PDA

View Full Version : Debate Challenge

Ethan
6th January 2008, 3:09 AM
This thread has been approved by Eszett and co.

Alright folks after working out some quirks we can finally get the one-on-one debate challenge thread back up. I am very fond of one-on-ones so I am happy to have this back up. However there is a catch. Were are going to things a little differently this time. We are not having a post count +1 thread all over agian. The last thread was removed for good reason, so pay attention. Failure to comply may result in eternal damnation.

This thread will be managed by myself and debate forum moderators.

1-on-1 Debate Challenge Thread format

You will post ONCE and ONLY ONCE and you will do it in the following format.

Example

Username:
Topic:
Brief summary of your stance(at least two or three sentences.)

So

Babylon
Same sex marriage
I do not support a homosexual lyfestyle but I do not believe the law can restrict marriage from gay couples

Once you post THATS IT and your name and your stance will be added to the front page.

Note: The only time you will be able to post more then once in this thread is if you have already finished your previous debate and your thread went past the front page and you think you are ready for another go, but you will have to wait because there are other people. We are not going to have 5 one-on-ones on the same page.

When your name is added to the list it will look like this:

Babylon-Same sex marriage-For

DO NOT work out your arrangments in this thread!

Please use the PM function for that or if your still having trouble you can PM me or one of the moderators and we will pair you with someone on the list.

Keep in mind that the people on the list are the people ready to debate, don't PM a user without checking first! If they aren't on the list they have already had their debate, or informed me that they are inactive.

When your topic is approved and you have worked out the details with your opponent a moderator will create a thread soley for you and your opponent to debate in. DO NOT make the thread yourself. Period.

No covert operations. This is the debate forum, not the CIA. Stray away from leaking info to the person you support. 1-on-1 debates means exactly that. 1-on-1. Secondly I'm sure whichever debaters in question can do without your assistance.

(Keep in mind that I will only summarize your stance. I will not work it out to the finest detail.)

ATTENTION: In a recent discussion with PsiUmbreon we've decided on trying to make this a little less toothless. I see a trend in 1-on-1 debates. There's no verdict. The topic lasts until one opponents simply leaves the thread. This is not okay, and can be considered poor debating courtesy. We couldn't work out a judging system so we are introducing deadlines. If you have not continued your debate for exactly 2 weeks it's an automatic concession and the victory goes to your opponent. I understand that circumstances arise where you can be too busy to post. It's happened. However you should work out your schedule before you make a commitment to a 1-on-1 debate. You can also give your opponent the courtesy of letting them know your busy and formally concede from the debate. For example if I have a 1-on-1 with The_Panda and it ends on his post, I have two weeks to respond. So I'll state it again. From now on, if you are engaged in a 1-on-1 debate and you have not posted for two weeks you will automatically concede. 2 weeks is pretty generous and plenty of time.

And to make things oh so clear....

Post once and only once!

Violaters will be automaticly stripped naked , boxed up, and shipped to Siberia.

The List
FullMetalAlchemist - Evolution - For
Grounder - The exclusion of Genesis from science - For
Tempus Fugit - Gay marriage - For
Darato - Gay marriage - For
CosmosSage - Evolution - For
Sunkern - Existence of the Loch Ness monster - Against
qwerqwer - Euthanasia - For
theEND - Increased military action in Darfur - For
PokemonHero -College sports over professional sports - For
Manaphyman - Gun control - For
JammyU - Evolution - For
arcanine lover - Evolution - For
Brumhra - Gun control - against
Mini Minun - Ethics of cloning - For
Stockholm - Death penalty - against

Asaspades
23rd January 2008, 2:03 AM
well noones said anything here, so i guess ill be the one to start it,

Asaspades
08 Democratic Presidential Candidates
I support Barack Obama, but would support John Edwards if he a chance in hell of winning

Carlisle
23rd January 2008, 1:56 PM
Carlisle
Gay Marriage
I completely support it and believe it's a violation of human freedoms to not allow someone to do something completely private.

MistyLover
23rd January 2008, 4:47 PM
MistyLover
Creation - Not Evolution
I believe in Creation and that we weren't apes, and we have never been evolving.

