PDA

View Full Version : Canine Pokémon Fan Club

GentleArtillery
6th October 2007, 1:34 PM
Before posting, read through this post. Or at least read the rules. If you haven't, you won't be able to join. From now on, I'll just ignore joining posts that doesn't follow the joining rules.

- The Canine Pokémon Fan Club -
This is a club for all those who love the dog, wolf or fox-like Pokémon. You don't have to like all of them, maybe you just like 2-3, but you're welcome as long as you like them.

- List of the canine Pokémon -

Vulpix ;037; Fire-type
Ninetales ;038; Fire-type
Growlithe ;058; Fire-type | Claimed by Jewperman and BlazingFury
Arcanine ;059; Fire-type | Claimed by -Xu- and niedude
Eevee ;133; Normal-type | Claimed by Blue Milotic
Vaporeon ;134; Water-type
Jolteon ;135; Electric-type
Flareon ;136; Fire-type
Umbreon ;197; Dark-type | Claimed by Mikaruge84
Snubbull ;209; Normal-type
Granbull ;210; Normal-type
Houndour ;228; Dark/Fire-type
Houndoom ;229; Dark/Fire-type | Claimed by Pokérus-Deity
Smeargle ;235; Normal-type
Raikou ;243; Electric-type
Entei ;244; Fire-type | Claimed by crobatman
Suicune ;245; Water-type | Claimed by legendarypokemonjunkie17
Poochyena ;261; Dark-type | Claimed by Dinaria and +MewHeart+
Mightyena ;262; Dark-type | Claimed by GentleArtillery
Zigzagoon ;263; Normal-type
Linoone ;264; Normal-type | Claimed by BlazeShadow
Electrike ;309; Electric-type | Claimed by Rakurai
Manectric ;310; Electric-type
Absol ;359; Dark-type | Claimed by Mli
Riolu ;447; Fighting-type
Lucario ;448; Fighting/Steel-type
Leafeon ;470; Grass-type
Glaceon ;471; Ice-type | Claimed by Frozen Kitsune

All Pokémon on this list have a reason to be there, though people will have different opinions about this. For instance, I consider Raikou very feline, but some people think he's a dog, so I put it there. The ones I'm not sure should be there are Leafeon and Glaceon, so I'd like your opinon. If you think there's a Pokémon that should be on the list, just tell me :3

EDIT: claiming! You can claim one of the Pokémon listed above; each Pokémon can be claimed by two persons. Just remember that this is just for this club and nothing sitely, right?

- Rules -

1. Read the first post before even thinking of posting.
2. I'm only active on Saturdays and Sundays, so when you write your joining post have that in mind and don't ask "why ain't I on the list yet?" or something.
3. When joining, you must clearly state that you want to join.
4. Don't ask to become a co-owner. I'm not even sure this club will have co-owners.
5. All SPPf rules apply, of course.
6. Try to write with good grammar and spelling. Don't shorten words like "you" into "u".
7. In order to join, you must write the secret password. The current secret password is "Electric Banana Band." If you haven't got this in your post, I will automatically assume that you haven't read through the first post, even though you just might have forgotten it.
8. Do not discuss anything that really doesn't have to do with the club's subject.
9. Feel free to make banners for this club, just as long as the keep to the subject. You don't need to have a banner in your signature to be a member of this club, though. If you use a banner someone else has made, you must give credit, naturally.
10. You can post art (made by you) here too, as long as it is art of any of the canine Pokémon. And well, it must follow the rules, no hentai or such. Those who post hentai will be banned from this club and reported.

- Members -

Leader: GentleArtillery
The leader can accept and ban members, make new rules, plus everything regular members can.

Members:
Dinaria | Second in command
Pokérus-Deity
Eclipse
ElementEevee
-Xu-
Mli
BlazeShadow
Jewperman
Blue Milotic
Frozen Kitsune
Rakurai
crobatman
BlazingFury
Mikaruge84
Otter16
Gliding Girl
legendarypokemonjunkie17
Charizard_100
niedude
+MewHeart+
Members can start topics (though others don't have to stick to this topic) and create/use banners, claim a canine Pokémon (for just this club, no bishie stuff or something) and suggest rules or stuff like that.

About to join:
These are quite accepted, except for the absence of the password in their joining post.

