PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons or Family Guy

Pages : [1] 2

buneary dude
5th January 2008, 5:32 AM
Buneary dude here! So yeah, the title of the thread pretty much says it. Which do you like better? The Simpsons or Family Guy? I've done this thread before, but somehow it got deleted. So say which you like better out of The Simpsons or Family Guy. And please no saying Futurama, South Park, or possibly American Dad beats them both. We all know these two have been animated rivals since Family Guy first plagerized. Now say.

~-Overheat-~
5th January 2008, 6:42 AM
Simpsons hands down.

palkia1
5th January 2008, 6:43 AM
The Simpsons easily. Family Guy is funny but i love the Simpsons. It's my favourite show and is funnier then Family Guy. The characters have more depth and there are also more regular characters. For all those reasons i think Simpsons is much better then Family Guy (but both are really funny and great shows)

Of these four main shows my favourites go like this:

1. The Simpsons (of course, far better then the others)
2. Futurama (Matt Groening did a great job with this too)
3. Family Guy (Very funny shows, but Simpsons/Futurama funnier)
4. American Dad (I've never really liked it. Has its funny moments, but overall not that great)

HK
5th January 2008, 6:50 AM
For when they were both at their peak (first two seasons of Family Guy... up to season nine or whatever for The Simpsons), I easily prefer The Simpsons. Far wittier dialogue and more enjoyable characters. Does satire a lot better.

Sadly, both have succumbed to becoming overwraught and pieces of shite. (So, yes, Futurama.)

palkia1
5th January 2008, 7:00 AM
Sadly, both have succumbed to becoming overwraught and pieces of shite. (So, yes, Futurama.)

I don't think Simpsons has (i know a lot of people have but i still like Simpsons just as much as ever. Family Guy is going down though in my opinion. I never got into American Dad. Futurama is great though as well).

I still think Simpsons is the best show on TV and it is still funny. Family Guy is losing its edge though

Rave
5th January 2008, 7:02 AM
I choose Futurama.

martianman40
5th January 2008, 7:03 AM
Simpsons, definitely.

Azure Wolf
5th January 2008, 9:13 AM
Simpsons, obviously better.

Kataphrut
5th January 2008, 9:17 AM
They're both good, but Family Guy is pretty much The Simpsons, but not aimed at kids. So, definatly Simpsons. Homer Rulez!

Kataphrut
5th January 2008, 9:18 AM
They're both good, but Family Guy is pretty much The Simpsons, but not aimed at kids. So, definatly Simpsons. Homer Rulez!

Anaya
5th January 2008, 9:19 AM
I like them both. But I say The Simpson's.

~XB~
5th January 2008, 9:21 AM
theyre both great shows, family guy has those BAM, right at ya kinda jokes, whereas the simpsons is more subtle about it, which is why it has been on for so long, which is why it overall it is a better show, even though my opinion is that family guy is funnier.
and futurama>>>>all other shows

hIrAm
5th January 2008, 9:25 AM
Family Guy of course!

Ethan
5th January 2008, 9:25 AM
The Simpsons were kicking *** 10 years before Family Guy was even thought of. Yes Family Guy is funny but there really is no comparison.

Cyber Cyclone
5th January 2008, 9:27 AM
I haven;'t really got a chance to watch Family Guy but I did watch a couple of episode but I like The Simpson MUCH better it is for aimed for kids like said before.

S.Suikun
5th January 2008, 5:54 PM
Simpsons for kids? I seriously doubt kids would understand even half the jokes on The Simpsons. If anything, Family Guy would appeal to them more due to how in-your-face every gag is.

The Simpsons may have gone to hell a whole decade ago, but I'd still watch it over Family Guy, which drains my I.Q. with its unsophisticated level of joke-telling and storytelling.

Manly Blissey
5th January 2008, 5:58 PM
This would go here (http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6).

spawngod316
5th January 2008, 6:09 PM
I like Family Guy more. Simpsons are still great, but I do not laugh as much when I watch the Simpsons as I do with Family Guy.

John Light
5th January 2008, 6:10 PM
I like them both, but I think family guy

Gravy
5th January 2008, 6:23 PM
Even in it's so-called Golden age, Family Guy never failed to make me raise the question of 'How the hell anyone could find that funny?'.

Stating that 'The Simpsons' has rocketed downhill and hit a few shrubs and potholes on the way is about redundant as ketchup on tomato soup, so I won't go there, but needless to say, I can still crack a smile or produce a hearty laugh at pretty much anything pre-season 10. As crazy as that may sound, methinks that implies a certain level of quality.

bobjr
5th January 2008, 6:48 PM
Simpsons, as I would hate to see what Family Guy would look like after 19 seasons.

Fluorescent Adolescent
5th January 2008, 6:49 PM
The Simpsons beats the **** out of Family Guy in every way possible. I've been watching it since the early 90's, and although I much preferred the starting seasons, I still crack a few smiles and laughs at the new ones (although not nearly as much as I did with the first few series).

Freya
5th January 2008, 6:51 PM
Neither, so I pick the invisible choice being, Futurama.

pokemaster 13
5th January 2008, 6:58 PM
Simpsons for kids? I seriously doubt kids would understand even half the jokes on The Simpsons. If anything, Family Guy would appeal to them more due to how in-your-face every gag is.

The Simpsons may have gone to hell a whole decade ago, but I'd still watch it over Family Guy, which drains my I.Q. with its unsophisticated level of joke-telling and storytelling.

besides,matt groenings whole purpose of the show was make a adult,realistic world in a cartoon.let me say it in this way,family guy is simpsons inspired.

Hero
5th January 2008, 7:00 PM
family guy is so much funnier. whilst i could never see family guy running for as long as the simpsons has, i'd rather watch 6 seasons of hilarity over 19 seasons of mediocre humour.

DragonDance
5th January 2008, 11:10 PM
Anyone who thinks Family Guy is good automatically fails in life.

palkia1
6th January 2008, 5:02 AM

I think Simpsons is for adults and kids. It has some jokes that a lot of kids wouldn't understand yet kids also find other jokes on it funny. I think that Matt Groening did a good job of making the Simpsons adult oriented yet still funny to children. I like Simpsons more because the humour is smarter and more subtle/sophisticated where Family Guy is so in-your-face that i just find it stupid rather then funny sometimes

Aqua_Maiden
6th January 2008, 5:06 AM
I choose Family Guy because it's much more funnier than the Simpsons. Still, they are both great cartoons.

Archimedes
6th January 2008, 5:10 AM
I choose Family Guy because it's much more funnier than the Simpsons.

No it's not. You must have an awful sense of humor.

Futurama kicks both their asses.

pokemaster 13
6th January 2008, 5:20 AM
No it's not. You must have an awful sense of humor.

Futurama kicks both their asses.

true,but without the simpsons you wouldn't have futurama.

Archimedes
6th January 2008, 5:39 AM
true,but without the simpsons you wouldn't have futurama.

In this case the student surpassed the master.

tigerstartiger
6th January 2008, 6:17 AM
The Simpsons.

