PDA

View Full Version : The New Bookworms Club

crobatman
9th October 2007, 5:23 PM
DO you enjoy reading? Do you want to discuss the latest good book you have read? Do you want talk about future books or great old books? Do you enjoy books with fiction, adventure, horror, animals, etc.?

Well, why not join this club!!!

Here are the Rules:
1. Be kind and curteous to others.
2. Follow SPPF rules.
3. Have fun.

To join, tell us the latest book you have read.

Members List:
Crobatman- The owner
Armored Dragon
Mimori Kiryu
Dark Firebird
Mondo TR
PHAMPHY321
Rebeccag
Dark Arceus
Sabonea_Masukippa

Well, i forgot to check if the club was posted because I was reading a book all day yesterday.

I just finished reading Artemis Fowl: the Lost Colony. Now, I am reading the Wings of Merlin.

Enigma
11th October 2007, 5:01 PM
i guess i'll join. i just finished reading "The Dark is Rising."

crobatman
11th October 2007, 5:03 PM
I know i have heard of that book.
Was that what the Seeker movie was based on?

Enigma
11th October 2007, 5:09 PM
I think so...I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know for sure.

crobatman
11th October 2007, 5:27 PM
so, have you ever read the Artemis Fowl books? I think they are fun to read.

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2007, 5:31 PM
I'll join back up with this club! ^^ The book series that I am currently reading is the Twilight series (Twilight, New Moon and Eclypse) by Stephenie Meyer. Eclypse is amazing to say the least. The novel that I recently finished was My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I can't remember the last time I read a realistic fiction that touched me in so many ways.

Enigma
11th October 2007, 5:53 PM
so, have you ever read the Artemis Fowl books? I think they are fun to read.

Yes, I've read them all.

Mimori Kiryu, I've never heard of the Twilight series; what is it about?

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2007, 6:04 PM
Mimori Kiryu, I've never heard of the Twilight series; what is it about?Just call me Mimori. ^^; And I'll be glad to tell you what its about. :3

The Twilight series is about a girl named Bella Swan. She moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie, while her mother and her mother's new husband go to Florida. (He's a baseball player so he moves around a lot). Bella thinks that moving to a rainy city is going to be horrible since she used to live in sunny Phoenix, Arizona. When she arrives, she makes friends easily and on the first day of school while during lunch with her friends, she sees a table of strikingly good looking people. She's told that they are the Cullens, the rich family. They're all brothers and sisters and were all adopted by the doctor of the town. They don't really talk to anyone else and they keep to themselves. Bella is amazed by how perfect they seem and one of the Cullens, named Edward, Bella says is the most beautiful. Surprisingly, the next class (Biology), Bella is paired up with Edward as partners for the year, but he keeps acting weird around her, always fidgeting and never sitting still. He clutches the lab table they sit at alone fiercely, almost breaking it. Bella thinks it has something to do with that he doesn't like her, but its completely opposite from what she thinks. Later on, after some amazing feats by Edward, such as superhuman abilities in saving Bella from being hit by an out-of-control van about to crush her in the student parking lot of the high school. She realizes that the van hit him but that Edward seemed to be holding the van away from her, it shows that Edward is more than she thinks. As time passes, she learns what he and his supposed brothers and sisters are. He's a vampire.

It's a great series and the 4th installment comes out August of next year, so its a long wait but well worth it. It's better than I describe it is. You should definitely check it out. ^^

Enigma
12th October 2007, 1:01 PM
It sounds like an interesting book. But, being vampires, how are they out in daylight?

I just finished reading a book called "Rise of the Black Wolf." It was ok, but I kind of suspected the plot twist at the end. Now I'm reading "The Three Musketeers."

Hope we get more members soon...

Dark FireBird
14th October 2007, 12:04 AM
hi, can i join too? (nothing to do with your big hints there though crobatman, lol! i just really love reading! ;) )

i've just finished reading Garth Nix's Sabriel for like the 3rd time or something- brilliant book btw! was just re-reading it until i finally got Jonathan Stroud's Ptolemy's gate, so am about to start reading it now! ^^

MondoTR
14th October 2007, 12:22 AM
Mimori - Those sound like good books. *adds to Christmas list*

I'm rereading The Giver. Though I've postponed it a bit do to work, writing my story, and going on the forums.

