PDA

View Full Version : Muslims United

Uzamaki Hinata
30th December 2007, 10:16 PM
I think there was a club like this before and I think that it is a shame that it has disappeared. I haven't been able to post in the other club but hopefully if this one goes through, I'll post in it as much as I can. ^_^

The club rules are:
1. Follow Serebii.net forums rules
2. Don't double post This goes with the first rule. I've been to a lot of clubs and there is always someone double posting.
3. Listen to Club co-owners If I'm not there, it doesn't mean you don't have to listen anymore
4. Don't post three letter post That somehow annoys me.
5. Don't go way off topic Example: Something that has nothing to do with Islam in general
6. New members no longer have to ask to join, they just do. I find it a waste of time to ask to join the club and wait for a reply when most likely you're already in.
7. Be respectful of other religions Just because we don't follow what they follow doesn't mean we have a right to say anything against it. I will not be tolerable with bagging on other religions
8. Islam= Peace It is our duty as Muslims to show the world that the media isn't always right. We are peaceful people.
9. Questions about Islam may be answered by those who have knowledge. I don't want to say that we're exactly allowed to give fatwas or anything, but I'm saying that if questions were asked about things like how we got to be praying five prayers, then it can be answered. Questions about haraam and halaal really should be avoided.
10. Not only Muslims can join, nonMuslims are welcomed If you have a question about Islam, whether out of curiousity or you're interested in the religion, you can ask. As long as it's not racist or anything.
11. Those who ask to become co-owner will be co-owner I only need two. :p
12. If, ever, we have the chance to answer a question about Islam, it would be good if you to say where exactly you got these piece of knowledge from(i.e. Parents, teachers, etc...)
13. Specially for Co-owners: YOU NEED TO POST REGULARLY Or as regularly as you can, or I might have to give your position away to someone else who deserves it more and is willing to take on the position. Please and thank you

Three strikes, you're out
I hate to ban someone when they do a mistake once or twice. So I'll do three strikes you're out.
Whoever the co-owners are, they can ban people too. So don't try to go against the rules three times. And if you break the rules once, you will be told not to do it again
Twice earns a warning
And the third time, you get banned for a week. And if you post while you're banned, you will be banned forever.

Now, who has a topic they'd like to speak about. :)

MEMBERS
1-Uzamaki Hinata(owner)
2-Emperor Giratina(co-owner)
3-Inferno
4-Cyber Cyclone
5- *Light*
6- Pokemonforever
7- Metal Force
8- tuan_pokemon
9- Pokewiz
10- ROck-Rulez(co-owner)
11- mielad2
12- crobatman
13- arceus03

NOTE: Correct me if I put your name wrong ^.^;;

Banners:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/legendary_catcher/Banners/MuslimsUnitedBanner2.png

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/legendary_catcher/Banners/MuslimsUnitedBanner2.png - by Inferno

Emperor Giratina
31st December 2007, 7:02 AM
May I join? I'm a Muslim, the name's Hassan Rizvi.... Can I be the co-owner.

Inferno
31st December 2007, 7:24 AM
May i join too? I'm Muslim, name's Abdulla, may I be the co-owner? (if you want)

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd January 2008, 2:40 AM
Awesome, two co-owners already! ^_^ But really, guys, you don't have to give off your names... I trust that you're Muslim if you say you are. So, any topics?

Emperor Giratina
3rd January 2008, 12:19 PM
Awesome, two co-owners already! ^_^ But really, guys, you don't have to give off your names... I trust that you're Muslim if you say you are. So, any topics?

Umm, okay.... But I can't think up of one. ^_^;

Cyber Cyclone
3rd January 2008, 12:34 PM
Hi can I join?Oh I know that you only need 2 co-owners but can I pleeeeease be on?I have a topic to start :Did you get born a Muslim or did you Islam in a time in you life?Oh and just coz I want you to be sure I am Muslim my name is Khaled.As for the topic I was born Muslim.

Uzamaki Hinata
5th January 2008, 3:03 AM
Hi can I join?Oh I know that you only need 2 co-owners but can I pleeeeease be on?I have a topic to start Did you get born a Muslim or did you Islam in a time in you life?Oh and just coz I want you to be sure I am Muslim my name is Khaled.As for the topic I was born Muslim.

Sorry, I only need two.

Did you get born a Muslim or did you Islam in a time in you life?

Born, but there was a time in my life when I wasn't a very good follower of Islam, Thank God I'm over that.

Inferno
5th January 2008, 10:20 AM
Did you get bron a muslim or did you Islam in a time in your life?
I was born a muslim.

Cyber Cyclone
5th January 2008, 10:35 AM
Sorry, I only need two.

Did you get born a Muslim or did you Islam in a time in you life?

Born, but there was a time in my life when I wasn't a very good follower of Islam, Thank God I'm over that.

alhamdulla

Ethan
5th January 2008, 11:19 AM
I'm Christian but I have a quick question regarding Islam. Now correct if I am mistaken but there are 25 prophets cited by the Quran with Mohammed being the last of the prophets, also elevated to universal prophet like Jesus and Moses. Why is Mohammed the last prophet? In Islam is it possible for other people to have revelations from God like Mohammed did and the other prophets did? Agian I am not patronizing but I am rather curious.

Emperor Giratina
5th January 2008, 7:14 PM
Did you get born a muslim or did you Islam in a time in your life?
I was a born Muslim! ^_^

Uzamaki Hinata
7th January 2008, 11:15 PM
I'm Christian but I have a quick question regarding Islam. Now correct if I am mistaken but there are 25 prophets cited by the Quran with Mohammed being the last of the prophets, also elevated to universal prophet like Jesus and Moses. Why is Mohammed the last prophet? In Islam is it possible for other people to have revelations from God like Mohammed did and the other prophets did? Agian I am not patronizing but I am rather curious.

Yes, Prophet Muhammed is a universal Prophet, and as far as I have been taught, he is the last Prophet because he is the last Prophet. And we are taught to love him.

Revelations.... I don't think so, it is possible for high scholars(those who take time to really learn Islam and become high Muslims) to have dreams where the Prophet is there. Though some people have dreams like that too. But to speak directly to God is impossible for anyone other than Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him)

Anyway, that's the best I could do, hope that helped. :)

Anyone can add if they know something else that would be helpful or correct me if I said anything wrong. Hopefully I didn't.

alhamdulla

Thank you. :D

Oh, right, quick Q, does anyone know how to make banners, we need some for the club. If you don't, I can go ask for some to be made as long as there are some pictures submitted from you guys.

Inferno
8th January 2008, 5:00 AM
I could make some banners, exept that I cant find some good pictures...

Cyber Cyclone
8th January 2008, 8:07 AM
infeno I probably could find some picture of the helal(creant moon) and the caba and people praying and moques and pm them to you to make some banners would you like that??

~Cyber Cyclone

Uzamaki Hinata
9th January 2008, 10:20 PM
I could make some banners, exept that I cant find some good pictures...
cool, can I help you with, you know, the words printed across the banner? Like, other than saying The Muslims United Club, you can also add stuff like Islam = Peace and other things. I'd like to help with that.

Oh, I wanted to add one more rule!

12. If, ever, we have the chance to answer a question about Islam, it would be good if you to say where exactly you got these piece of knowledge from(i.e. Parents, teachers, etc...)

Okay, and a question: though, wait, I know you guys are all.... guys, but still.

Do you think that women should cover themselves up with hijab?

I'm a girl, so I do! I've always believed in wearing hijab and believed that it was something we had to do, as my Islamic Studies teacher at school has told me and the rest of the girls in my class. But some people think it's okay going off and showing your hair when really, it isn't.

Emperor Giratina
10th January 2008, 12:21 PM
NOTICE

I am very sorry for the inactivity...My exams are in progress, I may not be active until Tuesday.

Uzamaki Hinata
11th January 2008, 4:49 AM
NOTICE

I am very sorry for the inactivity...My exams are in progress, I may not be active until Tuesday.

thats okay, hope you do good on your exams~!

*Light*
11th January 2008, 4:29 PM
I'm Muslim, I'll join!

Do you think that women should cover themselves up with hijab?

I think that they should atleast dress modestly....that should be good enough i think.

Inferno
13th January 2008, 4:58 AM
i apologize for inactiveness, second term of school has started and I have to study hard this time.

Uzumaki Hinata: sure you can help me with the words printed across the banner.

topic: They should, even my Islamic Studies teacher said so.

Uzamaki Hinata
14th January 2008, 12:41 AM
I'm Muslim, I'll join!

Welcome *Light*! You will soon be added to the member list.

i apologize for inactiveness, second term of school has started and I have to study hard this time.

Uzumaki Hinata: sure you can help me with the words printed across the banner.

topic: They should, even my Islamic Studies teacher said so.

Again, tis okay~. I start my second semester of school tomorrow. T-T Oh well.

I would love to help! Yay!! You know, once I finish updating my fanfics, I'll send you some of my ideas, and maybe some pics ^_^

Also, I agree, my Islamic studies teacher has always said that to us at my Islamic private school. Infact, it is said that Omar Bin Khattab(the second calipha) said to the prophet(peace be upon him) that he thought women should cover up and soon after an ayah was sent down about how women should cover up.

A lot of people, especially in the society we live in right now think women are being oppressed o_O Weird, right? Whenever I think about it, I'm really happy about hijab, It just means that women are looked at for their minds and not their bodies like how society looks at women right now. It makes me happy to wear hijab. And really, who else would I want looking at me except my future husband?

Whoops, sorry, went off in to ranting, my bad. :D

Pokemonforever
14th January 2008, 2:21 PM
Hello. Im also a muslim from Singapore. May I join as well?

Emperor Giratina
14th January 2008, 5:00 PM
Got a new topic:

Are you a Shia(Spelling?) or a Sunni Muslim?

I'm a Shia(Spelling?) Muslim.

@ Pokemonforever: Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Pokemonforever
14th January 2008, 5:39 PM
It is spelled as Shi'ite. In Singapore, we follow imam Shafi'i so I guess, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam we must be Sunni, although we here regard each of us Muslims as brothers in Islam, thus, we do not judge one another and are not blinded by prejudice.

Inferno
16th January 2008, 7:42 AM
Sorry for inactiveness, it was raining heavily yesterday, so I couldnt use the computer, its still raining today.....

Topic: I'm a Sunni Muslim.

Uzamaki Hinata
16th January 2008, 9:54 PM
Welcome to the club, Pokemonforever! I hope you enjoy yourself here!

I'm sunni, raised and born. Though people from my nationality aren't anything but sunni, so.... but I've always been curious about the differences between sunni and shi'ite, I mean, I've heard some things from other people, but since you're shi'ite Emperor Giratina, can you answer my Q?

although we here regard each of us Muslims as brothers in Islam, thus, we do not judge one another and are not blinded by prejudice.

well said, well said. I don't think that it's really anyone's right(unless you're a very big scholar) to say who's wrong and who's right. In the end, we're all Muslims and Allah is the one who judges us. Besides I have a really close friend who's shi'ite. :D

Emperor Giratina
19th January 2008, 11:01 PM
Welcome to the club, Pokemonforever! I hope you enjoy yourself here!

I'm sunni, raised and born. Though people from my nationality aren't anything but sunni, so.... but I've always been curious about the differences between sunni and shi'ite, I mean, I've heard some things from other people, but since you're shi'ite Emperor Giratina, can you answer my Q?

well said, well said. I don't think that it's really anyone's right(unless you're a very big scholar) to say who's wrong and who's right. In the end, we're all Muslims and Allah is the one who judges us. Besides I have a really close friend who's shi'ite. :D

Yes... What's your question?

Uzamaki Hinata
20th January 2008, 9:52 PM
My question is the differences between sunni and shi'ite, I mean, I know it has something to do with the Ali(radi allahu a'an)

Metal Force
25th January 2008, 12:23 PM
I'd like to join the club, as I'm a muslim *Sunni*.

Jakotsu
25th January 2008, 1:15 PM
I'm Agnostic and born as a Buddhist, but I would like to ask a few questions regarding about your religion. I've been interested about it for some time and I was learning about the religion in school. n_n Anyways;

After the 9/11 incident, and I have no intention to insult you or whatever... how was your social life since then?

What ticks me off is that ignorant low-life people begins to have crappy phobias about the Muslim//Islam ways because of Bush and you have to suffer because of a few people's doing. I can tell it's not fair at all. ;;'

But like please don't get mad at me when I asked you this kind of question. But like I personally want to know how you feel about it since you are all Muslims. Again, I do find the religion interesting. n_n

Pokemonforever
26th January 2008, 11:25 AM
Mostly, we muslims in Singapore are still treated fairly and life still goes on. People do understand that our religion does not preach about using violence. When people understand each other well and are able to live harmoneously with each other knowing that they are safe, external factors do not affect this relationship. So basically, my life since then has not changed much. I hope others here are well too.

Uzamaki Hinata
29th January 2008, 6:45 AM
Okay, one, Welcome Metal Force to Muslims United!

And second...

I'm Agnostic and born as a Buddhist, but I would like to ask a few questions regarding about your religion. I've been interested about it for some time and I was learning about the religion in school. n_n Anyways;

After the 9/11 incident, and I have no intention to insult you or whatever... how was your social life since then?

What ticks me off is that ignorant low-life people begins to have crappy phobias about the Muslim//Islam ways because of Bush and you have to suffer because of a few people's doing. I can tell it's not fair at all. ;;'

But like please don't get mad at me when I asked you this kind of question. But like I personally want to know how you feel about it since you are all Muslims. Again, I do find the religion interesting. n_n

Ignorance is usually there because people tend to not want to learn about something.

But yeah, it totally ticks me off too. >.> You'd think in a country like America they would be more open to Islam and not right off the bat accuse all Muslims for something a select few did.

But anyway, no need to fear, no one will get mad ^_^

Life for me has somewhat changed.... somewhat? No, a lot. Even though there are a lot of nice people out there who don't treat Muslims like they're people who breed disease or something but most people always look at you suspiciously, and there are some hate crimes commited towards Muslims too. I was once, not too recently, yelled at by some guy who was passing by my house in hios car. Something about Isreal(but I won't get in to that)

In some ways, life has changed, like how more and more Muslims seperate themselves from nonMuslims, and in others it hasn't, cuz I still pretty much act the same as I did before. But then again, where I live there are a good amount of Muslims and nice people. :)

It's cool that you're interested in Islam, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.... :D

Jakotsu
29th January 2008, 12:06 PM
Oh wow. I really hate that when they have to keep themselves away from the other people. Just personally, why does Americans thinks that all Muslims are the same because only a few people bombed the building? Like since then, life never made any sense and more people continues to do stupid ********. Pardon my language.

Anyway, as I said I still find it interesting how your ways are. And what I love most with it; you don't FORCE anyone to convert to the religion, it's only up to the person if they want to convert or not. >>;

I watched 30 Days at school involving a Christian living in with a Muslim. It was quite interesting and my God, the people the Christian asked other people like;

"When you hear "Islam", what does it remind you?"

"AHHH TERRORIST."

>>; Yeah. The mass of ignorance populates more than any other religion itself.

Uzamaki Hinata
30th January 2008, 7:57 PM
Oh wow. I really hate that when they have to keep themselves away from the other people. Just personally, why does Americans thinks that all Muslims are the same because only a few people bombed the building? Like since then, life never made any sense and more people continues to do stupid ********. Pardon my language.

Anyway, as I said I still find it interesting how your ways are. And what I love most with it; you don't FORCE anyone to convert to the religion, it's only up to the person if they want to convert or not. >>;

I watched 30 Days at school involving a Christian living in with a Muslim. It was quite interesting and my God, the people the Christian asked other people like;

"When you hear "Islam", what does it remind you?"

"AHHH TERRORIST."

>>; Yeah. The mass of ignorance populates more than any other religion itself.

Your language is pardoned, lol.

Thanks, about the whole not forcing people to convert thing.

I don't like it when people ask, or no, say "Go back to your own country." I mean, just because some people believe in something different then what you believe doesn't mean you have a right to tell them to leave the country. Plus, a lot of us were born here.

But, I mean, can you blame them for not knowing? There are still a lot of religions that are practiced here in the states that a lot of us don't know about. I mean, I love living here in America, and I've been living here for almost all my life, but when people start to treat you a certain way or immediately think you're "oppressed" because you cover yourself, you start to wonder if it's even worth living here. Not that I'd ever move, but I bet a lot of people do want to move because of it.

Some Muslim groups try to clear up the ignorance(does that make sense?) by putting out videos, teaching them about Islam. But the public reacts by saying that they don't want to always have the religion being stuffed down their throats -_-;; I dunno, I guess after a while, you just have to realize that no one's interested. And sometimes, some Muslims over react when something happens, giving Islam an even worse name.

I'm pretty happy I go to an Islamic private school ^_^ Sure, it has it's own little closed community, but then it makes you feel more comfortable.

EDIT:

Ohhhh!!! 30 days!!! I remember that show!!! I watched it once, hah, I didn't know what you were taking about at first. Yeah, that show, it was okay.

Metal Force
5th February 2008, 12:40 AM
I'd like to make a new topic if I may:
About "Qaza" and their situation, how do you feel about them?
I personally feel bad for them, little food, little health care, fortunately there are some help groups have been sent from Kwait and Qatar (Some pictures and info about the groupes were aired on "Qatha'ef" on the Rai channel if anyone here knows it).

tuan_pokemon
5th February 2008, 1:35 PM
Hello there I would also like to join the club. I'm an Indonesian Muslim.
And for the Are you a Shia or a Sunni Muslim? topic I'm a Sunni Muslim, but I don't really get the differences of the two things any way.

Uzamaki Hinata
6th February 2008, 6:15 AM
hello, tuan_pokemon, and welcome to Muslims United! Help our club live by posting frequently. :p

Hm, I was told that when the Prophet(saw) chose Abu Bakr as calipha number one, a lot of people thought Ali should have been first. Also, in the time of Ali's ruling, a conflict occured between Aisha and him, and a fight broke out, the first and only excusable fight between Muslims.

Those who supported Ali were shia'a and those who didn't were sunni. Of course, now the sects of Islam have grown to be more than just that in differences. Praying styles, for example, are somewhat different.