Ethan
23rd January 2008, 6:16 PM
You've all been added. MistyLover I ask that you elaborate more on your summary.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
25th January 2008, 3:27 AM
FullMetalAlchemist
Evolution
I believe evolution is essential to both our knowledge and how our species developed. If children don't get taught about evolution, how will we explain how the human race came to be?

Eszett
25th January 2008, 6:05 AM
You've been added.

Seth_X_of_Fortree
25th January 2008, 6:09 AM
Seth_X_of_Fortree
Iraq War
I believe it is necessary, as there is no trade control over there, which can result in a nuke switching hands a la Call of Duty 4, and is doing more good than bad for the non-insurgents in Iraq.

Cerulean21
29th January 2008, 5:08 PM
Cerulean21
Europe vs USA - A debate about morals, politics and capital punishment

In my opinion, Europe has may advanced and in some ways more develped morals over the US, starting with capital punishment and ending with the invasion of certain countries for dubious reasons

BigLutz
29th January 2008, 5:35 PM
As I have already discussed with Cerulean21, I will debate him with that, although since we have done pages and pages on Capital Punishment, I would suggest we stay away from that and keep it on other subjects.

Ethan
29th January 2008, 6:00 PM
BigLutz, I'll go ahead and remove Cerulean21 from the list then. Contact Eszett when MistyLover & Carlisle are finished. If no verdict is reached within a few days as MistyLover shows no signs of replying then go ahead and give Eszett a ring.

Carlisle
29th January 2008, 7:49 PM
He told me he is collecting large amounts of evidence to oppose me.

Ah-huh.

MistyLover
29th January 2008, 8:49 PM
And I have, Clarisle. I'm going to go to my grandmothers house now, and her friend is there, she'll probably tell me more stuff...

Ethan
30th January 2008, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Babylon
Post once and only once!

My apologies, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Reported.

grounder
22nd February 2008, 6:22 AM
Grounder
Carbon Dating/Evolution
I am in support of evolution and carbon dating but do not believe that it contradicts with the Old Testament in any meaningful way, shape, or form.

EDIT: I don't exactly like the title you put up for me. You put up Theistic Evolution.

However, I intended it to be completely different from the intent of those two words, which I believe is akin to Evolutionism and Scientology. If you need a better description of my view on carbon dating and evolution, why not put [Genesis exclusivity from Science - For] instead?

Mini Minun
2nd March 2008, 2:57 AM
Username:Mini Minun
Topic:Jesus and God's Morality
Brief summary of your stance(at least two or three sentences.): While Jesus and God are depicted by the Bible to be benevolent, I question the morality of Jesus and God as depicted in the Bible.

The Admiral
13th March 2008, 6:35 PM
Username: Tempus Fugit
Topic: Gay Marriage
Brief summary of your stance(at least two or three sentences.): I'm not specifically in favor of or against the lifestyle, but I'm against illegalizing gay marriage. It is not the Government's right to restrict our personal lives.

The_Panda
26th March 2008, 8:23 AM
well noones said anything here, so i guess ill be the one to start it,

Asaspades
08 Democratic Presidential Candidates
I support Barack Obama, but would support John Edwards if he a chance in hell of winning

I'll take you up on this.

The_Panda
Barack Obama - Against
While I like visionaries, Obama seemingly lacks substance, hiding behind a veneer of slogans, and at the same time what substance is in his policies I find would be destructive. To add to this, he has a clear lack of experience.

Ethan
28th March 2008, 5:41 AM
Eszett has been contacted. Off the list you go! :]

Oh, Cerulean21 and BigLutz, your debate will be closed soon. Eszett will give his verdict on who won as judge. He's just a bit busy right now.

Darato
28th March 2008, 5:50 AM
Username: Darato
Topic: Same Sex Marriage
Brief summary of your stance(at least two or three sentences.)
Iíve in staring favor of allowing them to be married. The Government has no right to put a ban on it. Just because itís against your religion doesnít mean it ageist someone elseís.

L.F.D.

