PDA

View Full Version : The soccer club

Pages : [1] 2

Mephisto
6th January 2008, 3:38 PM
Hey! This club is, as the title says, about soccer! You can discuss anything from players to teams just follow these rules:

don't use foul language!
don't offend to other members.
always follow the forum's rules.

I will need 2 co-owners when I'm not in this club so the first 2 who will post they will be!

Have fun!

Co-owners:
Acdude
Celbii
Weakling

Co-Admin: Dark Arceus Beware of the Leeds fan!

Club Members:
Dark Arceus(co-admin)
~-Overheat-~(club guardian)
Acdude(co-owner)
celbii(co-owner)
Weakling(co-owner)
blueUmbreon
yhyiannis
Marco 8243
bobandbill
Aggron 217
the_master_trainer
Tyranitar trainer
Dragon Dude
Cutty Flam
OJG
King of Steel
NES
Taylor Ray
??????
Paddster56
mimefan
Dark Dragonite
MetaMence 72

blueUmbreon
6th January 2008, 5:31 PM
Can I join? My favorite team is Arsenal but I can't go to Emirates...

Mephisto
6th January 2008, 5:32 PM
Yes you can!! Do you want to be a co-owner?

blueUmbreon
6th January 2008, 5:34 PM
uh, maybe not. I don't spend so much time in the computer...

Mephisto
6th January 2008, 6:14 PM
Well, if you don't want to...

acdude
7th January 2008, 11:30 AM
Can I join zigzagoon breeder?
My favorite team is Manchester unt. and my favorite player is Wayne Rooney!!!
And can I be a Co-owner???

Baam
7th January 2008, 2:08 PM
can i join my favorite team is Liverpool and my fav player is steven gerrard

yhyiannis
9th January 2008, 1:33 PM
Hi kan i join please? My fave team is Arsenal and fave players are Fabregas and Henry (he ditched us for Barcelona:( )

Marco8243
9th January 2008, 11:20 PM
Can I join please? My favourite team is Juventus and my favourite player is Alessabdro Del Piero. Can I be Co-Owner?

Dark Arceus
10th January 2008, 9:04 AM
Hey!

Can I join too? My favourite team is Leeds United (cough.) and my favourite player is Michael Owen.

bobandbill
10th January 2008, 11:24 AM
I'd like to join.

I am also an Arsenal fan - go the Gunners! Also support Celtic, but my main team is the Mighty Central Coast Mariners!

...what, never heard of them?
Don't blame you - they are a new-ish football (or soccer) team of Australia, in the newly formed 'A-league', which is now in its third season. Hopefully they can secure the minor premiership...

Marco8243
10th January 2008, 10:21 PM
Is Queensland Roar still beating them, I haven't checked the ladder yet. By the way Roar is my favourite Australian Team.

bobandbill
11th January 2008, 12:09 AM
No, the first four on the table are:
Mariners: 31 points
Qld Roar: 30 points
Sydney : 30 points
Newcastle: 28 points

Each have two games left.

Aggron217
11th January 2008, 12:26 AM
can i join? My favorite team is River Plate (argentinean soccer club). All you Arsenal fans probably have no idea who they are but thats my favorite team :)

bobandbill
11th January 2008, 2:55 AM
Not know River Plate? It's a bit hard not to IMO, considering that the rivalary between you and Boca is pretty big. And they are a prety big club too...

Marco8243
11th January 2008, 10:37 AM
No, the first four on the table are:
Mariners: 31 points
Qld Roar: 30 points
Sydney : 30 points
Newcastle: 28 points

Each have two games left.

Damn the thing is tommorrow Roar and Sydney play off, that's going to be a good game, and I am going up to Brisbane to watch it. After sydney I believe Roar play Adelaide, if they do I think they have a big chance of winning.

Mephisto
11th January 2008, 2:11 PM
Ok people!
acdude=co-ownwer
celbii=co-owner
yhyiannis=member
Marco8423=member
Dark Arceus=member
bobandbill=member
Aggron217=member

ENJOY!

EDIT: If celbii doesn't want to be a co-owner then Marco8423 will be

Baam
11th January 2008, 4:39 PM
i'll be a co-owner

The_master_trainer
11th January 2008, 7:56 PM
Can i join please my favorite team is Swansea City then Liverpool Fc and my Favorite player is Fernando Torres

Mephisto
14th January 2008, 3:00 PM
ok The_master_trainer you can join!
Well, since no one makes a topic then I'll start:

Do you think that Chelsea is hopeless without Mourinho?

yhyiannis
14th January 2008, 3:46 PM

They've always been hopeless. (i hate Chelsea :P)

Mephisto
14th January 2008, 3:51 PM

Even though Chelsea is Olympiakos's next opponent I would say that there are still some players playing very well. All I can do is hope that we 'll beat her. I don't see her chasing the title...

Dark Arceus
14th January 2008, 8:19 PM
The fact that Chelsea hadn't won the league in 50 years before Mouriniho tells you something. They'll better than they were before Mourinho but not as good as when he was there.

OFF TOPIC: Everyone cheer Leeds on against Crewe tonight! For everyone in the UK, it's on Sky Sports!

Baam
14th January 2008, 8:23 PM
well they are falling behind but i wouldn't say hopeless(yet)

Tyranitar trainer
14th January 2008, 9:48 PM
Can I join?
I am a big Coventry City Fan
And my favourite player is Micheal Mifsud

bobandbill
14th January 2008, 11:33 PM

Worse off - yes, but hopeless? No. They're still at the top end of the table, and still have the players that can play beautiful football. However when Mourinho was around, all Chelsea did was buy a whole new squad or two, hence why they got more results.

Ever since Mourinho left however, some of by sanity has returned - the guys moans too much and blames a draw on the smallest things.

~-Overheat-~
15th January 2008, 7:40 AM
Can I join? My fav. team is Manchester United.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=279226

^^The SPP Football thread, must play the game! I can be a good co-owner if i know what to do^_^;

Not at all. Avram Grant is doing well.

Baam
15th January 2008, 4:39 PM
Well i havn't seen you for ages Chariking

Dark Arceus
15th January 2008, 5:48 PM
Well i havn't seen you for ages Chariking

Same here. I used to see you all the time in Genral Pokemon Discussion.

Zigzagoon Breeder, are members allowed to make topics?

Mephisto
15th January 2008, 8:20 PM
Same here. I used to see you all the time in Genral Pokemon Discussion.

Zigzagoon Breeder, are members allowed to make topics?

Everyone is allowed to make a topic!

Ok, Tyranitar trainer and Chariking, you both may join!

Tyranitar trainer
15th January 2008, 9:34 PM
Ty

Plz May I make a new topic to go along with the old topic

Who is the best player in th championship

Mephisto
16th January 2008, 11:16 AM

I'd have to say Fabregas...

Dark Arceus
16th January 2008, 8:15 PM
He's in the Premiership!!! The Championship is the next league down ( a sort of division 2)

I say Kevin Phillips at West Brom.

Dragon Dude
17th January 2008, 6:39 PM
i want to join i support man united and my national team is ireland and my fav player is Cristiano Ronaldoand imo he's is the best player in the world at the moment

Mephisto
17th January 2008, 8:18 PM
He's in the Premiership!!! The Championship is the next league down ( a sort of division 2)

I say Kevin Davies at West Brom.

oops... sorry!

Dragon Dude you surely can join!

Tyranitar trainer
18th January 2008, 6:27 PM
I think the best is Micheal mifsud

Dragon Dude
18th January 2008, 9:08 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo he's the best player in the world IMO

Dark Arceus
19th January 2008, 8:51 AM
^For the last time, this is the championship, NOT THE PREMIERSHIP ;(!!!^

I made a slight mistake in my post. It's Kevin Phillips, not Kevin Davies.

Mephisto
19th January 2008, 10:26 AM
Ok, new topic to discuss with the old one!

Which team do you think will win the Premiership?

Arsenal!

Dark Arceus
19th January 2008, 10:32 AM
Ok, new topic to discuss with the old one!

Which team do you think will win the Premiership?

Arsenal!

I disagree. Although Arsenal have the upper hand at the moment, I reckon Manchester United will keep hold of the title.

blueUmbreon
19th January 2008, 10:38 AM

I'd have to say Fabregas...

i disagree with you fabregas is not the best player in championship,the best of all and my fav player is kolo toure the best defender of all ages. KOLO TOYRE RULES!!!!!!!!!

Dark Arceus
19th January 2008, 10:41 AM
^For the last time, this is the championship, NOT THE PREMIERSHIP!

You're still talking about the premiership. For the 3rd time, it's the Championship we're talking about!

blueUmbreon
19th January 2008, 10:43 AM
You're still talking about the premiership. For the 3rd time, it's the Championship we're talking about!

i am sorry

Mephisto
19th January 2008, 10:44 AM

Very confusing topic!

Dark Arceus
19th January 2008, 10:49 AM
Yeah...It's probably a bit too hard for anyone out of the UK...It used to be the old division 2, then division 1 when the premiership came in 1992, and then the Championship from 2004, the year Leeds United went down from the Premiership (sob...)

Mephisto
19th January 2008, 10:55 AM
^Irrelevant but can you advertise the club?

Dark Arceus
19th January 2008, 11:04 AM
^Irrelevant but can you advertise the club?

Sure! I'll try my best!

