PDA

View Full Version : The British Comedy Club

cybermew
18th December 2007, 10:20 PM
This is for those that love British comdy shows, such as Blackadder and Just a Minute. We can also talk about stand-up comics, radio 4, and our favourite shows.

If you want to join can you please fill out this form:

Favourite Comedy Actor:
Favourite Comedy Show:
Favourite Stand-up Comedian:
Character you wish to be known as:

Ok, I'll fill it out, just to be fair,

Favourite Comedy Actor: Rowan Atkinson
Favourite Comedy Show: Just a Minute
Favourite All Time Comedian:Paul Merton
Character you wish to be known as:Blackadder

Ok, so I'll put the list of people here, and I think we'll just begin with me and a co-owner, but not straight away, they'll have to earn it!

1.Cybermew-Blackadder (Owner)
2.Pottsie-Del Boy
3.Roses 108-Manny
4.Diechavsdie-Tom Good
5.-Xu--Bernard Black

Ok, and we'll have for the subject, Do you listen to Radio 4/7 comedy shows, and if so, which ones?.

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th December 2007, 8:13 AM
I don't know much about British stand-up comedians (or from any country for that matter), but I like what I see of Britcoms. Can I still join?

Pottsie
19th December 2007, 8:24 AM
Favourite Comedy Actor: David Jason
Favourite Comedy Show: Only Fools and Horses
Favourite Stand-up Comedian: Peter Kay
Character you wish to be known as: Del-Boy

Can I join? I like several British comedies, my favourite being Only Fools and Horses, which I own every single episode on DVD.

roses_108
19th December 2007, 8:43 AM
Favorite Comedy Actor: Dlyan Moran.
Favorite Comedy Show: Black Books.
Favorite Stand-up Comedian: Dlyan Moran.
Character you wish to be known as: Manny.
I'd also like to join as I love British comedy.

cybermew
19th December 2007, 5:45 PM
Blackjack, I can't let you join unless you know a fair amount, and you two, you can both join, I'll edit the first page.

My Fave comedy show of all time is Just a minute, or Blackadder, the later just beating the first

DieChavsDie
19th December 2007, 5:47 PM
This club is win for me of all people.

If you would like a co-owner, Id gladly offer my very wide range of Expertise on Britcoms.

Favourite Comedy Actor: From Sitcoms? Hmmmm. This is tricky. David Jason, the Late Buster Merryfield, Dawn French, Patricia Routledge, Ronnie Barker, Penelope Keith, Victoria Wood and Richard Briars are all amazing. I think I will have to pick Penelope Keith
Favourite Comedy Show: Ooo, another hard one. Either Only Fools, The Good Life or The Vicar of Dibley
Favourite Stand-up Comedian: Easily Billy Connoly
Character you wish to be known as: Tom Good

cybermew
19th December 2007, 5:48 PM
Good DCD, I will add you, and you seem like an expert compared to me. I am gonna do a Dan did with us and just watch, then choose, depnding upon your contribution.

cybermew
22nd December 2007, 11:22 AM
Ok you guys, I guess since there have been no more posts, I'll change the subject. Do you listen to the radio 4/7 comedy shows, and if so, which ones?

DieChavsDie
22nd December 2007, 1:32 PM
Im an avid fan of Radio 7, and mostly listen to Old Harry's Game and The Clitheroe Kid.

Both are brilliant and if you havent heard them LISTEN TO THEM lol

I also end up listening to The Men From the Ministry, Dads Army and Steptoe and Son because my dad listens to them

cybermew
22nd December 2007, 1:48 PM
I LOVE radio 4, and listen to Just A Minute, and I'm Sorry I Haven't a clue whenever I can, have you heard of these DCD?

DieChavsDie
22nd December 2007, 2:08 PM
Heard of them but never listen to them.

Theyre on Radio 7 occasionly, but I only listen to Radio 7 for Old Harry's Game and The Clitheroe Kid

cybermew
22nd December 2007, 2:11 PM
If you tune in you'll love them, trust me. In just a minute you have to speak for 60 seconds without repeating yourself, deviating or hesitaing, and in I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue they.....are, ummm, given silly things to do. (How do you define it?)
Listen to radio 4 on monday at 6:30, the ISIHAC years memories are on!

Pottsie
22nd December 2007, 7:33 PM
Do you listen to the radio 4/7 comedy shows, and if so, which ones?

I'm afraid I haven't.

-Xu-
22nd December 2007, 9:10 PM
For once being British gives me a edge at something.

Favourite Comedy Actor: Dylan Moran
Favourite Comedy Show: Black Books, Have I got News For You, Absolute Power, Red Dwarf, The Thick Of It.
Favourite Stand-up Comedian: Bill Bailey, Daniel Kitson, Jimmy Carr
Character you wish to be known as: Bernard Black, we already have someone saying manny from Black Books so I'll list Charles Prentis incase (Stephen Fry's character in Absolute Power).

Do you listen to the radio 4/7 comedy shows, and if so, which ones?

Not anymore. Never radio 7 as I don't have a digital radio, I know I could listen when I'm on the computer but I tend to do other things and I like to just listen/watch comedy without doing anything else.I used to listen to radio 4 but my radios health is poor at best and at he moment it refuses to tune into anything.

cybermew
24th December 2007, 11:24 AM
I watched have I got news for you last night, it was hilarious!

And also, today is the start of good of Crimbo comedy! I am definetely watching Catherine Tate, she Kills off Lauren *Am I bovered?*

Lets try and get the message out, can anyone make banners?

DieChavsDie
4th January 2008, 6:53 PM
There wasnt much "Comedy" for Christmas I found. Nothing that made me laugh out loud.

There were some good Drama's though (Dr Who, Ballet Shoes etc)

I missed To The Manor Born though. Never watched the original series, but wanted to see the Xmas Special, mainly because Penelope Keith is an amazing actress.

Christmas didnt feel like Christmas without a Only Fools and Horses Christmas Special :(

cybermew
4th January 2008, 8:02 PM
I wanted a bit more comedy, it just didn't fell right without it, Litle Britain was missed, and I missed Extras, which I love.