Sird
14th October 2007, 2:33 PM
Can I join? I am a bookworm. I finished Deathly Hallows in 5 hours and The Missing Island in a hour.

Both of them have more than 300 pages.

crobatman
15th October 2007, 3:58 AM
alright, I am adding you guys to the club.

Guess what. I just got 3 infraction points for double posting in the club. LOL!

I am reading the Great Tree of Avalon now. That is 3 books in a week.

What is the most books you have read in a week?

Sird
15th October 2007, 4:09 AM
I have read Deathly Hallows 592 times completely since I got it that night. Serious.

crobatman
15th October 2007, 4:22 AM
That seems a little obsesive, right?

I have only read it once so far...

Sird
15th October 2007, 4:26 AM
Well, we are bookworms. ;)

crobatman
15th October 2007, 4:34 AM
yeah...
so, time for another topic:

What is your definition of a bookworm?

I think it is just someone who enjoys reading a good book. Someone with a love for the stories no matter what genre they are.

MondoTR
15th October 2007, 9:52 AM
Whoa, slow down on the topics. Your second one was thirty-six minutes after the first.

I don't read as much lately since I'm busy and I can't remember the most I've read in a week from before. But I'd have to sat at least ten.

And for me a bookworm is someone who enjoys reading and does it a lot.

Sird
15th October 2007, 12:21 PM
What is your definition of a bookworm?.

A person who reads a lot, more than normal.

I read over 10 books a day, I have to practice from young to read fast and smart.

Enigma
15th October 2007, 1:37 PM
What is your definition of a bookworm?

Someone who really likes to read - pretty much the same definition everyone else came up with.

Mimori Kiryu
15th October 2007, 6:54 PM
Mimori - Those sound like good books. *adds to Christmas list*You should enjoy them and when you read them, let me know! XD I need someone to talk to about them with. XD

It sounds like an interesting book. But, being vampires, how are they out in daylight?Read to find out. <3 XD I ain't gonna tell you. Besides, lots of rules and supposed facts about vampires ain't true. Edward tells Bella in the series anyway, so you'll just have to read to find out! ^^

Dark FireBird
15th October 2007, 10:34 PM
your definition of a bookworm?
me! lol. someone who reads purely for enjoyment, rather than just because they have to for a school assignment or something.

MondoTR
15th October 2007, 11:01 PM
Since we're kind of on the topic of vampires, anyone ever read Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice? Or any others in the series?

I've only read (and watched) Queen of the Damned. I saw the movie as well but it sucked, LOL. I would like to read the rest of the series at some point despite them being before Queen of the Damned.

Enigma
15th October 2007, 11:10 PM
Since we're kind of on the topic of vampires, anyone ever read Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice? Or any others in the series?

I've only read (and watched) Queen of the Damned. I saw the movie as well but it sucked, LOL. I would like to read the rest of the series at some point despite them being before Queen of the Damned.

Never heard of it.

Since we're also kind of on the topic of monsters and movies based on books, I just wanted to point something out. In the original book Frankenstein, the monster has superhuman speed. But in every Frankenstein movie, he moves at roughly the speed of a turtle with a broken leg. How terrifying - "The monster is coming!! Walk for your life!" Why do you think they changed something like that when they started making Frankenstein movies?

MondoTR
15th October 2007, 11:31 PM
It seems slow creatures happen a lot in monster movies. I guess the anticipation is supposed to make it more frightening or something. *shrugs*

Superhuman speed? That's cool. I like when people have powers. That's why the story I'm writing is like that. ^_^

palkia1
25th October 2007, 11:53 AM
Can i please join the club. I absolutely love reading. I have just finished reading Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda.

so, have you ever read the Artemis Fowl books? I think they are fun to read..

I've got all 5 and am reading the 1st one right now

To the first topic: What is the most amount of books you read in a week

I read the entire harry potter series in a week after i read Deathly Hallows for the first time. I am a huge harry potter fan

Second topic: What is a bookworm

Someone who reads a lot. Pretty much what everyone else has already said

crobatman
26th October 2007, 6:58 PM
hmm...we need a new topic. I have been reading the Great Tree of Avalon series lately.