InfernapeIZCool
7th April 2008, 9:56 PM
Seth_X_of_Fortree
Iraq War
I believe it is necessary, as there is no trade control over there, which can result in a nuke switching hands a la Call of Duty 4, and is doing more good than bad for the non-insurgents in Iraq.
And I'll take you up on that one.
Name: InfernapeIZCool
Topic: Iraq War
Stance: A war based on lies that hide its true purpose. Useless and expensive. Doesn't even act like it's serving its supposed purpose. Obviously against.

kochoupink
19th April 2008, 4:38 PM
Username: kochoupink
Topic: The seriousness of climate change
Stance: Real data (and no, not just Al Gore) show that anthropogenic climate change is real and that we should be concerned about it. I would love to take on anyone who "doesn't believe."

aquajet16
21st April 2008, 4:44 AM
Username: aquajet16
Topic: Does God exist?
Brief Summary of your stance: I truly believe that God exists. I am a devout Christian and I love God. I would be happy to take on an Atheist out there ^^.

Strants
22nd April 2008, 3:05 AM
Username:Strants
Topic: Does god exist?
Brief Summary of your stance: As a fairly devoid atheist, I do not believe God exists. It just can't be explained. I'd be happy to debate with aquajet16!

Ethan
4th May 2008, 4:20 AM
aqaujet & Strants. Your debate will eventually be made. I just need to poke and prod Eszett until he makes it.

*Looks for broomstick*

EifiBurakki
4th May 2008, 9:47 PM
Username: EifiBurakki
Topic: Abortion
Brief summary of your stance: I beleive there is nothing wrong with abortion. It should be legalized everywhere. It's not always the woman's fault for getting pregnant.

Brettt
4th May 2008, 11:48 PM
Brettt
Gay adoption
I fully support gay marriage, but am againt gay couples having children, whether it be through adoption, artificial insemination. In the case of a couple getting divorced after having a kid, and then the woman or man becomes a homosexual, the heterosexual parent should continue raising the child, and only allow visists to the homosexual parent, not to be raised by them.

CosmosSage
7th May 2008, 12:21 AM
CosmosSage
Evolution
I think that evolution/natural selection is the best theory proposed so far as to how humanity came to be. I'm open to other theories, but I think evolution without any sort of guiding by a conscious force seems most likely.

Sunkern
19th May 2008, 2:40 PM
Username: Sunkern
Topic: The Loch Ness Monster
Brief summary of your stance(at least two or three sentences.): I do not believe it exists, or has existed, and is merely the product of misidentification, fakes, frauds and hearsay.

Ethan
19th May 2008, 3:48 PM
List updated.

JakeSteel
19th May 2008, 10:29 PM
Username: JakeSteel
Topic: Climate Change (Against)
Breif Summary of Stance: I believe that the Earth has had fluxuated its weather over the course of the time it existed. I think that the "Global Warming" will pass in time.

ursaloom
25th May 2008, 7:35 AM
ursaloom
topic: u.s occupation of iraq.
i am against it. i would like the next president to retreat the soldiers. i mean, the war is just made up by bush so he can attack something. and many soldiers have died.

Ethan
2nd June 2008, 2:21 AM
Username: Babylon

Topic: Are civil unions discriminatory?

Summary: I believe that the exclusion of marriage from gay couples is merely a matter of semantics, acting like it's discriminatory is childish and only a way to bring attention to your "cause."

qwerqwer
9th June 2008, 10:56 PM
Username: qwerqwer

topic: euthanization, right-to-live/die

stand: for. it is used extensively on animals and it should be much different for humans who are in pain and would like to have a choice in their death. however, i would also support it for those who are severely mentally insane, cannot be cured, and pose a danger to society. kevorkian FTW!

babylon, also a question, for the 1 on 1, can you do it once in your lifetime, or can you do it again after you have debated your issue?

Ethan
10th June 2008, 10:03 AM
babylon, also a question, for the 1 on 1, can you do it once in your lifetime, or can you do it again after you have debated your issue?

You can have as many as you want. Don't over do it though.

Gianni
11th June 2008, 2:33 AM
username: Gianni

topic: gun control/ 2nd amendment

summary: The idea that we should pass more legislation to control guns is absurd, as these laws directly violate the 2nd amendment. Laws only work on law-abiding citizens, the people we pass this legislation for, criminals, already disobey laws . Passing gun-control laws only disarms citizens who have done nothing wrong.

theEND
16th June 2008, 8:08 PM
username: theEND
topic: Sending in Canadian/American troops to help end the Genocide in Darfur
summery: The genocide in Darfur is becoming more and more of an issue. Yet we still fail to send in troops. Why?

