PDA

View Full Version : The Church of Gaming!

Bert
16th December 2007, 2:29 PM
Approved by Chelc, thank you very much Chelc ^^.

The Church of Gaming
Gamers Unite!

Hi everyone and welcome to the Church of Gaming (I'll explain later where that name comes from :p) This is basically a club where ANY gamer can join and talk about games and all related to games. Do you own a PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, XBox, XBox360, GB, GBC, GBA, NDS, GC, Wii or even a Nokia NGage? Feel free to join then.

Basically we talk about games here, maybe we could even organize some tournaments and stuff ^^.

~Rules

- All SPPF forum rules apply, I will report to a mod if these are broken.
- OBEY the club rules, in particular the one about 'oneliners'.
- Discussion which gaming platform is the best is allowed, but no bashing of any kind!
- However much these games may appeal to you, some games are banned for discussion.

Manhunt, Manhunt 2, Postal, Postal 2 and any other game that is either extremely violent or contains sexual content.
Note that discussion of Bioshock (an 18+ rated game, btw) and the likes is allowed because the main purpose of the game does not include killing or violating people.

- Try to keep discussions as mature as possible
- There are kids on SPPF, which means you'll have to be able to stand the discussion of 'Amazing Joe fixes the car: the official game' :D.
- Don't ask to be Co-Owner, first 2 members to join will be Moderator. One of them will become Co-Owner over time (unless I feel like appointing someone else) and then I will appoint a new Moderator.

Well, that's basically it, I might have forgotten something here and there but meh :p. Just point it out and I'll fix it.

Now, the name of the club.
Anybody reads the Ctrl+Alt+Del web comics ? The main hero (read: Video Game addict :p) started a gaming religion there, and it's called the Church of Gaming! So I chose that name because it is rather fitting. Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, Christians, I don't care a slogn as you promise not to kill people in real life and be nice. And no I will not change the name to the 'Mosquee of Gaming', sorry.

~The founding of the Sacred Church of Gaming

Yeah like any self-respecting religion (:p) we have a prophet, Ethan Ryan Macmanus, son of Tim Buckly (doesn't make sense, does it ?) and founder of our sacred religion.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20070623.jpg
For the lifestory of this Holy Perosn you must make a pelgrimage to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

~Member list

Owner: Bert
Co-owner: /
Moderators:
- Paddster56
- Paddy56
- Copygoo

Members:

- Tyran+
- Regiman+
- Jakealdred

Only Owner and Co-Owner can ban people, Moderators can warn and accept members. Any member may start a topic.
People with + are good members which I trust and usually consult.
People with - are warned members. I'll only warn you once, after that it's a ban (temporarily or permanent).

~Useful links to make your gaming life more pleasant ^^.

Official Nintendo site (www.nintendo.com)
Official Nintendo Wifi site (www.nintendowifi.com)
Official Sony site (www.sony.com)
Ctrl+Alt+Del comic (www.ctrlaltdel-online.com), Updated once every two days!

~Banners
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/paddy56/ChurchofGamingleft.pnghttp://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/paddy56/ChurchofGamingrightcopy.png
by Paddy56 & Paddster56, please give credit when using :).

Anyhow, to start of, here's first topic.

Post your top 5 games that came out between January 1st 2007 and December 31th 2007. Also post which platform. I'll make a list of most popular games then :P. Including a Game of the Year

Here's mine:

1. Bioshock (Pc)
2. Crysis (Pc)
3. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
4. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl (NDS)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)

Have a nice day btw :).

Paddster56
16th December 2007, 8:09 PM
Hey Bert,i Love Gaming can i join
I'm sure theres more gamers then this i'll ask my friends to join you know to get things up and running

Bert
16th December 2007, 8:11 PM
Hi :).

Yeah sure, welcome to the light, brother (lol at least that's how I think a regular church does this XD).
I'll add you as a moderator. Do make sure you have read the rules and stuff ok ? :D

~Bert

Copygoo
16th December 2007, 9:07 PM
Hello, may I join?