I read the lost years of merlin when I was in middle school, i never got to read the last book until this year. I am a sophomore in college now.

Rebeccag
2nd November 2007, 12:05 AM
can i join the club i just love to read

What is your definition of a bookworm?.

Some1 who reads a lot
I once read three books in a day when im on holiday

Dark FireBird
2nd November 2007, 12:43 AM
ok then, new topic-
who is your favourite author?
mine would have to be the amazing Garth Nix (i love all his books). i also like Phillip Pullman and Eoin Colfer to name but a few.

palkia1
2nd November 2007, 1:44 AM

My favourite author is J.K. Rowling. I love the Harry Potter books. Behind her though would be Eoin Colfer. His books are also really good (especially Artemis Fowl and the Supernaturalist)

MondoTR
2nd November 2007, 3:33 AM
I'll start off with my offtopic comment. Palkia, I love the background of the pic in your sig. <3

And now down to business. My fave always revolve around my favorite series. Here's all my faves from when I was little until now:

Beverly Cleary - Ramona
Ann M. Martin - Baby-Sitters Club
Carolyn Keene - Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermysteries
Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game

Orson Scott Card is my current fave. I've read other series of his as well. ^_^

Dark Arceus
4th November 2007, 9:53 AM
Hey. Can I join?

I'm going over my Series of unfortunate events at the moment, i'm on no. 9 (the carnivarous carnival)

Enigma
8th November 2007, 12:44 PM

I don't know, probably Eoin Colfer. I don't usually notice the author of a book unless I really, really liked it.

Has anyone ever read the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series?

crobatman
8th November 2007, 5:59 PM
Dark Arceus and Rebeccag, I have added you guys to the members list. I still have not finished my 2nd Great Tree of Avaolon book.

New topic: what is your favorite sci-fi book?
I enjoyed Animorphs when I was younger so that is one of my favorites. I might have to think about which one is my favorite though.

Mimori Kiryu
8th November 2007, 6:56 PM
Who is your favorite author?

Easily Stephenie Meyer and James Patterson. love, love <3

What is your favorite sci-fi book?

I don't really read sci-fi. ^^;

MondoTR
9th November 2007, 1:10 PM
What is your favorite sci-fi book?

I don't really read sci-fi. ^^;
Ironically, neither did I. But then I read Ender's Game and now it's my favorite book.

So my fave book is my fave sci-fi book.

Mimori Kiryu
9th November 2007, 6:52 PM
Ironically, neither did I. But then I read Ender's Game and now it's my favorite book.

So my fave book is my fave sci-fi book.I might add that to my Christmas list. 8D Is it worth the money? And I was kinda wondering (as a question to everyone) what really makes a book sci-fi?

Dark Arceus
10th November 2007, 7:31 AM
I'd probably have to say Animorphs.

MondoTR
10th November 2007, 9:41 AM
Mimori - Totally worth the money. Or we could just borrow each others books. XD

As for making something sci-fi, well it means science fiction so it could just mean fake (usually supposedly advanced) technology. But space seems associated with it as well.

I haven't read Animorphs in a long time. Didn't one of them get stuck in animal form? A bird, I think.

Dark Arceus
10th November 2007, 9:43 AM
Mimori - Totally worth the money. Or we could just borrow each others books. XD

As for making something sci-fi, well it means science fiction so it could just mean fake (usually supposedly advanced) technology. But space seems associated with it as well.

I haven't read Animorphs in a long time. Didn't one of them get stuck in animal form? A bird, I think.

Tobias got stuck as a bird in book one, but was able to morph back into his human self after book 13 (but only for 2 hours). It confused me how he did it.

Sabonea_Masukippa
10th November 2007, 10:31 AM
May I also join this club?

The last book I read was "The Children's Bach" by Helen Garner, but it was for school. It's by a random Australian author, so not many people will know it - it's a little weird; about the modern world vs. traditional values and also about emancipation.

But before that it was "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Kahled Hosseini and it was brilliant.

So, may I?

Umbreon-dana
10th November 2007, 11:04 PM
A few good books I read are The Golden Compass (Movie on Dec. 7th 2007) and the Subtle Knife. Both by Phillip Pullman. The series is called His Dark Materials.

Dark Arceus
12th November 2007, 7:48 AM
I've heard of the series, but i haven't read any of the books.

