PDA

View Full Version : The Fire Emblem Club

Zora
27th November 2007, 6:42 AM
Seeing as the old one is dead (must have lost all of its HP or something. Okay, bad joke), I think a new oen is in order.

The Fire Emblem Club

Anyways, the rules are simple.

1.) Follow all standard rules, including general forum rules and club specific rules.
2.) Respect other members
3.) Do not PM or beg for special positions. You can ask "can I be *blank,* put only do it once. If I didn't say yes to begin with, I probably won't say yes again.
4.) To ensure you read the rules, say your favorite FE game in your first post. Or if you can't decide, qoute this in your first post
5.) Have fun. Yes, this is a rule. Not a general cliche overused statement that has no point in being a rule. JK. But have fun anyways.
6.) As much as you people LOVE character debates, please keep them in PM's. BTW: Meg>Ike (JK!)
7.) Just because you are a Roy fanboy who played SSBM (and not any FE game) does NOT mean you are eligible for this club.
8.) Rules are subject to change.

Anyways, as for members...

Units (Members):

Lords (Club Admins):
Zora

Recruits (Normal Members):
Blazios
BlazikenBud
fuzzyqwilfish
Pikadon92
Solstice

Dead Units (Banned Members):

Anyways, I think that is it. Also, if you could make a banner, that would be lovely. I am not picky though. So, as long as its substantial, it is good.

Anyways, I did not enjoy the FE series at first. During my first playthrough of FE7, I let my units die. Yep. Stupid me. Fastforwared. I decided to rent Path of Radiance and liked. I started to use the tactic of not letting any units die, and well I started to love the series. I have played and beaten all four US Fire Emblems, and I want to played FE1-6. Unfortunatly, I want to obtain legit copies of the games. Anyways, I am waiting to get my PoR back from a friend and then play through it for some stat bonuses in RD, and then plan on beating hard mode on RD. Than Maniac :D

Dimentio
8th December 2007, 7:44 AM
Hey, a new club! I was looking through the search screens to see if a new one was made, because I was planning on making one if now, but I was surprised to find a new FE club with no posts in it! I'll gladly join! Would it be too much to ask to be co-owner now, also?

So...favorite game...That's actually a tough one of the 4 (3 of which I've played) games released outside Japan. I think I'd have to go with FE7 though. Many of the characters were real cool, and many of my favoirites (Joshua of FE8 is my favorite though) were in it. I did find the final boss way to simple to beat, but so was FE8's final boss. All the other bosses were tough too, though, so I commend that. I also liked the story. When my friend first told me about how "cliche" FE8 is and told me of FE7, the idea of [what he described as] "A magic-user going around and killing people to use as meat puppets to fuel his dragons." seemed a bit...meh...After having played the whole way through though, I now know what he meant by how awesome the story was.

Zora
11th December 2007, 3:08 AM
Hey, a new club! I was looking through the search screens to see if a new one was made, because I was planning on making one if now, but I was surprised to find a new FE club with no posts in it! I'll gladly join! Would it be too much to ask to be co-owner now, also?

So...favorite game...That's actually a tough one of the 4 (3 of which I've played) games released outside Japan. I think I'd have to go with FE7 though. Many of the characters were real cool, and many of my favoirites (Joshua of FE8 is my favorite though) were in it. I did find the final boss way to simple to beat, but so was FE8's final boss. All the other bosses were tough too, though, so I commend that. I also liked the story. When my friend first told me about how "cliche" FE8 is and told me of FE7, the idea of [what he described as] "A magic-user going around and killing people to use as meat puppets to fuel his dragons." seemed a bit...meh...After having played the whole way through though, I now know what he meant by how awesome the story was.

Sorry about neglecting the club. Anyways...

I think the final boss of FE10 is the only hard final boss in the FE games. But I found the dragon you have to fight before it WAY harder.

But I think that FE7 has the most interesting characters. Radiant Dawn screwed itself over with the removal of the support convos, which was the primary way of character development. FE9 was good. FE8 had a lot of cliche characters, albeit Joshua was good. FE7 had the best though. The only character who was really bad was Nergal, such a pathetic villain.

Dimentio
11th December 2007, 6:58 PM
Sorry about neglecting the club. Anyways...

I think the final boss of FE10 is the only hard final boss in the FE games. But I found the dragon you have to fight before it WAY harder.