Dinaria
6th October 2007, 2:18 PM
I know I like liqourice, and I'd like to join. ^_^

I really don't think Wynaut and Wobbuffet are canine at all, so I wouldn't include them. But I do think Glaceon and Leafeon fits, because while being sorta feline, they still have a resemblence to foxes. (:

Pokérus-Deity
6th October 2007, 2:21 PM
Personally I wouldn't class wynaut and wobuffet, and smeargle as pokémon, but I'd like to join. (I adore Vaporeon and Riolu!)
Liquorice

GentleArtillery
6th October 2007, 2:28 PM
I know I like liqourice, and I'd like to join. ^_^

I really don't think Wynaut and Wobbuffet are canine at all, so I wouldn't include them. But I do think Glaceon and Leafeon fits, because while being sorta feline, they still have a resemblence to foxes. (:

Accepted. ^^

Hmm, yeah, but I don't know... I'll learn some more about the Wobbuffets before the decision is made. My idea was that Wobbuffet is losely based on the Big Bad Wolf who blew down houses... And I somehow think it looks canine :3

Personally I wouldn't class wynaut and wobuffet, and smeargle as pokémon, but I'd like to join. (I adore Vaporeon and Riolu!)
Liquorice

Accepted :D

Smeargle is based on a beagle, but I agree that it doesn't look very canine otherwise.

Vaporeon is a great Pokémón ^^

blazed
6th October 2007, 2:44 PM
Hi i like poochyena ans mightyena

Light Venusaur
6th October 2007, 2:46 PM
May I join?
I've got the 10th Anivi (JAA) Dogs from a friend.

*Makes a banner........looks @ the time, maybe I'll make it 2morrow.*

GentleArtillery
6th October 2007, 2:56 PM
Hi i like poochyena ans mightyena

Not accepted.
1. You didn't state that you wanted to join.
2. You haven't read through the post.
3. This isn't very important, but please improve your writing. "Hi, I like Poochyena and Mightyena" would look much better.

May I join?
I've got the 10th Anivi (JAA) Dogs from a friend.

*Makes a banner........looks @ the time, maybe I'll make it 2morrow.*

Not accepted.
1. You haven't read through the first post.
Otherwise, everything is fine with your post, so it would be great if you looked through the post and confirmed that you had read it.

Eclipse
7th October 2007, 8:38 AM
Hercule Poirot.

Hi, I'd like to join. I like pretty much all the canine pokemon.

And I don't think Wynaut's a canine.

ElementEevee
7th October 2007, 8:50 AM
Hercule Poirot

I would love to join this club. I a bit obsessed with anything that looks like a canine or a fox. Plus in my signiture you might find I like Eevees.

GentleArtillery
7th October 2007, 9:16 AM
Hercule Poirot.

Hi, I'd like to join. I like pretty much all the canine pokemon.

And I don't think Wynaut's a canine.

Accepted.

Hercule Poirot

I would love to join this club. I a bit obsessed with anything that looks like a canine or a fox. Plus in my signiture you might find I like Eevees.

Accepted.

Hm, a topic... What Pokémon is your favourite of the canines? *lame*
Hrmm.. Claim a canine! Each Pokémon can be claimed by two persons at most; I'll claim Mightyena :3

Xashlei
7th October 2007, 12:50 PM
I would like to join. I love dogs in real life, and love dog Pokemon just as much (or less. Nothing beats the real thing you know)! My favorite of the dog Pokemon is Growlithe. And I guess you can consider Eevee a dog... so that too.

May I claim Eevee?

Jewperman
7th October 2007, 12:58 PM
I want to join! I want to claim Growlithe or Arcanine, dont mind which! Hercule Poirot

Thanks

Jewp

-Xu-
7th October 2007, 1:00 PM
Yeah, I'd like to join.
I'd probably list Growlithe, Arcanine and Ninetales as my favourites, mainly because I've been fond of them since first gen.
The only newer ones I really like are Absol and Smeargle. I love Riolu and Lucario but I don't see that much canine in them. They should still be on the list though.
If possible I'd like to claim Arcanine.
Also I like how quite alot of the eevelutions spark debates over whether they are feline of canine.
Oh and Hercule Poirot by the way.