Dark FireBird
12th November 2007, 9:39 AM
his dark materials series is great! although i don't know why they renamed the film of it "the golden compass"- i prefered it being named "the northern lights", sounds much better imo. but anyway, brilliant series- i love the idea of everyone having a daemon with them that can be any animal depending on your personality and stuff! i took a quiz a while ago that said my daeomon would be a snowleopard! :D

MondoTR
12th November 2007, 1:55 PM
^ Snow leopards are my favorite animal. <3

Anyways, the recent topics only seem to apply to just a few members so I've got a broader one:

What kind of books do you like to read?

I like mystery and comedy stories. Though really any kind of book as long as I enjoy it.

Enigma
12th November 2007, 2:06 PM
Fantasy, mainly.

Dark Arceus
12th November 2007, 6:39 PM
mine are mostly horror, sci-fi and fantasy.

crobatman
26th November 2007, 4:56 AM
I am sorry for not being active the past couple weeks.

Armored Dragon would you like to be co-owner?

I like to read theology, science, and fiction books.

Does His Dark Materials really have an atheist bias in it? I have heard that the books were written by an atheist who does not like C.S. Lewis.
C.S. Lewis is my favorite author.

palkia1
26th November 2007, 5:17 AM

I like to read mainly fantasy and sci-fi. I also like some mystery books as well

BirdsandBoats
26th November 2007, 5:23 AM
Would you mind if I joined? The last book I read, or currently actually, is "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. Very nice book, but a little too much fluff. Oh, I took a daemon quiz too. I got a Ermine/Stoat. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ermine) It's really cute <3

Enigma
26th November 2007, 10:54 AM
Right now I'm reading Lord of the Flies for a school assignment...
I am sorry for not being active the past couple weeks.

Armored Dragon would you like to be co-owner?

Sure!

Dark Arceus
26th November 2007, 4:53 PM
[QUOTE=Armored Dragon;7224205]Right now I'm reading Lord of the Flies for a school assignment...

QUOTE]

At the moment I'm reading Pygmalion at school, and at home I've switched to reading the My Story series.(A sort of diary made by different people (made up people though!) of different times in history, e.g. D-Day, Trafalgar, The Crimea) At the moment I'm reading one about life in a Victorian Workhouse.

Enigma
30th November 2007, 1:53 PM
I finished reading "Lord of the Flies." Pretty depressing book...I wonder what life would have been like for the boys on the island after they got back to civilization? They killed, tortured and hunted each other on the island...Would they go on to become serial killers or something after being rescued? Would they be able to just forget about the island? What do you think?

New topic: What is your least favorite genre of book?

Historical fiction. But I have read some books that I enjoyed in that genre, so I don't dislike all historical fiction.

Dark Arceus
30th November 2007, 4:29 PM
Romance. Too happy.

Dark FireBird
30th November 2007, 6:55 PM
^not all romances are happy though- many are quite tragic/sad, e.g. romeo and juliet. my least favourite genre... hmm, girly teen highschool dramas, lol. ^^;

BirdsandBoats
1st December 2007, 4:46 AM
My least favorite genre? Most likely fluffy Romance or Non fiction.

DieChavsDie
1st December 2007, 2:31 PM
Hi. May I join?

I love most books, though I admit I am highly critical of the books everyone says are amazing, mainly because of the hype leading me to be disappointed? I love the Harry Potter books, and have been reading them from day 1, but I admit I dislike Lord of the Rings and His Dark Materials.

Both series were hyped up to the extreme, and when I read them, they were boring. And I challenge ANYONE to actually say they understand what Northern Lights/Subtle Knife/Amber Spyglass is on about. I doubt Pullman knows.

But other than those 2 series', I am a huge Fantasy buff. I love the genre too much ;)

Enigma
1st December 2007, 4:31 PM
You can join, but please mention what book you read last. Crobatman will add you to the member list soon.

ThePokemonMaster131
1st December 2007, 4:41 PM
Ello Everyone, TPM is here...May I join? My latest book I've read was Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony

DieChavsDie
2nd December 2007, 12:18 PM
The last book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I read it to my dad. He is busy lots, and I quote "Cant be bothered to read that much". So I read it to him ;) )

Im also reading the first Artemis Fowl book. I would have finished by now, but I like to read chapterly, and the chapters are suprisingly long.