But I think that FE7 has the most interesting characters. Radiant Dawn screwed itself over with the removal of the support convos, which was the primary way of character development. FE9 was good. FE8 had a lot of cliche characters, albeit Joshua was good. FE7 had the best though. The only character who was really bad was Nergal, such a pathetic villain.

'Tis fine. I've done the same to mine, sadly, and we're the only two members here at the moment, but hopefully not for long. ^_^

Well, as said before, I've not played FE10 yet, but I've heard that the game itself is most frustrating of the series. I'm going to go ahead and assume that this dragon is a laguz though? Or is it some sort of altered laguz, like Ashnard's?

I agree, Nergal was pretty pathetic. Though I did admire his underlings a lot more, I had more trouble with those (Specifically Lloyd and his level overall). I liked how it shows many of the characters in the beginning of the game, while Lyn is on her quest to avenge her grandfather, and then seeing those same units later on, and how they've survived the time between stories. I liked the lords of FE7 most, too. Ephraim was alright, Ike was pretty awesome, but all of FE7's lords were cool, although I liked watching Ike mature through the game more, each of the FE7 lords had their own personality all their own. I liked that more.

Zora
14th December 2007, 4:55 AM
'Tis fine. I've done the same to mine, sadly, and we're the only two members here at the moment, but hopefully not for long. ^_^

Well, as said before, I've not played FE10 yet, but I've heard that the game itself is most frustrating of the series. I'm going to go ahead and assume that this dragon is a laguz though? Or is it some sort of altered laguz, like Ashnard's?

Laguz, but it stays transformed. The game isn't frustrating. You can just die a lot on normal mode or harder (in the American version, they removed the Japanese easy mode, so only normal, hard, and maniac exist. Normal mode is actually the Japanese hard mode). But even then, it will only be frustrating for those new to Fire Emblem. I died a lot, but it wasn't frustrating. Especially since 98% of those deaths were poor decisions I made.

I agree, Nergal was pretty pathetic. Though I did admire his underlings a lot more, I had more trouble with those (Specifically Lloyd and his level overall). I liked how it shows many of the characters in the beginning of the game, while Lyn is on her quest to avenge her grandfather, and then seeing those same units later on, and how they've survived the time between stories. I liked the lords of FE7 most, too. Ephraim was alright, Ike was pretty awesome, but all of FE7's lords were cool, although I liked watching Ike mature through the game more, each of the FE7 lords had their own personality all their own. I liked that more.

His underlings were really good. I found Sonia to be interesting. A tad cliche, but interesting nonetheless. Out of the FE7 lords, I did not care for Eliwood. Just way too forgetable. Hector has a great personality, and Lyn is fine.

I think my favorite scene involving characters was in chapter 26 (I think, the one where you get Jaffar), after you recruit Nino, and talk to Jaffar. The music and the dialogue just fit perfectly with the time and place. And there was so much going on in that chapter, with the Prince of Bern left defenseless, Jaffar trying to save Nino, and Nino trying to absorb everything at once. Truely a beatiful scene with all the choas. I just remeber that one really well.

Actually, I am playing through FE7 now. I am thinking of using these characters: I am on Hector NORMAL mode. I am on chapter 16 (15 in Eli's mode)

Kent (Level 15, thanks to Lyn mode)
Guy (Like level 6)
Matthew (Level 12ish, horrid strength though)
Hector (Level 12 too)
Eliwood (Level 8 I believe)
Lucius (terrible level 5, and still haven't rerecruited her yet)
Oswin (Level 12ish)
Pent (have yet to recruit)
Raven (Have yet to recruit)

This may be too many characters though. And perhaps I should have trained Lyn and used her instead of Guy, since she is very similiar to a swordmaster. But I prefer Guy. Anyways, does this look good?

Dimentio
18th December 2007, 3:30 AM
His underlings were really good. I found Sonia to be interesting. A tad cliche, but interesting nonetheless. Out of the FE7 lords, I did not care for Eliwood. Just way too forgetable. Hector has a great personality, and Lyn is fine.

I think my favorite scene involving characters was in chapter 26 (I think, the one where you get Jaffar), after you recruit Nino, and talk to Jaffar. The music and the dialogue just fit perfectly with the time and place. And there was so much going on in that chapter, with the Prince of Bern left defenseless, Jaffar trying to save Nino, and Nino trying to absorb everything at once. Truely a beatiful scene with all the choas. I just remeber that one really well.