Cobalt_Latios
6th January 2008, 6:18 AM
While both shows are funny and usually make no sense whatsoever (which is why they are funny), I'd go with Simpsons simply because the jokes there aren't nearly as crude as some the jokes that Family Guy does (and in many ways, tries to do it too often). Also, the jokes in Simpsons are towards things of everyday life that most of us need to get a good laugh at. Family Guy is moreso aimed at popular culture with it's satire, though Simpsons tends to accomplish it better.

Futurama is great, in fact it's easily on par with Simpsons. Since most of the jokes are futuristic related, I can see how many people would enjoy this more.

All in all, even though I haven't really watched Simpsons in quite a while, I'd choose it anyday over Family Guy. Mostly, because I find Family Guy a bit too... provocative that Simpsons, which is slightly milder (I repeat slightly). Yes, you're hearing this through a Seventeen year old. That's just me.

~C_L~

nubinator
6th January 2008, 6:19 AM
neither

girls gone wild owns you and you and you

Skater Trainer
6th January 2008, 6:42 AM
I Second nubinator's post

then

Family guy for me, I'm not a simpsons fan.

Rave
6th January 2008, 6:43 AM
neither

girls gone wild owns you and you and you

That series got old after its second season.

Archimedes
6th January 2008, 6:46 AM
That series got old after its second season.

Same thing happened with Everybody Loves Hypnotoad. It just started to suALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

lugia100
6th January 2008, 6:49 AM
Family guy. Both cartoons are very funny but The Simpsons arnt as funny as they used to be. So thats why I chose Family Guy.

Rave
6th January 2008, 6:50 AM
Same thing happened with Everybody Loves Hypnotoad. It just started to suALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

I don't like it. I don't have a very good attention span to be hypnotized.

Archimedes
6th January 2008, 7:01 AM
I don't like it. I don't have a very good attention span to be hypnotized.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD? ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

Anzua2
6th January 2008, 7:32 AM
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD? ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

HYPNOTOAD REQUIRES A OKKUSENMAN VIDEO.

DO IT NOW, MINDSLAVE.

Archimedes
6th January 2008, 8:55 AM
HYPNOTOAD REQUIRES A OKKUSENMAN VIDEO.

DO IT NOW, MINDSLAVE.

Quiet, Binkyboy!

Kataki
6th January 2008, 8:58 AM
Family Guy, it's just funnier than the Simpsons, for me anyway, since the jokes are a bit more... dirty? xD

Gravy
6th January 2008, 1:52 PM
Crude. The word your looking for is crude.

senkrad
6th January 2008, 3:32 PM
family guy is definetly better!!!

the simpsons sucks >_>

peter is a retard, stewie is a maniac, lois is stupid, chris is dumb, meg is soooooooooooo ugly xD

homer is stupid, lisa is smart, bart is a bully, marge is...erhm...

family guy FTW!

palkia1
6th January 2008, 5:21 PM

I wouldn't consider Bart a bully. He's just a troublemaker. Nelson, Jimbo, Kearney and Dolph are the bullies. What you said though was a pretty good sum up of the characters. One thing i like about the Simpsons is the depth of their characters and the amount of supporting characters. Some of them are awesome

Rave
6th January 2008, 5:23 PM
family guy is definetly better!!!

the simpsons sucks >_>

peter is a retard, stewie is a maniac, lois is stupid, chris is dumb, meg is soooooooooooo ugly xD

family guy FTW!

Your speech and comparisons make me want to puke.

HK
6th January 2008, 5:31 PM
These posts are proving the belief that Family Guy panders to the lower-common denominator.

Do note that crude and vulgar humor does mean it's "adult" -- that's more of a sign of immaturity.

While later Simpsons are no better, there is wit and class to the earlier seasons. It's about sarcasm, satire, and smart dialogue, not "OH HOMER HURT HIMSELF OH SO FUNNY" (which is largely the type of humor that Family Guy is comprised of).

Carlisle
6th January 2008, 5:56 PM
Meh. Family Guy.

Simpsons sometimes has too many off those "feel good speshul" episodes.

Though neither are that great.

lamp of meow
6th January 2008, 9:40 PM
Family Guy

It's more wittier. Bart really isn't too funny, nor Lisa. Homer, Ralph and chief Wiggum are the only funny ones, because they're stupid.

Also, The Simpsons is intended for children mostly, which be why I don't find it too funny.

??????
6th January 2008, 10:05 PM
Those two shows are futile attempts to entertain with crap that contaminates my TV.

They FAIL.

S.Suikun
6th January 2008, 10:05 PM
Family Guy? Wittier? Please do explain.

Shows have more depth than stupid characters, but if that's your liking, then I can see your liking of FG due to Peter and son's unbeilievably obnoxious retardation.

I'd also like someone to explain this "Simpsons is for children" thing for a reason other than that FG is cruder in comparison. Because in that case, it just proves the immaturity of one show over another.

Erus Black Mage
7th January 2008, 1:39 AM
Futurama, where is it?

But for the sake of the topic, both suck equally.

Manly Blissey
7th January 2008, 1:57 AM
If I had to pick, I'd go with Family Guy.

KetchupO
7th January 2008, 2:56 AM
um...I hate them both.
With passion. :D

Carlisle
7th January 2008, 3:21 AM
Family Guy? Wittier? Please do explain.

Shows have more depth than stupid characters, but if that's your liking, then I can see your liking of FG due to Peter and son's unbeilievably obnoxious retardation.

I'd also like someone to explain this "Simpsons is for children" thing for a reason other than that FG is cruder in comparison. Because in that case, it just proves the immaturity of one show over another.

No one on this forum should be calling Family Guy or Simpsons "immature" because the people should feel stupid seeing as they like Pokemon. Yeah, what a real mature show.

Property of Kirby
7th January 2008, 3:27 AM
Futurama.

10char

Manly Blissey
7th January 2008, 3:52 AM
No one on this forum should be calling Family Guy or Simpsons "immature" because the people should feel stupid seeing as they like Pokemon. Yeah, what a real mature show.

Haha, very true.

SlipKnoT
7th January 2008, 7:13 PM
Early Simpsons > Family Guy > Recent Simpsons

Cutty
8th January 2008, 9:06 AM
Im gonna go 4 The Simpsons this time. The big movie rawks.

Funny, I didnt notice this thread before. Hm.

Dark Arceus
8th January 2008, 9:10 AM
Simpsons is better. I just find it funnier.

~-Overheat-~
8th January 2008, 10:56 AM
Simpsons have more humour.

Kakumei
8th January 2008, 11:02 AM
Simpsons, most definitely.

The_Panda
8th January 2008, 11:15 AM
I very rarely watch either, but I like the more satirical nature of the Simpsons (I don't find Family Guy that funny to be honest anyway).

Walking Contradiction
8th January 2008, 4:57 PM
The Simpsons hands all the way down. The reason? Simpsons is funny and has always been. Family Guy is not funny and has never been.
So: Simpsons is teh rawkzorz, FG is teh phailzorz.

Tyrannotaur
8th January 2008, 9:44 PM
To each their own.
I have to say I appreciate Family Guy's sarcasm and Pop Culture references way more than the Simpson's more subtle humor.

although the Simpson's movie was hilarious.

