charizard from all the leagues, and articuno, people remember sceptile from that twig in its mouth, bf ,etc. what is cyndaquil remembered by? totodile? noctowl? torkoal? 30 tauros?, etc

Cyndaquil was shy and should have evolved about 50 times already, Totodile bites, Noctowl is frickin' shiny, Torkoal smokes, and the Tauros ran over that fence that one time. When did he even catch those, anyway?

fosterfossil
1st October 2007, 3:28 AM
i agree that they wouldn't have personalities but he still needs to catch more than five like he did during hoenn
btw
totdile was really hyper
cyndaquil was shy and took awhile to build up fire
noctowl was shiny and smart
his tauros r known for causing damage to property
torkoal's smoke and some what whiney attitude
muk is playful
bayleef is jealous
etc.

Geodude
1st October 2007, 3:34 AM
What the heck difference does it make how many Pokemon he catches or owns? The point has been clearly drilled into our heads throughout the entire anime that it doesn't matter how many Pokemon you have, that means nothing. What's much more important is the relationship between a trainer and his Pokemon and how strong and well-trained they are individually. Haven't you been paying attention? Any idiot can go out and catch lots of Pokemon, does that automatically mean they're a great trainer? You people seem to think so.

Corzola
1st October 2007, 3:56 AM
Remember back in the first seasons Ash tried to capure a lot more but it was something called "beginners idea of Pokemon training".

First, he has a couple of very powerful Pokemon and a pair of fair Pokemon (in strength). Second, he use to combine all his Pokemons abilities in a line up (as in the match against Gary in Jotho, against Brandon and Anabel in BF). The fact is that he don´t really have any weak Pokemon, with Cyndaquil and Staravia at the lowest.

There is no need to capture like 20 Pokemon per region, they wouldn´t make his "field team" stronger, and he don´t have the oppurtunity to train them all (the six Pokemon limint). Better than to have 5 - 8 and switch them around (he can easily switch between 2 Pokemon home --> the field but not 10 as he would be forced to do if he captured every Pokemon he saw).

The only way he would be capable of having a big team would be to stay home for a very long time and train with them at Oaks lab.

As long as he is out on the field he is better off only having a core team on 5/6 Pokemon which he is training on spot and a second team at home who he always can count on.

It seems like you suggest that he - if he saw - a Rattata should capture that on the spot just for the reason its a Pokemon that would make his total number of Pokemon higher.

zeno48
1st October 2007, 5:08 AM
The reason Ash has poor Pokemon is because the show is to inspire hope for the weak. Ash might be an idiot of a character, but it drags the show on.

What are you talking about? Inspires hope for the weak?

Satoshi Tajiri
1st October 2007, 8:31 AM
If he writers gave ash several hundred Pokemon, they would get hardly any character development, and the show would be quite boring.

What the heck difference does it make how many Pokemon he catches or owns? The point has been clearly drilled into our heads throughout the entire anime that it doesn't matter how many Pokemon you have, that means nothing. What's much more important is the relationship between a trainer and his Pokemon and how strong and well-trained they are individually. Haven't you been paying attention? Any idiot can go out and catch lots of Pokemon, does that automatically mean they're a great trainer? You people seem to think so.

Exactly.

dj_latios
1st October 2007, 10:44 AM
Ash will never catch a legendary.PERIOD!!!

fosterfossil
1st October 2007, 12:32 PM
ok u people rn't getting my reasoning i wasn't saying he should catch twenty per region but more like he should catch more than five and no i wasn't saying he should just try and catch every pokemon he sees but he has great opportunities to catch good pokemon and he doesn't even attempt to as for geodude siad yes it is about the relationship between a trainer and there pokemon that is the basis for the show but the defention of a pokemon master as said by ash in one of the first episodes to be the best and have every type of pokemon ok geodude i would appreciate it if u didn't call people idiot's ur kinda geting on my nerves

Geodude
1st October 2007, 12:56 PM
And I'd appreciate it if you'd include this thing called punctuation. It's quite handy if you want people to actually read what you say and take you seriously.

Exactly who did I call an idiot? Read my post again.