Dragon Dude
19th January 2008, 11:17 AM
^For the last time, this is the championship, NOT THE PREMIERSHIP ;(!!!^

I made a slight mistake in my post. It's Kevin Phillips, not Kevin Davies.

oh in that case i would say Marlon King he was good enough last season

Cutty
19th January 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi, howdy?

So by posting here means I officially join the club. I will try to post every now and then.
My position here is attacking midfielder, why dont you guys start posting the usernames of the club's members and what positions they want in the beginning of the thread (just 4 fun). Try make this thread more intersting.

Why midfielder? Because my fave player here is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite.
Do you guys even know him by his real name? Haha.

I have many fave clubs, but I hate Arsenal for now.

Hey, why dont you guys join this thread too:
The SPPF Football Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=279226)

Just for fun predicting and all.^^

~-Overheat-~
19th January 2008, 2:01 PM
I dint get you Zigzagoon Breeder ^_^;

OJG
19th January 2008, 2:12 PM
Can I join?

My favourite team is West Ham United, and my favourite players are Wayne Rooney, Dean Ashton and Bobby Moore (well, he doesn't play and is dead, but he's still my favourite player ever).

Mephisto
19th January 2008, 2:30 PM
Well, Cutty Flam you may join! Also, very good idea about the positions! I am central-defender cause I like to prevent other teams from scoring!

OJG, you may join too!

EDIT: Chariking neither did I! Seriously I didn't post that...

~-Overheat-~
19th January 2008, 2:55 PM
I wanted to be a central midfielder but im best at defending. So now, i'm just a defender and the 4th best in the class!

Dragon Dude
19th January 2008, 2:58 PM
imma striker and i like to score goals

Mephisto
19th January 2008, 10:57 PM
Ok guys, new topic

Which team is capable of winning the Champions league?

King Of Steel
20th January 2008, 10:14 AM
May I join? I play almost anywhere on the field, except for goalkeeper. I am not a very good centre-back because of my lack of size, but my prowess in one-on-ones and finishing means I am best at striker. I play winger at times as well. I can also use either foot as effectively, whether to dribble, pass or shoot.

And since my class is a small one (only 24 people FTW), I actually stick to being a midfielder, but I'm the best finisher in my class. I hate it when I am forced to play the left because no one can use their left foot effectively. >_>

Also, I love playing striker because my favourite player is Thierry Henry. Thierry was a legend for us and he will always be. If there's anything I do that's similar to his style of play, it's to pull wide, then cut in to have a strike.

Realistically, I'd say Inter Milan. However, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United all have a good chance too.

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 10:18 AM
^ok King of steel, you can join! Welcome to the soccer club! Actually small sized people have an advantage in soccer because their fast and you can't catch them! Does the same happen to you??

blueUmbreon
20th January 2008, 11:05 AM
^ok King of steel, you can join! Welcome to the soccer club! Actually small sized people have an advantage in soccer because their fast and you can't catch them! Does the same happen to you??

well i don't think so.it depends on how much they love football and if they are well trained.

bobandbill
20th January 2008, 11:19 AM
People, let me tell you a story.
Last round of the Australian A-league - 4 teams on 31 points.

Queensland goal diff of +6, Sydney +5, and Central Coast Mariners (my team) and Newcastle +3, although Mariners having higher ranking after this.
Matches badly scheduled - not on the same day or time (stupid I know...) - Newcastle played first, Central Coast second, then Sydney and then Qld.
Newcastle - won 2:1
Mariners - won 2:0 - on top, needed two results to go our way.

Sydney - drew 2:2

And Queensland...
LOST 2:0

So my team has just won the Premiership!!! And the winner goes into the Asian Champions league! Great day for the club, and for me too!

:) :) :)

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 11:23 AM
Well, congratulations! Kinda thrilling situation...!

OJG
20th January 2008, 11:52 AM
I play central defence for my club but as a supporting striker for my school. I have a pretty awesome passing range (pin-point passs from 40-50 yards), and i'm a good leader (i'm the captain of my club side). When I was ten, I played for the West Ham United youth side, but left as I wasn't enjoying it enough, and I knew noone there.

Real Madrid will win the Champions League, btw.

I have a topic;
Have you met any professional footballers, and if you have who?

I've met quite a few;
Ronaldo (the Brazilian)
Zinedine Zidane
David Beckham
Roberto Carlos
Raul
Sergio Ramos
Iker Casillas
Julio Baptista
Robinho
Thomas Graveson
Ian Wright
David Seaman
David James
Joe Cole
Fredi Kanoute
Frank Lampard
Michael Carrick
Rio Ferdinand
Mark Lawrenson
Geoff Hurst

Big list! I met the whole Real Madrid squad a couple years back, I flew over to Spain to see them vs. Real Mallorca away, and me and my dad stayed in the same hotel as the players. We went down and met them all, got my Real Madrid shirt signed. I also got privelages when I was at West Ham so I met a few West Ham players too (all of who I have met except Lawrenson and Seaman have played for either West Ham or Real Madrid.)

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 11:54 AM
^Holy **** all of them? And personally?

My list is this:

Lomana Trezor Lualua
Ronaldinho
Robinho

Only them...

bobandbill
20th January 2008, 12:00 PM
Well, I've met most of the players from the Central Coast Mariners... they won their premiership, so I'd say their just as good as that list ;)
Just joking - who are you by the way OJG - interesting history - quite the modest fellow aren't you ;)
Seaman - wow, he was one of my favourites (was goalkeeper for England and Arsenal).

Thanks Zigzagoon Breeder - it was certainly an interesting situation, and our team had be leading for most of the season tooo - thank goodness everyone else choked :) Another good thing is that our new star player - John Aloisi (heard of him? Australian international, scored in the World Cup) - is much more likely to stay with out club now, permitting European teams don't offer him a lot to go back...

Now, if Arsenal won the English Premier league...

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 1:10 PM
I think I heard about John Aloisi when Australia played with Greece. Well, you definetely don't know any greek team....

Dragon Dude
20th January 2008, 1:18 PM

i have met john o'shea and rio ferdiniand i think there's more but i can't remember

Dark Arceus
20th January 2008, 1:38 PM
Hi everyone!

I play left back, since i'm left footed.

ON TOPIC: I met the whole of the Charlton Athletic team a few years back, but that's not as exiting as real Madrid.

Anyone remember David Batty? He missed the penalty when England went out of the 1998 world cup against Argentina? Well, my dad played on the same Youth Team as him!

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 1:40 PM
^ Really? You must be proud...

Dark Arceus
20th January 2008, 1:43 PM
Yeah... It was a long time ago though... in the 80s...
He also won the Old Division 1 with Leeds, the year before it became the Premiership. (1991/92 season)

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 1:44 PM
Were you born?

Dark Arceus
20th January 2008, 1:46 PM
Were you born?

No. I'm 13 this year, so I was born in 1995. At the moment i'm only 12.

Just so you're not mistaken, my dad didn't win the Old Division 1, it was David Batty!

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 1:49 PM
^ Thank you for saying that cause I was just about to praise your father!!!

XD

yhyiannis
20th January 2008, 2:10 PM

Arsenal for sure.

Dragon Dude
20th January 2008, 2:22 PM

Man United for sure.

King Of Steel
20th January 2008, 2:32 PM
I seriously think Inter > All the English teams now, even though I support Arsenal.

I dunno if I should be considered small, but... I'm about 165 cm tall and 52 kg. And yes, I am quite the menace because of my pace and acceleration (my short bursts are hard to deal with). I also have a very quick speed even with the ball. And I can launch inswingers from corners because I can use either foot to take it.

Mephisto
20th January 2008, 2:48 PM
Hey guys! Since you are almost all here I would like to announce something! I'm closing the club!.............kidding...! So, I need some new members to take some posts (except co-owners) Ok, first of all, I need a guard so he can keep an eye to members who do not obey the rules. If the guard finds someone he reports him to me (I hope we won't have these kind of incidents... Secondly, I need a special co-owner whose job is when I am gone he will take complete control of the club and do everything he thinks necessary. He will be chosen between both co-owners and members as I want somebody who I can trust. Also, I need some advertisers (2 or more...) to adverise the club. And last but not least, I want somebody experienced to make or request a banner for soccer(PM me if sb can do that). I will announce my decisions in 3 days. Please don't ask me to be a guard or a co-owner, I will decide who will become what and you can either accept it or not! Thank you!

~-Overheat-~
20th January 2008, 2:52 PM

Hoping ManU/Chelsea but i have to agree with K-O-S that Inter Milan are really good and may just win it...but who knows? Milan won last year but they were poor in the league.....

It was a heartbreaking moment when both Chelsea and Manchester United were knocked outta the semifinals *sobs*

Dragon Dude
20th January 2008, 4:19 PM

Hoping ManU/Chelsea but i have to agree with K-O-S that Inter Milan are really good and may just win it...but who knows? Milan won last year but they were poor in the league.....

It was a heartbreaking moment when both Chelsea and Manchester United were knocked outta the semifinals *sobs*

Utd and chelsea were the worse teams on the day and didn't deserve to win but i think utd can do it this year

NES
21st January 2008, 8:08 AM
What players i had meet?.
Actual players outside my local league i haven't, but when Maradona and Pele came (different times) i got their autographs!.

About the other subject, who wins champions league?;i don't know, i want Inter to get it this time, they have a solid team and a good roster.