Munchy.42
8th January 2008, 9:46 PM
The Simpsons hands all the way down. The reason? Simpsons is funny and has always been. Family Guy is not funny and has never been.
So: Simpsons is teh rawkzorz, FG is teh phailzorz.

Quoted for the truth.

HK
8th January 2008, 11:42 PM
Family Guy

It's more wittier.

No. You are absolutely wrong.

Also, The Simpsons is intended for children mostly, which be why I don't find it too funny.

No, early Simpsons is intended primarily for adults. Family Guy is more likely to appeal to pre-teens and teenagers because of its "HA-HA PENIS JOKE" type humor.

Yeah, because watching the Pokémon anime is the only reason for this forum! There is absolutely NOTHING ELSE to discuss on this forum!

Rave
8th January 2008, 11:51 PM
I like how people are just saying that one show is funnier or stupider than the other.

This shows what people's lousy tastes are today.

Property of Kirby
8th January 2008, 11:56 PM
This shows what people's lousy tastes are today.

Then I will try again tomorrow, good sir.

Jolteh
8th January 2008, 11:59 PM
I'd say both, but Family Guy makes me laugh more.
Maybe because of its stupidity. :P

Rave
9th January 2008, 12:08 AM
Then I will try again tomorrow, good sir.

They are just defending each sides with stupid reasons. Thats something I'm trying to get at.

I mean, Family Guy? Wittier?

And the Simpson for little kids?

Have I been left out of some huge meeting that everyone else was involved with?

Ryan's Team
9th January 2008, 12:09 AM
Simspon, family guy rip off of it

Dark SpOOn Bender
9th January 2008, 12:10 AM
I never liked the Simpsons. I used to watch it a few years ago, but the entire time I was just "meh".
About 5% of the things on Family Guy made me laugh really hard. The rest is just plain stupid.
In other words, I don't watch either anymore and therefore cannot say which is better =)

Property of Kirby
9th January 2008, 12:18 AM

Yes. Yes, you have.

I tried my best to kill the idiots, but some escaped and started breeding. I fail :(

Explosion
9th January 2008, 12:23 AM
I'd say Futurama, because it's very different from what many people view the future, Hypnotoads and Brainslugs and all.

Simpson and Family Guy are more or less equal, Simpson with its subtle humor, and Family Guy with its countless pop culture referances(though the flashbacks annoy me).

palkia1
9th January 2008, 2:26 AM
They are just defending each sides with stupid reasons. Thats something I'm trying to get at.

I mean, Family Guy? Wittier?

And the Simpson for little kids?

I must agree. Family Guy is anything but witty. It is mainly just stupid, directed towards pre-teens that find "penis jokes" are the funniest thing on earth. And Simpsons is not directed towards kids. Kids wouldn't understand half the references that are made. Simpsons targets adults and kids. Simpsons has a hell of a lot more depth then Family Guy ever will and its subtle humour is better then Family Guy's in your face stupidity

Crystal Clair
9th January 2008, 4:48 AM
I say Family Guy
when I watched it, I couldn't stop laughing. I love the type of humor used in that show. I also like the show because it reminds me of my family in a way. My mom pointed it out and I just had to agree. The main characters, they're not our perfect equivelants but each character has a bit of everyone in my family in them. For example Mm dad and I share Stewie's traits.

And maybe I have this preference because I'm just so sick of the Simpsons. They've been around too long. Not even a fresh coat of paint would do. The only thing that would make them fresher is killing them, aka making them into an anime.
*dodges tomatoes*
Seriously, one time I tried to picture the Simpsons in anime style and it just seemed so interesting for me.

bobjr
9th January 2008, 5:00 AM
Yes. Yes, you have.

I tried my best to kill the idiots, but some escaped and started breeding. I fail :(

They know how to breed now? The world might be in danger.

Dattebayo
9th January 2008, 5:15 AM
The Simpsons is the better show since it's less violent than Family Guy, and it's fun for family entertaintment.

Spire
9th January 2008, 5:23 AM
Where the hell's the Futurama option?

EDIT: Well, I might as well pick the early Simpsons. They were great.

S.Suikun
9th January 2008, 5:52 AM
"Mom, I feel kind of funny wearing white. I mean...Milhouse."
"Oh, Milhouse doesn't count."

VS.

"Quagmire, will you accept this rose?"
"Really? After I drugged you and had sex with your unconscious body?"
"What?"
"Yes."

The difference between the level of sophistication is astounding.

Also, the first post specifically asks to keep Futurama and the like out of the topic. I love Futurama as much as anybody, but this elitist attitude that pops up in every FG vs. Simpsons topic on every website forum about "Where's Futurama?" or "Neither, Futurama" gets to me. We've had numerous topics comparing Futurama and The Simpsons, Futurama and Family Guy, Futurama and South Park, Futurama and American Dad, or all five of the above. Creating your own imaginary third option in a topic comparing only two series only proves how you cannot handle a limited discussion in a serious manner.

And Dattebayo, normally I'd tell you to execute yourself, but now that I think about it, I suppose that'd be a little too "violent" for you. May I suggest tying a plastic bag around your head? That's a nice, blood-free alternative...

Slayer
9th January 2008, 4:14 PM
Hey I love family guy
and watch it every day
but i would have to say simpsons
a lot more charicters are in it
and they have more depth
but family guy is defenently up their

TheMoonman
9th January 2008, 4:20 PM
I don't watch too much Simpsons, so I guess I'll say Family Guy.

But GEEEEZ do I really wanna say Futurama! It's that awesome for me to have to contradict what TC said!

Rave
9th January 2008, 4:57 PM
But GEEEEZ do I really wanna say Futurama! It's that awesome for me to have to contradict what TC said!

You may as well go against what the op says anyways. Like what they say matters.

Chris
9th January 2008, 5:00 PM
Neither. Simpsons became stale after the first ten seasons. Family Guy went bad with Season Three.

Both have become terribly unwatchable.

Nidogod
9th January 2008, 5:05 PM
I prefer Family Guy because I like my quick, shallow adult jokes rather than jokes that don't make you laugh quite as much at first but generally have more substance to them.

Dark FireBird
9th January 2008, 5:43 PM
simpsons FTW!
family guy just really bugs me- i just think it's not as funny and takes some jokes too far.

PsychedelicJellyfish
9th January 2008, 6:16 PM
The Simpsons. Though I've seen very little Family Guy, so I can't really say.

The Benmeister
9th January 2008, 6:46 PM
Hard to choose. Both were once great, and now in a ridiculous amount of decline.

I'd say Family Guy as I can recall more humorous references than on the Simpsons, though it comes mighty close.

Miss. Lugia
9th January 2008, 7:13 PM
I like Simpsons but I love Family Guy I have all the seasons and they swear more lol Some Simpson episodes are crap but its ok

Manaphyman
9th January 2008, 7:14 PM
Family guy....I like the comedy better.

Simpsons is a classic, but it is a tad washed up.

