PDA

View Full Version : GTS Guardians club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

firewall
5th February 2008, 1:20 AM
Hello, I had an idea that may or may not work out.

As you know, the gts is full of hacked event legends and it is unfair when anyone gets stuck with one. Such 'pokemon' degrade the quality of the gts trades. We have all complained about it....but why don't we take action?

There is a way to remove such things from the gts that is simple but requires extremely generous minded people.

As a GTS Guardian we can make a collective effort to remove fake event legends from the gts by actively fishing them out. By loading something legit onto the gts and asking for mew, celebi or jirachi you may catch the 'illegal' trade and delete it in your version by releasing it. You will need something legit that would actually be worth this type of trade-maybe clone something good.

So our mission:[U] To make the GTS honest and fair for everyone!

[U]What if I get a legit pokemon in return That is up to you. You may keep it, trade it, send it back or maybe think of donating it to someone in the trade forum who wants one.

Members responsibility Post progress reports. If you are uncertain of something, put it up for examination. Be active. If you won't be around, let us know. Otherwise, your member status will become MissingNo status ;000;

So if you are also disappointed by the tainted reputation of the gts, join us and help make a difference!

Members ;251; for strong preformances!

Firewall....owner/Hack hunter;251;
Helldamphir.........member/hack hunter;000;
Jean de Kotennoh..........Senior Analyst/ Co-owner
John Light.............member/hack hunter;251;
Randomspot555...........Member/Analyst;251;
Zapdragon14..............member/hunter;000;
Eeveerose......................member/hunter;251;
qwerty0805...............member/hunter;000;
Pokelover33................member/hunter;000;
Blastoise720..................Member/hunter;000;
Ganonrai......................member/hunter;000;
Mrmagius................member/analyst/hunter;251;
Blazikenbud............member/analyst
Light venusaur.........Member/hunter/tester;000;
May's Brother..............Member/hunter/ analyst.;000;
Johnny Knoxville.............Member/Hunter;251;
Embersbackupsinger........Member/hunter;000;
ViperGTS.......................Member/hunter;000;
Weebl33.....................member/hunter;000;
shadowman080..............member/hunter;000;
Pokenicks.....................member/hunter
Shinyray5....................member/hunter;251;
Suicunefan2341............member/hunter;251;
Kirkeastment...............member/hunter
Luckyshipper8816.........member/hunter
Jack ladder..................member/hunter;251;
Shiny Palkia................member/hunter;251;
Thehackcatcher...........member/hunter;252;

All members: please format reports as follows:

Progress Report
Date:
Pokemon Obtained:
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):
Additional info:
Action taken:

Our long overdue banners include:

choice 1: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...ite/req112.png (Horizantal banner)
choice 2: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ll_art/gts.jpg (the jirachi one)
__________________there are more just don't have links.

Hacks removed: 223!!!!

firewall
7th February 2008, 10:47 PM
Well unfortunately no members yet. Oh well, here's my initial progress report:

Date: Feb 06 (yesturday's activities)
Pokemon Obtained from GTS: Lv. 100 celebi with japanese lettering/ ot.
Analysis: ID number 31121 and japanese names confirm that this is actually a legit Ageto celebi (what are the odds of getting hacks when looking for legits and legits when hunting hacks?!!!)

Decided Action: As I already have my very own celebi I don't need another so it will be donated to the Trade Forum.

If anyone is interested in joining, we need not only 'hunters' but an 'analyst' as well (someone with complete knowledge of legit event legends to help in those tough to determine cases)

HellDhampir
7th February 2008, 11:41 PM
well i will join
because have been trade hacked pokemon before but do you have to limit my self to gts because the wifi chat room has many hackers

firewall
8th February 2008, 12:22 AM
Alright! Welcome HellDamphir!

Yes we are focussing on removing hacks from the gts. When I was getting my jirachi and mew I found that at least 3/4 or 75% were hacks.

So are you going to be a hunter or an analyst? Or both?

So the only rules are that we don't send hacks into the gts and we do progress reports here. If you get a legit poke instead of a hack sent to you it is up to you to decide. Just like I did in my first report.

Welcome aboard and good luck!
P.S do you have pokemon you can use for this mission that you don't want? Just checking!

firewall
9th February 2008, 7:08 PM
Progress Report: Firewall

Date: Feb 8
Pulled from GTS: A japanese mew lv.19.
Analysis: It's ID number and japanese text confirms it is a legit wave mew. Sigh, weird how when I want legits I get the hacks but now it is backwards! Moves have been messed with but that could've been the trainer's fault and not a hack result since the three moves are all tms.

Decided action: I am donating her to the trade forum.

mrdurp4
9th February 2008, 9:13 PM
your gona need a co-owner

soo that means ill join. we need to keep the GTS clean and safe for all

firewall
9th February 2008, 9:58 PM
Welcome aboard! So I am sure you know what to do and how to report so lets get cracking! Are you able to hunt?

Here is one thing to look for: I have noticed one trainer named jesus repeatly for weeks putting up jirachi, always the same location. I know he is handing out AR'd jirachi as he announced his intentions on another forum. If we can grab his and release them that'd be helpful!

Jean de Kotennoh.
9th February 2008, 11:32 PM
I certainly like the ideology behind this. It's a very noble kind of thing. I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of it... however... I have no Wi-Fi/GTS access at the moment, and won't until we move out of the apartment complex this summer. (Neighboring routers kill my connections... Sadness.)

However... if it's something that one could learn to do (I like to think of myself as a competent individual), perhaps I could lend my efforts to analyzing? All I need to know is what kind of things to look for... gah, I'm making a fool of myself. If you think there's any way I could help, please let me know. If anything, I could at least be a kind of forum aid, no?

Thanks for the consideration,

~Jean

firewall
9th February 2008, 11:57 PM
I certainly like the ideology behind this. It's a very noble kind of thing. I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of it... however... I have no Wi-Fi/GTS access at the moment, and won't until we move out of the apartment complex this summer. (Neighboring routers kill my connections... Sadness.)

However... if it's something that one could learn to do (I like to think of myself as a competent individual), perhaps I could lend my efforts to analyzing? All I need to know is what kind of things to look for... gah, I'm making a fool of myself. If you think there's any way I could help, please let me know. If anything, I could at least be a kind of forum aid, no?

Thanks for the consideration,

~Jean

Sure you can join. For now you can do Analysis. So If there is anything we find and are unsure of its legitimacy you can help make the call. You will need to have a knowledge of event legends such as details it should have. Like the OT, ID, english names or another language, type of ball it should be in, if there are any that could be personally caught or only through downloads. You can help out for sure!

Welcome aboard!

mrdurp4
10th February 2008, 6:15 PM
where gona need a banner... soo ill get to work on that in a bit... but in the meantime well need a good motto and links in our sigs

firewall
10th February 2008, 6:21 PM
yeah, I was thinking about that. If you are good at banners you can make them. I was thinking of a Jirachi with a confident/brave look on its face holding a sword and shield and in a cool pose and the background is the launch tunnel from the gts. Our motto? I thought of "Hacks stop here" or "GTS Guardians: the defenders of honesty" What do you think? I think whatever we have, should be mutually agreed upon.

John Light
10th February 2008, 6:22 PM
Can I join,

I hate hacked pokemon... Especially when they are on the GTS, ripping people off. I have recieved my fair share of fake GTS pokemon

A level 20 houndour caught in the mining museum

A dragonite caught in Victory Road

and some more which I can not remember

firewall
10th February 2008, 6:31 PM
Yes you can join. Are you going to be able to find and "destroy" hacks? That's what we do. It takes having some pokemon you don't want anymore that you can send up and potentially pull out a hack. So, the only rules are to release hacks and post regular progress reports like I did. Also, feel free to have input on our banner.

PS: when I first sought a mew and jirach I got those hacks that are in masterballs with trainers called "AAAAA" or the mew at lv.10 that said fateful encounter at lv.50!

That's when I came up with this idea.

John Light
10th February 2008, 6:35 PM
Yes, I will be willing to destroy hacks and I will create an update when I have destroyed a hack

firewall
10th February 2008, 6:37 PM
Sweet! thanks and welcome aboard!

The King of Ho-oh's
10th February 2008, 6:38 PM
I'll join, got a hacked Articuno the other day.
OT is EEEEEEEEEE. Also if some one gets a
legit Celebi, Ho-oh, or Mew off the GTS let me know,
Im lookin for them for my pokedex. I can trade right back.

mrdurp4
10th February 2008, 6:47 PM
hmmmmmmmm the whole banner thing would be a little hard considering i cant find any picks of Jirachi like that. but i have another idea. i still like the whole sword and shied idea soo we can add that onto a regular trainer. and add him on both sides of the banner. then put a Jirachi in the middle. id then put a gts portal background. sound smashing or what!!!

firewall
10th February 2008, 6:52 PM
Excellent! That is pretty cool! Use a male and a female trainer ok? Also, consider whether the jirachi should be a legit aiding us or a hack that looks "glitchy" so the trainers are focussed their attention on it.

The King of ho-ohs, welcome aboard! So, get after whatever you can hunt and prepare progress reports. So they're coming as "EEEEEE" now? Figures.

Anyways, so is everyone in agreement with the direction of the banner?

John Light
10th February 2008, 7:33 PM
Hi, just recieved and 'destroyed' a obviously fake shiny ralts, whose offerer wanted a female elekid level 9 and under

ralts
level 50
Jolly Nature
Caught Route 202 at level 50
OT: DoUgLaS

mrdurp4
10th February 2008, 7:40 PM
good job john light. that brings our "kill" count up to two.

oh and by the way if you find a legit event and you dont want it you can give it to me\

firewall change my job to analyst. im good at that stuff

Jean de Kotennoh.
10th February 2008, 8:47 PM
Sure you can join. For now you can do Analysis. So If there is anything we find and are unsure of its legitimacy you can help make the call. You will need to have a knowledge of event legends such as details it should have. Like the OT, ID, english names or another language, type of ball it should be in, if there are any that could be personally caught or only through downloads. You can help out for sure!

Welcome aboard!

Awesome, and I do have a fairly extensive knowledge of where Pokémon occur in-canon, so I'll be able to spot fake-location hacks of the bat. Also, I know the names of nearly all the Pokémon in both English and French, and I have a source for finding the other various languages. I have about four different Pokédex guides (Prima, Vs. Books, Serebii, PokéDream), and a large listing of information as to OT's and the like.

All in all, I'm certainly glad to be the "Senior" Analyst!

I love the idea of the two trainers, Jirachi in the middle, and the GTS launch tunnel. An awesome thing. Now then, about whether it should be a legit Jirachi or not... I have an idea, but it may take a bit more effort. If we can find someone to do some sprite splicing, we could have a Half-and-Half Jirachi; good and evil at once, representing both sides of that for which we stand.

Once we get a banner, I'll put it into my signature, and I'm going to go ahead and place a link now.

Alright, so as the Senior Analyst, please add a link to my Email address beside my name on the member list, so that people can immediately Email me any questions they have about the Pokémon they've found:

jeanpaolobrunocartier@gmail.com

Thanks, and again - very glad to be aboard.

~Jean

EDIT: Check out my signature. I was just typing away, and the words came to me. How does that sound for a motto? If nobody likes it, I'll gladly remove it.

firewall
10th February 2008, 9:46 PM
Progress report:

Date: Feb 10 @ 1:50pm canadian
Got from GTS: lv. 100 Celebi.
Analysis: It hails from hoenn, that's ok BUT......is in a master ball and the OT is Grifen and the ID is unheard of. quite certain this is a hack but plz does anyone know if they're were any events that allowed in game capture of this pokemon.

Action taken: Pending consensus of our analysts it will be destroyed.

BTW, good work with the ralts!!!!

randomspot555
10th February 2008, 10:18 PM
^^^ According to this guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/48598 Celebi is only ever in a Poke Ball as is most of the Gen 3 events unless otherwise noted.

But all of the 4th gen event 'mon (Darkrai and Manaphy) are in Cherish Balls.

Jean de Kotennoh.
10th February 2008, 11:18 PM
Progress report:

Date: Feb 10 @ 1:50pm canadian
Got from GTS: lv. 100 Celebi.
Analysis: It hails from hoenn, that's ok BUT......is in a master ball and the OT is Grifen and the ID is unheard of. quite certain this is a hack but plz does anyone know if they're were any events that allowed in game capture of this pokemon.

Action taken: Pending consensus of our analysts it will be destroyed.

Yes, all event Pokémon (barring, evidently, the Gen 4 Darkrai and Manaphy), should come in a simple Poké Ball.

There were no events that allowed in-game capture; the only Pokémon falling under that category were the Ticket Pokémon, e.g. Mew on Faraway Island in Emerald Version (after obtaining the Ticket at an event) and Deoxys on Birth Island (same story).

All things considered, I'm willing to call it a Hack without any question.

Case closed.

firewall
10th February 2008, 11:48 PM
Thank you both, I will now dispose of the obvious hack.

Thanks Jean De Kotennoh, the forms for reports is a splendid idea.

For now on, all hunters and analysts please adhere to the forms in post one for reporting.

The King of Ho-oh's
11th February 2008, 1:55 AM
Been trading Suicunes back and forth, looking for
a hack. Went through 12 all where legit. Saw a
Regice that had a Manaphy picture, wasn't able to
nab it. Destroyed the hacked Articuno I obtained.

firewall
11th February 2008, 2:01 AM
Good job with the articuno. It is hard to catch things sometimes but I find that it helps to put up a freshly hatched johto starter and get an extra manaphy and then hold it until someone puts up something asking for manaphy. I saw a celebi and a suicune where the recipient wanted a manaphy, one of which I snagged! It was a hack celebi, the one mentioned before.

Also, anyone else tracking jirachi look out for a trainer named 'jesus'. He puts up several a day or so and I seen him post intentions elsewhere of 'mass producing jirachi via AR".

I saw a mew I couldn't grab, it had a PG 18 name so to speak. Couldn't get it.
Also saw a milotic with a celebi pic too.

kodochakhfan
11th February 2008, 4:13 AM
Hey, I'll join this : D. This is pretty cool with the hacks in such, although I have NO idea how to tell hacked from real ._.

Jean de Kotennoh.
11th February 2008, 4:20 AM
Which is what we Analysts are for! *points to self* If you're not sure (or even when you think you are), simply use the form shown in the first post to post all about the Pokémon you've found, and an Analyst will make the verdict.

(I don't recommend getting attached to a Pokémon until you're sure it's NOT Hack...)

firewall
11th February 2008, 6:30 AM
Well said jean.

Kodochakhfan, welcome aboard. Please familiarize yourself with what is to be done and the reports forms on post one!

kodochakhfan
11th February 2008, 6:40 AM
Okey. : D! This'll be fun! My friend just gave me uncloned Shiny jirachi lvl100 so im basically extremly excited right now!!!

Spodee
11th February 2008, 11:38 AM
I think this club is a great idea, I'd love to join :)
The only downside is the hackers get legit pokemon *sigh*
I don't clone pokemon right now because the gts can be risky by what I know and I'm not up to the battle fronteir in emerald yet, but when I do I will clone and destroy some hacks :D
Keep up the great work!
I'm useless at seeing a pokemon is hacked or not unless it's really obvious.

firewall
11th February 2008, 9:18 PM
welcome spodee!

Don't worry about not being able to discern hacks for yourselves,as you can see we have analysts here to do that for you. All you need to do is to do is fill out the forms when reporting and a verdict will be rendered. As seen thoughout the club. And don't worry, I don't think it is the hackers who will get our pokes but the people who got hacks when attempting to trade and sending the hack back in disappointment. Also alot of hacks are just 'given away' so it could be anybody.

I just wanted to remind everybody not to offer up pokemon which you love and want to keep. I only send up something I have extra of.

I'll be back later with a hack report.

The King of Ho-oh's
11th February 2008, 10:04 PM
Progress Report:

Date: Feb. 11, 3:55 pm
Got From GTS: Lv. 100 Suicune
Analysis: a trainer by the name of Will (looks like
a biker) has been giving away a massive amount
of Suicunes on the GTS. Over a 2hr period I watched
him give away 20 Suicunes, one was even shiny.
All he ever asked for was a lv 50 or more Zapdos.
ALL of the Suicunes were lv 100. After checking the
2 Suicunes I was able to get it has been determined
that they both are legit. Caught in Kanto, each with
different stats and each inside a Master ball.

Action taken: the Suicunes have cleared and will
be spared.

firewall
11th February 2008, 10:53 PM
Good work king of ho-ohs, but in 'action taken' it would be good for you to tell us what you did with the suicune, ex; kept, donated, returned to gts...etc. Otherwise, really good job.