Dark Arceus
21st January 2008, 8:42 AM
Actual players outside my local league i haven't, but when Maradona and Pele came (different times) i got their autographs!.

About the other subject, who wins champions league?;i don't know, i want Inter to get it this time, they have a solid team and a good roster.

You are officialy the luckiest person in the world. You had the best 2 players the world has ever seen come to where you live. I would sell my house to meet Pele (if I owned the house, and not my parents)

~-Overheat-~
21st January 2008, 1:33 PM

You met Maradona and Pele!

Taylor Ray
21st January 2008, 5:46 PM
may i join?
of course I like Arsenal, but my fanship weakened when Henry left.
I am also an AC Milan fan.

OJG
21st January 2008, 8:24 PM
^Holy **** all of them? And personally?

Yeah, from various stuff. All face to face. I have all their autographs. I also have two signed West Ham footballs and a signed West Ham shirt.

Oh, and I also forgot to add Shaun and Bradley Wright-Phillips, as they were with Ian Wright one of the two times i've met him (both on holiday in Portugal, one was in a resturant with his boys who weren't famous at the time, and the other at a golf driving range).

And i've probably forgotten a whole load of West Ham players as i've met loads from being at West Ham.

Well, I've met most of the players from the Central Coast Mariners... they won their premiership, so I'd say their just as good as that list ;)
Just joking - who are you by the way OJG - interesting history - quite the modest fellow aren't you ;)
Seaman - wow, he was one of my favourites (was goalkeeper for England and Arsenal).

Haha, i'm noone that special, when I was a kid I was considered quite a player by the scouts at West Ham. I lost it a bit, because my confidence dropped after not doing well for West Ham (I didn't know any of the kids there, so it was quite hard for me to play well). And therefore, I left. My dad didn't want me too, but I thought at the time that it was best. I have slowly got better and better, and now i'm easily the best player on my team (not saying much though :/). I had Crystal Palace and Ipswich sniffing around me a while ago but they decided not to follow it up as i'm a bit outside their catchment.

And btw, please don't think i'm over confident or cocky, that is honestly my life and i'm only speaking the truth :)

bobandbill
21st January 2008, 10:55 PM
Haha, i'm noone that special, when I was a kid I was considered quite a player by the scouts at West Ham. I lost it a bit, because my confidence dropped after not doing well for West Ham (I didn't know any of the kids there, so it was quite hard for me to play well). And therefore, I left. My dad didn't want me too, but I thought at the time that it was best. I have slowly got better and better, and now i'm easily the best player on my team (not saying much though :/). I had Crystal Palace and Ipswich sniffing around me a while ago but they decided not to follow it up as i'm a bit outside their catchment.

And btw, please don't think i'm over confident or cocky, that is honestly my life and i'm only speaking the truth

Nice!
Wasn't thinking you cocky - after all, it's hard to have that sort of footballing background and put yourself down at the same time... and you have to be good to get noticed by those clubs.

Maradona AND Pele? Now that's lucky! Maybe we can turn that into a topic?
Who in your opinion is better - Maradona or Pele?
IMO Pele :) Although they were different players...

OJG
21st January 2008, 11:05 PM
Maradona, Pele was a great goalscorer but for pure genius and skill, Diego pips it for me.

Johan Cruyff is still the best ever though ;)

??????
22nd January 2008, 3:00 AM
Ah, the Soccer Club, something both wise and Sport oriented. I would like to join. I am a Football fan, but more importantantly, a person who dislikes American Football.

Dark Arceus
22nd January 2008, 8:47 AM
I am a Football fan, but more importantantly, a person who dislikes American Football.

Lol. That's funny.

ON TOPIC: Pele all the way! Although Maradona ruined his career taking drugs and getting fat, Pele has always been the all around good guy, modest, helpful etc.

Cutty
22nd January 2008, 11:47 AM
Ah, Great to see this thread runs so lively. Ouch, I missed some topics. I didnt know some of you really played soccer at school, esp Chariking and King of Steel (well, not really surprising since we're all soccer fans here). Thats so kool. I, myself, ironically good at playing basketball, im short too anyway (like most of all asians).

Chelsea wins champions this year is like waiting Tangela to swarm. AC Milan of course! Havent you guys met their new striker, young, fresh, fast and deadly (not to mention curly): 18 years old Alexandre Pato from Brazil. He's the newest weapon in Milan's team and proven deadly. He scored one goal in his first debut when Milan crashed Napoli 5-2. The sport media praised him like whatever. With him, Ronaldo and Kaka, everything seems so predictable. But then again this is just a game, every chance still can happen.

I actually met Sebastian Kehl (Borrusia Dortmunt Midfielder) at the airport last dec holiday, but was too scared to hi. Its not my nature to greet strangers even to ppl I know well. If I could mean eyes him I would have prevented him from escaping.

@OJG, WoW. I wish I lived in England. Can you post one pic, please? Im really curious to see it. Or any of you here? C'mon, it would be great to see something kool. So this thread/club will be more fun to read/see.^^ Post pics of your meeting with professional footballers, peeps!

Maradona or Pele?
Pele, no doubt. Im kinda sick w/ Maradona. But then again famous players usually have sucked attitude. But not really. Kaka has good personality in and outside field. Thats why hes the best. Actually from what I see it, Kaka, C. Ronaldo, Cesc, Messi n other current talented footballers, their skills are at the same level. However, Kaka has this 20% non-skill factor that differs him from them, that makes him superb: good mental control.^^

Next topic (more because Im curious): How often do you guys watch football game live in stadium?

Btw, welcome to the club ?????

~-Overheat-~
22nd January 2008, 12:09 PM
How often do you guys watch football game live in stadium?

I only go watch the games when it is like : The big 4

Sometimes i go watch games like ManU vs. Derby for the sake of watching goals!

OJG
22nd January 2008, 5:39 PM
@OJG, WoW. I wish I lived in England. Can you post one pic, please? Im really curious to see it. Or any of you here? C'mon, it would be great to see something kool. So this thread/club will be more fun to read/see.^^ Post pics of your meeting with professional footballers, peeps!

Well, the pictures I do have are really small, and therefore quite hard to make out. I'll post the one of me and Raul, as you can only see the back of my head (when I met them I was pretty unfit and still was pretty chubby lol, well chubby cheeks. Also I don't really want my face on the internet :)).
The only ones I posed with the player were my 3 favourite players EVER, Zidane, Beckham and Ronaldo, but you ain't seeing them ;) So embarassing!

My signed Real shirt. It says my name by the collar, David Beckham asked for it. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/RealMadridShirt.jpg)

The back of my head and Raul. Note; really small. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/Raul.jpg)

I'll try get bigger ones.

These days, I go about 10 times a season. But mainly, I go to the Big Four when they come to Upton Park.

Dark Arceus
22nd January 2008, 5:50 PM

All the time! As you may expect, tickets for Leeds games aren't the most expensive in the world, and I only live 1/4 of an hour away from the ground.

I also play football at school. In fact, at our school in the Winter, you do Hockey for 1/3 of a term, rugby for 1/3 and football for 1/3. I've got football on Thursdays, and I can't wait. It certainly brightens up a boring school week!

Mephisto
22nd January 2008, 9:15 PM
ok, Taylor Ray and ??????(?) You both can join! Also, when I am off, co-owners have the right to decide whether a user can join or not!

On topic:

I watch every match of Olympiakos and some games of champions league! So, quite often!

Paddster56
22nd January 2008, 9:26 PM
Hi Guys can i join?
Fave Team Ipswich Town
Fave Player Sylvain Legwinski

Mephisto
22nd January 2008, 9:28 PM
Yes Paddster56 you surely can join! Glad the forums have a lot of soccer fans!

Well, I'm working on how many members are in this club so I can quote them in the first post

EDIT: I want Dark Arceus to be the special co-owner and ~-Overheat-~ to be the guard... Do you agree guys?

OJG
22nd January 2008, 10:21 PM
I'll ask another question;

Do you play football for a team? What position do you play? (and feel free to post pictures of you playing, your boots or whatever) (you don't have to state who you playa for for security reasons obviously)

I do, not the best of teams, but i'm the captain and argueably the best player ;)

I have pictures of my two pairs of boots;

My Firm Ground Nike Air Tiempo Legends, with my name and number on them :) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/Legends.jpg)

My Soft Ground Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Laser's. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/Lasers.jpg)

bobandbill
23rd January 2008, 12:50 AM
GAH TOO MANY NEW TOPICS!

I think we're changing topic a tad too quickly... slow down mayhaps?

I go to more than half of my team's home games, but I can't when it's the off-season.... our league is only 21 rounds long (another annoying aspect of our league, but it may veen get extended next season).

Do you play football for a team? What position do you play? (and feel free to post pictures of you playing, your boots or whatever)
Erm... no, actually - I do karate, and unfortunately I cannot do both. However at any chance I get I play soccer at school.
As for position - well, I can play near anywhere - midfeilder or striker, and I also have gotten much better at goalkeeper as well. Probably not much of a defender however.

OJG
23rd January 2008, 1:01 AM
Fair point, sorry.

Ignore that topic XD

Dark Arceus
23rd January 2008, 8:38 AM
Yes Paddster56 you surely can join! Glad the forums have a lot of soccer fans!

Well, I'm working on how many members are in this club so I can quote them in the first post

EDIT: I want Arceus Master to be the special co-owner and Chariking to be the guard... Do you agree guys?