Dinaria
7th October 2007, 1:24 PM
My favourite canines are Poochyena, Growlithe and Arcanine. (: And I'd like to claim Poochyena, because he's my top fav pokemon. <3

I've got art, also! Which I want to post just for the sake of it. (:
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/279/b/8/Pooch_and_Might_by_Dinaria.gif

GentleArtillery
7th October 2007, 1:33 PM
I would like to join. I love dogs in real life, and love dog Pokemon just as much (or less. Nothing beats the real thing you know)! My favorite of the dog Pokemon is Growlithe. And I guess you can consider Eevee a dog... so that too.

May I claim Eevee?

Accepted... not. Please read through the rules carefully, and you'll know what's wrong. Otherwise, your post is really good.

Yeah, I'd like to join.
I'd probably list Growlithe, Arcanine and Ninetales as my favourites, mainly because I've been fond of them since first gen.
The only newer ones I really like are Absol and Smeargle. I love Riolu and Lucario but I don't see that much canine in them. They should still be on the list though.
If possible I'd like to claim Arcanine.
Also I like how quite alot of the eevelutions spark debates over whether they are feline of canine.
Oh and Hercule Poirot by the way.

Accepted. Arcanine's yours. I love Arcanine too, by the way :3

My favourite canines are Poochyena, Growlithe and Arcanine. (: And I'd like to claim Poochyena, because he's my top fav pokemon. <3

I've got art, also! Which I want to post just for the sake of it. (:
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/279/b/8/Pooch_and_Might_by_Dinaria.gif

Of course you'll get Pooch. I nearly wrote that in when I decided for the claiming stuff x3

Mli
7th October 2007, 1:38 PM
mweep, can i join? ^_^ i love many of those pokemon you listed
especially absol (although i think its a cat), all eevees of course, houndoom is just beautiful and ninetales has been one of my favourites since forever.
Hercule Poirot btw

.___.'' love your art dinaria, looks very realistic. and mights hair is just love

GentleArtillery
7th October 2007, 1:40 PM
mweep, can i join? ^_^ i love many of those pokemon you listed
especially absol (although i think its a cat), all eevees of course, houndoom is just beautiful and ninetales has been one of my favourites since forever.
Hercule Poirot btw

.___.'' love your art dinaria, looks very realistic. and mights hair is just love

Accepted, you want to claim one of those?

*after MSN conversation* ah, Absol (:

Dinaria
7th October 2007, 2:00 PM

Thanks! ^^ I'm most pleased with Might's mane and pose (: Also why is that ".__."? ;D

And welcome and stuff. xD I thought you'd claim Ninetales rather than Absol

BlazeShadow
7th October 2007, 2:08 PM
Sharks!

I would like to join, and could I please claim Linoone? : D

GentleArtillery
7th October 2007, 2:16 PM
Thanks! ^^ I'm most pleased with Might's mane and pose (: Also why is that ".__."? ;D

And welcome and stuff. xD I thought you'd claim Ninetales rather than Absol

Hah, she let me choose for her! x)

Sharks!

I would like to join, and could I please claim Linoone? : D

You're in! Oh, and Linoone pwns (: It's a badger <3 Though it's canine and raccoon/tanuki-ish, too :3

Xashlei
8th October 2007, 10:20 AM
Oops, sorry. Here's my second attempt at joining. "Sharks! SAVE THEM!!"

Ahem, anyway........ how come the others were accepted when they DIDN'T put sharks?

Rakurai
8th October 2007, 10:35 AM
Sharks.

I have a slight obsession with a certain pair of electric canines (My user name, title, and avatar make that a bit obvious), which is reason enough for me to join.

And I'd like to claim Electrike (Since I already claimed Manectric elsewhere).

Kitsune Winterheart
8th October 2007, 1:54 PM
Sharks, woot.

I would like to join. I've loved Mightyena for a long time, and other canines are adorable too. Four Pokémons of my team are canines Pokés, heheh x3;; And, I'd like to claim Glaceon. I live far away in north, so I naturally like from him/her.

BlazeShadow
8th October 2007, 2:12 PM
Oops, sorry. Here's my second attempt at joining. "Sharks! SAVE THEM!!"

Ahem, anyway........ how come the others were accepted when they DIDN'T put sharks?

The password changes, didn't you notice other's saying Hercule Poirot?

crobatman
8th October 2007, 3:34 PM
Sharks.

I would like to join. To the thread maker, you stole idea! LOL.
I do not see how Zigzgoon and Linoone are canines though....

I'll claim Entei since Arcanine and Growlithe have already been claimed.

GentleArtillery
8th October 2007, 5:35 PM
Blue Milotic: Welcome to the club. I change the password.