But that's what I learned from my teacher.

About "Qaza" and their situation, how do you feel about them?

Add a topic whenever you'd like to. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I pretty much feel the same about it as you. I hope and pray that something somehow will be able to help them :(

Pokewiz
11th February 2008, 7:39 PM
Can I join this club? Even though I'm not Muslim?

Uzamaki Hinata
11th February 2008, 7:55 PM
Yes, you can! Welcome Pokewiz to the Muslims United Club. Though right now, I think you're reading through my posts, aren't you? :p

Inferno
12th February 2008, 5:55 AM
Sorry for inactiveness, I've been sick (again >_>), and busy with school and some other stuff

Topic: About "Qaza" and their situation, how do you feel about them?
I feel bad about them :(, I pray that someone might be able to help them

Uzamaki Hinata
12th February 2008, 7:20 PM
Sorry for inactiveness, I've been sick (again >_>), and busy with school and some other stuff

Topic: About "Qaza" and their situation, how do you feel about them?
I feel bad about them :(, I pray that someone might be able to help them

totally okay.

Anyway, NEW QUESTION:

If there was one thing, JUST ONE THING you could say to a nonMuslim to clear up stereotypes, what would it be?

On a side note:- Inferno, have you had a chance to work on the banners for the club? :)

A-GAME
13th February 2008, 7:21 PM
Hi.

I am a Muslim, and got introduced to this club by another member (Metal Force). I surely would like to join. :)

As for the question in the above post, one thing I would say would be:
"Some people around the world believe that Islam teaches us to hate Christians, Jews, and other non-muslims. However, if you venture deep in its teachings, you'll find out that the truth is completely the opposite. Islam totally embraces people of other religions, as it teaches us to live in peace with them and show the world how peaceful our religion is. Islam is a message of peace. Not a message of hate."

Bert
13th February 2008, 8:02 PM
Since you welcome questions with open arms, I have questions.
Tough first, I' dlike to state that my questions may come over rude, I simply hav eno other way to formulate it and it's not meant rude at all ^^.

1) Is it true that you can become a muslim when you're born as a Christian, but when you're a Muslim you can't change to Christian/Buddhist/somethign else ? If so, why is this and don't you think this isn't fair?

2) Is it true that the woman is 'worth less' than the man? Seeing as I heard that the male children are above the mother in rang and that boys may hit they're sister and mother.

3) Is it true that if a muslim-woman does not want to have sex with her husband, the man can, er, take a goat? This seemed really weird to me but I keep hearing it over and over and I tought the best person to ask would be a muslim.

4) I was wondering what the Koran says about other religions, sicne it's a fact that the Muslims killed many people of other religions in the past (so did Christian, I'd like to re-state I do not wish to be rude at all) and again I heard that the Koran says you must only embrace your own religion and hate anyone of another religion, tough I doubt this is true.

5) This is really rude of me, but why is every assault commited by either a muslim or a neonazi? Look, Osama Bin Laden says he handles in the name of Allah, and I think little muslims agree with him, right? But why does he think killing people is what Allah would like? Did he misinterpret the Koran? Does the Koran says somethign like that or is he just plain lunatic?

I hope you aren't mad at me for asking these questions :/. Have a fine day.

Uzamaki Hinata
13th February 2008, 10:37 PM
Welcome ROCK-RULEZ to the Muslims United club! And say thanks to Metal FOrce for me, will ya? :D

Ooh, questions! I enjoy answering questions!

Since you welcome questions with open arms, I have questions.
Tough first, I' dlike to state that my questions may come over rude, I simply hav eno other way to formulate it and it's not meant rude at all ^^.

Of course you can. And don't worry about that. As long as you don't mean it to be rude or any thing, than all is fine. :D

1) Is it true that you can become a muslim when you're born as a Christian, but when you're a Muslim you can't change to Christian/Buddhist/somethign else ? If so, why is this and don't you think this isn't fair?

Let's see... Yes, it is true that it doesn't matter what religion you come from, as long as you're serious about becoming a Muslim, then it doesn't matter. As for vice versa, no one says you simply can't change religions. We believe that if you think that you should then go ahead, no one's going to do any thing bad to you. I've never been taught that Muslims who choose to no longer be Muslims were, I dunno, harassed or anything. I mean, in a way, people will be disappointed if you decide not to follow Islam, but nothing else.

2) Is it true that the woman is 'worth less' than the man? Seeing as I heard that the male children are above the mother in rang and that boys may hit they're sister and mother.

O_O
no, no, no. That's not true. Never are women placed below men. Rather, women are believed to be more treasured because they have the ability to give birth and that they are the ones who 'run the household' in a way. The mother is above the children in ranking, and it is said that it's forbidden to disobey your mother in anyway. In fact we are taught that "heaven is between your mother's legs"(I'm not wording it correctly btw). Which basically means that unless your mother tells you to do something that is against Islam, you have to obey her.

3) Is it true that if a muslim-woman does not want to have sex with her husband, the man can, er, take a goat? This seemed really weird to me but I keep hearing it over and over and I tought the best person to ask would be a muslim.

Hmm, A Muslim Woman has the right to do what she wants. But what you said, the take a goat thing? I've never heard of that. >.< I don't think my teacher's mentioned anything like that. But, yeah, if she doesn't want to, than she doesn't want to.

4) I was wondering what the Koran says about other religions, sicne it's a fact that the Muslims killed many people of other religions in the past (so did Christian, I'd like to re-state I do not wish to be rude at all) and again I heard that the Koran says you must only embrace your own religion and hate anyone of another religion, tough I doubt this is true.

Not true, not true. I'll say another thing, though of course, it's not quoted (I feel so bad, I should remember these) Anyway, it is said, by the Prophet Muhamed, "Do not insult their idols, because they in return will insult Islam." Hate is not encouraged in Islam nor is it tolerated. It is not our place to tell other people what is wrong and what is not. I realize that there has been a time(or two) when Muslims weren't acting in the way they were supposed to. But, as I perceive, that was many years after the Prophet(peace be upon him's) death. I think maybe those people who killed simply either thought it was something they should do or misinterpreted the Quran. There are times when people do that, hurting the religion in whole. Which brings us to question 5.

5) This is really rude of me, but why is every assault commited by either a muslim or a neonazi? Look, Osama Bin Laden says he handles in the name of Allah, and I think little muslims agree with him, right? But why does he think killing people is what Allah would like? Did he misinterpret the Koran? Does the Koran says somethign like that or is he just plain lunatic?

hmmm, when talking about him or other people who kill in the name of Allah, it gets a little confusing. Don't get me wrong, no one appreciates what he's doing or believes that it's right because it isn't. But, you know how if you're reading something and then you come across one sentence that says "don't touch the stove" or something and you don't stop to read the rest of it before understanding what it's talking about. That may be what he's doing. He's probably taking things out of context without understanding what it means fully or something. Meaning he pretty much misinterpreted it.

I hope you aren't mad at me for asking these questions :/. Have a fine day.

No, I'm not mad, not in the least. In fact, I really encourage people to come and ask questions on whatever you're confused about or common stereotypes. Everyone here in the club will be happy to answer whatever they can with the best of their knowledge.

These answers I get are pretty much what i learn from my Islamic Studies teacher. :)

Bert
14th February 2008, 5:05 PM
Thank you, tough I have some new questions based on your answers :).
Once again, no meaning to be rude, I just want to know which prejudices are and aren't right about your religion.

When you said that no one turning away from the answer to become a Christian ir something would be harrased, I'm afraid I'll have to contradict that. For last year, or two years ago. A man from pakistan (iirc) (which I believe is an Islam country) was sentenced to death for becoming a muslim. I'm not sure wether or not he was actually killed because the United Nations put heavy pressure onto the government. How could this happen, when you say that turning away form the islam is discouraged, but not forbidden? (Not trying to be rude).

I am actually partly surprised with your answers, and partly happy, and parlty sad.
While I'm happy and surprised about the fact that the Islam is not as violent/intolerant as people make it seem to be, I'm sad that the few muslims who live in Belgium (my country) seem to ocntradict your answer. My sister has been threatened by muslim boys of 8 years old, I got beat up once by an entire family for no reaosn at all. I'm not convicitng your religion, but then I heard things on tv and radio and you know how it goes, people believe that. I wanted answers, I asked my questions. I still don't know why so many (tough if you're a peaceful muslim in Belgium, I do apologize, I'm just talking about the bad ones which aparantly all seem to live here (by which I don't mean any muslim living here is bad). Some clarification would be appreciated :).

Again thank you for the answers.

Inferno
14th February 2008, 5:33 PM
On a side note:- Inferno, have you had a chance to work on the banners for the club? :)

Oops, I forgot, sorry, well, some unexpected events have recently occured, like the fact that I might change schools, which made me forget to make some banners, and I couldnt find pictures, I cant type well in Arabic on the keyboard, as I never practiced doing it >_>

EDIT: And Uza-Chan, you mispelled Pokewiz in the memberlist, you wrote Poewiz. Just wanted to make sure you know

Uzamaki Hinata
14th February 2008, 8:22 PM
Thank you, tough I have some new questions based on your answers :).
Once again, no meaning to be rude, I just want to know which prejudices are and aren't right about your religion.

As expected :) And seriously, no sweat. COme with whatever is bothering you.

When you said that no one turning away from the answer to become a Christian ir something would be harrased, I'm afraid I'll have to contradict that. For last year, or two years ago. A man from pakistan (iirc) (which I believe is an Islam country) was sentenced to death for becoming a muslim. I'm not sure wether or not he was actually killed because the United Nations put heavy pressure onto the government. How could this happen, when you say that turning away form the islam is discouraged, but not forbidden? (Not trying to be rude).

I suppose I've answered that question incorrectly Sorry. Anyway, the correct answer is that in an Islamic Country with an actual Islamic Government(no more today, I'm afraid) The punishment is death.... actually, I'll quote what my teacher emailed me...

"A Muslim that converts to another religion will not be allowed to do
so. The punishment for that in Islam is death, but the person can
always leave the country and go to an area that has mostly his
religion in it.

A person who was never a Muslim is free to practice whatever religion
he likes.

The reason being is that Muslims view Islam as not just a religion but
also a kind of 'citizenship'. Our religion incorporates all aspects
of our lives. So when a Muslim picks another religion it is as if he
is committing treason to the Muslim country he lives in.

But of course this has no bearing on people who live outside a Muslim
country. Muslims must follow the rules of whatever land they live in
and can never take the law into their hands. Even in most Muslim
countries today this rule is not enforced very strictly, which is
fine. This is a rule in Islam that my offend a lot of non-Muslims but
it was never enforced rigidly, at least for the most part. Once in a
while you will find one news story of a person being killed for this
reason but it is incredibly rare.

The law mostly functions as a symbolic reminder that Islam is more
than just a 'religion', that it incorporates all aspects of a Muslims
life."

So, basically, as long as you do it in another country, it doesn't matter. Also, to my understanding, no one's allowed to 'kill' another person any more because there really isn't a central Islamic Government any more. Most 'Islamic' countries are introducing more and more secular ideas in to the country. So no one has the power to do this.

I am actually partly surprised with your answers, and partly happy, and parlty sad.
While I'm happy and surprised about the fact that the Islam is not as violent/intolerant as people make it seem to be, I'm sad that the few muslims who live in Belgium (my country) seem to ocntradict your answer. My sister has been threatened by muslim boys of 8 years old, I got beat up once by an entire family for no reaosn at all. I'm not convicitng your religion, but then I heard things on tv and radio and you know how it goes, people believe that. I wanted answers, I asked my questions. I still don't know why so many (tough if you're a peaceful muslim in Belgium, I do apologize, I'm just talking about the bad ones which aparantly all seem to live here (by which I don't mean any muslim living here is bad). Some clarification would be appreciated :).

Again thank you for the answers.

Man, it's hard to try to say that Islam is peaceful when people run around making it look like it's not. -_-;;

Okay, Islam means peace, it preaches peace, we are not the type of people who just 'turn the other cheek' but at the same time, we are not told to harass anyone from other religions, in fact we're supposed to leave them alone. All of the Islamic laws named "Sharia'a" is there for Muslims only, not nonMuslims. If someone is not Muslim no one has the right to do anything to them. Heck, you don't have the right to do anything to anyone unless they do something to you. Sadly, we have bad examples of Islam who go walking around, making our religion look bad when it isn't. I suppose those few in Belgium either got the wrong message or are walking around in the 'dark' because really, if this religion wasn't peaceful, why would so many follow it with such conviction. I'm disappointed in those people who would think it was their duty to so such things, even if it was in a way an act of 'revenge', they should know that revenge is forbidden in Islam. *sighs* I'm very sorry that they did that to you and your sister. They really shouldn't have.

Oh, also, you are very welcome!

Oops, I forgot, sorry, well, some unexpected events have recently occured, like the fact that I might change schools, which made me forget to make some banners, and I couldnt find pictures, I cant type well in Arabic on the keyboard, as I never practiced doing it >_>

EDIT: And Uza-Chan, you mispelled Pokewiz in the memberlist, you wrote Poewiz. Just wanted to make sure you know

Ah, well, whenever things get sorted out, please do tell me. :D I'll send pictures for you then as soon as the weekend Insha'allah. If it's hard for you, then don't. I was going to prefer English anyway. ^__^

Pokewiz, uwa, I didn't even notice! I'll go back and change her name in the first post, thanks for telling me.

A-GAME
15th February 2008, 6:39 PM
Thanks Uzi-Chan!

I would like to comment on what Brett said about Osama Ben Laden killing in the name of Allah. And that he is saying that what he does he does it in the name of Jihad. Now let me put things straight regarding the term of "Jihad". Most people think that Jihad means for muslims to go fight and kill whoever are non-muslim or are against islam and that any muslim dies doing that will be rewarded with eternal life in heaven. Well that's wrong. Jihad is in fact a noble thing. What Jihad really means is to defend your religion and your country with all you have including your own life, against those who intent harm against our religion or muslim countries. Ben Laden indead misinterpreted the Quran. What he did is that he by the name of Jihad he tries to attack those who he thinks that they would harm our religion. He's making all of that on his own asumption. Islam never says to hate people of other religions. We believe that Islam is what completes Christianity and Jewdasim. Yes, Christianity and Jewdasim are segnificant parts of our religion.

We believe that all three heavenly religions are in fact one, sent from God Almighty. It's like each one that came was like an "update" to the one before. So we believe that Islam was the final word of God and the one religion that he has accepted for people around the world. We are supposed to introduce people around the world to that idea with peace, not with violance.

I hope that I've helped with that, and have a nice day to you all!

Lucario4ever
16th February 2008, 12:42 AM
Hey like the many curious people im here to ask question and do mean to respect your religion and will not try to be rude in any way.

Huh, I just thought Jihad meant "Holy-War" Also after you commit suicide for your religion why would you get 72 virgins. Isn't that can't of just unmoral for a heaven to have.

A-GAME
16th February 2008, 12:57 PM
Hey like the many curious people im here to ask question and do mean to respect your religion and will not try to be rude in any way.

Huh, I just thought Jihad meant "Holy-War" Also after you commit suicide for your religion why would you get 72 virgins. Isn't that can't of just unmoral for a heaven to have.

Dear Lucario4ever,
The thing is, it's not like commiting suicide for your religion, it's more like sucrificing the most precious thing you have, your life, defending your religion. We believe that the one who would accomplish such a thing, shall be rewarded with the highest level of heaven. It is said that in heaven, a person gets whatever he wishes for that he couldn't get in life, no matter what those wishes would be. Also a person in heaven shall have all of his pleasures satisfied, including the pleasure of sex. So, that's why a person described above gets what you said he would get. It is not unmoral, as it is only a matter of satisfying a pleasure.

Hope I have helped in answering your question, and have a nice day!

Uzamaki Hinata
18th February 2008, 7:40 AM
I hope that I've helped with that, and have a nice day to you all!

You have! Thank you very much for helping answering those questions- or actually, answering those questions, I probably wouldn't have been able to.

Anyway, I found some pics for the banner Inferno, if you'd like, I can send them to you, but for now, I'll just post it here, also, for the banner, I think it would be really nice if you had the background as green symbolizing Islam, thank you!

1- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:vW4f1mYCUpeXLM:http://www.mrdowling.com/images/605islam.gif

2- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eR53yftxb82baM:http://dlibrary.acu.edu.au/research/theology/ejournal/aejt_4/images/islam_prayer.jpg

3- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zluCNmWXdqheUM:http://www.open.ac.uk/Arts/a217/pics/l-islam1.jpg

4- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:LKmZK-mR9yiqOM:http://www.millatbazaar.com/mds/images/kashmiri_shawls/hijab_blue.jpg

5- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7k_xmPQ1GizwzM:http://staff.xu.edu/~tan/images/islam/allah.jpg

6- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Z1Bqp3nWJppTuM:http://www.hajjandumrahusa.com/Images/hajj.jpg

Well, that's it for now, if you'd like more, then please tell me. ^___^

Salam everyone

Inferno
18th February 2008, 7:47 AM
Anyway, I found some pics for the banner Inferno, if you'd like, I can send them to you, but for now, I'll just post it here, also, for the banner, I think it would be really nice if you had the background as green symbolizing Islam, thank you!

1- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:vW4f1mYCUpeXLM:http://www.mrdowling.com/images/605islam.gif

2- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eR53yftxb82baM:http://dlibrary.acu.edu.au/research/theology/ejournal/aejt_4/images/islam_prayer.jpg

3- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:zluCNmWXdqheUM:http://www.open.ac.uk/Arts/a217/pics/l-islam1.jpg

4- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:LKmZK-mR9yiqOM:http://www.millatbazaar.com/mds/images/kashmiri_shawls/hijab_blue.jpg

5- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7k_xmPQ1GizwzM:http://staff.xu.edu/~tan/images/islam/allah.jpg

6- http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Z1Bqp3nWJppTuM:http://www.hajjandumrahusa.com/Images/hajj.jpg

Well, that's it for now, if you'd like more, then please tell me. ^___^

Salam everyone

I love the pictures, Uza_chan ^_^, especially pictures 5 and 6, I'll do a banner when I'll be able to use the computer, because I'm using the laptop now, and about the background, do you want it to be only light green with the pictures? or dark green? or light green with little white spaces?