I didn't know Arceus Master was a member! Did you mean me?

~-Overheat-~
23rd January 2008, 10:41 AM
Tottenham 5-1 Arsenal

:):):):D:D:D:D:D

HaHa!

Wait till King of Steel and The Benmeister hear about this!

I'm PMing them!

OJG
23rd January 2008, 11:51 AM
As much as I hate Spurs, that game was awesome.

Mephisto
24th January 2008, 4:20 PM
I didn't know Arceus Master was a member! Did you mean me?

Yes I did... It is full moon and I am posting s**t...

Tottenham-Arsenal

5-1

Awesome!

yhyiannis
24th January 2008, 4:48 PM

Tottenham-Arsenal

5-1

Awesome!

that was komplete luck.

yhyiannis
24th January 2008, 4:49 PM

Tottenham-Arsenal

5-1

Awesome!

that was komplete luck.

Dark Arceus
24th January 2008, 7:16 PM

Tottenham-Arsenal

5-1

Awesome!

Thanks. I'll do my best!

Mephisto
24th January 2008, 9:02 PM
Ok, now we need to organise our topics. Please, reply to 1-2 topics at time and if you want to create your own topics refer to me, Dark Arceus, ~-Overheat-~ and the two co-owners.

Thank you!

OJG
24th January 2008, 9:10 PM
What's the topic then?

Mephisto
24th January 2008, 9:14 PM
The last 2...

Dark Arceus
25th January 2008, 8:44 AM
These 2:

Do you play football for a team? What position do you play?

I've already answered.

yhyiannis
25th January 2008, 10:04 AM

I played for my school JV (U16) team. I was midfield.

King Of Steel
25th January 2008, 8:46 PM
Do you play football for a team? What position do you play? (and feel free to post pictures of you playing, your boots or whatever)

No, I don't play for a team, unfortunately. I play anywhere except goalkeeper. I cannot be a good goalkeeper because I don't have strong fingers, but I am excellent at saving with my feet. Being two-footed and being able to dribble with either foot means I can play either wing, but I prefer to play up front, or just off the main striker. I like to pull wide as well, but my overall playing style is very weird. I track back very often, and I can be virtually anywhere even if I am playing up front, making me somewhat of a box-to-box striker of sorts.

The last time my school had an inter-house tournament, I played as a striker and a midfielder. I lacked support in the end, because no one bothered to play a decent final ball. >_>

The_master_trainer
26th January 2008, 11:23 AM

I play for Olchfa secondary school (as a sub) i'm right (sp?)-> foruwd/stiker

~-Overheat-~
26th January 2008, 11:26 AM

Not a club(duh). We dont have a 6th grade team yet, but if we had, then i would have made it. I play Left-back, centre back and right back. And as much as i want to score goals, i almost never go forward. Yesterday at my friends party, i scored one from way behind the centre line(cool goal it was, surprised the goalkeeper), and one when i actually went forward, took a pass and placed it the net. Not to mention i scored from a penalty too^_^(not a shoot-out)

I rarely score goals at school. But at parties, at least 2 or 3.

Only te important matches against the big 4. I so wish i could've watched the Spurs vs. ARSEnal match........

New topic coming soon...

Visit the SPP Football Thread at the entertainment section^_^

Cutty
26th January 2008, 12:41 PM
Well, the pictures I do have are really small, and therefore quite hard to make out. I'll post the one of me and Raul, as you can only see the back of my head (when I met them I was pretty unfit and still was pretty chubby lol, well chubby cheeks. Also I don't really want my face on the internet :)).
The only ones I posed with the player were my 3 favourite players EVER, Zidane, Beckham and Ronaldo, but you ain't seeing them ;) So embarassing!

My signed Real shirt. It says my name by the collar, David Beckham asked for it. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/RealMadridShirt.jpg)

The back of my head and Raul. Note; really small. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/Raul.jpg)

LoL, its all good. No one will laugh at you here, infact theyre extremely jealous, right guys?

Or you can PM me for the bigger pics, if you're that shy. No worries, I wont post your pics here.

Wayne Rooney won the ugliest footballer recently over Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Tevez and Crouch. And Does it make any difference? He's still great.

I'll ask another question;

Do you play football for a team? What position do you play? (and feel free to post pictures of you playing, your boots or whatever) (you don't have to state who you playa for for security reasons obviously)

I do, not the best of teams, but i'm the captain and argueably the best player ;)

I have pictures of my two pairs of boots;

My Firm Ground Nike Air Tiempo Legends, with my name and number on them :) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/Legends.jpg)

My Soft Ground Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Laser's. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/WizOfOzNike/Lasers.jpg)

LoL, whats the use of posting dirty boots. Whatever, up yours.^^

Don't even ask me about playing in a football team.

Just a lil suggestion, you guys can actually discuss anything you like as long as its about football, you dont have to create a certain question. Feel free post any intersting new football news, certain footballer's profile you think he's awesome n like to share, recent great game just happened (like Arsenal lost to Spurs 1- 5, thats something to discuss^^) or the next up-coming game. Or your own football experience. Basically anything football. Just spice up this club a bit.

Think im not the one who should be saying all that.

Mephisto
26th January 2008, 4:52 PM
Originally Posted by OJG View Post
Well, the pictures I do have are really small, and therefore quite hard to make out. I'll post the one of me and Raul, as you can only see the back of my head (when I met them I was pretty unfit and still was pretty chubby lol, well chubby cheeks. Also I don't really want my face on the internet ).
The only ones I posed with the player were my 3 favourite players EVER, Zidane, Beckham and Ronaldo, but you ain't seeing them So embarassing!

My signed Real shirt. It says my name by the collar, David Beckham asked for it.

The back of my head and Raul. Note; really small.

You are very lucky!

Did you get Robinho's autograph? (Note: Favourite player...)

OJG
26th January 2008, 5:18 PM
Yeah :)

It's the one to the left of the Siemens logo, with the smiley face ^^.

He's like my height XD

'mon Havant and Waterlooville btw.

King Of Steel
26th January 2008, 6:13 PM
Wow, cool. It's your fortune that you have met these players in person.

WE PWNT NEWB-CASTLE BTW!

Taylor Ray
26th January 2008, 7:00 PM

Yes, I play for a U14 Select Team. Strikers '94.
and I also play for my High School, Riverdale.

I used to play a lot of forward/striker for my select team, but I made a huge switch back to sweeper Center back type of position.

Me playing for a rec team. (http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01508/55/28/1508318255_m.jpg)

those boots suck, and right now I have some crappy Nike 90's (black and gold) Before my High school season starts, I'm getting some Adidas Profi Ligas (vegas gold and white) or Nike Mercurials (the bright cactus color :p)

OJG
26th January 2008, 7:51 PM
I used to play a lot of forward/striker for my select team, but I made a huge switch back to sweeper Center back type of position.

I did that too, I stil play as a supporting striker for my school (someone compared me to Berbatov if that gives you an idea) for my school though. But I usually play centre back though, i'm a centre back who likes to make runs and make long 50 yard passes :) I've got a game tomorrow actually, not sure who its against.

~-Overheat-~
27th January 2008, 4:18 PM
Topic: Who think Crystal Palace have a chance in the Premiership?

I think they can! They have been improving and improving and now they deserve to be in. They were relegated in the 2004-2005 season but now they're 4th and i hope they go through. We have a tricky game against improving Leicester whose dangerous at home but i think we'll make it:)

Dark Arceus
28th January 2008, 8:49 AM

Definately! If it wasn't for a SUPER lucky West Brom team they might still be there, as a draw would have been enough for them, but West Brom JUST won!

Cutty
29th January 2008, 11:00 AM
Yes, I play for a U14 Select Team. Strikers '94.
and I also play for my High School, Riverdale.

Me playing for a rec team. (http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01508/55/28/1508318255_m.jpg)

those boots suck, and right now I have some crappy Nike 90's (black and gold) Before my High school season starts, I'm getting some Adidas Profi Ligas (vegas gold and white) or Nike Mercurials (the bright cactus color :p)

He-he, kool pic.

I know them but I cant say I ever see them playing.

Anyway, theres a new topic coming soon from me. But I have to scan a pic first. Hope you guys will upload some pics too, at least one. Maybe tomorrow.

~-Overheat-~
29th January 2008, 12:28 PM
Crystal Palace lost to lucky Leicester. I'm just hoping Charlton and Stoke draw, a win by either could threaten Palace.

yhyiannis
29th January 2008, 2:51 PM
Who think Crystal Palace have a chance in the Premiership?

I never really see them play so i kant exactly say...

Kould i start a new topic? if i kan, then : Which football shoes do you have?

I've got the R9 Replica's Black and Gold. i'll get a pic of em up here l8er.

OJG
29th January 2008, 9:44 PM

My boot's, taken after a game. Muudy, but beautiful boots. Worth like 230 altogether too XD

Taylor Ray
30th January 2008, 12:11 AM
My boots right now are black/gold nike 90's

I'm working on getting either gold/white Profi Liga's or Bright Cactus Nike Mercurials.

King Of Steel
31st January 2008, 12:03 PM

Heck, I even think any of the top 5 Championship teams > Derby. The moment Derby rose up, they were always going to drop right back/

Cutty
2nd February 2008, 11:36 AM
Oh, C'mon guys what happened to this club?

Anyway, lets talk about collection for fun.