Rakurai: Accepted.

Frozen Kitsune: You're in.

crobatman: Accepted, and what idea did I steal from where? And each Pokémon can be claimed by two members.

Psychic William
8th October 2007, 11:16 PM
I wish to join

although im mostly a psychic fan im also a canines fan so its a win

If accepted I want to claim houndoom : hugs his houndoom :

crobatman
9th October 2007, 5:05 AM
crobatman: Accepted, and what idea did I steal from where? And each Pokémon can be claimed by two members.
It was a joke.
You stole the idea from my own mind... Just the other day, I was thinking we should have a canine pokemon club. I am okay with claiming Entei.
We need a topic.

Which breeds of dog fit with the pokemon on the list of canids?
For example, Snubull and Granbull are like bulldogs. More likely, they are English Bulldogs.

Kitsune Winterheart
9th October 2007, 8:24 AM

Hmm.. I don't really know >___> Many of the Pokés on the list are like wolves, foxes, badgers etc., so maybe Snubbul and Grandbull are the only Canine Pokés that look like actual dog breeds.

BlazeShadow
9th October 2007, 1:19 PM

Wasn't Smeargle a Beagle or something?..

crobatman
9th October 2007, 3:13 PM
I got a breed of dog for Entei.
Everyone thinks he looks like a tiger. I think he should be a St. Bernard or a Mastiff.

Dinaria
9th October 2007, 3:42 PM
I guess we all know that Mightyena and Poochyena are hyenas - Houndoom looks to me like a Dobermann.

crobatman
9th October 2007, 4:05 PM
I think Poochyena is more like Hyena/Wolf Hybrid.

GentleArtillery
9th October 2007, 6:26 PM
Great topic!

Hmm.. I don't really know >___> Many of the Pokés on the list are like wolves, foxes, badgers etc., so maybe Snubbul and Grandbull are the only Canine Pokés that look like actual dog breeds.

Growlithe and Arcanine are probably based on Shisha (/Shishi)/Koma-inu, guard dogs in Chinese-Japanese myths.

I got a breed of dog for Entei.
Everyone thinks he looks like a tiger. I think he should be a St. Bernard or a Mastiff.

I think Entei is much more lion - Raikou is the tiger. Anyway, a St. Bernard or Mastiff = sense.

I guess we all know that Mightyena and Poochyena are hyenas - Houndoom looks to me like a Dobermann.

Poochyena - even though it has "hyena" in its name, it has "Pooch", too. I don't think it looks too much like a hyena, anyway. Actually, I believe I've read somewhere that it might be based on a dog breed, but I don't remember what, and I think I read it on the former Poochyena page of Wikipedia, which now is deleted (they have a stupid, non-informative list now -.-). I think there is a When it comes to Mightyena, I think there's no similarity at all (to a hyena). It's more of a German Shepherd or wolf, and it was probably inspired by the Beast of Gévaudan.

I think Poochyena is more like Hyena/Wolf Hybrid.

Agreed - and dogs, because I'm biased and some of the points I wrote before your quote here.

---

Electrike = Jack Russel terrier?
Manectric - it reminds me of many shepherd dogs, though not the collies.

BlazingFury
10th October 2007, 6:20 PM
Sharks

I would like to join. My favourite canine pokemon would have to be Growlithe, infact can I claim him? ^_^

GentleArtillery
10th October 2007, 7:29 PM
Sharks

I would like to join. My favourite canine pokemon would have to be Growlithe, infact can I claim him? ^_^

Yay, another member :D

Mikaruge84
11th October 2007, 5:55 AM
I want to join, shark.

I don't really know what claim is but i like nearly all of eevees evo.

crobatman
11th October 2007, 6:04 PM
yay! welcome to the club.

I am guessing Smeargle could be a beagle, and Lucario could be a Jackal?

Mikaruge84
11th October 2007, 6:57 PM
Thanks!

Yes, Lucario must be a jackal. Is beagle a dog race?

GentleArtillery
11th October 2007, 7:00 PM
Yup, a very cute dog breed <3 You're approved, by the way.

Lucario is probably based on Anubis, which was a god with the head of a jackal, so that makes sense.

Mikaruge84
11th October 2007, 7:15 PM
Oh, that dog. Yes, it's very cute.

Finally, thanks!

Anubis, the death god=Lucario. Cool, haven't thought of that!