PokemonHero
16th June 2008, 10:01 PM
Don't know how many people would want to debate on this topic, but...

username: PokemonHero
topic: What is better: college or professional sports?
summary: I say that college sports are the better of the two because of the fact that most of the athletes that compete will never become professionals. They are playing for the pure love of the game, rather than for the big payday that professional athletes play for nowadays.

Like I said, don't know if anyone wants to debate this topic, but just something different besides the usual debate topics.

Ethan
16th June 2008, 11:27 PM
Just as a notice to future posters, I'm on vacation right now, so I might be a little slower with everything.

Vacation is over now. Be sure to check the sticky again, it's been updated.

Manaphyman
18th July 2008, 5:20 PM
username: Gianni

topic: gun control/ 2nd amendment

summary: The idea that we should pass more legislation to control guns is absurd, as these laws directly violate the 2nd amendment. Laws only work on law-abiding citizens, the people we pass this legislation for, criminals, already disobey laws . Passing gun-control laws only disarms citizens who have done nothing wrong.

Beginning by stunning return to the debate forum, I'll take you up on that. I am passionate on this issue.

Username: Manaphyman
Topic: Gun Control/Second Amendment
Brief Summary: The 2nd Amendment pretains to militia and the right to own a gun to form one, and for hunting as well. Since miltia have been rendered obsolete, the only way an American should own a gun is if it is for hunting, and properly licensed. If we interpret this law the way my opponent has said we should, then I myself have the right to bear arms, any arms. A nuclear weapon could qualify as arms, so legally, I can own one. The 2nd Amendment needs to be clarified.

Ethan
18th July 2008, 9:56 PM
Gianni has already finished his debate, I'll add you to the list though.

Strants
26th July 2008, 4:13 AM
Well, just this morning I was thinking "Gee, wouldn't it be great to have a debate with someone like Babylon about homosexuality?" To my utmost surprise:

Username: Babylon

Summary: I believe that the exclusion of marriage from gay couples is merely a matter of semantics, acting like it's discriminatory is childish and only a way to bring attention to your "cause."
Anyways. . .
Username: Strants

Summary: I believe that disallowing gays the right of marriage is wrong, plain and simple. It benefits no-one, and denies another group of rights.

kcander
22nd August 2008, 5:38 AM
KC

evolution- against

I believe that there are numerous holes in the evolution theory. I also believe that the earth was created.

poke poke
27th August 2008, 1:48 PM
Meh... why not.

KC

evolution- against

I believe that there are numerous holes in the evolution theory. I also believe that the earth was created.

poke poke

Evolution: For

I believe that there is enough sufficient proof that justifies the evolution theory.

Ethan
27th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Your debate has been made.

However, in the first post I told you to not work it out in this thread. If you accept, please PM the user.

Teenage Angst
31st August 2008, 5:10 PM
Babylon, I'm calling you out!

Username: Teenage Angst
Topic: Patronizing parents. Against.
Brief summary of your stance Goddamit, children are more intelligent than most adults think and they can debate with/outsmart people older than them. I have the feeling that Babylon treats fourteen year olds like five year olds so I'm gonna take you on.

And if I can, I'll take on EifiBurakki, who supports abortion.

Ethan
31st August 2008, 11:45 PM
Babylon, I'm calling you out!

Username: Teenage Angst
Topic: Patronizing parents. Against.
Brief summary of your stance Goddamit, children are more intelligent than most adults think and they can debate with/outsmart people older than them. I have the feeling that Babylon treats fourteen year olds like five year olds so I'm gonna take you on.

And if I can, I'll take on EifiBurakki, who supports abortion.

Uh, if you have mod issues, you are to take that up with me in PM. Posting stuff like this here gets you an infraction.

Tim the turtle
1st September 2008, 1:09 AM
Uh, if you have mod issues, you are to take that up with me in PM. Posting stuff like this here gets you an infraction. To be fair, you do like to challenge people to 1-on-1s in most debates ;)

And if I can, I'll take on EifiBurakki, who supports abortion. If you want an abortion debate I'll give you one.

Tim the Turtle
Abortion
I believe that abortion is a perfectly acceptable course of action in many unfortunate circumstances, although this of course should not be taken to mean that I am particularly fond of abortion, I do think it should be tolerated.

Ethan
1st September 2008, 4:17 AM
To be fair, you do like to challenge people to 1-on-1s in most debates ;)

If you want an abortion debate I'll give you one.