HK
9th January 2008, 8:51 PM
anime style

There is NO such thing as "anime style." That is a myth concocted by those who've seen a few series and thought "Oh they all have big eyes and small mouths with no variation" which is an absolute lie.

Simpsons is a classic, but it is a tad washed up.

And Family Guy isn't?

Dark Dranzer
10th January 2008, 12:27 AM
It was hard because I like both shows but I gotta go with Family Guy, I don't know why but I just really like absurd humour XD

Scyther's Blade
10th January 2008, 1:10 AM
The Simpsons. Family Guy isn't funny, it's just lame.

Ridley-X4
10th January 2008, 11:35 PM
Family Guy: Yeah! Like the time we went to see Hitler! *cutaway #9001*

Simpsons: Mmmm, doughnuts. D'OH!

Sums up these two right here.

South Park and Futurama are better.

31st Funk
11th January 2008, 6:16 AM
Anything > Family Guy. I can't stand the "Do you remember..." jokes.

markomega
11th January 2008, 7:08 AM
I guess If I had to choose to either watch The Simpsons or Family Guy I'd pick Family Guy.

Cipher
11th January 2008, 7:12 AM
They've both become awful lately, and I've stopped watching either one. I'm torn about which one is more enjoyable, but I will say this:

Both shows taken at their best, I get more laughs per minute from Family Guy, but The Simpsons is far better written.

Now, I would say that Futurama is both well written and hilarious, but that's not the topic at hand.

Eeveeboy_geoff
11th January 2008, 9:04 AM
Family Guy: Yeah! Like the time we went to see Hitler! *cutaway #9001*

Simpsons: Mmmm, doughnuts. D'OH!

Sums up these two right here.

South Park and Futurama are better.

That's not a fair description of the Simpsons, and anyone who's watched a lot of it should know that. The Simpsons is full of excellent subtle humour, and it doesn't shove its references in your face, like Family Guy. More importantly, I dislike family guy because Peter is, frankly, an ***. Homer can act stupid, and do dumb things, but, in the end, he's a good guy, as are most people on the Simpsons. Family guy is really a very negative picture of humanity... the only character I find myself liking is Brian.

Futurma, however, is amazing. ^.^

Chris
11th January 2008, 9:48 AM
That's not a fair description of the Simpsons, and anyone who's watched a lot of it should know that. The Simpsons is full of excellent subtle humour, and it doesn't shove its references in your face, like Family Guy.
No, but The Simpsons loves to shove "LOL HOMER HURT HIMSELF" in our faces to try and make up for the absurdly poor scripts.

blackrose
11th January 2008, 9:51 AM
the simpsons for sure, i like family guy but i think The Simpsons are better.

The_Panda
11th January 2008, 12:24 PM
The reason the Simpsons is funny is because, rather than being in your face sarcasm, it contains much subtle satire and irony.

palkia1
11th January 2008, 1:40 PM
The reason the Simpsons is funny is because, rather than being in your face sarcasm, it contains much subtle satire and irony.

Too true. Family Guy's humour is so less sophisticated and therefore comes off as less funny. Simpsons are a hell of a lot more creative and clever then having Peter laugh when a person on the TV says "penis" or runs around Quahog naked because a doctor examined him

Rave
11th January 2008, 5:06 PM
This is all just getting really old...

cradle_of_filth_rock
11th January 2008, 5:41 PM
i hate family guy i saw a few episodes it made think why and how dose anyone think this is funny
the tusnami +aids +cancer is alot funnyer that it
the simpsons is ok can make me smile
but i prefer british comedy thats the best and its actrually funny almost all the time if not all the time

Chris
11th January 2008, 5:43 PM
but i prefer british comedy thats the best and its actrually funny almost all the time if not all the time
The SPP Comics prove otherwise that not all British humor is best.

Gravy
11th January 2008, 6:33 PM
I think there's a distinct difference between British humour and bad humour.

Chris
11th January 2008, 7:04 PM
Point is, it's not always "best" like he claims. :P

And really, comedy is comedy. Regardless of nationality or race. If it's not funny, it ain't funny.

My point? Family Guy blows and Simpsons has jumped the shark almost a decade ago.

Rave
11th January 2008, 7:06 PM
Point is, it's not always "best" like he claims. :P

And really, comedy is comedy. Regardless of nationality or race. If it's not funny, it ain't funny.

Thats true.

It all doesn't matter by different genres or whatever.

DIARUGA Trainer
12th January 2008, 8:01 PM
I personally like Family Guy better but I still like the simpsons too.

My favorite animated comedies:
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Futurama
American Dad

in that order.

Nny
12th January 2008, 8:28 PM
The SPP Comics prove otherwise that not all British humor is best.
You are officially my favorite whatevermodpositionyouare on the forums. :(

Crystal Clair
13th January 2008, 4:38 AM
There is NO such thing as "anime style." That is a myth concocted by those who've seen a few series and thought "Oh they all have big eyes and small mouths with no variation" which is an absolute lie.
yes there is but it's a very hard style to define. There is the halfpoint between most anime styles that involves big eyes and small mouths but when I think of anime style, I think of something that has anime-ish character designs and less obnoxious coloring.
I suck at explaining it so I dont blaim you if you cant figure out what I'm trying to convey
XP

mukkubirdfan77
13th January 2008, 4:48 AM
family guy rules i have every season and watch atleast 1-4 eps a day but episodes are starting to go downhill like the episode were Joe got legs the spider man thing was done before.there just starting to recycle things from past eps but seasons 1,2,and5 ROCK!.simpsons is getting REALLY old i watched every ep from season 1-9 then saw eps here and they SUCKED though, i must admit the simp. movie was great but futurama is tied with fam guy

P.S,when are new episodes of futurama airing?

zonic the hedgehog
13th January 2008, 4:56 AM
I think I've enjoyed The Simpsons more than I ever enjoyed Family Guy.

Not that I hate Family Guy, but it's not as well-written and in some cases, not as funny.

Futurama is the best of them all though. :F

jobes
13th January 2008, 4:58 AM
Wow, more sinpsons fans than I thought. I like Family guy better. I personally like the jokes better, and the plots are more interesting. Who cares if simpsons was made way before family guy. Family guy still is better.

bobjr
13th January 2008, 5:01 AM
Wow, more sinpsons fans than I thought. I like Family guy better. I personally like the jokes better, and the plots are more interesting. Who cares if simpsons was made way before family guy. Family guy still is better.

Family Guy has plot? I need to see these episodes. Then again Simpsons almost always turns theirs into a Homer/Marge marriage crisis.

Raccario
14th January 2008, 4:17 AM
I prefer Family Guy

rippersteveM5
15th January 2008, 11:58 PM
I think Family Guy is funnier, but Simpsons was there first and I still like it

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
16th January 2008, 2:04 AM
I prefer the Simpsons over Family Guy, though I do enjoy both shows, but Simpsons on their early days have a more fresher sense of humor as of they have now. Family Guy is the same, but I don't laugh all their sex jokes they have.

neo_senku
18th January 2008, 12:47 AM
i like both but i would choose the simpsons since ive been watching it since i was born and because i fine sublte jokes funnier and they endure over time better two

Metal Bird
19th January 2008, 7:40 AM
I perfer Famliy Guy over The Simpsons, because it's more funnier. The Simpsons used to be funny, but nothing beats Family Guy!