00hbani
23rd February 2008, 10:25 AM
I'm Christian but I have a quick question regarding Islam. Now correct if I am mistaken but there are 25 prophets cited by the Quran with Mohammed being the last of the prophets, also elevated to universal prophet like Jesus and Moses. Why is Mohammed the last prophet? In Islam is it possible for other people to have revelations from God like Mohammed did and the other prophets did? Agian I am not patronizing but I am rather curious.Muhammad s.a.w last prophet because there are millions of prophets in the world.It could be your country.So it was the last prophet because allah ask that he will not sent anothor prophet untill the 4 great men came.The one who create christain is Isa a.s,the one who create jesus is musa a.s. but I'm not really sure.

00hbani
23rd February 2008, 1:01 PM
Also I'm really afraid about the rules because I'm really unsure of them.So if I do something I get the mistake from the rules.But I'm really afraid to join but can I?Sorry.

Power of Fire
23rd February 2008, 1:25 PM
i'm in, me islam too, believe it or not........

A-GAME
23rd February 2008, 1:54 PM
Muhammad s.a.w last prophet because there are millions of prophets in the world.It could be your country.So it was the last prophet because allah ask that he will not sent anothor prophet untill the 4 great men came.The one who create christain is Isa a.s,the one who create jesus is musa a.s. but I'm not really sure.

Umm, You mean the prophet that presented Christianity was Isiah (Jesus), and the prophet who presented Jewdasim was Mosis, am I right? I believe that is what you were trying to say.

It's like, Moses have passed the torch to Isiah (Jesus), who eventually passed it to Mohammed, who's message is to spread the word of God to the entire humanity. So basically by carrying the same torch, they are trying to deliver the same massege. ;)

00hbani
24th February 2008, 3:26 PM
Umm, You mean the prophet that presented Christianity was Isiah (Jesus), and the prophet who presented Jewdasim was Mosis, am I right? I believe that is what you were trying to say.

It's like, Moses have passed the torch to Isiah (Jesus), who eventually passed it to Mohammed, who's message is to spread the word of God to the entire humanity. So basically by carrying the same torch, they are trying to deliver the same massege. ;)I don't get it of what you say but can you name the 4 kitab's?

Uzamaki Hinata
25th February 2008, 2:37 AM
Welcome 00hbani and Power of Fire, you will be added to the member list shortly, or whenever I feel like it XD

Also I'm really afraid about the rules because I'm really unsure of them.

I'm not going to ban you or anything, but in order to not spread confusion of the religion of Islam, it's better to be sure of your answers. :)

I love the pictures, Uza_chan ^_^, especially pictures 5 and 6, I'll do a banner when I'll be able to use the computer, because I'm using the laptop now, and about the background, do you want it to be only light green with the pictures? or dark green? or light green with little white spaces?

Thank youuu! hmm, I don't know, well, whatever looks nice I guess cuz I'm not sure really. :D

00hbani
25th February 2008, 12:09 PM
[/QUOTE]Hey.Can I ask you something.I have a period.I know I shouldn't pray,read quran,or do something that is islamic.But can I read quran if I did not touch the quran.Also Can I say surat and doa's in my memory and say it?Because I'm getting struggling on this so people say to me you shouldn't or you should.

Another one is if I have period,can I wash my hair?I know I can take a bath but not my hair.My guardian said you shouldn't but opptional I can wash my hair.And when my period is finished,I should take a bath and wash everything.And accidently I didn't wash my hair.I prayed accidently because I don't know I have to wash my hair.What would happen?

And one more.Are you a girl Uzamaki Hinata?Please don't say your a boy.

Uzamaki Hinata
26th February 2008, 3:47 AM
Hey.Can I ask you something.I have a period.I know I shouldn't pray,read quran,or do something that is islamic.But can I read quran if I did not touch the quran.Also Can I say surat and doa's in my memory and say it?Because I'm getting struggling on this so people say to me you shouldn't or you should.

Another one is if I have period,can I wash my hair?I know I can take a bath but not my hair.My guardian said you shouldn't but opptional I can wash my hair.And when my period is finished,I should take a bath and wash everything.And accidently I didn't wash my hair.I prayed accidently because I don't know I have to wash my hair.What would happen?

And one more.Are you a girl Uzamaki Hinata?Please don't say your a boy.

I'm a girl, do not worry :p

Okay, I'll answer your questions to the best of my knowledge, and if you'd like, I could email my Islamic Studies teacher the question, but then he's a guy, so, it's up to you if you want me too.

Anyway...

Okay, well, I heard that when it comes to reading Quran, like from reading the actual Quran, it is forbidden when you are on your menstruation. As for reciting it in your head, I've never heard anything saying you couldn't. But I think it's encouraged not to, and if you want to recite it or learn it because you don't want to forget it, I think it's okay then.

Not washing your hair, really? O_O? I've never heard of that one. I know that after your period is over, you should wash your whole body, so yeah, I think that includes your hair as well. If you didn't know, than it doesn't matter. Your prayer was still counted

Out of respect, do not read what I wrote, guys. :p

Anyway, I hope I helped you, though I'll say that I'm not sure, I could ask my Islamic Studies teacher, or a friend of mine who's probably more knowledgable on the subject. But yeah, actually, I will ask her and whenever she answers, I'll tell you, okay? Please be patient. :)

Vantage
26th February 2008, 10:47 AM
Hey there guys, I have a few questions. Apologies if I come across as rude or anything.

If it says in the Quran that Islamic people have to be peaceful, why is it that people like Osama Bin Laden insist on being violent? You said earlier that Muslims should accept people of other religions, yet extremists hate Christians and Jews. Are they actually not obeying the Quran, or are they allowed to be violent?

Secondly, why is it that women wear the... I'm not sure what it's called, the headscarf thing. I've always thought it's because they don't want people looking at them, but I'm not sure.

Finally, do you guys think that we could ever achieve unity between religions? Considering Christianity, Judaism and Islam are EXTREMELY similar, I don't see why there needs to be silly conflict. Being an athiest, it all seems silly that we're all sending bombs at eachother despite the fact our religions are almost identical.

My alologies if I've offended anyone here. I know this kind of topic is very sensitive and such.

A-GAME
26th February 2008, 3:50 PM
Welcome Vantage. I'll be more than pleased to answer your questions. :)

If it says in the Quran that Islamic people have to be peaceful, why is it that people like Osama Bin Laden insist on being violent? You said earlier that Muslims should accept people of other religions, yet extremists hate Christians and Jews. Are they actually not obeying the Quran, or are they allowed to be violent?

The reason why Osama Bin Laden and other extremists hates Christians, Jews, and people of other religions is that they have misintrepreted the teachings of the Quran and behaved as to that matter. The Quran states clearly that Muslims should fight with all they have, those who actually do any harm to muslim lands or toward muslims. Extremists took that concept and behaved as if all Americans and other people of the world hate muslims and intend to cause harm to us. Thus, they are doing what they have been doing. The problem is that they are doing it in the name of our religion, so people around the world think that this is the message our religion is trying to spread. Muslims' job around the world is to try to erease that image by showing to the world what our true message is really all about. A job that we apperantly are not handling very well, unfortunately. :(

Secondly, why is it that women wear the... I'm not sure what it's called, the headscarf thing. I've always thought it's because they don't want people looking at them, but I'm not sure.

The Islamic "official" costum for women is to have them cover lots of their body parts, including their hear. A muslim woman gets to wear whatever she wants as long as it covers her body parts. By that, muslims believe that it is a way to preserve women's rights and degnity. So that she would take a more viable role in soceity, rather than to have her success be compared upon the way she or her body looks like.

Finally, do you guys think that we could ever achieve unity between religions? Considering Christianity, Judaism and Islam are EXTREMELY similar, I don't see why there needs to be silly conflict. Being an athiest, it all seems silly that we're all sending bombs at eachother despite the fact our religions are almost identical.

Achieving unity between the three heavenly religions is one of Islam's main goals. It could be acheived by understanding each other and accepting each other as who we really are. It also dismays me on how "throwing bombs at each other" has become the solution to whatever conflict that might arise between us, no matter how silly it might be.

My alologies if I've offended anyone here. I know this kind of topic is very sensitive and such.

Not at all. As said before, we will be more than happy to clear out any matter that some people might have a hard time dealing with. This is part of our mission.

I hope that I've been successful in clearing out your doubts. And always remember, if you are not sure about something regarding Islam, you know where you can find us! ;)

00hbani
26th February 2008, 4:00 PM
Can everybody tell me information about "salatul Jinnazah"?I'm really confused on that when my islamic teacher asks about it.(Please tell!!!).

A-GAME
26th February 2008, 4:29 PM
Can everybody tell me information about "salatul Jinnazah"?I'm really confused on that when my islamic teacher asks about it.(Please tell!!!).

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

"Salat Al-Janaza", or the prayer of tribute to the dead, is a special prayer performed on the dead body of a muslim in tribute in order to ask God to bless his soul. It is performed by the following steps:

- The dead body is placed in the direction of "Al-Qeblah" and people gather behind it and get ready to perform the Salat Al-Janazah, pretty much the same way they gather to do any normal Salat (or prayer).

- The "Imam" then does four seperate "takbeerat al-Ihram" with doing the following steps after each "takbeerah":
1. After the first Takbir, read Al-Fatihah.

2. After the second takbir, recite Tashahhud and Salat al-Ibrahimiya.

3. After the third Takbir, pray (du'aa) for the deceased person, his or her relatives, and all Muslims in general.

4. After the fourth Takbir, finish the prayer by uttering Assalamu Alaikum while turning to the right.

- Be noted that the whole prayer is performed while standing, as the prayers do not sit at any time during it like other types of prayer.

I hope I've been able to help. Don't hesitate to ask if you still have doubts. :)

Uzamaki Hinata
26th February 2008, 5:40 PM
God, ROCK-RULEZ, you're awesome when it comes to answering the questions, I don't even know what to say. O_O XD Thank you very much though, it is important to spread knowledge.

Just wanted to comment on a few of them, just to give in my own input. :D

The Islamic "official" costum for women is to have them cover lots of their body parts, including their hear. A muslim woman gets to wear whatever she wants as long as it covers her body parts. By that, muslims believe that it is a way to preserve women's rights and degnity. So that she would take a more viable role in soceity, rather than to have her success be compared upon the way she or her body looks like.

They are allowed to show only their face and hands in the presence of men who are 1) not apart of their close family (I.e. random guys) 2) cousins (basically meaning anyone who they can marry)

But they can show their hair to their brothers, dads, sisters, friends, any women in general :p

Also, other than the reason of dignity it is said that if the women did not cover themselves it is a way of seducing the men(because men are very weak hearted or something)

:- just to comment on your previous question 00hbani, I asked my friend, and you can wash your hair whenever you'd like really, but it's best to wait after the first three days to take a shower, you know?

But yeah, that's all. :)

oh yeah, masha'Allah, ROCK-RULEZ, you have very good Islamic Knowledge! :)

A-GAME
26th February 2008, 6:07 PM
^ You are welcome Uza-chan! And thank you for those kind words of compliment. :) I'm only doing what I am supposed to do. ;) And by that I'm happy to be able to help clear out all the doubts regarding our religion. :D

00hbani
26th February 2008, 6:49 PM
^ You are welcome Uza-chan! And thank you for those kind words of compliment. :) I'm only doing what I am supposed to do. ;) And by that I'm happy to be able to help clear out all the doubts regarding our religion. :D
Heheheh...Thanks for asking.But can you ask or write the doa's from the 4 steps.Accept al fatihah because I know it.(Now it get's complicated,I think I'm sure you'll be alright).

A-GAME
26th February 2008, 7:02 PM
Heheheh...Thanks for asking.But can you ask or write the doa's from the 4 steps.Accept al fatihah because I know it.(Now it get's complicated,I think I'm sure you'll be alright).

Ok, I'll do my best. :)

- After the first takbir you read Al-Fatiha

- After the second one, simply read "Al-Tashahhud". You know, the one we read at the end of "As-Sallat" right before "Al-Salam Alikum wa rahmat Allah" by which we finish the prayer.

- After the third, you start randomly praying (du'aa) to the person who died, his family, and to all Muslims around the world.

- And finally after the fourth, you finish the prayer the same way you finish any prayer, by saying "Al-Salamu Alaykum wa rahmatu-Allah wa barakatuh" at both sides.

Hope this helps. :)

00hbani
26th February 2008, 8:02 PM
Ok, I'll do my best. :)

- After the first takbir you read Al-Fatiha

- After the second one, simply read "Al-Tashahhud". You know, the one we read at the end of "As-Sallat" right before "Al-Salam Alikum wa rahmat Allah" by which we finish the prayer.

- After the third, you start randomly praying (du'aa) to the person who died, his family, and to all Muslims around the world.

- And finally after the fourth, you finish the prayer the same way you finish any prayer, by saying "Al-Salamu Alaykum wa rahmatu-Allah wa barakatuh" at both sides.

Hope this helps. :)Oh never mind about about what you've said.I'll find out by myself so don't worry.Anyway,just write what to say in the doa,for example:alhamdulillah hirabil alamin,arrahman nirahim.And so on.But don't worry you've tried your best.And in addition to,thanks for telling me the steps but I meant by the doa's.(Sorry,please appoligise me).

A-GAME
26th February 2008, 8:11 PM
^ No problem. Glad I could help as much as I can. :)

00hbani
28th February 2008, 1:38 PM
:- just to comment on your previous question 00hbani, I asked my friend, and you can wash your hair whenever you'd like really, but it's best to wait after the first three days to take a shower, you know?

God.I never wash my hair during I have period.When I go to sleep,I scratched my hair in the last minute.LOL.:D

Inferno
2nd March 2008, 9:05 AM
Here's a banner:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/legendary_catcher/Banners/MuslimsUnitedBanner.png
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/legendary_catcher/Banners/MuslimsUnitedBanner.png

Just remove the * , I know it may not be my best one, but at least I tried ^_^

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd March 2008, 7:25 AM
Here's a banner:

Just remove the * , I know it may not be my best one, but at least I tried ^_^

that is... that is... that is so totally awesome!!!!! XD Thank you very much for making it Inferno, seriously!!! And it's very pretty!!! I'm not saying this just to be nice by the way :) I'll add this to the first post soon.

God.I never wash my hair during I have period.When I go to sleep,I scratched my hair in the last minute.LOL.

Since there are guys in this club and since we are trying to promote Islam and all, I think it's best that you hide info like this in spoiler tags, it's not very Islamic to blurt things out that has to do with, ehhh, that stuff.

Anyways, I'm still confused as to why someone would tell you not to wash your hair. O_O??

Inferno
3rd March 2008, 1:31 PM
that is... that is... that is so totally awesome!!!!! XD Thank you very much for making it Inferno, seriously!!! And it's very pretty!!! I'm not saying this just to be nice by the way :) I'll add this to the first post soon.

Glad you like it! :D ^_^ I will do the others later ^_^

Uzamaki Hinata
6th March 2008, 6:26 AM
New topic to add I guess...

If you were in a situation where you're at a table filled with your friends(all guys if you're a guy and all girls if you're a girl), and a person of the opposite gender comes and sits down and begins talking with all your friends and joking, what would you do?

Girls and guys aren't supposed to be friends, it's not islamic. SO the first thing I'd do is leave. words are only words that people don't always listen to. :)

Inferno
6th March 2008, 1:02 PM
Its finally the weekend here :D

topic: Well, there cant possible be a situation like that in my school, as its the boys section, no girls. But if there were, I'd just leave, a girl talking to my friends, well, I suppose I'm not involved, so, I'll just leave them

00hbani
6th March 2008, 4:12 PM
Since there are guys in this club and since we are trying to promote Islam and all, I think it's best that you hide info like this in spoiler tags, it's not very Islamic to blurt things out that has to do with, ehhh, that stuff.

Anyways, I'm still confused as to why someone would tell you not to wash your hair. O_O??Yeah,you're right.I can't put any spoiler tags because I don't know how to do it.Also I can pray.So it's finished.Who prayed 5 times in a daily.I know some don't.And me:Yes:)

Uzamaki Hinata
7th March 2008, 5:43 AM
Yeah,you're right.I can't put any spoiler tags because I don't know how to do it.Also I can pray.So it's finished.Who prayed 5 times in a daily.I know some don't.And me:Yes:)

Praying five times a day is what is said in Islam, of course, sometimes people don't listen to what is said :)

Its finally the weekend here :D

aw, I want it to be weekend here >.<

tuan_pokemon
7th March 2008, 1:45 PM
If you were in a situation where you're at a table filled with your friends(all guys if you're a guy and all girls if you're a girl), and a person of the opposite gender comes and sits down and begins talking with all your friends and joking, what would you do?

For that topic, I will still be on that table and keep on talking, I like to talk to anyone, no matter if they are a girl or a boy.
But I disagree about the boys can't be friends with girls, it depends on how friendly you get with them. You can be friends with the opposite gender as long as it's just in the normal way. I have lot's of girl friends (what I meant is friends that's a girl) and nothing bad ever happens. In my country all school have boys and girls on the same class, except if you decide to go to an Islamic school, they separate them.
But then again it's still up to you
That's just from my point of view :)

00hbani
7th March 2008, 4:47 PM
Praying five times a day is what is said in Islam, of course, sometimes people don't listen to what is said :)So did you pray 5 times a daily?:)

Emperor Giratina
7th March 2008, 5:25 PM
Sorry for my absence... I was very busy... -.-

Uzamaki Hinata
7th March 2008, 5:50 PM
For that topic, I will still be on that table and keep on talking, I like to talk to anyone, no matter if they are a girl or a boy.
But I disagree about the boys can't be friends with girls, it depends on how friendly you get with them. You can be friends with the opposite gender as long as it's just in the normal way. I have lot's of girl friends (what I meant is friends that's a girl) and nothing bad ever happens. In my country all school have boys and girls on the same class, except if you decide to go to an Islamic school, they separate them.
But then again it's still up to you
That's just from my point of view :)

That's true, it does depend on how friendly you are with the opposite gender. And, well, being friendly is different from being friends. I mean, the scholars of Islam(as my teacher told me) says that to talk with the opposite gender isn't haram completely, but you shouldn't treat them as if they are you're same gender. You know what I mean? Like, you can't be talking with them about stuff you would say to your guy friends or whatever. But anyway, when talking to a girl or a guy, it should be you and someone else with one or more of the opposite gender.

