PDA

View Full Version : The Nicknaming Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

EnragedSwalot
11th August 2012, 4:57 PM
A funny nickname, in my opinion, is naming an exploud "My Boss". get it?
Generally I nickname my pokemon after words in other languages or random things, like Disco the Sceptile, and King the Empoleon.

mauroccvieira
13th December 2013, 12:56 AM
i calld my charizard Red xD

mauroccvieira
13th December 2013, 1:10 AM
i calld my charizard Red xD

Blue_Dino
17th January 2014, 8:55 AM
I never liked giving my Pokemon nicknames but I seems funner now for some reason
Blissey - Bertha
Garchomp - choppy
Noivern - Alduin (Skyrim FTW). :D

DigitalWilderness93
8th February 2014, 12:34 AM
Torterra- Atlas *The titan who had to carry the world on his shoulders*
Luxray- Still in the works *Looking for something NOT from the Lion King*
Glaceon- Thinking "Icecube or Vortex" Vortex after this awesome Polar vortex that swept through my city
Togekiss -Still in Works
Lucario- Probably something fighting related
Dusknoir- Mosty likely Oggie from NBC

Those who say nicknaming their team I find weird. Their your teammates and family. If you give them names they mean more!

Neji-and-Pidgeot
27th June 2014, 1:54 AM
I never really liked nicknaming my pokemon until just recently. I named my Chimchar Zuko and I named my Starly Xerxes after Peters falcon from family guy.

whunt
30th June 2014, 8:51 PM
I have some fun ones. I nickname everyone, even my Showdown OU Team. Some of them are after people I know, some are random.

But Emerald had:
Sceptile-Robin
Breloom-Rita
Aggron-Rylie (Plot Twist! My SUPER MANLY Aggron was female!)
Sableye-Snow White
Azumarill-Victoria
Ludicolo-Jose

And when I caught Rayquaza, I named him the oh so original Ray Charles!

In FireRed, my Blastoise was Terry, and I had a Kadabra named Luna.

I gave Articuno and Moltres girl names (Abby and Rhiannon, respectively), but Zapdos got the masculine Vijay. I just see them that way.

Huhadude
20th July 2014, 9:17 PM
Staraptor in D/P/T.

Snivy18
21st July 2014, 7:11 PM
Because my YT channel is called JCatz, which resembles my first and last name, I decided to do that same thing with my Pokemon. Such as my Turtiwig, his name is TWigz, taking the first letter and adding a last part with a "Z"

Keysmash
25th July 2014, 7:28 PM
I've been doing a lot of monotype runs lately, naming all non-team members (such as starters and HM slaves) 'SLAVE #23' to confuse myself. All team members have appropriately human names, such as Nick, Lucy, Isabelle, etc.

Birds of Paradise
26th July 2014, 8:09 AM
I've been nicknaming my wifi team since I've bred most of them myself but I can't think of a good/cool nickname for my male shiny charizard. Possibly some sort of nickname to refernce it's black color but I can't think of anything except for toothless and darkstar (obscure anime character reference) but eh..

Other nicknamed mons

vaporeon (female)-Nyra
excadrill (female)-Toph (Toph the earthbender and metal bender and she learned how to bend from the giant moles *shot*)
skarmory-Gajeel (anime character from Fairy Tale that eats metal and uses metal attacks XD)
Mamoswine-Manny

Ironthunder1604
26th July 2014, 5:35 PM
I often nickname the first catch of a certain pokemon, such as:
Geodude/Graveler- Rocky.
Zubat- Zoro
Starly- Carl
Tauros- Bullrage

Then there's my shinies.
Crobat- Flapper
Magcargo- Potassium
Charizard- Shadowflame