Archimedes
19th January 2008, 7:57 AM
I perfer Famliy Guy over The Simpsons, because it's more funnier. The Simpsons used to be funny, but nothing beats Family Guy!

You seem to be mistaken. Hundreds, if not thousands, of shows(including The Simpsons), are vastly superior to that godawful excuse for a comedy.

mario_fan
20th January 2008, 4:07 AM
....uh idk simpsons they show it every day and its funny but family guy not as much every day but its way funny

Sk@rmory288
20th January 2008, 4:46 AM
I don't like The Simpsons like I used to. So im going with Family Guy cause it still keeps me laughing.

The Simpsons Movie, however, very funny stuff.

-The Skarm

Metal Bird
20th January 2008, 7:38 AM
You seem to be mistaken. Hundreds, if not thousands, of shows(including The Simpsons), are vastly superior to that godawful excuse for a comedy.
Well, you know what Homer would always say: "Doh!"

iluvwobbuffet
20th January 2008, 7:45 AM
The Simpsons raised me.
Although, I love Family Guy too.

If I could only live with one, then I'd choose The Simpsons, no contest.

Infact, I think I'll go watch Homer run through "The Land of Chocolate" right now. =^_^=

Metal Force
20th January 2008, 9:55 AM
The Simpsons for many reasons including but not limited to:

I like The Simpsons' story style better.
The Simpsons is funnier IMO.
I likr The Simpson's sketch style better than Family Guy.

futuramagirl
20th January 2008, 12:58 PM
I like The Simpsons better. I just don't like Family Guy.

Habitso
20th January 2008, 1:00 PM
both funny but family guy has some really good jokes.
although family guy IS quite discriminative

Flembo
20th January 2008, 1:04 PM
Well If it wasn't for the simpsons shows like family guy wouldn't be here however i personally think the jokes on family guy are funnier

The Benmeister
20th January 2008, 1:12 PM
One thing I notice about Family Guy is that over time they have become more and more offensive, and I mean blatently offensive, not taking offense to something that isn't.

I mean, teasing an orphan? Come on, of all the things they could put there, why that? Someone must've sat down and said 'I have a great idea, let's have them tease some orphanned kid'. It's not even that that's the problem. It's the fact that they bothered to put it in, as if to say 'yeah, we can do whatever we want'. It's supposed to be entertainment. But double-yoo-tee-eff.

I understand South Park's point in their Family Guy two parter 'either everything's okay to write about or nothing is' but I presume that applies to generic television overall. But when you go out of the way to make a sketch about something stupid like that...I dunno, it defies belief.

Family Guy's earlier seasons were awesome, though. Even Season 5 was decent. Television is for entertainment, and as long as I laugh I could care less about anything else. All of television is recycled plots anyway, I bet a billion (rough estimate) shows have an episode about gay marriage.

However, looking back at old reruns of the Simpsons, I sometimes wonder how badly writers can lose their way. For the best entertainment, episodes like 'Cape Feare' and 'The Springfield Files' really cannot be topped.

DemonOfWrath
20th January 2008, 2:41 PM
Simpsons are better, there's far more replay value in the episodes than of Family Guy, I find it far easier to watch through a bunch of Simpsons episodes and not get bored. Also, the jokes in the Simpsons often fit into the main plot quite seamlessly, in FG it's too often a random scene out of nowhere that has nothing to do with the main plot. However, FG is usually funnier when the humour's done well, which tends to be in the minority of episodes though.

Shinin
20th January 2008, 6:31 PM
The Simpsons was better, but after season 10, it started to go downhill, so Old Simpsons > Family Guy > New Simpsons.

Ashy Boy
20th January 2008, 7:17 PM
Simpsons hands down.

I agree completely.

Ridley-X4
20th January 2008, 8:18 PM
Well, you know what Homer would always say: "Doh!"

And FG would have their 9001st flashback and be so offensive.

LOL IT IS TEH FUNNEH BECAUSE IT'S EDGY, AMIRITE?

Chris
20th January 2008, 8:39 PM
The "edgey comedy" of Family Guy lost all meaning when they were given permission to get away with it on a consistant basis. Now it's just plain boring and expected.

S.Suikun
20th January 2008, 8:42 PM
Not defending FG in any way here, but saying that the Simpsons is better merely because it came first is fairly flawed logic. Using that same logic, the Flinstones is better than the Simpsons simply because it's an older animated sitcom.

The Simpsons was better, but after season 10, it started to go downhill, so Old Simpsons > Family Guy > New Simpsons.
After 10? Season 10 was pretty dang crappy. Season 9 was lukewarm at best, which was where the signs of decline first became apparent.

Canerib
21st January 2008, 2:39 AM
I both love them so much, but I'd have to go with the simpsons.

Ugobama
21st January 2008, 3:01 AM
Family Guy.

XxSaintx
21st January 2008, 8:12 AM
Buneary dude here! So yeah, the title of the thread pretty much says it. Which do you like better? The Simpsons or Family Guy? I've done this thread before, but somehow it got deleted. So say which you like better out of The Simpsons or Family Guy. And please no saying Futurama, South Park, or possibly American Dad beats them both. Now say.Simpsons ftw!! family guy copied off the simpsons a ton of clips from family guy look exactly the same some one made like 3 videos on youtube about the similaritys ill get the links really quick EDIT: never mind video taken down for copy right infrigment

Dark-Angel
21st January 2008, 9:07 AM
Ofcourse simpson...this has a sensible comedy & watching this shows reliefs a person's stress and anxiety!

electivire165
21st January 2008, 9:09 AM
simpsons hands down

Razmath
21st January 2008, 11:38 AM
The Simpsons still manages to make me laugh sometimes so I'm going to have to go with that, I've never liked really Family Guy despite trying to get into it.

Angelic Pika
21st January 2008, 12:25 PM
Simpsons = funnier. D'oh..!

Slick
21st January 2008, 12:51 PM
South Park and Futurama beats them both. :3

Anywho, both of them have gone down him dramatically and only The Simpsons has history. The Simpsons.

Pachirisu dude
26th January 2008, 7:04 PM
The Simpsons. More humor and not ten flash backs in each episode like in Family Guy. Besides: People who are saying The Simpsons is for children. It is rated TV PG(occasionly TV 14). Do you see The Simpsons being on Nickeldoen or Cartoon Network? I don't. It's on Fox.

Lostprophets
28th January 2008, 9:15 AM
Simpsons, I grew up watching them, and that cartoon always manages to make me laugh. :)

honey_clover112
28th January 2008, 1:03 PM
Teh Simpsons rocks.

So basically, Simpsons > Family Guy.

Though I like South Park more. :/

;006;

Arceus Master
1st February 2008, 1:10 AM
The Simpsons. It's an original and wasn't cancelled for 2.5 years like Family Guy.

