PDA

View Full Version : Judaism Club

fuzyfuz
6th November 2007, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the Judaism club (Approved!). Here you can talk about anything about Judaism! Here are the rules
-All serebii forum rules apply.
-Respect other members.
-Don't post if you're not a member .
-If you put a club banner in your sig, give credit.
-Type so that people can understand you.
-To join, fill out this form.

What temple do you go to?:
What kind of Jew are you?:
Why do you like Judaism?:

If you are not Jewish, but want to join, fill out this form:
Do you know anyone Jewish?:
What do you like about Judaism?:

I will use the three strike system. I do not want to ban you.

The next Jewish Holiday is.... HANNUKAH! On December 5th.

Contest: Make Club Ranks
Contest: Make Hannukah art

Members
Owner: Fuzyfuz

Co owners:

Members:
Tobi(is a good kid)
ThousandMaster
Scizto92
Psychic
simonferno125
crobatman
asdfghjkl
Tyranitar103

Please join!

Tobi (is a good kid)
7th November 2007, 3:08 AM
Shalom! I guess I'm the first guy to sign up here:

I go to Temple Judea in Los Angeles.

I am a reformed Jew, but I'm studying the laws of the Orthodox in school.

I like Judaism because it is small, unique, and one of the first religions besides idol worship. And through all of the massacre and prejudice, we have survived.

Oh, and can I be co-owner please? I know a lot about the Talmud and the Torah, maybe i could be in charge of Jewish law. Please?

Shalom, v'Lhitraot!

fuzyfuz
7th November 2007, 3:14 AM
Well, no co- owners yet- You are the first member! Shalom Chaverim! I have a topic I guess. Have you ever been to a Jewish camp? I've gone to a place called Osrui. It was great there. I went tubing, and when I got home, my parents got a huge suprise! I had a terrible cold. (Probably caught it from my friend who went there when I did. Our temple decides which families we have our events with- our Chaverah- and he is my best friend in our Chaverah.)It was great though.

P.S.
Yes! I have a club!

ThousandMaster
7th November 2007, 4:05 AM
I'd like to join, if that's all right. I attend Congregation Beth Ami at home, but as I'm away at college (yes, I'm a college student who likes pokemon. Get used to it.) I'm currently just attending the campus's Hillel. I'm technically in the conservative sect of Judaism, but sects don't really matter that much to me, save for the uber-extreme ones.

What I like most about Judaism is the moral values I've gained from it. It's not about the commandments or anything like that, I'm talking about just doing mitzvot for the sake of doing good - not for any rewards or the like, but because it's the right thing to do. I've gained a strong moral basis from Judaism, and it's worked quite well for me.

I'd also like to second Tobi's statement about survival. No matter what the world throws at us, we live on and continue to thrive. As the grandchild of a Holocaust survivor, I know how important it is that we keep the faith alive, so I have confidence that the Jewish people will continue to thrive.

Scizito_92
7th November 2007, 4:11 AM
I'd like to join. Judaism ftw! :D

I'm a reformed Jew, but I don't go to any Shul's yet because we just moved to where we live and we're still scoping around for places. I like Judaism mainly for the community and people. Also, what ThousandMaster said, the moral values I learned from it. It's hard to do everything, but I'm trying. :)

-Shalom!
(Btw, has anyone here been to Israel? Israel's a fun place. I became much better in my Y'vrit. :))

Psychic
7th November 2007, 5:30 AM
Seems a bit unfair that only Jews can join the Jewish club - strange, I know, but sometimes there are people who aren't Jewish (or who don't go to shul) but are still interested in Judaism or in a way still consider themselves to be a Jew.