Tim the Turtle
Abortion
I believe that abortion is a perfectly acceptable course of action in many unfortunate circumstances, although this of course should not be taken to mean that I am particularly fond of abortion, I do think it should be tolerated.

However, in the first post I told you to not work it out in this thread. If you accept, please PM the user.

Come on guys. ;_;

Tim the turtle
1st September 2008, 6:16 PM
Come on guys. ;_; What? I'm just putting myself out there for anyone, I'm not particularly interested in debating with Teenage Angst specifically, I'll take anyone who responds to my proposal, hence why I put it in this thread, you know, like I'm supposed to :/

Ethan
1st September 2008, 10:36 PM
Oh, I though you were making an acceptance post. :p

But yeah, I'll start your debate. ^^

JammyU
4th September 2008, 9:28 PM
Name: JammyU
Topic: Evolution.
Stance: I believe that evolution exisits and is the only reasonable explanation for life as we know it. I'm just starting out in the debate forum and I'd like to make my first debate the topic which I feel most strongly about. I welcome anyone to challenge me :).

arcanine lover
5th September 2008, 7:28 PM
Username: arcanine lover
Topic: Evolution
Stance: I believe strongly that Evolution is the only possible way we came to be, other than saying "Goddidit". The evidence is almost overwhelming. I don't believe the Earth was Created.

sockyskarmie
13th September 2008, 2:59 AM
Username: EifiBurakki
Brief summary of your stance: I beleive there is nothing wrong with abortion. It should be legalized everywhere. It's not always the woman's fault for getting pregnant.

I don't know if he's still there, cuz that post is a bit old. anyways...

username: sockyskarmie
topic: abortion
brief summary of stance: I strongly believe that abortion is cruel, and everyone has the right to life. The chance of rape causing a woman to become pregnant is about 4%. Therefore, I think people should live up to the consequences.

The_Panda
13th September 2008, 5:10 AM
Username: The_Panda
Stance: As someone who has assisted in performing an abortion, I am strongly pro-choice. I believe that a woman has the right to her own body and that life is not something that starts at conception; I would be happy to debate anyone with a conflicting viewpoint.

ChronaMew
13th September 2008, 4:56 PM
Username: ChronaMew
Stance: Strongly pro-choice, I believe that the woman has more of a right to her body than an unborn fetus.

I sorta turned the last abortion debate into a one-on-one and got it closed, so I might as well start a proper one-on-one if anyone's interested =)

Brumrha
19th September 2008, 2:22 PM
Eh, I'm getting bored to death so I might as well join up.

Name: Brumrha
Topic: Gun control - against
Summary: The only thing that gun control laws will do is prevent law-abiding citizens the right to bear arms; criminals are already against the law, they'll get their hands on guns one way or another.

Ethan
19th September 2008, 3:26 PM
Okay, all people that needed to be added have now been added.

kcander will be paired with arcanine lover on their debate of evolution. Since poke poke didn't post within the two week period kcander won the debate by default.

Mini Minun
3rd October 2008, 7:46 AM
Name: Mini Minun
Topic: Morality derived from the Bible-against
Summary of stance: I do not think that the Bible is the only source of our morality.

The Edge
26th October 2008, 3:38 AM
Username: The Edge
Stance: Against. I understand the primary arguments of abortion's proponents, namely women's rights, but I firmly believe that the right to life is much more important and that feti (fetuses?) at any stage of development are in fact alive.

Ethan
9th November 2008, 7:17 AM
I'm so sorry for not adding you edge! I sorta forgot about this thing for awhile. *edits*

I'm gonna see if I can't pair you with ChronaMew

Moogles
18th November 2008, 3:03 AM
Username: Moogles4ever
Topic: Creationism

Some people might call it unfortunate but I strongly believe in the creationism theory created by the christians. Quite frankly the whole Big Bang theory doesn't make sense to me and leaves some holes.

Manamanah
21st November 2008, 4:11 AM
I'll take your debate Moogles4ever

Username:Manamanah
Topic: Creationism -against
The Big Bang theory does make sense to me, and I can't think of any holes that it leaves.

KBM117
22nd November 2008, 5:06 AM
KBM117
Old World Creationism-For
Summary: This idea makes Genesis make a lot more sense. Genesis says that the world and universe was created in 7 days. However, no ones knows how long a day is to God.