So did you pray 5 times a daily? :)

Yeah :D

Sorry for my absence... I was very busy... -.-

Tis okay

tuan_pokemon
8th March 2008, 4:51 AM
Right I understand, so you don't talk about things that you usually talk with the same gender friends to the other gender, because it would make them not comfortable.
Yes and you should be with someone else when talking to another gender, like with your friend or the opposite gender's friend, as that could prevent from anything bad to happen.

Pokemonforever
9th March 2008, 3:37 PM
Let's discuss more on the miracles of Islam. For example, did you know that the Quran has mentioned about the Big Bang theory?

al-Anbiyyaa 21:30

Have not the disbeli

Pokemonforever
9th March 2008, 3:40 PM
Let's discuss more on the miracles of Islam. For example, did you know that the Quran has mentioned about the Big Bang theory?

al-Anbiyyaa 21:30

Have not the disbeli

00hbani
12th March 2008, 7:38 PM
New topic to add I guess...

Girls and guys aren't supposed to be friends, it's not islamic. SO the first thing I'd do is leave. words are only words that people don't always listen to. :)
Hey,where did that reply found?Where is it?(Sorry).

Uzamaki Hinata
12th March 2008, 9:35 PM
Hey,where did that reply found?Where is it?(Sorry).

:confused:

Oh yeah, just wanted to say, Pokemonforever, I'll give you one day or I'll have to give you a strike. No double posting, remember? ^__^;;

Right I understand, so you don't talk about things that you usually talk with the same gender friends to the other gender, because it would make them not comfortable.
Yes and you should be with someone else when talking to another gender, like with your friend or the opposite gender's friend, as that could prevent from anything bad to happen.

Also, the shaytan is said to be there if a girl and guy are alone, that even IF they don't have bad intentions, something bad could always happen. :)

gtab x3
13th March 2008, 12:02 AM
but lots of muslims boys and girls always talk and others have not followed many rules. my parents never said i sannot talk to a muslim boy. and once me a muslim girl and another boy were all in the same small computer room

Uzamaki Hinata
14th March 2008, 5:31 PM
but lots of muslims boys and girls always talk and others have not followed many rules. my parents never said i sannot talk to a muslim boy. and once me a muslim girl and another boy were all in the same small computer room

I know, but not all Muslim people listen to everything they're supposed to. Swearing for example, lots of people swear, and it's haram too. It's also haram to disrespect your parents, but tons of people do it. It's also haram to not wear hijab and... well, okay, you get the point.

It's not the 'talking' to boys portion that's haram. It's the fact that when a boy and a girl are alone, the shaytan is there as well, trying to tempt them to do the haram. Even if you have good intentions. Either way, it's my personal belief that guys and girls shouldn't be friends, but listen to whoever is the person who tells you about Islam in your home, I guess. I can't force anyone to do whatever they don't want to.

00hbani
16th March 2008, 8:31 PM
:confused:

Oh yeah, just wanted to say, Pokemonforever, I'll give you one day or I'll have to give you a strike. No double posting, remember? ^__^;;

Uhhh.I mean not that post.The one that I'm talking to.The new topic remember?I always do double posting or tripple(3 posts).Not because they do it purposely,they do it accidently.Because I have that problem as well.so maybe if he wants to post,then maybe he has a problem on his posting.Don't kill him:)
Also,is it haram that I have a boyfreind?Or other people who has a girlfreind or a boyfreind.Because I don't know this.Please help:)

Uzamaki Hinata
17th March 2008, 7:30 AM
Uhhh.I mean not that post.The one that I'm talking to.The new topic remember?I always do double posting or tripple(3 posts).Not because they do it purposely,they do it accidently.Because I have that problem as well.so maybe if he wants to post,then maybe he has a problem on his posting.Don't kill him:)
Also,is it haram that I have a boyfreind?Or other people who has a girlfreind or a boyfreind.Because I don't know this.Please help:)

If you double or triple post, then all you have to do is press the 'edit' button at the end of the post you want to delete(after it's already been posted I mean) and then delete it.

Also, yes, yes, it is haram. It is haram for a guy and girl to have any type of relationship like that before marriage. So, I'd suggest you end it with whoever or you'll get sins for it ;)

Inferno
18th March 2008, 4:57 AM
I'm sorry for inactiveness, I'm being given LOADS of homework, plus I was busy with other clubs.
I've got a holiday on Thursday because it's the day where Prophet Mohammed (May peace be upon him) was born, or as we Muslims call it al mawlid annabawi. So expect a banner on that day ^_^

00hbani
18th March 2008, 1:19 PM
If you double or triple post, then all you have to do is press the 'edit' button at the end of the post you want to delete(after it's already been posted I mean) and then delete it.

Also, yes, yes, it is haram. It is haram for a guy and girl to have any type of relationship like that before marriage. So, I'd suggest you end it with whoever or you'll get sins for it ;)
Awwww....It's not fair.Is there any list that girls relationship with boys that is haram?Please give some details(information):)

Uzamaki Hinata
19th March 2008, 3:56 AM
So expect a banner on that day ^_^

Awesome, so cannot wait! I love your banners :)

Awwww....It's not fair.Is there any list that girls relationship with boys that is haram?Please give some details(information):)

Er, I don't think you're allowed to say 'unfair' when it comes to religion, it's something that's been put down and you have to do it. Also, for the question, I don't understand what you mean. :/

Pokewiz
19th March 2008, 7:41 AM

I've never understood the reason behind you guys not being allowed to 'date' or whatever. I mean, I get the whole, um, being clean before marriage, but, you know, just, can someone explain that?

Emperor Giratina
19th March 2008, 2:27 PM

Yes, that is truly correct...

@ Inferno: Happy Al Mawlid Annabawi! :D

00hbani
19th March 2008, 2:31 PM
Er, I don't think you're allowed to say 'unfair' when it comes to religion, it's something that's been put down and you have to do it. Also, for the question, I don't understand what you mean. :/Ok,I understand.I just want to ask some ways that is haram to be relationship to boys.Can you ask.Please don't be angry to me:(I was just asking so that I will not say "unfair"

P.S.I get some more information from when it is haram being relationship to boys.

Uzamaki Hinata
19th March 2008, 11:01 PM
I've never understood the reason behind you guys not being allowed to 'date' or whatever. I mean, I get the whole, um, being clean before marriage, but, you know, just, can someone explain that?

Well, I don't know what to say other than the fact that God says we shouldn't. Anyways, I'm going to ask my I/S teacher for an explanation, okay? then whenever I get it, I'll post the answer.

Yes, that is truly correct...

lol, you seem to pop in randomly. :D But, thanks :)

Also, forgot to say, but Happy Al Mawlid Annabawi, Inferno! Well, since the prophet (peace be upon him)'s birthday was that day, and mind you, I'm not saying this on a way to, um, 'celebrate' it because if I remember correctly, this is the same day he died. Either way, maybe we should post up a favorite story of our's from the seera(his life story) of the Prophet being a great example of Islam? Yeah, if anyone would like to contribute, then go right ahead. :)

Ok,I understand.I just want to ask some ways that is haram to be relationship to boys.Can you ask.Please don't be angry to me:(I was just asking so that I will not say "unfair"

P.S.I get some more information from when it is haram being relationship to boys.

I'm not angry, don't worry. :) If I was, I'd mention it, I guess. Um, anyway, I'm guessing you mean that is there a way for someone to have a relationship with a boy without it being haraam? If so, then, as I said before and I'll keep saying, (since this is what my teacher taught me and this is pretty much something I've been raised on) I don't think there is. It is completely haram to have a boyfriend or have any type of romantic type of relationship with a guy before marriage. Also, since I've been taught this, it's also encouraged not to be friends with a guy. Or you know, be all buddy-buddy. Most times, you should only keep your relationship on a professional level. It is said that when the Prophet(peace be upon him) spoke to women, he wouldn't look them in the eye, just as men were told not too. Women weren't expected to look men in the eye either.

There was a time when Omar Ibn Khattab(ra) was Calipha. And of course, at this time, subhannallah, there were a lot of Muslim converts. But since they were converts, these Muslims continued on acting as they always have, and were socializing with the oposite gender. Aisha (one of the Prophet's wives) and Omar found out that there was too much socializing between genders- especially when they were going to the masjid so Aisha and Omar spoke and decided that they were going to ban women from going to the masjid temporarily so everyone could learn to become better Muslims, and when it was time, the women would be allowed to come back.

Now I think that Muslim men and women shouldn't even be friends. I've been taught that and my teacher said that there really is no scholar who says it's okay to be friends. Ask your sheikh if you're not all that sure. But that doesn't mean you can't talk to them whenever your confronted with a project to do and you have to be with them. That doesn't mean you have to be socially retarded and freak out whenever a guy/girl comes near you. No, that just means that men and women shouldn't be so close up to the extent that they treat each other like they would to friends of their own gender.

gtab x3
20th March 2008, 1:06 AM
this might be a little off topic about what you are saying but there is a t.v. show in canada that is called little mosque on the prairie. they sometimes make fun of muslims even though they are all muslims. they do not follow the rules of being a muslim and give non muslims a bad name
here is a link to the website:http://www.cbc.ca/littlemosque/
and the first episode :http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4689644836814333621

Uzamaki Hinata
20th March 2008, 4:29 AM
this might be a little off topic about what you are saying but there is a t.v. show in canada that is called little mosque on the prairie. they sometimes make fun of muslims even though they are all muslims. they do not follow the rules of being a muslim and give non muslims a bad name
here is a link to the website:http://www.cbc.ca/littlemosque/
and the first episode :http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4689644836814333621

Er.... yeah, it is off-topic. But... wow... what the heck is that? That show is really unislamic. In the middle of prayer, you just get up and follow whoever? Women not wearing proper hijab? Wow, I don't mean to be defensive or whatever, and I'm pretty sure it could be a decent show to watch just for fun, but, wow. It was weird.

@ Pokewiz: Got an answer from my teacher, though he didn't fully answer why, my bad for that.

"You can tell them that a Muslim man and woman can get to know each
other through talking and being together but it has to be chaperoned
and they can never be alone with each other. And of course the
intention for these conversations should be for the sake of possibly
getting married."

Inferno
20th March 2008, 7:34 AM
Another banner, but may be too small because the piccies are small :/ Next time I'll do a banner, I'll copy and paste a picture 4 times xD;

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/legendary_catcher/Banners/MuslimsUnitedBanner2.png

00hbani
20th March 2008, 1:04 PM
I'm not angry, don't worry. :) If I was, I'd mention it, I guess. Um, anyway, I'm guessing you mean that is there a way for someone to have a relationship with a boy without it being haraam? If so, then, as I said before and I'll keep saying, (since this is what my teacher taught me and this is pretty much something I've been raised on) I don't think there is. It is completely haram to have a boyfriend or have any type of romantic type of relationship with a guy before marriage. Also, since I've been taught this, it's also encouraged not to be friends with a guy. Or you know, be all buddy-buddy. Most times, you should only keep your relationship on a professional level. It is said that when the Prophet(peace be upon him) spoke to women, he wouldn't look them in the eye, just as men were told not too. Women weren't expected to look men in the eye either.

There was a time when Omar Ibn Khattab(ra) was Calipha. And of course, at this time, subhannallah, there were a lot of Muslim converts. But since they were converts, these Muslims continued on acting as they always have, and were socializing with the oposite gender. Aisha (one of the Prophet's wives) and Omar found out that there was too much socializing between genders- especially when they were going to the masjid so Aisha and Omar spoke and decided that they were going to ban women from going to the masjid temporarily so everyone could learn to become better Muslims, and when it was time, the women would be allowed to come back.

Now I think that Muslim men and women shouldn't even be friends. I've been taught that and my teacher said that there really is no scholar who says it's okay to be friends. Ask your sheikh if you're not all that sure. But that doesn't mean you can't talk to them whenever your confronted with a project to do and you have to be with them. That doesn't mean you have to be socially retarded and freak out whenever a guy/girl comes near you. No, that just means that men and women shouldn't be so close up to the extent that they treat each other like they would to friends of their own gender.
Ok.I understand.When I asked my parents,you can have relationship with a boy(boyfreind).They said it's ok if it's normal but no kissing or bad disgusting stuff(you know).The normal part means that they can sit and talk or do something good.Please don't be angry.I've found this information from my parents.Don't argue:)

Uzamaki Hinata
20th March 2008, 10:35 PM
Ok.I understand.When I asked my parents,you can have relationship with a boy(boyfreind).They said it's ok if it's normal but no kissing or bad disgusting stuff(you know).The normal part means that they can sit and talk or do something good.Please don't be angry.I've found this information from my parents.Don't argue:)

Um, okay. Can I ask a quick question? Do you go to public school? Not like there's anything wrong with it, but just out of curiosity.

Anyway, on to my answer. This isn't an argument(what I'm writing) at least it's not intended to be. And I'm pretty sure that you have a lot of respect for your parents to be listening to them. But I want you to just read this before you proclaim that as being right, okay? I'm not mad or anything, I just want to set this straight.

As I'm writing right now(or actually a little but before right now) I researched the topic of 'dating' in Islam- and believe me, I already know it's haram- but I wanted to get an explanation to you. Anyway, this is what I got:

Asalamu aleykum

First of all, you should know that dating is absolutely haram. It is haram to keep company with a man outside marriage, haram to touch, haram to flirt, haram to be alone with him, haram for him to see anything of you besides your face and your hands, haram for him to see your makeup, perfume, or jewelry, and haram to speak to him in an affectionate or flirtatious way. It is haram to date.

This is what every website I looked at said. Everyone believes in this. But before you close your mind to what I'm saying, just, really, think about it. In any of the stories you heard of great people in Islam, do you remember any of them having relationships with the opposite gender outside of marriage or family? Or, actually, do you know any scholar who supports dating? If they ever said they have, the type of dating they mean occurs after marriage when their relationship is halal.

And, I'm pretty sure your parents tell you those things with the best intention, but if so many scholars say this (or should I say all scholars), shouldn't you stop what you're doing as well? Of course, if you read over what this guy said, it is even haram to be alone with them.

Talk with your parents, talk to a sheikh, find up scholars. If even one, just one, saying that dating before marriage is halal, then you can go ahead and do it. But at least tell me you will, I don't want you to end up doing something God might punish you for. :(

00hbani
21st March 2008, 1:21 PM
Um, okay. Can I ask a quick question? Do you go to public school? Not like there's anything wrong with it, but just out of curiosity.

Anyway, on to my answer. This isn't an argument(what I'm writing) at least it's not intended to be. And I'm pretty sure that you have a lot of respect for your parents to be listening to them. But I want you to just read this before you proclaim that as being right, okay? I'm not mad or anything, I just want to set this straight.

As I'm writing right now(or actually a little but before right now) I researched the topic of 'dating' in Islam- and believe me, I already know it's haram- but I wanted to get an explanation to you. Anyway, this is what I got:

This is what every website I looked at said. Everyone believes in this. But before you close your mind to what I'm saying, just, really, think about it. In any of the stories you heard of great people in Islam, do you remember any of them having relationships with the opposite gender outside of marriage or family? Or, actually, do you know any scholar who supports dating? If they ever said they have, the type of dating they mean occurs after marriage when their relationship is halal.

And, I'm pretty sure your parents tell you those things with the best intention, but if so many scholars say this (or should I say all scholars), shouldn't you stop what you're doing as well? Of course, if you read over what this guy said, it is even haram to be alone with them.

Talk with your parents, talk to a sheikh, find up scholars. If even one, just one, saying that dating before marriage is halal, then you can go ahead and do it. But at least tell me you will, I don't want you to end up doing something God might punish you for. :(
No public school.But there is an islamic school from where I live.It's called Dar-Al Arqam.And I learn there from indonesian people to taught Islam stuff.Anyway,the teacher said she will explain everything about being relationship to boys.Well,she didn't turn up on that day.So I got a bit confused on it.But still I think it doesn't work like that.For example:I cover everything on my body and then a boy likes me.So not all the time they see jewellrey and stuff whatever.They cover everything and also wear hijab to prevent other people to see their body.What do you think?It makes me curious when I see people hanging out with their relationships.Even in my hometown I saw this.

Another question,how can they get married if there is no relationship on something?The only thing is they cover everything to prevent people to see her body.So on that website,I think they mention on the things that women doesn't cover her body up.I heard my teacher saying this.Explaining about wearing hijab and other things.So do you think it looks haram?Well no.As long as I cover all of my body,none other boys like me.So no questions answered on this:)

Uzamaki Hinata
23rd March 2008, 4:18 AM
No public school.But there is an islamic school from where I live.It's called Dar-Al Arqam.And I learn there from indonesian people to taught Islam stuff.Anyway,the teacher said she will explain everything about being relationship to boys.Well,she didn't turn up on that day.So I got a bit confused on it.But still I think it doesn't work like that.For example:I cover everything on my body and then a boy likes me.So not all the time they see jewellrey and stuff whatever.They cover everything and also wear hijab to prevent other people to see their body.What do you think?It makes me curious when I see people hanging out with their relationships.Even in my hometown I saw this.

No, but it isn't the whole 'covering' yourself thing that has to do with it. It's the fact that being with a boy, whether you are romantically in to him or are just friends with him, alone is haram. If your intention was to be with that boy alone, then it is haram. Unless they're married, they're really not supposed to be going around doing that. There is even an ayah talking about just that. Here it is:

"The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ma'idah 5:5

...(Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girlfriends. ..."

So, even if a boy does happen to like you, he really shouldn't voice it out. The only way to make a relationship halal is to get married. :)

Another question,how can they get married if there is no relationship on something?The only thing is they cover everything to prevent people to see her body.So on that website,I think they mention on the things that women doesn't cover her body up.I heard my teacher saying this.Explaining about wearing hijab and other things.So do you think it looks haram?Well no.As long as I cover all of my body,none other boys like me.So no questions answered on this:)

Well, I'm going to quote my teacher, he said this:

"a Muslim man and woman can get to know each
other through talking and being together but it has to be chaperoned
and they can never be alone with each other. And of course the
intention for these conversations should be for the sake of possibly
getting married"

This is the only HALAL way to get married. Some people may tell you otherwise, but this is the only way Allah will allow it.