Anyhow, I figure I'll join - the Jewish club always needs as many members as it can get just to stay alive. ><

What temple do you go to?: For privacy's sake I'd prefer not to say, but because the one I go to is four congragations all made into one I don't really remember the name, so I wouldn't be able to tell you anyway.
What kind of Jew are you?: More or less Conservative. We don't always eat kosher or say all the prayers at the Shabbat table, but we always go to shul for the shalosh regalim at the very least, and we practice all the holidays to the best of our extent.
Why do you like Judaism?: I suppose the fact that it's one of the few religions that sanctifies life over all else, and to allow one person to die is like losing an entire world. The stress on being a good person and doing the right thing, even if it means doing something against the religion, is pretty amazing. ^^

As for Jewish summer camps, I've attended two: the first one I attended for four years and it was god-awful (it recently closed down, actually). The second, YCC, is pretty well-known, and I went there for one and a half years. :P

(Btw, has anyone here been to Israel? Israel's a fun place. I became much better in my Y'vrit. :))
Twice, actually: once in grade 9 for five glorious weeks over the summer, and then for the March of the Living (one week in Poland and one week in Israel). Returning there after two years had been like getting a drink of water after a hike through the desert! I was sooooo happy to be back, because Israel is easily one of my favourite places in the entire world. :D

~Psychic

fuzyfuz
7th November 2007, 1:21 PM
Welcome everyone! I guess non- Jews can join, i just wantted to make this club- kind of like the countere part of Christian Alliance. Anyway, I have not gone to israel, but many of my friend have. I got some suvoneers!

Tobi (is a good kid)
7th November 2007, 2:10 PM
I haven't been to Israel yet, but I plan to this summer actually. As for the camps, I've been to threee different ones: Camp Heskremer, Camp Tawonga, and Camp Ramah.

ThousandMaster
7th November 2007, 6:08 PM
I wish to visit Israel some time, if I ever find the opportunity. Everyone I know who's managed to take a trip there says it's simply an amazing experience, so I would like to eventually go there.

As for camps, I haven't gone to a Jewish Camp since I was in elementary school, and that was just a day camp. However, the Jewish Youth Groups I've been in (and on the board of) have gone on many trips, including a couple camping trips. That doesn't especially count, but it's better than nothing.

fuzyfuz
7th November 2007, 9:37 PM
Topic- What would make the club better?

Contests? What!?

Edit: I made this Dreidel thing..:http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3842/arequestcc6.png (http://imageshack.us)

Scizito_92
8th November 2007, 12:24 AM
Yay Dreidels. Speaking of Driedels, Chanukkah is on the 5th of December this year.

I think it would be good to have an update list of holidays. It'll keep the thread alive, and it will be related to the thread.

fuzyfuz
8th November 2007, 12:38 AM
OKay... and you double posted- please delete one.
Anyways, I will add the next holiday on the first post( Besides shabbat).

Tobi (is a good kid)
21st November 2007, 3:51 PM
Umm, fuzyfuz, maybe this could be a culturally educational thing for those who don't know much about Judaism? Like, some of us could put a fact in each of our posts or something. As for Hannukah, we could do a contest of a sort. Like the contest could be...umm...a trivia question or something? I'm stumped for ideas.

fuzyfuz
21st November 2007, 4:38 PM
Okay. How bout we all tell a part of the story of hannukah. I guess. Maybe we can make like a art contest like I did. I think we will do that.
Contest(there are 2) Create club ranks. Second, create Hannukah art!

Universe Chaser
21st November 2007, 5:24 PM
Man, this is going to be so cool! Back to the drawing board!

Oh, and fuzyfuz, can you give me the ink to that userbar? I want to put it in my sig.

fuzyfuz
21st November 2007, 5:52 PM
Well, for creativity how about you click on it, use the website and make your own?

Which brings me to this: I might be inactive, for I am going to michigan, but probably not.Also, dont forget to advetise the club!

Tobi (is a good kid)
22nd November 2007, 3:11 PM
O.K., will do. And fuzyfuz, I have come up with some ranks for the club. These are from highest to lowest:

Forefather
Prophet
Kohen
Rabbi
Congregation Member

fuzyfuz
23rd November 2007, 2:14 AM
well, I ment images..

Tobi (is a good kid)
23rd November 2007, 5:04 PM
WHat do you mean?

fuzyfuz
24th November 2007, 1:51 AM
Never mind... Also, Shabbat shalom!

Tobi (is a good kid)
24th November 2007, 6:17 PM
Fuzyfuz, thanks to Eonmaster, we have a userbar!
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa89/eonmaster_457/request55.png
I have to get off the computer now, my mom's gonna kill me if she catches me on the computer on Shabbat.