Progress Report

Date: Feb 11/8
Pokemon Obtained: celebi, lv.100
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location): ID: 04061, OT: in japanese. Ball: Master ball, Arrived from Hoenn
Decided Action: destroyed if analyst can conclude that this is a hack.

Jean de Kotennoh.
11th February 2008, 11:07 PM
Analyst's Verdict
Hunter: Firewall
Pokémon: Level 100 Celebii
Deliberation: The Celebii's listed ID No., 04061, matches no known ID No.'s for legitimately released Serebii (10th Anniversary, Ageto, etc.). The fact that it came in a Master Ball is also a warning flag. It should have come in a regular Pokéball. The Hoenn Location further complicates thing.
Final Verdict: It's a Hack; destroy it.

-----

PS - the forms are easier to read if each category is bolded; just something to consider.

firewall
12th February 2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks and I will do both of those suggestions.

BTW, legit ones also would come from hoenn. Ex; ageto, or any other released in the GBA era. My 10anniv was from hoenn.

Good job everyone!

I have discovered something: all those "hacks" we see with the incorrect picture may not be the result of hacking but a gts glitch! I believe this because each case the wrong pic was the image of the pokemon wanted in return. Secondly, I tried to get one and it said it was already taken YET...came up in three searches thereafter.

I think we should ignore those ones.

Jean de Kotennoh.
12th February 2008, 12:30 AM
Duly noted. *jots down a note in notepad* And, that's right; I'd forgotten about the possibility of Hoenn originations. Must get back in proper frame of mind.

~long, long day at school~

Anyways.

randomspot555
12th February 2008, 1:28 AM
I thought the only picture shown on the GTS while searching was the picture of the Pokemon that you searched for and it's results, not the Poke that was being asked for. I also thought the picture was a stock picture so like, for example, a shiny wouldn't show up as a shiny.

The King of Ho-oh's
12th February 2008, 3:30 AM
Good work king of ho-ohs, but in 'action taken' it would be good for you to tell us what you did with the suicune, ex; kept, donated, returned to gts...etc.
Sorry, they were returned to the GTS.

Date: Feb 11/8
Pokemon Obtained: Suicune, lv.100
Analysis: ID. 06227, OT. 10ANNI, Hoenn
It's a 10th Anniversary Suicune I only need
to know if the ID is recognised as a 10th
Anniversary ID. If so the Suicune will be kept
by me or traded on the forums.
Verdict: No action will be taken untill
someone can confirm or deny that it is or isn't
a hack.

randomspot555
12th February 2008, 3:47 AM
Look at this from the Gamefaqs guide:

/-----------------------\
| EUROPE TOP 10 POKEMON |
\-----------------------/

In early 2006, an online poll was conducted to determine what the
Europeans viewed as their 10 favorite Pokemon. This was similar
to the Top 20 that the US had.

The results indicated that the following 10 Pokemon had won the
poll and would be distributed throughout events in Europe.

Charizard
Pikachu (Light Ball Attached)
Articuno
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Latias
Latios

Events took place in various European countries (France, Germany,
Italy, Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom)

The information on the Pokemon is very symbolic. The ID # on all
European distributions is 06227. This represents February 27 of
the year 2006, which was the actual date of the tenth anniversary
of the Japanese release of the Red & Green versions. The OT
corresponds to something that indicates these are indeed special
10th Anniversary Pokemon.

Some of the Pokemon have different names then the English
Versions. The German & French names of Pokemon are different.
The Italian and Spanish names correspond entirely to the English
System.

If you receive a Pikachu from these promotions, assuming you’ve
unlocked the ability for foreign Pokedex entries but have not yet
received a Pikachu from that country, the foreign entry must now
be available. If it is not, you have been traded a fake. The
exception is the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, which do not
unlock special Pokedex entries.

The ID # checks out:

* FRANCE TOP 10 DISTRIBUTION *
Games Eligible – Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green & Emerald

09/26/06 Paris (Toys R’ Us)

Dracaufeu [French name for Charizard]
Pikachu (Light Ball Attached)
Artikodin [French name for Articuno]
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Latias
Latios

Pokemon were distributed at least once, in an event held at the
Toys R’ Us located in La Defense, the business district of Paris.

OT: 10ANNIV (Male or Female)
ID: 06227

Yes, this is the same information as the British distribution.
Only 7 of the Pokemon will overlap. French and British Pikachu
are different in the national dex entry that they unlock.
Charizard and Articuno must bear the French names to be
distributed in the French promotion.

It also checks out as the same ID # for at least 5 other European giveaway during the same tour.

Jean de Kotennoh.
12th February 2008, 4:44 AM
Hey, we have a dedicated researcher here. I have these same pages from Gamefaqs saved to file. =D

But hey, it's good to have someone around who knows how to poke around the web! Good researching, mate!

randomspot555
12th February 2008, 5:19 AM
Hey, we have a dedicated researcher here. I have these same pages from Gamefaqs saved to file. =D

But hey, it's good to have someone around who knows how to poke around the web! Good researching, mate!

I'm just trying to help out and, because of my abundance of free time and ability to procrastinate school work, decided to do so on here. And some logical conclusions should be made without consulting anyone else. For example, a Celebi in anything other than a Pokeball or an English Mew in anything other than a Pokeball are hacked.

firewall
12th February 2008, 5:26 AM
I thought the only picture shown on the GTS while searching was the picture of the Pokemon that you searched for and it's results, not the Poke that was being asked for. I also thought the picture was a stock picture so like, for example, a shiny wouldn't show up as a shiny.

that's why I think it is a glitch. Every instance was a pic pf what was asked for and when I try to get it, it says it is already traded but yet the same one remains there today. I think th glitch displays the wrong pic somehow.

Thanks for your help, why don't you join?

kodochakhfan
12th February 2008, 5:39 AM
I recently have acquired a shiny wishmkr jirachi and was wondering if its real:

Pokeball caught it
ID:20043
OT:WISHMKR
Came from: Hoenn
Shiny
Had Pokerus

randomspot555
12th February 2008, 6:18 AM
I recently have acquired a shiny wishmkr jirachi and was wondering if its real:

Pokeball caught it
ID:20043
OT:WISHMKR
Came from: Hoenn
Shiny
Had Pokerus

I'll check it from my WISHMKR Jirachi.

Everything checks out, BUT I thought that shiny Pokemon weren't given out at events. They could only be caught in the wild. For example: A shiny Mew could only be japanese and from Faraway Island, since only Japan had events to get that item legitmately.

And Pokerus can just be picked up from the wild or from other Pokes the user has caught.

That being said: If this is a hack, it's a very accurate one.

John Light
12th February 2008, 5:03 PM
progress report: saw a level 1 entei on the GTS for a level 9 and under wooper, unfortunately when I clicked trade, it said that 'this pokemon was traded to a different trainer'. I will keep my eyes peeled for any other level 1 legendary dogs.

The King of Ho-oh's
12th February 2008, 5:09 PM
Thanks Randomspot. Im going to try and
give the 10ANNI Suicune away on the trade
forum.

firewall
12th February 2008, 5:46 PM
Alert! I saw a lv.9 mew on gts yesturday on for a suicune. I couldn't make the trade and this site wouldn't respond for me to call in you guys. It is now gone. Lv.9 as we know is a hack for mew as they don't come lower than lv.10.

To the Analysts: I wanted to ask for you guys to come up with a way to identify the faraway island mew. It is the one mew that may be in a masterball so that one may be more difficult and with it being pal parked will only say hoenn. We need a standard.

Findings: I thought I'd mention this. In some cases it is possible for a ranger manaphy to lose the 'ranger' note. The only way this happens is if the egg is downloaded to d/p but not hatched by the original recipient but is instead traded to another d/p. When this happens, ranger gets replaced with 'link trade'. I know this from experience, as this happened to the one I got from someone.

Are you sure about the shiny jirachi? Serebii net pokedex does have the shiny sprite form displayed. If there is any way to investigate further, I think we should in order to give this trainer peace of mind.

kodochakhfan
12th February 2008, 9:14 PM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=301781 talks about shiny wishmaker jirachis =/ Although half of them say yes and the other half say no I find it very intresting.

firewall
12th February 2008, 10:23 PM
Well, Kodochakhfan, I think you are in the clear as long as the ID/OT and pokeball are correct. Most on that thread you showed us say that shinies are possible. Also, consider that the d/p pokedex on serebii.net displays a shiny version of the sprite and I don't think they'd show it if it wasn't possible. All Jirachi are from events, if shinies weren't possible they would not show us the sprite.

Anyways, the info checks out. Don't worry about the Pokerus, everyone seems to have it these days and with the gts, it spreads like a real life infection.

kodochakhfan
12th February 2008, 10:26 PM
Lol, although none of the pokemon I have really have HAD Pokerus except for him, who was a present ._. so yeahh.... >_> Im pretty unlucky that was...... Oh wait... I caught a trapinch that had it once on my ooold game that I defeated the pokedex on (ruby) and caught a shiny lotad and a shiny rayquaza... Then lost it >_>

But I'm glad there is a chance its real, ima say 95-99% lol... I plan to keep it >:D!

firewall
12th February 2008, 10:32 PM
Good, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. I got pokerus from a friend who had it and infected over thirty of my own pokes not including all the ones I bred for other people or put on GTS. Then someone gets it and they pass on and so on. It is more prevalent with worldwide trading.

The King of Ho-oh's
12th February 2008, 11:16 PM
Date: Feb. 12, 5:15 pm
Got From GTS: Lv 100 Shiny Ho-oh

Analisis: OT: (Indoesian),
ID: 00000, From: ----------,
It's a hack.

Action Taken: euthanasia

firewall
13th February 2008, 2:06 AM
Good job. euthanasia, sounds brutal.

I have had no luck. I missed an easy one: jirachi for lv.9 and under elekid. Unfortunately, mine was still in an egg.

Just so you know, that darn incorrectly pictured mew/gyarados is still there and won't allow trade.

Jean de Kotennoh.
13th February 2008, 3:33 AM
Well, Kodochakhfan, I think you are in the clear as long as the ID/OT and pokeball are correct. Most on that thread you showed us say that shinies are possible. Also, consider that the d/p pokedex on serebii.net displays a shiny version of the sprite and I don't think they'd show it if it wasn't possible. All Jirachi are from events, if shinies weren't possible they would not show us the sprite.

Anyways, the info checks out. Don't worry about the Pokerus, everyone seems to have it these days and with the gts, it spreads like a real life infection.

Hey, Firewall, just thought I'd point out that the SerebiiDex also shows all the Egg Steps for legendaries, too. I think that their reasoning for showing the Egg Steps (the data was extracted directly from the game) is the same way in which they show the Shiny forms of all 493. Whether or not it's possible still remains to be seen. I say we organize a research team, for which I'd immediately volunteer, but I'm doing SO MUCH on and off the site... anyways, it's just an idea.

kodochakhfan
13th February 2008, 5:38 AM
Wow... I just found a charizard shiny in GTS, asking for a feebas, I get it and it says caught at lvl 54... That's not good. I have disposed of it already lol

firewall
13th February 2008, 5:39 AM
Yes, I say we have it looked into because we require absolute certainty. For now, I'd say it is fine (the jirachi) until proved otherwise.

Also, I'd like the analysts to come up with a report on mew from "faraway island". Since this mew could be caught in masterballs, it'd be hard to figure out what's fake. Also, the trainer memo is always shortened to 'Hoenn' so we can't count much on location.

Kodochakhfan, did it say from kanto arrived at lv.54? Because that would be normal if it did.

kodochakhfan
13th February 2008, 5:43 AM
No, It said caught at lvl 54... I was wondering why lvl54 aswell... o_o

firewall
13th February 2008, 5:09 PM
No, It said caught at lvl 54... I was wondering why lvl54 aswell... o_o

So, it wasn't pal parked? Ok then it is fake. Good job.

Remember, everyone, if ever in doubt, post the info for the analysts.

Where's murdrp4? He hasn't checked back in about the banner or.....anything?

Ok so I have been on mew/celebi/jirachi "duty". It would be good if I could get another hunter on one of these too as I had to miss some easy ones due to not having the required pokes. Quite often I see requests for manaphys or female starters. The one hacker I have mentioned several times has struck again, it seems as though all his request are for female pokemon. He hit 2-3 jirachi and one dialga yesturday. As I have heard his plans before I know he has at least 29 AR'd Jirachi. With that many sent out, it can be assumed that the recipients will send them back up out of disappointment.

John Light
14th February 2008, 5:26 PM
found a level 1 rayquaza today, caught in victory road, naturally I disposed of it

firewall
15th February 2008, 1:36 AM
Good job. It's a good thing they make the hacks very obvious.

I should mention that in our official hack destruction total the count is one higher than can be seen from the posts. This is because I counted a hack mew I was given when seeking mew data long before starting the club. This hack was in a cherish ball, lv.9 and said fateful encounter at lv.50.

kodochakhfan
15th February 2008, 4:47 PM
Just checking in, I looked a little while on the GTS to have nothing to show for it though, except maybe this post saying I did o_o. Yeah. I'm pretty bored lol.

firewall
15th February 2008, 6:38 PM
I am not having any luck as of recent. I think I'd go quicker if I could clone something of value and put it up for offer. I can't seem to do that. Does anyone have any tips? I tried 7.5-8 revolutions and it just didn't work.

It is hard to obtain anything since all the recent stuff asks for lv.100 pokes, most unevolved.

randomspot555
15th February 2008, 7:54 PM
I am not having any luck as of recent. I think I'd go quicker if I could clone something of value and put it up for offer. I can't seem to do that. Does anyone have any tips? I tried 7.5-8 revolutions and it just didn't work.

It is hard to obtain anything since all the recent stuff asks for lv.100 pokes, most unevolved.

Cloning with the GTS glitch jsut requires tons of patience. I've gotten pretty good at it, but sometimes I'll go hours without any success.

EDIT: Found something that might be very good or I might've lost my Mewtwo.

Japanese lvl 10 Mew, asking for Mewtwo.

I traded for it because it might actually be from Faraway Island.

Lonely Nature
Aug 2, 2006 (when it was caught)
Hoenn (so that's good)
Apparently had a fateful encounter at lvl 10.
Proud of it's power
Likes Spicy Food

ID # 50716
OT: Japanese name

HP/Stats
with Synchronize

Moveset
Pound
Transform

At least the moveset checks out with Gen 3.

EDIT: For some reason (probably from the lack of caffeine), I wasn't thinking straight. Wild Mews from Hoenn on Faraway Island are at lvl 30. This was obviously hacked into the game.

On that note: Anyone got a spare Mewtwo? Clones are fine.

firewall
15th February 2008, 11:04 PM
Mine has a nickname. Severus is what it's called. Glad you got rid of the hack and also provided some info we can use for identifying faraway mews but like I said, don't jeopardize the pokemon you love. I only send out that which I don't intend to keep such as things given to me in a 'free trade'. Enthusiasm is good, but regrets are not.

If you don't mind the nickname, I can clone mewtwo once I figure out how. Or I can buy a gts one for you.

Progress report
Date: feb 15/8
Got from GTS Suicune
Analysis details Lv.65, "distant land", OT: hero, ID: 07760. Distant lands means it is from orre aka a colloseum suicune. Therefore legit.
Action taken I would like approval of this report and I shall clone it for 'bait'. It will speed things up.

Since this is going back out, plz ignore suicune lv.65 by michele @ ontario, canada when hunting on gts. Especially king of ho-ohs who is doing suicune duty.

The King of Ho-oh's
15th February 2008, 11:53 PM
plz ignore suicune lv.65 by michele @ ontario, canada when hunting on gts. Especially king of ho-ohs who is doing suicune duty.

I acutually saw your Suicune on the GTS and I was thinking
of getting it. Anyway I was looking for Lugia's (because my bros
a Lugia nut like im a Ho-oh nut :) ) and came across:

Progress report
Date: 2/15, 5:48 pm
Got from GTS: Lv 100 Shiny Lugia

Analysis: OT: Pika, ID: 57535
arrived from Heonn at Lv. 100. All the
guy was asking for was a Lv 50 Khangaskhan
so I thought easy hack, I didn't have a Lv 50
Khangaskhan so I gave him my Lv 100.
I don't think it's a hack and the most outstanding
reason why is it's nature is Adamant! Surely
if some one was going to hack they would
make one with a Modest nature.

Action taken: I have a new HM slave for
my party :)

firewall
16th February 2008, 12:57 AM
That could be from Pokemon XD, gale of darkness. But then again, all colloseum pokes get "distant land". What does XD usually get?

Analysts, let us know.

BTW, yeah I have it up for same thing lv.9 an under because I've been trying to clone it for over an hour.

firewall
16th February 2008, 6:50 AM
On page two, I guess I can post again.