Mini Minun
23rd November 2008, 3:37 PM
I don't really like the title you put up for me, Babylon. I'm arguing against the position that morality was derived entirely from The Christian God in the Bible.

Or:

You can erase that stand, and post this one:

Mini Minun
Ethical Rightness of Human Cloning (provided with certain Technological Advances) - For
Summary: I believe that there is nothing ethically wrong against human cloning, provided there are certain Technological Advances - for example, the cloned human is perfectly normal in every way (that is, currently, clones tend to live for a shorter time than normal people. Case in point: Dolly.).

Ethan
23rd November 2008, 6:49 PM
Sorry Mini Minun. x_x; I'll go ahead and edit that.

GhostAnime and KBM17 your debate will be started when Moogles4ever and manamanah finish theirs.

Strants
30th November 2008, 7:16 PM
Meh, I can't ever seem to find anyone who I disagree with to have a debate with, so I'll play devil's advocate against Mini Minum.

Strants
Ethical Rightness of Human cloning - Against
Summary: Human cloning devalues unique genetic skills and human life, for what is the point of worrying too much about one individual if you can make one just like them? Also, cloning requires egg donation, which may have negative effects on the donor. Finally, there just don't seem to be a real point in human cloning, especially with so many children wasting their lives in orphanages.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
14th December 2008, 3:29 AM
Name: Celebitrainer
Topic: Gay Marriage-for
I hate how many people whine about the idea of gay marriage. It doesn't hurt anybody and makes the omes who get married verry happy. Why don't people like it?

*Edit: I'm sorry for not posting any followups to this, but my computer is a piece of garbage and at this point I am afraid to even try doing anything other than giving my two cents worth in one or two smaller threads every now and again. I can't do any debates for quite some time, so you should probably consider this a surrender by default, xXPorygonXx. Congratulations for winning without even needing to give an arguement;).

Ethan
14th December 2008, 3:50 AM
Everyone that needed to be added has been added. GA your debate with KBM, is that something you still wanna do?

GhostAnime
14th December 2008, 4:33 AM
i cant do it now.

Kyogre35
14th December 2008, 3:20 PM
Name: Kyogre35
Gun Control - Against
Summary: I mean really, in states that have Gun control laws the crime rate has gone up. It doesn't restrict criminals from getting guns, it just restrict's law abiding citizens.

─AdvancedK9─
20th December 2008, 6:05 AM
Username: ─AdvancedK9─

Topic: Against Same Sex Marriage in Christianity/Catholicism

I, firstly, believe that Same Sex Marriage is wrong. SSM is not only a violation of the Bible if you are Christan/Catholic, but it is also a very violation of nature's natural flow of life. Homosexuality is a choice. If you are Christian, only YOU decide you orientation. There is arguement that your orientation is not decidable by yourself but how you became, because why the hell would anyone be part of a group that is considered low? Because of increasing support of it. You decide to follow that support, thus, your orientation.

If you are out of Christianity/Catholicism, whatever. Have it your way. I don't know your religion so do whatever the heck you want with it. Nothing against that.

xXPorygonXx
3rd January 2009, 7:29 AM
Username:xXPorygonXx
Topic:Gay marriage
Stance:Against. While I have no problems with homosexuals or homosexual relationships, by legal definition they cannot get married. To legalize gay marriage is to ignore the definition that has been set. If we no longer use the definition, what will define marriage?

dragon-dark-master
30th January 2009, 10:13 AM
USERNAME: dragon-dark-master
TOPIC: Gay Marriage
STANCE: Against, I jave nothing against Homesexuals, but in the bible and in legal terms, marriage is between a man and a womenm i do believe that Gays should be together if they want, they can call it a 'union' a 'partnership' but marriage should be between a man and a women...

GhostAnime
30th January 2009, 2:46 PM
all right

USERNAME- GhostAnime
TOPIC- Game Marriage
STANCE: for. religious people need to stop butting in as usual.

ChronaMew
30th January 2009, 6:09 PM
Since my debate finished, might as well sign up for the same purpose

Pro gay marriage, religion doesn't own the word

Ethan
30th January 2009, 8:15 PM
Celebitrainer will be paired with xporygonx,

Debate will be started eventually.

