PDA

View Full Version : Smells Like Team Spirit! (520)

Serebii
25th October 2007, 1:51 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/520.jpgTag Battle! The Finals!

Its time for the finals of the Tag Tournement. With Ash, Dawn, Brock & Paul all into the finals, the gang are to have their toughest battles yet as they battle eachother. However, with Ash choosing Paul's newly released and his recently obtained Pokémon, Chimchar, could Ash be about to have the hardest battle yet by using a new Pokémon at such a crucial stage?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/519.shtml)

Discuss

Lucario At Service
25th October 2007, 4:06 PM
So, i was right about Paul giving his Soothe Bell to Ash since he doesn't believe in being friends with pokemon. Lets see whether i am right about the other thing that i said.

This is what i think (I posted this on another thread),

Well i saw that no one mentioned this but Chansey also needs happiness to evolve to Blissey. Since Happiny is in the group we can expect an Chansey which might evolve to Blissey. So, presently their are two pokemon in the group which needs happiness to evolve.

Now, if Ash & Paul wins the final, i don't think Paul would be keeping the soothe bell i think he would give Ash his one too so Ash would be left with two soothe bell's. Now i think Ash might give one to Dawn for Buneary & if he keeps the other one i think he might use it on Chimchar to be friendly with it or could use on a future pokemon which needs happiness to evolve like Riolu, Chingling.

Now, the soothe bell in my opinion (if Ash gets them) has increased the chance of Ash getting Riolu which means Lucario.

Edit:- 1st comment on this thread.

This episode is great, i just have to see it.
Poor Staravia didn't get a chance to do a thing. I hope he gets to do something in the 3rd gym.

uber gon
25th October 2007, 5:00 PM
So, i was right about Paul giving his Soothe Bell to Ash since he doesn't believe in being friends with pokemon. Lets see whether i am right about the other thing that i said.

This is what i think (I posted this on another thread),

Edit:- 1st comment on this thread.

This episode is great, i just have to see it.
Poor Staravia didn't get a chance to do a thing. I hope he gets to do something in the 3rd gym.

So, Torterra makes it faint?

Angelic Squirrel
25th October 2007, 5:29 PM
So, Torterra makes it faint?

No, it was damaged a bit by Hyper beam, but that attack KO'd Honoka's Farfetch'd, who was in the battle.. for 10 seconds.

Eddieursa
25th October 2007, 7:33 PM
Can anybody tell me if, by the chance, the ending has been updated with Chimchar in Ash's team?.

Korobooshi Kojiro
25th October 2007, 7:36 PM
No, since they usually don't update till the next week after a capture, and Chimchar didn't join till this week.

turtle twig
25th October 2007, 8:38 PM
I just saw the episode pics on Pokemon-Safari.

There's a scene where Ash talks to Prof. Oak just after capturing Chimchar. What did they say? Does Prof. Oak know about Paul?

S.Suikun
25th October 2007, 9:01 PM
Ash/Paul vs. Dawn/Kouhei is probably my favorite match since Paul vs. Roark. It had great animation, battle direction, and didn't feel cheap. Definitely a worthy way to end this three-parter. Elekid evolving came out of left field with zero speculation towards it, especially considering how Elekid wasn't shown in the preview. Nice and unexpected. It'll be a bit annoying if both Paul and Gary have Electivire, so I'm actually hoping it'll stay Electabuzz for quite a while. If I have any complaints, it's that Staravia got the royal shaft...again. The poor thing didn't even land a single hit and was subject to the abuse of Torterra.

Paul tossing Ash the Soothe Bell can be taken two ways - First, it could be perceived as the beginning of a growing respect for Ash, feeling as though he is deserving of the item. On the other hand, it seems Paul really only entered the tournament in order to hone his Pokemon's battling skills, and he really couldn't care less for the prize (or for Chimchar). Either way, I don't see this rivalry being resolved any time soon. That's a good thing, mind you.

pikasaur
25th October 2007, 9:56 PM
I just saw the episode pics on Pokemon-Safari.

There's a scene where Ash talks to Prof. Oak just after capturing Chimchar. What did they say? Does Prof. Oak know about Paul?

just a guess but,

ash proboly told oak about paul abandoning chimchar and him taking it in...oak is proboly happy that hes taking care of the chimchar

uber gon
25th October 2007, 10:08 PM
In regards to Staravia, just be glad he STAYED on the field instead of fainting.

Ash6K
25th October 2007, 10:10 PM
Wow! Saw the pics and it's sad that Staravia didn't really do anything but at least The Dawn/Kouhei and Ash/Paul battle however was pretty awesome, especially with Elekid evolving! With Ash now having two soothe bells, I wonder what he'll do with it now though.

Anyway, awesome episode with a great final battle.

uber gon
25th October 2007, 10:18 PM
Wow! Saw the pics and it's sad that Staravia didn't really do anything but at least The Dawn/Kouhei and Ash/Paul battle however was pretty awesome, especially with Elekid evolving! With Ash now having two soothe bells, I wonder what he'll do with it now though.

Anyway, awesome episode with a great final battle.

He gave one to Dawn, but I think the one he got from Paul may foreshadow a Lucario in his team.

Almighty Zard
25th October 2007, 10:29 PM
He gave one to Dawn, but I think the one he got from Paul may foreshadow a Lucario in his team.

I don't think he gave it to her though, she was mearly looking at it.

Anyway, i'm suprised Torterra's hyper beam and leaf storm attacks didn't kill Brock and Honoka's pokemon(Hyper beam shook the stadium) and it seems that only a fully evo'ed pokemon is gonna have a chance of dropping that thing in combat.

Lol at Buizel after getting hit by Thunder too, wonder where it's "strength" went though since it hasn't won a fight since the lucien episode when it ko'ed Turtwig.

uber gon
25th October 2007, 10:32 PM
I don't think he gave it to her though, she was mearly looking at it.

Anyway, i'm suprised Torterra's hyper beam and leaf storm attacks didn't kill Brock and Honoka's pokemon(Hyper beam shook the stadium) and it seems that only a fully evo'ed pokemon is gonna have a chance of dropping that thing in combat.

Lol at Buizel after getting hit by Thunder too, wonder where it's "strength" went though since it hasn't won a fight since the lucien episode when it ko'ed Turtwig.

Well Electabuzz probably has had more training than Pikachu or something.

Almighty Zard
25th October 2007, 10:34 PM
Well Electabuzz probably has had more training than Pikachu or something.

Pikachu kicked Buizel's butt both times they went at it though.