ThePokemonMaster131
3rd December 2007, 12:02 AM
The first Artemis Fowl book..is OK..Wait til you get to the later ones..absolutely to die for.

Enigma
3rd December 2007, 12:47 PM
You can join, too TPM. Again, crobatman will add you to the list soon...

DieChavsDie
11th December 2007, 8:18 PM
I finished the first Artemis Fowl and it was AMAZING.

Well, not amazing, but funny and good all the same

palkia1
12th December 2007, 3:09 AM
I finished the first Artemis Fowl and it was AMAZING.

Well, not amazing, but funny and good all the same

Yeah the Artemis Fowl books are awesome. I just finished reading the series. Eoin Colfer is an amazing writer. I've also read The Supernaturalist and Half Moon Investigations, two other titles by him.

EDIT: I just went out to the local bookstore and bought the three books of Philip Pullman's Dark Materials books in the one big volume. Has anyone read these books before and if so what did you think of them?

Enigma
12th December 2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah the Artemis Fowl books are awesome. I just finished reading the series. Eoin Colfer is an amazing writer. I've also read The Supernaturalist and Half Moon Investigations, two other titles by him.

EDIT: I just went out to the local bookstore and bought the three books of Philip Pullman's Dark Materials books in the one big volume. Has anyone read these books before and if so what did you think of them?

I've read the Artemis Fowl books and The Supernaturalist, but what is Half Moon Investigations about? Anyway, I think I once started reading the Golden Compass, but I didn't really like it.

palkia1
12th December 2007, 12:41 PM
I've only read it once. I rented it from a library. From what i can remember it is about some kid that is an investigator and solves petty crimes for his school but something more serious happens and he has to solve it. I'm sorry i can't give more detail but it's actually a pretty good read. I am now up to chapter 4 in golden compass and it's pretty good so far.

Has anyone else heard about the new Eoin Colfer novel. It's called Airman and it sounds pretty interesting, not as good as Artemis Fowl but still pretty good

DieChavsDie
12th December 2007, 3:46 PM
His Dark Materials?

Read Northern Lights and Subtle Knife. Both of them made me want to go slit my throat they were that bad

Enigma
12th December 2007, 5:08 PM
Has anyone else heard about the new Eoin Colfer novel. It's called Airman and it sounds pretty interesting, not as good as Artemis Fowl but still pretty good

I hadn't, but I just looked it up on the Internet. You're right, it does sound interesting.

MarshtompMan
12th December 2007, 7:58 PM
I'd like to join.
I've been readng the old Animorphs series.
Before that I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

palkia1
12th December 2007, 11:58 PM
Read Northern Lights and Subtle Knife. Both of them made me want to go slit my throat they were that bad

Wow, what was so bad about them? I'm 4 chapters into Northern Lights and it seems pretty good.

DieChavsDie
13th December 2007, 6:11 PM
Theyre abysmal. I seriously doubt whether Phillip Pullman understands the books. I swear he was high when he wrote them.

cybermew
13th December 2007, 6:22 PM
Can I join? And hey DCD, looks like we have the same intrest. I recently have been reading the World According To Clarkson (Jeremy Clarkson), Marley and Me, but the last fiction book I can remember is Snakehead by Anthony Horowitz. He is brilliant. The Power of 5, diamond bros and most of all Alex Rider are the best books ever. I have also read a book called Gideon the Cutpurse, but I can't remember what the USA title is.

Enigma
13th December 2007, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the club, cybermew and MarshtompMan! Crobatman will add you to the member list...eventually...

DieChavsDie
17th December 2007, 7:02 AM
A very sad piece of news for the literary world.

Terry Prattchett, author of the Discworld novels, has announced that he has the beginnings of Alzeimer's Disease.

Whilst I do not read his books, my mum does, and is a big fan (Though admited this explains why the last book wasnt as good), and I know that the Literary World will lose a huge talent once the Alzeimer's sets in.

I would like to give my condolances to Prattchett, and hope that the Alzeimer's does not spread rapidly.