Progress report
Got from GTS: Jirachi, lv.100
Analysis details: regular ball, hoenn, OT: WISHMKR ID: 20043
Action taken: Obviously legit, will be sent back or cloned and sent back.

Progress report
Got from GTS: mew, lv. 81
Analysis details: regular ball, japanese name/trainer name, ID: 50716 hoenn
Action taken: Donated or returned.

Progress Report
Date: feb 16/8
Pokemon Obtained: Jirachi lv. 100
Analysis : Masterball, hoenn, OT: chris, ID: 50177
Decided Action: Destroyed upon analysts approval

Progress Report
Date:: feb 16/8
Pokemon Obtained:: Jirachi lv.27
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):: OT: jake ID: 24380, Met at lv.20, mining museum, reg ball
Decided Action: Destruction upon analysts approval

So I did manage to clone a couple of times using the suicune. Twenty tries yielded like two. It works on the ninth revolution for me.

John Light
16th February 2008, 10:25 AM
Progress report: Yesterday, I was searching for a tyranitar for my cousin (he has not seen one) and traded one of my regices for it. But, if you look at the summary, it states that it was caught at level 100 (it is level 55). I deleted it and bred my cousin a dragon dance larvitar instead.

Tyranitar
Adament
Level 50
OT: Schmitt

Dragon dance
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Taunt

Would have made quite a good tyranitar if it was not hacked.

The King of Ho-oh's
16th February 2008, 6:47 PM
That could be from Pokemon XD, gale of darkness. But then again, all colloseum pokes get "distant land". What does XD usually get?
naw it's not a XD one (if that question was directed at me) ALL purified
XD or Colloseum pokemon come with a special ribbon, and ive found out
that if you take a pokemon from Colloseum put it in to a cartridge game
(Leaf Green for example) then put it in to another cartridge game
(Sapphire for example) then Pal Park it, it will say it came from what
ever land it arrived from when it was put in to the pal park. Ive tested
this out on my MATTLE Ho-oh.

Progress report
Got from GTS: Ho-oh, Shiny Lv 71
Analysis details: Master ball, hoenn, OT: Steven ID: 42890
Put up a normal lv 100 Lugia for any Ho-oh, was shocked when
this guy came through. Arrived from Hoenn at Lv 71
Action taken: Pending... If legit it will be kept by me.

I actually got this Shiny Ho-oh only 2 hrs after I found my
Shiny Lugia on the GTS.

firewall
17th February 2008, 12:59 AM
Ok, believe it or not, I got more! I am going to need an analysts opinion, not because I can't make my own calls but accidents happen so I need to be completely sure.

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained:: Jirachi lv.100
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):: OT:AAAAAAA ID:19294, masterball, hoenn, post pokerus
Decided Action: Destruction, this one is too obvious!

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained: celebi, lv.25
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):: OT: Joshua(male symbol) ID: 05796, ultra ball, hoenn
Decided Action: Destruction pending analysts verdict.

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained:: Jirachi lv20
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):: OT: lillie ID: 30517, Met at lv.20, mining museum, reg ball
Decided Action: Destruction

mrdurp4
17th February 2008, 6:16 PM
guys you should remember to join the forum... here

the forum (http://gtsguardians.hyperboards.com/index.php)

firewall
17th February 2008, 6:56 PM
I'm already there, no one else had been notified yet. Where's all our analysts? I want a final ok on a few things!
Some of our members aren't doing anything, where is everyone?

Anyway, king of ho-oh, kodochakhfan, john light and ramdomspot555, as you are very dedicated members you can come to the Guardian forums for log keeping and stuff. Myself, murdrp4 and john de Kotennoh (also proven dedicated) already have accounts there. Follow the link in our sigs that says "guardian forum".

Anyway, I have to update my findings there when I have a moment.

The King of Ho-oh's
17th February 2008, 7:53 PM
Progress Report
Date: feb 17/8
Pokemon Obtained: Ho-oh lv.100
Analysis: Arrived from Hoenn at Lv 4, HACK
Decided Action: Destruction

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained: Lv 10 Celebi
Analysis: ID: 04954, OT: Jap., name:
Jap.
Decided Action: pending

signed on the forums under my game name of Luke.

Jean de Kotennoh.
17th February 2008, 9:33 PM
OH JEEZ. I have missed lots of things. Since I have so much to respond to, forgive me for electing to not fill out an Analysis form for every single one of them.

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained: Jirachi lv. 100
Analysis : Masterball, hoenn, OT: chris, ID: 50177
Decided Action: Destroyed upon analysts approval

Destruction approved.

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained:: Jirachi lv.27
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):: OT: jake ID: 24380, Met at lv.20, mining museum, reg ball
Decided Action: Destruction upon analysts approval

Destruction approved.

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained: celebi, lv.25
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):: OT: Joshua(male symbol) ID: 05796, ultra ball, hoenn
Decided Action: Destruction pending analysts verdict.

Destruction approved.

Progress Report
Pokemon Obtained: Lv 10 Celebi
Analysis: ID: 04954, OT: Jap., name:
Jap.
Decided Action: pending

Hmmm... Destruction approved. I had to look into that one a bit, but still, approved for euthanasia.

*huge sigh*

Did I miss any? *flail* CURSE Server Issues!

firewall
17th February 2008, 10:56 PM
That's ok, as long as we have your approval. You did miss my last two I think but I think they're obvious anyway. Don't worry the server usually gives me trouble too.

Jean de Kotennoh.
18th February 2008, 12:11 AM
Oh, woops, I only offered verdict on the ones where you stated that you were waiting on the go-ahead. >_< Yeah, pretty much everything you've posted looks like it's needs an injection or two, so go ahead. For right now, the server seems to be liking me... *knocks on wood while crossing finger and standing on head gargling peanut butter*

The King of Ho-oh's
18th February 2008, 12:18 AM
Progress Report
Date: 2/17
Pokemon Obtained: Lv 100 Shiny Mew
Analysis: Stats are:
Hp: 404, all the other stats are 299,
the only way for it to have these stats
is hacking
Decided Action: euthanasia

Jean de Kotennoh.
18th February 2008, 12:24 AM
WAIT HO-OH!

What is its OT/Location info? A Mew with those stats would simply have to have been very, very well trained and with a Neutral Nature. Before you give it the shot, post the rest of its info... unless, of course, you've already done so.

Then again, there are OTHER reasons that this would be considered a Hack, but ok... we need to see the OT name and the Encounter Location information, as displayed on the forms on the front page.

The King of Ho-oh's
18th February 2008, 12:33 AM
Don't worry no rush Im currently Ev training my
Uxie. I usually don't "dispose" of hacks untill the
end of the night. I'll check it here shortly.

Okay name is MEWSA caught in a pokeball by a
guy named JimDady Hardy arrived from Kanto at
Lv. 100. ID: 54321

Jean de Kotennoh.
18th February 2008, 12:40 AM
*faceplants*

Okay, yeah, um. No further analysis needed at all, mate.

That's one of the most obviously glaring hacks I've seen to date. ...Wow...

John Light
18th February 2008, 10:08 AM
Progress Report

Date: 18/02/08
Pokemon Obtained: Jirachi level 58 @ Choice Scarf
Analysis: Obtained at level 2 on route 201, therefore obviously fake
Action Taken: Destroyed

P.S what should I do with the choice scarf, should I delete it or should I keep it, I would be good for at least one of my slow pokemon?

Zieg
18th February 2008, 6:54 PM
hello, i was wondering if i could help out your efforts to remove hacked pokemon from the gts. looking through this made me look through mine as well, and had removed four:
Gallade lv. 55 ot: Richard ID: 32102
caught at route 227 at lv. 55

Skuntank lv. 34 ot: DaNi ID: 20880
caught at route 206 at lv. 14

Jirachi (Japanese text) lv. 50 item held: star piece
ot: bonoka or ponoka (can't make out first letter) id: 16703
caught at route 229 at lv. 50 in master ball

Feraligatr lv. 30 ot: LANDON ID: 62618
from Hoenn, but in master ball.

firewall
18th February 2008, 6:55 PM
Go ahead and keep the choice scarf, it was likely added after the fact.

Ok, Zieg, welcome to the club! Familiarize yourself with the rules and reporting formats. You have a good haul there so we'll get an analyst on to make a final verdict, which is what we do to avoid "accidents". Are you able to get stuff from the gts without giving up pokemon you care for? We never give away what we treasure.

Progress report

Date: Feb 17/8
Pokemon obtained Jirachi lv. 100
Analysis: OT: Wacky, ID: 30345 , Masterball, kanto.
Decided action: Destroyed upon approval.

Remember how we discussed those incorrect pictures on the gts? I can now prove that they're glitches! It happened to a pokemon I put up.
I had been clonning mew and suicune over the past few days. After that I put up a regular quagsire. After a while I checked the status of it and what I saw astounded me.
The nickname was Aura, the species: mew! The picture: KYOGRE! Odd, since I don't have any kyogre data in my game at all. It said "will you take back Kyogre?" when I brought it back, it was quagsire.
Therefore I am positive it is a clonning induced glitch, the incomplete data lasts long after the clonning. I know it is the clonning because the mew/aura was what I cloned the day before.

It was cool.

John Light
18th February 2008, 7:02 PM
Concerning incorrect pictures, Yesterday I encounted a mew that had the sprite of a gyrados, asking for a gyrados. When I clicked trade, it stated that it was traded to a different trainer. Yet when I returned to the Mew page the gyrados/mew was still there. Has anyone else found this?

firewall
18th February 2008, 7:30 PM
I have been mentioning that one for a week now. It is still there!

Paddster56
18th February 2008, 7:39 PM
Hi can i join yesterday i was trading with my friend from GTS and i was giving him A Piplup (Egg from my Starter) and he was gonna give me a Mewtwo Found out it was hacked thats why he didnt care that he was giving away a mewtwo

Analysis

Name Mewtwo
Id 324245 ot CHRIS
Caught Route 229

Easy to find out because of route 229

firewall
18th February 2008, 8:03 PM
Ok welcome paddster! Good to see you have reviewed the way things work here and did a report!
As long as you can hunt on the gts without losing pokemon you love, go for it!

Paddster56
18th February 2008, 8:08 PM
Progress Report Hacked Pokemon
Date:2/18/08
Pokemon Obtained: Phione
Analysis ID: 675849 OT JERMAIN FOUND ROUTE 227
Decided Action: Release

randomspot555
18th February 2008, 9:21 PM
Progress Report Hacked Pokemon
Date:2/18/08
Pokemon Obtained: Phione
Analysis ID: 675849 OT JERMAIN FOUND ROUTE 227
Decided Action: Release

Good catch, but why would anyone hack a Phione? It's not like they're incredibly hard to find.

Paddster56
18th February 2008, 9:24 PM
Good catch, but why would anyone hack a Phione? It's not like they're incredibly hard to find.

Guess they are stupid or something:D:confused::o

Anyway That means that thats another Hack removed from GTS that means we have reached 15 thats a good number

Jean de Kotennoh.
19th February 2008, 12:42 AM
Progress report

Date: Feb 17/8
Pokemon obtained Jirachi lv. 100
Analysis: OT: Wacky, ID: 30345 , Masterball, kanto.
Decided action: Destroyed upon approval.

Approved.

Gallade lv. 55 ot: Richard ID: 32102
caught at route 227 at lv. 55

Skuntank lv. 34 ot: DaNi ID: 20880
caught at route 206 at lv. 14

Jirachi (Japanese text) lv. 50 item held: star piece
ot: bonoka or ponoka (can't make out first letter) id: 16703
caught at route 229 at lv. 50 in master ball

Feraligatr lv. 30 ot: LANDON ID: 62618
from Hoenn, but in master ball.

So, I assume you're saying that you've already gotten rid of these? Mmkay.

P.S what should I do with the choice scarf, should I delete it or should I keep it, I would be good for at least one of my slow pokemon?

Equip it to a Pokémon, see if you notice any effect. If so, it's good, you can keep it. If not, well... you know what to do. ^.^

-----

Anyone heard anything about a banner/userbar? o_O I have no room left in my signature for a banner, but if I could turn the userbar into a link, I could probably add something like that. ~random~

Zieg
19th February 2008, 1:43 AM
So, I assume you're saying that you've already gotten rid of these? Mmkay.

Yes- it was shortly after i had posted, but i did check the information on them first to be certain.

Progress Report:
Date: 2/18/08
Pokemon Obtained: Latias lv. 41
Analysis: OT: STUART, ID: 63635, caught in dive ball, Hoenn, item held: soul dew, arrived at lv. 40, date: Jan. 26, 2030
Action Taken: release upon approval

Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Mew lv. 31
Analysis: OT: SETH, ID: 05076, caught in master ball, Hoenn, arrived at lv. 31, date: Jul. 23, 2007

Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Celebi lv. 52
Analysis: OT: MICHELA, ID: 19902, caught in master ball, Hoenn, arrived at lv. 26 date: Jan. 5, 2007

Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Deoxys (shiny) lv. 70
Analysis: OT: GTS, ID: 00010, caught in master ball, Wi-Fi event, date: Aug. 10, 2007, fateful encounter at lv. 70
Action Taken: None until analyst approval

firewall
19th February 2008, 4:26 AM
Good job guys! BTW, the Deoxys looks like a tenth anniversary one due to the ID. and the latias may be ok as it can be caught in saphire. Again have Jean or randomspot approve.

I think our hack count is now over 25 paddster. I update it almost daily.

Jean, murdrp4 was supposed to do a banner but I was thinking of hand drawing some stuff since he hasn't checked in. I was going for a custom avatar but it could be a series of banners.

Not much new for me. I checked up the gts but got nothing today. Been busy.

I think zieg has caught two legits and two hacks.

John Light
19th February 2008, 9:05 AM
Good job guys! BTW, the Deoxys looks like a tenth anniversary one due to the ID.

I don't know, but I thought the 10 anniversairy OT was either 10ANIV or 10JAHRE.

Progress Report:
Date 19/02/08
Pokemon Obtained: Shiny Sneasel Level 10
Analysis: Caught in Great ball in Eterna Forest at Level 10
Action Taken: Obviously fake so deleted

Date: 19/02/08
Pokemon Obtained: Jirachi level 32 @ Salac Berry
Analysis: Caught in Master ball in Route 216 at level 32
Action Taken: Obviously fake (hacker made an effort by attaching salac berries like CHANNEL jirachis to make it look real) deleted

P.S nothing strange happening with either items so I kept the Choice Scarf and gave the Salac berry to my cousin

firewall
19th February 2008, 6:13 PM
Ok I checked the event list. The Deoxys that comes with that ID# is :
Lv.70
OT: SPACE C
ID: 00010

I thought tenth aniv because the ID number was like those of that event but it is infact the space center Deoxys. I hope zieg held on to it pending a verdict.
But, on the other hand, zieg didn't say the OT was Space c and he said it was in a master ball. We need an analyst on this one since the ID matches but many other details don't.

Yea John light, it seems that the person offering it attaches real items to improve the chances of someone taking interest in their offer. Many I have seen attach a star piece, like that means squat, to it. Everyone seems to add something to add value.

ZIEG: Hold that latias, it might be ok since they are catchable in R/S/E. We'll get an analyst's verdict.

zapdragon14
19th February 2008, 7:17 PM
I woud like to join, and I would love to help in any way possible, unfortunately I don't have the dex data for the event legendaries so I'm not sure if i'd be much help:(

mrdurp4
19th February 2008, 8:49 PM
well welcome aboard zapdragon14. just so you know not all hacks are legends.

im working on the banner... its just really hard to find the pics i need, but its geting done

Jean de Kotennoh.
19th February 2008, 10:29 PM
Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Latias lv. 41
Analysis: OT: STUART, ID: 63635, caught in dive ball, Hoenn, item held: soul dew, arrived at lv. 40, date: Jan. 26, 2030

Actually, I think you may have a Legit here. There's honestly no way to be sure, as it -can- be caught in-game perfectly well. Since it's not shiny or anything, I'm willing to verify it as legit.

Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Mew lv. 31
Analysis: OT: SETH, ID: 05076, caught in master ball, Hoenn, arrived at lv. 31, date: Jul. 23, 2007

Approved for euthanasia.

Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Celebi lv. 52
Analysis: OT: MICHELA, ID: 19902, caught in master ball, Hoenn, arrived at lv. 26 date: Jan. 5, 2007

Approved.

Progress Report:
Pokemon Obtained: Deoxys (shiny) lv. 70
Analysis: OT: GTS, ID: 00010, caught in master ball, Wi-Fi event, date: Aug. 10, 2007, fateful encounter at lv. 70
Action Taken: None until analyst approval

No, no, no. The OT shouldn't be GTS unless... yeah, no. It's a hack. Give it the needle. Or something. And make sure it gets its due "last feast" and all.

~~~

I'm not going to be able to get on again this evening (art class, every Tuesday evening), so I'll log in tomorrow to get some stuff done.