I'm seriously starting to think those who said one would overshadow the other in terms of Buizel and Piplup were right, Piplup is clearly overshadowing Buizel big time.

Dax
25th October 2007, 11:09 PM
So Staravia is always used in battle to develop other people? That's...weird. First it was to show off how fast Gardenia's Turtwig was and now to show how Paul doesn't care about the pokemons of his partner. Staravia is being shafted by turtles!!!!:p

I guess my favorite part is the fact Paul has an Electabuzz. Now I guess we know we will see some Electivire by the end of Sinnoh.

And Buizel... poor little thing. Ash has Staravia who is weak, a Turtwig who is boring and a Pikachu who is far from being as powerful as it was. How many more weaklings he's going to have?

I'm still hoping for some Staraotor and Infernape power since I'm sure there's not going to be a Torterra for Ash.

Trips
25th October 2007, 11:12 PM
anyone know what paul was saying threw this whole episode? like transaltetion..where can i go download this or not download this episode at which site?

turtle twig
25th October 2007, 11:28 PM
I too would like to know Paul's dialog in the episode. Especially at the end of the battle with Dawn and her partner. He says something, and then looks over to see Ash bonding with Chimchar.

MechaBulba
25th October 2007, 11:46 PM
Poor Staravia! Got not wins again :(
Still his better than Swellow!

Anyways Any one else notuice Chimchar has also takern to sitting on Ashes Shoulder? and more importantly Aipoms shoulder? I hope in the next ep we get a moneky vs monkey rivals?

Also what attack did Farfetch'd use?

MechaBulba
25th October 2007, 11:48 PM

Anyways Any one else notuice Chimchar has also takern to sitting on Ashes Shoulder? and more importantly Aipoms shoulder? I hope in the next ep we get a moneky vs monkey rivals?

ShadowDragon16
26th October 2007, 1:47 AM

I think Air Slash

And I noticed that too, I wonder if Aipom will get Jeoulous of Ash and Chimchar, this might spark a trade?

uber gon
26th October 2007, 1:49 AM
Torterra's Hyper Beam made me think of a nuclear bomb blast.:D

Flamez
26th October 2007, 1:50 AM
Ash has Staravia who is weak, a Turtwig who is boring and a Pikachu who is far from being as powerful as it was. How many more weaklings he's going to have?
Turtwig being boring does not reflect its strength. Pikachu's power resets at the beginning of every region and It's not like Pikachu's been getting knocked out by weak pokemon or something.

Staravia didn't even get to battle in this episode so no one should call it weak based on what they see/saw in this particular episode.

I still think the bird has alot of potential and it will get stronger.

Turtwig has had quite a few impressive wins and I dont think anyone should argue with the point that Turtwig's wins have been better then what Treeko/Chikorita/Bulbasaur had at this point in their respective journey's.

uber gon
26th October 2007, 1:53 AM
Turtwig being boring does not reflect its strength. Pikachu's power resets at the beginning of every region and It's not like Pikachu's been getting knocked out by weak pokemon or something.

Staravia didn't even get to battle in this episode so no one should call it weak based on what they see/saw in this particular episode.

Turtwig has had quite a few impressive wins and I dont think anyone should argue with the point that Turtwig's wins have been better then what Treeko/Chikorita/Bulbasaur had at this point in their respective journey's.

Well Treeko did beat a Hariyama, but Turtwig had quantity.

Flamez
26th October 2007, 2:17 AM
^ Which IMO wasn't all that impressive. I know why it kept hitting its feet but that strategy was so boring. That gym battle wasn't entertaining.
It was when Treeko evolved that I really started to like it, because lets face it Grovyle>Treeko anyday.

Anyways I dont want to turn this into a Turtwig vs. Treeko thread so I'll stop. If any of you guys want to talk about this more you can PM me.

Elekid evolving was a surprise, I didnt see that coming. It was sort of disappointing not to see Aipom battle since I like the monkey. However I like chimchar also so that was fine.

Havent seen the episode yet so can't really give an overall judgement of this episode yet.

Geodude
26th October 2007, 3:09 AM
I think Air Slash
You think correctly. If you have the episode, listen carefully to what she says, the attack name is the same in Japanese.

Flamez
26th October 2007, 4:37 AM
Just saw it, an amazing episode overall.

I am disappointed that Mukubird didn't do anything but at the same time it was great to see Shinji Torterra dominate the way it did. You would expect something like that from a pokemon who's been with him since he started his journey and went to Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto with him. That hyperbeam was probably the most lethal one we've ever seen.

The final battle was really good, one of the best so far this season.

LMAO at the ending where Piplup slides on table and falls down, the reaction on its face is so cute.

uber gon
26th October 2007, 5:49 AM
Just saw it, an amazing episode overall.

I am disappointed that Mukubird didn't do anything but at the same time it was great to see Shinji Torterra dominate the way it did. You would expect something like that from a pokemon who's been with him since he started his journey and went to Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto with him. That hyperbeam was probably the most lethal one we've ever seen.

The final battle was really good, one of the best so far this season.

LMAO at the ending where Piplup slides on table and falls down, the reaction on its face is so cute.

You'd think Torterra's Hyper Beam was as strong as a nuke.:D

Look at the bright side, at least Staravia didn't faint.

!!-D@rRyL-!!
26th October 2007, 1:16 PM
You'd think Torterra's Hyper Beam was as strong as a nuke.:D

Look at the bright side, at least Staravia didn't faint.

Good point there ^

But does anyone know where to watch it im really desperate to see the action isntead of just seeing the pictures (no offence to serebii i do appreciate the pictures anyway)

!!-D@rRyL-!!
26th October 2007, 1:54 PM
no worries found it anyone who wants to watch it its here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1drUynHIbQ

Juputoru
26th October 2007, 3:41 PM
Pretty good ep. Rather annoying that they had to spend all that time on TR kidnapping Chimchar in the beginning, but there was still enough time left for the real battles to be great.

I'm a tad annoyed that Dawn and Kouhei didn't win, though. They deserve it more since they obviously had real teamwork, whereas Ash and Paul only seemed to win because of pure power and had no teamwork whatsoever. Oh well.

Kabuto
26th October 2007, 4:03 PM
Yes I actually agree Satoshi and Shinji should have lost. Ah well, at least we had that cool scene with him throwing the Soothe Bell. We also had some really good battles. Im happy for Chimchar *sniff*

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
26th October 2007, 4:40 PM
I saw this one yesterday and I'm quite satified overall, pretty much everyone got what they want and their happy. Dawn gets a bell, Paul's Elekid now an Electabuzz, and Ash gets Chimchar. I knew that girl that was with Brock after they lost, she would leave and yes she did, too bad Brock did not get a happy ending.