LordZero
18th December 2007, 10:12 PM
Can I join this one?
Though how do you plan on keeping this one alive when the other two failed?

last series I read was the Underland Chronicles and there good despite being for kids, has one of the best charecters ever imo but the ending to it all sucked. reading fan fiction at the moment, and don't have time to read with me writing a novel and all that.

Enigma
18th December 2007, 11:02 PM

Terry Prattchett, author of the Discworld novels, has announced that he has the beginnings of Alzeimer's Disease.

Whilst I do not read his books, my mum does, and is a big fan (Though admited this explains why the last book wasnt as good), and I know that the Literary World will lose a huge talent once the Alzeimer's sets in.

I would like to give my condolances to Prattchett, and hope that the Alzeimer's does not spread rapidly.

I've never read them either, but that's too bad...

Can I join this one?
Though how do you plan on keeping this one alive when the other two failed?

last series I read was the Underland Chronicles and there good despite being for kids, has one of the best charecters ever imo but the ending to it all sucked. reading fan fiction at the moment, and don't have time to read with me writing a novel and all that.

You can join, and I don't really know how, especially since the owner's been gone for almost a month.

cybermew
22nd December 2007, 11:51 AM

I loved Prattchett, and The Wee Free Men and Hat Full of Sky are amazing books. But I could never figure out Wintersmith, it just didn't seem right, and this explains it.

Prattchett, thank you, you gave me the inspiriation to actually start reading, and I think you are an amazing man. My condolences are with you, and I feel extremly sad.

Enigma
28th December 2007, 6:09 PM
Crobatman's been gone from sppf for over a month...Do you think we should restart the club? And who should be the new owner?

cybermew
29th December 2007, 11:09 AM
Just wait, its Christmas, and everything can get a bit muddled.

I don't understand what's wrong with His Dark Materials, it seems awsome to me, DCD. I saw the movie (I wanted to read it first, but my family wanted to see it), and it was great, so I started reading and it seems just as good, what was wrong DCD?

palkia1
29th December 2007, 11:39 AM
I don't understand what's wrong with His Dark Materials, it seems awsome to me, DCD. I saw the movie (I wanted to read it first, but my family wanted to see it), and it was great, so I started reading and it seems just as good, what was wrong DCD?

I agree with that. I bought the three books in one volume about a week before Christmas and finished them on Christmas Eve. I heard a lot of comments that the movie was crap and that the book wasn't very good either but i thought they were really good. I found all three of them to be a delightful read

DieChavsDie
29th December 2007, 11:44 AM
Theyre over complicated and overhyped. Its like The Lord Of The Rings, I didnt like them either. Dont get me wrong, Im possibly one of the Biggest Fantasy Fans (Try saying that 10 times fast ;) ) ever, but His Dark Materials and Lord of the Rings dont appeal to me.

Anywho, on the topic of books Im reading, I got Snakehead (By Anthony Horowitz) for XMas. Its the 7th Alex Rider book. Im only 2/3 chapters in so far; its been busy here; but its shaping up to be just as good as the rest.

And on the topic of Alex Rider books, my order (Fav to Least Fav):

1- Point Blanc
2- Scorpia
3- Stormbreaker
4- Eagle Strike
5- Skeleton Key
6- Ark Angel

Point Blanc was AMAZING, but Ark Angel was a bit too much. I mean, the rest of what happens in Alex Rider is "Believable", but Space is too much.

And on the topic of Anthony Horowitz, who here reads the Power of Five series. They are AMAZING. I love them. I cant wait till the 4th book comes out.

palkia1
29th December 2007, 11:53 AM
I received a few books for Christmas and i am slowly reading through them now.

I got the last two books of the Will Buster series by Odo Hirsch. I have just started the final book in the series and it is awesome at the moment.

I also got the whole seconds set of Deltora Quest books by Emily Rodda and a book called The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. I haven't read it yet but it sounds really good.

EDIT: I hadn't read any of Anthony Horowitz' books yet but seeing the comments DCD made i had a look at them on his website and they do sound interesting (especially the Power of Five). I might look into buying some of them. My parents just gave me $100 dollars for getting a really good end of year report so i might use some of that on one of his books (or more).

mewmew202
29th December 2007, 3:07 PM
I would like to join.
I just finished reading: Full Moon wo Sagashite it's a manga but whatev
Right now I am rereading: Maximum Ride the Angel Experiment.