~~~

Welcome to the club, Zapdragon14. If you'd like, you can either be a hunter, and simply post things here to be analyzed (we don't expect everyone to know all the details about identifying hacks), or... I could simply teach you everything I know and you could become an analyst! *dramatic music*

But!

I think everyone who -can- should give Hunting a try. I have no Wireless capabilities yet, so I physically -can't- do so. Since you don't know too much about identification, I'd recommend that.

~Jean

mrdurp4
19th February 2008, 10:42 PM
jean... i need you to update the forums from i think feb 13 to today... thanks

firewall
19th February 2008, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard zapdragon14! Anything you can do to pitch in is fine as long as you follow due procedures. Hunt what you can for now and we will supply you with some event legend data in a bit. If you'd rather analyze, learn from Jean de kotennoh and randomspot555.

Good job everyone! I will update our count in post one. Thanks for handling so much of the analyzing Jean, nice work.

Hey murdrp4. It is ok, take your time, as long as you let us know.

I did update the log forum a little bit within the past week, you'll see my added post.

zapdragon14
19th February 2008, 10:49 PM
Great! I think i'll become a hunter :)
I will post reports as often as I can

Progress report

date: 19/02/08
pokemon obtained: Zapdos lv.100@masterball
Analysis: arrived from hoenn at lv.100
Action taken: pending

mrdurp4
19th February 2008, 11:42 PM
Great! I think i'll become a hunter :)
I will post reports as often as I can

Progress report

date: 19/02/08
pokemon obtained: Zapdos lv.100@masterball
Analysis: arrived from hoenn at lv.100
Action taken: pending

that seems real... keep it or trade cause its legit

zapdragon14
20th February 2008, 12:11 AM
that seems real... keep it or trade cause its legit

Ok thanks, I'll probably use it as bait,

but I'll keep the masterball :p

kodochakhfan
20th February 2008, 2:07 AM
D= sorry about not being active lots of homework >_>" But Now I'm back so I'll continue scanning the GTS and the such : D

TheElusiveMike
20th February 2008, 2:37 AM
I'll join to,i know you,have been traded hacked pokemans and still owe you a favor :)

firewall
20th February 2008, 5:23 AM
Hey! Hi 'the elusive mike'. Welcome aboard. If you are familiar with the procedures, go ahead and start!
LOL, you don't owe anything but I owe you your totodile so let me know when you are around.

kodochakhfan
20th February 2008, 5:29 AM
Hello mike, if I may call you that. : ) I wish you good luck in finding hacks!

HellDhampir
20th February 2008, 6:29 AM
i have not been on for a while but i have pokemon for the gts

Progress Report

Date: Feb. 12, 2008
Pokemon Obtained: Suicune lv100@timer ball
Analysis : Arrived at lv100 from distant land from LANC'S
Decided Action pending

also has champion and national ribbon

John Light
20th February 2008, 9:44 AM
Progress Report
Date 21/02/08
Pokemon Entei level 52 @ fire stone
Analysis from Hoenn at level 52, caught in pokeball
Action: Not sure as it is unlikely that a legendary dog would be caught in a pokeball, but everything else looks legit

firewall
20th February 2008, 4:49 PM
Progress Report
Date 21/02/08
Pokemon Entei level 52 @ fire stone
Analysis from Hoenn at level 52, caught in pokeball
Action: Not sure as it is unlikely that a legendary dog would be caught in a pokeball, but everything else looks legit

what's the OT/ID number? It could be in such a ball if it is one of the event giveaway legendary dogs. Also, since the 'dogs' don't appear in hoenn it would have to either be from an event or a hack. Get back to us on the ID/OT ok?

Hi, helldamphir, was wondering where you were. Ok so a suicune with "distant land" on it should be from colloseum. Check for the ribbon that gets awarded from overcoming personal hardship or something like that.

Progress Report

Date: Feb 20/8
Pokemon Obtained from GTS: Jirachi lv. 20
Analysis: OT: JOE ID: 19030 Mining museum met @ lv. 20
Action taken: This one is obviously a hack and will be destroyed but still await for analyst's approval.

EDIT:

I took the time to bring the log forum up to date. While doing so, I found a mistake in judgement on feb 15/8 in where a japanese mew was condemned by Randomspot555 as he didn't realize the ID number is a WAVE mew ID. Accidents happen but this is why we need to wait for the go ahead on termination.

All I can say is since we ruined a rare legit mew, it is up to this club to make ameanse and replace it by cloning the next one we find that's legit and sending it back into the gts free.

John Light
20th February 2008, 8:08 PM
Heres the OT and ID

OT DDED
ID 63687

Pretty sure its a hack

firewall
20th February 2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah, you are probably right.

Progress report

Date: Feb 20
Obtained from gts: celebi lv.58
Analysis: OT: ASH, ID: 13859, Great ball, Kanto
Action: Pending destruction upon approval.

Jean de Kotennoh.
21st February 2008, 1:00 AM
OH my goodness. *flails* Hey, guys, I've literally only got a few -seconds- online tonight; I'm only home for a few mintues and then I have a study session for my book-exam tomorrow. Sorry; Randomspot555, could you maybe hit a few of these for me? Your analyses seem reasonable to me. So far, everything that I've glanced on this page that people were wondering about looks hacked, but I honestly haven't the time. I'll be back in tomorrow!

Much sorrow,

~Jean

kodochakhfan
21st February 2008, 1:19 AM
OT DDED
ID 63687

Legendary dogs can be caught in pokeballs throughn kanto, you sure it's from hoenn and not transferred through pal park?

Zieg
21st February 2008, 2:16 AM
Progress Report:
Date: 2/20/08
Pokemon: Serebii (Celebi, japanese text) lv. 50
Analysis: OT: jinota, ID: 05638, Hoenn- arrived at lv. 5, caught in Master ball, Oct. 21, 2099
Action Taken: Release upon approval

Progress Report:
Pokemon:Mew lv. 10
Analysis: OT: Aura, ID: 20078, Hoenn- arrived at lv. 10, caught in Pokeball, Sep. 6, 2007
Note: If you happen upon more than one shiny Giratina named 'Delta', it was clonned by the person who recieved it.

Progress Report:
Pokemon: Celebi, lv. 100
Analysis: OT: SEXY, ID: 23448, Hoenn- arrived at lv. 100, caught in master ball, Jul. 6, 2008
Note: Should someone keep an eye on the offerer of this pokemon (Romain)? He's sent out three clones of a jap. ageto celebi also.

The Latias had been sent back onto the GTS.
Had there been any other events that may have occured other than the one's listed on serebii.net? Only asking because of that 'almost perfect' hacked deoxys.

mrdurp4
21st February 2008, 5:13 AM
Progress Report:
Pokemon: Serebii (Celebi, japanese text) lv. 50
Analysis: OT: jinota, ID: 05638, Hoenn- arrived at lv. 5, caught in Master ball, Oct. 21, 2099

Progress Report:
Pokemon:Mew lv. 10
Analysis: OT: Aura, ID: 20078, Hoenn- arrived at lv. 10, caught in Pokeball, Sep. 6, 2007
Note: If you happen upon more than one shiny Giratina named 'Delta', it was clonned by the person who recieved it.

Progress Report:
Pokemon: Celebi, lv. 100
Analysis: OT: SEXY, ID: 23448, Hoenn- arrived at lv. 100, caught in master ball, Jul. 6, 2008
Note: Should someone keep an eye on the offerer of this pokemon (Romain)? He's sent out three clones of a jap. ageto celebi also.

The Latias had been sent back onto the GTS.
Had there been any other events that may have occured other than the one's listed on serebii.net? Only asking because of that 'almost perfect' hacked deoxys.

the two celebis are fakes but the mew is legit. and iif you dont want it ill take it off your hands

firewall
22nd February 2008, 4:33 AM
progress report

Date: Feb 21/8
Obtained from GTS: Jirachi, lv.20
Analysis: OT: Nick, ID: 18531, regular ball, mining museum.
Action taken: Destroyed upon approval.

mrdurp4
22nd February 2008, 4:41 AM
progress report

Date: Feb 21/8
Obtained from GTS: Jirachi, lv.20
Analysis: OT: Nick, ID: 18531, regular ball, mining museum.
Action taken: Destroyed upon approval.

kill it... its a hack

John Light
22nd February 2008, 1:14 PM
Progress Report

Date 22/02/08
Pokemon Obtained Charizard level 86 OT: M4STeR
Analysis pokeball, hatched at level 1 in Floraroma Town asking for male electrivire
Action Taken: put back on GTS

Date 22/02/08
Pokemon Obtained Raikou level 40 @ Rowap Berry OT: EWE
Analysis: I think Rowap berry is the hacking only one, therefore likley that item and possibly pokemon is hacked
Action Taken: Awaiting Response, prepared to dispose

Zieg
22nd February 2008, 4:42 PM
Progress Report

Date 22/02/08
Analysis: I think Rowap berry is the hacking only one, therefore likley that item and possibly pokemon is hacked

yeah, as far as i know Rowap berries, Jaboca berries, Micle berries, and Custap berries aren't available yet. So the item, yes get rid of it. but what about the Raikou- where was it caught and it's ID?

firewall
22nd February 2008, 5:23 PM
Progress report

Date: Feb 22/8
Obtained from gts: Jirachi lv.100
Analysis: japanese text, regular ball, post pokerus, ID: 30719, hoenn
Action taken: Donated, this is a legit Negai boshi (wishing star) jirachi as by the ID number.

John Light
22nd February 2008, 5:39 PM
The Raikou was from Hoenn at level 40

ID: 49985

I am almost certain it is fake because it was equiped with a fake berry, showing that the owner was no stranger to hacks

Jean de Kotennoh.
22nd February 2008, 11:00 PM
Okay, first off, let me say this. We -seriously- need some other folks to help as Analysts, because this is staggeringly overwhelming (and add it my overwhelming schoolwork... I might simply keel over and die, mates).

So, really - any volunteers at all? It's -really- not that hard, the only problem I've had is the ENORMOUS number of Pokémon needing to be verified. If we had a dedicated staff of three or four Analysts, though, that wouldn't be a problem. So... please, someone else volunteer to help this poor Frenchman out! That's also why I haven't been using the analysis form... sorry, but if I did my posts would be about 20,000 characters long. *shot* J'AI BESOIN D'AIDE ! >_<