1. MySims (Wii)
2. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (NDS)
3. Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii)
4. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
5. PBR (Wii)

Bert
16th December 2007, 9:12 PM
Welcome to the path to enlightenment brother :P.
Hmm, btw, you're second moderator (not co-owner tough).
Also, feel free to edit your top 5 would you want to do that. I'll go trough the club on January 1st and add all results then announce the game of the year :p.

Tyran
16th December 2007, 9:13 PM
O.O
Can me joinz?
I'm a FPS a-holic
And some adventure And RTS games are good 2 ^^

Oh here is my list ;)
1. Supreme Commander (Pc)
2. Unreal Tournament 3 (Pc)
3. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
4. Pokémon Diamond & Pearl (NDS)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Well i didn't had a 5 so i just typed Mario :]

Bert
16th December 2007, 9:14 PM
The year's not over yet so would any game come out you really like feel free to edit :P.
Welcome, by the way ^^.

Tyran
16th December 2007, 9:17 PM
:( to late for being Mod..
Well i have + :]

Is there a topic to talkie about?

Bert
16th December 2007, 9:18 PM
Feel free to make one :P.
I coudl use some help at Supreme Commander tough, for some reason the soudn doesn't work for me <_<.

Tough I'd like anyone's opinion on the PS3. It's like real expensive and i nterms of technological leetness it's enarly passed by by your average Pc so it isn't really worth buying except for the Blu-Ray thingy :P.
Feel free to disagree tough.

Paddster56
16th December 2007, 9:38 PM
Mine's:
1. NFS: Pro Street (Wii)
2. LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
3. Pro Evo Soccer 2008(PSP)
4. MySims (Wii)
5. FIFA 08 Manager(PC)

Bert
16th December 2007, 9:40 PM
Wow those are alot of Wii games :P.
Personally, I don't like WarioWare: Sm that much tough, it's a great game but oh the lack of multiplayer hurts >.<.

paddy56
16th December 2007, 10:36 PM
I would like to join my top five (in no particular order) are:

1. Crysis (PC)
2. Bioshock (360)
3. CoD4 (360)
4. Mass Effect (360)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Regiman
16th December 2007, 10:38 PM
Hey Bert can I join?

My top 5 are...

1. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
2. Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games (Wii)
3. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (DS)
4. Lego Star Wars III: The complete Saga (Wii)
5. Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii)

Bert
16th December 2007, 10:41 PM
Okay, your both in :). Welcome ^^.
I'll try to update the member list but don't shoot me if it isn't updated for now because, well, SPPF lag and stuff :P.

Btw regi what platform is Lego Star wars again ?

Regiman
16th December 2007, 10:56 PM
Okay, your both in :). Welcome ^^.
I'll try to update the member list but don't shoot me if it isn't updated for now because, well, SPPF lag and stuff :P.

Btw regi what platform is Lego Star wars again ?

Oops sorry *adds*

Bert
17th December 2007, 6:34 PM
Ok thanks you :).
By the way new topic:

Which game was the baddest one you've ever bought ?

I'd have to say, Rayman raving rabbids for pc. It was cool on the wii but on pc it was an absolute terror <_<.

Paddster56
18th December 2007, 8:39 PM
Which Game was the baddest one you've ever bought?

Lego chess for pc, the game was to sahort i would have injoyed it if it had more than 2 lvls

Bert
18th December 2007, 8:50 PM
Which Game was the baddest one you've ever bought?

Lego chess for pc, the game was to sahort i would have injoyed it if it had more than 2 lvls

2 lvls ? Are you serious ?
Actually I kinda enjoyed the lego games back when I was young.
Lego Rock Raiders was my first strategy game and Lego Racers was kinda cool :P.

I'm a different type of gamer now tough.

Paddster56
18th December 2007, 9:52 PM
2 lvls ? Are you serious ?
Actually I kinda enjoyed the lego games back when I was young.
Lego Rock Raiders was my first strategy game and Lego Racers was kinda cool :P.

I'm a different type of gamer now tough.

I know old things never come back to be good apart from pokemon games but their remakes so thats different

Hey you also forgot to put the psp on your list for things to talk about

Bert
19th December 2007, 8:25 PM
Oh crud how could I have forget (tryign to be objective here but I actualy don't like sony consoles :D).