What collection items do you have from your fave team/just random football stuff? Post pic if you can.

My ManU cell (http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r313/silentknigt/Pict0051.jpg)

One of my fave collection, actually its quite old been like 3 - 4 years, I have a new cell phone, but I still like to use that old nokia.
I wouldnt call myself a collector, if I happen to find ManU stuff and like it, I'll buy it (even if itsnot official). My collections are common like poster (duh), calendar (duh), T-shirt (duh), towel, banner, mug, watch (I lost it n its expensive ;_; my most fave), clock, cap, what else... key chains, pins, etc.

Mephisto
2nd February 2008, 11:43 AM
What collection items do you have from your fave team/just random football stuff? Post pic if you can.

Well, I have a huge collection of olympiakos, from stickers to caps and so on... I may post a pi later!

Cutty Flam: Thanx for reviving the club! But please, next time you want to put a new topic tell it to us. Although now i t doesn't really matter...

P.S. Do you know Manucho Gonsalves?

yhyiannis
2nd February 2008, 11:44 AM
i've got a kouple of Arsenal shirts, Arsenal football shirts, Arsenal book about Arsenal... and an Arsenal hat. no pics sry. maybe l8er tho.

Cutty
2nd February 2008, 12:34 PM

Well, I have a huge collection of olympiakos, from stickers to caps and so on... I may post a pi later!

Cutty Flam: Thanx for reviving the club! But please, next time you want to put a new topic tell it to us. Although now i t doesn't really matter...

P.S. Do you know Manucho Gonsalves?

lol, sorry. I will next time.
I thought you guys sort of abandoned this place n no-one took care of it no more. Theres actually a lot to discuss but 2/3 days without new topic??.

Mephisto
2nd February 2008, 4:09 PM
^ Well that's why I don't blame you! I just thank you!

Do you know Manucho Gonsalves?

bobandbill
2nd February 2008, 10:52 PM
Me, I have no idea what Manucho Gonsalves is, although I'm not that great with names of people or things.
I don't really have much football stuff, besides stuff from the club near where I live. Yay.

BTW, is this 'telling you beforehand' stuff with the topics nesserary? Haven't seen it done anywhere else, and if someone's going to spam or make a bad topic, they probably won't bother to pass it by you anyway. Sure that we can stay out of trouble ;)

Mephisto
2nd February 2008, 10:55 PM
know but if everyone posted a topic we could have at the same time 12 topics(have happened) we can either do that or we can post our topics every 3 hours without approval...?

bobandbill
3rd February 2008, 2:46 AM
Why not give a day or two between topics - that should work well enough, and not everyone would be on within those three hours given that some of us live on the other side of the world.
Make that a rule on the front page, and as long as all know of the rule, it should more or less be fine.

Mephisto
3rd February 2008, 10:00 AM
ok I will!...

good...

Tomo
3rd February 2008, 11:09 AM
I'll join this club, please!
My team is Liverpool. Forever. Yup yup. But the American owners are not helping us at all. >_<
Anyways, I know Manucho. He's on fire for Angola, and should be brilliant for Panathinaikos/Man United (if he ever gets used...)

Mephisto
3rd February 2008, 11:13 AM
Yes Chuchu! You surely can join! I hope Manucho won't be brilliant for Panathinaikos... (Greek rival of Olympiakos!)

Welcome!

OJG
3rd February 2008, 7:49 PM
Manucho is fbbbb.

I have like, loads of stuff of West Ham. I've had EVERY shirt since I was about... 5. My dad always bought them for me for some reason, then I decided to buy them me'self. I have a scarf from the 1980 FA Cup Final vs. Arsenal (my dad went, and bought the scarf. 27 (and a bit) years old it is now :) I have a various load of other scarfs, annuals, calenders, watches etc.

Dark Arceus
4th February 2008, 8:16 AM
Manucho is fbbbb.

I have like, loads of stuff of West Ham. I've had EVERY shirt since I was about... 5. My dad always bought them for me for some reason, then I decided to buy them me'self. I have a scarf from the 1980 FA Cup Final vs. Arsenal (my dad went, and bought the scarf. 27 (and a bit) years old it is now :) I have a various load of other scarfs, annuals, calenders, watches etc.

Weren't you the last team to win the FA Cup outside of the top division? I can't remember if Wimbledon were in the Old Division 1 in 1988...

Cutty
4th February 2008, 9:11 AM
^ Well that's why I don't blame you! I just thank you!

Do you know Manucho Gonsalves?

Oh, sorry, I didnt notice your question before. Of course I know Manucho. He's good.

Mephisto
5th February 2008, 7:56 PM
One day passed, another topic.

Whom do you claim the mvp of the year? (any division)

OJG
5th February 2008, 8:00 PM
For the Premiership, it'll be Cristiano Ronaldo, no doubt.

Mephisto
5th February 2008, 8:02 PM
Long time no see Ollie...

Wellcome back!

On topic: I'd have to say Robinho...

Cutty
9th February 2008, 8:56 AM
I dont like cristiano ronaldo, but I'd say him too in premiership.

Baam
11th February 2008, 1:52 PM
i think it will be *drum roll* Cristiano Ronaldo

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 1:54 PM
We need a new topic:

Who do you think will win La Liga, Real Madrid or Barcelona?

I think this year is Real Madrids year.

Baam
11th February 2008, 1:55 PM
it could go ever way but i says Barcelona

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 2:02 PM
Real all the way. Even though the team was worried at start (after the great match with Olympiakos) they now play more maturely and they have great chances of winning La Liga...(ole?...)

Weakling
11th February 2008, 2:22 PM
plz can i join? I am a leeds fan and my favourite player is.....um..............probably fabregas.

I think that real will win for sure

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 2:24 PM
Weakling...........welcome!
Glad that this club has so many members!

Weakling
11th February 2008, 2:30 PM
thanks! Realisticly,i think barca are out of it

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 2:40 PM
O. M. G. ...... Another Leeds Fan apart from me! Is it possible? Welcome welcome welcome, and PLEASE be active!

Weakling
11th February 2008, 2:45 PM
lol leeds has a massive support for a league one side......

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 2:49 PM
We also have the biggest stadium and the largest crowd for a league 1 match this season!

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 2:50 PM
Way to go Leeds! immense support by the soccer club!:D

Can someone tell me the roster of Leeds?

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 4:03 PM
Do you mean the team? I don't quite understand.

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 6:51 PM
the team yes^ :D

Irrelevant: chain of 64 eevees and 3 shinies!

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 7:40 PM
Well, the main two I remember are Tresor Kendol, one of our strikers, adn the other striker, Jermaine Beckford, who's the highest scorer in League 1 with 16 goals. I'll have to look into mre detail for others though.

Before, we had a load of internationals, for England Nigel Martyn, Paul Robinson, Alan Smith, David Batty (who i've mentioned before) Rio Ferdinand (gasp!) and Jonathan Woodgate. Then we had Gordon Strachan for Scotland, Lucas Radebe for South Africa, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink for Holland and Mark Viduka and Harry Kewell for Australia. All in the 90's and early 00's.

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:41 PM
umm well....
Gk:
Alan Martin
David Lucas
Casper Ankergren

DEF:
Matt Heath
Rui Marques
Paul Huntington
Alan Sheehan (On loan from Leicester)
Ben Parker
Frazer Richardson
Lubomir Michalik
Darren Kenton

MID:
Jonathan Douglas
David Prutton
Jonny Howson
Sebastien Carole
Sebastien Sorsa
Alan Thompson (On loan to Hartlepool)
Ian Westlake
Bradley Johnson
Curtis Weston
Andy Hughes
Filipe Da Costa
Neil Kilkenny
Peter Sweeney

ATT:
Leon Constantine
Jermaine Beckford
Tresor Kandol
Tore Andre Flo
Anthony Elding
Tom Elliott
Tomi Ameobi (On loan to S c u n t horpe)

I go to every game you see :)

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 7:43 PM
Thank you! At last!

Well, new topic since the last one faded away...

What is the roster of the team you support?

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:43 PM
Gk:
Alan Martin
David Lucas
Casper Ankergren

DEF:
Matt Heath
Rui Marques
Paul Huntington
Ben Parker
Frazer Richardson
Lubomir Michalik
Darren Kenton

MID:
Jonathan Douglas
David Prutton
Jonny Howson
Sebastien Carole
Sebastien Sorsa
Ian Westlake
Bradley Johnson
Curtis Weston
Andy Hughes
Filipe Da Costa
Neil Kilkenny
Peter Sweeney

ATT:
Leon Constantine
Jermaine Beckford
Tresor Kandol
Tore Andre Flo
Anthony Elding
Tom Elliott

lol

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 7:44 PM
^no, not you... :D Hilarious!

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:45 PM
i know i thought it was funny :D

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 7:45 PM
umm well....
Gk:
Alan Martin
David Lucas
Casper Ankergren

DEF:
Matt Heath
Rui Marques
Paul Huntington
Ben Parker
Frazer Richardson
Lubomir Michalik
Darren Kenton

MID:
Jonathan Douglas
David Prutton
Jonny Howson
Sebastien Carole
Sebastien Sorsa
Ian Westlake
Bradley Johnson
Curtis Weston
Andy Hughes
Filipe Da Costa
Neil Kilkenny
Peter Sweeney

ATT:
Leon Constantine
Jermaine Beckford
Tresor Kandol
Tore Andre Flo
Anthony Elding
Tom Elliott

I go to every game you see :)

My dad used to have a season ticket, but he scrapped it when they got the -15 points at the beginning at the season. But he regretted it when we won 10 on the trot.

