PDA

View Full Version : Out of hand?

bluesonic1
21st January 2008, 11:39 PM
Don't you guys think that all the rules on the chatroom is getting out of hand? I mean, I just got kicked because I said: "Trading events for events" and I just get kicked for not specifying. I didn't specify because I have a HUGE long list of events and I'm just looking for events that I don't have in exchange. Plus I'm sure that if I had posted all the events I had I would have probably been kicked for flooding >_> And I've been kicked for flooding once because I said: "Trading eevee" then realised I forgot to say shiny so I said that afterwards and I got kicked for flooding.
Has anyone else had these things happen to them or am I just an unlucky egg?

Locke Yggdrasill
21st January 2008, 11:49 PM
Don't you guys think that all the rules on the chatroom is getting out of hand? I mean, I just got kicked because I said: "Trading events for events" and I just get kicked for not specifying. I didn't specify because I have a HUGE long list of events and I'm just looking for events that I don't have in exchange. Plus I'm sure that if I had posted all the events I had I would have probably been kicked for flooding >_> And I've been kicked for flooding once because I said: "Trading eevee" then realised I forgot to say shiny so I said that afterwards and I got kicked for flooding.
It's a script. It's automatic.

bluesonic1
22nd January 2008, 6:14 AM
No no, they were actually people.

Locke Yggdrasill
22nd January 2008, 6:30 AM
It's a person's script. It gives the illusion of a person, but it's their computer (and thereby their username) doing it for them.

Misaki-chi
22nd January 2008, 8:49 AM
Locke explained how you were banned, but the point is that the rules are there, and you should obey them. I'm fairly sure that rule at leart partly exists because people use the term 'events' to bypass existing rules, such as trading Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus... If people were less stupid [and thought they were less clever >>;], I'm fairly sure half of the rules could simply be replaced with 'Use common sense', but people aren't. It sucks for you that you got banned, but the bans expire, and there's no point posting about it if you're disobeying a rule... especially a rule that's in the subject:
SPECIFY ALL POKÉMON
People post long lists in the ONE MESSAGE... just don't copy/paste over and over... or try just posting 'trading for [insert list of event Pokémon you want]'?
I have no staffly status of any kind in #SPP or SPPf or anything... my point is just 'no, I personally don't think the rules are out of hand'

Sird
22nd January 2008, 1:35 PM

Normally, when they say "SPECIFY ALL POKEMON", they are often referring to the Event Darkrai that is not allowed to be traded there, as you yourself have said, you are either looking or asking for events. Note that I did not flame you that you are asking for Darkrai. But, the Ops do not know, they can't read your mind, so, in future, list out every single event you want, if you do not know the names or for whatever reason, use this page to refer to. ;)

http://www.serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml (http://www.serebii.net/games/events-pkmn.shtml)

Erik Destler
24th January 2008, 4:15 AM
..No they aren't out of hand.
It says in the rules to specify all pokemon.

You can deal, or leave.
end of topic.