PDA

View Full Version : NickServ problems

Mecheon
9th November 2007, 8:32 AM
'Ello

Seems NickServ and me don't get along well at all, as despite flailing at it with the password I picked for the registration yesterday, it refuses to let me in

I've got no idea what's up with that. I'm pretty sure I registered using the same email address I use for everything, but I have no idea how to fenangle it into letting me find out what I did wrong

So, how do I make NickServ use the registered email address to see where I went wrong, before I flail at it until one of us break?

Ryuusei
9th November 2007, 12:35 PM
Its either that or...

Someone had registered that name or someone found out your pass and changed it.

Try a new nick.

Kirby
9th November 2007, 12:40 PM
I had a problem similar to that.

I registered the nickname Blooregard, and had it linked to all my other nicknames, and the next day my password works for all my nicknames except Blooregard. So I wait a week, and register Blooregard again because it became available, and the same thing happens.

So I went into #help and asked for an explanation, turns out one of the IRCops had that name regged previously and it expired, so when I took it he just took it back, twice.

I'd go into #help and ask, because you can't have your password sent to the email you registered it under, for some reason it doesn't work.

Mecheon
11th November 2007, 1:51 PM
Pardon delayed reply, but it turns out in my infinite stupidity I was messing the password up every single time. I had caps lock on when typing the password initially, doh

Odd about the password not being able to be sent to the email though

Thanks for the help, despite my evident stupidity from the situation