~Shabbat Shalom~

{()___()}
24th November 2007, 10:28 PM
Hi, can I join?

What temple do you go to?: I only go to temple on the High Holidays, I'm not very religious.
What kind of Jew are you?: Not religious at all(thats why im posting on Shabbat), but i live with my mom and grandparents, and my grandparents are religious, so i celebrate all the holidays.
Why do you like Judaism?: Cause I'm Jewish, why else?

fuzyfuz
25th November 2007, 2:45 AM
Welcome simonferno125! Advertise the club! Tobi, I'm assuming the userbar is in your sig. It appears as a re X though. I like the userbar though!

Tobi (is a good kid)
25th November 2007, 6:57 AM
Umm, I don't mean to be rude, but I think you just double posted. Anyway, I'm wondering myself why the userbar was posted in the message, but not in my sig. Hmm...I'd better investigate this.

fuzyfuz
25th November 2007, 2:44 PM
your not rude, it happens to everyone. In fact, Todah Robah! I didn't notice it! I'll check out eonmaster's shop for clues why it is'nt working.

crobatman
25th November 2007, 3:07 PM
Non-jews can join?

I would like to join then. I have friends that are messianic jews. They are christian and jewish.

fuzyfuz
25th November 2007, 3:20 PM
Sure, but can you wait? I'm thinking I should make a form for non- Jews. I'll add it to the first post.

Edit: done with that! just fill out the form, and you're in(assuming you do it right!)

{()___()}
25th November 2007, 8:12 PM
Ok, thanks for joining me!

PS. i changed my sig to advertise.

fuzyfuz
26th November 2007, 3:40 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

crobatman
26th November 2007, 5:42 AM
Do you know anyone Jewish?: I have two friends and coworkers that are messianic jews.
That means they believe in Jesus, and go to church in stead of temple. Yet they practice eating Kosher, and do hannukah in stead of Christmas.
What do you like about Judaism?: It's roots are the foundation of Christianity. Also, Jesus was a Jew.

Is hannukah more of a cultural holiday than a religious holiday, or is it a mixture of both?

fuzyfuz
26th November 2007, 1:40 PM
Welcome to the club! And hannukah was supposed to be religuos, but when people started comparing it to christmas, it became cultural.

{()___()}
28th November 2007, 5:04 AM
oh yeah, tobi/legend hunter, could you pm me the link to that userbar? thanks.

fuzyfuz
28th November 2007, 9:46 PM
New topic. What do you want for Hannukah?

I wanted Brawl, but obviously, cant get it :(

So I dont know really.

asdfghjkl
28th November 2007, 10:46 PM
I want to join!

Who do I know Jewish- You Jordan!
What do you like about Judaism?: I've been to your house on shabbat and I love It! Especially challah.. *drools*

fuzyfuz
28th November 2007, 10:49 PM
Sure bud! welcome to the club.

This post has a duel purpose- Everyone! Join! Post!

The Baron of Fate
28th November 2007, 11:41 PM
may i join?

What temple do you go to?: Temple Beth-el
What kind of Jew are you?: the most reformed kind...
Why do you like Judaism?: im UNIQUE! (and the gelt! i love gelt...)

oh and hi everyone!

fuzyfuz
28th November 2007, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the club! Advertise and stay active!

{()___()}
29th November 2007, 1:53 AM
For chanukah, i want super mario galaxy.

but i might get it for my birthday. it's only 1 week away!

fuzyfuz
29th November 2007, 3:49 AM
Well soon happy b-day.

I have super mario galxy-- its great!

{()___()}
30th November 2007, 5:01 AM
Well soon happy b-day.

I have super mario galxy-- its great!

thanks.

and i rented galaxy at blockbuster. its the best!

fuzyfuz
30th November 2007, 1:40 PM
*Sigh* do'nt you love talking off topic? Well anyways. Lets have some stories. How many of you actually say the shm'a before bed?

{()___()}
1st December 2007, 5:28 AM
Sometimes, but not that often.