I was not expecting the battle with Brock, the girl, Ash and Paul would go that fast. For once Paul actually helped, and damn that Toterra is strong, I was surprised he brings it to the Pokemon Center at the end.

Then the final battle, I had my bets that Dawn and the guy with the glasses to win, since they both had teamwork and the brains, but that changed when Paul's Elekid evolved to Electabuzz which surprised me and out of nowhere. If that would not happened, Dawn and the guy with the glasses would of won. But it was nice to see that somehow Ash and Paul managed to get through even though they can't stand each other.

I have a quick question though about the phone conversation with Ash and Professor Oak, I heard they mentioned "Shinji" or Paul in their conversation and I'm not sure if they said something where he comes from or something, I did not pick up too well what they said, any idea???

uber gon
26th October 2007, 6:17 PM
I saw this one yesterday and I'm quite satified overall, pretty much everyone got what they want and their happy. Dawn gets a bell, Paul's Elekid now an Electabuzz, and Ash gets Chimchar. I knew that girl that was with Brock after they lost, she would leave and yes she did, too bad Brock did not get a happy ending.

I was not expecting the battle with Brock, the girl, Ash and Paul would go that fast. For once Paul actually helped, and damn that Toterra is strong, I was surprised he brings it to the Pokemon Center at the end.

Then the final battle, I had my bets that Dawn and the guy with the glasses to win, since they both had teamwork and the brains, but that changed when Paul's Elekid evolved to Electabuzz which surprised me and out of nowhere. If that would not happened, Dawn and the guy with the glasses would of won. But it was nice to see that somehow Ash and Paul managed to get through even though they can't stand each other.

I have a quick question though about the phone conversation with Ash and Professor Oak, I heard they mentioned "Shinji" or Paul in their conversation and I'm not sure if they said something where he comes from or something, I did not pick up too well what they said, any idea???

Oak was probably talking about training strategies.

The Benmeister
26th October 2007, 6:33 PM
Blech. The bird has been shafted once more. But hey, at least it appeared - Aipom wasn't even in the three episodes.

I'm hoping for a return of glasses guy later in the saga. He's one awesome dude.

I can see why Paul dislikes Ash, on the podium he was celebrating like an idiot.

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th October 2007, 8:02 PM
so how do these bells... get used in the anime... does the pokemon like where it to make them happy or something?

YukiJadenSurvives
26th October 2007, 8:08 PM
Satoshi! Rukario! GET!

uber gon
26th October 2007, 8:44 PM
Satoshi! Rukario! GET!

I think the soothe bells are foreshadowing a certain playboy bunny and jackal appearing soon.

pikasaur
26th October 2007, 8:53 PM
id say bells foreshadow chansey....might foreshadow riolu/lucario too

does playboy bunny = bunarey's evo?....didn't know it needs happiness to evolve

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
27th October 2007, 4:40 AM
Oak was probably talking about training strategies.

I think it was, thanks for that, I asked one of my friends about that part and pretty said the same thing, that is the only part I could not pick up.

uber gon
27th October 2007, 5:43 AM
id say bells foreshadow chansey....might foreshadow riolu/lucario too

does playboy bunny = bunarey's evo?....didn't know it needs happiness to evolve

Yeah, all three need to be very happy to evolve, Riolu during the day especially.

zeno48
27th October 2007, 8:13 AM
I am so happy elekid evolved and chimchar ended up with Ash. Overall great episode and i hope to see more of Paul in the future.

Sushi
27th October 2007, 5:28 PM
I can imagine Kiyotaka Furushima having a sore throat after this one, voicing Shinji, Buizel and Mukubird all in one episode...then again Muku barely said/did anything ^^"

I for one loved the sunset scene where Ash persuaded Chimchar to come with him. Naturally I still can't get over how insanely cute Chimchar is, but Ash finally having matured and completely ignoring what Paul said was another highlight for me. Ash's temper is something I like about him, but the redundancy of him throwing a fit at Paul whenever they talked was really starting to annoy me.

Team Rocket...I don't know what to think of their appearance at the beginning. I guess it was a good way of saying that they were still "there" and making an effort to continue their real job, but I would have preferred for them to be happy that Chimchar went to a nicer trainer because that's what they had wanted all along. Then again, there are limits as to how corny things can get. I'm too much into cheesy plots x_X

It was funnier in the last episode where it happened more than just once, but Piplup still makes me laugh everytime it angrily shouts, "POCHA POCHA!" in agreement whenever Dawn raises her voice against Paul.

I liked both battles of this episode, as short as the former one may have been. I am a little sad that out of all of Ash's Pokémon, it was Staravia who was denied any chance to shine, but it was good that there was a battle where Paul took out both opponents, considering he was absolutely useless (no pun intended) in the last one.

Good way of displaying that Brock is still an excellent battler. He didn't even bat an eyelid after Farfetch'd was KO and immediately used the opportunity to fight back.

I think Honoka reappearing might not be as unlikely as many think. After all, the reason she left so abruptly was to train hard to become a worthy partner to Brock - now it's up to the writers if they want to follow up on that resolution or not.

DS2512
27th October 2007, 6:20 PM
Oooh... good. Great episode. Everything went as planned.

I wonder why Team Rocket it's still in pokemon... sometimes I wish they just left already, but I'd probably die of sadness then, so... yeah. Lovable, yet useless.

I just kept wishing that Paul went back for Chimchar, even when it was about to enter Ash's pokeball... Sigh, silly me. I really didn't want Chimchar to go with Ash, for some unknown reason... I wanted it to keep following Paul until he accepted it back, with lots of drama and girly tears.

For a moment I thought that Dawn and her partner would win (God, if that happened, I would've gone emo for a week). The battles were great, and I just loved Paul every second (Yeah, I'm weird, I know...). I nearly wet my pants when elekid evolved.

Oh well, most of it was kinda predictable, anyway. But still awesome.

Gravy
27th October 2007, 6:37 PM
I don’t know about anyone else, but despite the fact that Shinji’s pokémon both mopped the floor with their opponents after a little struggling, I found it incredibly satisfying to watch them being pounded into the dirt before their inevitable victories. Especially Elekid, who I personally feel is a bigger prick than Shinji is. The look on it’s face as the omnipotent Protect failed to save is hide was priceless, as was the incoming horn ramming into it’s supposed ribcage.
While Croagunk slamming Torterra's skull into the stadium floor with such force was great, I kinda wish Muku.BIRD had crashed it's Ariel Ace into it's face beforehand, just for some hyucks and tee-hees. Besides, we all know the Bird wouldn't have been effected by the recoil anyway...

