PDA

View Full Version : Z:Lined?

Yeti
10th October 2007, 12:30 AM
What is this z:line business? Whenever I try to connect, whether to Java or mIRC, it says this:
Z:Lined (You look like a bot. Be sure to fill in your nick/ident/realname properly.)
I changed all those things, but have had no success in getting myself to not look like a bot. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?
Note, sorry if this should belong in a thread, but it's more of a question as to what this z-line thing is.

Grey
10th October 2007, 12:32 AM
Zline is an IRC server ban for your IP address. You should contact the given IRC server's adminstration staff regarding your IP ban (there should be an email address in the ban message, if it's a half-decent server ofc ^.^)

Erik Destler
10th October 2007, 12:40 AM
Go post in the official DejaToons forum.

http://www.dejatoons.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=c7421abb2cfa7fd080b4b2823b0dfd58

:D

King Shuckle
10th October 2007, 1:49 AM
I have had the exact same issue and left a post in the thread they have there. Hopefully this gets all resolved soon, I need to get on the #PokeCommunity chatroom.

Kaiserin
10th October 2007, 2:10 AM
It's because of the recent spambot business, I suspect.

King Shuckle
10th October 2007, 2:13 AM
Do you mean those bots yesterday with the random assortment of letters for names who kept mass pming everyone? That sucks. I had a feeling it might have been for that reason as well.

Kaiserin
10th October 2007, 1:31 PM
Do you mean those bots yesterday with the random assortment of letters for names who kept mass pming everyone? That sucks. I had a feeling it might have been for that reason as well.

I think they were cursing at us in Arabic, albeit in Roman letters rather than Arabic ones (because most people don't support that kind of unicode on their computers), actually. XD

Mello
13th October 2007, 2:20 AM
Ugh....... Same thing just hapenned to me. I wasn't saying anything at all. Then I suddenly got kicked. How'd I get back in ;-------;!!!