Of course, I know that she didn't or that she stopped because of whatever reason, and yes, not wearing hijab is haram. And no one can tell you it isn't. but, let's get over that for right now. You'll have to understand that even if this girl and guy are maybe one of the best muslims there is today- a relationship like boyfriend-girlfriend is still haram. Anyway, if your teacher ever gets back to you, please tell me what she says. :)

A-GAME
25th March 2008, 9:44 PM
Peace be upon you all.

I would like to place a comment on the subject of "dating" regarding islam. First of all, I would like to assert on whatever Uzamaki Hinata has stated regarding that matter. Islam has always been against having boys and girls being left together or go alone in a date. But that might take someone to wonder, what exactly the reason for that? What exactly the message that is to be sent to us through that attitude towards dating? Well, the answer is pretty simple really. I would like to think of it as follows: Any kind of relationship between a man or a woman that might lead to placing the persons envolved in somewhat of an inappropriate situations should not be taken. You know what I mean? However, these days, living in this world, this thing, avoiding to date, has become even more tough than ever. That's when a true muslims role comes up. To accept those multiple challanges that arowse ahead of us.

But, there is an important question that stands out from others in this whole debate, does all that mean that boys and girls are not allowed to talk to each other or interact in society?? Well, of course they can. Islam is not complecated really. People can act completely normally with eachother. As long as we know where the red lines are and making sure we're not crossing them. You know what? In this time we are living these days, we are supposed to use our minds to think more than ever before. We should always put our sight on red lines and be aware of not crossing them. Believe me, if your faith in God is true, then it would be so hard for you to fall in the traps of satan even if you were living in Las Vegas itself!!

Ok, now lets get this whole thing straight. Now lets say I'm in a comunity school, or I work in a place where I have to see and interact with people of the opposite gender on daily basis, what would be the most appropriate thing to do? In other words, wouldn't be so hard to avoid people of the opposite gender in these types of situations? Well, I like to think of it this way: You can keep friendly relationships with people of the opposite gender in school and work as long as you're not crossing the line. You can be classmates or workmates, you can even be friends, but always keep in mind to keep your thinking in the right way. And of course, as Uzamaki Hinata stated earlier, it should be in company and not for two persons to be left alone.

Just remember to always think straight. ;)

Emperor Giratina
25th March 2008, 9:58 PM
Again forgive me for my inactivness... I have been VERY busy lately.

Uzamaki Hinata
26th March 2008, 5:41 PM
Peace be upon you all.

I would like to place a comment on the subject of "dating" regarding islam. First of all, I would like to assert on whatever Uzamaki Hinata has stated regarding that matter. Islam has always been against having boys and girls being left together or go alone in a date. But that might take someone to wonder, what exactly the reason for that? What exactly the message that is to be sent to us through that attitude towards dating? Well, the answer is pretty simple really. I would like to think of it as follows: Any kind of relationship between a man or a woman that might lead to placing the persons envolved in somewhat of an inappropriate situations should not be taken. You know what I mean? However, these days, living in this world, this thing, avoiding to date, has become even more tough than ever. That's when a true muslims role comes up. To accept those multiple challanges that arowse ahead of us.

But, there is an important question that stands out from others in this whole debate, does all that mean that boys and girls are not allowed to talk to each other or interact in society?? Well, of course they can. Islam is not complecated really. People can act completely normally with eachother. As long as we know where the red lines are and making sure we're not crossing them. You know what? In this time we are living these days, we are supposed to use our minds to think more than ever before. We should always put our sight on red lines and be aware of not crossing them. Believe me, if your faith in God is true, then it would be so hard for you to fall in the traps of satan even if you were living in Las Vegas itself!!

Ok, now lets get this whole thing straight. Now lets say I'm in a comunity school, or I work in a place where I have to see and interact with people of the opposite gender on daily basis, what would be the most appropriate thing to do? In other words, wouldn't be so hard to avoid people of the opposite gender in these types of situations? Well, I like to think of it this way: You can keep friendly relationships with people of the opposite gender in school and work as long as you're not crossing the line. You can be classmates or workmates, you can even be friends, but always keep in mind to keep your thinking in the right way. And of course, as Uzamaki Hinata stated earlier, it should be in company and not for two persons to be left alone.

Just remember to always think straight. ;)

Thank you for explaining it clearly! :D I guess that's something I lack in- explaining things clearly I mean. ^__^;;

Tis alright, Emperor Giratina. Erm, but it would be good to post more than just that - something that has to do with the club- or it will be considered spam.

Emperor Giratina
27th March 2008, 9:54 PM
lol, you seem to pop in randomly. :D But, thanks :)

Yeah, I know! ... I'm busy these days. :)

tuan_pokemon
1st April 2008, 3:06 PM
I would like to ask, What do you guys think about the Dutch movie "Fitna" that had made Muslims all over the world protest about that movie?

00hbani
1st April 2008, 5:22 PM
I would like to ask, What do you guys think about the Dutch movie "Fitna" that had made Muslims all over the world protest about that movie?
Becasue fitna means it's not right or truthful or it's not correct(I can't explain it).But it seems that muslims protest about it because it is fitna.But what kind of movie is it?Can anybody explain this quote on me?Cause I'm not sure about it.

Anyways,he post 2 times as far as I know.Well,don't do it again ok?:)

Pokemonforever
1st April 2008, 5:54 PM
Assalamu 'Alaikum everyone. Sorry for not being active for sometime. This year I'm taking my GCE 'O' levels which is a very important national exams, that's why I'm offline most of the time. Pray for me to succeed ok?:) Regarding my double post, I'm awfully sorry as there was a lag in connection.

About the fitna movie, it is a 2008 short film by Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders. The film explores Qur'anic motivation for terrorism, Islamic universalism, and Islam in the Netherlands. The film's title comes from the Arabic word fitna which is used to describe "disagreement and division among people", or a "test of faith in times of trial".

Also, I have a question. In my school, I have been tasked with science projects with another girl, who is also a Muslim. Now the problem is, we have to work together alone for many hours as the lab has to be empty while we are conducting experiments. I have been in control of myself for a very long time but I'm constantly afraid that I may do something inappropriate, even though I know that that will never happen. What I want to know is, is this appropriate?

A-GAME
1st April 2008, 8:40 PM
Also, I have a question. In my school, I have been tasked with science projects with another girl, who is also a Muslim. Now the problem is, we have to work together alone for many hours as the lab has to be empty while we are conducting experiments. I have been in control of myself for a very long time but I'm constantly afraid that I may do something inappropriate, even though I know that that will never happen. What I want to know is, is this appropriate?

Well, as long as you have the notion that God is watching you and that you are not doing anything wrong, then I think that it's ok. In the end, you two are working in a project and as long as you stay focused on that, then there should be no problem.
In the future, after school, when you start your career, you might find yourself in a lot of similer situations, and you don't want to put to yourself barriers that might stand in the face of your career. Instead you can take such situations and consider tham as tests to test and eventually strengthen your faith, as when you're done you'll see how much you feel so much closer to God. I say you should give it a try. ;)

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd April 2008, 5:39 AM

I pretty much agree with ROCK-RULEZ, it all depends on your intention. Since this is something you have to do, try to keep all things focussed on the project and not on small talk and asking her things about her life or her asking you about your's. Other than that, then you should be fine. After all, you didn't choose your partner, right?

Anyways,he post 2 times as far as I know.

Right, I give tuan_pokemon strike 1

Also, 00hbani, did you ever get your answer? :)

About the fitna movie, it is a 2008 short film by Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders. The film explores Qur'anic motivation for terrorism, Islamic universalism, and Islam in the Netherlands. The film's title comes from the Arabic word fitna which is used to describe "disagreement and division among people", or a "test of faith in times of trial".

I personally think Muslims shouldn't make that big of a commotion of things. *shrugs* If you ask me, that's doing a lot more bad than good. And if the scholars of Islam didn't go crazy over it, why should we?

Pokemonforever
2nd April 2008, 12:27 PM
Well, as long as you have the notion that God is watching you and that you are not doing anything wrong, then I think that it's ok. In the end, you two are working in a project and as long as you stay focused on that, then there should be no problem.
In the future, after school, when you start your career, you might find yourself in a lot of similer situations, and you don't want to put to yourself barriers that might stand in the face of your career. Instead you can take such situations and consider tham as tests to test and eventually strengthen your faith, as when you're done you'll see how much you feel so much closer to God. I say you should give it a try. ;)

Alhamdulillah. Thank you for clearing my doubts.

tuan_pokemon
2nd April 2008, 2:04 PM
Hehe sorry for the double post, it was actually a triple post, but i managed to delete the third one before the site lagged and i couldn't get in to delete the second one. But I have deleted tho double.

And yes we shouldn't get angry about the movie, especially doing brutal stuff because of it. That's what the maker of the movie wants us to do, to show people that muslims are brutal, which are actually not.

A-GAME
2nd April 2008, 9:53 PM
Alhamdulillah. Thank you for clearing my doubts.

You're welcome. :)

mielad2
4th April 2008, 8:49 PM
Assalam U Alaikum, God be with you all. I am muslim aswell my name is Mielad. It may be a Christian name but I'm Muslim. About the topic of Boyfriends/Girlfriends.

We all say girls wear Hijab and all which is a bit hard here and there.
People will discriminate you or bully you just cause your Muslim. Some even hit you just cause of this. Its not like ''Afghanistan, Iraq etc...'' Its a bit harder cause you get discriminated if you wear a Hijab. My whole class is Muslim on behave of 2 boys and 2 girls. (There Jew, No Religion and 2 Christians.) I one thing don't understand that the girls don't wear Hijabs they act to everyone like one girl hits the other at the Butziehole(Sorry for my language) just cause of ''fun'' and then they even go to the Madjid. I don't understand this.............................................. .....(Answer please)
I wish I could read the Quran and pray but I only know a phew Surah's. At the time here there wasn't any teacher to learn me to pray and read the Quran. I then learned from my mother the Surah's. I now go to a teacher and I'm going further in my study he's learning me even offtopic things about the Islam (Example:) Like saying what djins are and what the djins do. I find it very intresting and I just want to know more and more. My mom tells intresting story's about the Islam aswell. This story may be different because old story always change a bit but yeah... And sorry but I forgot the name of the Prophet right now. Also I the name of the mountain in my language is Koy Sarah. Let Allah be with you....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prophet: ''Allah, I have always wanted to see you and know more about you can you please show me.
Allah: ''Yes, you can see me come tomorow to the Koy Sarah..''
Prophet: ''Yes, Allah I will be there.''

----------------------------Tomorow---------------------------------
Prophet: ''Allah? Allah, can I know finally see you??
Allah: ''Yes look at that Mountain next to you.''
*Looks*
At that moment the world gets black, every centimeter is black. Cause Allah wouldn't like to dissappoint the Prophet. But kept it a secret how he looks.

-----------------------------The End-----------------------------------

I always get fasinated (Spelling?) by this kind of storys, it makes me pushy to hear more and more. There is another one which I will tell later just to not tell everything at once.

Also the Film Fitna....
Although as much as I hate Geert Wilders, I live in Holland.
I can't really disrespect him cause that would be rude.
This is the link to the film of Geert Wilders.

Geert Wilders: Fitna (https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Fitna)

Uzamaki Hinata
5th April 2008, 7:25 AM
Wa-alaikum asalam, meilad2! Thank you for posting in the club, it's always great to reach out to more Muslims! :)

We all say girls wear Hijab and all which is a bit hard here and there.
People will discriminate you or bully you just cause your Muslim. Some even hit you just cause of this. Its not like ''Afghanistan, Iraq etc...'' Its a bit harder cause you get discriminated if you wear a Hijab. My whole class is Muslim on behave of 2 boys and 2 girls. (There Jew, No Religion and 2 Christians.) I one thing don't understand that the girls don't wear Hijabs they act to everyone like one girl hits the other at the Butziehole(Sorry for my language) just cause of ''fun'' and then they even go to the Madjid. I don't understand this.............................................. .....(Answer please)

Yes, it is true, wearing hijab is hard, but you know, doing what's right in the first place is a pretty hard thing to do. I guess in the end, hijab tends to be easier to those who were risen in a Religious environment. I know a handful of girls who don't want to wear hijab or are simply 'not ready'(which really isn't an excuse) It horrible that people have to go through racism and other such things just because they choose to reflect their religion proudly.

The hijab, no matter how religious it is, can't make the person wearing it religios. I mean, for example, just because you know pork is forbidden to eat, doesn't mean some people won't eat it, you know? That's basically what it is for the hijab. Plenty of girls wear it without fully understanding what they are saying with it on. Wearing hijab reflects our religion and immediately after a girl/woman takes it on, she becomes an example. Girls aren't supposed to act in a that 3ib around boys. Meaning something that's inappropriate, such as what you stated. They aren't really supposed to do that. ^__^;;

I wish I could read the Quran and pray but I only know a phew Surah's. At the time here there wasn't any teacher to learn me to pray and read the Quran. I then learned from my mother the Surah's. I now go to a teacher and I'm going further in my study he's learning me even offtopic things about the Islam (Example:) Like saying what djins are and what the djins do. I find it very intresting and I just want to know more and more. My mom tells intresting story's about the Islam aswell. This story may be different because old story always change a bit but yeah... And sorry but I forgot the name of the Prophet right now. Also I the name of the mountain in my language is Koy Sarah. Let Allah be with you....

Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him), most people use his name to name their children, so if you know a lot of Mohameds, just remember that that is the name of our beloved Prophet. :D

It is good that you want to become religious, Allah rewards you for that. Insha'allah your studies go well and you become a better Muslim than you already are.

Aameen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prophet: ''Allah, I have always wanted to see you and know more about you can you please show me.
Allah: ''Yes, you can see me come tomorow to the Koy Sarah..''
Prophet: ''Yes, Allah I will be there.''

----------------------------Tomorow---------------------------------
Prophet: ''Allah? Allah, can I know finally see you??
Allah: ''Yes look at that Mountain next to you.''
*Looks*
At that moment the world gets black, every centimeter is black. Cause Allah wouldn't like to dissappoint the Prophet. But kept it a secret how he looks.

-----------------------------The End-----------------------------------

I always get fasinated (Spelling?) by this kind of storys, it makes me pushy to hear more and more. There is another one which I will tell later just to not tell everything at once.

Also the Film Fitna....
Although as much as I hate Geert Wilders, I live in Holland.
I can't really disrespect him cause that would be rude.
This is the link to the film of Geert Wilders.

Geert Wilders: Fitna (https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Fitna)

Ah, I remember that story, and I guess I'll check out the film since I don't know of it since I live in America. ^__^;;

Thank you for posting!

And yes we shouldn't get angry about the movie, especially doing brutal stuff because of it. That's what the maker of the movie wants us to do, to show people that muslims are brutal, which are actually not.

Totally agree with you! I don't like it when Muslims around the world go crazy. If you're going to protest, do it in a peaceful way, please~

EDIT:

Okay... omiGawd.... oh my God... that movie, it was horrible! Not about the fact that it was aimed at Muslims, but.... oh my God, all of those innocent people... And they all died.... I just, I just can't believe it...

This isn't fair, this isn't fair to Islam, this isn't fair to those innocent people who had to die, and this isn't fair to those innocent Muslims who have to suffer for what others did in the name of Islam.

I hate when this happens, because of this video, now everyone will think (actually, the movie already came out right?) that Islam is this violent religion who has no tolerances for non-Muslims, which isn't true. And because all these people read the Quran wrong or took ayahs out of context thinking it was their place to kill people who had nothing to do with anything- which is just totally haram and.... God, I just... wow, I don't know what else to say except that I almost feel like crying because all those people just had too.... God, God, God...

mielad2
5th April 2008, 8:11 AM
Ah thank you. Yes that movie is horrible. He doesn't know whats written there and he just translates to what he thinks. That poor people. Just cause of that film about 44% of holland thinks that Muslims are bad people. In my oppinion if you don't like something tell it someone in a polite way. And thank you brother for letting me join ^_^ I just saw this thread and thought: ''I have to go here!''
And yes the film already came out. Okay now a new topic! :)

Do you understand whats written in the Quran. Or can't you speak Arabish so don't know whats written.

I can almost read it but even though I can't read it cause I ain't Arabish.

Emperor Giratina
5th April 2008, 10:57 AM
Do you understand whats written in the Quran. Or can't you speak Arabish so don't know whats written.
I can't speak Arabic.... I understand the English translation, though....

I've got a new topic:

What do you think of Religous Extremism?

I say that the religious extremists are on the wrong path.... They bring thier religion to breath-taking extremes.... Which is wrong because Islam teaches about Moderation as well, By understanding the meaning of Moderation, it means that Islam wants its beilevers to establish a just and a balanced system, which means that you should always be moderate and not bring anything to an extreme or bring anything lower than the moderate level... That's what I think.

Bert
5th April 2008, 11:15 AM
I am rather fascinated by some recent events in this world concerning the Islam and I would like to have some questions answered, if I may? :)

1. The dutch minister of w/e Geert Wilders has recently made a video showing the treath of the Islam-extremists and the Islam in general (his words, not mine). The video has never been broadcasted or viewed in public (can be seen on internet tough iirc). In the video, a journalist asks a 3-year old girl a question.

J: "What do you think Jews are?"
G: "All Jews are pigs and swines!"
J: "Says who?"
G: "Says Allah."

This is rather worrying, as I'm sure you will agree, and the whole of this leaves me two questions.

- However much some people do not agree with Geer Wilder's vision of things, freedom of expression is a universal right and Wilder's has received thousands of threatening letters from muslims. He moves every week, from home to home, with a private police guard because otherwise he gets shot because of some movie. The same can be said for the drawer of those famous Mohammed cartoons (tough I do think he shouldn't have done that without properly explaining what it was all about because most muslims misinterpreted his cartoons). Is this freedom of speech to you? Not to me.