*headdesks* I'll do the ones I see on this page, and then edit this post with the ones on the previous page, kay? Kay.

~~~

Date 22/02/08

Destroy it. =P I say this only because of the berry equipment; anyone putting out a -real- Raikou wouldn't need to sell it off like so, no? No.

Okay, wow... that's the only one on this page. Give me just one second to edit with the ones from the other page, kay?

EDIT: Nevermind. Murdrp4 took care of them. Thank you SO MUCH, mate! I'm gonna start logging things on our log-forum later this evening, okay? *sigh of relief* I can breathe again...

firewall
23rd February 2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks Jean de kotennoh. I know you are busy. Murdrp4 does do some analysis and randomspot555 also is supposed to.
I did update the guardian forum up to about feb 19 or 20th? You will see that there

Progress report

Date: feb 22/8
Obtained from gts: jirachi lv.17
Analysis: OT: girly ID: 58469, hoenn, masterball.
Action taken: obvious hack, it presently sleeps with the fishes.

Jean: just curious, are you in france or quebec? All the french makes me curious to ask.

randomspot555
23rd February 2008, 1:50 AM
Which posts need verification? I lost track. Looks to me that everything on page 6 was verifyed. Anything from this post on, for the rest of the night, I'll try to field. IF your post went unanswered, please repost it.

I did some cloning with a lvl 100 Mew for GTS fodder and also some link trades I'd like looked at. Nothing overtly valuable traded away so I didn't lose anything this time.

Firewall, I can give back your Mew any time. I'll keep checking the forums for a PM so we can trade back tonight, even though I know they're constantly down.

This Mew is not in the Events Gamefaqs guide according to it's ID #

OT: CORY
lvl 10 in a Ultra Ball
from Hoenn arrived at lvl 33
EVs aren't anything particularly amazing
Verdict: Destroyed upon verification.

Shiny Palkia JApanese lvl 47 with some experience
OT Japanese name
ID# 41534
Met at Spear Pillar
Apparently met at lvl 47
Hardy Nature

Moveset:
Water Pulse
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Special Rand

Nothing really strange about Palkia ecept that it's in a regular Poke ball.

Verdict: Awaiting verdict

Then there's shiny Lugia with Pokerus:
lvl 53
OT: Jeff
54145 ID#
Mild nature from distant land
Apparently met at lvl 50

Aeroblast
Surf
Fire Punch
Fly

Inside a purple and gray ball, I think Master Ball.

Verdict: Awaiting verdict.

mrdurp4
23rd February 2008, 1:55 AM
ok people, to make things easier. events are allways in POKEballs never masterballs. and if its a newer event then its in a cherishball. legendarys are usually caught either at lvl 50 or lvl 70

randomspot555
23rd February 2008, 2:16 AM
ok people, to make things easier. events are allways in POKEballs never masterballs. and if its a newer event then its in a cherishball. legendarys are usually caught either at lvl 50 or lvl 70

but some legends can be caught both as events (Space C Deoxys) and with an event item in-game (Birth Island Deoxys). Deoxys and Mew, in-game catches, are both lvl 30. As there are exceptions to every rule, this club is to help sort through it all.

EDIT: While browsing the GTS, I once again saw something weird. IT's supposed to be stock photos of the offered Pokemon (shinys shouldn't look different from regular), but I saw two shiny Deoxys while browsing the Deoxys.

atlasbeta
23rd February 2008, 3:12 AM
i would like to help i can b an Analysts if u can send me some web pages to look at info i have a couple but more site would help i have gotten a few hacked pokemon so this is a good idea i try and look up info on all the pokemon i have gotten specailly rare ones so i know its legit i would also like to join to trade for rare pokemon

kodochakhfan
23rd February 2008, 3:13 AM
EDIT: While browsing the GTS, I once again saw something weird. IT's supposed to be stock photos of the offered Pokemon (shinys shouldn't look different from regular), but I saw two shiny Deoxys while browsing the Deoxys.

I saw 1 of those too, It wanted a something I didn't have though =/

mrdurp4
23rd February 2008, 3:37 AM
Which posts need verification? I lost track. Looks to me that everything on page 6 was verifyed. Anything from this post on, for the rest of the night, I'll try to field. IF your post went unanswered, please repost it.

I did some cloning with a lvl 100 Mew for GTS fodder and also some link trades I'd like looked at. Nothing overtly valuable traded away so I didn't lose anything this time.

Firewall, I can give back your Mew any time. I'll keep checking the forums for a PM so we can trade back tonight, even though I know they're constantly down.

lvl 10 in a Ultra Ball

OT Japanese name
ID# 41534
Met at Spear Pillar
Apparently met at lvl 47
Hardy Nature

Moveset:
Water Pulse
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Special Rand

lvl 53
54145 ID#
Apparently met at lvl 50

Aeroblast
Surf
Fire Punch
Fly

all excep the mew is hax. the mew may be a far away island mew

randomspot555
23rd February 2008, 3:47 AM
all excep the mew is hax. the mew may be a far away island mew

What makes you so sure about Palkia? That it's shiny AND in a Poke ball? I've seen legendaries caught in Pokeballs before. It isn't common at all but it happens.

And I thought Faraway Island was at lvl 30, not 10.

kodochakhfan
23rd February 2008, 4:48 AM
Progress Report
Date:2/21 when I found
Pokemon Obtained: Jirachi
Analysis (ID number, OT, Encounter Location):
ID=01037
OT=Japanese name
Caught in master ball
Lvl5
Arrived from KANTO
Decided Action: I'm thinking... Destroy the obvious hack.

Ghett0
23rd February 2008, 4:56 AM
May I join as an analyst?

-Ghett0

EDIT:

lvl 10 in a Ultra Ball

OT Japanese name
ID# 41534
Met at Spear Pillar
Apparently met at lvl 47
Hardy Nature

Moveset:
Water Pulse
Ancient Power
Dragon Claw
Special Rand

lvl 53
54145 ID#
Apparently met at lvl 50

Aeroblast
Surf
Fire Punch
Fly

Lugia doesn't look legit. I question the "apparently met". None of my transfers say that.

randomspot555
23rd February 2008, 5:15 AM
May I join as an analyst?

-Ghett0

EDIT:

Lugia doesn't look legit. I question the "apparently met". None of my transfers say that.

Apparently met only means traded.

mrdurp4
23rd February 2008, 5:33 AM
What makes you so sure about Palkia? That it's shiny AND in a Poke ball? I've seen legendaries caught in Pokeballs before. It isn't common at all but it happens.

And I thought Faraway Island was at lvl 30, not 10.

lol i forgot to mention that... the palkia is real... and what do you mean. i said the mew is real

Slick
23rd February 2008, 5:41 AM
This actually seems like a fun idea. If I get the time I may participate as my R4 has Action Replay capabilities.

randomspot555
23rd February 2008, 5:46 AM
lol i forgot to mention that... the palkia is real... and what do you mean. i said the mew is real

I forgot to mention: Everything is in English (the Mew), so if it is from Faraway Island, it's likely someone hacked the item..

mrdurp4
23rd February 2008, 6:45 AM
I forgot to mention: Everything is in English (the Mew), so if it is from Faraway Island, it's likely someone hacked the item..

i find that to be legit. as long as you got to the island and threw the ball its legit

John Light
23rd February 2008, 10:11 AM
Okay, first off, let me say this. We -seriously- need some other folks to help as Analysts, because this is staggeringly overwhelming (and add it my overwhelming schoolwork... I might simply keel over and die, mates).

So, really - any volunteers at all? It's -really- not that hard, the only problem I've had is the ENORMOUS number of Pokémon needing to be verified. If we had a dedicated staff of three or four Analysts, though, that wouldn't be a problem. So... please, someone else volunteer to help this poor Frenchman out! That's also why I haven't been using the analysis form... sorry, but if I did my posts would be about 20,000 characters long. *shot* J'AI BESOIN D'AIDE ! >_<

*headdesks* I'll do the ones I see on this page, and then edit this post with the ones on the previous page, kay? Kay.

Hi I was wondering whether I could become an analyst, I know some of the major events OT and number of the ones I have.

Progress Report:
Date 23/02/08
Pokemon Obtained Shiny Palkia level 45, OT: HAHAHA
Analysis: Obviously fake
Action Taken: Deleted

zapdragon14
23rd February 2008, 6:41 PM
Progress report:

Date: 23/2/08
Pokemon obtained: japanese Zapdos lv.50, caught in a pokeball
Analysis: UT quiet nature, IDno.32058
action taken: pending

seems ok, except that it was caught in a pokeball, plus it has darn good IV's

firewall
23rd February 2008, 8:24 PM
New members:

Ghetto and atlasbeta, welcome. For those of you who wish to be analysts, first research the relevant information and receive some training from the present analysts first as the attempt on the previous page was faulty.

slick: I read your post and you mentioned having AR capability, don't you realize we are ANTI-AR? We are destroying hacks, not making them. Having said that, you can post an appeal to clarify your intentions and then we may include you.

Hi, ok John light, if you want to be an analyst that's fine. You must familiarize yourself with all the details of determining legit events you can. Maybe you can have Jean share some info with you.

zapdragon14: ok, you don't need to put the nature or UT. The relevant info we need is: ID/OT, location caught or region pal parked, language, ball type, level etc.
About that Zapdos, can you tell us where they said it was caught?, and a OT? I checked the event page and none were given out in japan for special events SO, it has to say from "kanto" or some indication of XD, gale of darkness in order to be legit.

@ murdrp4 and randomspot: the palkia's location and level checks out and maybe the ball choice was dumb luck. I'd pass it.
The lugia has "distant land" on it so it could be an XD gale of darkness one. So hold that for confirmation.
The mew: a Faraway island mew would be JAPANESE only, the old sea chart wasn't given outside of japan. I guess you would have to decide whether you accept item hacking or not but I would reject it.
Not all legends are in normal balls, some are caught such as deoxys and the bird trio, dog trio. The cherish ball is for some new events and pokemon in cherish balls CAN'T go on the gts. I figured that by noticing that all cherish ball events on the event list also had a note that it couldn't be found on gts.

Progress Report

Date: Feb 23/8
Obtained from gts: celebi lv.26
Analysis: OT: cherie, ID: 34638, kanto, masterball.
Action Taken: Destruction.

Progress report
Date: feb 23/8
Obtained from gts: Jirachi lv.20
Analysis: OT: rekker! ID: 30585, mining museum, regular ball.
Action taken: Destruction

Progress report
Date: feb 23/8
Obtained from gts: celebi lv.100
Analysis OT: David, ID: 55062, masterball, kanto, post pokerus.
Action taken: Destruction

I recently came accross disturbing information. It seems the hackers have codes that allow them to create pokemon that can bypass the PBR filter as well as bestow characteristics that make it look legit, like that deoxys we debated earlier.

when the forum is working better for me, I will try to update our hack number in post one.

Good job so far guys!

zapdragon14
23rd February 2008, 8:41 PM
The zapdos' OT is japanese and it arrived from kanto at lv.50

randomspot555
23rd February 2008, 11:36 PM
The zapdos' OT is japanese and it arrived from kanto at lv.50

The IVs can be tossed up to luck of the catch. There is nothing really suspicious about the hack. Without handing it over to someone familiar with Pokesav, it passes.

I recently came accross disturbing information. It seems the hackers have codes that allow them to create pokemon that can bypass the PBR filter as well as bestow characteristics that make it look legit, like that deoxys we debated earlier.

I'm not familiar with these methods, but I've heard this is true. Head over to the Gamefaqs forum and one of the often requested requirments for hacks is "must work on PBR."

firewall
23rd February 2008, 11:53 PM
I'm not familiar with these methods, but I've heard this is true. Head over to the Gamefaqs forum and one of the often requested requirments for hacks is "must work on PBR."[/QUOTE]

I have an account in a forum that supports cheat devices (I don't and I joined for different reasons, mainly the Q and A sections). Anyway, I run a free breeding center there in the trade forum. I read some of the other request threads and one such thread had a LONG code that the poster wanted activated. When the AR user asked what it was supposed to be, the guy answered that it was a salemence that was PBR compatable. Also, I have seen many people ask for things that "are able to trade on gts" or "look legit with correct Id".

Jean de Kotennoh.
24th February 2008, 1:30 AM
Yes, it's very much a sad thing, all the dishonesty which is spreading around the world of competitive Pokémon. *sighs deeply* But, what can we say?

Heya, John Light! *does a frantic dance* SURE!!! I'll send you a few things in a bit, just let me get it all compiled. There's actually one source that I use above all others, but still... oh wait. I had an idea (whatcha think, firewall? ---> )

NOTE TO ALL WHO WISH TO BECOME AN ANALYST:

I'm going to spend this evening and tomorrow (and more time if I need) assembling a guide of sorts to analyzing the legitimacy of Pokémon. If you wish to become an Analyst, I will gladly send this guide to you. Afterwards, I will give you some time to familiarize yourself with it, and then we'll give you a tiny little test of sorts, just to see how well you'd do. Probably just something like telling whether a Pokémon we "made up" was fake or legit. Something simple, just to make sure you're confident about it.

Some people - like John Light - seem to know what they're doing anyway, so maybe not everyone will get tested. Who knows. It's just a newly-born idea right now. What do the rest of you guys think? We can discuss it on the Log Forum or in PM if you wish. I'm going to get started on that guide very soon. =D

Firewall, je viens de la belle France, mais j'habite maintenant aux USA. I'm from lovely France, but I'm living in the USA right now. =]

randomspot555
24th February 2008, 5:27 AM
Anybody who wants to be an analyst, please familiarize yourself with the Gamefaqs Events guide linked throughout this thread. It has info on just about every event done. If someone claims to have some super secret event, they are either lying/hacking (likely) or are misinformed (not likely).

John Light
24th February 2008, 9:59 AM
Progress report
date: 24/02/08
pokemon: obtained zapdos level 65, OT Japanese name
analysis: from Hoenn at level at level 40, stats are normal, caught in timer ball
Action taken: On later date going to put back on GTS

date: 24/02/08
pokemon obtained: Mew level 10 OT AURA
Analysis: from Hoenn at level 7, caught in pokeball
Action taken: Obviously fake, as I have a legit aura mew myself and they are level 10, the OT is not in Block Capitals (despite what it says on serebii.net), but the hacker obviously made an effort to decieve people, but made the error of catching it at level 7

firewall
24th February 2008, 6:37 PM
Yes, it's very much a sad thing, all the dishonesty which is spreading around the world of competitive Pokémon. *sighs deeply* But, what can we say?

Heya, John Light! *does a frantic dance* SURE!!! I'll send you a few things in a bit, just let me get it all compiled. There's actually one source that I use above all others, but still... oh wait. I had an idea (whatcha think, firewall? ---> )

NOTE TO ALL WHO WISH TO BECOME AN ANALYST:

I'm going to spend this evening and tomorrow (and more time if I need) assembling a guide of sorts to analyzing the legitimacy of Pokémon. If you wish to become an Analyst, I will gladly send this guide to you. Afterwards, I will give you some time to familiarize yourself with it, and then we'll give you a tiny little test of sorts, just to see how well you'd do. Probably just something like telling whether a Pokémon we "made up" was fake or legit. Something simple, just to make sure you're confident about it.

Some people - like John Light - seem to know what they're doing anyway, so maybe not everyone will get tested. Who knows. It's just a newly-born idea right now. What do the rest of you guys think? We can discuss it on the Log Forum or in PM if you wish. I'm going to get started on that guide very soon. =D

Firewall, je viens de la belle France, mais j'habite maintenant aux USA. I'm from lovely France, but I'm living in the USA right now. =]

I think a guide and some formal training is a very good idea. Do that please, a standard will surely help us.
Ah, France. I guessed quebec as you speak both english and french well. That's cool. I'm Canadian myself.

Progress report

Date: feb 24/8
Obtained from gts: jirachi lv.20 nicknamed Bethleem
Analysis: regular ball, mining museum, OT: santa, ID: 24127.
Action taken: destruction (although it being personalized makes me feel bad)

atlasbeta
25th February 2008, 2:27 AM
yah a guide would b good to help us new ppl get familiar to id fakes i have also heard that there r ppl givin out trainin for pokesav but the only thing with that is the secret idea that comes with each new game cant b hacked so if the pokemon u receive cant b traded for one searched it could b hacked depending if its a legendary or event those r special case pokemon

firewall
25th February 2008, 2:36 AM
Hi atlasbeta, still want to be an analyst? Plz ask Jean de kotennoh for the guide and randomspot for the gamefaq's link. Also, study the serebii.net event only list right down to which platform each was issued on. Right now you are an Analysit trainee. Welcome aboard.

John Light
25th February 2008, 6:17 PM
Progress report
Date:25/02/08
Pokemon Obtained: Shiny Mantine level 1 in Pokeball OT:HALLO
Analysis: hatched at level 1 in Jubilife City, seems legit
Action taken: kept

Date:25/02/08
Pokemon Obtained: Mew level 9 in great ball OT:JOE
Analysis: from hoenn at level 3
Action taken: obviously fake, so destroyed

firewall
26th February 2008, 12:26 AM
Ok, it has been a busy day for hack hunting for me!

Progress Report

Date:Feb 25/8
Obtained from gts: Mew lv.39
Analysis: OT: japanese name, ID: 50716, hoenn, regular ball
Action taken: The ID and japanese naming reveals it is a wave mew. Cloned and returned to gts.

Progress Report

Date: Feb25/8
Obtained from gts: Jirachi, lv.46
Analysis: OT: WISHMKR, ID: 20048, reg ball, hoenn
Action taken: Legit wishmaker jirachi, used to pull out another that was on offer which I suspected as a hack.

Progress report

Obtained from gts: Jirachi lv.30
Analysis: OT: justin ID: 39435, masterball, kanto
Action taken: Destroyed.

Progress report

Date; Feb 25/8
Obtained from gts: Jirachi lv.31
Analysis: OT: david, ID: 25734, ultra ball, kanto nicknamed: 'sandan'

Progress report

Date: feb25/8
Obtained from gts: celebi lv.76
Analysis: OT: 10 ANIV ID: 00010, regular ball, hoenn.
Action taken: Legit and will be cloned and original, donated.

Remember how earlier we were commenting on how 'dishonest' some people are? Well, on the other forum where I had one of my breeding centers, someone had opened a thread appealing for 'help' to get pokemon he needed for his dex because his wifi access was coming to an end. Well, among some others I agreed to help, giving out a chikorita egg, cyndaquil, jirachi and mew. The day after he was supposed to lose his wifi, I found him arranging wifi trades! When questioned he said that his new internet access had wifi and he didn't know. Yeah, right. I have since closed my center there and have no intention of further offering anything over there. Tired of the lies and hacking that goes on there.