After all, the reason she left so abruptly was to train hard to become a worthy partner to Brock - now it's up to the writers if they want to follow up on that resolution or not.
Wishful thinking or not, I do hope that she means 'partner' in more ways than one :p

Dawn_Piplup
27th October 2007, 9:21 PM
Did Ash give Dawn the soothe Bell?

bobjr
27th October 2007, 10:19 PM
Did Ash give Dawn the soothe Bell?

Yeah Ash gave her the soothe bell he won and then Paul tossed Ash the one he won, since he said he didn't need it.

turtle twig
28th October 2007, 5:44 AM
It looked like Ash actually ignored Paul's trash talk a couple of times here. First when he asks why Ash would want Chimchar (whom he refers to as useless), after which Ash says something that ticks Paul off. Second when they have their final battle, and Paul says something nasty about the whole thing, he looks over, and Ash is bonding happliy with Chimchar.

Ash ignoring Paul. Could this be signaling something?

uber gon
29th October 2007, 7:04 AM
It looked like Ash actually ignored Paul's trash talk a couple of times here. First when he asks why Ash would want Chimchar (whom he refers to as useless), after which Ash says something that ticks Paul off. Second when they have their final battle, and Paul says something nasty about the whole thing, he looks over, and Ash is bonding happliy with Chimchar.

Ash ignoring Paul. Could this be signaling something?

Yeah, Ash knows how to use reverse psychology.:D

Anyway, Air Slash looked cool.

Enzono
29th October 2007, 7:30 AM

weeeird tho cuz like once didnt a girl say pikachu was level 25?? that was in Kanto..... so he should be like level 100 by now..

they should be more realistic... and if there is a Blissey in thee future how are they gonna incorperate a round stone or whatever (thing that evolves Happiny) into the story

Geodude
29th October 2007, 8:39 PM
weeeird tho cuz like once didnt a girl say pikachu was level 25?? that was in Kanto..... so he should be like level 100 by now..
I can't believe people are still bringing that up...

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th October 2007, 2:13 AM
Apparently, according to Yamato on BMG, Kouhei said this:

K, I just watched that scene again, and I have more reason to believe he may return. Listening closely, I think his line was "Dochira ni shite mo, karera wa boku-tachi no teki de wa arimasen no ne." (Whoever they may be, they don't seem to be our enemies.)

uber gon
30th October 2007, 4:01 AM
I'm hoping Paul gets a particularly hostile lesson in karma.

Almighty Zard
30th October 2007, 5:32 AM
Yeah Ash gave her the soothe bell he won and then Paul tossed Ash the one he won, since he said he didn't need it.

I don't think he actually gave it to her, she was simply looking at it.

Of course we need the dialog of that scene translated to know for sure.

Gravy
30th October 2007, 1:29 PM
Apparently, according to Yamato on BMG, Kouhei said this:

K, I just watched that scene again, and I have more reason to believe he may return. Listening closely, I think his line was "Dochira ni shite mo, karera wa boku-tachi no teki de wa arimasen no ne." (Whoever they may be, they don't seem to be our enemies.)

Wouldn't it be cool if both Kouhei AND Honoka ended up being part of/working for Galaxy? I don't know what Kouhei's motivation would be, but Honoka could use it as a method to prove her worth as a partner to Brock, or some other crazed rubbish.

uber gon
30th October 2007, 6:16 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if both Kouhei AND Honoka ended up being part of/working for Galaxy? I don't know what Kouhei's motivation would be, but Honoka could use it as a method to prove her worth as a partner to Brock, or some other crazed rubbish.

That, or they return in the Sinnoh league.

Frankly, I was hoping Focus Blast would've looked more powerful the Aura Shere.

Dax
1st November 2007, 6:30 PM

I never said Turtwig was weak, it's stronger than Treecko was but it's a little boring.

My problem is that if you go and analyze Ash's team right now the weakest one is the bird. Pikachu had great battles and the same goes for Chimchar, Turtwig and Aipom. With Staravia you can only count the cherry and comparing it to the other's opponentes then it's a little bit disappointing.

I love Staravia but I just want to see it battle with a stronger opponent.

uber gon
1st November 2007, 7:55 PM
I never said Turtwig was weak, it's stronger than Treecko was but it's a little boring.

My problem is that if you go and analyze Ash's team right now the weakest one is the bird. Pikachu had great battles and the same goes for Chimchar, Turtwig and Aipom. With Staravia you can only count the cherry and comparing it to the other's opponentes then it's a little bit disappointing.

I love Staravia but I just want to see it battle with a stronger opponent.

There's always the 3rd gym.

133tSneasel
1st November 2007, 9:44 PM
I'm just htinking of how Ash was got Chimchar, because Ash was suppose to have a Fire, Water, and Grass type and in Diamond and Pearl, there aren't many Fire types....plus this reminds me of the Charmander episode, where that kid was treating him badly and Ash got him. So, Ash has a Flying type, a grass type, and fire type, and normal type, but that could change.

Dax
1st November 2007, 10:39 PM
There's always the 3rd gym.

And it will probably get shafted to give Chimchar the spotlight.

uber gon
1st November 2007, 10:48 PM
And it will probably get shafted to give Chimchar the spotlight.

Or it beats two of the three pokémon that Maylene has. Which results with Paul (if he's watching) becoming jealous because Murkrow did worse.:)

Dax
1st November 2007, 10:56 PM
Or it beats two of the three pokémon that Maylene has. Which results with Paul (if he's watching) becoming jealous because Murkrow did worse.:)

As long as they don't give it only a small Meditite to defeat I'm fine. I'd be more than pleased with Machoke and let's not talk about Lucario.

I'm hoping for a Honchkrow vs. Staraptor...

uber gon
2nd November 2007, 12:10 AM
As long as they don't give it only a small Meditite to defeat I'm fine. I'd be more than pleased with Machoke and let's not talk about Lucario.

I'm hoping for a Honchkrow vs. Staraptor...

I'm hoping for Staravia owning Meditite (who may evolve into a Medicham) and Machoke consecutively.:)

cassius335
2nd November 2007, 9:49 AM
I'm hoping for Staravia owning Meditite (who may evolve into a Medicham) and Machoke consecutively.:)

Judging from the description of Maylene, I wouldn't count on it.

uber gon
2nd November 2007, 8:13 PM
Judging from the description of Maylene, I wouldn't count on it.