- The girl saying "All Jews are...." is worrying me even more. First of all, what does the Koran say about Jews, because I can hardly imagine it saying the pigs and swines things.
But still, how do you react when you see a 3-year old muslim say something like this?

2) On the other hand, I have met several nice muslims all over. But frankly, most of the time those are the ones who only loosely follow the Koran. What makes the Koran so attractive to go all extreme with it? Like recently in Anvers (Belgium) three muslims were on a bus. Also one Jew iirc. They were making trouble when a polica officer (who also happened to be on the bus) and the bus driver tried to calm them down. Both the officer and the driver are in the hospital right now.

I am by no means judging you, please, do not misinterpret this. I am fascinated by how the Islam manages to capture negative attention over and voer again and I was merely asking for your view on this fact.

Oh, btw. threatmail can be sent via my profile, if you want ;) (jk).

00hbani
5th April 2008, 2:51 PM
[QUOTE=Uzamaki Hinata;7761285]
Right, I give tuan_pokemon strike 1

Also, 00hbani, did you ever get your answer? :)
QUOTE]I forgot what my teacher said.She didn't explain anything but another teacher said it's haram.Ok,I understand.But what do you mean it's haram being alone?I don't understand that.Anyway,my freind explain it if it's haram or not.But I got a clear answer and I understand everything on it.So I think you miss some of the explaination.Sorry uza-chan:(But don't worry,I understand it.

I am rather fascinated by some recent events in this world concerning the Islam and I would like to have some questions answered, if I may?

1. The dutch minister of w/e Geert Wilders has recently made a video showing the treath of the Islam-extremists and the Islam in general (his words, not mine). The video has never been broadcasted or viewed in public (can be seen on internet tough iirc). In the video, a journalist asks a 3-year old girl a question.

This is rather worrying, as I'm sure you will agree, and the whole of this leaves me two questions.

- However much some people do not agree with Geer Wilder's vision of things, freedom of expression is a universal right and Wilder's has received thousands of threatening letters from muslims. He moves every week, from home to home, with a private police guard because otherwise he gets shot because of some movie. The same can be said for the drawer of those famous Mohammed cartoons (tough I do think he shouldn't have done that without properly explaining what it was all about because most muslims misinterpreted his cartoons). Is this freedom of speech to you? Not to me.

- The girl saying "All Jews are...." is worrying me even more. First of all, what does the Koran say about Jews, because I can hardly imagine it saying the pigs and swines things.
But still, how do you react when you see a 3-year old muslim say something like this?

2) On the other hand, I have met several nice muslims all over. But frankly, most of the time those are the ones who only loosely follow the Koran. What makes the Koran so attractive to go all extreme with it? Like recently in Anvers (Belgium) three muslims were on a bus. Also one Jew iirc. They were making trouble when a polica officer (who also happened to be on the bus) and the bus driver tried to calm them down. Both the officer and the driver are in the hospital right now.

I am by no means judging you, please, do not misinterpret this. I am fascinated by how the Islam manages to capture negative attention over and voer again and I was merely asking for your view on this fact.

Oh, btw. threatmail can be sent via my profile, if you want (jk).

I don't know about this,but how did you get this information anyway?Hmmm...
Sorry for interupting you on this:(

Inferno
5th April 2008, 2:57 PM
Sorry for inactiveness, got exams :(

My mother language is Arabic, so I can understand what's written in the Quran..

I don't understand the topic... :/

Pokemonforever
5th April 2008, 7:00 PM
Reading those accounts of prejudice against women who wear the hijab, or more commonly known in Singapore and Malaysia as selendang, I feel syukur to Allah that people here accept us for who we are. Women can also wear the hijab/selendang in most tertiary schools here too and are not persecuted. Syukur alhamdullilah...

2) On the other hand, I have met several nice muslims all over. But frankly, most of the time those are the ones who only loosely follow the Koran. What makes the Koran so attractive to go all extreme with it? Like recently in Anvers (Belgium) three muslims were on a bus. Also one Jew iirc. They were making trouble when a police officer (who also happened to be on the bus) and the bus driver tried to calm them down. Both the officer and the driver are in the hospital right now.

I am by no means judging you, please, do not misinterpret this. I am fascinated by how the Islam manages to capture negative attention over and over again and I was merely asking for your view on this fact.

Oh, btw. threat mail can be sent via my profile, if you want ;) (jk).

Mostly, the extremists have gravely misinteprated the teachings of the Koran. You see, if the verses following it are scrutinised, one will find the true meaning to the verse in question. Also, the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W has once told his comrades before going to war, to only battle with those who fight back and not to hurt women and children. Lastly, the killing must be swift so as not to leave the adversary suffering.

mielad2
6th April 2008, 4:18 PM
Actually everyone is different. Like Geert Wilders. He says the islam is blablabla..... He says we are bad people aswell. But who is he to say we are bad people when he says very bad things about the Islam.

Uzamaki Hinata
6th April 2008, 7:44 PM
Ah thank you. Yes that movie is horrible. He doesn't know whats written there and he just translates to what he thinks. That poor people. Just cause of that film about 44% of holland thinks that Muslims are bad people. In my oppinion if you don't like something tell it someone in a polite way. And thank you brother for letting me join ^_^ I just saw this thread and thought: ''I have to go here!''
And yes the film already came out. Okay now a new topic! :)

You're welcome, although, for future reference, I'm a girl. :p

I've lived in Syria for over a year, so I can proudly say I understand arabic and can read the Quran because of it. :D Although, over the years, my arabic has gotten a bit bad since I don't speak it much.

Wow, religious extremism sucks. XD Okay, time to take the question seriously. I honestly think that its a shame that all these people take on Islam the wrong way and in the process making the world think that Islam is this way. I guess if you really want to see Islam the right way, you'd have to research how Prophet Mohamed lived and how he took on such problems.

Welcome back to the thread Bert!

Not too recently, I went to this Feminism in Islam lecture by this lady at my school and she explained this sort of thing perfectly. The people, Muslims, usually tend to confuse the religion with culture because their culture is Islamic based. No where in the Quran does it say to hate jews like that and I'm guessing the girl they asked was Palestinian and that's probably why she said that. And the Israel-Palestinian conflict can explain for itself.

People always use the 'freedom of speech' excuse to put out whatever they want. And I think that even to that there should be limits. If he wanted to prove something without making it come out like an attack to the religion, then maybe, maybe it would have been okay. But it wasn't. And I can understand why Muslims would have been angry, but again, they really can't threaten to kill him over something like that. I mean, they're not supposed to. Also for the comic thing, Prophet Mohamed is someone we love and respect, after all to us, he is the perfect example of Islam and to see him be insulted (or not, I don't know, I never saw the cartoon) really is... insulting. But even then, they shouldn't have made a big deal out of it. Unless they themselves are being threatened with their lives.

That's just wow, I mean, let's talk about this without a religious take on this. Just imagine if this girl and several other kids being raised with the same mentality that Jews are... 'pigs'. God, there would probably be so much hatred and stuff. I mean, that's just horrible that a little girl has been taught to hate someone or a group of people she has probably never been in contact with. And that keeps happening, to the Muslims, to the Jews, to whoever, whatever a group of people do speaks out for the whole religion, which is bad.

EDIT: Aah, I just noticed that I didn't answer one of your questions. :x

Since I haven't (succesfully) finished reading the Quran yet, I'm not all too sure of what the Quran says about Jews except for the fact that Moses was sent for them and that's pretty much it, they are also considered one of the 'people of the book' But that's all I can say at the top of my head, maybe ROck-RULEZ can say more?

Awesome that you've met some nice Muslims ^__^ Ohhh, wow, I'm sorry, I don't know why the Quran attracts Extremist. Maybe they want to use the excuse of Islam to explain their actions? I don't know. :/ Though again, they shouldn't have. Man, I hope the officer and bus driver are okay...

That's okay, anyway, I don't remember where I heard this. But someone once said that even if you do a million good things to someone the only thing they will remember is the one time you did something bad. *shrugs shoulders*

Oh, btw. threat mail can be sent via my profile, if you want ;) (jk).

Oh yeah, expect it! lol, jk :p

He says we are bad people aswell. But who is he to say we are bad people when he says very bad things about the Islam.

Argh, people like him annoy me. >.<

gtab x3
7th April 2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry for inactiveness, got exams :(

My mother language is Arabic, so I can understand what's written in the Quran..

no i don't but my dad said when i finish the second time i will learn the meaning and get a translated quran

Uzamaki Hinata
12th April 2008, 8:38 AM
no i don't but my dad said when i finish the second time i will learn the meaning and get a translated quran

Gosh, this club has been empty for days, anyone want to start a new topic...?

mielad2
12th April 2008, 8:54 AM
Yeah I waited for someone to post so this club goes on but yeah...
Hmmm...

How do you think this club will go further?

I think it'll die if nobody is gonna post in it =\

A-GAME
13th April 2008, 8:18 PM
I think it'll die if nobody is gonna post in it =\

..then let's make sure it doesn't. ;)

Ok, um, I believe I have a new topic to start:

Have you ever been able to change someones bad ideas about Islam in your life? If so, then how many? You could also share some stories regarding that issue if you have or if you like! :)

As for me, I have managed to change some of my friends (whom I met over the internet) points of view about Islam. Not much, maybe 3-4. It saddens me to know that some people do not know anything about our religion, or have bad thoughts about it.. :(

00hbani
14th April 2008, 6:21 PM

Ok, um, I believe I have a new topic to start:

Have you ever been able to change someones bad ideas about Islam in your life? If so, then how many? You could also share some stories regarding that issue if you have or if you like! :)

As for me, I have managed to change some of my friends (whom I met over the internet) points of view about Islam. Not much, maybe 3-4. It saddens me to know that some people do not know anything about our religion, or have bad thoughts about it.. :(
Yeah.You're right.I alway's wanted to get knowledge of islam.But in here,there should be one so that I could get one knowledge from me.But let's get some more information on it.

So uza-chan,can I ask you a favour?If you have any knowledge that you know from anywhere(islam knowledge of course),then can you share it to me?and so as everyone else.Please share it.Cause it's the good way for me to know.I have one:
If you want to read quran,then the best way to get a reward is to wudhoo before reading it.That way you will have more rewards from allah.Don't argue on this,it's rude.It's just the information that I share,so no argueing:(Or making it correctly.I don't like it.

Please read this.And also,share your information from everybody.I like that way.Cause I have low knowledge on islam.I really need help.Please do it everybody.Thank you:)

Uzamaki Hinata
14th April 2008, 7:46 PM
Yeah.You're right.I alway's wanted to get knowledge of islam.But in here,there should be one so that I could get one knowledge from me.But let's get some more information on it.

So uza-chan,can I ask you a favour?If you have any knowledge that you know from anywhere(islam knowledge of course),then can you share it to me?and so as everyone else.Please share it.Cause it's the good way for me to know.

Of course, and that's the point of the club in whole too! To share Islamic Knowledge correctly ;)

Have you ever been able to change someones bad ideas about Islam in your life? If so, then how many? You could also share some stories regarding that issue if you have or if you like!

Not much, I'm afraid. ^__^;; Just a few online, one..? Two? I don't know, I can't remember. But I'm happy to say it was shortly after this club opened up. Because before, I never really said much about my religion. Ummm, well, I guess there was this one girl I knew who always thought that women in Islam were forced to wear hijab and she kept asking me if my dad ever saw my hair. I don't blame her, though, for asking, since when you do see Muslim women, you see them with hijab and that's it, you never see them without it and of course then you're going to think that's all she wears. Thank God, I got her to change her views on that, and now she says she has more Muslim friends and stuff so that's pretty cool.

Yes, let's! We can't let this club die-off like the other one did!

oh, yeah, a question on that, who was the owner of the last club anyway...?

EDIT: YOU GUYS! COME POST IN THE CLUB OR IT'LL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tuan_pokemon
18th April 2008, 5:26 PM
Have you ever been able to change someones bad ideas about Islam in your life? If so, then how many? You could also share some stories regarding that issue if you have or if you like!

Well I have changed people's bad perspective on Islam in my school. I go to a private school where the majority is christians, so everytime they ask about muslim stuff I always tell them that Islam is not terrorism, but those people who does terrorism in the name of Islam is wrong.

Inferno
19th April 2008, 7:03 AM
Apologies for not posting before, I'm getting my Progress Report tomorrow, plus, had exams, but from tomorrow onwards, I'll be active, until 1st May, since Final exams are gonna start :/

I go to a private school where the majority is Muslims, so nope. But there are students in my class who do something, yet they swear that they did not do it, and when I try to tell my teacher the truth, the students say to me: "Shut up" :(

oh, and btw, I feel sorry for this banner since no one noticed it, I posted it at page 5:

mielad2
19th April 2008, 8:48 AM

I met someone over the Internet and we talked he was nice and all.
I said yeah I'm muslim.. He was like Oh My God! You guys blow yourself up always.
I was ashamed. I convinced him that a real muslim won't do that and now.. He doesn't got bad thoughts.

Ms. Mime
19th April 2008, 8:54 AM
What are muslims? (tell me if I sound stupid right now... >.<)

Emperor Giratina
19th April 2008, 8:58 AM

Err... Well... Three bullies at my school deserve to be called religious extremists... They harrase me all because I can't read Arabic.... I told them like a million times that it is NOT my mother language and neither is it their mother language and yet they still harrase me .... And also they badly discourage English in an ENGLISH SCHOOL!!! ..... How retarded can they be!? Can anybody PLEASE tell me how to counter this problem? Please, with sugar on top?

@ Ms. Mime: Muslims are people who follow the Islamic religon... Islam teaches about one God (Allah) and Muhhamad (Peace be upon him) as his messenger... As you can see Islam is a special religion which has no association with its founder, its origin or a society (Religions like these include Hinduism, Cristianity, Buddism, etc.)... Islam nowadays is like the fastest growing relgion on the face of this earth.... I have heard a recent update that Islam is like the second-largest religion on earth (correct me if I'm wrong).... But however, a large majority of Muslims are somehow forgeting the message of Islam by the means of commiting harsh crimes, suicide bombing (and commiting suicide is Haram in Islam), religious extremism etc. .... Because of this, a large number of Muslims are being misunderstood in the developed countries of the West (U.S.A, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile etc.) and espeaically in the developed countries of Europe (Like England, Italy, France etc.).... I sure do hope that these Muslims who misunderstand the message of Islam realize one day that what they are doing is wrong and highly objectable.

Uzamaki Hinata
19th April 2008, 7:56 PM
oh, and btw, I feel sorry for this banner since no one noticed it, I posted it at page 5:

Don't worry, I'll put it up on the first post soon. XD

Err... Well... Three bullies at my school deserve to be called religious extremists... They harrase me all because I can't read Arabic.... I told them like a million times that it is NOT my mother language and neither is it their mother language and yet they still harrase me .... And also they badly discourage English in an ENGLISH SCHOOL!!! ..... How retarded can they be!? Can anybody PLEASE tell me how to counter this problem? Please, with sugar on top?

Arabic is generally the language of Islam, everyone in heaven will be speaking arabic and the Quran is in Arabic, and as good as it is to learn it(you know, in order to read the Quran) you don't have to learn it and it's not like you'll get sins if you don't know it at all. It's encouraged but it's not a have-to and no one can tell you it's a have-to. You can tell them yourself how it's haram to make someone do something that isn't a have-to in Islam.

btw, thanks for answering the question, and please guys, if you know the answer to the question and are super sure, don't hesitate to answer, okay? As long as you know it for sure.

Emperor Giratina
19th April 2008, 8:36 PM
Arabic is generally the language of Islam, everyone in heaven will be speaking arabic and the Quran is in Arabic, and as good as it is to learn it(you know, in order to read the Quran) you don't have to learn it and it's not like you'll get sins if you don't know it at all. It's encouraged but it's not a have-to and no one can tell you it's a have-to. You can tell them yourself how it's haram to make someone do something that isn't a have-to in Islam.

btw, thanks for answering the question, and please guys, if you know the answer to the question and are super sure, don't hesitate to answer, okay? As long as you know it for sure.

You're welcome! I appreciate it! ;) ... But how haram is it to make somebody do that is'nt a have-to in Islam.... And I feel relieved that I get to know that Arabic is'nt a have-to in Islam! .... By the way, I have the Quran which is translated in both English and Urdu.... It is also in Arabic as well! :D

Uzamaki Hinata
19th April 2008, 8:47 PM
You're welcome! I appreciate it! ;) ... But how haram is it to make somebody do that is'nt a have-to in Islam.... And I feel relieved that I get to know that Arabic is'nt a have-to in Islam! .... By the way, I have the Quran which is translated in both English and Urdu.... It is also in Arabic as well! :D

See, if someone tries to make it seem like something is fard or you know a something you have to do in Islam when you don't have to is haram.... though actually, don't take my word for it, I would have to ask my teacher... hah

Emperor Giratina
20th April 2008, 7:18 AM
See, if someone tries to make it seem like something is fard or you know a something you have to do in Islam when you don't have to is haram.... though actually, don't take my word for it, I would have to ask my teacher... hah

If you need to ask your teacher, then take your time... I can wait! :D

Uzamaki Hinata
24th April 2008, 4:58 PM
If you need to ask your teacher, then take your time... I can wait! :D

Okay, I asked my teacher today, and I was right. Tell them it's haram to... you know whatever I said before. lol

New topic time guys!

What are your views on the Isreali-Palestinian conflict?

Not only to say whether it's wrong or right- just your general thoughts on it.

mielad2
24th April 2008, 5:29 PM
Sorry I was off.. And I will be off for another 2 weeks aswell....
I'm going on Vacation to England. You already asked your teacher but I'm 100% sure it's haram. It's like telling someone to give they're money to you cause else it would Haram caused you didn't do Zakat.
The Islam clearly says you should be respectfull and nice to everyone.. So they're war should stop.

Metal Force
24th April 2008, 5:52 PM
It's cruel.. but we're tough..as we fight bullets with stones! (and no it's not a joke).

Emperor Giratina
25th April 2008, 11:31 AM
Okay, I asked my teacher today, and I was right. Tell them it's haram to... you know whatever I said before. lol

Wow, thanks, Uzamaki Hinata! You're the best! :D.... Now, if anybody needs a question or two to be answered, please don't hesitate to ask me, okay? .... I'll be here till May 7th.... I have to prepare for my exams on May 7th.... I know they start on May 30th but....