GentleArtillery
13th October 2007, 9:10 AM
This thread is dying. Someone do something.

Er... here's bad sprites of Growlithe and Poochyena x_x I fail miserably at spriting.
http://i23.*******.com/23lce4m.png

-Xu-
13th October 2007, 1:54 PM
Um maybe we need a new topic, we haven't really got one at the moment, or like a club competition 'design a canine based fakemon'.

What dog breeds would make good pokemon?

GentleArtillery
13th October 2007, 2:38 PM
Um maybe we need a new topic, we haven't really got one at the moment, or like a club competition 'design a canine based fakemon'.

What dog breeds would make good pokemon?

Hm, that would be funny, though I can't draw anything respectable before Christmas when I'll be able to afford a tablet. I've drawn a lot of canine-based Fakemon, by the way ^^ Let's see, should it begin now and last until the new year? That would be enough time for anyone who wants to make an entry for it.
If you want, you can be the judge and manager of the contest, -Xu- as it's your idea.

-Xu-
13th October 2007, 4:33 PM
Hm, that would be funny, though I can't draw anything respectable before Christmas when I'll be able to afford a tablet. I've drawn a lot of canine-based Fakemon, by the way ^^ Let's see, should it begin now and last until the new year? That would be enough time for anyone who wants to make an entry for it.
If you want, you can be the judge and manager of the contest, -Xu- as it's your idea.

Cool, yes I'll manage and judge.
I'll think of some rules after I can't stay on the computer from too long now.
But maybe we should have two sections; a drawing one and a description one.
Because some people don't feel comfortable drawing or can't scan.

GentleArtillery
13th October 2007, 4:43 PM
Cool, yes I'll manage and judge.
I'll think of some rules after I can't stay on the computer from too long now.
But maybe we should have two sections; a drawing one and a description one.
Because some people don't feel comfortable drawing or can't scan.

Great ^^
Yeah, that's clever, and then all who want can participate in some way.

BlazingFury
13th October 2007, 9:05 PM
I like that idea! I'll try my best to participate when the rules are up and stuff. I had an idea, maybe we could pick a club mascot or something? When I'm not too busy I'll try and make a banner for the club if thats okay.

Mli
13th October 2007, 9:52 PM

*late i know* ... *no good answer i know* ... *use stars a lot i know xDDD*

really all i know is that smeargle is a beagle and that the three "dogs" are cats aaaaaand that absol is cat too.
i did hear about that anubis thingey before though. i love anubis, its cool.
cool idea indeed

crobatman
13th October 2007, 10:11 PM
ooh, well we should also have some incentive for the contest also, like a canine pokemon with a special egg move as an award.

Mikaruge84
14th October 2007, 11:25 AM
yeah, that would be great.

Pokérus-Deity
14th October 2007, 12:34 PM
Hey, sorry I havn't been on for a while. Couldn't find the thread! If pos, can I claim Houndoom?

http://C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\untitled.jpg

GentleArtillery
14th October 2007, 3:04 PM
Hey, sorry I havn't been on for a while. Couldn't find the thread! If pos, can I claim Houndoom?

http://C:\Users\Dan\Pictures\untitled.jpg

No problem, though I have a tip for finding threads: subscribe to them, it's an option on Thread tools at the top of the thread. Then you'll know when anyone has posted, too.

Houndoom's yours now (:

About contest: Yeah, that'd be a good prize.

Otter16
14th October 2007, 5:00 PM
Sharks

Hi, I would like to join this club.

GentleArtillery
14th October 2007, 5:12 PM
Sharks

Hi, I would like to join this club.

Welcome =3

I'll try to fix a good canine Pokémon as the prize, with a good Egg move and nature.

Otter16
14th October 2007, 5:17 PM
Thanks......am I allowed to claim a Canine now or do I have to wait? If I am allowed I would like to claim Leafeon.

GentleArtillery
14th October 2007, 6:45 PM
Thanks......am I allowed to claim a Canine now or do I have to wait? If I am allowed I would like to claim Leafeon.

You're allowed to claim, and you'll get Leafeon (:

Mikaruge84
15th October 2007, 7:32 AM
What is claim?