Anyways, since you go to every game, you obviously live in or near Leeds. Where abouts exactly?

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:46 PM
why??????????

anyway,mephisto,'roster' isn't used in soccer,the word is squad or team

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 7:48 PM
Because i'm as nosy as hell and I live quite near.

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:49 PM
lol i live about 20 mins away from the ground

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 7:50 PM
same here! A short trip down the M62 for me!

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:51 PM
i live lying face flat on the M62 :D

Not really

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 7:52 PM
I probably drive over you regularly! :D

Weakling
11th February 2008, 7:54 PM
Anyway....Mephisto who do you support? and can i be a co-owner (i'm often active)

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 7:56 PM
Speaking of that, could you add me to the co-owners bit to the front? Only the first two are on, and not me! :(

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 7:58 PM
Goalkeeper:
Nikopolidis
Defenders:
Antzas(CB)
Julio Cesar(CB)
Torosidis(RB)
Pantos(or Raul Bravo)(LB)
Midfielders:
Ledesma(MF)
Stoltidis(MF)
Galleti(RMF)
Djorcevic(LMF)
Attackers:
Lua Lua(CF)
Kovacevic(CF

Substitutions: Patsatzoglou, Belluschi( he will eventually get a basic part in the team..) Nunez, Sifakis, Leonardo, Mitroglou

Do you know any of them?

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 7:59 PM
Weakling: I'll do my best!
Dark Arceus: Sure! I totally forgot that!

Weakling
and what team is that?

Dark Arceus
I'm sorry Mephisto, but I don't know any of them. :( I don't think players in the Greek League are as famous as some Premiership or Championship Players.

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 8:00 PM
I'm sorry Mephisto, but I don't know any of them. :( I don't think players in the Greek League are as famous as some Premiership or Championship Players.

Weakling
11th February 2008, 8:01 PM
and what team is that?
i have heard of raul bravo,lua lua,Kovacevic,nikopolidis,djorcevic,julio cesar and ledesma

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 8:06 PM
Weakling: Olympiakos
Dark Arceus: You are about to recognise them since in 8 days by now (19th) the great event of the whole soccer universe will take place (Olympiako vs Chelsea) WARNING: It might get very graphic! :D

EDIT: Weakling and Dark Arceus, I think that this must have pleased you!

OJG
14th February 2008, 10:30 AM

I think this year is Real Madrids year.

This is Real's year? They won it last year :p Not like it's been forever since they won it XD

Anyway, West Ham's season is going down the pisser. We should be beating Birmingham.

I thought that whole idea with United/City at the weekend was awesome, plain kits and whatnot.Anyone see Real Madrid/Valladolid at the weekend? I was actually in Valladolid on an exchange (hence my disappearance) and when I saw the battering Real gave them, I was amazed. 7-0.

Weakling
14th February 2008, 10:36 AM
^^ lol. Time for a new topic, Mephisto I think

King Of Steel
14th February 2008, 2:02 PM
Judging from the past 10 title winners, it should have been Valencia up there, but their season has sucked so far; they're not even close to Barca, let alone Real.

For the PL, this should be Arsenal's year, judging from the last 10 winners. It's true so far, but I'm pretty sure this year's race is one of the closest in recent years.

Weakling
14th February 2008, 2:07 PM
Hoping that Arsenal win the prem (second favourite club) and hating man u (least favourite club) , i think man u will win. I am very negative you see.

Ok, new topic: Who will win the Champions League this year?

I say Real, they are on great form.

Suica
15th February 2008, 9:04 AM
Ok, new topic: Who will win the Champions League this year?

I say Real, they are on great form.
Domestically yeah. CL wise they've still been good but Liverpool's hot. It will be interesting to watch them against Inter.

And if you look at AC Milan and Liverpool this year then you know CL form and domestic form are not the same thing.

Still. I back you up that Real Madrid is gonna win the CL this year.

Cutty
15th February 2008, 11:25 AM
Wait, wait, for the topic mvp player, besides c. Ronaldo. Also Chelsea goal keeper Petr ?ech. He's def good.

For the PL, this should be Arsenal's year, judging from the last 10 winners. It's true so far, but I'm pretty sure this year's race is one of the closest in recent years.

In your dream papi.

Im rooting 4 Barcelona.

Who will win the Champions League this year?
Still either Liverpool or AC Milan. They have more experiece in International games, great records, and better mental. Especially than that loser team who uses cannon as their logo.
But no wait, with all those injuries, im gonna be realistic, I think it will be Manchester United. *hands down*

Oh, but Im rooting for Olympiakos too to win over Chelsea, Memphisto.

Suica joins and welcomes herself :p

Mephisto
15th February 2008, 1:32 PM
Yes suica, you can join... :D

I also believe that Manchester has the best chances. But I also hope for Olmpiakos... (Every man can dream...)

Oh and Cutty Flam, thank you for supporting Olympiakos! You must be very proud!

P.S. Do you want me to make a list with the club's members?

OJG
15th February 2008, 6:57 PM
Real Madrid or Manchester United for me. The two best squads, two best teams.

Suica
16th February 2008, 2:29 AM
I also believe that Manchester has the best chances.
There's more than one team in Manchester that has "Manchester" in their name. :P

It would make sense.

OJG
16th February 2008, 12:16 PM
There's more than one team in Manchester that has "Manchester" in their name. :P

It's suprising; on the continent they don't know City. In Spain, i'd say Manchester and they'd think of United instantly. Then, i'd say no, Mnachester City and they'd be like 'Quien?'

Cutty
17th February 2008, 8:59 AM
Yes suica, you can join... :D

I also believe that Manchester has the best chances. But I also hope for Olmpiakos... (Every man can dream...)

Oh and Cutty Flam, thank you for supporting Olympiakos! You must be very proud!

Yes, please!
Oh and this is more 4 my football knowledge. Is Olympiakos the best team in Greece? (dont be biased) and who's the best Greek player right now?

It's suprising; on the continent they don't know City. In Spain, i'd say Manchester and they'd think of United instantly. Then, i'd say no, Mnachester City and they'd be like 'Quien?'

Did get/buy football stuff from Spain?

Anyway, I just wanna laugh once more @ Arsenals defeat. 4 - 0. What a loser. Too bad no fatal injury at all. But one red card just as I expected. Embarassing. Im gonna be enjoying this as much as I can. The top of all, I won a bet. hehehe. Im 'rich', at least for 2 days.^^

I was actually laughing harder when I saw the way Adebayor dived. LMAO, the worst ever. Didnt his manager teach him something?
Totally losers.

But then again its just another 'boring victory ' for us. I knew its gonna be that easy, Arsenal is only as good as Spurs.

Manu is just too 'perfect.'

Mephisto
17th February 2008, 9:03 AM
[size=1]Yes, please!
Oh and this is more 4 my football knowledge. Is Olympiakos the best team in Greece? (dont be biased) and who's the best Greek player right now?
Yes he is! Although now he is not first he is twice as good as the first. As for the best Greek player, I would say either Nikopolidis(GK Olympiakos) or Antzas(CB Olympiakos)

~-Overheat-~
17th February 2008, 9:35 AM
ManU 4-0 Arsenal

I loved this match:D

Vixtro
17th February 2008, 10:11 AM
I'm not really a follower of Premiership Football (only the World Cup) but I was talking to my brother yesterday over Xbox Live and was telling me about a bet he's making that Spurs will beat Chelsea for the Carling Cup. So then he says to me "you will have to come to the pub with me when the match is on" so I say "yeah so I can laugh in your face when Spurs loose!". Either way I'll be laughing though cause if he wins the bet then next rounds on him. :D

yhyiannis
17th February 2008, 2:07 PM
ManU 4-0 Arsenal

I loved this match:D

dude, dont be too proud of Man U for that win. It was Arsenal's 17 year old team or somtin.

Suica
17th February 2008, 6:12 PM
In Spain, i'd say Manchester and they'd think of United instantly. Then, i'd say no, Mnachester City and they'd be like 'Quien?'
True. But City has a pretty strong (and really loyal) fanbase too. United simply has the better rep.

Dark Arceus
17th February 2008, 6:55 PM
True. But City has a pretty strong (and really loyal) fanbase too. United simply has the better rep.

And who won the Manchester derby? *Coughs*

Well done to both Bristol Rovers and Barnsley. They both performed really well against their higher league opposition.

Unfortunately, Leeds' Yorkshire derby with Doncaster was postponed due to a frozen pitch. It was a 12:00 kick-off, and they said if it had been a 3:00 kick-off the match would have been played...

OJG
17th February 2008, 7:16 PM
Well done to the teams that knocked out Premier League sides :)

Did I buy/get football stuff from Spain? Suprisingly, no. The equipment and clothing is more expensive and they don't stock the the 'pro' type of things (proper shinpads, full 120.00 boots etc.) so I didn't. I can get everything they had cheaper from Subsidesports anyway.

Suica
18th February 2008, 5:05 PM
And who won the Manchester derby? *Coughs*
Haha I know. Swept the series too.

King Of Steel
19th February 2008, 6:28 AM
Haha I know. Swept the series too.
Good thing United didn't have Rooney that day as well. XD

Petrov was a beast in that match.