00hbani
25th April 2008, 1:33 PM

Ok.I think I'm sure if this right or not.You're right there uza-chan,cause arabic is not a have to thing because it's important.We can doa allah by any language we can speak.For example:bahasa,urdu,japanese,indian,etc.
So arabic is not that important really,but we have to understand what the Qur'an is telling us.Even though it's arabic,there are translations on it as well.Empereor giratina,you are so lucky on getting the translation in Quran in english and urdu.Cause I have a Qur'an that has a translation in bahasa.I can't even undertsand it.At least I understand a bit on it.Few:)
What if I don't understand the words of Quran and you can't even follow the right path of islam?Can anybody answer this.Pls reply.

Also I have a new question.When we pray,there's a snake there trying to attack us(or me for example).If the snake attack me can I move away from it when I'm praying?If it attacks me again,can I move away from it again?My teacher and my parents said you can and explain it.What about you guys?Do you think it's ok?Answer me plzzzz!!!???

Emperor Giratina
25th April 2008, 3:42 PM
Empereor giratina,you are so lucky on getting the translation in Quran in english and urdu.

Yeah, well... The people in my school still harasse me and they mistake me for a Cristain so.... I don't care about that since whatever they are doing is haram now! :)

Uzamaki Hinata
29th April 2008, 5:45 PM
Also I have a new question.When we pray,there's a snake there trying to attack us(or me for example).If the snake attack me can I move away from it when I'm praying?If it attacks me again,can I move away from it again?My teacher and my parents said you can and explain it.What about you guys?Do you think it's ok?Answer me plzzzz!!!???

I... don't know. I've never heard of this type of question. But I guess you should listen to your parents and teachers.

Oh man, okay, you guys remember when we talked about dating and how it was haram right? Well, guess what? I just found out like literally yesterday that my friend dated or was dating. -_- And I just, I couldn't believe that she did. Because she knew dating was haram and everything. But now, she told me she totally regretted it. And you know what? Had I not heard the rumors and not talked to her in the first place, then I wouldn't have found out.

So, just in the end guys, if you have friends who are doing things that aren't allowed in Islam, Please, please please talk to them. Even if you're really scared to talk to them or fear that your friendship is going to end, just talk to them.

Because in the end, what kind of friend would you be if you let them go on doing somethin you know they shouldn't be doing.

And, btw, I just want to make this firmly clear

There is no way to make dating before marriage halal, at all

00hbani
30th April 2008, 8:15 PM
I... don't know. I've never heard of this type of question. But I guess you should listen to your parents and teachers.

Oh man, okay, you guys remember when we talked about dating and how it was haram right? Well, guess what? I just found out like literally yesterday that my friend dated or was dating. -_- And I just, I couldn't believe that she did. Because she knew dating was haram and everything. But now, she told me she totally regretted it. And you know what? Had I not heard the rumors and not talked to her in the first place, then I wouldn't have found out.

So, just in the end guys, if you have friends who are doing things that aren't allowed in Islam, Please, please please talk to them. Even if you're really scared to talk to them or fear that your friendship is going to end, just talk to them.

Because in the end, what kind of friend would you be if you let them go on doing somethin you know they shouldn't be doing.

And, btw, I just want to make this firmly clear

There is no way to make dating before marriage halal, at allYou're right there uza-chan,cause I'm really afraid from you freind from doing that.If they(or she,your freind) knew it's haram and still do it,then she has the badest points that she will have from allah(or sin,I'm not sure).but insyallah,allah will forgive her of what she do.So don't panic uza-chan,she'll be alright:).

I have some questions that I would like to ask,but there are too many.So maybe I'll ask them later ok?:)Anyways,can anybody give me any story that they could tell it to me.A story about the love and respect from others?It could be any story but it should be about the love and respect.Plzzz!!!!:)

tuan_pokemon
7th May 2008, 2:57 PM
I would like to start a new topic here.
I was wondering have you guys heard of Islam sect that claims that the leader of the sect is actually a prophet after Prophet Muhammad SAW?
In Indonesia, there have been some sect like that. And recently the sect that claims so is the Ahmaddiyah group.

Please say your views about this type of sect.

A-GAME
7th May 2008, 7:18 PM
I would like to start a new topic here.
I was wondering have you guys heard of Islam sect that claims that the leader of the sect is actually a prophet after Prophet Muhammad SAW?
In Indonesia, there have been some sect like that. And recently the sect that claims so is the Ahmaddiyah group.

Please say your views about this type of sect.

Actually I've never heard of anything like that... Um, are they actually stating that the leader is a prophet?!! Based on what? They can't just.. start a group, appoint a leader and then decide to declare him as a new prophet. Were they just feeling bored and looking for something to do?

If they were to look deeper into Islam, they would actually relalize how horrible the thing they did. To come out, and declare someone as a prophet, out of nowhere is not something that should be looked upon easily. Those are people who have serious issues, and by that they unfortunately disrespecting the teatchings of our religion.

tuan_pokemon
9th May 2008, 9:22 AM
No they don't state the leader is the prophet, but the leader it self says that he is the new prophet. And people just believed and went into that sect. Of course that is really bad what they did.

A-GAME
9th May 2008, 1:46 PM
No they don't state the leader is the prophet, but the leader it self says that he is the new prophet. And people just believed and went into that sect. Of course that is really bad what they did.

:o That is even worse!!

mielad2
9th May 2008, 3:06 PM

You can move.. You can't stay there and get killed..
I'm very sure you can move.. Allah won't let you die..
Also a few kids of my Class say you must know how to read the quran and pray before you die.. I can pray well I know a few surah's atleast. But I don't know if it's true what they say.
Also one of you guys wanted another story let me think.. Maybe I remember one.
Okay I remember one.. Sorry if I told wrong this is just how I heard the story.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Prophet Yaqub once got message from Allah.
Allah told him he has to Halal his child.(Prophet Ismaïl)
Allah asked this cause he wanted to know if Prophet Yaqub is really listening to Allah's will.
Prophet Yaqub went home and when he got home he told Prophet Ismaïl that Allah said that to him. Prophet Ismaïl didn't disagree. He said if that's Allah's will then so shall be it.
Prophet Yaqub brought him somewhere.. And he self closed it's eyes and put the Sword up high... When he has cut of the throat.. He opened his eyes.. And what did he see?
He saw a sheep. Prophet Ismaïl was standing right next to him.. Allah saw that Prophet Yaqub followed his will and thus saved Prophet Ismaïl. Since that day we have Ramadan (SP?) And we every year Halal a sheep.

:) Good story.

Uzamaki Hinata
16th May 2008, 7:27 AM

Um, that means that their kafirs, which in other words means that they're no longer Muslims. -_- The Prophet (PBUH) himself said he was the last prophet sent down. Also, it's in the shahada. Therefore, if you believe that there can be another prophet after prophet Muhammed, then you're simply not a Muslim anymore o_O And so those people are not Muslims, they're kafirs.

crobatman
16th May 2008, 7:33 AM
I was a member of the old Muslims United, so I would like to join again. I am not a muslim, I am a follower of Jesus. I just like joining here because you guys let me ask questions. :)

Also, I looked at the first topic of this club. How are you born a muslim? I don't think you can be born knowing what to believe.
Also, since I am asking you guys questions, then I think would be cool if you ask me questions also.

00hbani
17th May 2008, 12:06 PM
You can move.. You can't stay there and get killed..
I'm very sure you can move.. Allah won't let you die..
Also a few kids of my Class say you must know how to read the quran and pray before you die.. I can pray well I know a few surah's atleast. But I don't know if it's true what they say.
Also one of you guys wanted another story let me think.. Maybe I remember one.
Okay I remember one.. Sorry if I told wrong this is just how I heard the story.
Prophet Yaqub once got message from Allah.
Allah told him he has to Halal his child.(Prophet Ismaïl)
Allah asked this cause he wanted to know if Prophet Yaqub is really listening to Allah's will.
Prophet Yaqub went home and when he got home he told Prophet Ismaïl that Allah said that to him. Prophet Ismaïl didn't disagree. He said if that's Allah's will then so shall be it.
Prophet Yaqub brought him somewhere.. And he self closed it's eyes and put the Sword up high... When he has cut of the throat.. He opened his eyes.. And what did he see?
He saw a sheep. Prophet Ismaïl was standing right next to him.. Allah saw that Prophet Yaqub followed his will and thus saved Prophet Ismaïl. Since that day we have Ramadan (SP?) And we every year Halal a sheep.

:) Good story.
Yep.It's a really good story.But you're too late on telling me it now!Nevermind.At least it's really good.Yeah,but I thought we should cut some animals in eid-mubarak.Is it ramadan we should cut some animals?But btw,about what tuan_pokemon said,they are kafirs.Because they shouldn't make themself a prophet after muhammad SAW.So I think uza_chan is right there.Heehee...

I want to ask a question but I'm pretty not sure of it.So maybe I'll ask it later ok?Thanks alot for posting some replies in here:)

mielad2
17th May 2008, 12:40 PM
No problem and I may have mistaken Ramadan with Eid-Mubarak.. =\
And how am I to late? Ahwell.. I probably know more I just can't remember.

Uzamaki Hinata
18th May 2008, 5:39 AM
I was a member of the old Muslims United, so I would like to join again. I am not a muslim, I am a follower of Jesus. I just like joining here because you guys let me ask questions. :)

Wow, awesome, thanks for joining the club even though you're not Muslim ^_^ So, you're added to the list crobatman!

How are you born a muslim?

It's true that we're not born knowing what is right and what is wrong but at the same time, isn't it true that we follow whatever our parents say when we're children? So, because of that, we do whatever our parents say or follow whatever they do. And because our parents are Muslims, we too are Muslims. Although, my teacher once told me that in Islam, it's a belief that everyone is born Muslim until they choose a different religion to follow. ^_^

Oh, I have a question for you if it's okay to ask! Okay, I've never gotten a really clear answer, and I've always been curious about this.

Can you explain what the trinity is exactly?

But btw,about what tuan_pokemon said,they are kafirs.Because they shouldn't make themself a prophet after muhammad SAW.So I think uza_chan is right there.Heehee...

Thanks for backing me up! :D lol. And ask whenever you want to, k? ^^

crobatman
18th May 2008, 5:49 AM
I asked why you said you were born a muslim, because I don't think it is right. My Bible says, " you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God."
A lot of people think they are right with God just because they pray, go to church/mosque, or that their parents were faithful. However, being "born again" means you must accept God( Allah) as your father, and begin a personal relationship with him.

The Trinity. Sure, I'll explain it. do you want a long answer or a short, simple answer?
I'll give you the short one first, then explain more and give more background later when I have more time.

Short version: God (Allah) exist. He created us in his own image. Remember Genesis, "Let us make men in our own image." Man exist as body, mind, and soul. I think that is how you can explain the Trinity in christianity's terms. For example, Jesus is the body, The Father is the mind, and the holy spirit is compared to the soul. It is three-in-one, just as we are three-in-one.

Uzamaki Hinata
18th May 2008, 12:27 PM
I asked why you said you were born a muslim, because I don't think it is right. My Bible says, " you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God."
A lot of people think they are right with God just because they pray, go to church/mosque, or that their parents were faithful. However, being "born again" means you must accept God( Allah) as your father, and begin a personal relationship with him.

This is something my teacher told me ^^; and it's something we believe in as Muslims. I mean, that doesn't mean we expect Christians or Jews or anyone of other religions to believe in the same thing. :p

Also, you probably already know this (and if not), we don't see God as our father at all, we just consider God God. And yes, I understand that you do have to accept God, that's why as people grow older it's easier to see who follows the religion strongly and who doesn't. But when you're young, you don't take things like that seriously, you only listen to your parents but when you get older, what your parents do can't make you a religious person anymore.

The Trinity. Sure, I'll explain it. do you want a long answer or a short, simple answer?
I'll give you the short one first, then explain more and give more background later when I have more time.

It doesn't matter, but okay, I'll read short first ^^

Er, the more I think about this, the more I think this is considered spam O_O I should've asked you outside of this thread. Whoops...

Short version: God (Allah) exist. He created us in his own image. Remember Genesis, "Let us make men in our own image." Man exist as body, mind, and soul. I think that is how you can explain the Trinity in christianity's terms. For example, Jesus is the body, The Father is the mind, and the holy spirit is compared to the soul. It is three-in-one, just as we are three-in-one.

Ohhhhh, that's what it is? No one really ever got around to explaining that to me, even when I asked. Thanks :D

crobatman
19th May 2008, 3:03 AM
Well, it was not Stupid, Pointless, and I hope it was not Annoying.
Maybe, it was off-topic. I was just thinking if I asked you a question, then it was only fair to get a question myself.

Well, back on topic then.

According to the Quran, who was Abraham's first son by Sarah? The Bible says Ishmael was born from Sarah's maid. Then, Isaac was born from Sarah in her old age.

Uzamaki Hinata
19th May 2008, 7:58 AM
Well, it was not Stupid, Pointless, and I hope it was not Annoying.
Maybe, it was off-topic. I was just thinking if I asked you a question, then it was only fair to get a question myself.

I didn't say it was stupid or pointless or anything. I'd never say that about what someone believes at all. And I'm sorry it came out like I was saying that, but I didn't mean it like that at all. ^_^

crobatman
19th May 2008, 9:15 PM
no offense taken. That is what Spam (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages) means though. :)

About God being your Father:
God is our creator, but just believing in him is not enough. For Christianity, it is a service to him, and also an adoption by Him.

mielad2
21st May 2008, 3:03 PM
Okay I went to a Mosque a few days ago with the whole class.
I learned allot of new things.

Tip of today: Never say ''Uffff'' against your parents
Not even a smal uf. Let's say your mom says.. (name) go to the mall and get milk.
*you go and come back with the milk. (Name) sorry but I have forgotten to tell you to get butter aswell.. *you get butter and get it.* (name) I also had forgotten the honey.. You may not say uff in any case. Your mother has the the right to do it though. You are not allowed against your parents.

Angeling
25th June 2008, 9:48 PM
Continue on.

Uzamaki Hinata
25th June 2008, 10:30 PM
Thank you again for opening it...

Anyway, since we haven't had a topic for quite a while now...

Has there ever been a time in your life where you didn't stand up for Islam or said you were Muslim because of shame?

Not the best, I know, but I realize that there are a growing number of people who hardly ever mention the fact that they're Muslim if at all.

tuan_pokemon
7th July 2008, 3:47 PM
Whew I thought this club was going to be closed down, but it's a relief that it's opened again.

And for the question

Has there ever been a time in your life where you didn't stand up for Islam or said you were Muslim because of shame?

Not really, when I lived in Australia, I was proud that I was a muslim, that's probably because I'm different from everybody else, but everyone there is nice so they could accept me and it's just fine with everyone.

Pokemonforever
13th August 2008, 6:08 PM
Everyone, it's been a while since i've posted here. Anyway, I feek really lucky that 5 of us Muslim students out of the whole 42 students in my class (me included!) are able to freely pray when the time comes. Our friends will understand and will keep silent until we finish.

Drakid
13th August 2008, 7:56 PM
That nice.

Uzamaki Hinata
1st September 2008, 3:15 AM
That nice.

SPAM, you guys, please, try to put more to your post!

Anyway, haven't posted in FOREVER, but just wanted to say that I THINK Ramadan has been confirmed for Monday, September 1st. Insha'allah, I wish you all a great Ramadan! Please try your best to pray on time and remember Allah whenever you can, remember, the Shayton is locked up during this holy month of ours! Try to distance yourselves away from the haram and try to not listen to music as well. Read the Quran and try finishing it as well! And most of all, I hope that you enjoy Ramadan just like we're supposed to. I wish you all a great month, so...

RAMADAN MUBARAK! =D

Uzamaki Hinata
1st September 2008, 3:30 AM
That nice.

SPAM, you guys, please, try to put more to your post!

Anyway, haven't posted in FOREVER, but just wanted to say that I THINK Ramadan has been confirmed for Monday, September 1st. Insha'allah, I wish you all a great Ramadan! Please try your best to pray on time and remember Allah whenever you can, remember, the Shayton is locked up during this holy month of ours! Try to distance yourselves away from the haram and try to not listen to music as well. Read the Quran and try finishing it as well! And most of all, I hope that you enjoy Ramadan just like we're supposed to. I wish you all a great month, so...

RAMADAN MUBARAK! =D

A-GAME
10th September 2008, 10:33 PM
OMG! I haven't been to this thread in ages!!! Well, I haven't been to this whole forum in ages, so... Anyway, It's already been 10 days in Ramadan, so how are you guys been doing? :D So far Ramadan's been great for me. :)

I hope that you all are having a very happy Ramadan. ^_^

tuan_pokemon
23rd September 2008, 1:23 PM
Well I have been doing well this ramadan. I haven't missed a day yet in fasting and Insha'allah it won't happen.

So do you guys visit friends and relatives on ramadan? Here in Indonesia everyone is busy going back to their home village.

Pokemon Trainer 619
1st October 2008, 11:34 AM
Salaam Alaykum my dear muslim brothers and sisters. My name is Ali Fayaz Jaffer. I would like to join this club as im a muslim. Anyways:
EID MUBARAK TO ALL!

And to answer the previous question, yes i visit my friends and relatives. I fasted only 12 because i got sick and also my great-grandma passed away so it was hard for me to fast.

Rikku
1st October 2008, 12:00 PM
Hello there.

I'm not a muslim and not a member here..but do you mind if I ask a few questions? if I can't,then its ok.

Question 1:

What is inside the kaabah? is it true that when you looked up (inside the kaabah) you will become crazy and totally forgot about your life? (my muslim friend said this to me,therefore,he said,you must not look up)

Question 2:

It is true that when a non muslim enters makkah,he/she will suddenly be gone or be chase by a weird creature?

Question 3:

If a child of a non muslim converted to Islam when he/she decides to,will the parents get to enter heaven? (in muslim)

Thank you.Please,I'm not racist and I came from Malaysia which has many race and religion.

arceus03
1st October 2008, 5:02 PM
Peace be upon you.