What's her description?

Nova_Delta
12th November 2007, 7:33 AM
Isn't she a kid? She probably doesn't evolve her pokemon too much.....kids don't seem to do that sorta thing for some reason. XD

Oh wait...your saying how shes a tough cookie? Yeah shes kinda hard when you first face her.....if your still a novice. I don't really expect Staravia to beat any of her Pokemon except maybe Meditite. Medicham would pwn it and Lucario would probably Aura Sphere it to a KO.

uber gon
14th November 2007, 4:59 AM
Isn't she a kid? She probably doesn't evolve her pokemon too much.....kids don't seem to do that sorta thing for some reason. XD

Oh wait...your saying how shes a tough cookie? Yeah shes kinda hard when you first face her.....if your still a novice. I don't really expect Staravia to beat any of her Pokemon except maybe Meditite. Medicham would pwn it and Lucario would probably Aura Sphere it to a KO.

Well, Staravia could be beaten by Lucario, it being a Steel type, but Chimchar could own it.

Smite92
18th November 2007, 5:33 AM
I hope there are more eps like this one!!!

uber gon
4th December 2007, 5:57 PM
I hope there are more eps like this one!!!

Believe me, there will be.

WaterDragon trainer
2nd February 2008, 2:47 AM
This episode was good. It was good to see Chimchar add himself as one of Ash’s team. It was cool to see Air Slash. Croagunk’s maneuver under Torterra was cool. Brock’s reaction when his partner left was funny. It was cool to see Revenge and Feint. Normally I’d say it was cool too see Paul’s Elekid evolve, but he doesn’t deserve that kind of nice comment. It was cool to see Ash win the battle. Wobbuffet crying was funny as well as Piplup falling off the table.

G4Pokefan
2nd February 2008, 4:40 AM
I hate to admit it, but I definitely enjoyed all 3 episodes 2night! A lot of surprises. Appearances of old-school Pokemon like Magmar and Koffing, Rhydon's lightning rod ability and using Surf, a lot of 4th generation moves showing, even Paul and Chimchar. Definite 5/5 for all 3 eps.

pi-pikachu1_1
2nd February 2008, 7:13 AM
One of my fav. characters is Paul, because i absolutely hate him. When i feel that sort of hatred toward him, it shows that Paul has definite personality, which i like.... so i like him because i hate him

Rod Master
2nd February 2008, 8:42 AM
I just finished watching all three episodes back to back and I must say these are easily the best episodes in some time - easily the best of the D/P saga thus far imo.

Paul continuing to train Chimchar the "wrong way", leading up to his eventual release after his failure in Paul's eyes, and finishing up with Chimchar joining Ash's team...it just couldn't have been done better! The writers sure are thinking things through this gen. The rivalry between Ash and Paul is so good it makes you wonder how things could have been had they have built up Ash/Gary as well back in the day.

And the battles themselves were just great - reminded me of the league battles. Getting to see moves such as Gyro Ball, Focus Blast, and Bullet Punch was a surprise, not to mention seeing many cool Pokemon from past gens like Heracross and Magmar.

I had been anticipating these episodes all week and they easily lived up to the hype. I give the Tag Battle Arch a 9/10 overall.

WaterKrystal
2nd February 2008, 2:35 PM
Chimchar was soo cute when he figuring out if he should go with Ash. How many times will they get attacked by TR to realise, that they are usually the only ones to attack them. Oh yea, that's right Paul that "pathetic" Pokemon just blew something up with that extreme power that you wanted, but you couldn't do."
"He recited a poem"...Random moment eh Dawn.

I actually feel sorry for Brock, he finally finds a girl who looks like she could handle his extra little flirting and she up and leaves. I kinda hope that they meet up again, even though it might not be likely.

I liked the looks of Air Slash (I think that's what the move was for Far'etched.
Sweet move by Croagunk sliding under Torterra like he was a baseball player, yay for Chimchar getting angry at Paul (even if it was kinda short), man his death glares can get to a person.

I'm not really a drama person, but just that scene with Paul getting his Pokemon got me excited, it's like you could feel the tension between the two.

I love this last battle, Paul's face for when Elekid got attacked was awesome. I gotta say this again, Conway/Dawn work really well as a team, Chimchar already seems a bit stronger now that Ash has him, he seems more motivated and happy with him.

Conway was right, it is funny that this competition is pratically all about teamwork, being one with Pokemon, etc,etc , and the team who did anything but teamwork won.
Aw, TR's so cute cheering/happy for "Chimmy", Paul's pose is so bad boy.

8/10.

.Vaati.
2nd February 2008, 2:42 PM
I think they did a good job dubbing the Tag Team episodes. Maybe it's because I got to understand 100% of what they were saying, since I usually watch the raws and have a limited Japanese vocabulary. Ha ha.

Hopefully, we'll see more of Kohei/Conway in the Vielstone City episodes since he's the one that told them to go there. o-o

mew..
2nd February 2008, 2:47 PM
i doubt conway will go to veilstone. if he does then he stalks ash 0.0
pro. oak making the "poem" about ash and paul and then dawns

"OMG(not in the ep. but it sound likes she like that)HE RECITED A POEM!!!!!"

Corzola
2nd February 2008, 3:12 PM
Cool ep and Ash using Chimchar was great. That Pokemon is a great addition to the team, no question about that. It also showed that Paul never was wrong - technically - because Chimchar has great powers, and Paul had one way of trying to obtain them. Ash will try another way.

Blaziryu
2nd February 2008, 3:36 PM
Great episode! I hate the fact that Ash will be getting another starter PKMN, but Chimchar really belongs w/ Ash. Like Shinj said, "both of you are pathetic". Chimchar is that Gohan-type of character meaning he'll only show it's true power when someone close to it is in danger.

Ragnarofl
2nd February 2008, 3:47 PM
I admit that while Ash's and Gary's rivalry got disjointed and boring in late Kanto and Johto, Ash's and Paul's is more solid and intense.

mew..
3rd February 2008, 1:08 PM
raganarofl, i know lol

gary and ash got boring, as all we saw was ash losing.or nothing at all

paul is better, as paul is stricter, making ash mad.and then they get into fights. lol!

its was fnny when paul said

"so u had to be number 15.."

"yeh and im ready to win!!, oh its u paul"

rofl holarious,...loved this ep. chimchar made me sad, as pal abadoned it,...