Santa Claus 11
1st February 2008, 1:16 AM
The Simpsons easily. Family Guy is funny but i love the Simpsons. It's my favourite show and is funnier then Family Guy. The characters have more depth and there are also more regular characters. For all those reasons i think Simpsons is much better then Family Guy (but both are really funny and great shows)

Of these four main shows my favourites go like this:

1. The Simpsons (of course, far better then the others)
2. Futurama (Matt Groening did a great job with this too)
3. Family Guy (Very funny shows, but Simpsons/Futurama funnier)
4. American Dad (I've never really liked it. Has its funny moments, but overall not that great)

Same on my list. Except Futurama is 1st and Simpsons is 2nd. Well I picked Simpsons cause Family Guy is going overboard with the dumb random jokes. The old episodes were better.

noobers
1st February 2008, 1:27 AM
My vote goes for The Simpsons, although they're both barely watchable anymore.

Santa Claus 11
1st February 2008, 1:33 AM
My vote goes for The Simpsons, although they're both barely watchable anymore.

Yeah thats true. American Dad will go to be like this soon.

chamo-chan
1st February 2008, 2:12 AM
The Simpsons.

Funnier than Family Guy.

Surreal
1st February 2008, 4:26 AM

It already is.

buneary dude
3rd February 2008, 8:20 AM
^ Yeah. It's been like that from the beggining.

TotodileCharizard
3rd February 2008, 6:16 PM
Family Guy, hands down.

I find it much much much more funnier than The Simpsons, but that's just me.

Carlisle
3rd February 2008, 7:54 PM

American Dad was always a pathetic excuse for a show, just like Pokemon.

Divine_Light
3rd February 2008, 10:15 PM
Family Guy owns, Better storylines, more random :P

Surreal
3rd February 2008, 11:00 PM
Family Guy owns, Better storylines, more random :P

Is random funny these days?

Ridley-X4
3rd February 2008, 11:36 PM
Is random funny these days?

If you're a middle school spaz who can't sit still, then yes.

EDIT: 161 GETTO DAZE~!

Affirmative
3rd February 2008, 11:38 PM
Simpsons. After all, Family Guy steals from the Simpsons.

Kikas123
3rd February 2008, 11:48 PM
The Simpsons have more character detial and often include multiple interlocking stories, whilst Family Guy is just two random stories that have nothing to do with each other (Stewie beating Brian+ Peter on the New England Patriots, WTF?) which is why I prefer the Simpsons, and The Simpsons movie was way better than Stewie Griffin the Untold Story.

BoozeyBoy
4th February 2008, 10:48 AM
Family guy.
more retardedness = epiness :o

Steffrox
4th February 2008, 2:11 PM
i like both, i think if the simpsons didn't exist then family guy never would have happened. saying that the simpsons were at there best in the 90's and they have lost it a bit now, the movie was also disapointing

Chris
4th February 2008, 2:28 PM
Family guy.
more retardedness = epiness :o
I'm sorry but no. Family Guy isn't epic by any standards. When you EXPECT half of the **** they do now for the sake of trying to be shock comedy, that pretty much says it's not even trying anymore.

pokefan
4th February 2008, 10:05 PM
and The Simpsons movie was way better than Stewie Griffin the Untold Story.

the untold story sucked . it was just three episodes connected together(one of the characters even says that in an episode of fg). according to wikipedia, there's plans to make a series of fg movies (which should be actual movies released in theaters ), after they're done with the show

The Doctor
5th February 2008, 11:07 AM
the untold story sucked . it was just three episodes connected together(one of the characters even says that in an episode of fg). according to wikipedia, there's plans to make a series of fg movies (which should be actual movies released in theaters ), after they're done with the show

Wikipedia =/= fact

Eh, I'd vote Futurama, but since I can't, The Simpsons. I grew up watching it and even if it has decline in quality, it still easily trumps Family Guy.

CharizardMaster
5th February 2008, 9:24 PM
Though Simpsons has been around longer, I like Family Guy more.

.t.[a].n.
7th February 2008, 12:29 PM
Simpsons forever.. along with pokemon

Rave
7th February 2008, 2:40 PM
.n.;7522722']Simpsons forever.. along with pokemon

... Simply no.

Sunkern
7th February 2008, 3:16 PM
Simpsons by a royal mile. I'd do Marge over Lois anyday =p

gtab x3
9th February 2008, 9:15 PM
i say simpsons because family guy is has really mean jokes and simpsons talk about other things that are alright that has same funny moments

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster
10th February 2008, 8:47 AM
.n.;7522722']Simpsons forever.. along with pokemon

http://www.uncov.com/assets/2007/9/16/picard-facepalm.jpeg

seriously.

Shadowfaith
11th February 2008, 11:16 AM
I'm cool with them both. If Futurama had been there, that would have pwned them both in my oppinion, but meh.

Chibbichan
11th February 2008, 4:34 PM
Family Guy is more funnier thanThe Simpsons. It is a tough decision though, but i have to go with family guy.

Metal Bird
12th February 2008, 3:54 AM
I don't like The Simpsons like I used to. So im going with Family Guy cause it still keeps me laughing.

The Simpsons Movie, however, very funny stuff.

-The Skarm
Yeah, you da bird Sk@rmory288!

Speaking of which, why does everyone keep saying that The Simpsons is better than Family Guy? Lately, The Simpsons isn't even that funny anymore. It's been going downhill since the early 2000s. The last time I ever watched that show was back in 2006.

But I did find this one recent Simpsons joke to be so funny (even though I think it aired around the same time when I last watched it). Anyways, it goes:

Lisa: "Mom, Bart's drinking coffee!"
Bart: "It's not coffee, its hot Pepsi!"

Lastly, I would have to say: Family Guy forever!

Josiah
12th February 2008, 4:31 AM
Family Guy, probably because I haven't watched much Simpsons. But IMO Futurama is better than both.

The Doctor
12th February 2008, 1:39 PM
Speaking of which, why does everyone keep saying that The Simpsons is better than Family Guy?

Because The Simpsons started before Family Guy. Family Guy wouldn't even exist otherwise.

Lately, The Simpsons isn't even that funny anymore. It's been going downhill since the early 2000s. The last time I ever watched that show was back in 2006.

Please stop saying downhill already. Family Guy just relies on cheap, immature, infantile humour and a helluva lot more innuendo than The Simpsons. Granted, The Simpsons isn't as funny as before, but it still owns Family Guy hands down.

Dol Finn
13th February 2008, 4:09 PM
personally i prefer the simpsons

Archimedes
13th February 2008, 7:48 PM
Please stop saying downhill already.

This is Metalbird you're talking to. Everything is going downhill in his eyes.

Rave
13th February 2008, 7:59 PM
This is Metalbird you're talking to. Everything is going downhill in his eyes.

Especially his brain.

Metal Bird
14th February 2008, 12:35 AM
Because The Simpsons started before Family Guy. Family Guy wouldn't even exist otherwise.
True, but The Simpsons sucks these days. (Inpesonating Nelson laugh) Ha, haa!