randomspot555
26th February 2008, 1:45 AM
Was it Gamefaqs?

eeveerose
26th February 2008, 5:01 AM
yea, its time we take a stand i think

I have found many hacked pokemon
my brother got a shiny lugia off there
that screwed up his game
he had to restart
he sobbed and sobbed
(pooor 8 year old , lost his favorite blastoise)
I wanna prevent that

so to start

Progress Report
Date: February 20th, 2008
Pokemon Obtained: shiny espeon
Analysis Id no was :00001 OT was : DAMN (ya thays his name 0_0')
It was a fateful encounter, in a masterball in route 400 (does that even exist?..)
Decided Action release

May i join?

kodochakhfan
26th February 2008, 6:19 AM
Progress Reports!
Date: February 23rd, 2008
Pokemon Obtained: Shiny Eevee
Analysis Id no was:39060(or something like it)
OT: YELLOW
Caught at lvl 1, by ultra ball in wayward cave.
Me already destroyed

Progress Report
Date: February 25th, 2008
Pokemon Obtained: lvl 100 Charizard
Analysis is no: something fake, like 00001 @_@
OT was : Japanese
Came from kanto, the usual. But in masterball. >.<
Action taken: Annihilated

Oh btw, firewall, The one above me, Eeveerose is a good friend of mine who would be really useful here, I reccomend letting her join =D
;211; Qwilfish has spoken ;211;

atlasbeta
26th February 2008, 7:28 AM
kodochakhfan i got a suicune and a raikou one i got from my firered version and the other off of gts one at level 74 and the other at level 80 i think if u can i would trade for a cloned deoxs and celebi if u know how 2 due it if not let me know what u got to trade

randomspot555
26th February 2008, 2:19 PM
kodochakhfan i got a suicune and a raikou one i got from my firered version and the other off of gts one at level 74 and the other at level 80 i think if u can i would trade for a cloned deoxs and celebi if u know how 2 due it if not let me know what u got to trade

Please learn to type correctly. "You", not "u" and proper nouns get capitalized.

Also, this isn't a trading thread. Go to the trading board or take it to PM.

John Light
26th February 2008, 5:41 PM
progress report
date 26/02/08
pokemon obtained celebi level 40 OT ROSA
Analysis: obviously fake as it was caught in mt coronet
action taken: destroyed

date 26/02/08
pokemon obtained dialga level 100 OT TIMO
Analysis: seems legit, caught at level 47 at spear pillar
action taken: put back on gts

firewall
26th February 2008, 6:39 PM
Welcome aboard eeveerose! Good to have you. Yeah, no espeon would have 'fateful encounter' and that route?? Bleh!

Anyway, so I am guessing you will be a hunter. Remeber, when you aren't sure, wait for an analyst's verdict.

atlasbeta: I can't understand what you say half the time and randomspot555 is right, this is not a trade thread. You current posts are not relevant.

Progress report

Obtained from gts: celebi lv.51
Analysis: masterball, OT: in japanese, ID: 55498, hoenn, pokerus.
Action taken: Destroyed, masterball is dead giveaway.

Progress report

Obtained from gts: celebi, lv.57
Analysis: OT: robert, ID: 28510, masterball, pokerus, hoenn
Action taken: Destroyed

Progress report

Obtained from gts: celebi lv.12
Analysis: masterball, OT:nick ID: 35339, kanto
Action taken: destroyed.

two of these i took from offers on the gts and one was sent! Epidemic? I think so.

I will update our find number sometime today.

atlasbeta
27th February 2008, 4:28 AM
sorry i was waiting for a responce on the guide and looking at the links. i was just wondering if he wanted to trade didnt mean to get off subject i well try and to keep a eye out for progress reports that need verdicts and give my input

firewall
27th February 2008, 5:22 AM
That's ok, you didn't know. I think a response for the guide will be awhile as he is currently busy. Study the serebii.net event only listings page as most events are there. Remember, don't render a verdict unless you are sure or have researched it enough to be sure.
Welcome aboard atlasbeta.

randomspot555
27th February 2008, 2:18 PM
I actually did send him the link to the guide and told him to read the thread, which I've also linked the guide in and contains a lot of useful information.

firewall, maybe you could update the OP with a few basic things, such as "3rd gen events only come in Pokeballs," a link to the Gamefaqs guide, etc...

John Light
27th February 2008, 4:30 PM
progress report
date 27/02/08
pokemon obtained flareon level 100 with pkrs OT: FAKE
analysis caught in great ball from kanto at level 26
action taken: as OT suggests fake so delted

date 27/02/08
pokemon obtained giratina level 16 OT: BadB01
analysis caught in pokeball in trophy garden
action taken: deleted

date 27/02/08
pokemon obtained mew level 28 OT: Aura
analysis: from hoenn at level 10 in pokeball
action taken: pretty sure its legit as trainer number matches my Aura mews, put back on GTS

firewall
27th February 2008, 9:31 PM
I actually did send him the link to the guide and told him to read the thread, which I've also linked the guide in and contains a lot of useful information.

firewall, maybe you could update the OP with a few basic things, such as "3rd gen events only come in Pokeballs," a link to the Gamefaqs guide, etc...

As soon as I can, I will start putting comprehensive reports to follow on the guardian forum.

Progress report

Date: Feb 27/8
Obtained from gts: Jirachi lv.20
Analysis: OT: angel, ID: 25014, regular ball, mining museum.

progress report

Date: Feb 27/8
Obtained from gts: celebi lv.10
Analysis: OT: in japanese, ID: 45652, masterball, kanto

John Light
28th February 2008, 5:31 PM
progress report
date 28/02/08
pokemon obtained celebi level 2 OT:Resi
Analysis: caught in ultra ball from Kanto at level 2

date 28/02/08
pokemon obtained magmorter level 50 OT: PKTOPIA
Analysis: same as my PKTOPIA magmorter, just without the charcoal
action taken: put back on GTS

firewall
29th February 2008, 12:12 AM
Progress report

Date: feb28/8
Obtained from gts: mew lv.67
Analysis: regular ball, hoenn, OT: in japanese ID: 50716
Action taken: It is a legit wave mew. It has been used in contests and E4 but appears to have been used as a HM slave in D/P. I have removed the hms and restored some moves but not sure what to do with it now. I don't want it to end up a HM slave again so unsure if I should send it back or donate it.

I would likely want to hand it over to someone who doesn't have a mew and can't get one (and doesn't mind that it's name is in japanese).

randomspot555
29th February 2008, 9:31 PM
If no one else wants the Mew, I'll take it.

I got a bunch of clones of some rare Pokes, so maybe I'll be able to get some junk off the GTS.

EDIT: I traded for a supposed far away island mew, I want you guys to go over it and see what you can tell me.

Suspected legit Faraway Island Mew
Date: Feb 29
Obtained: via link-trade (I hope this is okay, but I trust you guys more than the "ways to tell a pokemon is hacked" thread), Japanese Mew lvl 46.
Analysis: Master ball, from Hoenn: OT: In Japanese, ID: 15188. "Arrived at lv. 30"
Action Taken: Kept upon second opinion that it's legit. Otherwise, will be released.

Suspected legit shiny Ditto:
Date: Fe 29
Obtained: via-link trade at lvl 72 in Japanese
Analysis: Great ball, from Kanto. OT: Japanese. ID# 10705, "arrived at 67".
Action Taken: I vaguely remember catching a Ditto in the wild in Fire Red, but I wanted to run it past someone here.

firewall
1st March 2008, 1:19 AM
If no one else wants the Mew, I'll take it.

I got a bunch of clones of some rare Pokes, so maybe I'll be able to get some junk off the GTS.

EDIT: I traded for a supposed far away island mew, I want you guys to go over it and see what you can tell me.

Suspected legit Faraway Island Mew
Date: Feb 29
Obtained: via link-trade (I hope this is okay, but I trust you guys more than the "ways to tell a pokemon is hacked" thread), Japanese Mew lvl 46.
Analysis: Master ball, from Hoenn: OT: In Japanese, ID: 15188. "Arrived at lv. 30"
Action Taken: Kept upon second opinion that it's legit. Otherwise, will be released.

Suspected legit shiny Ditto:
Date: Fe 29
Obtained: via-link trade at lvl 72 in Japanese
Analysis: Great ball, from Kanto. OT: Japanese. ID# 10705, "arrived at 67".
Action Taken: I vaguely remember catching a Ditto in the wild in Fire Red, but I wanted to run it past someone here.

Ditto are available in fire red, the route where there is also chansey near fuscia city. So that may be fine.

The mew will be tricky.......well, the fact that it is japanese is a good sign as they did get the old sea chart event, hoenn is right as well. As it is caught on faraway island the id/ot don't matter. The 'arrived at lv.30' has me wondering, since faraway mew don't come lower than lv.30 we would have to assume that the original owner never used it until it was sent to d/p. When you say "link trade" do you mean it says link trade on the memo? I have had link trades for my celebi and it still says hoenn, it would only say link trade on the memo if it was in an egg. I know that because I have had some link traded eggs and that's the only time it says 'link trade' on the memo.

randomspot555
1st March 2008, 4:09 AM
^^I just said "obtained via link trade" because it was a wi-fi direct trade, not a GTS trade. It still only says "Date, Hoenn, nature, etc...]

EDIT: Somebody accused me of hacking because my E4ALL Manaphy had a date of Oct. 18 instead of Oct. 19, 2007 (when the event was held). All that means, to me, is someone set their date wrong, right?

eeveerose
1st March 2008, 5:17 AM
glad to be here :D

Progress report

Date: 29th of february, 2008
Obtained from gts: Lv 100 lugia
Analysis: question marks that covered my screen when i put it in my party ( had to shut off, so i couldnt see its ID or stats.. and it was so unexpected... )
Action taken: well heck ya i released it
it could have killed my game
must have been a real virus pokemon
i heard of those, hackers make them
for fun
to destroy others games
so watch out for screen filling question mark pokemon
they look normal
but they arent

oh and doesnt it drive u insane how people ask for mew lv 9 and under?
i mean, thats not legit

im putting a shiny (cloned through GTS, so i still have my original) chaizard lv 100, asking for a palkia lv 9 and under
hopefully i can get one, and destroy it so someone else wont

firewall
1st March 2008, 5:31 AM
Whoa, eeveerose, did you ever get a bad hack or what! At least thanks to you, it won't hit some unsuspecting soul. Good job. I never heard of 'virus hacks' before this. Hey, I was sadened by your story about your lil' bro's blastoise, I could breed him a new squirtle free to make up for that.

Randomspot555: Ok, if the ID/OT, ball, etc check out it is ok. The time thing can come down to people incorrectly setting their clocks or changing them. If the original recipient had his game a day behind then anything he gets will be set based on his DS's calendar therefore the event may be behind.
Also, some countries are a day behind/ahead our time zone as well. I found out that canadian friday is actually saturday in australia, for example. What I got from that guy would be a day ahead of my clock.

If the factual evidence is clean, I say your manaphy is clear.

John Light
1st March 2008, 9:13 AM
Ditto are available in fire red, the route where there is also chansey near fuscia city. So that may be fine.

You can also find them in the cerulean cave, at about that level, that is most likely where that one is from

progress report
date 01/03/08
pokemon obtained palkia level 54 caught at stark mountain OT: W00T
analysis: obviously fake

date 01/03/08
pokemon obtained shiny budew level 7 caught at route 207
analysis: pretty sure it is legit
action taken: kept

randomspot555
1st March 2008, 9:28 AM
I think this might be the Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur glitch, but I'm not sure.

Your game won't be destroyed, since each time you save, the game makes TWO saves. This is how the cloning glitch works

Progress report

Analysis: question marks that covered my screen when i put it in my party ( had to shut off, so i couldnt see its ID or stats.. and it was so unexpected... )
for fun
to destroy others games
they look normal
but they arent

i mean, thats not legit

im putting a shiny (cloned through GTS, so i still have my original) chaizard lv 100, asking for a palkia lv 9 and under

firewall
1st March 2008, 6:12 PM
I have heard about that glitch, actually I heard it was something done by AR rather than a glitch. Got any info on it? We should know all we can about things like that which eeveerose found.

Randomspot555, so what'd you end up doing with that mew?

randomspot555
1st March 2008, 9:32 PM
I have heard about that glitch, actually I heard it was something done by AR rather than a glitch. Got any info on it? We should know all we can about things like that which eeveerose found.

Randomspot555, so what'd you end up doing with that mew?

It was a direct and fair trade. I'm keeping it. I'll add it to my Mew collection. I've got MYSTRY, Aura and now Faraway.

Bulbapedia has an article on Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur. And yes, it's only accessible via AR , but it's still classifyed as a glitch by the Bulbapedia people.

Regiman
2nd March 2008, 2:09 AM
Hey can I join?

I got a report aswell.

date 02/03/08
pokemon: Rayquaza
Arrived at: LV 71
analysis: Yep its A-OK
action taken:Put back on GTS

qwerty0805
2nd March 2008, 2:50 AM
Can i join, I haven't found any but i'll look

firewall
3rd March 2008, 12:13 AM
Hi Regiman and querty0805! welcome aboard! Please review the thread and rules to familiarize yourselves with the run of it.

OK, I have a huge report to submit when I have more time but for now I have some questions:

1. Where in the game is "mystery zone"? I found a manaphy that hatched at this location.

2. Have there been any more GBA japanese celebi events other than the ones listed on serebii.net?

I have two reports that require some extensive analysis, and others that don't.

The logs forum is behind, I will try to catch it up again when I have time but if murdrp4 or Jean de kotennoh could do some of it, that'd be cool.

ALL MEMBERS: you can all look at the log forum and register there. Not alot there yet but there will be. So, lets fill it up! PS: I am compiling event listings data in the analyst's lounge so uh, nobody touch that until I finish the main parts and then you all can add to it. I'll let ya know.

kodochakhfan
3rd March 2008, 12:25 AM
Hello new members! =D! Just saying hi loll >_>

randomspot555
3rd March 2008, 3:27 AM
1. Where in the game is "mystery zone"? I found a manaphy that hatched at this location.

The Mystery Zone, while an actual location inside the game, is only available using a walk through walls cheat that comes standard with many cheat devices available for the DS (Gameshark, Action Replay). It's also able to be done if you use a cheat and play D/P from an R4 (basically, you pirate games).

It's any area that isn't a town. Walk into a clump of trees off a path or in some water that you normally can't get to and the in-game location "Mystery Zone" appears.

As long as everything else about the ranger Manaphy checks out, it's legit. It just happened to be hatched in a location requiring a cheat to get to.

I had a Manaphy that was hatched in the place Shaymin is available, which is only through walk anywhere cheat or hacking the item can one get there.

People buy action replays more than just to hack pokes. They do it to have fun also.

2. Have there been any more GBA japanese celebi events other than the ones listed on serebii.net?

I haven't looked at Serebii's site for a while, but there are only 3 ways to get a legit Celebi:

Pre-order bonus disk of Japanese Colosseum (Agepo Celebi I think it's called, someone please correct me otherwise)
Some event in Taiwan.
Journey Across America (10 anniversary tour, but only in America. European events didn't get Celebi).

qwerty0805
3rd March 2008, 4:19 AM
1. Where in the game is "mystery zone"? I found a manaphy that hatched at this location
Mystery zone hatched pokemon are not definately hacked but they were hatched by a hacker, so just to be safe i think you should release it

kodochakhfan
3rd March 2008, 4:44 AM
Progress report

Date: 3/02/08
Obtained from Trade: Meganium lvl 48 Hacked
Analysis: Caught in Great ball, lvl 40 from distant land. Max contests stats, won a cool ribbon.
Action taken: Great balll gave it away, even if its from distant land, which I think means colleasuem or w/e its probably not legit, Plus th contest stats.
Im going to wait for a verdict from an analyst.

+If you want a magby with a magmarizer contact me, I have a friend who has some, thank you!

randomspot555
3rd March 2008, 4:54 AM
Mystery zone hatched pokemon are not definately hacked but they were hatched by a hacker, so just to be safe i think you should release it

Getting to the Mystery Zone does not mean you're a hacker. Simply purchasing an Action Replay and only using the codes that it comes with/that AR officially allow only let you do a few things:

1. Level up quickly.
2. Get an assortment of items.
3. Walk anywhere.
4. Get a lot of money.

There is also the glitch in the first pressings of the Japanese games that may let you into the Mystery Zone known as the Tweaking glitch.

Unless the Manaphy is not from Ranger or has extraordinary stats or an otherwise unavailable movepool, keep it. However, for the overtly concerned folks, mention that it was hatched in the mystery zone but it is a legit pokemon, just hatched while using a walk anywhere cheat.

firewall
3rd March 2008, 6:55 AM
I agree, the manaphy is fine since it comes from pokemon ranger, I only obtained it for bait. I find manaphy is good bait for most legends. My track record proves that.

Kodochakhfan: the meganium is fine! It is not a hack! If it says 'distant land' it is from colloseum and in there you can snag the bayleef with any ball. I know so since I also have one that I snagged and migrated myself.
Randomspot555: is doing the tweaking thing dangerous to my game? I am curious about glitches. (those that can be done in the confines of the game as I am anti-AR).
How does one use the tweaking glitch and what do we gain from it?

Progress report

Date Mar 2/8
Obtained from gts: Jirachi lv.27
Analysis: OT: Bryce ID: 59974, pokeball, mining museum.

Date: mar2/8
Obtained from gts: jirachi lv.7
Analysis: OT:AAAAAAA ID: 19294, hoenn, masterball.

Obtained from gts: jirachi lv.50
Analysis: OT: AAAAAAA ID: 19294, masterball, hoenn

The interesting thing with these two hacks are that the ID for the AAAAAAAA ones are all the same and the natures/ personality note are identical BUT.....the dates they were pal parked are nine months apart. I guess this cheat code delivers the exact same result for everyone?

Obtained from gts: celebi lv10
Analysis: OT: in japanese, ID: 60720, Pokeball, hoenn
Action taken: Pending analyst's verdict, the Pokeball and fact that I can't read the OT makes me uncertain.

Date: Mar2/8
Obtained from gts: Mew lv.30
Analysis; OT: jeyo, ID: 30874, masterball, hoenn, arrived @lv.30, exp bar is empty.
Action taken: Pending analyst's verdict.

Actually, I think that mew will be cause for debate since I know some will say it is a faraway mew but how do we know for sure? Since the OT is not japanese, the old sea chart would need to be hacked, so do we count pokemon as hacks if the event item was? I know some do and some people don't.