Walcott
3rd February 2008, 4:50 PM
This was one of the BEST episodes!! I loved when Ash and Chimchar battled together and when Elekid evolved!

Does Paul still have that Ninjask?

Rebeccag
3rd February 2008, 5:10 PM
grrr at paul saying your both pathetic. Aww chimchars just so cute i love it ^_^ James saying groovy just makes me laugh for no reason
Dawn saying he just said a poem made me a laugh too
wow tortettas strong and aww poor holly apologising to brock. conway just makes me laugh more and more every time i see him. Aww poor brock holly left
haha elekid got knocked down to the ground and conway copied dawn by saying no need to worry ^_^but hes just creepy lol. Yay Electrabuzz appears and its strong!
rofl chimmy finished first.
Why did Conway say go to velistone city?. Maybe hes going to come back

Venusaur Master
3rd February 2008, 5:19 PM
A great 3 ep arc, to think paul could be so cruel to chimchar, it seems as if he was jealous at ash for awakening chimchar's power. Each battle was awesome as well as the moves the pokemon used. Best episodes of DP so far.

E4 Edo
4th February 2008, 3:49 AM
Is it my imaginatoin but was Paul meaner after he realed Chimchar?

Kataphrut
4th February 2008, 10:11 AM
I watched this episode arc and it was great. The final battle between Ash, Dawn, Conway and the other guy was awesome and Chimchar really shone. In the battle with Brock and what's-'er-face, I really hoped that Staravia would actually hit Torterra after Croagunk did that awesome dodge.

Croagunk is mighty.

weavile/perap eater
4th February 2008, 9:17 PM
i think this episode has the funniest title

smells like team spirit

because there is a song by nirvana called smells like teen spirit

i loved this episode

ash_forever
5th February 2008, 9:45 PM
Oh, how I loved this three Tag Battle episodes!

I´m looking for words of admiration, but I hardly find expressions which seem worthy to describe my excitement!

Tag! We´re it! :
A funny and exciting episode with the introduction of interesting new characters, Brock really being loved by an older girl (if you neglect those two young girlies from former episodes!) and the best pairing we could wish- Ash and Paul!

Glory Blaze:
An uncommon, but awesome and gorgeous episode about Chimchar, great battles and Ash being the overwhelming, kind-hearted hero I love to see!

Smells Like Team Sprit:
THE highlight of the Tag Battle Saga!
Chimcar decides to join Ash: Splendid and awesome! I love Chimchar and hope it ´ll finally involve into Infernape! I dare to anticipate there will be a great showdown at the end of Shinnoh: Paul´s Torterra vs. Ash´s Infernape and then Infernape will gloriously pay back every ill Paul did to it when it was a Chimchar

Great, great, great, awesome battles!! Finally, the fact that Ash won rounds up these gorgeous three episodes, surely makes them belong to the best DP episodes so far and lets me feel totally enthusiastic.

EDIT:

Now, the soothe bell in my opinion (if Ash gets them) has increased the chance of Ash getting Riolu which means Lucario
Very good and comprehensible argument, unless Ash will give away both soothe bells to Dawn and Brock!
But I hope from the bottom of my heart that this assumption will come true!

RageKaiser
6th February 2008, 4:15 AM
This strays away from the episode a bit, but did anyone else want to punch the Fried Dynamite kids? >_>

uber gon
6th February 2008, 5:06 AM
This strays away from the episode a bit, but did anyone else want to punch the Fried Dynamite kids? >_>

That's why I watched it on the net.:)

ash_forever
6th February 2008, 8:56 PM
just a question by the way:
Does anybody know when Cartonn Network will continue broadcasting new Pokemon epsiodes (the so-called 11th season) ?

I´m drooling over it already now!

Dialga3500
6th February 2008, 9:12 PM
Yeah I also like those 3 episodes, I miss them in the cartoon network special, but I went to the net and saw them. The way that Chimchar joined Ash was awesome, I'm looking forward for what will happen with Chimchar because I'm expecting him to evolve and be one of the strongest pokemon of Ash's team and smack on the face Paul because of the way he treated Chimchar and all the stupid things he said about "You deserve each other". Other thing is what will happen if Ash gets the Riolu Egg as everyone is expecting, will ash release one of his Pokemon or will send one of them to the Oak's Lab you never know with all the twists this sagas has so we are going to see whats going to happen

PokeProMaster
7th February 2008, 11:11 PM
Just finished watching this episode the other day, im from the UK so i have to watch it on the internet and various places as such.

I loved this episode and im glad Ash finally got the Chimchar. From the moment Ash got Turtwig i always wished he would have a chimchar as its cool and its really strong.

Personally i feel Paul was an idiot to let his Chimchar go.

Cobalt_Latios
8th February 2008, 2:04 AM

That's why I watched it on the net.:)

Looks to me like I'm going to continue with C_W and C_P. Even though C_P has somewhat mono sound and they cut the end credits (though a simply edit will usually fix that). Oh well, as long as I have them I can't really complain now can I?

Anyways, wow, another impressive episode. Paul's Torterra was unnaturally strong.

The final battle was particularly interesting as Ash actually used Paul's Chimchar for this part. Then of course Elekid evolves.

Okay, I have to say this: Conway and Dawn are surprisingly good. His Heracross knowing Feint was friggen amazing. And I simply laughed at Paul's expression when he heard Feint. Then of course, Heracross used Revenge. You know, after seeing these three episodes, it seems to me like they half designed some of these attacks to work nearly exclusively in the anime environement. I mean, this allows for their "correct" use to come into play.

Then of course, Paul gives Ash the soothe bell. Which seems appropriate considering his cold nature. (Cruel is just too mean, and bad doesn't suit him, so cold it is) And now that he released Chimchar, he truly is "cold". Although, when Team Rocket's balloon exploded, Paul paused for a moment. Perhaps maybe he's having doubts (though, knowing him, maybe it was just a disturbance in the area and decided to know what it was. Nothing more).

Wow, is the only word I can say.

And might I add, this was the best way to end the season: with a bang! Now, we'll just have to wait for Season 11 !!!!(seperated for obvious reasons) Wow, I cannot believe this is actually happening, we're now officially deep withing DP and are about to half one heck of a time to Veilstone. Speaking of which, it seems now Ash is actually getting told about where gyms are from other people besides the gym leaders themselves. Conway told Ash where the next gym is.

Also, "Chimchars Tears" seems like a good way to start season 11.