And yeah, old classics are usually better than sequels.
Of course unofficial sequels tend to be pretty good, lately. :P.
Like System Shock 2 got an unnoficial butt-kicking sequel called Bioshock :D.

Paddster56
23rd December 2007, 12:34 PM
Hooray I got a PSP Know

What console is your least favorite?

PS3
I dont like it
#1 Its not as good as the 360
#2 It cost more than a 360

paddy56
23rd December 2007, 12:38 PM

PS3 because it's exclusives are no where near as good as the 360's and Wii's, it's got a poor online service and it's too expensive

Bert
23rd December 2007, 12:43 PM

Also PS3, it doesn't have Bioshock, Crysis or Halo or Zelda and it's wayy to expensive imo.

I'm leaving for, a vacation, the mods will be in charge. I'll be back 3rd of january.

paddy56
23rd December 2007, 2:17 PM
Here's a banner me and my brother paddster56 made
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/paddy56/ChurchofGamingleft.pnghttp://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/paddy56/ChurchofGamingrightcopy.png

Paddster56
1st January 2008, 7:48 PM
Hey Since i'm a mod Me and Thingy are in charge, now Does anyone have a idea what we could do we could arange a tourny Maybe?

Bert
2nd January 2008, 11:15 PM
@ Paddy: nice banner, I'll put it in the first post and in my sig. I'll give credit, but o oyu want everyone to do so or not so I can stae it in the first pot ?

@ Paddy56 & Paddster56: please stop posting oneliners, I don't want anyone to get into trouble :).

About that contest I don't have much to play online atm but I can do some Warcraft 3: the Fozen Throne matches and some Titan Quest: Immortal throne co-op :d.

Copygoo
2nd January 2008, 11:23 PM
I can do Animal Crossing Wild World, but that's not a contest...... unless we do a fishing contest! Viva Pinata can't do contests either...... but we can trade stuff........

Those are pretty much all my online games...... but I can try Frozen Throne, though I've never tried it. Only the other type of WOW.

Bert
2nd January 2008, 11:33 PM
Frozen Throne is a strategy game, it's not anything like World of warcraft :p. Tough i's just as cool and the story is much better ^^.

If you have it and the other members agree I'll start up a tourney.
Of course, I'm horrible at it too so meh :p.

Oh btw, I can also play metroid prime hunters (I'm bad), Mariokart ds (I'm bad) and Pokémon D/P (I'm pretty good).

jakealdred
11th February 2008, 6:12 PM
hey:D can i join i have a ps3 wii ds every gameboy and i meen every gameboy colour,light etc

Bert
12th February 2008, 6:18 PM
Wow, yeah sure. I'll add you to the list. I tought this place kinda...died actually :).
I'd advise against posting oneliners i nthe future tough, the mods are very strict on it (understandably so) and I really wouldn't like any gamer or member to get in trouble.

Anyhow, since it's a gamers life, let's talk about it.
When do you game? How long? Are you addicted?

I have to say I was quite addicted in the past, it has sort of calmed down tough lately (I still embrace the faith, no worries). I mostly play at weekends or on wednesday afternoons (no school then). Usually, I game all day logn in the weekend, with some 30 minute breaks in between to protect my eyes from burning. At wednesday it's a bit less tough, because even tough no school, you still have school the day after and studying is advised in the higher grades.

That's not the point of gaming tough really. Gaming is about enjoying the fragment 'the Game'. Gaming is my Force, my Matrix, my One Ring if you will. It keeps me happy (tough I don't need gaming to be happy, gaming usually makes me more happier than I already am) and it's the source of my enjoyment, alongside making music and hanging out with friends.

That is just my opinion on game, and unlike some medieval popes, I won't force it on to anyone. For the heart of the gamer is where the true faith lies.

May the gods of gaming bless your thumbs, pwnage be with thee.
~Bert

Paddster56
1st March 2008, 10:19 PM
New Topic: Which are your Newest Games?

I just got Battalion wars 2 (Wii)
And EA sports champions League 2006-2007(PSP)