PDA

View Full Version : The anti-racism club

Mephisto
19th January 2008, 3:59 PM
Well, I recently saw a documentary about racism, how cruel it is and I decided to make this thread. In my country there are lots of racism victims including black men, immigrants etc. If you support anti-racism or you are a victim you may join so we can discuss. But, please, follow the rules:

Use a particular form to introduce yourself which is

Name and age
vitim or supporter
Don't offend to anyone
Don't use foul language
Always follow the forum rules

There are 2 positions for co-owners, so the first 2 to post are able to take one:

Co-owners:
OJG (Ollie)

I will also need a club guard who knows very well the rules to make sure nobody breaks them:

Club guard: 1.

So, you can now post!

Mephisto
28th January 2008, 5:00 PM
Ok! This club got approved!

You may join!

OJG
28th January 2008, 7:34 PM
I'll be a Co-Owner, I hate racism. It's one of the worst things about the world.

OJG (call me Ollie or OJ if you like :)), age 15.
Supporter of anti-racism.

Mephisto
28th January 2008, 8:11 PM
Ok OJG you are the co-owner. And I am glad you are a fanatic of anti-racism!

blueUmbreon
3rd February 2008, 11:12 AM
Can I join? I hate racism and I have been a victim 3 or 4 times... it is ridiculous to dislike someone because he is black and etc... I wanna be a member... Don't spend much time on the pc...

Emperor Giratina
3rd February 2008, 1:48 PM
I'm only 12-years old and I'm a victim of racism.... I hate racism... Everybody makes fun of me in school and bully me all because I am white... Can I join, pretty please? The name's Hassan Rizvi and I would like to be the club guard... I know the rules, so you don't need to worry... No worries, okay? :D

Mephisto
3rd February 2008, 1:56 PM
Emperor Giratina you are now the club guardian! So ok now I don't worry!

blueUmbreon you can join too!

Mephisto
7th February 2008, 5:03 PM
Don't let this club die! We need another 2-3 members to join so we can have a topic!

SkinnySweatyMan
10th February 2008, 10:32 AM
Hello, I was wondering if I could join. I am a very anti-racist person, and I believe everyone should be treated equally no matter what race, gender, sexuality, etc. a person is. I'm nineteen years old. I wouldn't mind being a co-owner; in fact, I think it would be pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I have kind of been a victim of racism. I am not Jewish, but I have family who are, and people used to make fun of me for it all the time while I was in high school. I personally don't care what people think about me, so it didn't really bother me. However, I know other people are very emotional, self-conscience, etc., and I try to stop these things from happening to other people.

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 2:13 PM
SkinnySweatyMan you can be the co-owner. You are right about the emotional people. I had a friend who was chinese and everyone would make idiotic remarks at him at university. Thus, when he became very depressed he didn't show up for 2 weeks. Now that was really bad...

Xenavire
11th February 2008, 2:24 PM
OK, im in... I hate racism in any form, whether accidental slurs or intentional hurt, its all nasty in some way.... I am typical tall white guy, and I dont mind any kind of racial comment aimed at me because I have little to fear of them.... I have faced far worse than anything a racist person could dish out.... but that does not remove my dislike for people who are cruel to others for slighty different shades of skin!!!....I quite enjoy talking to my black friend, and he is also gay and lives in texas.... he is one of the better friends I have had, and his sense of humour is quite different, it is really cool, and my Fiance is Indonesian.... I have also wanted to live in japan and work for Nintedo there, and I know how smart all those asain techies are... I wouldn't have a hope XD.... and I hope none of what I have said has come across as slurring or anything, thats basically the nicest way I have been taught, coming from NZ.... do I need to say anything else?
Btw,I completely agree with skinny sweaty man.... its not just skin... I hate those who do the same with gender, sexuality, age.. any of it....

Weakling
11th February 2008, 3:27 PM
hi can i join? Racism sucks.
i'm 11 and a supporter of anti-racism. My friends are unfortunately victimised :( :( :(

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 3:32 PM
ok, Xenavire and Weakling you both can join!

Now that we are enough members we can start a topic. Anyone who has an idea may post...

Weakling
11th February 2008, 3:43 PM
ummm cant think of one

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 3:48 PM
ok then, I'll start

Should more countries apply racism as a crime?
Well, i know many countries that don't and say that these differences should be solved amongst the people. I think they are totally wrong and every person that insults so heavily anotherone should be extremely punished...

Weakling
11th February 2008, 3:52 PM
Definately!

GhostAnime
11th February 2008, 4:46 PM
what I find extremely guilty is that I have a hobby that associates from an extremely nationalist/racist country.

Littlemyuu
11th February 2008, 4:56 PM
Please can i still join? my Name is Maile and iam 17jrs old, well i really hate it and iam also kind of a victim....( also Supporter)
i am Indonesian and in almost every school they just made fun of me, call names hit me an such...yea, i was the only one in the class >_<, if there is something in this world what i hate is racism ;_;

Mephisto
11th February 2008, 7:43 PM
Solar-skeptile you can join! The worst thing about racism isn't its ideas. It is that there are people who still follow them... Ehm... Ghost Anime, do you wanna join?

Littlemyuu
11th February 2008, 9:38 PM
sure...racism is a bad way to really hurt people..i don't know if my country
takes a look at it..i know there are many people around here that have an anger to black/turkish/chinese people....good that i don't live there...but yes i think every country must see racism as a crime.

GhostAnime
11th February 2008, 9:40 PM
depends on the kind of racism. I say it's not a crime for people to speak their opinions as long as it's not damaging anybody.

also, what happens if I join?

SkinnySweatyMan
12th February 2008, 5:37 AM
Cool, thanks Mephisto!

Racism crimes? That's a hard call, basically because it's very vague. I'm very liberal and believe in freedom of speech to its fullest extent, but I'm also a strong supporter of the Constitution (US), and I believe that people should be allowed all of their rights unless they infringe upon other peoples' rights. This is a very hard question to answer, and even though I really despise racism, I cannot come up with a definitive answer.

Mephisto
12th February 2008, 1:43 PM
also, what happens if I join?

You join, you are a member (or higher) you reply to topics...

SkinnySweatyMan
15th February 2008, 8:31 AM
What did everyone do for Valentine's Day?

Mephisto
15th February 2008, 6:04 PM
Something very personal...hehehe...

Littlemyuu
15th February 2008, 6:41 PM
Well nothing Special, my BF life in New Zealand..i'am in Holland so...>_<
but we talked on Wi-fi and gave a Valentine like Pokemon to each other.

Emperor Giratina
22nd February 2008, 10:26 AM
Yes, yes, yes! Certainly! Racism is a crime... Anybody who does it should be badly punish... Regardless of who he/she is, what his/her gender is and what his/her age is.... I don't understand the fact that why people do it? :/

Xenavire
22nd February 2008, 10:20 PM
Oh, yes... We did exchange Valentines pokemon, but I liked the letter you had attached too :) and well... I cant wait untill you beat me with my own pokemon I trained so carefully, it will be so worth it :)
Edit: sorry it was playing up on me... I forgot what else I had put here.... so now I guess this is spam unless I can think of something... (does loving someone of a different race count as being anti racist? XD)