PUSA, I salute you in your ongoing efforts to get us a great dub of Pokémon. May you continue your work in Season 11!

~C_L~

Doomy
28th April 2008, 1:01 PM
Noo end of the season, time to wait another3 or so months before the new one >.<
Great ep though.

Palamon
30th April 2008, 1:02 AM
I Think it was wrong for paul to battle his chimchar into using blaze in this episode

Tri hawk
3rd May 2008, 2:59 PM
This episode, and Glory blaze has had some the best writing and battling I've seen a long time! The only downside is that the season ended. Beside that minor inconvenience -this is a superb episode! 10/10

Cazak
16th June 2008, 4:08 PM
Sorry for being so unknowlegeable, but I can't seem to get what a Soothe Bell actually does. I didn't play any Poke'mon games besides those on PC, so I am not really sure what the item does. From what i've read from previous posts, I think it makes a Poke'mon happy or calms it down or something. Help me out here someone.

wobbanut
28th August 2008, 2:23 AM
Thank God that Chimchar ends up with Ash. After the way it's been treated by Paul, at least it went to a trainer that could appreciate it and encourage it. Paul may be a cool character, but it's really hard to try and like him. I also like when Team Rocket try to steal Chimchar and Jessie offers it a spot in the motto. LOL

Too bad that things end so abruptly for Brock and Holly, but at least they ended on an optimistic note, with Holly vowing to do better. I hope she returns, I really like her. :)

DanChimchar
6th October 2008, 10:26 PM
Hopefully Ash gives that Soothe Bell to Dawn or Brock so they can evolve there Pokemon.
Anyways great episode love the battle Brock and Girl Vs Ash and Paul.
A great episode

DanChimchar
6th October 2008, 10:27 PM
Hopefully Ash gives that Soothe Bell to Dawn or Brock so they can evolve there Pokemon.
Anyways great episode love the battle Brock and Girl Vs Ash and Paul.
A great episode

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 9:41 PM
I felt so bad for Chimchar during the entire episode. Paul made it attack, Ash, for heaven's sake! I'm glad we have an intervention... finally :P

I was also impressed at the story of how Paul & Chimchar met... it was a little heavy, but it's nicer than the fluffier meetings we have.

Also, great battle ^^ Turtwig worked so hard for Ash & Chimchar. That Zangoose was scary beyond all reason; no wonder Chimchar was stressed, lol.

Oh, but the end... I kinda teared up a little ^^; I felt so bad for Chimchar, but seeing Ash extend a hand of friendship... it was so beautiful! ;~;

Shiny qwilfish of doom
14th November 2008, 8:48 AM
turtwig did great in protecting chimchar. They nearly lost that battle. I also thought it was interesting how paul and chimchar met.

Torpoleon
19th November 2008, 11:42 PM
Of course Ash and Paul win.Of course Paul doesn't care about th soothe bell.

Igottapoo
21st January 2009, 10:31 AM
Hm a pretty good battle. Poor Staravia, depicted as so weak. =(

Rommath
31st January 2009, 5:36 PM
This was a very interesting episode. I thought it was well done, the flashback of Paul and Chimchar meeting was a bit tense, but it showed why Chimchar has such a fear and hatred of Zangoose, like Seviper does, and how it got onto Paul's team. Turtwig was great, helping Chimchar throughout the battle when Paul gave up on it. It was inevitable that Paul would release it, I think he was also expecting Ash to take it himself, judging by the way he acted.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 3:13 PM
hm, this was a great episode in my opinion, it had a nice battle in it.

milenadrg
2nd May 2009, 11:25 AM
Those battles were great, especially when Croagunk was fighting Torterra... It was nice seeing Ash adopting Chimchar and Elekid evoloving. And at the end when Paul threw Bell he won at Ash:o, hm I exepted something like that from a guy like him...

Littlemyuu
12th June 2009, 11:56 PM
Great episode ^^ Paul is so cool...

S.Suikun
11th July 2009, 1:23 AM
Thank goodness. I'm done.

This is a fantastic end to the tag battle arc, as well as a fantastic season finale for you dub viewers. Both prominent battles here are excellent, particularly Satoshi vs. Hikari. Each partner continues to satisfy (except Honoka, who leaves prematurely), while the animation and BGM teams really pull this one off nicely. Of course, perhaps the most notable element of this episode is Hikozaru, who after 49 episodes of speculated foreshadowing (okay, most idiots thought it would go to Takeshi, but I'm not "most idiots"), joins the main group. The monkey would have a rough but very developed start in the group, and I honestly enjoy it much more for its story than its battling roles.

Elekid evolving was also a nice and unexpected turn. Shinji concludes this season just as good as he was when first introduced, and it's easy to see why fans get excited over his appearances. If I have a gripe about this episode, it's Honoka leaving early for no apparent reason. It makes me think that the writers had some future plan for her, but never followed through. I also feel as though the Soothe Bells have been forgotten by the time of this posting. But minor long-term quips aside, this is one of Diamond & pearl's finest outings. If anybody has actually been using my grades as their viewing guide for whatever insane reason, watch this entire arc.

A

Well, that concludes my two-month rewatching session of DP: Season 1. Was the waste of 25 hours really worth it? Probably not, but it was good to get a refresher on some of these episodes as we approach its conclusion. I'm not gonna start on Battle Dimension any time soon, but I hope the first 51 serious reviews I've ever written are some help to those of you hoping to jump back into the series with Diamond & Pearl, guiding you to both the cream and the crap.

STICKTOPIA
20th July 2009, 1:42 AM
Great episode ^^ Paul is so cool... Great episode ^^ Paul is so not cool...

Banana_Split
20th July 2009, 9:45 AM
This is a great episode. The last tag battle with Paul + Ash vs. Dawn + Conway was one of the few battles who are in my opinion really exciting. The attacks were not too simple and there was really thought about. One of the best episodes from Diamond & Pearl season 1.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 12:38 PM
Great episode, i loved how Elekid evolved.

And Ash getting a Chimchar was great for him, espacially because it has special force.

