PDA

View Full Version : Neon Genesis Evangelion Club v.2

*Bashamo*
2nd October 2007, 11:12 AM
+

Welcome. Feel free to flip through, and if you'd like to join, simply post.

Current Members:
Owner note - Everyone is welcome, supposing you can be mature and well behaved. Be good kids!

Me - owner
Hellkorn - co owner (and topic maker)
Kaizer - co owner (and also a topic maker)
uzumakikunai

Owner note -

Of course. I've resurrected the nge club, were we (hopefully) shall discuss the extreme details of this masterpiece of religious, mecha, psychological and apocalyptic anime. Like the last club, I feel the need that we must have an NGE club considering how dense this forum is now, and yet there is no nge club here, which I find incrediby strange.

Rules. Because we need this important rule.

No Bashing, for the love of life.

"I understand the plot, and it is stupid" You sir, are a moron. I'm sorry, but logic denotes that you cannot understand Eva's plot and yet think of it as unintelligent, it just makes no sense, and I'm not saying this as a fan, I'm saying this as factual, because I myself don't get all of the plot, but I know enough to know it's plain genius.

"The characters are too whiny and annoying" "Shinji is emo"

Tell me, honestly, if you were suddenly thrown into his position ("Pilot this massive robot and go out and fight this Godzilla knock-off and maybe die or be crippled..."), have had the same upbringing (mother is torn away from you at an early age, father is the ******* King, and nobody ever gives you any sort of genuine care whatsoever), would YOU fare any differently?

Shinji saved the world more than ten times throughout the story.

And most of those watching wouldn't even have been able to get into the damn entry plug to pilot.

Add that to how EVERYTHING was purposefully stacked against him and NO ONE was willing to reach out to him in the latter half of the story, and you'd still imply that he has NO REASON to act the way he does?

No Banners
I'm not having any banners. Screw it. I think if you really badly want to represent your membership, you can put a red cross in your sig or something. Frankly, do what the hell you want, I really don't care, but I don't think we really need club banners.

Oh, and this one too

Spoilers are optional
Since there is so much in Evangelion that can be classified as a spoiler, you do not have to mark them into a spoiler tag. If you're selfless, unlike me, go ahead.

Well. I guess that's it! enjoy.

Kaizer
4th October 2007, 4:15 AM
Well, being this is the brand new thread and all, perhaps we should start with something brand new?

So I pose a question: What do we know about the new Eva movies? I know the basic premises (obviously) and I know the next one will include some new Units, as well as a new (female) pilot, but what else is there? I don't think we've got anyone here who's seen the actual thing since subs are almost certainly out of the question due to new laws about cameras in theaters... But really, what else is there? What could the differences have as an impact on the story for instance?

*Bashamo*
4th October 2007, 5:26 AM
So I pose a question: What do we know about the new Eva movies? I know the basic premises (obviously) and I know the next one will include some new Units, as well as a new (female) pilot, but what else is there? I don't think we've got anyone here who's seen the actual thing since subs are almost certainly out of the question due to new laws about cameras in theaters... But really, what else is there? What could the differences have as an impact on the story for instance?

I wouldn't think they would make it as psychologically intense as last time if they trying to gain a newer audience, and as for new stuff... I don't know, they wouldn't have new angels, obviously that would completely ruin the whole thing, perhaps they will just answer questions such as where Adam originated, Lilith yada yada, as for the new female character, just another way to make money out of fanboys by selling artbooks (joke)

I've made a bond with straws. -.-

uzumakikunai
4th October 2007, 8:29 AM
hey, can i jion?
i've seen eps 1-19, but then the channel airing them decided to cut the program :'(
i like NGE because it isn't just robots fighting aliens 24/7, it has a more intense psychological aspect.
:3

*Bashamo*
4th October 2007, 8:32 AM
Done. Just filling you in, we're discussing the four new Nge movies that are in production, one has already been made, but, laws, cameras, etc.

uzumakikunai
4th October 2007, 8:38 AM
oh yeah, i remember hearing something about that in NEO magazine...
they sound awesome!
when is they're ERT?

*Bashamo*
4th October 2007, 8:44 AM
oh yeah, i remember hearing something about that in NEO magazine...
they sound awesome!
when is they're ERT?

If by ERT you mean when they'll be released internationally, no idea. I think the second movie will be released in Japan in 08, the rest I have no clue, hehe.

uzumakikunai
4th October 2007, 8:48 AM
yeah, Estimated Release Time.
a long wait, then :(

*Bashamo*
4th October 2007, 8:54 AM
yeah, Estimated Release Time.
a long wait, then :(

Patience is a virtue my friend! It just buys us more time.

Apparition
6th October 2007, 12:44 PM
Did you bring the maps?
-Check.
The equipment?
-Check.
The butfor?
- What's a butfor?
For pooping silly.