-Xu-
15th October 2007, 1:32 PM
Okay.
I do agree with GentleArtillery about having a long time for the contest but I think we should wrap it up before Christmas, mainly because people are busy after then with new games and the like and are likely to forget.
So about a week before Christmas for the closing date.
As for categories - Hand drawn, Sprites and maybe a description category. Because then anybody can enter.
You can enter one fakemon in each category but you can't win in more than one. Just so we get three separate winners. There'll be a first and second place at least, maybe more. It depends on how many enter.
Prizes will be good but aren't decided yet.

Feed back please.

Dinaria
15th October 2007, 4:24 PM
I really like the idea of this contest, the different categories and the timespan. I think it'll be a hit, for sure. (:

What is claim?
It pretty much means that you claim a pokemon as your own. x3 I claimed Poochyena, therefore I could say, "he belongs to me!" or whatever. Just for fun, really. (:

Mikaruge84
15th October 2007, 4:35 PM
Ok, then I would claim umbreon, if that's ok?

GentleArtillery
15th October 2007, 4:46 PM
Okay.
I do agree with GentleArtillery about having a long time for the contest but I think we should wrap it up before Christmas, mainly because people are busy after then with new games and the like and are likely to forget.
As for categories - Hand drawn, Sprites and maybe a description category. Because then anybody can enter.
You can enter one fakemon in each category but you can't win in more than one. Just so we get three separate winners. There'll be a first and second place at least, maybe more. It depends on how many enter.

Feed back please.

I have a selfish reason for wanting it to close after Christmas - I won't afford a tablet until then, and without a tablet my art sucks. Anyway, the rules seem good overall.

Ok, then I would claim umbreon, if that's ok?

Sure.

Mli
15th October 2007, 5:07 PM
Okay.

Feed back please.

ive got just one thing to say about that, some might not have a scanner or something like that so they can not draw something by hand.
but well im not going to be in it so maybe its worthless to think about...
weeeeeeell i said it xD

-Xu-
15th October 2007, 5:47 PM
I have a selfish reason for wanting it to close after Christmas - I won't afford a tablet until then, and without a tablet my art sucks. Anyway, the rules seem good overall.

Looking over this thread I agree actually. We should start it when we get more members, so the deadline will end up after Christmas.

ive got just one thing to say about that, some might not have a scanner or something like that so they can not draw something by hand.
but well im not going to be in it so maybe its worthless to think about...
weeeeeeell i said it xD

Thats why I think we should have a description category as well, so the rules would be something like write a 150 word description of your fakemon, that way no one is excluded.

Mikaruge84
16th October 2007, 9:10 AM
I think I be in the contest, but i'm moving away and I don't be having time before december, so I don't know yet.

GentleArtillery
16th October 2007, 2:47 PM
Sorry everybody, but I'll only be active at internet on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from now on, because of schoolwork and some reasons I don't want to say, so I need a second-in-command who can manage this place on normal days. I'm sorry that this happens when this club still is new, but I've made school extremely demanding. Every Saturday, I'll edit the Members List to put in the new joiners, and reply to any questions/subjects.

BlazingFury
16th October 2007, 7:08 PM
Sorry everybody, but I'll only be active at internet on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from now on, because of schoolwork and some reasons I don't want to say, so I need a second-in-command who can manage this place on normal days. I'm sorry that this happens when this club still is new, but I've made school extremely demanding. Every Saturday, I'll edit the Members List to put in the new joiners, and reply to any questions/subjects.

I would but like you I have college on weekdays so I probably wouldn't be a very good second in command. Maybe someone who's always active in the club will volunteer.
BTW I made a banner for the club, if you like this one I'll make another. You guys can give me some suggestions on what I should put on it.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t123/HighPlainsDrifter01/bannercanineweb.png

Dinaria
16th October 2007, 7:16 PM
That banner is very, very pretty! I love the colourscheme a lot and the pawprints really adds to it. (:
Suggestions for a banner - no, not really. Maybe one with several of the canines?

I could be second in command unless someone else wants to be. I hope you'll cope with school. (:

Gliding Girl
16th October 2007, 7:18 PM
May I join I love most of the pokemon on the list and the pasword ''Magical Trevor''

Mikaruge84
16th October 2007, 7:35 PM
I would but like you I have college on weekdays so I probably wouldn't be a very good second in command. Maybe someone who's always active in the club will volunteer.
BTW I made a banner for the club, if you like this one I'll make another. You guys can give me some suggestions on what I should put on it.

Nice banner! I like it. Like Dinaria said, maybe you could do one with several of the canine pokes.