9/10

Lorde
17th January 2010, 2:38 AM
Yeah so Chimchar decided to join Ash and Co. and there are a few sad moments when Chimchar is about to cry but then....Team Rocket STRIKES! Always ruining the moment, these guys :/

I never thought I'd see Brock fighting against Ash, ever. But it was refreshing at least. Then Conway and Dawn versus Ash and Paul, and Conway actually has some nice strategies in mind :p

Liked that at least Paul got something; his Elekid evolved making it a threat to Ash. 9/10

JohnLee
19th January 2010, 7:51 PM
Yeah so Chimchar decided to join Ash and Co. and there are a few sad moments when Chimchar is about to cry but then....Team Rocket STRIKES! Always ruining the moment, these guys :/

I never thought I'd see Brock fighting against Ash, ever. But it was refreshing at least. Then Conway and Dawn versus Ash and Paul, and Conway actually has some nice strategies in mind :p

Liked that at least Paul got something; his Elekid evolved making it a threat to Ash. 9/10

Yep, he ended up getting exactly what he wanted through the process. Elekid becoming stronger by evolution. It was a nice season finale with Ash finally getting chimchar.

KGB13
6th March 2010, 4:49 PM
This was such a great episode. I'm glad Chimchar went with Ash because Paul was just way too hard on it. The battles were also really good, I love tournaments in the anime.

saar
8th July 2010, 3:09 PM
Here we are, the last episode of season 10.
Conway will always be remembered for me as a good trainer with great tactics. With Dawn their combination was very good, until Elekid evolved, of course. Then, they couldn't really do something. Especially Buizel.

wind21
9th July 2010, 12:00 AM
The conclusion of the Tag Battle tournament is Paul's chance to shine, after being completely out-classed and out-battled by Ash in the previous two episodes. In both battles so far, Paul has been ready to essentially concede, first with ordering Chimchar to use flame wheel against Rhydon's surf (though I do think this command suits Paul's battling style) and second his turning away as Chimchar succumbed to its fear during the battle with Zangoose. Ash has come to the rescue both times, first using Pikachu's iron tail in an imaginative way against Rhydon and second imploring a badly damaged Turtwig to assist Chimchar. Ash also finishes the second battle by commanding Chimchar when Paul refuses to, and after the battle, Paul releases Chimchar. Ash asks Chimchar if it wants to come with him, and this episode starts off with Chimchar accepting.

For the next round match against Brock and girl COTD, Ash chooses Staravia while Paul, interestingly, goes with Torterra. The trainers call out their first attacks in near unison, with Ash, in his excitement to battle Brock, going for an Aerial Ace against Croagunk. I remember when I first watched this and having seen the previous 2 episodes in the same sitting, getting excited by Ash's attitude and wondering just what strategy Ash would use against Brock. Well, Paul is the last to call out his attack in the sequence, and he orders Hyper Beam (another Hyper Beamer, I remember thinking). Torterra launches the Hyper Beam....and watching it is like getting ice water thrown on you. The Hyper Beam blasts through the air, disrupts Staravia off its Aerial Ace, and explodes into Farfetched, knocking it out. Unbelievable moment, especially coming in the context of the last 2 episodes where Ash has looked like the superior trainer to Paul. Brock tries to take advantage of the aftereffects of the hyper beam by having Croagunk attack, but Torterra recovers without too much trouble and Leaf Storms Croagunk for another knockout. The difference in power is just stunning after the close battles that Ash and Paul have been involved in so far in this tournament. In fact, Croagunk vs Torterra has a very similar feel to Cynthia's Garchomp vs Torterra.

Ash congratulates Staravia, causing Paul to ask what exactly did Staravia do? At first, this just looks like a rude, mean question from Paul, but I actually think he is being serious here. Paul pulled out what may have been his best Pokemon for this battle, and for the first time he fought solely to win rather than looking for training conditions (I should tell that to Turtwig, right? Turtwig would like to know how getting Flame Wheeled had anything to do with Chimchar's training). Torterra does all of the work in winning the battle, and still Ash praises Staravia. It is something Paul just cannot understand, and the fact that he is asking (well, I'm looking at it this way, but I understand this could just as easily be interpreted as an insult) shows he's really starting to respect Ash.

The final is the first battle in this tournament to lack the League atmosphere for me, but it still is really fun to watch. Ash and Paul, and Conway pull off some neat moves, with Dawn pretty much listening to Conway's instructions. Chimchar's flame grows in the battle w/o being hit by fire type moves, and its increase in power is demonstrated by its flamethrower able to keep Buizel at bay midway through the battle after being overpowered at the start. Ash is already starting to connect with Chimchar.

Paul's Elekid evolves into Electabuzz, causing Conway's first error in strategy as he decides to attack head on. This gives Ash the opening he's been looking for, as Chimchar finally connects with a Flamethrower. Electabuzz nails Buizel with a Thunder, and that is pretty much the match. Ash tells Paul how important his Elekid's evolution was for the battle, which is a sign of some respect from Ash. Paul, in turn, makes a remark that Chimchar is not strong enough as its flamethrower should have instantly beaten Heracross (after being Thundered, Buizel collided with the flaming Heracross, causing an explosion that provided the finishing touch). But Ash smiles it off, saying Chimchar is for him. As Brock remarked at the start of the battle, Ash was trying to make a pt to Paul by choosing Chimchar. And I think maybe this is it in a nutshell: Chimchar's flamethrower is not as strong as a flamethrower should/could be, but that is still okay with Ash. I don't think, when Paul made the remark, that he really expected Ash to release Chimchar. It's another question, or sign of respect, from Paul (although he certainly is not satisfied with Ash's answer; and there is no reason to be at this pt).

Well, that's the Tag Battle arc.

I'm going to hold off going on to the next season until the next episode of the Sinnoh League airs. Part of that is b/c I'm not so familiar with those episodes; all of the ones I've done in this season I've been able to do mostly from memory with some help from the pictures. I'll actually need to re-watch the episodes for the next season.
Also, a new episode about the Sinnoh League will be great inspiration heading forward.

Sorry, one more thing. The winner(s) of the second side competition for our heroes is Ash (and Paul). The first was the dress-up competition, won by Brock.

Lance The Champ
2nd December 2010, 12:59 PM
Paul's torterra knocked out both wingull and croagunk with one hit each... Now thats pure power

G50
27th April 2011, 12:36 PM
This episode was very cool. It was great to see that Chimchar decided to join Ash after all. Interesting how the Tag battle ended up being Elekid and Chimchar together. It was cool to see Elekid evolve into Electabuzz, and then being able to finish off the opponents and win the battle. I'm glad Ash got the Sooth Bells after all. It was cool how Torterra was able to take down Brock and the girl's Pokemon because it was so strong.

99/100

TheEpicGoomba
7th May 2011, 4:03 PM
This episode was alos awsome. Great to see Ash use Chimchar for the first time. It was cool seeing Elekid evolve I love Electabuzz. Paul was mean when he threw the Sooth bell at Ash 10/10