The Baron of Fate
1st December 2007, 5:33 AM
never...sigh...
oh, and 4 DAYS TILL CHANUKKAH!!!!!

also, we need to make club ranks, right? we should pick pokemon that look sorta jewish, and use them as ranks.

fuzyfuz
1st December 2007, 1:23 PM
Or make them jewish- M'r Mime could be Jewish, the rabbi, Jynx is Cantor. Du nsparce could be the hallah LOL

{()___()}
1st December 2007, 6:11 PM
We should have a club mascot. We could all nominate a pokemon, and then vote.

fuzyfuz
1st December 2007, 6:45 PM
What is the p9oint? unless we Jewify it...

{()___()}
1st December 2007, 10:20 PM
yeah, thats what i was getting at. If we get a spriter to join the club, they can "jewify" whatever the pokemon is. They could put a kipa and a talit on it.

fuzyfuz
1st December 2007, 10:24 PM
Im a spriter- Im on it.

{()___()}
1st December 2007, 10:51 PM
ok, so what pokemon should it be? Maybe everyone in the club can vote.

Edit: I have an idea! Chalom the chimecho! it kinda looks like a talit, so we can recolor it blue and white and put a kipa on the little chime thing.

Tobi (is a good kid)
2nd December 2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry I haven't posted in so long. Simon, I agree with you completely. But instead of just Chimecho, we could have a pokemon wearing it! Say, how about Abomasnow? He always struck me as Jewish. Oh, and here's the link to that userbar:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a.../request55.png

fuzyfuz
2nd December 2007, 1:17 AM
I was working on mr mime.

Suppose.. Heh I have an Idea!

{()___()}
2nd December 2007, 2:37 AM
but sam, wouldn't it kinda be a weird idea to have a pokemon wearing another pokemon as a mascot? Anyway, Abomasnow is the least jewish pokemon there is! It's a christmas tree, for god's sake.

and the link doesnt work.

Tobi (is a good kid)
3rd December 2007, 2:14 PM
It is? *Stares at Pokedex for a few minutes* Oh. Well, I guess so.

IT DOESN'T?! THEN HOW COME IT APPEARED IN MY POST?!

{()___()}
4th December 2007, 5:40 AM
So, what is everyone doing for hanukkah tomorrow?

fuzyfuz
4th December 2007, 1:56 PM
Dunno. I supppose opening presents. Playing dreidel. Mmmm.... Apple cider...

fuzyfuz
5th December 2007, 1:01 AM
sorry for the double post, but I mean being hannukah, it did not deserve an edit! Happy Hannukah! Sivivon sov sov sov, hannukah chug chag tov, hannukah chug chag tov,Sivivon sov sov sov! Happy hannukah!

{()___()}
5th December 2007, 4:55 AM
Yay! happy hanukkah! (and 5 hours till my birthday!!! :-D)

fuzyfuz
6th December 2007, 12:49 AM
Happy birthday! And happy hannukah! now I hjave to go do the hannukah prayers! Bye!

The Baron of Fate
6th December 2007, 1:43 AM
happy hanukkah!!!!! and ummm.....friday....till my birthday!!!!

fuzyfuz
6th December 2007, 3:04 PM
All these b-days! Happy bithday everyone. and happy hannukah!

{()___()}
8th December 2007, 9:06 AM
so, fuzyfuz, did you do the sprite yet?

fuzyfuz
9th December 2007, 4:10 PM
Nah. Whats the point. Just be proud of Judaism and that is that! Like my new banner. Arceus MAter made it but now hes gone.

fuzyfuz
22nd December 2007, 3:27 PM
Well, Sorry for the double post, but this is long overdue. How was everyones hannukah?

The Baron of Fate
22nd December 2007, 7:09 PM
i had a great hanukkah. lots of family time, and gifts

fuzyfuz
22nd December 2007, 8:10 PM
Ditto. I had some really great latkes.

{()___()}
31st December 2007, 6:20 PM
Wow, I haven't been here in a while. Well, happy last day of 2007, everyone! (I know new years is not a jewish holiday but whatever)

fuzyfuz
1st January 2008, 3:46 PM
YEah! Happy new yer. by the way... How did you change your name?