I'm joining ^_^
Just discovered this thread just now.
And yeah, Eid al-Mubarak to all those who celebrate it.

Hello there.

I'm not a muslim and not a member here..but do you mind if I ask a few questions? if I can't,then its ok.

Question 1:

What is inside the kaabah? is it true that when you looked up (inside the kaabah) you will become crazy and totally forgot about your life? (my muslim friend said this to me,therefore,he said,you must not look up)

There is no thing such as that. Inside the Kaabah.. Well, it's actually like a room. If you watch the film Muhammad the Last Messenger you'll see what it's like. Can someone who have gone there tell? I haven't,. so..

Question 2:

It is true that when a non muslim enters makkah,he/she will suddenly be gone or be chase by a weird creature?

Erm, no, I think not. But non Muslims cannot enter the Makkah.

Question 3:

If a child of a non muslim converted to Islam when he/she decides to,will the parents get to enter heaven? (in muslim)

If the parents aren't Muslim they won't. By no means a non muslim gets to enter heaven.

Thank you.Please,I'm not racist and I came from Malaysia which has many race and religion.

Oh? I'm from Malaysia too ^^

So do you guys visit friends and relatives on ramadan? Here in Indonesia everyone is busy going back to their home village.

In Malaysia everyone goes back to their villages on Eid. Hmm..

Rikku
1st October 2008, 5:08 PM
Oh? I'm from Malaysia too ^^

In Malaysia everyone goes back to their villages on Eid. Hmm..

Thanks for answering my questions ^^

oh,your a malaysian? well nice meeting you!

By no means a non muslim gets to enter heaven. erm,what does that means?

Pokemon Trainer 619
1st October 2008, 6:27 PM
Ummm....i dont know if this helps, but our malim said that a JUST non-muslim is better than an UNJUST muslim. thats wat i think he said anyways.

tuan_pokemon
1st October 2008, 6:49 PM
Selamat Hari raya Idul Fitri 1429H Minnal Aiddin Walfaidzin.
Happy Eid al-Mubarak.

Hello there.

Question 1:

Question 2:

Question 3:

Well to the questions, for number one, what I've heard from my aunt who had been inside the kaabah, she said inside of it there's a black stone called the Hajaz Aswad.
For the second question, I don't think anything like that would happen.
And for the third question I agree to Arceus03's answer.

arceus03
3rd October 2008, 2:34 PM
Thanks for answering my questions ^^

oh,your a malaysian? well nice meeting you!

By no means a non muslim gets to enter heaven. erm,what does that means?

In Islamic teachings, only muslims get to enter heaven.
No matter how bad a muslim is, i.e even though he never follows Islamic teachings in his life, if he does not deny that there is no God except Allah then he will get to enter heaven, even though he might have to be in hell for some time because of his doings.

On the other hand, a non muslim, even though he is as kind as can be he will never enter heaven.

If someone thinks I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

Emperor Giratina
3rd October 2008, 2:50 PM
In Islamic teachings, only muslims get to enter heaven.
No matter how bad a muslim is, i.e even though he never follows Islamic teachings in his life, if he does not deny that there is no God except Allah then he will get to enter heaven, even though he might have to be in hell for some time because of his doings.

On the other hand, a non muslim, even though he is as kind as can be he will never enter heaven.

If someone thinks I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

Actually, If a Muslim does wrong and does not follows Islamic teachings, he/she will enter Hell for sure whereas a pious and humble Muslim who follows Islamic teachings will enter Heaven... I'm a member of this club by the way, I know I have been absent for a long period of time... It was because I was really busy and I did'nt see this club and I though a moderator deleted it... Sorry. :'(

arceus03
3rd October 2008, 4:24 PM
Actually, If a Muslim does wrong and does not follows Islamic teachings, he/she will enter Hell for sure whereas a pious and humble Muslim who follows Islamic teachings will enter Heaven...

From what I've learnt, no matter how bad a person is, as long as he does not deny that there is no God except Allah, he will enter heaven. But due to his sins he might have to spend a lot of time in hell.. It depends. Sometimes if he receives syafaat from our Prophet he might not have to be in hell at all. There's a hadith:

Those whose last words are "Laa ilaaha Ilaalaah" he has entered heaven.
[I tried to get the actual hadith but it won't appear here =( ]

The word "entered" (past tense) is used to strengthen the fact that if a person does not deny the statement that there is no God except Allah then he will enter Heaven.

tuan_pokemon
3rd October 2008, 6:08 PM
What I've heard from an Ustad (a religious person) he said that saying "Laa ilaaha Ilaalaah" will guarantee that you will enter heaven. But not immediately. Unless if he prays everyday and hardly do any sins.
But for example, a drunkard who killed people, but then he was about to die, but he said "Laa ilaaha Ilaalaah", he will eventually get to heaven. But he will have to atone for his sins in hell first.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or anything.

A-GAME
3rd October 2008, 6:52 PM
Hi, I would like to comment on somethings that have been said here.

In Islam (yes, I'm muslim), we believe that by fully embracing the idea of one God, one creater who created all and to whom everything belongs and in his hands lie the destiny of all things, that would eventually lead you into eternal happiness in heaven. Islamic teachings are what regulates our lives and make it easier to achieve our ultimate goal; which is to be good human beings and thus be rewarded with eternal life in heaven.

The general idea in Islam for entering heaven is that, to believe that there is only one creater, one God whose name is Allah, and to believe that Muhammed is his messenger and last prophet, and by being a good muslim (that is basically being a good human being). However. It is up to God Allah himself to determine whether someone should enter heaven or hell. Even a muslim can enter Hell if his actions and misdeeds led him to. Some muslims might believe that no matter what they do they are going to heaven, which is wrong. We can still enter hell if we were not good muslims and did not achieve what God made us to be. It is also up to God to determine the destiny of non-muslims as well. Sure to believe in God is essential in entering heaven, but in the end whether non-muslims sould or should not enter heaven is only up to God himself. But of course, it will all depend on our deeds in life, as don't expect after having a long life of boo's, sex, and all other wrong doings to have the gates of heaven all open for you to enter! ;)

As for Rikku's questions, well there's pretty much nothing important inside the Kabba. It is just basically a room. And I am sure it is totally ok to look up inside it, people do that all the time and no one's ever lost his mind. We believe that Kaaba is the holiest construction on Earth, and that it was built by Abraham with the help of his son Ismael, by the order of God.

As for non-muslims being chased by monsters in Mekka, Well I don't know where you got that from, non-muslims enter Mekka all the time as well and nothing chases them. :)

P.S. I almost forgot; Happy Eid! :D (Although it's a bit late).

Pokemonforever
6th October 2008, 8:03 PM
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all! Maaf zahir dan batin.

I do have a question though. What is the meaning of friendship in Islam? Will i get to see my friends during 'afterlife'? Not sure how to put it.

A-GAME
7th October 2008, 1:05 AM
I do have a question though. What is the meaning of friendship in Islam? Will i get to see my friends during 'afterlife'? Not sure how to put it.

I don't know why for some reason, some people tend to complicate things when it comes to associating them to Islam. I mean, things are waaayy much simplier than they seem! Really, Islam is not really that complicated! :)

The meaning of friendship in Islam is, the same as the meaning of friendship in humanity as a whole. :) The same kind of friendship anyone would experience since they were little children. The same kind of friendship all other people in the world can experience. If someone and his friends are all being good in their lives in life, then they should not worry about being together in the afterlife. One of the main principles of the afterlife is that, everyone would be accountable for his own actions, the importance of friendship would not be of such importance as it is in this life. In other words, everyone would be too busy looking after what he had accomplished that he wouldn't have the time to worry about anybody else. And then if you were destined to go to heaven, then don't you think it wouldn't be that hard on God Almighty to fulfill such a little request that is to re-unite you with your friends? (If they were good, that is).

All in all, I think that people should just look at things in Islam the way they're supposed to be; the huminitarian way. Because afterall Islam is a religion that takes care of humanity.

Have a nice day! :)

crobatman
7th October 2008, 6:23 AM
Wow! This club has been getting more active lately!

You guys are having good discussions now. THey are very interesting and I have learned more about your beliefs, such as claiming there is no God but God! And "Good actions get one into heaven." I don't know if it is possible to be good enough though. I have been hoping this club could get more active.
So, about heaven......What do you think is going to happen when you get there?
I am a Christian just wondering what you think it is going to be like. I believe there will be nothing bad!

Edit:
Oh! I just remembered! I am doing a series of lessons about different religions. I am going to teach some christian teens about Islam in my youth group at my church this sunday. So, I am going to try something interesting. What would you like someone like me to tell them about your beliefs? for example, misconceptions, culture, living as a muslim in your country, etc. this is your opportunity to let your voice, or at least your writings, be heard!

tuan_pokemon
7th October 2008, 5:07 PM
So, about heaven......What do you think is going to happen when you get there?

For that question.
I think I've heard it from my religion teacher at school, he said that when you go to heaven, you will be accompanied by lots of angels who will do anything that you ask it to do, it will grant your wishes too. And it also says in the Quran that there are rivers that have milk and honey flowing and something like that. That's what I've remembered what my teacher said anyway.

A-GAME
7th October 2008, 9:41 PM
^ Yeah, that's right.

Basically in Heaven, the Quran teaches us that there you will be getting everything that you could ever ask for. Anything you want. The level of happiness and satisfaction there is just overwhelming. When you got there, you wont feel sad, sorry, ill, pain, thirsty, hungry, sleepy, or any other similer thing anymore. Just eternal life of happiness.

..and as for the what you can say about Islam for the children, well, the most fandemintal thing about our religion that you can convey to them is to tell them that Islam is the religion of peace. I know that people hear that a lot, and most of them don't really coop with this term and what they see in the media and stuff, but what makes Islam really a message of peace is that it actually is a way of spreading peace among humans, unite them with their creater, its God's way of directing people into the right path, the path which if they take, they would all find the way to love each other and learn to live peacfully with one another. And eventually accomplishing eternal pleasure in the afterlife by keeping on that path.

Hope that helped.

Uzamaki Hinata
7th October 2008, 11:34 PM
OH

MY

GODDD

THE CLUB LIVES! O____O!!!

Wow! This club has been getting more active lately!

Yes, isn't that awesome? XD

You guys are having good discussions now. THey are very interesting and I have learned more about your beliefs, such as claiming there is no God but God! And "Good actions get one into heaven." I don't know if it is possible to be good enough though. I have been hoping this club could get more active.

I'm very glad that you were able to learn more about Islam ^____^ No, really, it's super awesome! Even more awesome that you come in here with such a positive attitude every time you post! So, thanks for that XD I hope it gets more active too!

And thanks to you guys so very muchh for continuing posting here ;____;! That's teh awesomeness of you guys!

And, anyway, it seems that one of our co-owners has left serebii and I was thinking, since you've been very helpful with answering questions about Islam, ROCK-RULES, would you like to take up the space for Inferno, since he left SPPF? ^^;;

Other than that, happy belated Eid! I hope you all had a very awesome Eid!

And seriously, thanks for the questions, they spark discussion here =D What did you guys all do for your Eids? Hope your Ramadan fasting was accepted! ^___^

What would you like someone like me to tell them about your beliefs?

Well, I guess the only thing I could come up with is that just because the people, the terrorist do and say all of those things, Islam isn't the one who's promoting it. It's something that they pulled out, maybe out of concept, and it's not something all Muslims do. Of course, now this just sounds incredibly lame, lol. But that's all I can think of now.

By the way, the thing you're doing, crobatman, sounds very, very awesome! Not just about talking about Islam to your youth group, I mean, just being able to talk to your youth group and educate them. I envy you xD

Oh yeah, welcome arceus03 to the club! Have fun and enjoy you're stay =D

A-GAME
7th October 2008, 11:48 PM
OH
And, anyway, it seems that one of our co-owners has left serebii and I was thinking, since you've been very helpful with answering questions about Islam, ROCK-RULES, would you like to take up the space for Inferno, since he left SPPF? ^^;;

Wow! Thank you very much! ^^ It'd be an honor. It's my pleasure to accept it! Although I don't come to Serebiiforums as I once used to, but I can still co-run this place! ;)

And I would like to add something about what you said concerning the "terrorists". Those people falsely claim that they are doing whatever they're doing in the name of Islam, whereas Islam has nothing to do with the actions they do. But what saddens me the most is the fact that some people in the world would actually believe them, and would jump on and accuse Islam of feuling them with hate.

Hopefully some day people around the world would realize how awesome our religion is and how it has nothing to do with the actions of the terrorists.

Pokemonforever
9th October 2008, 4:03 PM
I don't know why for some reason, some people tend to complicate things when it comes to associating them to Islam. I mean, things are waaayy much simplier than they seem! Really, Islam is not really that complicated! :)

The meaning of friendship in Islam is, the same as the meaning of friendship in humanity as a whole. :) The same kind of friendship anyone would experience since they were little children. The same kind of friendship all other people in the world can experience. If someone and his friends are all being good in their lives in life, then they should not worry about being together in the afterlife. One of the main principles of the afterlife is that, everyone would be accountable for his own actions, the importance of friendship would not be of such importance as it is in this life. In other words, everyone would be too busy looking after what he had accomplished that he wouldn't have the time to worry about anybody else. And then if you were destined to go to heaven, then don't you think it wouldn't be that hard on God Almighty to fulfill such a little request that is to re-unite you with your friends? (If they were good, that is).

All in all, I think that people should just look at things in Islam the way they're supposed to be; the huminitarian way. Because afterall Islam is a religion that takes care of humanity.

Have a nice day! :)

Thanks for answering me. Yeah, i should not really focus on wordly desires but on working my way to being accepted into paradise. However, the point is that my friends who were so kind to me, who never showed a hint of prejudice or biasness against Islam but even took efforts to want to know the religion, they are all non muslims. I know that being non muslim there is only one place for them. I can only pray and hope that they see the 'light' and embrace our beautiful religion. Anyways, I also have other questions. Being a teen, im sure there are many questions and issues we still do not quite understand yet. So here is a question, how is music viewed in Islam. Is it allright to listen to any kinds of music? I know, I indulge in all kinds of music and experience pure aural bliss each time I stuff the earphones in to my ears. Is it permissable? Thanks in advance for anyone able to answer my question.

A-GAME
10th October 2008, 8:42 PM
You're welcome.

So here is a question, how is music viewed in Islam. Is it allright to listen to any kinds of music? I know, I indulge in all kinds of music and experience pure aural bliss each time I stuff the earphones in to my ears. Is it permissable? Thanks in advance for anyone able to answer my question.

Well. That is a very debatable issue. Some believe that music and singing distracts you from your duties, thus they deem it unacceptable or more likely forbiddin. However, I don't believe that every type of music is a bad thing and should be forbiddin. I mean, of course lowsy music which only talk about money and sex...etc are bad, But there are also some good pieces of music that have good causes. I like to think of at as, God has given us minds and total control of our destiny. So, we do realize what is right from wrong when we see it. Literature is never something bad and Islam encourages it. And some songs carry a very beautifully poetic essence, so how can Islam encourage something and then bash it at the same time? Some songs talk about being a good person in life, and achieve your goals. Besides a muslim is also a human being who has feelings so it would be more rational for him to have an interest in emotional songs. Plus music is a very good mean of entertainment and we are very allowed to entertain ourselves, without crossing the limits that God has put for us.

For me, I do like to listen to music. I basically like Rock music, I listen to Linkin Park, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Metallica, and many more. I've never felt that the music I listen to have affected my faith or beliefs. So I think as long as things stay this way, everything should be alright.

Hope that helps.

Pokemonforever
11th October 2008, 12:36 PM
Hope that helps.

Yes it did, thx. So basically, almost any songs are allright as long as we are not influenced by them right? Anyways, here is another question.

Movies. We all love to watch them and they are enjoyed by people of all walks of life. My question is, I know many Hollywood movies have *explicit* scenes inserted into many parts of the movie, eventhough the movie is not about something erotic or perverse. Take the movie Iron Man or Hostel I and II. Saw. These are only a few examples of movies whoch have erotic and/or gore scenes in them. What I want to know is, what do we do in these kinds of situation when we watch them?

arceus03
11th October 2008, 12:46 PM
Yes it did, thx. So basically, almost any songs are allright as long as we are not influenced by them right? Anyways, here is another question.

But I heard one of my friends said that it is haram for us to hear to music of it has some parts concerning s*x. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

About the movies, I don't know, so let's wait for ROCK-RULEZ! (or anyone) to answer ^_^;

A-GAME
11th October 2008, 11:00 PM
But I heard one of my friends said that it is haram for us to hear to music of it has some parts concerning s*x. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, yeah. If a song for example was just talking about sex and women and stuff, then I believe they can qualify as haram. For instance, you see those rap songs were the rappers would only be talking about women, sex, drugs, alchohol during the whole song, and you see half naked women dancing in the video, then I'm not sure going for those kinds of music would be a good idea.

As for movies. Well, I am not, like, a Religious Character (Muftee), but I believe it would depend on the person himself. And I don't think that they are haram. I mean, if the movie contained a very bad story, and contained lots of *ahem* scenes, then I believe those should be avoided. But again, it is extremely hard to find a movie fully clean. So, I think if someone wanted to watch a movie and it happened that there was some scenes that are not desent, then maybe you can watch the movie and skip those scenes.

Movies are a kind of art, and art is not haram in Islam. Some sorts of art go the wrong way, and those kinds we try to avoid. As for those which don't go the wrong way, then I think they would be ok.

That is according to my humble opinion. I would love to see other people opinions and what they know about the issues. Hope I am helping. Take care, and peace be upon you all.

crobatman
12th October 2008, 4:06 AM
well, thank you guys for your responses, and I will be sharing them tomorrow. If you want my to know all I am talking about tomorrow, you'll have to pm me, because I am biased in that I am not a muslim. I am going to copy your quotes, and share them. So, here is a new question: How can one be good enough to get into heaven? please, support your answer with your scripture. :)

Sephiroth_Shaymin
23rd November 2008, 12:05 AM
I don't care if I get infracted: STOP BOMBING ISRAEL!!!!! YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS!!! -Sephiroth_Shaymin-