Please stop saying downhill already. Family Guy just relies on cheap, immature, infantile humour and a helluva lot more innuendo than The Simpsons. Granted, The Simpsons isn't as funny as before, but it still owns Family Guy hands down.
No it doesn't. At least in Family Guy, they painted the right skin colors for all of the white people. Plus, Cartoon Network hasn't even picked up the show to rerun it in sydication on Adult Swim.

Lastly, I don't use the word "downhill" that much. I'm just saying, they ran out of good ideas!

BattleFranky~40
14th February 2008, 12:38 AM
At least in Family Guy, they painted the right skin colors for all of the white people.

Excellent work, young padawon.

Rave
14th February 2008, 12:41 AM
No it doesn't. At least in Family Guy, they painted the right skin colors for all of the white people.

What, you racist to the yellow people?

Lastly, I don't use the word "downhill" that much. I'm just saying, they ran out of good ideas!

There's a dictionary, use it and extend your vocabulary.

.TraX.
14th February 2008, 12:08 PM
Family Guy because it's not got to the point of HOLY **** THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE HOMER LIKES DONUTS WE ****ING GET IT yet.

Rave
14th February 2008, 3:09 PM
Family Guy because it's not got to the point of HOLY **** THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE HOMER LIKES DONUTS WE ****ING GET IT yet.

You are a couple years late.

bobjr
14th February 2008, 5:07 PM

And skipping to random scenes every 30 seconds is funnier?

phantom1113
14th February 2008, 5:12 PM
family guy is funny in doses
u cant watch to many in a row
witch I can with the simpsons so i choose that

Archimedes
14th February 2008, 7:19 PM

Actually, Family Guy does that too.

Ridley-X4
15th February 2008, 12:34 AM
Simpsons because it's not got to the point of HOLY **** THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE PETER IS RETARDED/STEWIE WANTS TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD WE ****ING GET IT yet.

Fixed for accuracy.

BattleFranky~40
15th February 2008, 12:37 AM
Stewie just talking about killing Louis and taking over the world would actually be a welcome change. Somewhere along the line they turned him into a complete douche of a character, and he was actually better when he was a repetitive ****.

bobjr
15th February 2008, 12:43 AM
Stewie just talking about killing Louis and taking over the world would actually be a welcome change. Somewhere along the line they turned him into a complete douche of a character, and he was actually better when he was a repetitive ****.

In the episode "15 Seconds of Shame" is where he makes that change, and starts to turn into the character he is now. Shame really.

Rave
15th February 2008, 12:45 AM
In the episode "15 Seconds of Shame" is where he makes that change, and starts to turn into the character he is now. Shame really.

A homosexual baby is rather stupid.

bobjr
15th February 2008, 12:48 AM
A homosexual baby is rather stupid.

So is a man fighting a human sized chicken for 10 minutes during 3 different episodes.

Rave
15th February 2008, 12:49 AM
So is a man fighting a human sized chicken for 10 minutes during 3 different episodes.

Thats all people wait for these days.

Fried Chicken vs Fried Fat

.TraX.
15th February 2008, 1:16 AM
Actually, Family Guy does that too.

Yes, but family guy has significantly fewer seasons.

Rave
15th February 2008, 1:58 AM

Too bad I don't see it being canceled again anytime soon.

Archimedes
15th February 2008, 3:01 AM
But they certainly do it often enough to make up for that fact.

bobjr
15th February 2008, 3:58 AM
Too bad I don't see it being canceled again anytime soon.

It's ratings went up 20% this season. It's not going anywhere.

Paddster56
19th February 2008, 8:24 PM
Family Guy is much more funnier than the simpsons

nacirema
19th February 2008, 9:41 PM
Family Guy at this current time is far more hilarious.

However if we talk about overall the Simpsons OWN. Their original episodes make people cry tears of laughter and pain...

jolteonjak
20th February 2008, 4:09 AM
Family Guy at this current time is far more hilarious.

However if we talk about overall the Simpsons OWN. Their original episodes make people cry tears of laughter and pain...

I think this pretty much sums it up for me. Nothing (animated) can touch the success The Simpsons has had over its time on TV.

I just think Family Guy is funnier. Maybe it's because I was born in RI and lived there for 10 years...dunno.

Sir Devious
20th February 2008, 4:30 AM
The Simpson's is okay, but I rarely watch it.
Family Guy is simply hilarious, i've seen every episode a million times and it never gets old. Family guy, ftw.

Sprock
20th February 2008, 5:56 AM
I'll laugh more at the worst episode of family guy than I will at the best episode of the simpsons. the simpsons was funny for people who grew up in the 90's, but the show doesn't know how to keep up with pop culture like family guy does. hence why family guy is funnier in this day and age.

bobjr
20th February 2008, 6:02 AM
I'll laugh more at the worst episode of family guy than I will at the best episode of the simpsons. the simpsons was funny for people who grew up in the 90's, but the show doesn't know how to keep up with pop culture like family guy does. hence why family guy is funnier in this day and age.

Which is why half of Family Guy's jokes reference something from the 1950's-1980's?

Rave
20th February 2008, 6:38 AM
Which is why half of Family Guy's jokes reference something from the 1950's-1980's?

And lets not forget the infamous constant references to Star Wars.

ronniesafc
20th February 2008, 3:20 PM
Family guy all the way. I love the really random and pointless humor. The Simpsons stopped being funny about 4 seasons ago.

Jetx
20th February 2008, 11:43 PM
Family Guy achieves at being funny but I just don't find it as enjoyable.

Profesco
28th February 2008, 6:50 PM
Family Guy has surpassed the Simpsons. The Simpsons is the old guy at the 4:30 dinner special, and Family Guy is getting all the chicks.

Oh, and Stewie. There need be no further discussion once that name is mentioned.

Kabuto
29th February 2008, 1:44 AM
Hahahaa Gravy, your sig made my day.

Seriously, Simpsons is way better, the classics of course. Now it is a slow dying animal, but in its prime, the Simpsons never failed to deliver.

Super-Staff
29th February 2008, 5:40 PM
Here's the thing.

I used to be a huge fan of The Simpsons, but around the seventh or eighth season (I think), I started to notice a bit of a change in tone. Like...that random events in the episodes lead to other random events and then to some political/pop commentary and...yeah. It just became some kind of podium to spoof whatever current event was going on. Bah, I don't know if that's changed recently since I haven't seen an episode for years now.

I picked Family Guy 'cause I like the sitcom-esque style of it and the random, pointless humor. I can understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, though.

But...I'd rather watch that or even South Park now than The Simpsons.

Mamoswine Power
29th February 2008, 5:59 PM
I still prefer the simpsons but isn't as funny as it used to be

Clockworkz
29th February 2008, 6:05 PM
This is what Family Guy seems to me.
"Holy crap, Brian! Did you see that toilet explode!? I haven't been that freaked out since I saw Robocop 4!" *insert random, irrelevant 10 second filler here* "Well, Peter, you're an idiot, you know that? I mean, that was dumber than an episode of 'That 80s Show'." *insert more pointless filler here*

This is what Simpsons did for me: "D'oh! D'oh! D'oh!" "Smithers! I'm feeling giddy with power! Eeeeeexcelent." "Eat my shorts!"