Actually, I am playing through FE7 now. I am thinking of using these characters: I am on Hector NORMAL mode. I am on chapter 16 (15 in Eli's mode)

Kent (Level 15, thanks to Lyn mode)
Guy (Like level 6)
Matthew (Level 12ish, horrid strength though)
Hector (Level 12 too)
Eliwood (Level 8 I believe)
Lucius (terrible level 5, and still haven't rerecruited her yet)
Oswin (Level 12ish)
Pent (have yet to recruit)
Raven (Have yet to recruit)

This may be too many characters though. And perhaps I should have trained Lyn and used her instead of Guy, since she is very similiar to a swordmaster. But I prefer Guy. Anyways, does this look good?

Okay, it's good to hear that the game isn't going to be just one frustrating experience, but more of a challenge. That's what I've been looking for in a game lately, many other games have just been too easy. Although seeing as most of your deaths were due to poor decisions, I expect the same amount of mine to be for the same reason then. xD I tend to move a unit without looking beyond just what lies in front of me. Most of my deaths are due to taking a risk and having one unit with few health left take a beating from some enemies.

I thought Sonia was pretty cool, I loved how she ties into Nino, Jaffar and the Reed family's past, that was pretty cool. I'd have liked to see a bit more of Ephidel, though. His death was a bit meaningless if you ask me. Of the Black Fang units though, I think Ursula was coolest. She came across pretty nice at first, but then ended up being cold and ruthless.

I can't remember many parts of Fire Emblem by chapter number...that's the one where you need to defend Zephiel from Ursula's units in the fog of war, right?

My personal favorite stage from FE7 would probably be either the level where you kill Darin at Dread Isle, or Lloyd's battle (I haven't battled Linus, so I dunno if the field looks different). The battle at Dread Isle was very strategic, having many rooms to go through, and essentially recruiting Legault and sapping the stage of all experience. Plus, the cynical end of Nergal's first set of plans was very nice to see. The Dragon Gate destroying Ephidel (Although very meaningless) was pretty funny, and the potential Dragon death also made me just want to laugh at Nergal's bad luck. Lloyd's battle, on the other hand (Although being difficult) was very fun to go through. I like battles where you need to split up yoor party into groups, it gives you more things to strategise about over if you should bring ranged units, if magic units are down a certain path, etc. And the big layout of this battle was pretty cool, plus they were almost all upgraded units you had to fight at that point.

As far as your party goes, I think you should take out Pent and Kent firstly. You may think otherwise as far as Kent goes (Being a good mounted unit), but you do have a lot of Sword units in that party, so perhaps add in Dart to the mix? Dart seemed to be a strong unit for me, and the ability to move on water is a good ability to have. As for Pent though, I don't really like using units that are recruited as upgraded classes much, mainly because there's less room for improvement, but Pent is a good choice if you do want to go with an upgraded unit. If not, Canas is just totally unmatched as far as magical usefulness goes. Being the only unit to use Dark Magic and ending up as a pretty beastly unit, he's kinda hard to say no to. And if you need another unit to possibly add into your party, one of the Pegasus Knights or Wil/Rebecca are good choices. You don't have any Pegasus Knights, nor do you have any Ranged units.

pikadon92
21st December 2007, 10:15 AM
Can I join in too? I've played FE7 and FE8 already.
I've screwed up FE7 though, although I've beaten the game. About half of the characters were either killed off or missed through and I didn't get any A-supports at the end.
FE8, is at least an improvement, only 3 died and missed one.

Blazios
21st December 2007, 10:24 AM
May I join? My favourite game so far is FE 9. I've beaten 7, 8 and 9 so far but am hoping to get 10 soon.

BlazikenBud
21st December 2007, 10:28 AM
Seeing as I was in the old one, I guess I'll join.
My favourite one was easily 8. It was almost 2 games as you get to pick two different routes, you could pick two class ups and the plot was easily the best.

PS: Angry caterpie made a Fire emblem RP. Everyone go join so that we can start as soon as possible. XD

Solstice
21st December 2007, 11:25 AM
I wanna rejoin.

4.) To ensure you read the rules, say your favorite FE game in your first post.
Hard one. I've beaten 7, 8 and 9. I think that I like 9 the most. It's the only one that I've beaten multiple times (4 or 5 times). It's not too hard and not too easy. 8 was too easy, 7 was a bit hard and 6 is even harder. I'm currently not playing FE, because I wanna beat some other games first. I still wanna try to beat 6 and 7 (Hector mode). And of course I can't wait for FE10 and FE11 to come out in Europe.