In your dream papi.
Dreams do come true. *snickers*

Although once more, may the best team win the PL (and I bet you it isn't United).

Suica
19th February 2008, 6:13 PM
Petrov was a beast in that match.
Complete thorn in the side of the defense.

Paddster56
19th February 2008, 7:25 PM
Anybody Watch the Championship?

As an Ipswich Town Supporter I watched the Blackpool match

Ipswich town Vs Blackpool

Did anyone see the goals?

Dark Arceus
20th February 2008, 7:42 AM
Anybody Watch the Championship?

As an Ipswich Town Supporter I watched the Blackpool match

Ipswich town Vs Blackpool

Did anyone see the goals?

I used to last year and the 2 before when Leeds were in the Championship (we lost the playoff final to Watford 2 years ago) but now I don't really watch it and focus on League 1.

Cutty
20th February 2008, 8:59 AM
Way the go, Liverpool!

But, its only first leg. Doesnt mean anything. Its ok. still great.

Im kinda disappointed with Olympiakos. =/
Didnt use their chance playing in their own stadium.

bobandbill
20th February 2008, 10:49 AM
Come on Arsenal v. Milan... looking forward to that match, only I can't watch it as I'll be on a bus/train/at school... bleh. Stupid time zones.

yhyiannis
20th February 2008, 11:03 AM
Come on Arsenal v. Milan... looking forward to that match, only I can't watch it as I'll be on a bus/train/at school... bleh. Stupid time zones.

Yeah I kan't wait for that match either. I've been arguing with my friend about this match for ages. If Arsenal win's I'm going to make so much fun of him :D. If they don't... well he doesnt even watch so football so how's he going to find out :P.

Mephisto
20th February 2008, 11:38 AM
Olympiakos-Chelesea: Final result: 0-0

Man! We were great! totally deserved to win! I wasn't expecting that to happen!

yhyiannis
20th February 2008, 12:29 PM
Olympiakos-Chelesea: Final result: 0-0

Man! We were great! totally deserved to win! I wasn't expecting that to happen!

Oh that's awesome! I've been hoping for them to do better, and I got to say, that's a good skore to have with Chelsea for them.

Mephisto
20th February 2008, 12:32 PM
Oh that's awesome! I've been hoping for them to do better, and I got to say, that's a good skore to have with Chelsea for them.

Thanks man! Drogba couldn't even get to the goal! Julio Cesar did a great job!

yhyiannis
20th February 2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks man! Drogba couldn't even get to the goal! Julio Cesar did a great job!

I got to see this match then. Just so you know, I'm Greek. From Cyprus though, but I support Olympiakos just like you.

Mephisto
20th February 2008, 12:38 PM
I got to see this match then. Just so you know, I'm Greek. From Cyprus though, but I support Olympiakos just like you.

I thought about it! (yiannis)

Greek: Kosta m lene emena... Thrile ole ole...

yhyiannis
20th February 2008, 12:46 PM
I thought about it! (yiannis)

Greek: Kosta m lene emena... Thrile ole ole...

There's just one problem... I didn't ever learn Greek :P. I used to take lessons, but I stopped. It sucks, believe me, but I'm going to start learning again after exams. When's Olympiakos' next match and against who?

Mephisto
20th February 2008, 1:02 PM
There's just one problem... I didn't ever learn Greek :P. I used to take lessons, but I stopped. It sucks, believe me, but I'm going to start learning again after exams. When's Olympiakos' next match and against who?

:p I uderstand you, it's really hard... I don't really know when and with whom is the next match. I'm a little confused with the Superleague, Cup and Champions League... If you meant the next Chamions is again with Chelsea in Stamford...

yhyiannis
20th February 2008, 1:10 PM
:p I uderstand you, it's really hard... I don't really know when and with whom is the next match. I'm a little confused with the Superleague, Cup and Champions League... If you meant the next Chamions is again with Chelsea in Stamford...

Alright kool, well I'm going to try to watch that match against Chelsea. Thanks man.

Mephisto
20th February 2008, 1:16 PM
Alright kool, well I'm going to try to watch that match against Chelsea. Thanks man.

Here's a link to the highlights if you're too bored to watch the whole game!

http://www.footyhighlights.com/?p=250

yhyiannis
20th February 2008, 1:27 PM
Here's a link to the highlights if you're too bored to watch the whole game!

http://www.footyhighlights.com/?p=250

Ooh thanks man. Might do that instead.

ronniesafc
20th February 2008, 2:04 PM
Id like to join please. I started the original soccer club on my old account but didnt get many members. Its great to see that some people on this forum actually like a proper sport.

My favourite team is Sunderland got a season ticket and im hoping for a point away to portsmouth on saturday and a win away to derby in the game after.

Dark Arceus
20th February 2008, 6:19 PM
Id like to join please. I started the original soccer club on 1.my old account but didnt get many members. Its great to see that some people on this forum actually like a proper sport.

My favourite team is Sunderland got a season ticket and 2.im hoping for a point away to portsmouth on saturday and a win away to derby in the game after.

Welcome.

First, the bits in bold:

1.That's not really allowed. I'd keep quiet about it.

2.I think you'll be lucky to get a point at Pompey. David James is the best keeper in the Premiership at the moment. However, a win at Derby's quite likely. I hope you stay up this season.

ronniesafc
20th February 2008, 7:31 PM
My old account wasnt banned i think it was deleted due to inactivity.

A point away at portsmouth could be possible because portsmouth are better away than at home (when they came to our place we beat em :)), i would have said a win but with david James form lately a point would be a good result. A win away at Derby is a real must now, We need to improve our our away record.

Dark Arceus
20th February 2008, 7:46 PM
My old account wasnt banned i think it was deleted due to inactivity.
A point away at portsmouth could be possible because portsmouth are better away than at home (when they came to our place we beat em :)), i would have said a win but with david James form lately a point would be a good result. A win away at Derby is a real must now, We need to improve our our away record.

Bold: That's ok then.

I think you should stay up, since Derby are practically down and there's a few teams worse than you. A win at Derby is vital though, as you stated.

Suica
21st February 2008, 1:04 AM
Good luck to you guys to stay up. I'd like to see you guys play top-flight football next year as well since I've enjoyed watching some of your games this year.

Fenerbahce had a nice result today. I picked them to win too!

King Of Steel
21st February 2008, 8:21 AM
Even though I was expecting Sevilla to lose, I was kinda surprised that they actually did.

And congrats to Olympiakos, who limited Chelsea to just a pathetic one shot on goal.

Grr... we almost nicked it against Milan. Brilliant work from Theo Walcott to run at the full-back, then sending in a great cross. Adebayor's header... The ball just HAD to hit the post.

yhyiannis
21st February 2008, 8:34 AM
Ah well, 0-0 is better then losing to AC Milan for the Gunners. At least David (my friend) won't be able to laugh at me, I'll just talk to him about how we had the most posession of the ball, that goal that we had... that turned out to be an offside... blah... and our sexy last minute header :D

ronniesafc
21st February 2008, 12:08 PM
Celtic v Barca game blew me away last night. Terrific performance from celtic and were unlucky to loose. Celtics second goal by Barry Robson was brilliant, one of the best headers i have seen. And the third goal they conceded was unlucky with it hitting one of the defenders then deflecting off another then falling into the path of messi. But i suppose Barcelona's quality showed in the end.

Mephisto
22nd February 2008, 2:13 PM
Ok guys, let's have a new topic.

Are you pleased with the players your team has? If not, whom would you like to sign?

I am totally pleased with them. I couldn't change them because we all have a very good relationship!

yhyiannis
22nd February 2008, 2:40 PM
Are you pleased with the players your team has? If not, whom would you like to sign?

I am extremely pleased with Arsenal's team. Wouldn't change it if I kould

ronniesafc
22nd February 2008, 4:49 PM
Well with sunderland its hard to say. We have some top quality players like:

Kenwyne Jones: Some call him a poor mans Drogba but he is an all round player. Quick, stong, can header and has some silky skills.

Keiron Richardson in the 4 games he played since he got back from injury he contributed 3 goals from midfield. I mean by anyones standards thats a fantastic return. His range of passing is superb, dead ball specialist and quick what else can you ask for. Shame he is injury prone :(.

Craig Gordon: Started the season poor and lost his place after the 7-1 drumming by Everton. Has made some real howlers this season but his 2 saves against Wigan were top draw, more of the same please :).

Andy reid that little fatty looks a terrific signing. Also my one to watch out for is Carlos Edwards when he gets fit. look at this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1-3ur-CBN4) goal by him.

Johnny Evans also a great player he is going to be a world class center back.

Only thing the Sunderland squad lacks is strength in depth. Our squad has been injury ravaged all season and with a fully fit squad we could be a lot further up the league.

As for players i would like to sign Jermain Beckford from Leeds looks a class act top scorer in league one could easy make the huge jump from league 1 to the premiership.

Another good center half would be nice maybe Curtis Davis on loan from aston villa would be a great signing now.

Dark Arceus
22nd February 2008, 6:15 PM

Jermaine Beckford was an inspired signing, Pity Denis Wise has gone...