BlazingFury
16th October 2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks everyone! I'll do a banner with several of the canines on soon :)

GentleArtillery
19th October 2007, 5:22 PM

I love that banner. It's effectful! ^^

That banner is very, very pretty! I love the colourscheme a lot and the pawprints really adds to it. (:
Suggestions for a banner - no, not really. Maybe one with several of the canines?

I could be second in command unless someone else wants to be. I hope you'll cope with school. (:

After little consideration, I decided that you'll be the co-owner.

May I join I love most of the pokemon on the list and the pasword ''Magical Trevor''

Welcome, but please improve your punctuation.

Dinaria
19th October 2007, 6:42 PM
After little consideration, I decided that you'll be the co-owner.
Thanks - it's an honour, aha! ^__^ I'll do my best.

Pokérus-Deity
19th October 2007, 8:42 PM
Nice to see the clubs still up and running!
(2 things; I want to put a banner I made onto my sig [for the canine club] - if anyone knows how I can do it, please say. Also, could Gentle Artillery possibly remember that I'd quite like my name to be next to Houndoom's.)

Thanks!

Psychic William
23rd October 2007, 9:52 PM
I am in need of assistance and am willing to assist here

Ive got a possible canine family thats unconfirmed so its a win win

The Cyndaquill family ( and evos ) are possibly canine

YellowHat
23rd October 2007, 10:07 PM
^No, they're actually based on echidnas, which are very similar to hedgehogs in appearance.

*joins* If you'll accept me, I would like to claim Arcanine!

But I did wonder why you didn't include Espeon in the list of canine Pokemon. It has just as much of a right to be there as the rest of the Eeveelutions.

Another question: If we post fanart, are we allowed to post fakemon that are canine-based, as well? I have several good ones, if so.

Rakurai
24th October 2007, 2:03 AM
I finally decided to try finding some images for a new banner. However, when I did a Google image search, all I found were the same generic images, reposted on countless different websites. I even did a search on Google JP, expecting to find more pictures, but actually found less.

It can be tough to be a fan of Pokemon that aren't that popular sometimes...

GentleArtillery
24th October 2007, 5:05 PM
I am in need of assistance and am willing to assist here

Ive got a possible canine family thats unconfirmed so its a win win

The Cyndaquill family ( and evos ) are possibly canine

1. You didn't state that you want to join.
2. You didn't write the obligatory joining word(s).

Hm, Cyndaquil's an echidna, and Quilava is something like that, and Typhlosion looks like a wolverine.

^No, they're actually based on echidnas, which are very similar to hedgehogs in appearance.

*joins* If you'll accept me, I would like to claim Arcanine!

But I did wonder why you didn't include Espeon in the list of canine Pokemon. It has just as much of a right to be there as the rest of the Eeveelutions.

Another question: If we post fanart, are we allowed to post fakemon that are canine-based, as well? I have several good ones, if so.

No, not really. Espeon is clearly a cat, based on the neko-mata and all, but the others are more speculative - dogs/foxes, mixed with feline creatures. Anyway, you could check the first post and get the password, please?

I finally decided to try finding some images for a new banner. However, when I did a Google image search, all I found were the same generic images, reposted on countless different websites. I even did a search on Google JP, expecting to find more pictures, but actually found less.

It can be tough to be a fan of Pokemon that aren't that popular sometimes...

Try searching deviantART - but ask for permission from the artist before putting them in banners/sigs.

---

Yeah, I will be here at normal days. My schoolwork is very changeable.

legendarypokemonjunkie17
24th October 2007, 8:06 PM
I'd like to join "Magical Trevor." Anyway, I'm definately a fan of Suicune, the Eevee line, and Vulpix. Canine-like pokemon have their own appeal and I feel that they really add a lot to the pokemon family. If I'm accepted, could I claim Suicune?

GentleArtillery
24th October 2007, 8:45 PM
I'd like to join "Magical Trevor." Anyway, I'm definately a fan of Suicune, the Eevee line, and Vulpix. Canine-like pokemon have their own appeal and I feel that they really add a lot to the pokemon family. If I'm accepted, could I claim Suicune?

Approved. You'll probably get Suicune :3

legendarypokemonjunkie17
24th October 2007, 9:04 PM
Thank you very much!

Rakurai
25th October 2007, 9:29 AM
Wow. I'm such a genius.