I need an analyst on this special case here, not filling a form as the circumstances are not the usual:

Lv.100 Leafeon, given to me when I was giving away pokemon. I have my own leafeon so wanted to use this one for bait.
Memo: may 17, 2007 Hearthome city. Apparently met at level 5.

The level and location seem ok as there is someone in hearthome who gives you an eevee.
The problem is that when I see someone asking for a leafeon and apply to trade I get this message: "that pokemon may not be offered for trade!"
So, what's the verdict. I wouldn't be surprised if it is phony, the one who gave it to me gave me two hacks when I was giving out free bred pokemon.

John Light
3rd March 2008, 4:14 PM
progress report:
date: 03/03/08
pokemon obtained: celebi level 8 from Hoenn level 8 OT: FWAHAHA
Analysis: fake, definately

date: 03/03/08
pokemon obtained: vespiqueen level 100 OT: LEWIS
analysis: caught in victory road, so fake

As for the mew, it could be a faraway one, other than that it is likely to be fake

Also, I believe if the item was hacked (ie azure flute, old sea chart) it should be counted as a fake

firewall
3rd March 2008, 5:15 PM
Yes but since the mew is not japanese than the item was likely hacked. It could be a faraway mew but if so, it was obtained illegally, plus there's no way to tell if it is not.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the celebi and leafeon?

eeveerose
3rd March 2008, 9:08 PM

Progress report

for fun
to destroy others games
they look normal
but they arent

i mean, thats not legit

Ya
virus pokemon.. please look out for them people

I remember its ot started with a Y but thats it

look out for suspicious lv 100 pokemon with an OT with the first letter Y
i know this wont be much help, but just look out

I got a lv 2 palkia 0_0'

progress report
date march 3rd, 2008
pokemon obtained palkia lv 2, OT W00T ( wasnt that the same as john lights palkia hack?)
analysis: Fakey.... seriously.. someone must be pretty dumb -_-' i mean, lv2?
action taken: BOOM DESTROYED

zapdragon14
3rd March 2008, 10:00 PM
er, question. Does a pokemon's sheen have anything to do with it being possibly hacked?

Just wondering, because I just obtained a rayquaza with ALOT of sheen.

eeveerose
3rd March 2008, 10:18 PM
I think sheen is like from pokemon blocks and poffins.. that means they fed it a lot i think but idk
what are the rayquazas stats?

randomspot555
3rd March 2008, 11:23 PM
Randomspot555: is doing the tweaking thing dangerous to my game? I am curious about glitches. (those that can be done in the confines of the game as I am anti-AR).

Tweaking is only a rumored glitch and I've personally never seen it done. But from what I remember about the Bulbapedia article, it basically makes a wall or an inaccessible ocean into a black pit and walking into that pit supposedly gets you to somehow capture Darkrai or Shaymin without hacking their items.

But this is only a rumored glitch, similar to the supposed Celebi glitch in Emerald.

But as with most D/P in-game glitches, this is only capable of being done in the first pressing of the Japanese release.

And to all: Pretty much ignore the "D/P Glitch" thread in the 4th gen forums. It's full of "When I go somewhere, the music changes!!!111111!!!1!!1!"

OT: AAAA stuff

From what I've read, these aren't necessarily hacked Pokemon. There is an unofficial AR code where you can capture other trainer's pokemon in-game. This increases the possibility of another AR caused glitch, the bad egg. To all interested in reading up on the bad egg, head over to Bulbapedia. Their glitch article section is pretty good.

Obtained from gts: celebi lv10
Analysis: OT: in japanese, ID: 60720, Pokeball, hoenn
Action taken: Pending analyst's verdict, the Pokeball and fact that I can't read the OT makes me uncertain.

The ID# matches up with the Celebi given out in Taiwan. Seems legit to me. I have the 10aniv celebi and the Japanese Colo Celebi, so you got yourself a good catch. Exact Japanese characters are hard to come by for OT Japanese events, so I usually don't worry about them too much and that most hackers aren't THAT creative to use real Japanese characters.

Date: Mar2/8
Obtained from gts: Mew lv.30
Analysis; OT: jeyo, ID: 30874, masterball, hoenn, arrived @lv.30, exp bar is empty.
Action taken: Pending analyst's verdict.

Actually, I think that mew will be cause for debate since I know some will say it is a faraway mew but how do we know for sure? Since the OT is not japanese, the old sea chart would need to be hacked, so do we count pokemon as hacks if the event item was? I know some do and some people don't.

Is the Mew's name in Japanese characters? If you want to trade, I have a Mew from a Japanese event I can compare it with but that's the best I can do.

Also, English name OT's do happen in Japanese games. However, English letters are in a different font than in the English games. Compare it to a Pokemon of yours and see if the font matches up.

Also, according to Bulbapedia, "In Generation III onward, Mew does not obey when found in the wild by use of a cheating device." Save the game, use it in a wild battle and see if it obeys you. If it doesn't obey you, it's a hacked Mew. If it does obey you (and follows the criteria I set out above), then it's probably a Faraway Island Mew. If it's legit, load the save so you'll have it untrained.

EDIT: It looks like you said the Mew isn't in Japanese. If so, check the font (compare it to your font for English letters). If it looks different, it's a nicknamed Faraway Mew. If it's in Japanese, the letters should be like this: ???

Lv.100 Leafeon, given to me when I was giving away pokemon. I have my own leafeon so wanted to use this one for bait.
Memo: may 17, 2007 Hearthome city. Apparently met at level 5.

The level and location seem ok as there is someone in hearthome who gives you an eevee.
The problem is that when I see someone asking for a leafeon and apply to trade I get this message: "that pokemon may not be offered for trade!"
So, what's the verdict. I wouldn't be surprised if it is phony, the one who gave it to me gave me two hacks when I was giving out free bred pokemon.

Even 4th event Pokes with the "mystery ribbon" keeping it off the GTS should have no problem being traded. And there is nothing in a direct trade that'll stop hacks from coming/going.

The only thing I can think of is this: Does this Pokemon have an HM move that only it knows? Try releasing it. If it comes back to you, go to the move deleter and delete whatever move it knows (probably Cut).

zapdragon14
3rd March 2008, 11:31 PM
I think sheen is like from pokemon blocks and poffins.. that means they fed it a lot i think but idk
what are the rayquazas stats?

Its stats are:

HP:346
Att:277
Def:216
Sp.att:333
Sp.def:209
Spd:220

I think its ok, everything else about it seems legit...

qwerty0805
3rd March 2008, 11:55 PM
Tweaking is only a rumored glitch and I've personally never seen it done.
tweaking is a real glitch and it has nothing to do with hacking

firewall
4th March 2008, 12:27 AM
The problem with leafeon is that it won't trade on GTS, direct trade is fine.

OT:AAAAAAA, these aren't event pokes and are done with AR so how can you say they're legit.

On the celebi, what event list are you looking at? I can't find that ID anywhere on the serebii event page. The only taiwan celebi I saw on serebii's event list is ID: 60623 and lv30 to start. Where did you see an event list that matches the one above?

I'll get on testing that mew, are you positive about the obedience test?

randomspot555
4th March 2008, 12:39 AM
tweaking is a real glitch and it has nothing to do with hacking

I never said it had anything to do with hacking.

To all interested in finding out more about Tweaking, here's a link:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tweaking

As to you, sir Firewall:

GTS does have some place guards against putting up hacked Pokes to trade, but that's all I know. I don't have specific info. If you can't put it up on GTS, there are only three situations it can happen:

1. It's a completely banned Pokemon (Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai).
2. It's a 4th gen event Pokemon with a ribbon from a "mysterious place." (by event, I mean some event you have to go to, not Pokemon Battle Revolution or Ranger Manaphy).
3. It's hacked (in the case of the Leafeon).

As to the Celebi, I just did a CTRL-F on the Gamefaq's guide . Serebii's event listing is kind of out of date and incomplete. The Gamefaq's guide has just about everything except Japanese OT.

I have a legit Japanese bonus disk Celebi I can compare it to during a trade by just looking at the summary if you'd like me to 100% confirm it, but the ID# checks out. As long as it's summary doesn't say something like "Apparently met", I'd say it's fine.

As to the Mew, it's only according to Bulbapedia. I've never had a fully hacked Mew to my knowledge (although now I kind of want to test the Mews I do have and find out if they are just really well done hacks).

firewall
4th March 2008, 1:06 AM
Thanks randomspot555, ok I heard that it is out of date ( the serebii event page) could you supply me with the link you used so I have something more updated to go by from now on. If the celebi ID and level matches the info you found, I will trust your word on that. I am going to compile a thorough guide in the guardian forums on events so we have updated reference Once I have put everything in place, I will ask you and kotennoh to review and help correct errors. I am going to include actual game pics.

The leafeon is hacked then, it's memo says 'apparently met' in hearthome, I compaired it to my hearthome eevee and it doesn't say "apparently" so something is off.

The mew obeyed. I returned it to the gts. I think we need to test the obedience theory next time we get a really awful hacked mew. It may be our only way of knowing.

I am glad that you had better info on that celebi or I'd be returning it to the gts......IN A CAN!

BTW: I am not a "sir' :p

Pokelover33
4th March 2008, 1:08 AM
HI, Can i join
I dont like hack pokemon, but wate about hacked events but May i join

randomspot555
4th March 2008, 1:19 AM
HI, Can i join
I dont like hack pokemon, but wate about hacked events but May i join

Hacked events are still hacks. Hackers have come up with the term "semi-legit" (hacked the item, caught the Pokemon normally) but it's still a hack.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/925601/48598

The only reason I'm saying Leafeon is a hack is because GTS won't accept it. I'm not familiar with Hearthome eevees, but shouldn't it have the data as if it was an egg hatch and not "apparently met", which indicates it's a wild poke encounter.

EDIT: Did some GTS trading with some clones I had lying around.

The Abra I traded a Deoxys for looks suspicious. The OT and ID# aren't important since it's not an event Pokemon, but I'll copy the summary page word-for-word:

Quiet nature
Mar 25, 2007
Link trade
Arrived at Lv. 7

It's experience points is so it is exactly at Lvl 7, but I guess rare candys could do that.

As far as I can tell, that means it was ported from a GBA game then given to someone, correct? It's just strange since it doesn't mention a location (Hoenn, Kanto, etc...).

I also found an Azelf, but it looks identical to my Azelf. I'll find someone to give it to, or maybe leave it on the GTS for a couple of days and ask for something basic in return.

On another note about hacked Mews, I'd like to quote this very important part of the Events guide that I linked to:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ 9.0 FAKE ALERTS ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokemon are listed in alphabetical order for fake alerts. If you
have any suspicions about your Pokemon, email me all the details
you can and I will take a look at them.

>>> Game Hacks Replicating Non-Existent Event
These events never happened, despite the data being in the game.
For some of them, the event may still take place.

Arceus
Darkrai
Shaymin
Reason – Not distributed yet.

Deoxys
OT: Emerald Name
ID: Emerald Name
Found: Hoenn
Reason – The Deoxys events in Europe & North America occurred
before Emerald was released. All legit Deoxys from those two
continents MUST either be of the SPACE C variety or have
originated in KANTO.

There is a slight edit to this part: Deoxys, in addition to those events named and unlocking the Kanto item, was also given away during the screening of the JApanese version of The Rise of Darkrai. The catch is it was distributed only in the hundreds.

>>> Possible Fakes (use EXTREME caution)

Gardevoir
Tropius
Salamence
OT: PCNYd
ID: 00016, 00017, 00018
Reason – No event occurred with all these Pokemon at once that is
known. A hack based off of information provided about the
Pokemon Center Pokemon. Somebody decided to make a list of
Pokemon he felt would seem appropriate. The three Pokemon were
not chosen randomly but by very cautious research to choose which
ones to create.
Gardevoir – Wish/Charm Ralts from Japan.
Tropius – Was distributed in Japan at Pokemon Centers.
Salamence was actually distributed and theoretically could have
this ID #, but be very cautious, might not be worth the hassle.

I don't have anything to contest at the above quote.

[quote]>>> YOU’RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE MY FAKE

These pokemon are to be assumed fake, until otherwise noted.

If you proof that these Pokemon are not fake, please contact me.

[b]Be wary of font differences. A popular program PokeSAV allows
the modification of certain Pokemon save files. The program
however operates in Japanese. Certain persons crafted event
Pokemon from them, not realizing the font is different between
Japanese and English and the space is significantly wider in
those Pokemon.[/b[

Deoxys
OT: SPACE C
ID: 00010
Reason – Two spaces between E and C. It’s a poor hack.

Manaphy (English)
Location Caught: Not Hatched

Mew
Found: Nintendo World
Reason – Nintendo World has not distributed any Pokemon!

Mew
OT: NYC
ID: 01234
Reason –
(1) No documentation of this promotion occurred as I looked for
information about this Pokemon.
(2) There have been incorrect reports from NYC before (Krabby
with Cross Chop in the GSC days).
(3) No evidence that Nintendo ever posted about this Mew on the
Pokemon website.
(4) The ID # does not match any typical pattern for Nintendo
Event Pokemon. It is instead a rather random number, that under
certain standards can only be interpreted as meaning it was
released on April 23, 2001. This date was long before the
Advance generation was available anywhere or the opening of the
Pokemon Center store in Rockefeller Center.
(5) Every last one of them is Hardy, suggesting it was but one
lie that quickly became cloned all over. Since posting this,
more NYC Mew have been offered with other natures but no
explanation of how they arrived.
(6) The OT is vague. Space Center Deoxys had SPACE C and not
HOUSTON. In NYC the Pokemon Center machines%2

firewall
4th March 2008, 5:46 AM
I find that "apparently met" applies to wild pokemon caught by someone else and traded to you. I.e: luvdisc caught by me: met at.... , luvdisc caught by friend/stranger: apparently met at....

Link trade: only for eggs as far as I know

Anything from a GBA pak that was pal parked would have either hoenn, kanto or distant land.

So, according to your info above a different font means it has been hacked by pokesav'rs.

randomspot555
4th March 2008, 6:21 AM
So, according to your info above a different font means it has been hacked by pokesav'rs.

Kind of.

Lemme explain:

The Japanese D/P uses a different font for letters than the D/P English release.

For example:

A Japanese nicknamed Butterfree vs English Butterfree (I'm making the font choice up, but you get the picture:

Japanese nickname: Butterfree
vs
American Butterfree: Butterfree

Pokesav ONLY uses the English font. So if they name something in JApanese lettering, it would look a bit different than if it had been legitmately done in a Japanese copy of D/P.

Blah blah blah

But in conclusion, your Mew is probably hacked, or at best, "semi-legit."

Even if it is a huge generalization, it's safe to assume that any Faraway Island Mew has to be in Japanese, since most probably are.

firewall
4th March 2008, 6:35 AM
Well crap, that's what I thought but since it obeyed I sent it back up! Darn. Ok, then from now on, if it isn't in japanese symbols it is hacked. Is this agreed by you guys?

Interestingly, while hunting this evening I came across a legit lv.5 untouched WSHMKR jirachi. Nice, it'll be sent back up since it is fine and these things are in short supply.

Too bad about that leafeon, it looks extremely accurate compared to the other hearthome eevee. You said you didn't know much about these kind of eevee, it is essentially one given to you by a lady in hearthome at lv.5 after beating the E4.

POKEMONLOVER: sure you can join if you don't mind erasing hacked event legends

Ok, the guardian forum's hack record has been brought up to date, that is getting very long now.

randomspot555
4th March 2008, 8:36 AM
Some final GTS trading AND here are the results:

The Bad

Deoxys from Hoenn. Item for in-game event was given away pre-Emerald release. OT Is Angelo and ID # 15076.

Jirachi from Hoenn- Event Pokemon only. I can't tell the OT since it's Japanese but the ID# is 46486

These are gone

The Good

Both the Azelfs I got off of GTS checked out. They'll probably return to the GTS or be offered for cheap in the trade thread.

I also encountered a legit Channel Jirachi. Lvl 73, but it all checks out. Keeping it since I don't have one yet.

The probably

Ho-Oh from Kanto at lvl 72 and was ported to D/P as such inside an Ultra Ball. It's all in English, OT Zane, ID# 63936.
Pending other opinions

John Light
4th March 2008, 4:29 PM
progress report
date 04/03/08
pokemon obtained: jirachi level 5 OT: MANKEY
Analysis: hatched in Stark Mountain

date 04/03/08
pokemon obtained: shiny slugma level 27 caught in Stark Mountain OT: something Japanese
analysis: caught in ultra ball, caught in Stark Mountain, think it is legit
action taken: kept

firewall
4th March 2008, 6:30 PM
Randomspot555:
Was there a way in FR/LG to get Ho-oh? I thought I heard something about it using a ticket for one of the islands (perhaps e-reader).
What ball is the jirachi in? I don't see that ID anywhere but then again, I only checked the serebii list.

John light: Ha! Hatched jirachi? That's hilarious!

EDIT: @randomspot555, ok checked up on it, Ho-oh can be caught in fr/lg at NAVEL ROCK by use of a mystic ticket. This is island #8 and Ho-oh appears at lv.70. It could be from this method. lucky you.

Pokelover33
4th March 2008, 7:15 PM
Ok but...can i join???

firewall
4th March 2008, 8:13 PM
Ok but...can i join???

Yeah, I said you could on an earlier post, as long as you don't mind erasing hacked event pokes and remember to post reports about your findings and wait for analysis.

Welcome aboard, I already added you to the member list.

randomspot555
4th March 2008, 9:57 PM
Randomspot555:
Was there a way in FR/LG to get Ho-oh? I thought I heard something about it using a ticket for one of the islands (perhaps e-reader).
What ball is the jirachi in? I don't see that ID anywhere but then again, I only checked the serebii list.

Thanks for your assistance on Ho-Oh. It will either be put back on the GTS (I already have a lvl 70 one) or given away for cheap in the trade thread.