Both are only mildly funny, and both seem to rely on cheap jokes to get a chuckle or two out of you.

GentleArtillery
29th February 2008, 6:10 PM
Hm. A very tough question.

Simpsons have some hilarious jokes, but in general, they have grown too boring for me -maybe because I've seen most episodes around 4-10 times. The movie was outstanding, though. But The Simpsons simply... are too, eh, timid? They don't appeal to me that much any more.

Family Guy is good because of the humour - but then, we have Peter Griffin and Chris Griffin. Horrible. They are among the worst things I've ever seen, the humour concerning them are usually simply annoying and not funny. Of course, they still pull off some good jokes too.

But in general, we have Stewie, Brian, Lois, Meg, Quagmire, Joe, Adam West, and general spontaneous celebrities that get killed/ridiculed. That contributes to Family Guy's superiority.

Unless the episode is really vulgar or if the humour concerns flatulence.

Of course, we have another great show... "American Dad!" This show and Family Guy are created by the same person, and they are both very, very good.

(s.i.e)
1st March 2008, 6:24 PM
the simpsoms would be my choice.

#Gecko#
1st March 2008, 6:34 PM
Of course, we have another great show... "American Dad!" This show and Family Guy are created by the same person, and they are both very, very good.
No wonder the chin of Quaqmire looks familliar to the American guy one.

Anyway I used to love The Simpsons until I got into Family Guy. Its funnier with its nonsense, flashbacks, and chicken fights. I see it everyday on Adult Swim (not mondays). I'm a big fan of both, though.

XSilverStarboyX
1st March 2008, 7:11 PM
I like them both equally. Thats like comparing Sonic and Mario to me, I love both but they each have thier pros and cons. I love how the Simpsons has some very original humor. Yet, I love how family guys butchers up certain pop culture icons;152;

Pikachu & Bonsly master
1st March 2008, 7:14 PM
Simpsons. It's a classic. Watched scince I was a kid.

Mr. Mudkip
2nd March 2008, 6:06 AM
simpsons is classic.
Family guy is just gross.

Bryl
2nd March 2008, 8:18 AM
Family Guy is disgraceful...How'd that sh!t make it to air? I could write better stuff than that, and I'm sure the rest of you gimps could as well.

Evil_Lathander
2nd March 2008, 8:28 PM
Family Guy

Simpsons is kinda childish if you ask me

noobers
2nd March 2008, 11:18 PM
How is Family Guy not childish?

Suica
3rd March 2008, 3:09 AM
Family Guy was great the first couple of seasons but then they ran out of material. Now they just drag stuff on and make Carlos Mencia jokes (which were stolen to begin with).

Shard 567
3rd March 2008, 5:56 AM
I'll have to go with simpsons. Even though I don't find it as funny as I used to.

Senbonzakura
3rd March 2008, 6:10 AM
its hard for me to say but im getting into family guy recently and simpsons is an old favourite but its quite even...

The_Mighty_Medicham
5th March 2008, 1:38 AM
The Simpsons. I've always loved The Simpsons, but I also liked Family Guy. Key word there is "liked". The old episodes are great, I love them. However, with the new episodes, it just seems like they're trying too hard to be funny. Instead of making a joke, they go to a clip. Half of them aren't funny at all.

RedJirachi
16th March 2008, 11:57 PM
The Simpsons are way better

Poliwag2
17th March 2008, 2:28 AM
Old skool Simpsons is timeless, but the programme has been lame since season 9. Family Guy wins on recent form.

MunchlaxMan66
26th March 2008, 4:46 PM
I like The Simpsons better. It's been around forever.

Horoika1
27th March 2008, 6:33 PM
To me, Family Guy is a step up from The Simpsons. More mature humor, while The Simpsons have to aim at a more younger audience.

Since, I'm in the "old" section, Family Guy wins.

PS: Futurama wins everything though.

Cavan_II
28th March 2008, 6:52 AM
Erm... I dunno. I guess I'll have to stack up their aspects.

Family Guy uses more "blatant" humor (such as having famous people with exaggerated proportions and such) while The Simpsons likes to slip in things that are less obvious, but funny if noticed (like in that episode where Homer pours Trix down a hole, one of the rabbits that appears is Bongo from Life in Hell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_in_Hell).)

Whichever one I like more depends on how I'm feeling.

Mansanas.
28th March 2008, 11:30 AM
I prefer the Simpsons now, I used to like Family guy better but then the Simpsons Movie came out then I got back into them...

noobers
28th March 2008, 6:59 PM
PS: Just because it has a higher television content rating, it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't childish.

akillakai
30th March 2008, 6:48 AM
The Simpsons.

WishIhadaManafi5
2nd April 2008, 4:17 PM
The Simpsons, even though the writing isn't quite as good as it used to be. Never really watched Family Guy.

Poison13
4th April 2008, 11:32 PM
The Simpsons since it's a classic.
However to be fair my list goes
1. South Park
2. Futurama
3. Simpsons
4. Family Guy

Krake
5th April 2008, 8:09 PM
I like both, but Family Guy is a bit funnier. My mom doesn't like it though.

Cain
5th April 2008, 8:10 PM
Both are hilarious, but I like Family Guy better. Simpsons is more stupid-funny. Family Guy's jokes make you think. And then laugh harder when you realize what there going on about.

Archimedes
5th April 2008, 8:21 PM
How is Family Guy not childish?

Hey man, Family Guy makes obscure pop culture references and gay jokes! THAT'S AS FAR FROM CHILDISH AS YOU CAN GET.

Jimbobson
5th April 2008, 8:23 PM
The Simpsons 100%!
Ive never actually seen Family Guy, but nothing can beat Simpsons!

4 8 15 16 23 42
5th April 2008, 8:25 PM
Family Guy because the new episodes of The Simpsons are getting really really bad. They've gone on a decade too long, they should quit while they're ahead.

Archimedes
5th April 2008, 8:26 PM
The Simpsons 100%!
Ive never actually seen Family Guy, but nothing can beat Simpsons!

Then your vote doesn't matter.

ThePerson
5th April 2008, 8:31 PM
They're both funny, but I have to go with Family Guy.
It's WAY better than the simpsons, and it makes me laugh more.

Charizard Champion#06
6th April 2008, 2:36 AM
Simpsons.
One of the greatest television shows ever, right up there with Seinfeld. It has given us so many awesome quotes it's unbelievable.
Family Guy is funnier sometimes but if you cut the random junk you've got a 7 minute show. Sometimes the random clips can be gold but if I hear "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty" I'm going to go nuts.

PurpleMew
6th April 2008, 1:56 PM
They are both funny but the simpsons for me pushes the mark

Jerre
6th April 2008, 6:55 PM
I like Family Guy and the Simpons. But i go more for the Simpsons. More popular than Family guy.

torchic_lover
6th April 2008, 6:57 PM
i just love family guy

eevee10
6th April 2008, 6:58 PM
the simpsons

Rave
6th April 2008, 7:07 PM
but if I hear "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty" I'm going to go nuts.

Then by all means, go nuts. No one's stopping you.