Quincy92
22nd February 2009, 9:45 PM
Username: Quincy92
Topic: Existence of god
Stance: against. I fing it amazing that anyone would be irrational enough to think that there is a god.

Ethan
27th February 2009, 2:30 PM
Next debate is between dragon dark master and GhostAnime. Debate will be started shortly pending on whether the former is still active.

Edit: Actually I'm sorry, that's not true. Strants and Mini minun are next. My apologies.

While I'm here, I think I'll sign up.

Babylon
Death penalty
I believe the death penalty is sound punishment for murderers and there is no moral grounds for which it should be abolished.

PokeJustice
28th February 2009, 1:29 AM
Alright, I'll give 'er a go...

Username: PokeJustice
Topic: Existence of God
Stance: Belief. I believe that the universe, the Big Bang theory, and the physical and natural laws of the earth show the handiwork of the Creator.

Stockholm
11th March 2009, 10:55 PM
Babylon
Death penalty
I believe the death penalty is sound punishment for murderers and there is no moral grounds for which it should be abolished.

Stockholm
Death Penalty
I Know that Capital Punishment is immoral on multiple levels, and thus should be abolished...

Ethan
12th March 2009, 3:30 AM
I've already got a debate scheduled stockholm, with randomspot. Please check the list on the first page in the future.

EDIT: Things here will be delayed for awhile. I'm busy.

EDIT: Nvm. Randomspot canceled. Stockholm, your up.

EDIT: Nvm. Already debated the hell out of the death penalty...

Tokin
30th March 2009, 3:08 PM
Might as well give this a try^^;

Name:Tokin
Topic:Abortion
Stance:Against-a Fetus might depend entirely upon the mother's resources inside the womb, but it is a separate being, and should be regarded as such, that is, have human rights.

Jazzy
31st March 2009, 6:00 AM
Heh, I'll take you up on that. I don't have strong ties to either side, but it might be interesting.

Username: Jazzy

Topic: Abortion, for

I believe that a baby still in the womb is not yet a proper creature. It has not experienced sadness or joy, and is thus as of yet, a creature which cannot comprehend life.

Ethan
1st April 2009, 7:28 PM
Debate will be started soon.

PokemonHero
5th April 2009, 12:22 AM
Well, since I know that the other topic I would debate will not get any takers. I might as well take on a new challenge. Recently, I read that some states were considering a new bill that would require those applying for aid to take a drug test.

Username: PokemonHero
Topic: Drug testing to receive aid
Stance: For. Those people who abuse drugs have wasted money on satisfying their addiction which they should've used for taking care of themselves and/or their families. Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for bills that a drug abuser could amass due to their addiction.

foxyman1167
16th April 2009, 3:40 AM
username: foxyman1167
topic: war in iraq
Stance: Against. The US started a war on the basis of WMDs, which was a lie from day 1.

Ethan
16th April 2009, 4:02 AM
I'm not really active anymore, but I'll start one last debate. In the mean time I don't know the fate of this thread, maybe you could harrass Profesco to manage it. xD

Until someone else comes in and takes charge and I don't recommend posting. Haha.

Last challenge is between foxyman and BigLutz.

Ultimate Trainer
12th May 2009, 4:26 PM
Username: Ultimate Trainer
Summary: Against

Challenging me to a debate means that you honor my only request:

This debate will be centered around the question: "What is the unborn?"

- Ultimate Trainer

Raichu_is_awesome
15th June 2009, 4:03 AM
Username: Raichu_is_awesome
Topic: Evolution & Same Sex Marrige (Sorry couldn't decide between the two)
There is so much evidence for evolution I am surprised that it isn't more widely accepted.
If two people are in love they should be allowed to marry, I mean it doesn't affect me in any way.

iCharmarc
21st June 2009, 1:43 AM
Username:iCharmarc
Topic:Same sex marriage.
i say do what you gotta do. let them have there way. why would we wanna prevent something to happen. its not gonna hurt anyone. we are all humans and we ahve our own rights. it doenst matter because its not you its them. why would we wanna prevent them? its a freedom. its in the constitution freedom from fear, speech, want. do what you wanna do. live your life.

-PEACE.

Ethan
27th June 2009, 1:00 AM
Interesting how people still posted after I said this wasn't being managed anymore...

I'm going to have this closed, and perhaps in the future create a better organized one. When I can be bothered to do so ofcourse.