There's obvious names i'd like to sign (most of the Leeds team that went onto play for the big clubs e.g. Rio Ferdinand) but there's no-one in Leeds' price range.

ronniesafc
22nd February 2008, 7:20 PM
Wise only went to Newcastle so when Kevin Keegan is sacked he can take over as manager. His supposed role at the club was to look for new players to sign or bring into the academy. So why was he at the Aston villa game ey. He is noting more than mike Ashley's backup plan. But to be honest Newcastle had a great manager in Sam Allerdyce but they are to fickle to give him the chance he needed i mean in January he could have bought some players and turned the season around. But no they sacked him and put a manager who abandoned his so called beloved Newcastle. So in two months time we will probably see Denis Wise in charge of Newcastle United. And this is putting my feelings for Sunderland and Newcastle aside and looking at it from a neutral point of view.

EDIT: In some good news the FA has rejected proposals to play a 39th game abroad. Article here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7254528.stm)

bobandbill
23rd February 2008, 1:14 AM
Arsenal - pretty happy. Sure, they could have more English players, but I don't really care about that sort of thing. was a sad day when Bergkamp retired but...

My main team (Central Coast Mariners) - as they are definately not of the standard of Arsenal yet (given they are only 3 seasons old, no wonder...). One player, Kwasnik, isn't quite my favourite - too often gives the ball up, but is a favourite of the coach. Another player, Gumprecht, who is one of the best midfeilders IMO in the A-league has fallen somewhat out of favour with the coach, and may leave... he is excellent however.
Our club does need a dead-ball specialist as well. We have one guy who can absolutely smash the ball, but he is having a bad injury run at the moment...
Another defender may be needed, as Vidmar is retiring after the last game for the 'season' - very experianced, not fast but knows where to be and how to tackle. Was an Australian international player for years.

With our club at the moment, after the regular season, there is an additional 'final series', with the top four clubs in it. 1st plays second to go to a the 'grand final', the loser playes the winner of 3rd vs 4th to get to the grand final.
My club (which came first), lost 2-0 away against 2nd in the first leg away, witha penalty missed and a goal incorrectly disallowed ofr offside. However we won the home leg 3-0, and will play the grand final in 2 days. Going to the match - hope we win. :)

King Of Steel
23rd February 2008, 2:26 AM

Actually, I would try to sign a few players in positions which need back-up - like the defence. We lack a quality back-up to Sagna and Clichy (Traore is unproven and inexperienced, Justin Hoyte is inconsistent and bad at decision-making) and we definitely need another defensive midfielder, because Gilberto plays like he doesn't want to play at Arsenal anymore. I would also try to sign a striker or two in case of an injury crisis and maybe buy a left-winger (with only Rosicky playing there and Hleb occasionally, we sorely need back-up).

Other than the few signings, I wouldn't change any of the players we have at the moment.

Dark Arceus
23rd February 2008, 7:15 AM

Actually, I would try to sign a few players in positions which need back-up - like the defence. We lack a quality back-up to Sagna and Clichy (Traore is unproven and inexperienced, Justin Hoyte is inconsistent and bad at decision-making) and we definitely need another defensive midfielder, because Gilberto plays like he doesn't want to play at Arsenal anymore. I would also try to sign a striker or two in case of an injury crisis and maybe buy a left-winger (with only Rosicky playing there and Hleb occasionally, we sorely need back-up).

Other than the few signings, I wouldn't change any of the players we have at the moment.

I wouldn't blame him. It seems like he's been at Arsenal for about 6 years (He was in "The Invincibles" side) and he never used to play regularly. I'd be fed up of Arsenal by now if that had happened to me.

Cutty
23rd February 2008, 10:20 AM

Rooney and Tevez arenot goal machine.

Next topic:

Michael Ballack, what do you guys think of him?

Weakling
23rd February 2008, 10:35 AM

Yes.

He has been in better form before he came to england.

OJG
23rd February 2008, 10:46 AM
West Ham need a playmaker imo, a Diego or Elano sort of player.

Ballack has done much better this season, however Lampard is still better.

Mephisto
23rd February 2008, 11:15 AM
Ok guys, for now on you can post new topics whenever you want! And anybody! Just don't overuse it!

I think that he is so terrified from his last game that he can't sleep at nights!

ronniesafc
23rd February 2008, 1:25 PM
Oh my god did any one see the tackle on Eduardo just now its sick his has broke his leg and the bone is sticking out. Sky sports wont show a replay its that bad. Am talkin to a friend on msn and he says its on youtube already 5 minutes after it happened imo thats disgusting.

O and Michael Ballack has been fantastic this season. Struggled last year but since lampard was out he has raised his game loads.

yhyiannis
23rd February 2008, 2:10 PM
Oh my god did any one see the tackle on Eduardo just now its sick his has broke his leg and the bone is sticking out. Sky sports wont show a replay its that bad. Am talkin to a friend on msn and he says its on youtube already 5 minutes after it happened imo thats disgusting.

O and Michael Ballack has been fantastic this season. Struggled last year but since lampard was out he has raised his game loads.

NO !!! NOT EDUARDO!!! Oh my god... There goes a lot of Arsenal's good chances for winning the championship... I saw the tackle, ouch... Stupid Martin Taylor... Argh I feel so bad for Eduardo. I kan't find a picture of the injury. I've found video's of the tackle, but I kan't see the injuryl I don't know why I want to see it, but I do.

ronniesafc
23rd February 2008, 2:16 PM
Well he is defiantly out for the season. Arsenal are light on strikers now with van persie still not ready to return. Still got Bentnar and Walcott. I would like to see Walcott get a run of games up front because he is terrific for the under 21's and i want him to get into the senior squad.

yhyiannis
23rd February 2008, 2:26 PM
Well he is defiantly out for the season. Arsenal are light on strikers now with van persie still not ready to return. Still got Bentnar and Walcott. I would like to see Walcott get a run of games up front because he is terrific for the under 21's and i want him to get into the senior squad.

He's out for the season and for the Euro Kup. Arsenal were doing so good... and now this happens...

ronniesafc
23rd February 2008, 2:28 PM
I would dare bet say you still have enough to cope. As long as Adebyor keeps banging in the goals and Walcott has your 2 goals today you should be ok.

yhyiannis
23rd February 2008, 2:31 PM
I would dare bet say you still have enough to cope. As long as Adebyor keeps banging in the goals and Walcott has your 2 goals today you should be ok.

I really hope so man. I've put a lot of faith in Arsenal. I want to see something good happen to them, not bone kracking injuries.

ronniesafc
23rd February 2008, 3:05 PM
Dam late equaliser from birmingham not the result i was looking for. Now they are 3 points behind us.

Mephisto
23rd February 2008, 3:11 PM
AHHH!! I saw the video where Eduardo breaks his leg! Man, that is pain! The more I think about it the more I hurt too! Poor Eduardo...

yhyiannis
23rd February 2008, 3:33 PM
AHHH!! I saw the video where Eduardo breaks his leg! Man, that is pain! The more I think about it the more I hurt too! Poor Eduardo...

Yeah same I just found the video. Ah! The video had pictures at the end in which it showed his leg bone broken away from his foot bone. I thought his foot had just kome out of his shoe when I first saw it...

ronniesafc
23rd February 2008, 3:42 PM
Its been removed from youtube already.

yhyiannis
23rd February 2008, 3:52 PM
Its been removed from youtube already.

I was just going to say that. This is what it says when you put in the link for the removed video. "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NetResult" I was going to show my dad it, too late for that.

Suica
23rd February 2008, 11:55 PM
Rangers are my team and I think the squad is ok. We could do with some signings tho.

Keeper is stocked and we don't need any reinforcements. I think that we could do with another center back tho. Weir is good but already old. Both side back positions could use a little shoring up as well and especially since we don't have Hutton anymore.

Midfield is questionable imo outside of Ferguson. I'm not sure I like Adam or Hemdani. Steven Davis has done well since his loan move tho. Beasley was also making a good impression on the left wing but he's injured now.

I like what we have up front tho. Boyd and Cousin are a quality duo and are backed up well by Novo and Darcheville. Only problem I see is if Cousin is allowed to move to Fulham and one of the remaining three strikers gets injured b/c then there's a bit of a crisis.

Imo he's a great player. Last year was just a bad year for him.

King Of Steel
24th February 2008, 7:01 AM
Eduardo's injury was horrible. His foot was broken inwards. On the bright side, we've finally seen what Walcott can do on his day - yesterday was his day to shine, and my word did he take it well. Scoring from the wing isn't easy, but he managed it. RVP is close to a return as well.

Clichy's lack of concentration spoiled everything, but the penalty I felt was a little harsh. Clichy took the ball before he fell Parnaby. I guess some decisions don't always go your way. =/

Suica
24th February 2008, 6:24 PM
Eduardo suffered a horrible injury. I just hope that no one says that Taylor actually meant to hurt him. Wenger even took back what he said about Taylor being banned for life.

Weakling
24th February 2008, 7:51 PM
^^ Don't talk about it.

ronniesafc
24th February 2008, 8:14 PM
I saw the slow mo version on match of the day was horrible.

Lets talk about something a little more cheerful like the Carling cup final. Tottenham beat Chelsea 2-1 after extra time. Didier Drogba gave Chelsea the lead before half time with a free kick that Paul Robinson horribly misjudged. But after the restart Tottenham were awarded a penalty which Berbatov dispatched. And in the first half of extra time a howler by peter Cech gifted Jonathon Woodgate a goal after Cech punched the pall of Woodgates face and the ball trickled in.

This was a good result in my eyes as it means another English club in the Uefa cup and stops the big 4 from winning everything.