Kaim_Fabuyashi
1st October 2007, 1:15 PM
ok u people rn't getting my reasoning i wasn't saying he should catch twenty per region but more like he should catch more than five and no i wasn't saying he should just try and catch every pokemon he sees but he has great opportunities to catch good pokemon and he doesn't even attempt to as for geodude siad yes it is about the relationship between a trainer and there pokemon that is the basis for the show but the defention of a pokemon master as said by ash in one of the first episodes to be the best and have every type of pokemon ok geodude i would appreciate it if u didn't call people idiot's ur kinda geting on my nerves

Geodude said 'any idiot' any you took that upon yourself to mean yourself. Again catching many doesnt show your a good trainer, it shows that you have to much time on your hands and dont train......at all. I dont see what the real problem is here.

~Kaim

Shiny pokemon lover
1st October 2007, 8:23 PM
It is completely right! If Ash captured every wild pokemon he saw the pokemon would get no personality, just be battling drones and therefore destroy the meaning of the show. I think the anime has an spesical meaning (point) around OUR real animals. The few pokemon he has, have their own story line ( personal problems, earlier life etc. And I guess so many pokeballs is to expensive for an ordinary boy anyway. Traners like Gary is ritch and therefore he can catch many pokemon. The most trainers we see also have less pokemon than Ash.

Lopunny
1st October 2007, 8:27 PM
Ash doesnt DESERVE good pokemon, he lets all his good pokemon go/leave the show/whatever, remember what he did with Charazard, Squartle and Bulbasaur (to name just a few)? Ok, writers fault here but still, Ash DID let those three go.

Charazard to some Charazard reserve, Bulbasaur to stay at Oaks lab to play pokemon middle man between the grass pokemon fights and Squartle went back with Jenny and her old Squirtle Squad team.

Ash lets all his good pokemon go after a while, he deserves whatever pokemon the writers give him, the more 'useless' ones arnt so upsetting to let go when he leaves to start a new journey. However, letting go of the more better ones during his journey is a stupid move wich makes him not deserve good pokemon.

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st October 2007, 8:34 PM
Um...Charizard and Bulbasaur have been shown to come back when ever he needs them, Squirtle as well.

Corzola
1st October 2007, 9:00 PM
Charizard gets stronger when he is at that valley. Thats the point of letting him stay there. And Bulbasaur and Squirtle are not that important to have in battle as they once was when he had a few Pokemon. Now he can use so many supplements to them.

But he would be stronger with Charizard on his field team, no argue about that. But in the long run Charizard gets stronger in the valley and therefore are better trained for any league than he would be if he was in the field with Ash.

Lopunny
1st October 2007, 9:10 PM
They arnt really his anymore, they are more like his honorary pokemon, who do you think tells them what to do and what not when Ash isnt around? Right now, concidering how much contact he has with them, they arnt actually his. He still has some sort of ownership of them, yes, but its more in terms of them being his honorary pokemon then pokemon he actually HAS 100% ownership over, if he DID have 100% owner ship over them they wouldnt be popping up every once in a while to battle for him.

Bulbasuar, I admit, being at the lab can still be his, total ownership still to an extent, BUT as for Charazard and Squirtle, I dont count them as his anymore or at least not fully, whoever takes care of the Charazard reserve and Jenny are now their owners also to an extent. The Squirtle Squad helps Jenny out so obviously they, including Squirtle, has to obey her, thus making him not exactly Ash's anymore.

A pokemon listens to its trainer, if Ash still had complete ownership of Charazard and Squirtle he wouldnt listen to either the guys running the reserve or Jenny, they would be disobediant and not do as they say.

So while Ash still gets to battle with them every so often, they arnt exactly his anymore, he is more co-owning them then anything, thus making them his honorary pokemon, he got rid of them, wether willingly or not, they arnt exactly his anymore.

Besides them, we cant forget Butterfree can we? Another pokemon he let go and then there is Lapras, true that was a temporary thing till Lapras found its herd or whatever it is called again but still, he could of at least caught it for himself....

Granted, writers fault for that but still...

PaulFan1517
1st October 2007, 10:56 PM
What is with annoying people like you that are obsessed with making a topic about this ever single week .Don't you think we get the point already. We have known for years that the writers don't let ash catch enough pokemon and rotate them. You aren't telling us anything new man. You know what there should be a rule on serebii forums about a limit on topics like this.

Once again we get the point people what the heck do you expect each of us to do.