Jirachi is an event only Pokemon, so it doesn't really matter what ball it's in, but the hacked one was in a great ball. Channel was in a regular ball.

EDIT: I have almost run out of clones to use for GTS trading, so I won't be doing much more. My spring break will be soon, so my computer access will be limited at best for the next 2 or so weeks.

firewall
5th March 2008, 12:35 AM
That's ok, no pressure. Most events come in either a pokeball or cherish ball, right? That's what I heard, although I had seen a hacked mew in a cherish ball.

If you can only come on to analyze every couple of days when you have restricted access, that'd be ok. Hunt when you are able.

Also, you said you had azelfs? I find from experience that if you put one up for offer for either a mew or jirachi, it will be accepted within one day or less. Or for a manaphy which in turn can be put up for mew/jirachi/celebi. I do this and it works every time (the manaphy bait). Alot of the people putting up these hacks are probably others who got ripped off in a trade. I see alot of "passing hacks around the gts" on various discussions, plus that's what I experienced when I tried to get my first jirachi and mew.

randomspot555
5th March 2008, 12:51 AM
That's ok, no pressure. Most events come in either a pokeball or cherish ball, right? That's what I heard, although I had seen a hacked mew in a cherish ball.

Poke Ball=3rd gen event.
Cherish=4th gen event (not counting bonus Pokemon from games, like Battle Revolution and Pokemon Ranger)

And that Mew may not have been hacked. Despite what most people think, there are more cherish ball events than just the various Manaphy events and movie Darkrai. The first Cherish Ball Pokemon was distributed Feb. 3, 2007. Check out the Gamefaq's guide starting with that date and you'll see a pretty near complete list of 4th gen events, including the Japanese Pokefesta (also known as Palcity) Mew with the ID# 07157 in a Cherish ball. I somehow managed to obtain one.

Also, you said you had azelfs? I find from experience that if you put one up for offer for either a mew or jirachi, it will be accepted within one day or less. Or for a manaphy which in turn can be put up for mew/jirachi/celebi. I do this and it works every time (the manaphy bait). Alot of the people putting up these hacks are probably others who got ripped off in a trade. I see alot of "passing hacks around the gts" on various discussions, plus that's what I experienced when I tried to get my first jirachi and mew.

That's interesting, since Azelf is a very common legendary that comes with every copy of D/P. I'll try it out.

eeveerose
5th March 2008, 2:19 AM
Nothing really happend with me
just came to check in, and to tell you
that my brother (umbreonmoon i think)
came accross another virus pokemon
it was a shiny umbreon
normal stats
but he put it in his party
BOOM
but instead of question marks, it was the flames, from ember
weird....

firewall
5th March 2008, 2:19 AM
Thanks.

Oh, that mew I mentioned was a hack: cherish ball, lv.9, fateful encounter @lv.50. Plus the guy told me it was when I wanted a trade/trade back for data and then he decided not to take it back. Plus, it couldn't trade on gts, can be loaded but not selected for trade. This guy was among several who ask pokesav'rs to "make X pokemon with X moves and put it in a cherish ball.."

It is interesting, I find people will take just about anything. I offered: ralts, sandshrew, quagsire, gyarados, cyndaquil, etc for manaphy and got it each time. I put up an azelf (not mine) and got a mew. Manaphy sells for jirachi/mew and celebi.

People with hacks know that the hack is worthless so it is likely that they put them for cheaper as long as what they get back is legit.

I find that any jirachi lv20 up for offer is usually a hack, I actually saw a celebi up for a female burmy and one time....for a BIDOOF! Also, every jirachi with a starpiece has come up as a hack.

John Light
5th March 2008, 4:20 PM
progress report
date 05/03/08
pokemon obtained: dragonite level 2 (seriously!) OT: HZNZ
analysis: caught in a great ball, at level 2 at route 201

date 05/03/08
pokemon obtained: celebi level 39 OT:10ANIV
analysis: caught in pokeball, at level 39 in mt coronet
action taken: destroyed, the hacker took effort into this though, but the level and ID are different

firewall
5th March 2008, 6:09 PM
wow, someone tried to pass that celebi as 10 aniversary but did a poor job!

Ok, the following I know are very legit and I don't have time for a proper report:
Found:
*WSHMKR jirachi lv5 UT, ID:20043
*Tanabata jirachi lv.5 UT ID: 40707 wow, first time I seen a tanabata!
*lv.100 wave japanese mew ID:50716

All will be returned to the gts later. I need to get a pic of each for our own legit event data files. I have my own jirachi and mew, best they go to someone who doesn't have one.

randomspot555
5th March 2008, 7:38 PM
All will be returned to the gts later. I need to get a pic of each for our own legit event data files. I have my own jirachi and mew, best they go to someone who doesn't have one.

I have a BUNCH of events and would like to help out with this. How do you plan on taking pictures? Camera with no flash? Stills from a video camera?

firewall
5th March 2008, 11:08 PM
Sure, that'd be good. I thought it'd make a more conclusive way of displaying an event listings. I will use a digital camera and we will try to adjust the flash. Or I will get my web cam going (if I can ever find the installation disk) because it gives darker images.

I hope to start soon as I have the wshmkr and tanabata that I am holding onto for this purpose as well as my own channel jirachi and Aura mew and 10aniv celebi.

Sure you can help out randomspot555, we will photograph the ID page and the trainer memo. I will use photobucket to make the two pages a slideshow for each.

@randomspot555, not sure I trust that gamefaqs. I skimmed through it and found an error. It says that the OT for a channel jirachi can only be male (blue) but my channel jirachi's OT is female (red)

randomspot555
6th March 2008, 12:29 AM
@randomspot555, not sure I trust that gamefaqs. I skimmed through it and found an error. It says that the OT for a channel jirachi can only be male (blue) but my channel jirachi's OT is female (red)

I informed the guy of an error in his guide and if you think so, you should e-mail him. He knows it's not error free.

But instead of skimming, search under the Full List chapter. Under there , CHANNEL isn't identified as male or female. So it is definitely an error that you can contact him about. Post here when you find out if it's female or male. I'm in the middle of an Elite 4 rematch so can't check on mine to see what the OT is.

firewall
6th March 2008, 12:30 AM
Great thanks. Whew, scared me a moment about my jirachi.

Blastoise720
6th March 2008, 12:32 AM
Hey id like to join this, I hate hacked pokemon they are so just...not real

firewall
6th March 2008, 12:49 AM
Ok, Hi and welcome to the club, blastoise720. Familiarize yourself with the activity that goes on here and happy hunting!

Blastoise720
6th March 2008, 2:21 AM
Alright thanks and I've actually gotten a hacked jirachi before i joined if that counts...

I released it of course, it was a very obvious hack too!

eeveerose
6th March 2008, 2:34 AM
welcome to the club blastoise :)

firewall
6th March 2008, 5:05 AM
Alright thanks and I've actually gotten a hacked jirachi before i joined if that counts...

I released it of course, it was a very obvious hack too!

If you post what you remember of it in a hack report, we can count that as your first hunt.

Did you manage to get a legit one in the end?

randomspot555
6th March 2008, 5:57 AM
Firewall, I got an e-mail back from the guide writer on your Jirachi.

I'm only aware of them being Male, but I can make no proclamation, it might be dependent on the OT in the game (as was the case in PCNY events), but I'm inclined to believe it needs to be Female. When I have more free time, I'll do more research with my acquired Pokemon Channel (Australia) but alas the game isn't very fun and I don't have much time to play games.

I'd be inclined to say hack, as they seem to be based off WISHMKR which is only available male. I believe I don't list trainer genders for a few of the Pokemon (noticed it on WISHMKR), it's a discrepancy I intend to rectify when time permits.

He thinks female OT channel Jirachi's are hacks, but admits he could be wrong because some games/events determine gender when they get put in the game, but admits he's only theorizing.

What would really resolve this is someone who owns a European copy of Pokemon Channel to answer the following questions:

1. Are you male/female?
2. When you transferred Jirachi, did the OT show up in red or blue letters and the OT's name is CHANNEL?
3. Did someone with the opposite sex registered on their cartridge also transfer Jirachi? If so, what color was the OT's color?

And my channel Jirachi is female too. I'm personally inclined to say that it can be either/or, but we should fine a Channel owner or 3 before making any solid conclusions.

firewall
6th March 2008, 6:12 AM
I went to the "ways to tell if a pokemon is hacked" thread and someone there said he got both colors-red when he played as a female character and blue when played a male character. I think the gamefaq guy is severely misinformed.
Of course WSHMKR is of a male OT, the only character you play as in colloseum is male.

randomspot555
6th March 2008, 6:27 AM
I went to the "ways to tell if a pokemon is hacked" thread and someone there said he got both colors-red when he played as a female character and blue when played a male character. I think the gamefaq guy is severely misinformed.

Misinformed on the OT gender, but accurate for most and there's not another site that is more complete, but he does point out that possibility in the e-mail.

Thanks for finding someone who actually owns the game.

ALSO, I was thinking of writing up a section, creative title pending. But it's about places to watch out for hacks. Would this be appropriate, or is it too off-topic since it's hacks in general and not GTS specific?

bangdosa
6th March 2008, 6:32 AM
hello firewall, i think i talked with you before for trading? i know i forgot to trade with someone, if that was you im sorry
anyways i want to join this club, but i haven't seen too many legends, but i think my starters will do enough to attract some hackers
well tell me if i can join by pm plz

firewall
6th March 2008, 7:03 AM
Ok so I believe our jirachi's are fine.

Randomspot555, yes I think such a section on hacks to watch out for and where could be good. You should put it in the log forums under the analyst's lounge or the hack section.

Bangdosa, sure you can join, hunt what you can. I don't think that I traded with you before so it probably wasn't me.

John Light
6th March 2008, 4:14 PM
What would really resolve this is someone who owns a European copy of Pokemon Channel to answer the following questions:

1. Are you male/female?
2. When you transferred Jirachi, did the OT show up in red or blue letters and the OT's name is CHANNEL?
3. Did someone with the opposite sex registered on their cartridge also transfer Jirachi? If so, what color was the OT's color?

And my channel Jirachi is female too. I'm personally inclined to say that it can be either/or, but we should fine a Channel owner or 3 before making any solid conclusions.

Hi, I have Pokemon Channel and I will get back later with the answers

Progress Report:
date 06/03/08
pokemon obtained: jirachi level 49 @ star piece OT: Kostas
analysis: caught at route 204 at level 1 in 2000!

EDIT: OK, I am male, the Jirachi I have just downloaded has CHANNEL in Red (I think its due to I downloaded it to a Ruby game cart)

firewall
6th March 2008, 10:16 PM
Great! So it is not gender for channel! You should email the gamefaq guy about it! Thanks, I am going to put that in our guardian event lists, and give you credit!

BTW: you guys, go to the log forums and look under "legit Jirachi events" , you will like what you "see".

Blastoise720
7th March 2008, 12:19 AM
No i dont gotta remember cause i took a picture when i had it.

Just give me a minute and i can find the picture!

firewall
7th March 2008, 1:30 AM
Ok, put that up. Where's everyone?

randomspot555
7th March 2008, 3:23 AM
Ok, put that up. Where's everyone?

No time for a report, but I put up an Azelf and got a master ball Jirachi. I'd normally destroy it without a second thought, but I'm trying not to be so impulsive so we can track id #s and/or OT (in this case, the OT is Japanese so it's a bit pointless).

I also saw a level 9 Mew up on GTS, but I didn't have a spare Mew to get it off. Wish I did, so we could test Bulbapedia's "Hacked Mews will not obey you" theory.

firewall
7th March 2008, 3:28 AM
Hey randomspot555, yeah I got another mew that could be hacked faraway island. It obeys, so I don't know what to make of it yet. I will fill in a report when I have time. Yeah, destroy it when you have time to record relevant info.

So, the pics I took to catalog the event legends turned out well, check it out in the guardian forum. I will keep working at the pages until complete.

BTW, did you read the channel findings John light supplied? Would you mind e-mailing the gamefaq guy so he knows about it?

randomspot555
7th March 2008, 5:16 AM
A really well done hacked Celebi. The downfall of the GTS is you can't read the summary before trading.

Pokename and OT in Japanese
ID# 000000
Arrived at lvl 10 from Hoenn in Pokeball
Not bad for a hack Agepo/bonus disk Celebi, but doesn't pass. Destroyed.

OT and Pokename in Japanese, Jirachi
ID# 09452
In Master Ball
Apparently met at lvl 19 on Route 210
Destroyed.

Blastoise720
7th March 2008, 5:23 AM
DANG!! The picture is all blurry and you cant see it

But from looking at the picture this is what I'm estimating

Jirachi
HP:404ish
Attack:363ish
Defense:328ish
Sp. Atk.299
Sp. Def:299
Speed:299

Progress Report
Date: About a month ago
Pokemon Obtained:Jirachi (shiny)
Analysis (unknown):
Decided Action: Released

http://i31.*******.com/11133a1.jpg
http://i25.*******.com/210f7uv.jpg

Pokelover33
7th March 2008, 5:28 AM
Can mew2s be caught in charrus balls???

firewall
7th March 2008, 5:49 AM
I think it's spelled 'ageto', randomspot. I have been finding all legit everything for the past few days. The only hacks I have are those from four days ago. I haven't filed the report yet. I was busy with stuff and with getting the pictures for the analyst lounge.

Blastoise720, without an ID/OT or ball type we can't derive anything from that. stats don't count for much.

Pokelover33, as far as I know Mewtwo doesn't come in cherish balls. I haven't heard of any event for him. I only think you get Mewtwo from fr/lg

Blastoise720
7th March 2008, 6:04 AM
Well its in a normal pokeball but hey i did get it before i was in here so i guess it can't count oh well!

BTW is there any way to take good pictures?

cause with my camera they all come out blurry....i was taking some today and they were all horrible

firewall
7th March 2008, 6:32 AM
I used a web cam to obtain the shots showcased in our data forum. Follow the link in my sig to see them under "legit events".

randomspot555
7th March 2008, 7:12 AM
x2 what firewall said. Blastoise, please give us as much info as possible. Unless it's an obviously hacked move set (Frenzy Plant on Mew, for example), moves and stats don't help much.

What does is:

Area (Hoenn, Kanto, etc..)
Arrived at/apparently met at [area] or hatched at in the case of egg pokes
Kind of poke ball it's in
OT/ID#
and in some cases, is the Poke's name in English or Japanese (like how to find Faraway Mews)

I put up my other spare Azelf and asked for a lvl 9 and under Mew. Hopefully I'll get one so we can do some hack testing.

kodochakhfan
7th March 2008, 7:13 AM
Sorry, los of homework... The meganium cannot be legit, caught at lvl 40... That's not a bayleef anymore... @.@

randomspot555
7th March 2008, 8:16 AM
Azelf was accepted by someone with a Mew, and it turns out it's a legit Japanese movie one at lvl 57. I'll probably keep this one and use lvl 58 Japanese movie Mew as bait. But current Azelf is still in GTS, asking for a lvl 9 and under Mew.

Also I got a cherish ball Salamence supposedly from the Saikyou Japanese event in '08 (the same where Dragonite came from), but I can't find it on any lists. It has a pretty recent date (Feb 26, 08) which falls a bit outside of the event for Dragonite.

I'm going to keep it in storage for now until someone can confirm it. Since it's such a recent event (if legit) , it might take some time to find it's way into Poke event lists.

EDIT: My spare lvl 58 movie Japanese Mew took Azelf's place.

eeveerose
7th March 2008, 4:14 PM
Isnt it funny how everyone wants a mew lv 9 and under lol

so i asked for one too

I have a lv 100 shiny ho-oh as bait
(cloned)

lets see what i get

zapdragon14
7th March 2008, 7:13 PM
Progress Report

Date: 07/3/08
Pokemon obtained: japanese kyogre arrived at lv.100 in a masterball
Analysis: japanese OT with an exclamation mark at the end
and these are its experience points: ?935123.
Action taken: destruction upon approval.

Given away by the question mark where it shows the total exp. points

a legit kyogre should have: 1,250,000

firewall
7th March 2008, 7:25 PM
Thanks randomspot, yes blastoise, that's the data we need and also, no destroying anything without either an analyst's approval or you are able to verify it yourself 100%. These things are rare and we can't afford errors.

I keep getting legit stuff, ageto celebi, jirachi: channel, tanabata and wshmkr, mew wave, is it me or are we starting to see the results of our efforts? Time will tell.

Eeveerose, yes alot of people ask for that, not sure why. Some may be cloning. I actually saw a perfect example of how what we hunt may be put up by people who got cheated rather than the hackers themselves. I saw a japanese person offering a Jirachi with a english profanity as a nickname. Obviously not his. It was *** hole. Oddly enough, someone took it.

Kodochakfan, just hold on, if it was from distant lands it would say "arrived at lv40' which is the day it was pal parked, not caught.

Are you sure that a lv.100 has to have 1,250,000 pts? I saw legit pokemon with less than that. Does rare candys or daycare affect the points gained?

zapdragon14
7th March 2008, 8:15 PM
well the point is, the kyogre had a question mark where it should've been numbers

yes, each pokemon of the same species will reach lv.100 with the same amount of exp.
I'm not positive 1,250,000 is the right number, thats just what serebii says.

Blastoise720
7th March 2008, 10:25 PM
Alright, yes I understand the right data, but I know it was hacked, I just know it.

firewall
7th March 2008, 11:31 PM
Ok, it makes no difference now.

Ok yes zapdragon, I didn't catch the ? mark in the number field thing. As for exp, I wonder if the use of rare candys/daycare will equal less earned exp at 1v.100. Well find out.

KODOCHAKFAN: This pic is for you to compare that meganium with. Also, It should have a ribbon called NATIONAL ribbon: awarded for overcoming all difficult challenges.
If it has that and resembles mine than it is a colloseum meganium. I used a Pokeball for mine but an ultra ball for my croconaw as we have to use balls to snag in colloseum.

PS: ignore the miracle seed and pokerus smiley.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/firewall_art/meganium.jpg

eeveerose
8th March 2008, 3:46 AM
werid looking... looks hacked somehow....