It never occurred to me until now, that since the picture I'm looking for is on a box I have, that I could simply scan it, rather then frustrate myself by filing through countless pictures online.

I guess it won't be long before I have the banner of awesomeness I so desire. I think...

GentleArtillery
28th October 2007, 3:17 PM
I'm thinking of adding the Abra line to the list, because they are based on the kitsune (the same creatures as Ninetales is based on), but I'd like your opinion first.

Also, we need something to make this club more active... Suggestions?

Dinaria
1st November 2007, 8:20 PM
^ I don't think the Abra line fits, at all, since they are too humanoid in appearance.

As for activeness of the club... I don't have any real ideas. A topic? Heck, I'll try.

If you were to make a canine pokémon team, which pokémon would you have in it?

GentleArtillery
2nd November 2007, 11:56 AM
^ I don't think the Abra line fits, at all, since they are too humanoid in appearance.

As for activeness of the club... I don't have any real ideas. A topic? Heck, I'll try.

If you were to make a canine pokémon team, which pokémon would you have in it?

That's a good topic.

I'd have...

Mightyena
Arcanine
Zigzagoon
Manectric
Houndoom
Smeargle

Let's see... It's not balanced at all, not for me (I always have a Grass-type in my team), but it contains all my favourites.

crobatman
2nd November 2007, 6:18 PM
Wow, I just read the last three pages.

My canine team would have:
Suicune
Jolteon
Arcanine
Mightyena
and two more

maybe Lucario and Granbull!

Mikaruge84
2nd November 2007, 9:03 PM
A canine team? Mine would been:
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Glaceon
A fan of the eevee evos.

BlazeShadow
7th December 2007, 7:17 PM
Bumped for great justice!

We need a new topic... Now.

I have no real idea what canine team I would have actually, but Linoone and Mightyena would be in it.

Charizard_100
8th February 2008, 6:10 PM
hey could I join too please? I beleave the password is Magical Trevor?

niedude
10th February 2008, 12:00 AM
Hello, I am niedude and a notoriously unknown member who absolutelly loves canine pokemon, especially Arcanine, it being my all time fav. The "password has been written into the title, but I might as well say it here "Magical Trevor".

I can promise I will be very active in this club, and will prove those feline members that eevee and absol are not cats.

I want to claim the arcanine, but I think that it should have been claimed twice already, so I would like to know which dog's are still out for the taking, if I am allowed that is...

GentleArtillery
10th February 2008, 10:13 AM
hey could I join too please? I beleave the password is Magical Trevor?

Welcome.

Hello, I am niedude and a notoriously unknown member who absolutelly loves canine pokemon, especially Arcanine, it being my all time fav. The "password has been written into the title, but I might as well say it here "Magical Trevor".

I can promise I will be very active in this club, and will prove those feline members that eevee and absol are not cats.

I want to claim the arcanine, but I think that it should have been claimed twice already, so I would like to know which dog's are still out for the taking, if I am allowed that is...

Nice! Well, check the list? Incidentally, Arcanine's just been claimed once.

niedude
10th February 2008, 2:28 PM
Welcome.

Nice! Well, check the list? Incidentally, Arcanine's just been claimed once.

Well in that case I want to claim it :)
What is the topic btw?

GentleArtillery
10th February 2008, 5:52 PM
Currently, if you had a team made up of just canine Pokémon, which would you choose?

niedude
10th February 2008, 6:34 PM
Currently, if you had a team made up of just canine Pokémon, which would you choose?

Well, I guess it would be something like this:

Arcanine
Lucario
Umbreon
Espeon
Jolteon
Absol

Something like that, I am a big eevee fan.

+MewHeart+
11th February 2008, 12:57 AM
May I join? I lurve canines. :3
"Electric Banana Band."
Also, may I claim Poochyena?

In my opinion, Zigzagoon and its evolution, Linoone, are more of the racoon-type, not dog. And, I think that Eevee and its evolutions are more feminine.

+MewHeart+

GentleArtillery
11th February 2008, 4:49 PM
May I join? I lurve canines. :3
"Electric Banana Band."
Also, may I claim Poochyena?

In my opinion, Zigzagoon and its evolution, Linoone, are more of the racoon-type, not dog. And, I think that Eevee and its evolutions are more feminine.

+MewHeart+

1. Zigzagoon's based on the tanuki, whose basis is the raccoon dog, which's a canine.

2. Do you mean feline?

Welcome!