My favorite chars are the cute female chars of course. And magic users, pegasus/falcon knights and sword masters statwise. Sages are just too good. They can attack from 1 to 10 spaces, they are good at avoiding, the opponents usually have low resistance and magic is just cool. If that isn't enought yet, they can also use staves! Falcon knights are fast and always female, I like that. Swordmasters can't fly over mountains and water, but they do have that nice crit bonus.
I also like archers, including nomads. They can't melee attack, which makes them quite strategic.

Dimentio
22nd December 2007, 3:16 AM
Yay (And wow)! 4 more members joined since the last time I came here, now we can really get some Fire Emblem discussion on! Although I must say, Zora, it was interesting and nice to have a good one-on-one comversation with you about Fire Emblem, I enjoyed it a lot. :)

Solstice
24th December 2007, 2:07 AM
I want to start a new game on PoR and try to beat it with using magic users as much as possible. If I have the time for it of course. I also wanted to beat the game on hard mode.

Zora
25th December 2007, 5:16 AM
Members above are approved. Sorry about my late response...

Dimentio
26th December 2007, 5:07 AM
Right, well now that we've got members here, I believe it's time for discussion of Fire Emblem...*ahem*

Well I just got FERD today. Haven't opened it (And thus, not played it). About a week or so ago, I went and looked online about some more info for Fire Emblem I may have missed (Support convos, etc), and only ended up finding little tidbits I missed from previous games, none of which I remember now. :/

That's 'bout it.

Hakajin
4th April 2008, 4:49 AM
Oh, I'd like to join. I've played every Fire Emblem released in the US, except Radiant Dawn (don't have a Wii yet), plus Fuuin No Tsurugi. Right now, I'm working on that and getting all the SCs in Stones. I finished doing that recently in Rekka no Ken. Man, was that hard...

Legendary Warrior
4th April 2008, 11:38 PM
Please may i join

I have no Games of it never played it either

But my favorite Character is Marth from Super Smash bros.. thats how i came to like Fire Emblem

My favorite game is Radiant Dawn because its on Wii

zarb
6th April 2008, 8:00 PM
can i join ive played Fire Emblem Sacred stones im not sure what one that is...?

Hakajin
12th April 2008, 7:07 AM
So, has everyone heard about the Fire Emblem game that's coming on the DS? It's still a working title, but it's a remake of the first Fire Emblem. That's right- this game does in fact have Marth in it (but not Roy). There isn't even a release date for Japan yet, but we should get it evenutally.

Sapphire Phoenix
13th April 2008, 10:50 AM
Can I join? I was a member of the old club but it died! *cries*

Favorite FE game: Tie between PoR and RD. I did get Sacred Stones first, but my units kept on dying and I began to dislike Fire Emblem because of that. But Path of Radiance was the first one of the four that I managed to beat. Thus, I was determined to beat all the other English Fire Emblem games (which I have). Yep, PoR was my spark for the series. RD was just an improvement of it.

Hakajin
21st April 2008, 6:54 AM
Really? I'd say PoT is my least favorite. I mean, I still loved it, but not in the way that I loved the GBA FEs. It just... wasn't the same somehow. Plus I hated it that there were no special endings or SC theater. I am looking forward to getting a Wii and RD, though. That one has those features I so missed...

DawnFan
22nd April 2008, 3:14 AM
Um may I join, my favorite FE game is FE8 (4 now at least)

Sapphire Phoenix
26th April 2008, 11:44 PM
Really? I'd say PoT is my least favorite. I mean, I still loved it, but not in the way that I loved the GBA FEs. It just... wasn't the same somehow. Plus I hated it that there were no special endings or SC theater. I am looking forward to getting a Wii and RD, though. That one has those features I so missed...

Well, at first I didn't like PoR but, for some weird reason, I was attracted to it more than SS. Maybe it was the plot, or maybe it was the characters, but for whatever reason it was I was determined to see it through.

Zora
27th April 2008, 12:28 AM
Okay, I may or may add the want-to-be members depending on if this thread can stay open. It was bumped after being a few months old, so ya. I will PM a MOD about this, and proceed depending on the response

Medea
27th April 2008, 8:55 AM
WTF was this not noticed?

Bumping threads is wrong. It died four months ago, why the hell did y'all go and revive it. In the great words of Napoleon Dynamite..."IDIOT!"

But feel free to make a new one.

*closed*