PDA

View Full Version : Guide to running a channel with rational standards.

Neal11
31st December 2007, 11:06 AM
tl;dr

Know one truly gives a **** about what you have to say, please get thrown in jail.

Bryloom
4th January 2008, 1:37 PM
I doubt anyone cares enough to read all this

Tyranny of Tyranitar
4th January 2008, 1:49 PM
You talk too much. Serebii will run the channel however he feels like it. If you want to run your own channel or IRC or whatever, go ahead, but stop complaining about ours. It's not of your business how the channel is run.

Learn what tl;dr is so people will actually care to read your posts.

EDIT: I'll defeat one of your paragraphs because I'm feeling nice today.

Now of course, many times a person ban evades, he continues to do the same crime. Ban someone for flooding? But then, s0meone joins the channel, and floods some more, then you ban him for ban evasion. But in reality, you're banning him for flooding. But then, some0ne else joins the channel, then s0me0ne again, then som3one, and then they all flood, and you ban them all, for more ban evasion. But suppose s0m30n3 joins the channel, but instead, he is silent, and doesn't break a rule. Oh, of course, he must be someone that is evading. Matter fact, the fact that he joined the channel must mean he should be banned, right? Even though *that nick* didn't do anything. Different host. You just assume it is the same person. Even though you may be 99% right.

This is why I'm against ban evasion rules in general.

It's called an IP address; it's a second way to check. Even if somehow a person who didn't violate any rules had the same name and same IP address as the person whom did, which would be equivalent to 1 in millions chance of happening, that sucks tough luck. What is a ban going to do to you, kill you?

Kirby
4th January 2008, 5:25 PM
Do me a favor and stop evading your ban.

For God's sake, you're over 20 years old. What the hell is wrong with you? Don't you have anything better to do then evade a ban on a pokemon forum?

What is your problem?