And I will be getting more books cause I got a hundred dollar gift card to a book store for Christmas YAY!.

Enigma
31st December 2007, 8:47 AM
Welcome to the club, celebiIadore! Crobatman will add you to the member list eventually.

futuramagirl
14th January 2008, 8:49 PM
Can I join please? I mostly enjoy teenage books like Jacquline Wilson, but there are many others I enjoy too!

Currently Reading: The Illustrated Mum
Just finished reading: Candyfloss
(Just a note, you may not have heard of any of the books I talk about as most of them will probably only be relesed in England!)

Enigma
14th January 2008, 9:02 PM
Yeah, you can join....

Crobatman's been gone for almost two months now...

mewmew202
14th January 2008, 9:05 PM
maybe somebody should restart then. I have no time personally but I suppose its anybody could at this point as long as they aren't gonna disappear.

Dark Arceus
15th January 2008, 9:03 AM
If anyone's going to...
I say Armoured Dragon, since he's the most active.

Enigma
15th January 2008, 12:40 PM
Only if no one else will. I'm already a member of a lot of clubs, and I own two of them...

DieChavsDie
15th January 2008, 5:46 PM
Havent had much time for reading of late. Only about 6 Chapters into Snakehead

And I say Armoured Dragon deserves to lead the club most. S/He (Sorry :S) has always been friendly and helpful and knows what s/he is talking about

Dark Arceus
15th January 2008, 6:00 PM
But Armoured Dragon (who is male) is only going to be the new owner if no-one else wants to.
How about you, DieChavsDie?

DieChavsDie
15th January 2008, 6:04 PM
Im not sure if Im known enough around Clubs to attract new members. Most tend to go to clubs made my well known people

Dark Arceus
15th January 2008, 6:11 PM
I'm in a few. Anyone want me to be owner?
(unless crobatman comes back, of course.)

mewmew202
15th January 2008, 9:00 PM
well since you are the only one currently up for the job since everyone else is too busy I say so. Hope you do a good job and good luck to you.

Enigma
15th January 2008, 9:56 PM
Yeah, sounds good to me Dark Arceus! Good luck!

Dark Arceus
16th January 2008, 9:06 AM
Right then. I'm going to make the new thread, but will it be ok if I change a few rules?

I was thinking of having Co-owners (you 3) and if someone's been inactive for over 1month and a half, then they get kicked out. Also, getting new members to PM one of us asking to join, to show they have read the rules, and if they ask in the thread they can't join (doesn't count for all previous members) ?

Also, should I keep Crobatman as a member?

Enigma
16th January 2008, 12:40 PM
Sounds good...I guess you could keep Crobatman on the member list, just in case he comes back.

DieChavsDie
16th January 2008, 4:41 PM
Have you posted it? I cant find it

Also, If you would like a Co-Owner/s to start off, Im sure myself and Armoured Dragon (Sorry if Im being a bit preemptive AD) wouldnt mind being Co-Owners

cybermew
16th January 2008, 6:39 PM
It hasn't been created yet. I am finding HDM a really good read. I have a mind that understands things very quickly DCD, so it may be that. But I found lord of the rings boring, exceot The Hobbit, it was very entertaining for me.

Ethan
16th January 2008, 6:44 PM
Well its about time this darn thing came back up. Ahem. May I join?

DieChavsDie
16th January 2008, 7:27 PM
Cybermew- My mind is like that too. I can take in a situation (Even in TV. Especially in Murder Mysteries/Drama's etc) and work out what will happen/"whodunnit". Its not that my mind doesnt work in the right way, its just that His Dark Materials is completely Unstimulating, boring and flat, with no real comprehensible plot that makes sense

Babylon- By the looks of things, a new thread will be made, so it may be best to post there, but I am pretty sure you will be able to join once you list things such as "Fav Book", "What book you are currently reading" etc.

Dark Arceus
16th January 2008, 8:19 PM
Right then. From a few minuites, when I will make the new thread, everyone post there. Babylon, you'll have to join the new thread, but make sure you check the new rules!

I'll add the new thread as soon as it's made.

EDIT: Right, it's made. All that remains is for the mods to approve it!

EDIT2: TA DAAAA!!!! Here it is!:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=297901